NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-23-2008, 07:39 PM         #1181
ejay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Colston signed for three more years per .

Colston Signs Contract Extension//
Colston Signs Three-Year Contract Extension

NewOrleansSaints.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 6:00 PM

The New Orleans Saints have signed wide receiver Marques Colston to a three-year contract extension, it was announced today by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. Colston, who has more catches in his first two seasons than any player in NFL history, is now under contract with the club until 2011.

Colston hauls in 1 of his 11 '07 TDs.
“Marques is a team-first player and a hard worker whose productivity over his first two seasons is unmatched in club history and we believe Marques can be even better as he gains experience in the league,” said Loomis. “We are very pleased to get this deal done and look forward to seeing great things from him over the next four seasons.”

Colston has 168 receptions since entering the NFL in 2006, including a club-record 98 last season for 1,202 yards. He also tied a Saints’ record in 2007 with 11 touchdown catches. In 30 career games, Colston has recorded eight 100-yard performances and 14 contests with at least one TD grab – including four games with multiple-touchdown receptions. He has 29 catches of 20 yards or more over the last two seasons, including an 86-yard touchdown in 2006.

“It was a priority for our team to get this done before our training camp practices started,” said Coach Sean Payton. “He is an established player in the NFL and a key part of our offense. He is also becoming a leader on our team, and certainly within our group of wide receivers.”

In 2006, the lanky target was the 252nd player selected in the NFL Draft but emerged as the most productive rookie wideout in club history. Despite missing two contests, he recorded 70 catches for a team-high 1,038 yards and eight TDs. Inserted into the starting lineup immediately, after nine games he had 869 yards – the highest total in NFL history for a rookie over that span. Colston enters his third season in 2008.

Of his 168 catches since entering the league, 115 have moved the chains for a first down. He has been particularly effective on third down in his career – Colston has 49 receptions for 724 yards and six touchdowns on third down.
 9 years ago '05        #1182
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
smartest sh*t the front office has done all offseason. this n*gga is a rising star and will only get better with more experience.
 07-23-2008, 10:29 PM         #1183
DaNewMotivation 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple6Raidr305 said:
pretty soon its going to be the Kansas City Hornets, so who you gon root for then?
they not going anywhere..... we control where our team goes and things have done nothing but shocked and amazed people of how our team started and ended the season with attendance and sales playboy..Our city, our team !

*They Trynna Make A Brand New Map Without Us, But The Tourist Come Down And Spend Too Many Dollars, So Whatever Yall Say, It Will Still Be Ours *

Last edited by DaNewMotivation; 07-23-2008 at 10:31 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #1184
K.B.  OP
space
space
The Saints have released tight end Eric Johnson. The eighth-year veteran has been unable to compete for a roster spot throughout the summer because of a lingering ankle injury, and he became expendable when New Orleans traded for Jeremy Shockey this week.

Johnson joined the Saints in free agency last year, and he re-signed with the team this offseason. But the ankle injury, which he suffered while training on his own in February, unexpectedly turned into a months-long issue.

When healthy, Johnson showed signs of being one of the league's best young pass-catching tight ends, but his career has been plagued by various injuries. In his best season, Johnson caught 82 passes for 825 yards and two touchdowns with the San Francisco 49ers in 2004. Last year with the Saints, he caught 48 passes for 378 yards and two touchdowns.

Johnson will be replaced on the roster by rookie cornerback Tracy Porter, who just finalized his contract with the team.

07-27-2008, 10:09 PM         #1185
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we finally signed colston should have been done a long time ago.............. sed ellis is next dorsey just signed his so he should be done soon
 07-30-2008, 03:52 PM         #1186
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The deal is worth a maximum value of $49 million with $19.5 million in guarantees, according to league sources. The guaranteed money is the most important figure, since the total package includes some hard-to-reach incentives. The likely value is closer to $32 million. Performance bonuses are typical of the contracts signed by the picks ahead of Ellis.

Ellis, a defensive tackle whose holdout spanned six days and 12 practices, will fly in this morning from Tampa, Fla., where he has been working out at the Athlete's Compound, where trained for pre-draft workouts.

He will be on the field for the Saints' only practice today, which is scheduled for 4:20 p.m.

"It's about time, " Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis said. "It took a little longer than it should have, but it is what it is. We're glad it's done. We're glad he's in the fold. And we'll see what kind of shape he's in tomorrow afternoon."

Loomis and Ellis' agent, Eugene Parker, each declined to get into specifics of the negotiations. But they agreed that the structure of rookie deals has become more complicated in recent years -- particularly now, with the possibility that NFL owners may opt out of the current collective bargaining agreement, which would affect the salary cap in future years.

Ellis was one of the three first-round draft picks to agree to a contract. The remaining holdouts are No. 8 pick Derrick Harvey of the Jacksonville Jaguars and No. 9 pick Keith Rivers of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Ellis was picked seventh overall out of Southern California.

"We wanted to get it done. They wanted to get it done, " said Parker. "But you still have to go through a process, and sometimes each side wishes the other side would go down a certain path quicker than the other. But you have to stay focused until you get it done."

Loomis said the basic parameters have been in place for the last few days.

"It's been frustrating, just because of the length of time, and I don't really think that was necessary, " Loomis said. "But again, I think that's been created by the complicated structure of deals in this era."

Ellis could not be reached for comment, but Parker said he was excited to get in camp.

"We are happy. It's something that we wanted to get done, " said Parker. "Sedrick's very mature, and he knows that this is part of it. I mean, here's a guy that stayed for his senior year when he could have been a top-10 pick last year. So he has patience. And he knew this was necessary and it was important.

"He's excited to get started doing what he loves to do."

Ellis' holdout was the longest by a Saints draft pick since receiver Devery Henderson missed seven days in 2004 and tailback Deuce McAllister missed seven days in 2001.

Loomis said he thinks the holdout will hurt Ellis, as he now tries to catch up with his teammates almost a full week into training camp. Loomis pointed to the recent hamstring injury suffered by second-round pick Tracy Porter, who also arrived two days late to camp.

Ellis won't be totally lost, though. He participated in two minicamps and a month's worth of organized team activities in the summer, so he's familiar with the playbook
 9 years ago '04        #1187
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
yup! all our draft picks are signed and in camp now, Shockey is adding a new dimension to our offense.....Vilma/Gay/Ellis/Porter/McCray are gonna help improve the defense......it's gettin' to be that time!!!
 07-30-2008, 06:39 PM         #1188
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i feel like a little kid at christmas cant waite till preseason starts
 9 years ago '05        #1189
K.B.  OP
space
space
seen on the news today that payton is keeping a number of player out of the scrimmage this saturday. anybody who is nursing an injury or coming back from one wont play. i know shockey has been riding the stationary bike after he came up a lil lame on a play yesterday i think it was. devery and porter are riding the bikes too nursing hammy injuries. report also said deuce was gonna be out too since he had that swollen in that knee a few days back.
 9 years ago '08        #1190
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,846 | Props total: 12556 12556
fu*k the aints
 08-01-2008, 03:52 PM         #1191
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Blueprint said:
fu*k the aints

("fu*k Jay-Z")
What's up n*ggas, ay yo, I know you ain't talking 'bout me dog
You, what?
("fu*k Jay-Z")
You been on my d*ck n*gga, you love my style, n*gga
("fu*k Jay-Z")...................................
 9 years ago '05        #1192
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
^^^^^^^^^^^GOT EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 08-04-2008, 08:48 PM         #1193
Sub 0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saints' Meacham ready to make up for lost season
By BRETT MARTEL, a.ssociated Press
Monday, August 4, 2008

Rogelio V. Solis/AP Photo

Wide receiver Robert Meachem (17) has made an impression on New Orleans teammates.

STORY TOOLS
E-mail story
Comments
iPod friendly
Printer friendly
More Football
Stallings' inspirational son dies
Packers welcome back Favre
NFL notebook: Aug. 4
Share and Enjoy [?]

Get Reprints
Want to use this article? Click here for options! JACKSON, Miss. - The highlight of Robert Meachem's rookie season was a foot race against his older brother in a parking lot during Super Bowl week.

That's not exactly what the New Orleans Saints had in mind when they selected the former Tennessee wide receiver in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft, but Meachem saw the way he ran that day in Scottsdale, Ariz., as a good sign.

"My brother, he always wanted to race me. And I knew when we lined up and we raced, I could feel that step coming back," Meachem said.

Meachem, who signed a five-year, $11 million contract after being drafted 27th overall, has yet to dress for a game. His rookie season was marred by a series of setbacks and questions over whether he'd prove to be a draft bust.

He showed up for rookie camp overweight and out of shape, struggling to keep up before ultimately twisting his left ankle.

During minicamp about a month later, he hurt his right knee and had to have arthroscopic surgery to repair his medial meniscus. It was the same knee that required surgery in 2003, when he took a medical redshirt year at Tennessee.

Meachem was able to get back to practice by training camp, but he was in pain. He walked with a limp. His speed was diminished. His passing routes were not as crisp as coaches wanted.

During the regular season, he spent practices working with the scout team and game days watching from the sidelines in a sweat suit.

"Being a competitor, that's probably the most frustrating thing ever, having to sit out the whole season and you know you can't help your team," Meachem said. "I couldn't run. My speed was a great deal for me, and for me to not be able to run past people and stretch the field, it was hard."

Week after week, Meachem had to answer questions about when he thought he might play. To some extent, he's still answering them. His response is always that of someone who believed his miserable first pro season served a purpose.

"I know God puts us through certain tests for a reason and that was one of the tests he put me through to see if I was going to keep believing in him, have faith in him," Meachem said. "So I kept having faith in him and right now I'm running as good as just about anybody out there."

The proof is on the practice field. He has beaten defenders deep and made tough catches in traffic since training camp began.

Quarterback Drew Brees named Meachem first when asked which players have stood out.

Saints receiver David Patten, a 12-year veteran, wasn't surprised.

Patten said Meachem came to him "out of the blue" during the offseason and asked to be his training partner.

"I'm pretty intense with my workouts and figured he would taper off about two or three weeks into it," said Patten, who played on three New England Patriots' Super Bowl championship teams. "We'd always work to failure, where you just couldn't go anymore, and I'd be like, 'Well, I'm not going to see him any more.' But every morning he'd show up at the door at 8 o'clock on the dot. Or if he was a little late, he'd call and say, 'I'm coming.' "

Meachem, who called Patten "an older brother from another mother," drove about an hour each way from his home west of New Orleans to Patten's home in Mandeville.

"He knows what's expected of him," Patten said. "He knows that he's a No. 1 pick that hasn't seen the field yet and they didn't draft him to be a backup. He knows that and deals with that on a daily basis."

Patten suspects Meachem's performance this year will make it tough for coaches to keep him out of the lineup.

"The limp is officially gone. He looks so much better," Patten said. "He's playing with a lot more confidence. I really think he's starting to come into his own."

Coach Sean Payton is often careful not to heap praise on his players, especially young ones competing for playing time. Still, Payton said he has been encouraged by Meachem's performance and complimented him on some of the plays he's made during practice.

"It's good to see him running around without the gait anymore and picking things up," Payton said. "It's a lot different for him now."

Hope Meachem developed into the #2 reciever
 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM         #1194
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thursday @ arizona :applause: .......i'm impatiently waiting
 9 years ago '05        #1195
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
IMO, If Meachem can develop into a good 3rd receiver, the offense would be close to unstoppable, with a healthy #26 and Pierre and Bush, Colston and a hushed Shockey, i dont see why the Saints cant repeat 2006
 9 years ago '04        #1196
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
I want Meachem at #2 and eventually Arrington at the #3
 08-12-2008, 03:48 PM         #1197
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saints Defense has to step up
 9 years ago '04        #1198
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 Plizaya J said:
I want Meachem at #2 and eventually Arrington at the #3
word, but not quite yet, cuz Patten was really good for us last year, once our offense got it together....
 9 years ago '04        #1199
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
bump this sh*t
 9 years ago '04        #1200
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,650 | Props total: 2894 2894
What's up everybody...I know I hadn't posted in this thread in a while...a long while, but I have some news regarding the offense (it makes sense, too). I know it appears mysterious that the Saints aren't playing Deuce in short yardage situations and instead sacrificing potential points and games. Apparently according to unnamed sources in the Saints front office, Coach Payton is in the process of shopping Deuce around the league, see what the Saints can get. In Payton's plans, Deuce won't be here in the future...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy