New Orleans Saints

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-04-2007, 03:36 AM         #61
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah but i'm sure we will still keep carney hes a very good kicker inside the 40yd markhe just does not hasve any long range what so ever
 11 years ago '05        #62
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
i think carney might be retiring soon, dude is gonna 43 this year damn lol
 11 years ago '04        #63
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 K.B. said:
i think carney might be retiring soon, dude is gonna 43 this year damn lol
lol but sh*t u know kickers play forever...morten andersen, aint he like 49 or something? gary anderson was like 47-48 still in the league....
 11 years ago '05        #64
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea thats true lol but i think they signed mare is because he has a strong enough leg to have kickoff duty and kick fieldgoals beyond 40 yards. so im guessin that carney's days are numbered in the n.o.
 11 years ago '04        #65
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
you don't sign Mare to have him compete or share kicking duties.

He comes with a package deal....his ego and his money.

He will replace Carney...trust me.
 11 years ago '05        #66
K.B.  OP
space
space
fu*k his ego, payton gonna have that sh*t in check or he gonna be gone pretty soon. so we will see how things work out.
 11 years ago '06        #67
datdude41 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 1 1
Mare will def kick off, no doubt. He'll also kick the field goals carney can't.
 11 years ago '05        #68
K.B.  OP
space
space
CARNEY TO RETIRE?

Though we can't find anything to corroborate this on the Intergoogle, there apparently are reports in New Orleans that veteran kicker John Carney will retire.

It's an end of an era; as a reader has pointed out to us, the 42-year-old Carney broke into the league as a replacement player during the 1987 strike. He signed with the Bucs, and then spent the next two seasons in Tampa.

Apparently, Carney had informed the team of his desire to retire before the Saints swung a trade with the Dolphins for kicker Olindo Mare.
 11 years ago '07        #69
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Carney hasn't retired and he will be playing elsewhere. Even though I still have trouble forgetting the river city relay this letter really made me like him.

To the Faithful of New Orleans:

My time of wearing the Fleur de Lis has come to a close. For six seasons, I have been blessed and privileged to represent the most faithful, loyal fans that the NFL has to offer. This was never so evident than during this magical season of 2006. Monday night football will never reach the pitch and purpose it met on the night of September 25th.

New Orleans is a city regaining its strength and swagger, and the Saints are proud to be leading the way. My family and I have been forever imprinted with the style, culture and kindness of the South. Through triumphs and tragedies, the perseverance and integrity of the New Orleans' people is far stronger than politics and hurricanes.

I leave New Orleans a far better man, looking for a team in need of a wrinkled foot, sure to soon be missing great friends of the South, with the knowledge that my taste buds will always yearn for one more Drago's charbroiled oyster!

May God bless the city of New Orleans. Thank ya'll for the support and class you showed me during my Saint's career. Best wishes and God speed,

John Carney
 11 years ago '05        #70
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea i just read that on another site. i guess he still has the fire to play but we needed another kicker. so farewell carney thanks for ur services.....
 11 years ago '05        #71
K.B.  OP
space
space
Saints Part Ways with K John Carney
Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Apr 5, 2007 – 4:00 pm

K John Carney has asked for and been granted his release by the New Orleans Saints, it was announced today by the club. Carney, who departs as the club's all-time leader in field goal accuracy percentage (.833), joined the Saints in 2001 and is entering his 18th NFL season.

"John wanted to explore other opportunities that are available in the NFL," said Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. "This is something we were sensitive to because he has been an important part of the Saints and the community during his time in New Orleans. We will always have a lot of respect for John as a person and a player."

Carney, who played six seasons with the Saints (2001-2006), currently is the fourth all-time leading scorer in NFL history, with 1,758 points. He led the Saints in scoring in each of his six seasons. In 2002 he recorded his highest total for points scored as a member of the Saints, when he scored 130 points, the second highest total of his career, surpassed only by his 135 point season in 1994 as a member of the San Diego Chargers.

During his six seasons with the Saints, Carney played in 95 regular season games and converted 211 extra points on 213 attempts, 150 field goals on 178 attempts (84.2%) for 663 points. Throughout his accomplished NFL career to date, the University of Notre Dame alumnus has appeared in 261 career regular season games, hitting 510 out of 517 extra points, in addition to converting 413 field goals on 505 ties for a career field goal percentage of 81.8.

"Given our recent acquisition of Olindo, we felt like it was the right thing to do to give John every opportunity to sign with another team as soon as possible," said Loomis.

Carney, a veteran of 17 NFL seasons, currently owns second place in the Saints' all-time scoring annals with the 663 points scored. He trails only fellow kicker Morten Anderson (1982-1994), who racked up a team-record 1,318 points as a member of the Saints.

Carney, a highly-respected member of the Gulf South community throughout his tenure with the Saints, penned a statement that appeared in Thursday's edition of The Times-Picayune.
 11 years ago '07        #72
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Watch him sign with ATL
 11 years ago '05        #73
K.B.  OP
space
space
i been hearin that alot lol u know tha dirty turds like to sign our cast offs
 04-06-2007, 08:43 PM         #74
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i appreciate the letter but fu*k carney the bi*ch missed the river city relay extra point to keep us out of the playoffs. I'll never forgive him for that, and he cant kick a 40 + yarder. I remember going to the phili game and watching him warm up and he stopped kicking at about the 25 or 30 yard line barely squeeking it through or missing, then i look opposite feild of him and see david akers continue to kick from the 30 yd mark to the 50 making every feild goal and boot a 67 yard bomb through the uprights. All this before a playoff game. I dont know who would sign him up when you have to drive to 25 yard line just to get in feild goal range.
 11 years ago '05        #75
K.B.  OP
space
space
somebody gonna sign him. im glad we got mare tho carney was a real liability
 11 years ago '05        #76
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
damn i hate to see Carney go! but its a business and he knows!!! Much luck to Carney!!! :applause:
 11 years ago '07        #77
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
the draft is near
 11 years ago '06        #78
504survivor 
space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 37 37
Tory James Narrows List, Saints Included
Posted Apr 10th 2007 12:06PM by Tom Mantzouranis
Filed under: Saints, NFC South, NFL Rumors, New Orleans, NFL Free Agency
According to Adam Schefter, Bengal free-agent cornerback Tory James has whittled his list of possible destinations to four: the Patriots, Packers, Raiders, and the Saints.

The other three squads have quality starters at cornerback, and are probably looking at the 33-year-old as a nickel corner. The Saints, on the other hand, would probably ask James to start opposite Mike McKenzie until whoever the Saints draft this year is ready to step into the starting spot. What that says about the Saints depth at corner is frightening, but the potential for a starting job might push James towards New Orleans.

Likewise, James is a New Orleans native and LSU grad. It would make sense that he'd want to come back home to play out the rest of his career. It'd be just like playing in Cincinnati anyway; his teammates Brian Simmons and Kevin Kaesviharn have already signed with New Orleans.

Though on paper James might seem too old to adequately replace even Fred Thomas, he's averaged five interceptions a year since 2001. The Saints defense, besides lacking in coverage ability, couldn't take the ball away enough last year. The additions of James and a rookie would go a long way in improving the secondary.
 11 years ago '07        #79
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
We get the opening game,two MNF games, and a Sunday night game. Rough end though we play the Eagles week 16 and the Bears week 17
 11 years ago '05        #80
K.B.  OP
space
space
they fu*ked us wit that last game. playin on that raggedy a.ss sh*t that chicago calls a field in tha winter time ahhhhhhhhhhh
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago