Houston Rockets Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-15-2007, 08:28 PM         #301
pimpslickback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
i still cant believe the rockets made the play-offs with the sh*ttiest starting nba power forward in the nba!!!!!!!!!!!!:wow: :applause:

luther head is the truth, but barbosa is a dead lock for 6th man of the year. luther head reminds me of derek fisher for some reason.
ur the dumbest kid ever .. i mean seriously

even if chuck hayes is the sh*ttiest starting power foward we dont have him starting for offense.. we have YAO MING and TRACY MCGRADY for offense.. let me say that one more time.. we have YAO MING AND TRACY MCGRADY for offense.. so he is our starter for DEFENSE, and incase u are really stupid.. he does his job and he does it very well
 11 years ago '07        #302
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 pimpslickback said:
ur the dumbest kid ever .. i mean seriously

even if chuck hayes is the sh*ttiest starting power foward we dont have him starting for offense.. we have YAO MING and TRACY MCGRADY for offense.. let me say that one more time.. we have YAO MING AND TRACY MCGRADY for offense.. so he is our starter for DEFENSE, and incase u are really stupid.. he does his job and he does it very well
wow since you stay in houston why dont you come over and say it to my face f*g**t. :finger: chuck hayes is dirt sh*t. how does that make me stupid when im stating the obvious. you just a biased a.ss rockets fan and im stating the facts. dirk, duncan, and marion, could sh*t on the rockets easily. i like our chances of getting far, but chuck hayes starting at power forward will not get us into the finals. get luther head's c*ck out of your mouth f*g**t a.ss n*gga. :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '07        #303
space
space
space
chuck hayes is nothing but the black ryan bowan who is a better rebounder. carlos boozer can get an easy two points in the post against chuck hayes every time, because chucky is undersized.
 04-15-2007, 10:04 PM         #304
pimpslickback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
wow since you stay in houston why dont you come over and say it to my face f*g**t. :finger: chuck hayes is dirt sh*t. how does that make me stupid when im stating the obvious. you just a biased a.ss rockets fan and im stating the facts. dirk, duncan, and marion, could sh*t on the rockets easily. i like our chances of getting far, but chuck hayes starting at power forward will not get us into the finals. get luther head's c*ck out of your mouth f*g**t a.ss n*gga. :rolleyes:
lmfao tampon in too far?

for the last time hes not in the game to be explosive.. u act like the spurs dont have one of the worst starting centers in the league..

when tmac and chuck hayes play together and they run the pick and roll NOONE can stop him .. lol at u giving me hate who cares about a rep power
 04-15-2007, 10:05 PM         #305
pimpslickback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
chuck hayes is nothing but the black ryan bowan who is a better rebounder. carlos boozer can get an easy two points in the post against chuck hayes every time, because chucky is undersized.
r u a kansas fan? or wut i dont understand why u hate chuck so much dude is a badass and a beast.. i got to meet him hes a nice a.ss guy too
 11 years ago '07        #306
space
space
space
 pimpslickback said:
r u a kansas fan? or wut i dont understand why u hate chuck so much dude is a badass and a beast.. i got to meet him hes a nice a.ss guy too

i dont use tampoons bi*ch!!!:finger: but i am because you called me stupid just because of my opinion.

yeah i met chuck hayes at some night club in downtown houston, near 4th ward. i agree with you right there. chuck hayes is a cool cat. im just not fond of his game. dude gets owned in the post every time, just because he is undersized. he gets outrebounded sometimes too, but he gets his boards too. the only offense chuck has is the same lay-up cut to the basket bullsh*t. opposing teams leave that n*gga wide open because he has no jumper. i dont hate kansas, the rockets should have kepted azibuke. n*gga was cold in college.
 04-15-2007, 10:21 PM         #307
pimpslickback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes thats y he fits in so much because teams dont guard him and he knows where to be and hell make the layup ... sometimes u see him go straight from the 3 point line to the basket bc noone guards him . i think we have the most balanced startin lineup in the league rafer quick distributing pg tmac n yao off. superstars shane def. and hustler and chuck hustler def and rebounder
 11 years ago '06        #308
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 628 628
Anyone who talks bad about Chuck obviously dont watc rockets games. He is the type of player who dose all the stff you want see on sportscenter like chasing down loose balls, drawing charges and running that pick and roll to the basket perfectly.
 11 years ago '06        #309
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
I see some new people in here..

is it playoff time haha
 11 years ago '07        #310
space
space
space
 pimpslickback said:
yes thats y he fits in so much because teams dont guard him and he knows where to be and hell make the layup ... sometimes u see him go straight from the 3 point line to the basket bc noone guards him . i think we have the most balanced startin lineup in the league rafer quick distributing pg tmac n yao off. superstars shane def. and hustler and chuck hustler def and rebounder
what about rafer's defense? he is a good defender until somebody sets a pick, then he gets lost in the sauce.
 11 years ago '07        #311
space
space
space
 m!ck3y said:
Anyone who talks bad about Chuck obviously dont watc rockets games. He is the type of player who dose all the stff you want see on sportscenter like chasing down loose balls, drawing charges and running that pick and roll to the basket perfectly.
i watch the rockets all the time. the only offense chuck has is cutting to the basket for a lay-up. point blank, chuck is only in the league for the simple fact that he works his a.ss off. its amazing how he gets hella rebounds, and hes only 6,6 though.

Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 04-16-2007 at 09:13 AM..
 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM         #312
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
i watch the rockets all the time. the only offense chuck has is cutting to the basket for a lay-up. point blank, chuck is only in the league for the simple fact that he works his a.ss off. its amazing how he gets hella rebounds, and hes only 6,6 though.
Bottom line is a guy can make a great living and be a huge a.sset to any team on rebounding alone. Look at Rodman. The guy wasn't known for his career high 34 points on offense. He was valuable because of his career high 34 boards in one game.

Look at Paul Millsap for the Jazz. Every NBA broadcaster in the nation always talks about how much of steal the Jazz got with Millsap at the 47th overall pick. People slept on him because he was undersized. But now coaches and broadcasters agree that the guy should've went way higher based on his rebounding ability. He was the only player in NCAA history to lead the league in rebounding for 3 straight years.

Did anybody know the name Millsap before the beginning of the season? NO. But he's been present in the top 10 rookie rankings every week since the first month. Is he dazzling people with his 6ppg? NO. It's the fact that he leads all rookies in rebounding even though he's like 10th in minutes.

Barring injury Chuck Hayes will likely outlast bigger power forwards.
 11 years ago '06        #313
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
pRopd^^

People who talk wreckless like that obviosuly dont know much about the sport to begin with. Getting boards and high percentage shots like hayes gets is an a.ssset to anyteam. Hayes is the type of player whow ill make those key plays i.e. rebounds, drawing charges, crucial block, etc..
 11 years ago '07        #314
space
space
space
 m!ck3y said:
pRopd^^

People who talk wreckless like that obviosuly dont know much about the sport to begin with. Getting boards and high percentage shots like hayes gets is an a.ssset to anyteam. Hayes is the type of player whow ill make those key plays i.e. rebounds, drawing charges, crucial block, etc..
what the hell are you talking about me talking reckless. chuck hayes still gets outrebounded from time to time because of his size. theres sports analyst who talk wreckless like that also. so obviously they are doing something right. @ n*ggas crying over opinions.
 11 years ago '05        #315
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
With Homecourt Locked up, the playoffs "officialy" start saturday but our series starts Wedsday a win in utah will give us a big push for the playoffs and it will give us the confidence needed to show we can win in Utah
 11 years ago '07        #316
space
space
space
if t-mac can't make it out of the first round this time, tracy just needs to k!ll himself. sh*t i can't even remember the last time the rockets got home court advantage. (prolly when hakeem was still on the team).
 11 years ago '06        #317
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3522 3522
After winning 45 and 51 games respectively in 2003-04 and 2004-05, Houston won only 34 last season. This slump can be traced largely to a season full of injuries, with Tracy McGrady out for 35 games and Yao Ming out for 25.

This season the Rockets have withstood another season without the services of its All-Star center for a significant stretch. They have one of the league's best records while playing in the ultra-competitive Southwest Division, and will finish with the fourth-best record in the West, setting up a first-round showdown with the Utah Jazz.

DECISION MAKERS

OWNER: LES ALEXANDER
FACT SHEET
Bought Rockets for $85 million in 1993
Current franchise value: $439 million
Owner's net worth: $80 million (as of 2005)

Sources: Forbes.com, USAToday.com SCORECARD
Seasons: 14
Playoffs: 9
Division titles: 1
West titles: 2
NBA titles: 2

GM SCORECARD
By John Hollinger CARROLL DAWSON
General Manager
Seasons: 11
Playoffs: 6
Division Titles: 0
Conference Titles: 0
NBA Titles: 0

BEST MOVE: Trading for Tracy McGrady
While drafting Yao Ming was a huge step, Houston's rebirth as a contender really came when the Rockets fleeced the Magic in the McGrady deal. The Rockets acquired one of the game's most dynamic offensive talents while unloading perennial headache Steve Francis and middling talents like Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato. Orlando's GM stepped down within a year of cutting this deal.

WORST MOVE: Trading for Eddie Griffin
It's bad enough when you make a 3-for-1 deal and the one guy you trade for turns out to be an incorrigible head case. It's worse when two of the three players you trade turn into valuable pieces.

Dawson gave up Richard Jefferson and Jason Collins in this deal, helping New Jersey win the East in consecutive seasons while setting back Houston's own post-Olajuwon rebuilding program.

TEAM STATUS REPORT

Houston has followed a model somewhat similar to that of the Lakers of the late 1990s and early 2000s: The Rockets are constructed around two stars -- one center and one wing -- and have a.ssembled a veteran supporting cast hand-picked in relation to how they will play with McGrady and Yao.

ROCKETS CAP/TAX SITUATION
Free agents (3): Chuck Hayes (r), Dikembe Mutombo, Jake Tsakalidis

Players under contract (9): Rafer Alston, Shane Battier, Luther Head, Juwan Howard, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Novak, Kirk Snyder, Vassilis Spanoulis

Total for players under contract: $56,206,251

First-round picks: Own

Team options: None

Player options: Bonzi Wells

Total for players with player options: $2,284,200

Limited salary protection: John Lucas, Bob Sura

Total for player with limited salary protection: $4,617,610

Estimated NBA salary cap: $55 million

Maximum cap room for Houston Rockets: None

Estimated luxury tax threshold:
$67 million (Rockets not expected to exceed threshold)

Compiled by ESPN.com staff

Even their average age of nearly 28, one could reasonably a.ssume, is largely influenced by their core: McGrady is in his prime chronologically, but with a recent history of back problems, the Rockets' future is now. This is not a team looking to stockpile future a.ssets at the expense of making an immediate title run.

Accordingly, they traded the No. 8 pick in last year's draft to Memphis for Shane Battier, one of the league's premier role players. Battier has been an excellent fit in Houston: Along with his sound defense, he has provided the club toughness, consistency and a deep threat to help spread the floor. And he has benefited from being in Houston as much as it has reaped from his presence: As an indicator, his 3-point shooting has risen two percentage points this season while his 3-point attempts have more than doubled.

While Battier's hard work and approach to the game must be credited for much of this rise, we have to a.ssume that his new scenery has something to do with it. As a tandem, Yao's and McGrady's ability to draw defensive attention along with their passing skills and willingness to hit the open man is unsurpassed in the NBA. Coach Jeff Van Gundy always has been a believer in the 3 and Battier has developed a new weapon in Houston.

To comb Houston's roster individually in looking for soft spots is somewhat missing the point: Remember, Kurt Rambis and Mark Iavaroni were starting 4s on championship clubs. Both were very good NBA players and excellent in performing the roles required by their teams, but they were not elite individual players at their position.

Houston's roster was picked specifically to play around McGrady and Yao, and each player is well-suited to perform his role. Juwan Howard's steadiness and professionalism are a solid complement to Rafer Alston and Luther Head's ability to be wild cards on any given night. All three can knock down shots created by Yao and McGrady.

Even Bonzi Wells was brought in with a specific purpose: Were he to have been integrated into the lineup as the club had hoped when it signed him, he would have given them another big-game player with the intelligence and versatility to play off the stars. As things presently stand, recent reports indicate that he will not figure into the club's immediate future.

Houston's payroll is a reflection of two opposing forces: (1) a veteran club, without many rookie-scale contracts, which usually signifies a high payroll, and (2) a team constructed around two stars and a supporting cast, which usually signifies a manageable number.

The Rockets are below the tax line right now and, because they are not loaded with rookie-scale deals, their number does not figure to balloon in the future. The flip side to that, of course, is that with a series of veteran contracts the Rockets do not shed much salary in coming seasons either.

Houston is not a young team: The Rockets are largely players in their prime and are built to compete immediately.

THE FUTURE

MAJOR ISSUES FOR ROCKETS

• Bottom line: Need Yao and T-Mac healthy

• Now's the time: Rockets built to compete now

• Feelin' a draft: Key way for Houston to add talent

The two free agency issues the Rockets will face this summer are Dikembe Mutombo and Chuck Hayes.

Mutombo recentlysaid that he will play another season. A short-minutes player at this point in his career, Mutombo is still one the league's most proficient rebounders and he embodies the warrior mentality vital to all playoff teams.

Hayes, the solid role player the Rockets brought to camp in October 2005, waived, and then picked back up in January 2006, has been a key find for Houston and has played a valuable role in its success.

The Rockets' cap number stands at slightly more than $63 million (before adding their draft pick), but there is some wiggle room built in as the final year of Bob Sura's contract is not fully guaranteed.

Additionally, Wells holds a player option entering next season. Things clearly have not worked out for Wells in Houston, and one would presume he will look elsewhere over the summer. Were he to do so, it would further reduce the Rockets' committed payroll by more than $2 million.

With McGrady and Yao under contract through the 2009-10 season (and Yao one year beyond), Houston's finances are stable. They might not be major players in the free agent market anytime soon, but they are positioned to keep their stars surrounded with premier role players and solid veterans. Provided they stay healthy, the Rockets have a very high baseline of a.ssets upon which to build and a team which could be dangerous in the playoffs.
 11 years ago '05        #318
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
Gladi checked the thread i was gonna see if anyone posted this ^^^ proped
 11 years ago '04        #319
tonymann 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 229 229
anybody got a pic of that t-mac lay up night before last?
 04-18-2007, 06:05 PM         #320
pimpslickback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sick layup
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago