Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
Bx_Bomberz 183 heat pts183
space
space
$19,354 | Props total: 12374 12374
WTF is up with this thread?...........

yall hibernating?:sleepy:

my predictions for this season

in my opinion this gunna be the best season since randy/culpepper days

defense gunna be better then last year

tavaris should be okay i just hope he dont throw ints but i got a feeling we have Donovan Jr imma go over 25tds n under 20 ints n have him self a damn good season

if somehow troy williamson:sick: and bobby wade learn to catch we will win 12 games:wow: but i got more confidence in the rookies, sidney rice and aundrae allison

runnin game should be sick this year one of the top 5 in the nfl

i think both backs got a chance for 1000 yards if we stay healthy on the line

adrian peterson, even if we fu*k up this season its still a good year cuz somehow this guy slipped to us at #7 easily the steal of the draft and

adrian will be the offensive rookie of the year (unless calvin goes for 12+ tds)

bring out the brooms

2-0 vs GB
2-0 vs DET
2-0 vs CHI:sleepy:

were gunna start off 5 - 0

my predictions 10-6 wins the nfc north divison for the first time in vikings history
 09-09-2007, 03:23 PM         #82
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bangabi*ch

we gona run da score up on yall when we play vikings..........winning against em grabage a.ss atl aint nothing
 10 years ago '06        #83
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,351 | Props total: 5500 5500
the packers didn't score one offensive touchdown against the eagles so you know damn well brett "turnover" favre isn't running the score up on nobody. the eagles choked on that so don't get ahead of yourselves.
 10 years ago '06        #84
banga 8 heat pts
space
space

if the offense can outscore the Defense this year, 10 games minimum.
 09-09-2007, 09:43 PM         #85
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall need to stop jumpin into the stand like yall doin the lambo leap...............

ima go to the bills thred next and let em know.............but im sad for them cuz of what happened to they tight end
 10 years ago '04        #86
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$17,922 | Props total: 4280 4280
i told everybody AD is gonna run himself into the record books...i think he can have a LT type of impact for us. now if we can get Sidney Rice on track and then we can draft a QB this year because im not sure if TJ is the guy

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-09-2007 at 10:33 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #87
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
T-Jack will be fine. He wasn't great but he wasn't horrible. this is only like his 5 start. by the bye week he should start having more of an impact.
 10 years ago '06        #88
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
got this from purplepride.org

Disclaimer: I am not a football expert. I am a fan. Feel free to ridicule and pick apart this post as you see fit...

Keeping with tradition from last week(since it was so well received on the Atlanta boards Tongue), here is my breakdown for the Detroit game. I don't think this win will come as easily as last weeks. Unlike Atlanta, Detroit has an offense that can be scary at times. Luckily their defense is scary all the time (to them). It comes down to our good D against their good O, and our OK O against their crappy D. This will be a close game.

Viking's rushing attack against Detroit's rushing D
Edge: Vikings
Oakland's Lamont Jordon was more or less shut down against Detroit. He finished with 70 yards on 15 carries, but over half of those yards came off from 4 carries, one of which was against a prevent defense. But I think that speaks more to Oakland's crappy OL than Detroit's run stop ability. In the second half, Oakland came out running, and picked up 25 yards on three back to back carries, so it is definately possible to run the call against Detroit. Oakland was playing from behind all game, so they eventually abandoned the running game, other wise I think we would have seen bigger numbers for Jordon. The left side of our line should be able to overpower Cody and Edwards, and AP will have another big day.

Viking's passing attack against Detroit's passing D
It is pretty rare that I will give us the edge in this category, at least this early in the season. But Detroit's secondary is god awful. McCown was able to go 30 of 40 for 313 yards against them for crying out loud. Curry had a great day receiving against Detroit, and Jordon looked good catching out the the backfield. Oakland was also able to generate quite a bit of YAC off from the short pass. I think this looks good for our passing attack, which will again be composed of short passes and flat passes. We should also be able to get Rice and TWill open against the Detroit secondary a few times, so that could take some of the pressure off from our run game.

Viking's OL against Detroit's DL
Edge: Detroit
Detroit's LE White had a career day against Oakland. 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT, and 2 forced fumbles. The guy was on fire. He will be lining up against our right side, which has looked better but is still suspect. On the other side of the line their RE Edwards recorded two sacks of his own. He will have more trouble against our left side, but is quick enough to get around McKinney if he gets the jumps. TJack needs to be aware, and make good decisions when pressured inside the pocket.

Detroit's rushing attack against Viking's rushing D
Tatum Bell had an OK day for Detroit - 15 carries for 87 yards. But he was running against the worst rushing D in the league with Oakland. He should have had twice that. And, when you consider that 24 of those yards came off from just one run, it shows that he wasn't on his game. I don't expect Detroit to attempt the run against us more than a dozen times on Sunday. They stand a much better chance through the air, so why bother.

Detroit's passing attack against Vikings pass D
Edge: Detroit
Kitna passed all day long against Oakland, which had the #1 passing defense a year ago. Look for him to pass a lot against us on Sunday too, since their running game will go nowhere. Originally my biggest concern was Griffin, who will be lining up against Furrey and CJ all day. But when I watched the game, I was surprised to see that Kitna favors a short passing game, with 5 or 6 deep balls thrown in to keep the D honest. Out of the 36 passing attempts he made against Oakland, 28 were short passes. The good news is that Kitna made two bad mistakes when he was under pressure, both of which turned into interceptions. Each time, the defense took away the short passing routes, and Kitna threw into traffic. If we can get pressure on Kitna like we did on Harrington, we will shut their air attack down. We will also need to rely on our offense to control the time of possession. The less time the Detroit offense spends on the field, the better.

Detroit's OL against Viking's DL
Oakland couldn't get much pressure on Kitna, but when they did he panicked. Our DL is leagues ahead of Oakland's, and given Detroit's predisposition to throwing the ball, I expect to see Robison (my new favorite player) in a lot more as a situational pass rusher. The key to Sunday's game lies in our ability to get to Kitna. I can't stress this enough, because with his receiving weapons, he will put up big numbers if we give him any time. Luckily, I don't think their OL can stop us, especially when we keep rotating fresh legs in an out of our defensive front.

Special Teams
Edge: Draw
Hanson went 3 for 3. Longwell went 1 for 1. Average punt return/kick return was about the same for both teams. I am happy to say that our special teams looked a lot better on Sunday than they did in preseason.

Intangibles
Edge: Draw
We are playing at Ford Field, but that is a lot better place to play than Lambeau, where TJ got his first start. The Detroit fans, if they even sell out the game, are not known for being loud, and if Detroit goes down they can get downright quiet. Anyone know when the Detroit fans are planning their annual "Fire Millen Walkout"? The biggest intangible here is the underestimatio n of either team. Both teams are coming off from big wins against less than stellar opponents. If either team expects week 2 to be as easy as week 1, then they are in for a surprise.

Prediction: Like it or not, this will be a close game that will cause blood pressure to rise in both cities. In the end, the Vikes will pull it out, 27-21 in OT
 10 years ago '05        #89
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
T-Jack will be fine. He wasn't great but he wasn't horrible. this is only like his 5 start. by the bye week he should start having more of an impact.
can u tell me why they didnt let him throw the ball in week 1?:banghead::banghead:

it was the only thing i was pissed about?

can we at least attempt 1 pass over 20 yards?

we got all deep threat recivers troy wade and sidney

i guess we can let him not lose the game n count on the defense

looks like our d gunna be good for a td per game :applause:

still i wanna see wat we got
 10 years ago '06        #90
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
I guess they want to bring along slowly and not give him to many responsibilities but I'm sure sooner or later they're going to start throwing deep to stop teams from loading up the box. he has the arm for it.
 09-15-2007, 02:00 PM         #91
camron34 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As a Viking fan, I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs this year, but I did like what I saw out of their defense. T Jackson was OK, he missed a couple of sure TD's, especially that long one to Williamson that he overthrew him by 5 yards. But who's to say that Williamson wouldn't have dropped it if he caught up to it?? AP was everything we thought he would be, and the O-line was a beast. I do like Sidney Rice, he does have good hands, he's going to be a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald, just watch. Alot of people are picking the Lions to beat the Vikings this Sunday, but don't see it. We have beat them the last 10 times and I don't see Kitna having enough time to find all those good receivers to beat us. I see the Vikings winning this one 24-17.
 10 years ago '07        #92
ramtrain6 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 0 0
We need 2 pick up byron leftwich asap cuz T jackoff is not gone make it
 10 years ago '06        #93
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
leftwich wouldn't be playing this year anyways. it wouldn't hurt though. tarvaris is weakening my credibility when I try to defend his a.ss.
 10 years ago '04        #94
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$17,922 | Props total: 4280 4280
man...we need a QB. and a new offense
 09-17-2007, 07:59 AM         #95
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think i year or 2 yall qb can be something
 10 years ago '05        #96
space
space
if t jack is gunna play like that

1 i hope we get a high enough pick to get andre woodson
2 we trade for donovan after philly fans boo him outa town

we need in this order

1 to cut brooks bollinger
2 to find a quarterback whos not gunna throw 4 picks
3 to find a backup qb who can handle snaps
4 to find a new right gaurd (artis hicks blows)
5 find a #1 reciver
6 replace ben leber hes not bad but im convinced hes the weakspot on the d
would be nice to get a linebacker with pass rushin abilities

im not panicking i knew that detriot could have passed on us n put up points

i was alot more pissed about how we lost
rather then who we lost to

no excuses next week tho should be a beatdown
 10 years ago '07        #97
ramtrain6 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 0 0
We need 2 at least throw the ball deep cuz t jack has a cannon so we need 2 let em atleast try and go deep wit sid rice
 09-23-2007, 03:38 PM         #98
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEXT UP ON DA CHOPPING BOARD

vviikkksssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ha haaaa
 10 years ago '06        #99
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
the o-line needs to get they're sh*t together as far as pass protection

chester needs to come and save his job

give sidney more playing time

that is all.
 10 years ago '05        #100
space
space
 bangabi*ch said:
the o-line needs to get they're sh*t together as far as pass protection

chester needs to come and save his job

give sidney more playing time

that is all.
can we please bomb it down the feild to troy williamson at least once or 2 times a half?

i kno he cant catch, he used to be able to tho

n he always gets open

if we can get him on track im sure sidney gunna be a sick player

the defenses gunna be watchin adrian and lettin teams try to beat them through the air

we need tavaris to have a strong game

but right now looks like we might be on our way to draftin andre woodson
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy