Atlanta Braves

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
131 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #541
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 JaeWil said:
and we're still in first after that huge slump...

now we're back in form...its over for your bumb a.ss team

Yeah right try playing a REAL AL team. Braves didn't get to play the Yankees (twice) & The A's

Braves got to play in Boston (best team in the AL), then in Cleveland & Minnesota only to host Detroit & Boston at home.

I don't know if you watched tonight's braves game but the question on ESPN was "Which is the best team in the AL?" -Boston- -Angels- -Tigers- -Indians-

Three teams the Braves faced. 2 of them were in their stadiums too...........

NICE TRY WITH THE HATE THOUGH
 06-26-2007, 07:58 PM         #542
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OMG andrew just homered
 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM         #543
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hopefully braves keep the momentum going into the second half...
ive been really impressed with Escobar, hes to good of player not to be playing somewhere everyday
 10 years ago '04        #544
AnaMayShun 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,430 | Props total: 7 7
One of many trade rumors making the rounds at the All-Star Game had the Braves among a handful of teamsstill interested in Rangers first baseman Mark Teixeira, the former Georgia Tech standout who is eligible for free agency after the season.

Two potential sticking points: The Rangers would probably accept nothing less than top Braves prospect Jarrod Saltalamacchia and another young player, and Teixeira is represented by agent Scott Boras and is expected to ask for a long-term contract worth perhaps $20 million per season.

At the bottom of the article.
 10 years ago '05        #545
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,062 | Props total: 6961 6961
Jeans is that Bess & Grice-Mullen in ya avy?
 10 years ago '04        #546
space
space
Texiara will never be in Atlanta.

1. They won't give up Salty for a rental in him.
2. They already have someone on the team who's agent is Boras (see andruw jones). They dont need another one!
3. Braves will trade for pitching before they trade for a new 1st baseman
 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM         #547
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
Jeans is that Bess & Grice-Mullen in ya avy?
yeah.

and yeah i don't think they would give up Salty. well i hope they wouldn't

Last edited by Jeans&Sneakers; 07-11-2007 at 08:40 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #548
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
We'd be dumb as hell to give Salty up for Mark.
 10 years ago '04        #549
space
space
He's our future. Not only at 1st Base, but also our future homerun hitter.

People are comparing him to Mark Teixiara or maybe MAYBE Derek Lee (if salty can get bigger)
 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM         #550
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
andrew extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a homer...we comin for that number one spot
 10 years ago '04        #551
space
space
Braves will trade Salty soon

I am really pulling for Ian Snell from the Pirates
(He pitched well Friday Night)

Or I am also hoping for Matt Morris or Jason Jennings for smaller players like Yunel Escobar & Another Player....
 10 years ago '04        #552
elawhor 
space
space
$727 | Props total: 49 49
I feel good about the moves made.

Salty wasn't as strong at first as he was catching. And he's got an arm so being at first was a waste of talent. He wasn't going to take over for McCann who is a allstar and really good hitting catcher. McCann is emerging as one of the new faces and leaders of the team with Francouer. I think Yunel could also become apart of this group.

I like Tex. It sures of first. I'm a old Franco fan but this really gives us another bat since Andruw evidently doesn't care about his average anymore. Dotel and the other pitchers sure up our pin and if Jo Jo Reyes can get more consistent at the back of the rotation we look good.

Pedro comes back soon but i doubt if he's Red Sox World Series Pedro.

Lets go Braves...
 10 years ago '05        #553
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Text in the lineup tonight? Im so fu*kin happy Davies bi*ch a.ss is gon... yea and AJ is fu*kin up and that n*gga is gonna expect to get paid big time and i got a feelin that we gon do what we always do... BE CHEAP...

Last edited by booker20; 08-01-2007 at 02:36 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #554
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Braves cut Franco, option Ascanio to clear spots for Mahay, Dotel

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Braves cleared roster spots for newly acquired relievers Octavio Dotel and Ron Mahay by cutting first baseman Julio Franco and demoting right-handed reliever Jose Ascanio on Wednesday.

Franco was the tough decision for manager Bobby Cox. The 48-year-old Franco was signed by the Braves on July 18 after he was designated for a.ssignment by the New York Mets on July 12.
ADVERTISEMENT

Franco hit .250 with seven RBIs in 11 games with Atlanta. If Franco is not signed by another team, he could rejoin the Braves in September.

"It's real hard because the guy is doing great; he gave us a spark," Cox said.

Franco had been a part-time starter since July 18. The Braves acquired Mark Teixeira from Texas on Tuesday to be the full-time first baseman and he was listed as the cleanup hitter in Wednesday night's lineup against Houston.

The Braves cleared a roster spot for Teixeira on Tuesday by sending right-handed reliever Chad Paronto to Triple-A Richmond.

Scott Thorman, who had been sharing time with Franco, would have had to clear waivers before accepting a minor league a.ssignment. Thorman is hitting only .220 but has 10 homers.

Mahay, a left-hander, came to Atlanta with Teixeira in Tuesday's trade.

Dotel, a right-hander, was acquired in a trade that sent starting pitcher Kyle Davies to Kansas City.

Ascanio was optioned to Double-A Mississippi. He was 0-1 with a 1.29 ERA in five games with Atlanta.

10 years ago '05        #555
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 booker20 said:
Text in the lineup tonight? Im so fu*kin happy Davies bi*ch a.ss is gon... yea and AJ is fu*kin up and that n*gga is gonna expect to get paid big time and i got a feelin that we gon do what we always do... BE CHEAP...
I think it sucks to see Davies go..if his bi*ch a.ss would of used his curve alot more he'd still be here and effective.
 08-01-2007, 08:39 PM         #556
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Teixeira first homer( 3 Runs shot) as a brave
good sh*t
 10 years ago '05        #557
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Jeans&Sneakers said:
Teixeira first homer( 3 Runs shot) as a brave
good sh*t
hell yea... lets make the run now...
 10 years ago '05        #558
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1550 1550
Nice way to start with a new team Teixeira!
 10 years ago '04        #559
space
space
 QualityRecords said:
Nice way to start with a new team Teixeira!

What About Dotel & Mahay??

Zero Hits & 2 K's In The 8th & 9th. Our old relievers in that spot, in this type of game would have never performed like that. They would have been like ehhh we are up by enough who cares? DOTEL & MAHAY CARE!
 10 years ago '04        #560
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,465 | Props total: 6048 6048
ATLANTA (AP) -- One game, one curtain call for Mark Teixeira.

Teixeira hit a three-run homer and drove in four runs in his Atlanta debut Wednesday night, leading the Braves to a 12-3 victory over the Houston Astros.

Teixeira, acquired from Texas in Tuesday's seven-player trade, drew a bases-loaded walk in the first inning to drive in a run in his first plate appearance.

After Houston reliever Matt Albers walked Edgar Renteria and Chipper Jones in the sixth inning, Teixeira hit a 2-1 pitch over the wall in left-center for his first homer with the Braves and his 14th overall.

Teixeira was greeted with high-fives from Jones and Renteria and slaps on his helmet in the dugout, but the fans were not satisfied until he bounced back up the dugout steps and lifted his helmet high in response to the cheers.

"I've had a few curtain calls in my career," Teixeira said. "The fans tell you. After the at-bat, if they're still cheering, they're still yelling, you know they want you to do it. It was fun going out there."

Braves manager Bobby Cox said he enjoyed watching the successful debut.

"The home run looked real good -- opposite-field line drive," Cox said. "He looked good at first, too."

Teixeira said he was aware he was being closely watched in his first game with the Braves.

"The win was definitely more important, but it was fun getting out there and getting the nerves out of the way," he said. "I didn't want to come here the first day and have a disappointment."

The Braves scored a combined 38 runs in three straight wins, including 24 in winning two straight over the Astros.

Buddy Carlyle (6-3) gave up five hits and two runs in five innings and left the game when he experienced apparent discomfort while warming up in the sixth. Carlyle, who appeared to wince in pain while swinging and missing a pitch in the bottom of the fifth, is listed as day to day and said he should be able to make his next start.

"It's something I've done in the past hitting," Carlyle said. "It's kind of silly, taking too big a swing at an off-speed pitch. It's going to be fine."

Houston has given up 42 runs in three straight losses. On Sunday, Jason Jennings gave up 11 runs in the first inning of an 18-11 loss to San Diego.

"It's a little embarrassing, for the pitching staff and the catchers," Houston catcher Brad Ausmus said.

For the second straight night, Houston's starting pitcher lasted only four innings. One night after Chris Sampson gave up nine hits and five runs, Wandy Rodriguez (7-10) gave up eight runs and six hits. He walked four batters and threw 55 pitches in Atlanta's seven-run first inning.

Overall, Houston pitchers issued nine walks, including five by Rodriguez.

"I didn't want to hear that number," Astros manager Phil Garner said of the walks.

Rodriguez fell to 1-8 in road games.

"I felt good; I don't know what happened," Rodriguez said

After Yunel Escobar's leadoff double, Rodriguez walked Renteria and Jones to load the bases for Teixeira's first trip to the plate. Fans greeted Teixeira with a standing ovation, but the first baseman didn't swing while taking the walk to drive in the Braves' first run.

Andruw Jones drove in Renteria with a single to left before Francoeur walked, forcing in another run. Matt Diaz hit a two-run double to center and Escobar capped the big inning with a two run single.

Jason Lane singled in the third and scored on Chris Burke's sacrifice fly. Lance Berkman led off the fourth with his 18th homer, and Ty Wigginton drove in Berkman with a sacrifice fly in the sixth.

Renteria hit his 11th homer in the fourth, and Kelly Johnson hit a run-scoring single off Jennings in the seventh.

Left-hander Ron Mahay, also acquired in the trade with Texas, and Octavio Dotel both made their Atlanta debuts by pitching a scoreless inning apiece to close the game.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
142 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
94 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy