The Official 2007 / 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-01-2007, 12:11 PM         #361
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justindlawson said:
in regards to beating us....ya it is.
If you've been a red sox fan for longer than 3 years you should know better than to say this....worse things have happened to the sox in the yanks-sox rivalry..you're asking for trouble
 10 years ago '05        #362
Santoro 12 heat pts12 OP
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
It ain't over yet.
 10 years ago '05        #363
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 shonuff12 said:
Sox made a good move with Gagne, but gave up some good prospects to get him...they need to win now or that was a big waste. Especially gabbard...starting pitching is hard to come by these days

As for the Yankees I am not worried..we'll be in the playoffs, even if the sox take the division
See, the reason I like this trade is, yeah we gave some good prospects, but they were at positions where we have some depth in our farm system. Gabbard was probably gonna be moved out of the rotation when Schill got back anyway, I'm pretty sure Lester is there to stay. And the Sox have some good young arms coming up through the system. David Murphy was at a position where, again, we have some depth. Again, we have a few young outfielders coming up through the system, so we could afford to part with Murphy. And Engel Beltre (I believe that was the third guy's name) is still incredibly young, and not even close to making an impact anywhere on the Red Sox big league squad for years, and at that age, who knows for sure what he could eventually become.
 08-01-2007, 08:47 PM         #364
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pedroia is a beast and Ortiz too
 10 years ago '06        #365
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
exactly ^
like i said, we still have bucholz, masterson, and lester. so gabbard was expendable which doesnt impact the organization one bit.
and murphy was in the case, we still have Moss and Ellsbury.
 08-01-2007, 11:33 PM         #366
shonuff12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
exactly ^
like i said, we still have bucholz, masterson, and lester. so gabbard was expendable which doesnt impact the organization one bit.
and murphy was in the case, we still have Moss and Ellsbury.
^^^ this all depends on what they become in the future...if gabbard ends up an ace and the sox don't win the ring this year...it will look stupid in retrospect..it all depends on what happens down the line...of course it also depends on what happens with the sox other prospects...i know you guys remember the mets big three prospects Bill Pulsipher, Jason Isringhausen, and Paul Wilson they flopped and everyone thought they were the future...same goes for the Yanks and Chamberlain, Hughes, and Kennedy..they could be the building blocks for future rings or a bunch of middling nobodies
 10 years ago '06        #367
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
thats a possibility ^, but im just pointing out that all the other prospect down in our farm syster have a higher ceiling and better numbers which is why i was fine with this trade.
but you're right, you have a point.
 08-02-2007, 05:28 PM         #368
Tecknique 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is no possible way anyone really considers anyone other than Engel Beltre a prospect. Dave Murphy is set to turn 26 and has never hit above average in the minor leagues. Not only that there are two other left handed hitter outfielders major league ready in the Sox minor league system, both highly touted. Gabbard a 26 year old junk baller who has already had two arm/shoulder surgerys. Not only that the kid has yet to pitch a decent game outside of Fenway. Excuse me if you really think these two will become all stars. I really know nothing of Engel Beltre other than he is 17 and was highly scouted before he signed. At 16-17 who really knows what the hell this kid could do?

The sox pulled the trigger on a deal that will likely help their bullpen greatly, only giving up spare parts. Anyone who really considers Murphy or Gabbard potential allstars has seriously wayyyy overvalued their talent.

like i said, we still have bucholz, masterson, and lester
I think Bowden in the same category of talent as Masterson. While younger Bowden has pitched very well for his age. He's already at AA and only 20. Buchholz is in a league of his own tho. Much more of a talent than any other prospect in our system.

Last edited by Tecknique; 08-02-2007 at 05:40 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #369
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
ah yes, forgot all about Bowden aswell ^.
Peter Gammons liked Engel aswell. supposebly he saw him pitch and projects him to be a star with all the tools that he has. but of course, the kid is 16-17 years old, so you never know. that was actually the only real good prospect that we gave up.
 10 years ago '06        #370
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
what the hell..
now all of a sudden we cant beat Seatle?
out of all teams!?!/
 10 years ago '05        #371
BoSox84 
space
space
Snapped our Safeco losing streak last night, looking to take the series today
 10 years ago '06        #372
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
hopefully we do.
 10 years ago '04        #373
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
Boston k!lled the Mariners today.
 10 years ago '06        #374
303champ239 
space
space
$184 | Props total: 0 0
Anyone see that schmendrick moose take Coco out on the ATV. That coulda been some serious sh*t. The pitching coach Farrell was fired up. The moose should have gotten the treatment the sausage got when daryl ward i think clubbed that bi*ch upside the head.
 10 years ago '05        #375
BoSox84 
space
space
 303champ239 said:
Anyone see that schmendrick moose take Coco out on the ATV. That coulda been some serious sh*t. The pitching coach Farrell was fired up. The moose should have gotten the treatment the sausage got when daryl ward i think clubbed that bi*ch upside the head.
That's what I was sayin when I saw that sh*t. If I was in that dugout, I'da ran out there with a bat in my hand
 10 years ago '05        #376
BoSox84 
space
space
 rashad0715 said:
Boston k!lled the Mariners today.
That 8th inning was loooong as fu*k, didn't seem like it was ever gonna end
 10 years ago '04        #377
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,650 | Props total: 13049 13049
thanks, we need that wildcard yall
 10 years ago '06        #378
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
yea ^.
wouldnt mind facing NYY in the playoff.
that sh*t is intense.
 10 years ago '04        #379
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,650 | Props total: 13049 13049
was Delcarmen worth hanging onto?
 10 years ago '06        #380
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
he was before..i dunno about now lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy