Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #461
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
Ugh I can NOT wait for tonight's game

Great Pitching Match-Up

Last time I was this excited was the METS series
 11 years ago '05        #462
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6956 6956
bravesnation post..........

Braves and Mets Trade?
I have seen on some websites including mlbtraderumors and heard on a few national radio shows that there is a possiblity, not a high one right now that the Braves and Muts would exchange top prospects. The Braves would trade Jarrod Saltalamachia to the Mets in exchange for Muts outfielder Lastings Millidge.

This deal would make since for both team. The Muts need a Catcher of the future while McCann is the Braves. In the Muts case it is easier to replace an outfielder then it is to find a catcher. In the Braves case they don't have anyone locked in left field, if they are satisfield with Thorman at 1B there is no place for Salty and maybe the most important if the Braves lose Andruw Jones in the offseason there is no clear successor. So Salty would be the Muts catcher of the future and Millidge could play left field right now in ATL and could fill the hole if AJ were to leave after the season.

I don't think this deal would happen, I just want to see what people think of the possibility of just trading with the Muts in the first place?
 11 years ago '04        #463
space
space
No reason to trade with them........

Willy Harris is k!lling it out there right now
Did you check that catch he made friday night??

Should have won last night
fu*k Tyler Yates
 11 years ago '05        #464
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
looks like we are gonna lose our first west coast series of the year...wtf kind of lineup is this smmfh please prove me wrong...Davies on the mound isn't helping either.....Randy Wolf with the no-hitter atleast KJ, Rent n Frenchy are playing

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '04        #465
space
space
Come on Junior G

Have a little faith kiddo

Salty finally comes through today, Wilson doesn't scare me as much as he used to, I think he will finally hit......

Even without them the top 5 could serve up a few runs and I don't think Randy Wolf is really that great
 11 years ago '04        #466
space
space
LOOK AT THAT fu*kING sh*t!

JUNIOR G

I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THEN TO GIVE UP RIGHT AWAY!!!
 11 years ago '04        #467
space
space
What is that a 15 game hitting streak now?
 11 years ago '04        #468
space
space
Ut-Oh

Diaz is hitting now??
 11 years ago '05        #469
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
LOOK AT THAT fu*kING sh*t!

JUNIOR G

I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THEN TO GIVE UP RIGHT AWAY!!!
i'm not giving up........i'm just sayin it wasn't looking good to start and it still isn't now in the 5th..........luckily Davies is pitching a gem
 11 years ago '05        #470
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
spoke to soon good ole Kyle is back.........like I said...great lineup card Bobby
 11 years ago '04        #471
space
space
 Junior G said:
spoke to soon good ole Kyle is back.........like I said...great lineup card Bobby
Hey nice inning we've got going here huh!! I was starting to think at the lineup but they proved me wrong

and Davies k!lled it today
 11 years ago '05        #472
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
yeahhhh even Woodward got a hit...........6-4 great comeback i'm glad they proved me wrong
 11 years ago '04        #473
space
space
 Junior G said:
yeahhhh even Woodward got a hit...........6-4 great comeback i'm glad they proved me wrong
sh*t woodward even proved ME wrong
 11 years ago '05        #474
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Padres tonight we get to meet up with a couple of old friends in this 4-game series Marcus & Greg..............
 11 years ago '05        #475
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
finally..........................Lerew pitched great except the couple of HR's

Edgar for 333333333333333333333333
 11 years ago '05        #476
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Interview with Minor League Relief Pitcher Will Startup

I have admired lefty reliever Will Startup's career from afar ever since he was drafted out of the University of Georgia, in part because I myself am a Bulldawg, but also because of the success that Startup displayed since joining the organization. So I guess I shouldn't be amazed that he is even a more impressive young pitcher to meet in person. There was not a more personable player that I talked to this spring than Will Startup. The interview I did with him below was one of the best I got all spring, and I also ran into Will later on in the day when I was watching a minor league scrimmage game, he was sitting in the stands observing on his off-day. Will seems to be a real student of the game who knows that the way to be successful is to constantly learn and adjust. I firmly believe that we will see him in the majors in the not too distant future.

Martin Gandy: You were a reliever through most of college, why a reliever?

Will Startup: Well, I guess it was just the role that needed filling at that time, and actually it kind of suited my mentality better because I just wanted to get in as many games as I could coming straight out of high school being a position player I liked playing in games, and I like not having to think - you get your number called and you've just got to go.

MG: So you're not a thinker, eh? <laughing>

WS: Well, I try to think away from the field and not when I'm on the mound; I try and let instincts take over.

MG: Was the jump to triple-A tough, you seemed to breeze through the rest of the system?

WS: It was. The biggest thing for me was that hitters there had really good strike zone recognition, and they could tell if the pitch was off the plate or if something was spinning below their knees they're going to let it go down and not bother with it. So I had to go back and learn how to start getting hitters out inside the strike zone.

MG: So struggling a bit really helped you out then?

WS: Yes. I mean, it helped me as a total pitcher, but it took me about a month and a half to find a groove.

MG: What do you think of your rise through the system to that point?

WS: I was very fortunate for that to happen to me, and I'm glad they gave me that opportunity. I try not to think why it's happening, because most of the time you're wrong, and they're the only ones that have the total game plan. But I was really happy to get that opportunity, and I feel like it helped me grow as a pitcher and it challenged me to grow up quicker - socially and physically as a pitcher - and I ran into some really good guys who took me under their wing.

MG: Who were those guys?

WS: Jonathan Johnson, who is in big league camp right now. Eric Schmitt, who was in double-A, and he just kind of gave me the social aspect of double-A - not throwing guys under the bus or just what not to say at this time. Jonathan Johnson really sat down and he would talk with me about pitches. We would watch a ballgame and he would ask me, "all right, which pitch would you throw this guy next, can you spot this guy's weaknesses." It rally helped me to start seeing things in a different light.

MG: Have you had a chance to talk with other college relievers like Lee Hyde or Gunderson?

WS: Yes, I surround myself with those guys. If we're not talking about a grip we're talking about how we face the hitters. You know, it doesn't matter if those guys are below me, in age-wise, it doesn't matter, because everybody brings something to the table, they're here for a reason - Lee Hyde, Kevin Gunderson. I watch the guys in the bigs - I try to sit with Steve Colyer and Macay McBride when I get a chance - anything to get that lefty mindset, to see if I can pick up anything.

MG: Any competition between you and Lee, with him going to Georgia Tech and you Georgia?

WS: Not at all, man. At the time when we were in college it was fierce, but when you come here you've got to put that behind you. You can't see it as competition, because honestly I understand lefty relievers are kind of all gunning for the same spot, but if you are good enough to make it to the big leagues you'll be there one day. I have realized to enjoy the minor league process and try to develop as much as I can if I do get the call up.

MG: Did you play any winter ball this year?

WS: I did not, but I played the Arizona Fall League. I struggled; it was tough out there - good hitters; didn't have my best stuff. The last four out of five outings I found a way to just once again catch a groove, but that only came through asking questions of my pitching coach and trying to learn.

MG: So you really grew up a little more out there?

WS: Ooh, yeah!

MG: Trial by fire, eh?

WS: Definitely.

MG: What kind of pitcher are you, overall, if you could describe yourself?

WS: Aggressive, I pitch with a lot of heart. I'm not ultra talented, and I'm not the most talented guy in the system, but I'm going to bring my best to the table, and if I don't have it you're gonna get my heart and I'm gonna try and make you hit my pitch.

MG: Do you pattern yourself after any particular pitcher?

WS: You know with my leg kick, I was really goofing around one day just trying to imitate Dontrelle Willis, but it just kind of evolved into what it is. I'm not trying to break the mold or be unique or anything like that, I know there are a lot of guys out there who pitch with the fire down inside, and I just try to take that mindset.

MG: What level do you see yourself starting at this year?

WS: I wouldn't be surprised if I was in double-A - it wouldn't shock me - but I would feel like triple-A would be where I'm going to start. It just depends on the trickle down effect from the big league side.

MG: Are you working on anything in particular this spring?

WS: Just trying to feel comfortable with a two-seam, just making sure all my breaking pitches are down in the zone, because you can't live up in the zone as a pitcher, especially with 88 to 92. I'm just working on making sure I'm fully prepared before I take off for the season.

MG: How are you handling the longer pro seasons?

WS: You know, last year it didn't seem to bother me. I felt great. Actually, in college I had thrown more innings before that I actually did in the full season last year. I just loved getting to see the whole thing for the first time, and didn't feel like it bothered me.

MG: Of the places you've played the last couple of years, what's been your favorite?

WS: You know, Pawtucket was awesome, even though I gave up a three-run bomb - fans were awesome, town's great. Louisville, Indianapolis, and Toledo - all great places. Mississippi's a good place to play.

MG: Mississippi wasn't too hot?

WS: You know, weather is always going to be a factor somewhere. So I look at it more as everybody's got to play in the same weather. But Mississippi's a beautiful stadium, I think it's state of the art, first class, well done, and other than that the other stadiums I mentioned, they brought good crowds in and in big cities.

MG: Well, thanks a lot Will.

WS: Hey, no problem.
 11 years ago '04        #477
space
space
Lerew threw great tonight
 11 years ago '05        #478
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Interview with Minor League First Baseman Kala Ka'aihue

I caught up with our slugging minor league first baseman Kala Ka'aihue during the middle of spring training. Kala is a rather soft spoken kid who seems to command a lot of respect from everyone around him. I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I enjoyed talking with him.

Martin Gandy: How was winter ball for you playing in your native Hawaii?

Kala Ka'aihue: It was good, it was nice. I didn't play much, but it was nice to play in front of the family. I got injured a little bit, the elbow, it was just kind of acting up on me.

MG: Is that a recurring injury?

KK: Yeah, I had Tommy John in 04, so it was just kind of scar tissue.

MG: That was out of college, right?

KK: Out of high school.

MG: Because you were undrafted and signed as a free agent, how did all that work out?

KK: It went well, I got lucky to be with the Braves. It was kind of a messy process, but I was basically a free agent when I signed with the Braves. It was between them and a few other teams, and Lonnie Goldberg, a scout with the Braves got me to believe in it.

MG: Do you feel like you've got something else to prove because you didn't get drafted?

KK: No, we're all professionals, whether you're a first rounder or didn't get any money, it doesn't matter, we're all here on the same team.

MG: What do you think of the comparisons of you to Andres Galarragga?

KK: <laughing> Ah, no where near his class, but it's nice I guess to be put with somebody and be similar to somebody who was an awesome player.

MG: What's your approach to hitting?

KK: I'm not telling anybody!

MG: You seem to be great at getting walks as well as power?

KK: I'm not saying I know something other people don't, it's just "keep it simple."

MG: Do you pattern yourself after anyone in particular?

KK: No, not really. I watch Barry Bonds and Albert Pujols all the time, good hitters who hit the ball right.

MG: Where do you see yourself starting off this year, what level?

KK: I really don't know. Either Myrtle Beach or Mississippi, it's up to the Braves. They've done a good job of making sure everybody gets pushed up the system in due time - I let them do their job and just do mine as best I can.

MG: Have you had a chance to go play in any of the major league spring games?

KK: I did last year; I got one game, one AB, so that was good.

MG: What's your favorite place to play in the minor leagues?

KK: I think Rome and Myrtle. I like our home fields. Everyone's good in both places.

MG: Do you have any goals for yourself this year?

KK: Nah, just do better than last year.

MG: Thanks a lot, I appreciate you taking the time.

KK: All right, thanks.
 11 years ago '05        #479
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space

[pic - click to view]

05-09-2007, 10:17 PM         #480
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
propz on that interview with Kala, one of the top players to come out here in awhile
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now