Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
139 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #641
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
Youk won the AL Gold Glove for first base :applause:
 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM         #642
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoSox84 said:
Exactly. And again, the likelihood is that they only sign one of them. So I say fu*k A Rod, resign Lowell and make a run at Santana
wouldn't you have to trade for Santana though? When is he a free agent anyway? I know it's not for a minute
 10 years ago '05        #643
BoSox84 
space
space
 shonuff12 said:
wouldn't you have to trade for Santana though? When is he a free agent anyway? I know it's not for a minute
After the '08 season if I remember right. Which is why I say if the Twins are not in the race at the All Star Break, he's gone by the trade deadline. Make a push for him and sign him to the kind of extension that he wants
 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM         #644
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty soon people will find out how much it will cost to get Miggy Cabrera
 10 years ago '05        #645
BoSox84 
space
space
Big Papi wins another Silver Slugger :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #646
BoSox84 
space
space
Pedroyah the Destroyah = AL ROY :applause:
 10 years ago '06        #647
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
AROD is talking to the yankees..
it has been reported that the contract is somewhere around 10 years, 280 mill....
of course its not official yet..
source: Sportsillustrated.com
im surprise Boras had nothing to do with this..
 10 years ago '06        #648
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I heard on WEEI today that the Red Sox are now talking with the twins to trade some youngs for Johan Santana. I'd give them Lester, Coco, & MAYYYBE Clay B. They won't be getting Hunter back, and coco would give them great D. They also get 2 top pitching prospects, one being a power lefthander. Put Ellsbury where he belongs in Center since he's a Johnny Damon prototype(coco eventually needs to go). Might sound like a lot of youth, but how can you argue when you get the best right hander AND left hander in the game at the top of your Pitching Rotation?? Santana would be a much better pick up than an A-rod. Get either Lowell back or sign Cabrera for 3rd. Santana+Cabrera>Just A-rod.

Last edited by Soraci7; 11-15-2007 at 03:06 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #649
BoSox84 
space
space
I wouldn't mind if they let Lester go in the deal, but hopefully they can find a way to hang onto Buchholz.
 10 years ago '06        #650
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
^^^ I agree, but we also wouldn't have gotten KG if we didn't give up Big Al. Feel me?
 10 years ago '05        #651
X2jd2x 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 0 0
 KSoraci7 said:
I heard on WEEI today that the Red Sox are now talking with the twins to trade some youngs for Johan Santana. I'd give them Lester, Coco, & MAYYYBE Clay B. They won't be getting Hunter back, and coco would give them great D. They also get 2 top pitching prospects, one being a power lefthander. Put Ellsbury where he belongs in Center since he's a Johnny Damon prototype(coco eventually needs to go). Might sound like a lot of youth, but how can you argue when you get the best right hander AND left hander in the game at the top of your Pitching Rotation?? Santana would be a much better pick up than an A-rod. Get either Lowell back or sign Cabrera for 3rd. Santana+Cabrera>Just A-rod.
Cabrera is not a free agent, Sox would have to put up a few other young players just to get him also...imo its not even worth it to get Santana AND Cabrera they will both be free agents in 1 year.
 10 years ago '06        #652
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Santana might not be a free agent...
they're working on a contract and if they get it done..then we can still trade for him.
with that being said, they should attempt to get him now and then sign him to a contract..its more safer.
Now, on cabrera..if we get santana, we wont be able to get cabrera..
depending upon which prospect we trade. but i agree santana or cabrera > arod.
 10 years ago '06        #653
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 X2jd2x said:
Cabrera is not a free agent, Sox would have to put up a few other young players just to get him also...imo its not even worth it to get Santana AND Cabrera they will both be free agents in 1 year.
ok.....lowell(3 yrs w/ incentive for 4th)+santana?arod?? when the yanks keep signing bats, it makes boston go
 10 years ago '05        #654
X2jd2x 
space
space
$991 | Props total: 0 0
 KSoraci7 said:
ok.....lowell(3 yrs w/ incentive for 4th)+santana?arod?? when the yanks keep signing bats, it makes boston go
i honestly do not think lowell is gonna be with the sox next year...boston is not signing a-rod...if the sox do not get a-rod or lowell they gonna have to get one from somewhere and the next best is miguel so i think they would try to go after him first
 10 years ago '06        #655
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Nah..either they move Youk (which i highly doubt since hes a GG at 1st) and find a 1st basemen..
Or trade for a third basemen..maybe glaus or miguel tejada...
i rather keep the prospects and go after Santana then sign Miguel Cabrera when he becomes a free agent.
 11-29-2007, 03:56 PM         #656
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hopefully we get Santana.. That would be insane.. I really don't care who we have to give up to get him either.
 10 years ago '06        #657
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Red Sox are the top runner..
there has been a rumor that boston is offering Jed Lowrie, Masterson, Lester and Coco to get Santana. Apparently the Twins are very intrigued by this offer..
Dam, if the red sox can get santana without giving up Buchholz and Jacoby then they got a steal.
 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM         #658
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Papelbon likes idea of Santana trade

Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon likes the idea of trading with the Twins and having Johan Santana on his team next season.

“I like it,” said Papelbon on sports radio WEEI’s Dennis and Callahan show this morning when he was asked about his thoughts on a possible trade that could send center fielder Coco Crisp, lefthander Jon Lester, shortstop prospect Jed Lowrie, and righthanded pitching prospect Justin Masterson to the Twins for Santana, Minnesota’s prized lefthanded ace.

“Here’s how you gotta look at it, it’s simple, you put together a team to try to win a championship every offseason right?” Papelbon said. “OK, if you can do that, and obtain a guy that could help you do that, which you know he can help do that, you do it. Yes, you do have a lot of faith in these young kids, but whoever may be in the equation as a young kid, you don’t know what they’re gonna do at a big-league level. You don’t know if they’re capable of being on a championship club. You know that with Santana.”

While Papelbon seems OK with sending teammates Jon Lester and Coco Crisp packing for Minnesota, he’s hesitant to part with rising star Jacoby Ellsbury.

“No, you keep him,” Papelbon said.

The All-Star closer also said he’d like to get a long-term contract done before the start of spring training.

“Of course I’d like to get a long-term deal done, there’s no doubt about that,” Papelbon said. “It’s the logistics of getting that done is what’s hard. I’m definitely not afraid to take my resume to a court of arbitration, that’s for sure, if I do go to arbitration. That’s just something that probably the closer we get to spring training we’ll start harping on a little bit more.” Papelbon, who is currently under Red Sox control (as he has two years of major league service time under his belt), would be eligible for arbitration after the 2008 season.

“I don’t think that if, for me, the way I think so far, as of right now, if I don’t sign anything right now, then I’ll probably more than likely go to arbitration or something like that,” said Papelbon.

Last March, Papelbon signed a contract that paid him $425,500 in 2007, just $45,500 more than the major league minimum and a fraction of what most of his fellow pitchers in the bullpen made last season.
 10 years ago '04        #659
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
^^ I make that trade is a second and then sign Pap to a long term deal
 12-01-2007, 08:50 AM         #660
s0uThSiDe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Official: Timlin returning

With a deadline of midnight tonight for offering salary arbitration to their free agents, one club official said last night that the Sox had reached terms with reliever Mike Timlin on a deal to bring back the righthander for an 18th season in the big leagues, sixth with the Sox. The Sox are believed to have offered Timlin, who turns 42 March 10, around $3 million, a raise of around $300,000 from his 2007 salary.

Timlin, who began the year with a strained oblique muscle and had shoulder issues, appeared in just 50 games this past season, his fewest since 1995. But he was scored upon in just two of his last 22 regular-season appearances, and struck out Kaz Matsui and Troy Tulowitzki in a key moment in Game 4 of the World Series.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy