Atlanta Braves

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '05        #601
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
that aint why im not posting... Im sobering up from the start of the college football season which makes every other sport irrelevant, even tho we'll still take 2 or 3 from the mets

11 years ago '05        #602
BONZ! 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,404 | Props total: 688 688
RIP braves,....good season though.

11 years ago '05        #603
booker20 
space
space
its all good... as long as the gay a.ss mets are out im feelin fine about this season... full season of Tex next year and another top 15 draft pick

10-02-2007, 06:18 AM         #604
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so will andrew be back in a braves uniform. i have feeling next year hes gonna go off. i hope we try to re-sign him. i say trade Edger for a solid #3 pitcher

11 years ago '05        #605
booker20 
space
space
just saw the news we cut ties... nomore AJ

10-02-2007, 10:31 PM         #606
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:(:(
hope we spend that money wisely on some pitching.

10-03-2007, 02:32 AM         #607
Myles Away 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props to Andruw Jones for a incredible career in the ATL... Both on the the field and at the plate. I know he had an off year, but I bet he bounces back next year.

11 years ago '05        #608
booker20 
space
space
Torii Hunter is out there... Id def go after him...

10-16-2007, 02:03 PM         #609
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf is up with us not re-signing andruw jones

11 years ago '04        #610
AnaMayShun 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,430 | Props total: 7 7
 Mr. 2-85 said
wtf is up with us not re-signing andruw jones
He wants too much money. He needs to drop his agent and ask for less money so they can still upgrade the rest of the team.

Renteria is gone, hopefully the prospects they got pan out.

11-03-2007, 01:20 PM         #611
fluff457 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great pick up with trading renteria I just hope they can turn that money into a solid pitcher

11-08-2007, 04:25 PM         #612
fonzparker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think the Texiera trade is going to come back and bite us

11 years ago '05        #613
booker20 
space
space
 fonzparker said
I think the Texiera trade is going to come back and bite us
nope Tex is a beast... he'll help the line up 2 switch hitters is nice to fall on... now i hear Glavine might be coming back

11 years ago '05        #614
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,710 | Props total: 8049 8049
Braves to open 2008 season in Washington

It hasn't been announced yet, but the Braves and Nationals are scheduled to open the 2008 major league season with a special Sunday night game March 30 at Washington's new Nationals Park.

The nationally televised game will officially open the baseball season and Washington's new waterfront ballpark, and the Braves will return to Atlanta immediately afterward to play what had been their previously scheduled opener March 31 against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Turner Field.

11 years ago '05        #615
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
How ya'll feel about Kotsay coming to Atlanta for Devine?

11 years ago '07        #616
got2bdashoes 
space
space
$721 | Props total: 3 3
What About Atlanta Trading Renteria

11 years ago '05        #617
booker20 
space
space
 Junior G said
How ya'll feel about Kotsay coming to Atlanta for Devine?
I think its a good pick up... pretty much replacing Andruw, Kotsay had a down year last year but he'll benefit from our line up batting around him prolly in the 5 or 6 hole

11 years ago '05        #618
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
 got2bdashoes said
What About Atlanta Trading Renteria
I ain't too upset with it, we didn't really get sh*t....and we'll never see him so the trade didn't really matter I guess :sleepy:

i'm lookin for Diaz/B.Jones in LF this year :applause:

11 years ago '05        #619
booker20 
space
space
 Junior G said
I ain't too upset with it, we didn't really get sh*t....and we'll never see him so the trade didn't really matter I guess :sleepy:

i'm lookin for Diaz/B.Jones in LF this year :applause:
Jones would be a good look... what u think he'll do against Major pitching?

11 years ago '05        #620
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
 booker20 said
Jones would be a good look... what u think he'll do against Major pitching?
iono. hopefully he's been working hard this season so he's aight...I think he might struggle at first...we'll see

01-18-2008, 02:54 AM         #621
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Escobar, Johnson team to form talented young core

[pic - click to view]

ATLANTA -- It took Yunel Escobar just four months to gain great appreciation from his teammates and give the Braves the confidence that he was ready to be their starting shortstop. If he continues to make the tremendous strides that were evident in his rookie season, many will come to understand why he's considered one of the best young players in the Majors.

"I've been very impressed with Escobar," Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira said. "He's a great competitor. He loves playing the game and it shows on the field. Edgar Renteria is a great player and an All-Star. But Escobar is going to do a great job of filling those shoes."

When the Braves traded Renteria to the Tigers in late October, they immediately said that Escobar had given them to confidence to make the deal based on the steady offense and defense that he'd provided after getting his first call to the Majors in early June.

"We're excited about the opportunity to see more of Escobar," Braves general manager Frank Wren said after making the Renteria trade. "I think he's only going to get better."

With Escobar replacing Renteria, this marks the second straight year that the Braves will begin a season with a new starting middle infielder. Kelly Johnson made the successful transition from the outfield to second base last year and will back at that same position this year with an enhanced sense of confidence.

"Last year, I was really scared to see what was going to happen," Johnson said. "This year, it's different because I've had the opportunity to do it before."

Unlike Johnson last year, Escobar's first full Major League season as an everyday player won't force him to get comfortable with a new position. He has played shortstop dating back to his youthful days in his native Cuba and always been able to do so with a flair and unique sense of confidence.

"Escobar is special," Braves hitting coach Terry Pendleton said. "The kid is a player."

Escobar, acquired by the Braves in the second round of the 2005 First-Year Player Draft, immediately proved his value while collecting two hits and the game-winning RBI during his June 2 Major League debut at Wrigley Field. Over the course of the next four months, he'd prove versatile, appearing in more than 20 games at second base, third base and shortstop, and clutch, hitting .333 (20-for-60) with runners in scoring position.

Atlanta Braves
Catchers: Familiar face joins McCann
Corner IF: Dynamic combo on corners
Middle IF: Young talent emerges
Outfielders: Jan. 23
Starters: Jan. 30
Bullpen: Feb. 6
DH/Bench: Feb. 13

By the time his rookie season was complete, Escobar had hit .326 with five homers, a .385 on-base percentage and a .451 slugging percentage. His audition for the starting shortstop position came after Renteria sprained his ankle on Aug. 2 and missed nearly six weeks.

Escobar responded by hitting .352 with a .405 on-base percentage and a .486 slugging percentage in August. While a couple of defensive mental mistakes provided a reminder that he was still young, the 25-year-old shortstop still proved to be a valuable defender, who undoubtedly has better range than Renteria.

In his 53 games as a shortstop, Escobar compiled a .977 fielding percentage, equal to the mark that Renteria posted in 121 games.

Johnson's .978 fielding percentage, which ranked 10th among National League second basemen, was hurt by some late-season errors that he admits might have been a product of fatigue.

Having missed the 2006 season while rehabbing from Tommy John elbow reconstruction surgery, Johnson began learning the second-base position during last year's winter months and compiled countless hours of extra work with Braves first-base coach Glenn Hubbard, who is considered one of the best defensive second basemen to have played in Atlanta.

Johnson began last season as the Braves' leadoff hitter and is a candidate, along with Escobar and Mark Kotsay, to handle that duty again this year. In his 76 games at the leadoff spot last year, he hit .268 with a .372 on-base percentage. Overall, he hit .276 with 16 homers and a .375 on-base percentage.

"I don't care where I hit," Johnson said. "There's opportunities everywhere."

Serving as a backup for both Escobar and Johnson this year will be Omar Infante, who was acquired from the Cubs in December to serve as a utility player. He hit .271 in 66 games with the Tigers last year and should be able to increase his value with many more role-playing opportunities in the NL.

Martin Prado, who finished second in the International League with a .316 batting average last year, will also come to Spring Training with hopes of winning a job as a utility player. He hit .288 in 28 games with Atlanta last year and is capable of playing all of the infield positions, except for shortstop.

01-18-2008, 02:55 AM         #622
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do the these team threads get reloaded each season?

11 years ago '05        #623
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
^^ what you mean?

01-31-2008, 09:59 PM         #624
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
like this one will get deleated and a new one is made

11 years ago '05        #625
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
nah, it will go until the end of time

Home      

most viewed right now
+38online now  34
Image(s) inside Adult Film Great Bella Bellz
103 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+70online now  30
Image(s) inside Angela Simmons
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+26online now  25
Video inside Oscars Host: Jimmy Kimmel in blackface
147 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+275online now  24
Image(s) inside How COULD JAY Z LET THIS HAPPEN To His HOMETOWN ???
225 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+52online now  22
Image(s) inside Tall Sierra Leonean beauty 😍
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+19online now  14
Image(s) inside 9 Indicted On Federal Charges In Grocery Store Robbery Spree In Norfol..
145 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+70online now  7
Is it me or is this nigga Maino always giving advice to imaginary people?
55 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  6
NBA LaBron reaction to Lance's dunk att thou
22 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy