Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
8976 pageviews
327 comments

Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
The Official College Football Recruiting Thread

We have less than two weeks away from National Signing Day. Anybody keeping up with your school Recruiting?? Who's on your wish list this year

Noel Devine is visiting Bama this weekend, I hope Saban can pull a Rabbit out his hat and get this kid to come here...

Joe McKnight is another 5 Star RB, I'm keeping my eye on, Its Down to LSU,and BAMA. USC is another choice, but with all that sh*t going on with Reggie Bush, I'll doubt if he goes there.....

327 comments for "The Official College Football Recruiting Thread"

11 years ago '04        #2
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,330 | Props total: 11370 11370
At this point whoever the Gators get is going to be an incredible player, nothing but 5 stars left really and 2 just committed in the last 3 days one of which was committed to ND. Meyer runs this recruiting sh*t.
 11 years ago '06        #3
Against D Grain  OP
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
I know you from Lakeland What are your feelings about John Brown??? You think he's gonna be a Gator next year??? He visited Bama two weeks ago, I think we might have a chance to pull him away from Florida..
 11 years ago '04        #4
1000bluntz 
space
space
He would be huge for y'all but it won't happen. Rumblings are that he's going to announce for the Gators on Monday or something but definitely the Gators. He won't qualify though but he's going to stay at Lakeland until December and then come to UF. They just recently found that he had a certain learning disability or some sh*t. He seems like a pretty bright kid in interviews though. He wouldn't be too bright to pick Alabama though but he's a Gator, book it. He's one of my favorite recruits this year, he's fu*king awesome and totally clogs up the middle, double teams can not fu*k with this n*gga. He's the reason they won the state title this year on that goal line stand in double OT.
 11 years ago '05        #5
randumb0 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 1 1
I think Brown will be a Gator. Doesn't Devine have grade issues?
 11 years ago '04        #6
1000bluntz 
space
space
Devine does have grade issues and is most likely headed to prep school I heard. If we got him I'd go crazy. I'm happy enough with Rainey though and this other n*gga Joe Haden could be better than both of them and he's a QB going to play Rainey's position.
 01-26-2007, 06:19 AM         #7
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just take a look at the rankings..Spurrier is running sh*t.

Chris Culliver > *
 11 years ago '06        #8
dperkins64 
space
space
$279 | Props total: 0 0
the bois in blue already got a replacement for henne on deck and now i need db's to start commiting we got 2 4 stars but will it be enuf
 01-26-2007, 07:32 AM         #9
twherry19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if the horns can get terrace toliver, i will be fine. but i think we the top back from LA coming in soon. they say he is a romonce taylor type.
 01-26-2007, 07:39 AM         #10
twherry19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Recent News Show All | Recruiting News | Stats | Other

<< Prev 7 Days
PLAYER NEWS
Jan. 26
Israel Troupe, WR
Tifton, GA
Tift County High School

Scouts Grade: 83
ESPN150 Rank: 27
Position Rank: 6 Israel Troupe; between the hedges or center field?
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Troupe has been told that some team will pick him in the early rounds of the amateur baseball draft. Big League schools are already attending practices."
The ESPN 150 prospect has not made up his mind yet, "It depends on what I want and what the best situation is going to be for me. I don't know what I'm going to do."

Baseball was the Georgia commit's first sport because his mother forbid him from playing football as a young boy. His career began in ninth grade without his mother's knowledge.

Troupe Update Archive
Jan. 26
Allen Bailey, DE
Darien, GA
McIntosh County Academy

Scouts Grade: 84
ESPN150 Rank: 20
Position Rank: 3 ESPN 150 prospect Allen Bailey sets finalists
Bailey's mother Mary stated that Alabama, Florida, and Miami-FL are now the only schools her son is considering, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

In-state Georgia was thought to be in the running for his services but according to Mary, "He said he just didn't feel like he fit. I don't know if it was personality-wise or what, but he just didn't fit there."

There is some speculation that Bailey wishes to play outside linebacker in college which could be influencing his decisions.

Bailey Update Archive
Jan. 26
Justin Trattou, DE
Ramsey, NJ
Don Bosco High School

Scouts Grade: 79
ESPN150 Rank: 141
Position Rank: 19 Meyer hooks another, Trattou drops Irish for the champs
Justin Trattou has switched his verbal commitment from Notre Dame to Florida, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
He said, "I just feel I fit better in Florida's system. To see what those defensive ends can do and how they play at Florida is more of my style of play."

Trattou Update Archive
Jan. 25
Enrique Davis, RB
Lynn Haven, FL
A. Crawford Mosley High School

Scouts Grade: 76
Position Rank: 68 FSU can't sway Auburn commit Enrique Davis
Davis visited Tallahassee last weekend but told the coaching staff that he's attending Auburn. He said, "Best of luck to Florida State in everything they do. It's nothing against them at all. It's just not the school I want to go to," the Press Register reports.

Davis Update Archive
Jan. 25
Josh Bynes, ILB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Boyd Anderson High School

Scouts Grade: 75
Position Rank: 25 Josh Bynes likely to announce decision Tuesday
Bynes is expected to hold a news conference Tuesday, February 2nd to choose between Auburn, South Carolina, Louisville, and Iowa, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Auburn and South Carolina are said to be his top-two at this point.
After visiting the Gamecocks last weekend, Bynes stated, "I loved the players. They really stood out. They seem real honest and told me that it's hard work. They have a great chemistry and I like that so many of them are from out-of-state."

Bynes Update Archive
Jan. 25
Michael McNeil, S
Mobile, AL
Davidson High School

Scouts Grade: 86
ESPN150 Rank: 8
Position Rank: 1 McNeil now says three, possibly four schools still in the mix
The ESPN 150 prospect told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Auburn, Florida State, and Tennessee are the three programs he's still considering signing with. However, McNeil added that he'll listen to a final pitch from Alabama and Nick Saban.
The Journal-Constitution adds that the Davidson product will announce his decision on Tuesday.

McNeil Update Archive
Jan. 25
Shane Popham, K
Park Hills, KY
Covington Catholic High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Wake Forest has commitment from kicker
Shane Popham of Covington (Ky.) Catholic will walk-on with the Demon Deacons in the fall and expects to be redshirted before earning a scholarship the following season, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
The kicker who set a state record with 18 field goals as a senior said, "The coaches told me as long as I progressed and showed my ability, a scholarship should open up for me."

Popham Update Archive
Jan. 25
Woodny Turenne, CB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
College of Sequoias Louisville grabs top JUCO recruit
Woodny Turenne will commit to play football for the Cardinals Thursday, and according to the Courier-Journal, "is one of the biggest recruits in the programs' history."
College of the Sequoias offensive coordinator Andy Siegal said Turenne's comfort with Louisville defensive coordinator Mike Cassidy was the biggest factor in his decision.
Siegal added, "He's a great player and a great kid with world-class speed."

Turenne Update Archive
Jan. 25
LaMarcus Williams, DT
Bastrop, LA
Bastrop High School

Scouts Grade: 72
Position Rank: 64 Williams switches from Alabama to Ole Miss
LaMarcus Williams dropped the Tide for Mississippi after a weekend trip to Oxford, the Press-Register reports. However, insiders claim that while Nick Saban is honoring all scholarship offers made by the previous coaching staff, he may have "nudged" Williams in the other direction.

Williams commented on his decision saying that Ole Miss "is a great fit for me and I can play right away. Alabama is a great school and it will be hard to not play there for coach Saban, but I felt Mississippi was just a better situation."

Williams Update Archive
Jan. 25
William Wright, ATH
Pauls Valley, OK
Pauls Valley High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Arizona gains versatile athlete prospect Wright
William "Bug" Wright committed to the Wildcats over Tulsa after making a trip to Tucson, the Arizona Daily Star reports. "I liked the whole community and the campus, and the people there were really nice. Arizona's a great fit for me."

Wright did it all during his senior year, completing 41 of 75 passes for 671 yards and six touchdowns, rushing 156 times for 706 yards and 10 touchdowns, and catching three passes for 87 yards. His high school coach Mike Terry said, "We might not have won a game (Pauls had four victories in 2006) without him."

The 5'10", 170-pound "Bug" played eight-man football in Fox (Okla.) for his first three years of high school before moving to Pauls Valley.

Wright Update Archive
Jan. 25
Derrick Morgan, DE
Coatesville, PA
Coatesville High School

ESPN150 Rank: 117
Position Rank: 15 Two Yellow Jackets get head start
ESPN 150 prospect Morgan and fellow commit, quarterback Steven Threet graduated from high school early and have enrolled at Georgia Tech, writes the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morgan said, "I'm just trying to get a head start on everything, get my body in good shape before summer with spring ball under my belt. I'll be in a better position to get on the field earlier."

Morgan Update Archive
Jan. 25
Cedric Everson, WR
Detroit, MI
Mumford High School

Position Rank: 27 Georgia Tech withdraws offer from Everson
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Yellow Jackets have stripped their scholarship offer from highly touted prospect Cedric Everson after he took a visit to Iowa.

The Journal-Constitution adds that Georgia Tech may now pursue defensive end Jason Peters (2006 Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year) or safety Malachi Lewis.

Everson Update Archive
Jan. 25
Robert Elliott, RB
Okolona, MS
Okolona High School

Scouts Grade: 77
Position Rank: 43 Seminoles pursuing Mississippi commit Robert Elliott
Florida State is "making a run at" Elliot, according to the Tallahassee Democrat. The Okolona product is verbally committed to Mississippi but FSU head coach Bobby Bowden is expected to pay him a visit next week.

Elliott Update Archive
Jan. 25
Willie Williams, OLB
Miami, FL
West Los Angeles College Former Miami-FL linebacker Willie Williams resurfaces
According to the Miami Herald, Williams has been working out with a personal trainer in Miami Beach and has informed people that he intends to sign with Louisville. Williams played this year at West Los Angeles Community College in Culver City, CA.

He originally attended Miami-FL in 2004 and was redshirted after suffering a knee injury in August. Williams saw action in 10 games in 2005 as a backup outside linebacker and on special teams recording 28 total tackles, four tackle for loss, and one blocked kick. He then asked for his release from the program prior to 2006 season.

Williams Update Archive
 01-26-2007, 07:40 AM         #11
twherry19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jan. 24
Devon Still, OT
Wilmington, DE
Howard High School Of Technology

ESPN150 Rank: 138
Position Rank: 11 Devon Still picks Penn State
The ESPN 150 prospect announced Wednesday that he'll attend Penn State on a football scholarship, the News Journal reports. Still said he expects to play defensive end for the Nittany Lions but could also line up at defensive tackle or a variety of spots along the offensive line.
He narrowed his choices down to Penn State and Ohio State in the fall.

Still Update Archive
Jan. 24
Robert Hughes, RB
Chicago, IL
Hubbard High School

ESPN150 Rank: 140
Position Rank: 17 Zook can't reel in another big one, Hughes picks the Irish
ESPN 150 running back Robert Hughes informed the News-Gazette Tuesday before his 6 p.m. press conference that he had chosen Notre Dame over Illinois.
The 220-pound power back took official visits to both of his top-two schools and considered other programs such as Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Miami-FL.

Hughes listed three main reasons for his decision during the press conference, stating that Notre Dame was, "where I can showcase my athletic skills early and on a national level, where I want to earn my degree from, and where I feel most comfortable," according to the Chicago Tribune.

He also expressed his feelings about Illinois, "Deep down in my heart, I love coach (Ron) Zook because he's the type of guy you can talk to. When I had to break to news to him, it hurt a little bit."

Hughes Update Archive
Jan. 24
Noel Devine, RB
North Fort Myers, FL
North Fort Myers High School

Scouts Grade: 87
ESPN150 Rank: 5
Position Rank: 3 Noel Devine still getting attention
Devine's shaky academic situation isn't preventing some of the nation's top coaches from paying the North Fort Myers standout a visit. Bobby Bowden of Florida State, Nick Saban of Alabama, and West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez are all expected to spend some time with the ESPN 150 running back this week, according to the Tallahassee Democrat.
Devine will attend postgraduate Milford Academy (N.Y.) if he doesn't academically qualify.

Devine Update Archive
Jan. 24
Markish Jones, WR
Spartanburg, SC
Gettis D. Broome High School

Scouts Grade: 78
Position Rank: 36 Markish Jones reconsidering?
Jones, who's verbally committed to Clemson, said, "Florida State is a great place. Right now is the best time to go to Florida State as a speedy receiver to start right away. The new coaching staff is probably the best in the country with all the experience they have. (Receivers) Coach (Lawrence) Dawsey is a cool guy," the Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports.
He visited Tallahassee last weekend and will travel to Tennessee next.

Jones Update Archive
Jan. 24
David Disman, OC
Mesquite, TX
Horn High School

Scouts Grade: 69
Position Rank: 25 Utah State grabs a center
David Disman has informed WFAA.com that he's committed to play football for the Utah State Aggies.

Disman Update Archive
Jan. 24
James Kirkendoll, WR
Round Rock, TX
Round Rock High School

Position Rank: 47 James Kirkendoll switches commitment to Longhorns
Kirkendoll has dropped his verbal commitment to Oklahoma for in-state Texas, according to WFAA.com.

Kirkendoll Update Archive
Jan. 24
Curnelius Arnick, ILB
Dallas, TX
Carter High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Tulsa gains linebacker commit
Carter product Curnelius Arnick told WFAA.com that's he's given Tulsa a verbal commitment.

Arnick Update Archive
Jan. 24
Jared Crank, FB
Carrollton, TX
American Heritage Academy

Scouts Grade: 40 Purdue plucks another prospect from state of Texas
240-pound fullback Jared Crank is set to play for the Purdue Boilermakers, according to WFAA.com

Crank Update Archive
Jan. 24
Shawnbrey McNeal, RB
Dallas, TX
Madison High School

Position Rank: 33 Hurricanes swarming; McNeal drops Texas A&M for Miami-FL
Shawnbrey McNeal told WFAA.com that he "could not pass up the chance to play for Miami" and that doing so would be "fulfilling a lifelong dream." McNeal added, "Miami is just the right place for me."
He will visit Coral Gables on February 2nd.

McNeal Update Archive
Jan. 24
Chris Strong, ILB
Batesville, MS
South Panola High School

Scouts Grade: 80
ESPN150 Rank: 82
Position Rank: 3 Strong transfers to new high school, trying to get eligible
The ESPN 150 prospect and Mississippi's 2006 Mr. Football has left South Panola for Genesis One Christian School in Mendenhall to gain NCAA freshman initial-eligibility. Strong told the Clarion Ledger, "I'm just trying to get my grades up. I've got to do what I've got to do to get eligible for college."

Ricky Woods, Strong's former coach at South Panola said, "Chris has to take the ACT. He's going to be close. He's got all his core (classes). He may have to do an online course this summer, but he's set up where he can get in if he gets his ACT score."

Genesis One's academic reputation was questioned by the NCAA last spring but the non-traditional school has since been cleared, and its transcripts are accepted for eligibility.

Strong Update Archive
Jan. 24
Korey Reynolds, DE
Birmingham, AL
Hoover High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Hoover High product Reynolds headed to Hawaii
Korey Reynolds has committed to play football at Hawaii this fall. He told the Honolulu Advertiser, "I love the program, and I'm excited to become a Warrior."
The defensive line prospect has already earned a qualifying ACT score and currently holds a 3.1 grade-point average.

Reynolds Update Archive
Jan. 24
Demarcus VanDyke, CB
Miami, FL
Pace High School

Position Rank: 20 Hurricanes not stopping with Marve; VanDyke, Nicolas next?
The Miami Herald reports that "UM staffers" believe they'll lure two more prospects away from current oral commitments.
The 'Canes think Gators verbal DeMarcus VanDyke, who was a Miami-FL commit before the firing of Larry Coker, will return, and that Joseph Nicolas of Homestead Senior High could drop the Rutgers Scarlet Knights for the Hurricanes.

Marve still maintains a "soft" verbal commitment to Alabama but several sources believe he's bound for Coral Gables.

VanDyke Update Archive
Jan. 24
Antwain Easterling, RB
Miami, FL
Miami Northwestern High School

ESPN150 Rank: 23
Position Rank: 5 Southern Miss in the Mix for Easterling
Antwain Easterling's high school coach Roland Smith told the Miami Herald that the ESPN 150 running back is now considering Southern Mississippi in addition to Rutgers and North Carolina.

Easterling Update Archive
Jan. 24
Major Wright, S
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Saint Thomas Aquinas School

ESPN150 Rank: 90
Position Rank: 8 Buckeyes out in front on Major Wright?
The Columbus Dispatch writes, "They (Ohio State) are thought to be leading for blue-chip defensive back Major Wright."
The ESPN 150 prospect is still interested other schools including Florida, Miami-FL, Notre Dame, Georgia, and USC.

Wright Update Archiv
 01-26-2007, 07:40 AM         #12
twherry19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jan. 23
Jordan Delk, WR
Lyons, GA
Toombs High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Jordan Delk excited about commitment to Navy
Delk told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "It's a great school. They've got a lot of tradition there and that's something I would love to be a part of. It's a great chance and opportunity for me to play Division I football."

Navy received a pledge from another Georgia prospect, running back Delvin Diggs of Claxton, who rushed for 1,582 yards as a senior.

Delk Update Archive
Jan. 23
Gary Wilburn, CB
Washington, GA
Washington-Wilkes High School

Scouts Grade: 40 UConn grabs Georgia teammates from Washington-Wilkes
Gary Wilburn and Kelmetrus Wylie both gave Connecticut verbal commitments after their trip to Storrs (Conn.), the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Wilburn, who made 58 tackles and intercepted three passes as a senior, said, "I really liked the facilities and have seen nothing like them before. I really got along well with the coaches and players and really felt wanted while I was there."
He summed up his decision by saying, "The biggest thing was seeing that I could get good education and also have the best facilities available to me to become the best player I can be."

Wilburn Update Archive
Jan. 23
Robert Marve, QB
Tampa Bay, FL
Plant Senior High School

ESPN150 Rank: 77
Position Rank: 11 Robert Marve recognized as top prep in Florida by coaches, media
Marve received the 2006 Florida Dairy Farmers Mr. Football award after completing 280 of 421 attempts for 4,380 yards and 48 touchdowns on his way to the 4A state title, writes the Lakeland Leger. He added 832 yards and eight more scores on the ground.

Marve got 11 of 21 first-place votes from the statewide panel comprised of high school coaches and media members while runner-up, Gator-bound Chris Rainey of Lakeland, received four first-place votes.
Marve's completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns all broke Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow's (2005 Mr. Football) single-season records.

Marve has a "soft" commitment with Alabama but is still taking visits and considering a swap to Miami-FL.

Marve Update Archive
Jan. 23
Alphonso Bryant, WR
Homestead, FL
Homestead Senior High School

Position Rank: 24 Alphonso Bryant spurns the heavyweights for Central Florida
Bryant has given a verbal commitment to the Knights and said that "it will stick," writes the Orlando Sentinel.
He was entertaining several scholarship offers from BCS conference schools such as Florida State, Georgia, Miami-FL, and South Carolina.
The Homestead product took official visits to Arizona State and Rutgers in addition to Central Florida.

Bryant Update Archive
Jan. 23
Devon Still, OT
Wilmington, DE
Howard High School Of Technology

ESPN150 Rank: 138
Position Rank: 11 Devon Still set to announce decision
Still will choose between Ohio State and Penn State during a noon press conference at his high school, according to the News Journal.
He has received visits from Penn State head man Joe Paterno and Ohio State a.ssistant head coach Darrell Hazell in the past week.

Still Update Archive
Jan. 23
Michael Clausen, QB
Riverside, CA
John W. North High School

Scouts Grade: 40 UNLV grabs three from California
Quarterback/athlete Michael Clausen, cornerback J.R. Griffin, and offensive lineman Yusef Rodgers have all given a verbal commitment to the Running Rebels, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Clausen Update Archive
Jan. 23
Alfred Morris, RB
Pensacola, FL
Pine Forest High School

Scouts Grade: 40 FAU gains running back
Alfred Morris have given Florida Atlantic a verbal commitment, according to the Sun-Sentinel. He also had a scholarship offer from Florida A&M.

Morris Update Archive
Jan. 23
Chris Culliver, S
Garner, NC
Garner Senior High School

ESPN150 Rank: 93
Position Rank: 9 Chris Culliver appears set on the Gamecocks
It was reported earlier that the ESPN 150 prospect would choose Wednesday between South Carolina and Florida but according to Spartanburg Herald-Journal, Culliver has already picked the Gamecocks.
"I just want to play for coach (Steve) Spurrier. I just want to be there."
A Wednesday press conference is still scheduled for the official announcement.

Culliver Update Archive
Jan. 23
Nathan d*ck, QB
Allen, TX
Allen High School

Scouts Grade: 68
Position Rank: 162 Nathan d*ck drops Rice, follows brother
d*ck, the younger brother of current Arkansas quarterback Casey d*ck, has decommitted from Rice and picked the Razorbacks, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

d*ck Update Archive
Jan. 23
Michael Williams, OG
Tampa, FL
Jefferson Senior High School

Scouts Grade: 76
Position Rank: 26 Williams, Davis, commit to Middle Tennessee State
Head coach Rick Stockstill, a former quarterback at Florida State and a.ssistant coach at Central Florida, is recruiting Florida hard. Williams and athlete/quarterback Dominique Davis of Kathleen High in Lakeland have pledged the Blue Raiders, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

Williams Update Archive
Jan. 23
Aaron Gresham, ILB
Mayo, FL
Lafayette High School

Scouts Grade: 74
Position Rank: 31 Gresham headed to the Seminoles
Head coach Bobby Bowden has gained a commitment from inside linebacker prospect Aaron Gresham, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

Gresham Update Archive
Jan. 23
Luther Davis, DE
West Monroe, LA
West Monroe High School

ESPN150 Rank: 118
Position Rank: 16 Luther Davis breaks LSU team policy with visit
Davis, who verbally committed to Louisiana State during the All-American Bowl, traveled to Tuscaloosa last weekend after Alabama head coach Nick Saban paid him a visit earlier in the week. He originally denied making the trip but is now telling the truth.

LSU head coach Les Miles has a policy in place that once a prospect pledges the Tigers, they are not to take any additional visits, and is not pleased with Davis, the Shreveport Times reports.

Davis Update Archive
Jan. 23
Emilo Rivera, OT
Sylmar, CA
Sylmar High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Emilio Rivera to San Diego State
Rivera has committed to play football for the Aztecs, writes the Los Angeles Times.

Rivera Update Archive
Jan. 23
Kenny Rowe, DE
Long Beach, CA
L. B. Polytechnic High School

ESPN150 Rank: 111
Position Rank: 13 ESPN 150 prospect Rowe headlines group of new commits for the Ducks
Rowe, offensive lineman Darrion Weems, and linebacker Terrell Turner picked Oregon after their weekend visits, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Rowe was pursued by several other schools including California, Arizona, Fresno State, and USC.

Rowe Update Archive
Jan. 23
Chris Conte, CB
Los Angeles, CA
Loyola High School

Scouts Grade: 68
Position Rank: 85 Chris Conte would rather be a Bruin than a Golden Bear
Conte has dropped his verbal commitment to Cal and now says he'll sign with UCLA, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Conte Update Archive
Jan. 23
Drew Frey, WR
Clarksville, OH
Clinton Massie School

Scouts Grade: 40 Drew Frey gets offer, stays in-state with Cincinnati
After a weekend recruiting visit to the campus, Frey gave the Bearcats his pledge, the Wilmington News Journal reports.
Frey Update Archive
Jan. 23
Chris Perry, DT
Keller, TX
Fossil Ridge High School

ESPN150 Rank: 124
Position Rank: 12 Chris Perry's back on board with the Hurricanes
Perry has switched his commitment back to Miami-FL from Nebraska and informed the Hurricanes' coaching staff that he'll sign with them come February 7, the Lincoln Journal Star reports.
The ESPN 150 prospect was originally committed to Miami-FL before changing to Nebraska.

Perry Update Archive
Jan. 23
Anthony Grosso, OT
Matawan, NJ
Matewan Senior High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Grosso switches from Northwestern to Florida State
New FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett gained his first verbal commitment Monday when Anthony Grosso changed his pledge, writes the Tallahassee Democrat.
The offensive tackle from Matawan (N.J.) said, "The No. 1 thing was the people, especially coach (Bobby) Bowden, coach Trickett, and coach (Jimbo) Fisher."
He added, "I feel so confident with coach Trickett. We're going to be successful. He preaches hard work and not to be afraid of it."

Grosso Update Archive
 01-26-2007, 07:42 AM         #13
twherry19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jan. 22
Carlos Dunlap, DE
North Charleston, SC
Fort Dorchester High School

ESPN150 Rank: 15
Position Rank: 2 The Gators land ESPN 150 prospect Dunlap
Monday night at his high school Carlos Dunlap announced that he will be attending Florida. The defensive end picked Florida over in-state South Carolina and Tennessee.

Dunlap Update Archive
Jan. 22
Otis Merrill, CB
Cleveland, OH
Glenville High School

Scouts Grade: 40 Otis Merrill picks the Badgers
Wisconsin has gained a verbal commitment from speedy cornerback prospect Otis Merrill who played his high school ball for Ted Ginn Sr. at Glenville High, the Wisconsin State Journal reports.

Merrill Update Archive
Jan. 22
Nick Fanuzzi, QB
San Antonio, TX
Churchill High School

Position Rank: 20 Nick Fanuzzi switches to Alabama
Fanuzzi visited Tuscaloosa this weekend and according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has dropped his verbal commitment with Miami-FL for the Crimson Tide.

This occurred amidst reports that quarterback Robert Marve, a "soft" verbal commit to Alabama, is now favoring the Hurricanes after spending time in Coral Gables.

Fanuzzi Update Archive
Jan. 22
Antwain Easterling, RB
Miami, FL
Miami Northwestern High School

ESPN150 Rank: 23
Position Rank: 5 Antwain Easterling narrows his list
Easterling is now only considering North Carolina and Rutgers according to the Florida Times-Union.

Easterling Update Archive
Jan. 22
Michael McNeil, S
Mobile, AL
Davidson High School

Scouts Grade: 86
ESPN150 Rank: 8
Position Rank: 1 Michael McNeil down to two?
McNeil's former teammate at Davidson High and recent Clemson verbal Brandon Maye told the Spartanburg Herald-Journal that McNeil will probably choose between Florida State and Auburn sometime this week.

McNeil Update Archive
Jan. 22
Chris Culliver, S
Garner, NC
Garner Senior High School

ESPN150 Rank: 93
Position Rank: 9 Chris Culliver to announce Wednesday
The ESPN 150 prospect is reportedly "50/50 between South Carolina and Florida" but will decide his future Wednesday, writes TheState.com.

Culliver Update Archive
Jan. 22
Dwight Jones, WR
Burlington, NC
Burlington Cummings High

Scouts Grade: 81
ESPN150 Rank: 56
Position Rank: 12 Dwight Jones on the same page with parents?
According to TheState.com, Jones' parents "favor Tennessee and Clemson" despite the fact that their son has been committed to North Carolina for almost one full year.
He has visited both the Volunteers and Tigers and will travel to Chapel Hill this coming weekend.

Jones Update Archive
Jan. 22
Brandon Clear, WR
Birmingham, AL
Hoover High School

Scouts Grade: 70
Position Rank: 143 Clear brothers, four others, choose Clemson
Wide receiver Brandon Clear, his brother defensive end Byron Clear, defensive end Andre Branch, linebacker Brandon Maye, and Miquel Chavis have all given a verbal commitment to the Tigers, TheState.com reports.
Clemson also gained 2008 long-snapper Matt Skinner.

Clear Update Archive
Jan. 22
Kyle Russo, DE
Southlake, TX
Carroll High School

Position Rank: 125 Kyle Russo headlines six North Texas verbals
Six prospects pledged North Texas on Sunday including Russo, three wide receivers, Marcus King, Sam Roberson, and Jason Martinson, linebacker Marquese Davis, and defensive tackle Jesse DeSoto, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Russo Update Archive
Jan. 22
Tyrell Higgins, DT
Schertz, TX
Samuel Clemens High

Scouts Grade: 71
Position Rank: 67 Tyrell Higgins switches from Oklahoma State to Texas
Higgins changed his commitment Sunday night to the Texas Longhorns after maintaining a verbal pledge to the Cowboys since May, writes the Dallas Morning News.

Higgins Update Archive
Jan. 22
Sidell Corley Jr., DE
Mobile, AL
McGill Toolen Catholic High School

ESPN150 Rank: 132
Position Rank: 18 Sidell Corley Jr. getting comfortable with Alabama again
Corley Jr. told the Press-Register, "I was feeling good about Alabama, and then coach (Mike) Shula got fired. I had some doubts, but after this visit I'm starting to feel the way about Alabama like old times again."
Corley is still considered a "soft" verbal commitment to Florida.

Corley Jr. Update Archive
Jan. 22
Brandon Gibson, WR
Mobile, AL
UMS Wright Prep School

Position Rank: 23 Brandon Gibson leaning toward Tide
Gibson, who visited Tuscaloosa this weekend, said that Alabama "holds the lead" over Auburn and South Carolina but that he won't announce until national signing day, according to the Press-Register.

Gibson Update Archive
Jan. 22
Patrick Grant, DE
Lauderdale Lakes, FL
Boyd Anderson High School

Scouts Grade: 74
Position Rank: 59 Patrick Grant no longer committed to Cornhuskers
Grant has re-opened the recruiting process after decomitting from Nebraska and is now considering several other schools including Iowa, Louisville, Colorado, Arizona State, North Carolina State, and Minnesota, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

Grant Update Archive
Jan. 22
A. J. Ganguzza, OG
Boca Raton, FL
West Boca Raton High School

Position Rank: 93 A.J. Ganguzza gets surprise visit from FSU coach
Ganguzza, who was only heavily recruited by Florida Atlantic and Florida International to this point, may receive a scholarship offer from Florida State.
He told the Sun-Sentinel, "Coach (Rick) Trickett came to my house and said I was a great fit for the way he ran his line. Florida State, a team that I have followed forever, actually gave me a visit (which will be Friday) and wants me to play center."

Ganguzza Update Archive
Jan. 22
Robert Marve, QB
Tampa Bay, FL
Plant Senior High School

ESPN150 Rank: 77
Position Rank: 11 Robert Marve may drop Alabama for Miami-FL
Marve's father Eugene told the Miami Herald, "Miami gained a lot of ground today, a lot of ground. Its stock went way up," after a weekend visit to Coral Gables.

Additionally, Robert now categorizes his commitment to Alabama as "very soft" and added, "I'm not sure if that's a fit for me or not." Marve was also asked about his relationship with Nick Saban to which he replied, "We're good, but it wasn't the same as with (former Alabama coach Mike) Shula."

The Plant High product continued, "Miami seems like a great place to live and a great place to play and I can definitely see myself playing for a guy like Coach (Randy) Shannon. He's an honorable man who definitely has his stuff together. He shows a lot of leadership and integrity."

Marve Update Archive
Jan. 22
Robert Hughes, RB
Chicago, IL
Hubbard High School

ESPN150 Rank: 140
Position Rank: 17 Irish hire D-Coordinator with Chicago roots
Robert Hughes is one Chicago-area recruit who took notice to Notre Dame's hiring of Corwin Brown, a Chicago Julian graduate. Hughes told the Post-Tribune, "I know he's a former player in the (Chicago) Public League, in the National Football League, and a (former) NFL a.ssistant who knows his stuff."
The ESPN 150 running back continued, "It's always great to see someone out of Chicago, out of your area, do big things."
Illinois and Notre Dame have been Hughes' top-two for some time, but sources now report that he may be leaning toward the f!ghting Irish.

Hughes Update Archive
Jan. 22
Brandon Paul, WR
Tallahassee, FL
Lincoln High School

ESPN150 Rank: 81
Position Rank: 15 Brandon Paul chills out with Seminoles' new staff
Paul called Florida State's new coaches "real cool" after a weekend visit to Tallahassee. The ESPN 150 prospect added, "The big thing was the new coaches - how much they loved Florida State," the Tallahassee Democrat reports.
Paul will travel to Clemson this weekend and may still set up a visit to Miami-FL.

Paul Update Archive
Jan. 22
Lennon Creer, RB
Tatum, TX
Tatum High School

Scouts Grade: 81
ESPN150 Rank: 50
Position Rank: 8 Lennon Creer down to three?
Creer's high school coach Andy Evans told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he believes his former star will sign with either Tennessee, Oklahoma, or Alabama. Evans added, "As far as I know, Georgia is out of the running. And I would think Texas is out of the running too. But all that could change tomorrow."

Creer cancelled a scheduled trip to Austin and hasn't contacted Georgia about setting up a visit.

Creer Update Archive
 11 years ago '06        #14
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,271 | Props total: 7403 7403
 twherry19 said:
if the horns can get terrace toliver, i will be fine. but i think we the top back from LA coming in soon. they say he is a romonce taylor type.

RaMonce Talyor type... that's scary

426 - 199 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 68% 11 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 408-255, Rank #9 | Aug 16: 530-318, Rank #23 | Aug 15: 723-350, Rank #21 | Aug 14: 830-506, Rank #15 | Aug 13: 509-349, Rank #8 | Aug 12: 209-112, Rank #25 | Aug 11: 12-7, Rank #173 | Aug 10: 857-514, Rank #19 | Aug 09: 168-132, Rank #58 | Aug 08: 988-553, Rank #6 *
 11 years ago '04        #15
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4286 4286
you know them Canes closing strong buddy.
 11 years ago '04        #16
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,890 | Props total: 8226 8226
I heard the Tarheels are number 33 in recruiting classes so far for commits i think they could be underrated ACC title contender. They also could get the number 1 DT in the nation i heard.
 01-26-2007, 10:24 AM         #17
Sleep23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only player I care about where they are going right now is RoJo. I do think he'll choose UM over UF tho.
 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM         #18
Weezy_4_eva 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo penn state is running the recruiting sh*t this year. im not a hardcore fan, i like they aiight though. but for real they've snagged 17 recruits already!!!!!
 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM         #19
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
17? That isnt a whole lot..unless yall are going to close strong as hell.

We have 29 (+1 grayshirt) at the moment..12 of them are 4 stars with two 5 stars sprinkled in..probably will add Weslye Saunders (4 star TE) & Josh Bynes (4 star LB) before signing day.

I laugh at the experts that said Spurrier couldnt bring talent to Columbia.
 11 years ago '04        #20
1000bluntz 
space
space
If DVD splits on us again that Ronald Johnson kid would be sick. I wouldn't be surprised either, Urban knows what he's doing obviously. DVD is annoying the fu*k out of me though, I could care less what he does at this point.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago