Atlanta Braves

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #21
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,975 | Props total: 163 163
^

This is the 1st time I been in a couple years.

I hate the drive.
I used to date a diehard Braves fan and would make her a.ss drive the 4hr trip back and forth in her piece of sh*t. lol
 11 years ago '05        #22
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
@Mike Hampton. How that guy made the money he did as a pitcher is beyond me. Shows what one good 20 win season will do for you
 11 years ago '06        #23
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1035 1035
 bassy said:
^

This is the 1st time I been in a couple years.

I hate the drive.
I used to date a diehard Braves fan and would make her a.ss drive the 4hr trip back and forth in her piece of sh*t. lol
Once with family back in 93 or 94 and once in like 04 or 05 with my friends family! I aint driving through Atlanta!! fu*k that! lmao
 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM         #24
Bigdawg76 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mike Hampton is a Big Bust. His A$$ stay Hurt
 11 years ago '06        #25
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
Hampton is worthless...hopefully Hudson will have a decent year
 11 years ago '04        #26
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,885 | Props total: 1998 1998
 Phreaky41 said:
as a fan, i just wish that u all shut up and state the obvious. it doesnt matter wut we do in the regular season. it all about the post season, which isn't worth discussing bcuz every fu*king year we make it and lose. this sh*t will make some1 lose it. i just want another world series. fu*k all the division titles and best records.

:banghead:

you my friend ARE NOT A REAL FAN
 03-22-2007, 04:06 AM         #27
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wish i lived on the mainland then i would find some way to get to a braves game
 04-02-2007, 04:05 AM         #28
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
go braves!
and did Kelly Johnson get the nod at 2nd??
 11 years ago '04        #29
space
space
Yes He Did

Today's Starting Lineup

1. 2B Kelly Johnson
2. SS Edgar Renteria
3. 3B Chipper Jones
4. CF Andruw Jones
5. C Brian McCann
6. RF Jeff Francoeur
7. 1B Scott Thorman
8. LF Ryan Langerhans
9. P John Smoltz

I personally think Langerhans needs to be pulled at LF. Matt Diaz I think is a better, Fielder & Hitter. He seems to have more speed
 04-02-2007, 03:23 PM         #30
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Edgar Renteria showed he's a better hitter than bunter.

After twice failing to execute a sacrifice, Renteria ripped his second homer -- a two-run shot -- in the 10th inning to lead the Atlanta Braves over the Philadelphia Phillies 5-3 in the season opener Monday.

Renteria's solo shot off starter Brett Myers with two outs in the eighth inning tied it at 3.

John Smoltz went six innings, Bob Wickman (1-0) pitched out of a jam in the ninth and Chad Paronto tossed a scoreless 10th for the save.

Kelly Johnson walked to start the 10th against Ryan Madson (0-1). Renteria fouled off two bunt attempts before hitting a liner into the right-center field seats.

ADVERTISEMENT
Jimmy Rollins homered and Myers pitched 7 2-3 strong innings for the Phillies.

Brian McCann had a two-run homer for the Braves.

Myers retired seven straight batters before Renteria ripped an 0-2 pitch off the brick wall beyond the center-field fence to tie it at 3.

Leading 2-1, Smoltz ran into trouble in the sixth after retiring Philadelphia's two most dangerous hitters -- Ryan Howard and Chase Utley. Pat Burrell blooped a single and Wes Helms followed with a double just out of Gold Glove center fielder Andruw Jones' reach to tie it at 2.

Aaron Rowand then hit a pop-up to shallow center that bounced off second baseman Johnson's glove, scoring Helms for a 3-2 lead. Johnson, a converted outfielder, appeared to lose the ball in the sun and it was ruled a single.

The Phillies missed a chance to add an important insurance run in the seventh after Rollins doubled to put runners on second and third with no outs against former Pirates closer Mike Gonzalez. But Gonzalez fanned Shane Victorino and Howard, and retired Utley on a grounder to shortstop to keep it at 3-2.

Utley prevented the go-ahead run from scoring in the ninth by making a diving stop on Ryan Langerhans' infield single up the middle. Tom Gordon then struck out pinch-hitter Brayan Pena to leave the bases loaded.

Atlanta Braves' Brian McCann hits a two-run homer against the Philadelphia Phillies in the fourth inning of an opening day baseball game in Philadelphia on Monday, April 2, 2007.
AP - Apr 2, 2:48 pm EDT
More Photos
A sellout crowd of 44,742 turned out for the fourth season opener at Citizens Bank Park. They were rowdy right from the start, booing Burrell in pregame introductions and giving Howard, the reigning NL MVP, a standing ovation.

A few minutes later, some fans wiped tears during a touching tribute for longtime coach and former player John Vukovich, former All-Star outfielder Johnny Callison, former pitcher Cory Lidle, former pitching coach Vern Ruhle and longtime organist Paul Richardson. Each died in the offseason.

McCann gave the Braves a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning with a line-drive homer into the right-field seats.

Rollins cut it to 2-1 with a solo shot in the fifth.

Smoltz allowed three runs and eight hits, striking out seven in six innings in the best of his four opening-day starts. Smoltz came in with a 7.71 ERA as a starter in season openers.

Myers gave up three runs and four hits in his first opening day a.ssignment. He struck out nine and walked two.

In a surprise lineup switch, manager Charlie Manuel flip-flopped Utley and Howard in the 3-4 spots. For months, Manuel said he preferred to leave Utley in the No. 3 hole and Howard in the cleanup spot with Burrell batting fifth.

The issue of who should protect Howard in the lineup was a major topic in the offseason, especially after the Phillies failed to land free-agent slugger Alfonso Soriano. Howard was intentionally walked in the ninth, but Wickman got Utley to foul out to third base to leave the winning run at second base.

Notes

The Phillies are 56-67-2 in season openers. The Braves are 18-24 in openers since moving to Atlanta, including 9-14 on the road. ... "VUK" was painted inside the third-base coaching box to honor Vukovich, who passed away last month. Vukovich's son, Vince, threw out the first pitch.
 11 years ago '05        #31
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,104 | Props total: 1538 1538
I have a good feeling about this team. Last year I was very disappointed with them. Are the games still on TBS? I heard the team was sold and that they might not be on TBS anymore?
 11 years ago '04        #32
space
space
 QualityRecords said:
I have a good feeling about this team. Last year I was very disappointed with them. Are the games still on TBS? I heard the team was sold and that they might not be on TBS anymore?
Last season on TBS.......

Did anyone else see how our bullpen did on Monday?

4 IP
2 Hits
4 K's
1 W
1 SV

Last year we would have lost that game because our bullpen couldn't have handled that game. This year has me feeling good. Gonzalez got out of that little situation he had too
 11 years ago '04        #33
space
space
Dammmmnnnn at our bullpen

Another fine day of pitching by them
And Hudson!
1 ER with 2 H in 7IP!
 11 years ago '06        #34
Eckogreen 2 heat pts
space
space
$415 | Props total: 126 126
we took down phili we need to beet them thur - fri then the mets gets there butts kicked.
 11 years ago '04        #35
space
space
Shouldn't struggle against the Mets

We are home and get their 4th, 5th and 1st in the starting rotation
 11 years ago '04        #36
space
space
21 out of our 26 April games are all NL East games

We need to play good in April to make a big impact later in the season
 11 years ago '05        #37
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
I don't really follow the Braves like I used to because MLB got boring to me but glad to see em start off right 2-0.......Amazing comeback yesterday can't believe they came back like that.
 11 years ago '06        #38
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
not a braves fan but Mccann is >>>> ______

this guy is a machine

and hopin chuck james can pull thru today, got a little money on the braves. james was almost dominant last year.
 11 years ago '04        #39
space
space
Kelly Johnson needs to get a hit here today
 11 years ago '04        #40
space
space
Looks like Johnson got it with a HR
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy