Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #761
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
fu*kfu*kfu*kfu*kfu*kfu*kfu*kfu*k

Beckett's going to see James Andrews
 9 years ago '05        #762
BoSox84 
space
space
And now he's gone on the DL :banghead:
 9 years ago '06        #763
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
well he is scheduled to pitch tomorrow right?
im expecting him to get shelled but hopefully he pitches a solid game..6 innings atleast.
 9 years ago '05        #764
BoSox84 
space
space
Hopefully he's got his mind right. If his elbow is ok (which apparently Dr. Andrews said it was), than everything from here is purely mental. He's just gotta get in the mindset that his arm is fine and he'll be alright
 9 years ago '05        #765
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Yea our DL list has gotten packed a bit quick this past couple of weeks but im really impressed at what our bench has been doing.
 9 years ago '06        #766
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
well beckett seems great. i think he is going to be just fine come playoffs.
all we need to do is get youk back in the lineup and start winning again.
 9 years ago '05        #767
BoSox84 
space
space
Back down to a game and a half. Big 3 games comin up startin tomorrow
 9 years ago '06        #768
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
its about time. all we gotta do now is sweep them...bury them until they cant get up
 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM         #769
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Francona: Drew will start tonight

When the Red Sox take the field against the Cleveland Indians tonight at Fenway Park, J.D. Drew will be in the lineup for the first time since Aug. 17.

Manager Terry Francona revealed this afternoon during his weekly interview with the "Dale and Holley Show" on sports radio station WEEI that Drew, who is batting .280 with 19 homers in 107 games this season, will start in right field.

Drew, who has missed 33 games with a herniated disk in his back, received an epidural Monday, and felt well enough to take batting practice before last night's game.

"He was putting on a clinic [in BP]," Francona said. "He's done that a few times. This time is the first time he's felt good and stayed good."

Francona said he was uncertain whether Drew, the Most Valuable Player of this year's All-Star Game, would play a full nine innings as the club eases him back into action.

The manager also noted that left fielder Jason Bay won't start tonight, with Chris Carter taking his place in the lineup. With a playoff berth secured, Francona indicated he will try to rest his regulars periodically during the regular season's final five games.

"We don't have a lot of middle infielders," Francona said, "so we're going to mix and match, try to give one guy a day every day."

A few other subjects Francona touched on during the interview:

On whether it's more important to try to win the AL East or to rest his players and set up the pitching staff for the postseason:

"We really do place an importance on winning the division, but a lot of that is out of our hands. We could win out and still not catch Tampa. We do need to be realistic . . . while also understanding what our final goal is. We all witnessed going into the playoffs [in '05] at not 100 percent, and Chicago shooed us right out of the playoffs."

On how he feels about the state of the starting rotation:

"I think we'll feel about as good anybody. At this point of the season, there is a lot of wear and tear on every pitcher in league. We're situated to lean on [our starters] a little bit. [As far as setting up the rotation for the playoffs], we're going to put together the game plan that gives us the best chance to go forward."

On the MVP chances of Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis:

"Just to be talked about as an MVP candidate means you're having some kind of year."

On the Manny Ramirez trade July 31, which brought Bay to Boston and unified the clubhouse:

"I applaud [general manager] Theo [Epstein] for recognizing we needed to make a change . . . to have guts to do that made us a better ball club. I know people could question trading Manny, to think it would blow up in our faces, but I think [what has happened since] proves we're a better ball club, and I applaud Theo for having the guts to do that.

"I think our goal was to be a better team, and I think we accomplished that."

On the postgame celebration Tuesday night, and whether the Red Sox should be accustomed to such things after earning five postseason berths in the past six years:

"[Each season is always] different, the paths are always different, but the reward should never be any less significant. Because we've been fortunate to be there before, it's no less enjoyable. It makes older guys look younger. You see how young kids react. It's a really neat feeling."

On how he celebrated:

"Went home, watched 'Prison Break,' got up and went to Starbucks, and returned to the ballpark. Not much changes."
 09-27-2008, 01:43 PM         #770
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Red Sox schedule, round 1

Here's the slate for the ALDS, where the Red Sox will renew acquaintances with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim:

Game 1: Wed., Oct. 1 @ Anaheim, TBS
Game 2: Fri., Oct. 3 @ Anaheim, TBS
Game 3: Sun, Oct. 5 @ Boston, TBS
Game 4: Mon., Oct. 6 @ Boston*, TBS
Game 5: Wed., Oct. 8 @ Anaheim*, TBS
*if necessary
 9 years ago '06        #771
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
a day off every game..that sucks >.<
 9 years ago '05        #772
BoSox84 
space
space
I'm down with that. If anything, that'll give us a chance to go with a 3 man rotation if we have to
 09-29-2008, 06:31 AM         #773
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
I'm down with that. If anything, that'll give us a chance to go with a 3 man rotation if we have to
thats what im saying...
 9 years ago '06        #774
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
i know that ^^^ im sayin in terms from my perspective..
it sucks to be watch one game, then the next day there isnt any...over and over again..thats all. i still like the schedule cuz it benefits us in alot of ways.
 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM         #775
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Manny fires back at Boston

Former Red Sox slugger Manny Ramirez, who has tempered his comments on Boston and the Red Sox since being traded to the Dodgers in mid-season, had plenty to say to T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times in a column published yesterday.

Ramirez told Simers that he was unhappy during his entire eight-season tenure with the Red Sox. "The first time I stepped foot in Boston, I said to myself, 'Whoa.' I told Pedro Martinez, 'Damn, man, I just want to get traded and get out of here; this place is not me.' I was unhappy for eight years in Boston but still put up great numbers."

More interesting tidbits from Simers' conversation with Manny:

Ramirez told Simers the fans in Boston supported him, but the media made his life difficult.
"Baseball in Boston is like a Sunday football game, but played every day," Ramirez said. "We lose in LA, I go to breakfast and people say, 'Well, you'll get them tomorrow.' In Boston, it's 'Hey, what's going on, the Yankees are coming.' It's just a different atmosphere. The fans in Boston got your back no matter what, but I'm talking about the people who write all this bull because it means so much to them. If your happiness depends on Boston winning or losing, you have to get a life."

More from Ramirez on the differences he perceives between Boston and LA.

"I would bring my kids to the park [in Boston] and I want my kids to be kids, but there'd be people trying to interview them. That's so stupid," Ramirez said. "I'd go to the parking lot after the game and 20 people I didn't know would be offering food, CDs and things -- then wanting something in return.

"[In LA], the game ends, I go to the elevator, my car and no one bothers me."

In a roundabout way, Manny seemed to admit to Simers that he did not always give a full effort running to first base while in Boston:

"I love to hit, to compete and would never do that; that's just people looking for stuff," he says, while admitting he now runs everything out in L.A., "and I don't even have to think about it."
That suggests he wasn't running everything out in Boston, and while he tries to explain, he's interrupted. There's no explanation for such behavior after signing a contract and being paid $20 million a year to give his all.

"You're right," he says. "You're right."

While Manny didn't challenge Curt Schilling's accusations that Ramirez was an ongoing problem in the Red Sox clubhouse, he responded to the charges:

"I don't wish him anything bad, although it did make me madder and play harder to show everyone who I am," Ramirez said. "I don't disrespect or takes shots at anyone. I don't want someone going to one of my sons and saying your dad is a punk and talks bad about people behind their backs."

It sounds like Manny just wants to move on, and hopes Red Sox fans can do the same:

"Just let me be happy someplace else," Ramirez said. "I'm against the clock."

He also appears to be loving life in Los Angeles. "It's just great here; I don't feel like I'm in a cage. The fans in L.A. are unbelievable -- never in my 16 years have I received such a reception."

We’re sure some folks who frequented Fenway Park for the last eight years would take umbrage with that last statement.

In today's Simers column, Ramirez shed some light on the shoving incident between him and Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick in June:

As for the incident that had him knocking down a Red Sox executive, "I was wrong," Ramirez said.
He said the relationship with the executive had been deteriorating for some time, and a day earlier the guy had said some nasty things to Ramirez in front of Ramirez's teammates.

Ramirez went home troubled, returned and asked for a meeting with the executive. "I told him, 'I can't have you disrespecting me in front of my teammates.' "

When he didn't get the response he liked, it escalated into a shove.

"I didn't handle it the right way," he said.

Manny, who is a free agent at the end of the season, on his future with the Dodgers: "I think I can play four or five more years. And the way the division is, the Dodgers can win it the next four or five years, but they have big decisions to make. It just depends on how badly they want to win."
 9 years ago '05        #776
BoSox84 
space
space
"I don't disrespect or takes shots at anyone. I don't want someone going to one of my sons and saying your dad is a punk and talks bad about people behind their backs."
Uhhhh, so what was all the BS about the Sox were trying to make him out like the bad guy, and the BS that the Sox didn't deserve a player of his caliber. All of that was made up bullsh*t, so how does he not disrespect or take shots at anyone?
 9 years ago '06        #777
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Beckett injured his oblique..
he is projected to start Game 3..although its not guaranteed...

i found out about that last night ^ i was shocked.
but i hope its nothing serious cuz if we lose him, we're in trouble.
 09-29-2008, 04:26 PM         #778
muhlhockey10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
go sox
 10-08-2008, 12:00 PM         #779
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rotation set; Matsuzaka to pitch Game 1

Terry Francona announced the Red Sox ALCS at a press conference:

Game 1: Daisuke Matsuzaka
Game 2: Josh Beckett
Game 3: Jon Lester
Game 4: Tim Wakefield
Game 5*: Daisuke Matsuzaka
Game 6*: Josh Beckett
Game 7*: Jon Lester
(*if necessary)

Francona set the rotation trying not to be too complicated -- everyone gets enough rest, no one gets too much. His primary rationale was, the top three pitchers will each throw two games, anyway, so the order is not of primary importance.

"That’s the way we’re set up to go," Francona said. "The reasoning is actually pretty simple. I thought this was how it would shake out, even before we did the media after we beat [the Angles]. We just needed to take the proper time and take it through.

"You could get into a lot of details, but there really didn’t need to be. The way it lined up was appropriate. Again, for us, those three will pitch twice if it goes to seven. In the end, as long as they’re pitching, the order isn’t as important. So then you go, ‘OK. What’s best for them?’

"It gives people rest – not too much rest, not too little. This is probably the best way. We didn’t want one going on eight [days rest], one guy going on regular. Keep everybody somewhat in line. Rest at this time of year is huge. We’ll take advantage of it while trying not to give too much.

"Guys that pitched 1, 2, and 3 are lined up for 5, 6, and 7. Nobody is going to throw three. So having those three twice is really what’s important, regardless of how they lined up."

Francona, as he has in the past, did not stress pitching his best pitchers early in the series, the logic simple: If you need a great pitcher to win, say, Game 6, then you're doomed, anyway, so it's best to ensure proper rest. Francona felt no need to throw Lester – the dominant force of the ALDS who pitched 14 innings without surrendering an earned run – on regular rest in Game 2.

"It’s best of seven. It’s not best of six," Francona said. "The idea is to win the series, not win Game 6. I never quite understood that philosophy. Our idea, the way we set it up, is to win the series. If it’s such a big deal to pitch [Lester] in Game 6, what happens Game 7? We’ll give the guys the rest they need and set it up for the entire series. And then if you’re losing, don’t panic."
 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM         #780
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Finding a good fit

The Red Sox have money to spend, players to trade, needs to fill. And just one year after they entered what proved to be one of the more tranquil offseasons in their history, now is a good time to remember the team's track record in the John Henry era.

They are not afraid to be bold.

In the last five offseasons, after all, the Red Sox have traded for Curt Schilling and Josh Beckett, signed premier free agents such as Keith Foulke and J.D. Drew, and blown away the competition in an international auction for Daisuke Matsuzaka. They nearly traded Manny Ramírez for Alex Rodriguez. They tried to trade for Tim Hudson and sign Brad Radke. They imported Edgar Renteria one year, exported him the next.

This year? Maybe more of the same, maybe nothing.

"I'd be surprised if [none] was the case," general manager Theo Epstein said Monday. "We have the ability to be selective in free agency. That could be the case again this year. We also might do something big. We have the ability to survey the field, play the offseason, and do what we think is right without having to do any one thing.

"We're at a point now where we're not desperate as an organization to improve in any one area. We can bring back the same group in any one area and be solid and have the bases covered. We can now pick our spots and look for areas to improve. Last offseason was great because we didn't have to be desperate. I think that's the same approach we'll take this year."

Maybe so. But do Sox officials really strike you as passive?

With that in mind, here's a look at the Sox' potential offseason plans, starting with:

The middle of the lineup
Epstein played it straight Monday, noting that the Sox finished second in the American League and third in the majors in runs. At the same time, the bottom of the lineup seemed terribly shallow during the postseason and there are significant questions about the ability of Mike Lowell (hip surgery) and David Ortiz (wrist) to regain the form that made them centerpieces in 2007.

Of the offensive talents available on the free agent market, two names stand out: Mark Teixeira and Manny Ramírez, the latter of whom is not an option for obvious reasons. Epstein said all the right things concerning Lowell and Ortiz, but the 28-year-old Teixeira is a switch-hitter with power from both sides of the plate who has averaged 35 home runs and 118 RBIs the past five seasons. Teixeira also is a two-time Gold Glove winner at first base who finished this year with more walks (97) than strikeouts (93), making him a perfect fit for the Sox in every way.

According to a club source, the Sox already have had internal discussions about Teixeira and would likely make room for him by trying to trade Lowell, who has two years and $25 million remaining on a three-year, $37.5 million contract he signed before last season. In that scenario, Kevin Youkilis would move to third base and Ortiz would probably drop in the lineup, giving the Sox a balanced lineup from Nos. 2 through 7 that would look something like this:

Dustin Pedroia (R), Teixeira (S), Youkilis (R), Ortiz (L), Jason Bay (R), J.D. Drew (L).

Depending on the length of the contract, Teixeira is likely to command $18 million-$20 million per season for the range of 6-8 years, and the competition could be stiff, with the Los Angeles Angels and New York Yankees among the potential suitors. Agent Scott Boras, who represents Teixeira, historically has shown willingness to take deals slightly shorter in length if his clients are young enough to make another venture into free agency.

If the Sox do not get Teixeira, their options for improving the lineup might be best served via trade, with the Colorado Rockies being a potential match. The Rockies need pitching and have both third baseman Garrett Atkins and outfielder Matt Holliday to deal, with Holliday being eligible for free agency at the end of 2009. Holliday, too, is represented by Boras, however, which makes it unlikely that he would sign with a new team before hitting the open market.

Because the Rockies have Ian Stewart ready to take over at third, Atkins seems like the team's preferred candidate to deal. (The Rockies would love to deal Todd Helton and move Atkins to first, but Helton's contract is prohibitive.) Atkins, too, could be a good fit for the Sox if they are serious about moving Lowell, but Teixeira is the most sensible option for a club that has shaved $40 million-$60 million off its payroll since the end of last season, much of it in the deal that sent Ramírez to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Furthermore, if the Sox sign Teixeira, they can then focus on extending Bay's contract. Agent Joe Urbon said yesterday that he and the Sox have not discussed an extension for Bay, who is signed through 2009, and it could be that the Sox would need Bay in a big trade if they do not land Teixeira. But if the Sox can sign Teixeira and extend the 30-year-old Bay, they will have infused the middle of their lineup with run producers in their peak years.

That brings us to:

Catcher and the bottom of the order
Regardless of what happens with Jason Varitek, the Sox need to find a younger, long-term replacement who can provide them with at least average offensive output. The Texas Rangers have young catching to trade - the Sox tried to deal for Gerald Laird last winter - and the Cleveland Indians have a budding Kelly Shoppach, though Shoppach might be tough to pry away if and when Victor Martínez ends up at another position.

Given the scarcity of productive catchers, the Sox may be willing to settle for mediocrity, depending on what happens in the middle of the order. Whoever ends up catching will end up at the bottom of the order with Jed Lowrie, whom the Sox now regard as a legitimate candidate to take over for Julio Lugo. Finding a deal for Lugo (two years, $18 million remaining) will be near impossible unless the Sox eat roughly two-thirds of his remaining contract, but even then, the rewards will be minimal. The Sox are not likely to get much more than a midlevel prospect in return, limiting any impact on 2009.

Regardless, the Sox are not likely to make major offensive upgrades at catcher or shortstop next season, which only magnifies the importance of getting thicker in the middle of the lineup.

Pitching
The class of free agent pitchers is deep, with A.J. Burnett, Ben Sheets, Ryan Dempster, and Derek Lowe joining the big prize, CC Sabathia. The availability of Jake Peavy via trade further clouds the issue, though the Sox are not likely to be major players for any front-line starter.

For beginners, Sox officials generally have refrained from throwing silly dollars at starting pitchers on the open market, particularly ones in their 30s. (In Sabathia's case, Sox officials privately have expressed concerns about his long-term durability.) The Sox certainly could use an infusion of innings in their starting rotation, though it should be stressed that Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, and Daisuke Matsuzaka are all under 30 and under team control through at least 2010.

Could the Sox use a No. 4 or No. 5 starter, a.ssuming they pick up the option on Tim Wakefield? Of course, though at that point they would get more bang for their buck by bringing along another young starter, be it Clay Buchholz or Justin Masterson or Michael Bowden. The ability of Epstein and his baseball operations staff to develop pitching should pay huge dividends this winter because the Sox can spend big dollars elsewhere and/or make trades to fortify their roster.

If the Sox are forced to give up pitching to acquire a hitter, they can then engage in discussions with any one of the aforementioned free agents.

As Epstein likes to say every winter, the precise developments are difficult to predict because there are a lot of moving parts.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
119 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy