NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #701
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
We'll be alright. This will give us a chance to keep guys fresh by rotating them through the DH spot (mainly Manny). We have a lot more speed in the lineup than years past, so that should help us manufacture some runs till the big man gets back
 06-05-2008, 02:27 PM         #702
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree.. Crisp, Drew and Ells is one of the fastest outfields I've seen in a long a.ss time. Plus Drew is heating up since Ortiz was hurt. If he could stay hot while Ortiz is out that would be HUGE
 06-08-2008, 11:26 PM         #703
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drew is a BEAST
 06-14-2008, 03:39 PM         #704
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JD Drew is a fu*king BEAST. I told yall n*gga's last year was nothing to worry about (Even though he beasted in the Playoffs)
 10 years ago '06        #705
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
there has never been a shadow of a doubt that JD drew had the talent...
he just doesnt have the passion like most players do..he is not one of those players that dives for the ball or anything...but i must say, he has certainly turn it around..this is big, but hopefully he can stay consistent for the rest of the year or else; we're going to be in big trouble.
btw, anyone know whats wrong with beckett? he doesnt seem like himself lately.
 06-15-2008, 01:55 PM         #706
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JD Drew is not human
 9 years ago '06        #707
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2

national anthem at fenway park...someone sent this sh*t to me its pretty funny
 06-25-2008, 10:30 PM         #708
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ortiz says he's 2-3 weeks away from return

Sox slugger David Ortiz took 25 soft swings in the batting cages at Fenway last night and said today he expects that he is 2-3 weeks away from returning to the lineup.

"Another 2-3 weeks before I start playing," Ortiz told reporters today.

The Sox DH said last night's batting tee session was positive and "not a setback."

"It’s actually positive because when I got hurt, I couldn’t even hold a bat," he said. "Now I’m getting to the point where I can swing slowly, so they know what point I’m at in my progress."

But Ortiz said he was still weeks away from taking full swings with a bat. He anticipates going on a rehab stint before rejoining the big club.

Ortiz also said the pain in his wrist has decreased substantially but he still felt it "a little bit."

"It's not as bad as it was," Ortiz said regarding the pain. "When I got injured, I couldn’t even hold onto my bat. Now I can at least swing slow without much problem."

Ortiz has been on the 15-day disabled list with a torn tendon sheath in his left wrist, an injury he sustained May 31 in Baltimore.

Red Sox manager Terry Francona said everything is going according to plan. "Not real aggressive. That wasn't the purpose." Francona said when asked about the swings of Ortiz today. "There’s got to be a place to start and before we got on the road the guys wanted to see him do it. It will be a little slow at first, which it's supposed to be, but everything is kind of going according to plan."
 9 years ago '06        #709
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
great news. hopefully he doesnt suffer any setbacks, cuz J.D Drew is being a bi*ch now.
 06-26-2008, 12:08 PM         #710
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sox will repeat.
 9 years ago '05        #711
BoSox84 
space
space
 beantown85 said:

national anthem at fenway park...someone sent this sh*t to me its pretty funny
Awesome
 9 years ago '05        #712
Santoro 12 heat pts12 OP
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
My question is what do you do with the lineup when Papi gets back? Because the 5 and 6 hole were just not working for Drew.
 9 years ago '05        #713
BoSox84 
space
space
Hansen needs to go :thumbsdow
 07-10-2008, 03:36 PM         #714
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Manny's call from the Wall

During the sixth-inning pitching change in the Sox-Twins game yesterday afternoon, Manny Ramirez climbed into the Green Monster and could be seen talking on a cell phone as Javier Lopez entered the game in relief of Sox starter Josh Beckett

[pic - click to view]

07-12-2008, 11:06 PM         #715
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ortiz set for July 25 return against Yankees

BOSTON—David Ortiz is expected back in the Boston Red Sox lineup in less than two weeks -- just in time for the opening game of a weekend series at Fenway against the New York Yankees, manager Terry Francona said Saturday.

The slugger has been on the disabled list since May 31 because of a partial tear of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in his left wrist.

"He feels good," Francona said. "He's pretty excited about things."

Ortiz will begin a six-game rehabilitation stint in the minor leagues Thursday, starting with three games in Triple-A Pawtucket, followed by three games in Double-A Portland, Francona said.

Ortiz is tentatively scheduled to return to the team on July 25.

Francona said Ortiz looked good during batting practice Friday with the pitching machine set at high speed, prompting the team to schedule his tentative return date.

"I feel good," Ortiz said. "Actually, it was my first time hitting off the machine. I was acting like I normally do, locating, check swing, swing and a miss. Stuff like that. Everything was fine. That's all I need. Make sure there's no pain when I'm doing that."

"David did well," Francona said. "He did the machine, tried to simulate as much as he could, ball down and away ball up and in. He'll go with us to New York Monday and Tuesday and hit in the cage because he has some obligations as the guy who got the most (All-Star) votes to be there represent the American League and the Red Sox."
 07-13-2008, 04:24 PM         #716
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
back in first :applause:
 9 years ago '06        #717
jj01 
space
space
$44,963 | Props total: 4685 4685
rays let that sh*t go to their heads already, comin back down to reality. hopefully when players get healthy sox can go on a run and put some distance between them and 2nd place. hopefully lugo stops playin like lugo, and the bats catch fire.
 07-13-2008, 09:29 PM         #718
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Back to normal, a Boston team in first place.
 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM         #719
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Manny opens up

In a 6-minute 45-second interview that ran on Ch. 7's Sports Xtra Sunday night, Manny Ramirez talked about his future in baseball, his June scuffles with Kevin Youkilis and Jack McCormick, and even the call from inside the Wall last Wednesday. Some excerpts from Manny's interview with Ch. 7's Larry Ridley follow:

On attending the All-Star game at Yankee Stadium this week:
"I’m blessed. I grew up in New York. My dad, he used to take me to Yankee Stadium when I was 13 and 14, and all my friends are there. I've got some family still in the Bronx. I'm just happy to be back."

On the person he was talking to from inside the Green Monster last Wednesday:
"I wasn't a big deal. I go there all the time to say hi to the guys, they always got some Gatorade for me, and I was talking to [Carlos] Gomez in the other dugout and I saw the phone and I was messing around with him ... It was all good, I'm glad that everybody thought it was funny."

On David Ortiz's impending return:
"Davey, we're excited to [have him] come back. We're gonna have the 1-2 punch again. We're gonna do it again. We're gonna repeat. That's what it's all about."

On the Youkilis, McCormick altercations:
"That's part of life, in every family there's always some problems. We take care of [the] problems, and we move on. So whatever happened here you know, it always gets leaked outside but, it's done and so we're here to win. We're not here to babysit babies. We're here to win games and that's what it is."

On returning to the Red Sox next year:
"This is a business. If I come back, I come back. If not, I move on ... I'm in a great situation, you know why? If they don't pick it [contract option] up, I'm a free agent. I can go play somewhere else for four years and move on. And if not, still gonna be making $20 million for a year so, look the ball's in my court so I ain't worried about it so they want me back, I'll come back. If not, I'll move on."
 07-14-2008, 04:02 PM         #720
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Teixeira in play....at least until Papi shows he's healthy

The Red Sox have talked to the Braves about free-agent-to-be first baseman Mark Teixeira, and more conversations are likely to take place before the July 31 trading deadline, according to well-placed major league sources. ESPN's Peter Gammons was the first to report that the talks had taken place, and it is true that the Braves asked for first baseman Kevin Youkilis and Craig Hansen in return. Would the Sox make that deal? Not at the moment, but the message they left with the Braves was keep us in mind. The Braves, according to those sources, have their doubts that the Sox would move Youkilis, because of his ability to play both first and third and his defensive skills at both positions. And if David Ortiz proves he's healthy on his rehab a.ssignment, the Sox may hold off on any pursuit of Teixeira until after the season, when he's a free agent. The other key factor: The Braves have yet to decide if they're going to trade Teixeira; if they're still within striking distance of first place in the NL East as the deadline nears, they may back off.
Other trade talk here: The Phillies reportedly are trying to make a deal for Toronto's A.J. Burnett, and a whole bunch of teams--Tampa, Philly, Yankees--have interest in Rockies lefty reliever Brian Fuentes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy