The Official 2007 / 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #721
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Hopefully Jed Lowrie can catch fire while Lugo is out and give Tito a reason to keep Lugo out of the lineup
 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM         #722
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dice-K 10-1 with a what 2.33 ERA or something like that. Filthy. Drew and Dustin are beastin with Oritz fu*ked up
 9 years ago '06        #723
jj01 
space
space
$44,966 | Props total: 4685 4685
yes lugo is out, hopefully whoever replaces him shows out and takes the spot from him permanently.
 9 years ago '06        #724
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
i agree ^, the guy cant hit or field even if his life was on the line
 9 years ago '04        #725
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,236 | Props total: 548 548
JD fu*king Drew
 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM         #726
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ortiz Watch: Big Papi homers in second at-bat

PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- The moment couldn't have been scripted any better.

With a 1-2 count in the fourth inning, Red Sox slugger David Ortiz called for time and stepped out of the batter's box to gain his composure.

The sellout crowd here at McCoy Stadium started chanting "Papi! Papi! Papi!"

He stepped back in with flashbulbs going off, and on his next swing, smashed a home run to right field that hit the top of the wall before going over. The solo home run gave the Paw Sox a 1-0 lead.

Here was the at-bat against Virgil Vasquez:

1st pitch: Called strike

2nd pitch: Swing and miss, strike two

3rd pitch: Fouled off shoestrings

4th pitch: Ball, low and away

5th pitch: Home run to right field
 07-18-2008, 11:46 AM         #727
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lobel: Manny fined -- and wasn't happy about it

According to former WBZ sports director Bob Lobel, Manny Ramirez was fined a six-figure amount for his June altercation with Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick -- and he wasn't happy about it.

"Manny was fined six figures to go to a charity," Lobel said this morning on sports radio WEEI. "That got [Manny's] attention ... he became a petulant child by being punished. No matter what the crime was, pushing an employee, that was the issue ... he acted out [after they fined him]. They got his attention. He doesn't like to be punished in any way, shape, or form... "

Lobel’s strong words didn’t stop there. He went on to allege that there was a perception that in a pinch-hit at bat at Yankee Stadium on July 6 -- more than a week after the incident with McCormick -- Ramirez took three straight called strikes to send a message to the Sox.

"The thing that most people are forgetting and haven't talked about is the strikeout in Yankee Stadium," Lobel said. "The bat on the shoulder for the three pitches from Mariano Rivera. That was a big [expletive] to the Red Sox after the fine. I'm just telling you ... there are things in the front office that are perceived ... I'm saying that there is a strong feeling that that [three-pitch strikeout] was the message to the Red Sox and it's a strong feeling that that's unacceptable ... there's a feeling that he didn't give it his all, let's put it that way ... I'm just saying the front office has not forgotten that moment. It's akin to Nomar sitting on the bench [in a game in which Derek Jeter dove into the stands at Yankee Stadium in 2004]. It's the same thing. It's an at bat that resonated very strongly in the front office."

During the All-Star break, Ramirez told the Boston Herald's Rob Bradford that he would like to stay in Boston after this season, but that if the team doesn't exercise the first of two one-year, $20 million options they have on Manny, he'll play elsewhere.

"To be honest with you, I don't know, I want to stay in Boston, but I want to sit down after the season with ownership and see what my future is going to be in Boston," he said. "If they don't pick it up, I'm a free agent and I'll go play somewhere else."

Ramirez added that holding court with the Sox' executives is important to him because "I want to know what's my situation. I want no more [expletive] where they tell you one thing and behind your back they do another thing. I think I've earned that respect, for a team to sit down with me and tell me this is what we want, this is what we want to do."

Responding to Ramirez's comments via e-mail to Bradford the next day, Sox owner John Henry wrote, "I find remarks that we have been anything other than completely straightforward to be personally offensive. Manny has been a crucial part of two world championships. I do not believe we would have won either without him. He has never played a more important role than he has thus far this year."
 9 years ago '06        #728
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
wow..if he keeps going like this, i wouldnt be surprise if he is let go after this season..
at the same time, i wouldnt mind trading for Holliday either XD
 9 years ago '05        #729
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
whats up with ortiz lately? he is swinging at crap. hitting only pop ups. and just looks awful. he needs to step up
 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM         #730
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bay 4-5 tonight..hes done nothing but good for us so far..:clap2:
 9 years ago '04        #731
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
^ yessir. same with nady for us. those boys are just happy to be out of pittsburgh.
 9 years ago '06        #732
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
well, lets hope they can keep it up.
 9 years ago '05        #733
BoSox84 
space
space
 justindlawson said:
whats up with ortiz lately? he is swinging at crap. hitting only pop ups. and just looks awful. he needs to step up
He's seeing fewer good pitches, making him more jumpy when he gets a good one, and more likely to swing at some crap pitches to try and get his.
 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM         #734
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Report: Red Sox claim Brian Giles

According to a report in the San Diego Union-Tribune the Red Sox have claimed outfielder Brian Giles off waivers from the Padres:

The Union-Tribune has learned that the Boston Red Sox have claimed Padres right fielder Brian Giles off the waiver wire, if only to keep him away from the two teams with better records in the American League. Thus, Boston entered a 48-hour period in which the Sox have exclusive rights to try to work out a trade with San Diego.
Giles is not in today's starting lineup for the finale of the Padres' series with the New York Mets-- Jody Gereut's penciled in to play right field -- though Manager Bud Black said the day off was scheduled and Giles is available to play.

"Just a regular thing," Black said. "Day game, 37-year-old player."

The Red Sox wouldn't seem the most likely team interested in Giles, since they already have an outfield loaded with stars J.D. Drew, Jason Bay and Jacoby Ellsbury as well as Coco Crisp. They may just be protecting themselves against Giles landing with one of their division rivals and/or teams they may face in the postseason.

After Giles had cleared National League waivers, the only other two AL teams after Boston with a shot at claiming him were the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

If the Padres and Red Sox do not work out a trade, the Padres can retain Giles, whose contract includes Boston among the 10 teams with which he has veto power for a trade.
 9 years ago '05        #735
BoSox84 
space
space
Not sure how he'd fit in, but :wow:
 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM         #736
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Not sure how he'd fit in, but :wow:
the more the better :applause:
 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM         #737
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Report: Indications Giles will block deal

According to a report by ESPN's Buster Olney, it looks like Padres outfielder Brian Giles is going to block a waiver deal that would have sent him to the Red Sox.

A source with direct knowledge of the situation told the Globe's Amalie Benjamin that the Red Sox submitted a waiver claim for Giles on Wednesday, and the Padres and Sox have until today to strike a trade. However, Giles has the power to block a deal to the Red Sox as part of a limited no-trade clause in his contract, and, according to Olney, indications are that Giles will indeed block a trade to Boston.

While a deal is looking unlikely, might this still work out well for the Red Sox? In this morning's Boston Globe, Benjamin reported that "there are indications that part of the reason the Sox put in the claim was to block Giles from heading to one of the two teams with better records in the American League, the Rays or Angels, though the Rays would be the more likely candidate."

The 37-year-old Giles is hitting .295 with 6 homers and 37 RBIs in 103 games this season. In addition to the $9 million he is being paid this season, he gets $2 million if he's traded. His contract has a club option for 2009, which pays him $9 million, or $11 million if he is dealt. There is also a $3 million buyout on the option.
 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM         #738
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wake To The DL, Zink To Start Tuesday

An injury to the back of Tim Wakefield's right shoulder (the same injury that kept him off the World Series roster last year) will land him on the disabled list for the first time this season, though the Red Sox are hopeful he will miss just two starts.

Still, Wake's shoes are big ones to fill, especially considering he has a 2.66 ERA in his last 13 starts. So that brings us to the question the Red Sox have yet to answer (Tuesday's starting pitcher is still listed as TBA): Who should take the knuckleballer's spot in the rotation? This becomes an even more critical question should Wakefield be out for longer than anticipated.

We've just been informed that knuckleballer Charlie Zink will start tomorrow night against the Rangers in place of the injured Tim Wakefield. The 28-year-old Zink is 13-4 with a 2.89 ERA in 25 games with Pawtucket this season.
 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM         #739
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mike Lowell likely to go on DL

Mike Lowell could land on the disabled list as early as today after being knocked out of last night’s 19-17 win over the Texas Rangers at Fenway Park with a strained right oblique.

Lowell suffered the injury on a pair of swings in a seventh-inning at-bat and was removed from the game after striking out. He was moving gingerly after the game and was due to undergo an MRI this morning. Oblique injuries are generally slow to heal, and the fact that Lowell also has been slowed by a sore right hip probably clinches a two-week layoff on the DL.

“It’s frustrating because I’ve never had this happen before,” Lowell said. “I’d like to avoid (the DL), but the doc said it’s a possibility. I think right now it’s probably too early. (Today) after the MRI, they’ll have a lot more information.”

If Lowell lands on the disabled list, the Sox may opt to shift Kevin Youkilis [stats] over to third base and have Sean Casey take over at first. Then they probably would call up utility man Joe Thurston from Pawtucket or make a waiver-wire trade for a veteran infielder.

“It’s definitely bad when one of your key players is out, but hopefully we have guys who will step in and play,” said Youkilis, who finished up at third base last night. “If I play third and Sean Casey plays first, that’s still a pretty good team there.”
 9 years ago '05        #740
BoSox84 
space
space
Got to take pictures with the WS trophies Wednesday night Sooooo glad I got to go to that particular game :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy