New Orleans Saints

most viewed right now
+53  84
195 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+24  70
35 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '07        #751
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,035 | Props total: 217 217
 gorilla_proof said
yeah i did peep the board out a little bit...but its hard to find most fans who are objective and realistic on any forum.
i really cant wait for the game because watching manning is like watching jordan is his prime...what he sees and reads and the numbers he continues to put up are just sick.

drew is my second fav. qb in the league...most ppl are homers if they think brady is the #2best player in the nfl
i like to look at it like this...put brady on indys team right now and they dont make the playoffs...if manning had the luxury of a top 10 def yr in and out we would be talking about 4-5 super bowls right now.

like i said before its going to be a fun game...and LSU is going to suprise some ppl this season

but im a UT man so hook'em horns

I wouldn't call myself a UT fan but I do root a lot for Texas. So we can agree there. Yeah Saintsreport is pretty much the same crap being posted by 1,00 different users... LSSPAM brings great insight though

11 years ago '04        #752
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,169 | Props total: 1 1
All I can say is now you as Saints fans understand why Miami released Mare after 10 years. His kickoffs are a beautiful thing to watch but when it comes to clutch FG's.....

I love Mare, as a fellow Cuban I always wished him the best but Miami is much better off with Jay Feely and not Mare.

11 years ago '07        #753
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Mare was great until today, man that scares me for the Colts game. Damn the Saints young guys looked great out there tonigh

11 years ago '04        #754
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,169 | Props total: 1 1
I've been analyzing games for years, but I almost could care a less about this game.

The Saints rookies looked really good in secondary (4 interceptions), both the dolphins and saints have great depth at running backs, and Mare's kicking tonight was all too familiar as a life long dolphin fan. Trust me, I'm not here bashing the saints one bit, I'm a huge fan of their recent success and plan to draft Drew Brees on the 1st in my anual fantasy league, but you need to trust me when I say you're in for a long season when it comes to Olindo Mare. He's not the clutch kicker that he used to be.

The Saints are something special though, the Dolphins depth on defense is great but our offensive depth was horrible. We only played 3rd and 4th stringers on offense tonight.

Beck - 3rd string
Hamdan - 4th string
Booker - 4th string
cobbs - 3rd string

I don't know how to evaluate tonight's game.

At the end of the night and after quite a few drinks....

The Saints will be fine if some of their starters get injured....the Dolphins will not.

Dolphins defense always dominates, but our offense needs help.

Good luck this season.

11 years ago '07        #755
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Yeah that game won't say much, just glad to see the young guys f!ghting like that. Wow at Chris Reis, and David Jones.

11 years ago '05        #756
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,984 | Props total: 431 431
Saints Reduce Roster By Nine

by Dave Lawrence, NewOrleansSaints.com
Friday, August 31, 2007 - 3:30 PM

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Friday that the team has parted ways with nine players as the deadline for reaching the league-mandated roster level of 53 players approaches.

The Saints terminated the contract of linebacker Dhani Jones and waived offensive linemen Ben Archibald, Brian Ferentz and Rob Petitti, wide receiver Derrick Doyle, tight end Ronnie Ghent, and defensive linemen Rodney Leisle, Scott Scharff and Brandon Villarreal.

Archibald is a second-year pro who first joined the Saints in 2004, spending that season and all of the 2006 campaign on the teamís practice squad. The versatile offensive lineman was on the clubís active roster during the 2005 season and saw action in six games, primarily on special teams. The BYU graduate played in all five games this preseason, working at right guard.

Doyle signed with the club as a rookie free agent following the Saintsí preseason opener in August. The former Northwestern State standout saw limited playing time over the final four contests of the summer and did not record any statistics.

Ferentz joined the Saints prior to their third preseason game after spending the 2006 season on the Falconsí practice squad. The University of Iowa product saw action at both center and left guard over the course of the teamís final three preseason contests.

Ghent signed with the Saints just prior to the Hall of Fame game and caught two passes for 23 yards during the preseason. The former University of Louisville tight end previously spent time on the Cincinnati Bengalsí practice squad after originally signing with the Philadelphia Eagles out of college in 2004.

Jones signed with the Saints as a free agent a few weeks prior to the opening of training camp. The eight-year veteran linebacker started twice in the preseason and turned in 16 tackles and a sack for the Saints in five games.

Leisle was drafted by the Saints in the fifth round in 2004 and played in 17 regular season games for the club over the span of three seasons. He played in 14 games in 2006 and tallied 19 tackles and a fumble recovery. The former UCLA Bruin made eight tackles this preseason, including a sack against the Dolphins.

Petitti came to New Orleans after being claimed off waivers prior to the 2006 season from the Dallas Cowboys. The former University of Pittsburgh offensive lineman was inactive for all but one game in í06 and played in all five games this preseason at right tackle.

Scharff re-joined the Saints early in training camp after spending time on the teamís practice squad in 2006. The defensive end out of Stanford made three tackles over the course of the preseason.

Villarreal first joined the club as an undrafted free agent in 2006 and spent the entire í06 campaign on the practice squad. The former Purdue Boilermaker made two tackles from his reserve defensive tackle position this preseason.

The Saints roster currently stands at 66 and the club must reach the level of 53 by 3:00 pm (CT) Saturday.

11 years ago '07        #757
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Jones was sucking it up for sure. Little surprised but eh thats what ya get

11 years ago '05        #758
K.B.  OP
space
space
im not surprised jones was cut i was more surprised when we signed him cuz he sucks. 13 more players to be cut...

11 years ago '07        #759
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
im not shocked by the jones release some younger backers where performing at his level and when thats the case you go with youth'

jones is only making waves off of his play a few seasons ago...he would be a good dept guy but if you can save money in the long run do it and do it now' with the way contracts are turning out the CBA would need to be increase by another 30-40mil to lock up key players

11 years ago '07        #760
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
 K.B. said
im not surprised jones was cut i was more surprised when we signed him cuz he sucks. 13 more players to be cut...
I'm surprised cuz we just signed the dude to a contract. I know he has been a.ss but yeah thats why I was kind of surprised

11 years ago '05        #761
K.B.  OP
space
space
Bengals Looking to Add a RB --
Fri Aug 31, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com
#
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Bengals could pick up a running back off the waiver wire in the next couple of days. One hint was when the New Orleans Saints practiced twice Aug. 16 with the Bengals. HC Marvin Lewis said he wanted to get a closer look at some positions where the Saints were deep. One of their deepest is running back, where they probably will waive two solid young players, RB Jamaal Branch and RB Pierre Thomas - or at least hope to try to hide them on the practice squad after they'd clear waivers.

mafu.ckas tryin to steal that n*gga from us lol

11 years ago '07        #762
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
lmao

DO NOT CUT HIM. He'll get eaten up on waivers

11 years ago '05        #763
K.B.  OP
space
space
man thomas been beastin the last few games i would hate to see him cut. he has showed alot more than pittman at this point.

11 years ago '07        #764
gorilla_proof 
space
space
$300 | Props total: 0 0
trust me pittman reminds me of portis in is running style have you seen film of him @ OSU?

give him a second but if they part ways with him now a lot of team will be calling him

11 years ago '07        #765
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
 gorilla_proof said
trust me pittman reminds me of portis in is running style have you seen film of him @ OSU?

give him a second but if they part ways with him now a lot of team will be calling him
Those clips made the OSU o-line look more impressive then Pittman. I like Antonio but he hasn't even been close to Pierre in TC/Pre-season. Sean payton said he has no bias when it comes to evaluating players. Now we'll find out if he is honest when saying that.

11 years ago '05        #766
K.B.  OP
space
space
cuts should be coming up soon....

11 years ago '07        #767
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Saintsreport has al ist

Pierre Thomas made it babY!! Pittman,Palko,Reis,David Jones are some notables.

I'm sure we would try to get all of them on the PS. Especially David Jones

11 years ago '07        #768
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
QBs (2): Drew Brees, Jamie Martin

RBs (4): Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush, Aaron Stecker, Pierre Thomas

FB (1): Mike Karney

WRs (6): Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Terrance Copper, David Patten, Lance Moore, Robert Meachem

TEs (4): Eric Johnson, Mark Campbell, Billy Miller, Johnny Owens

Ts (4): Jammal Brown, Jon Stinchcomb, Zach Strief, Jermon Bushrod

Gs (3): Jamar Nesbit, Jahri Evans, Andy Alleman

Cs (2): Jeff Faine, Jonathan Goodwin

DTs (5): Kendrick Clancy, Brian Young, Hollis Thomas, Antwan Lake, McKinley Boykin

DEs (4): Charles Grant, Will Smith, Rob Ninkovich, Josh Cooper

LBs (6): Scott Fujita, Mark Simoneau, Scott Shanle, Troy Evans, Alfred Fincher, Brian Simmons

CBs (5): Mike McKenzie, Jason David, Fred Thomas, Jason Craft, Usama Young

Ss (4): Roman Harper, Josh Bullocks, Kevin Kaesviharn, Jay Bellamy

ST (3): Olindo Mare, Steve Weatherford, Kevin Houser

I like!

11 years ago '05        #769
K.B.  OP
space
space
pierre thomas baby! i knew they was gonna cut pittman a.ss that n*gga aint sh*t. i hope david jones makes the ps tho i think he will be a nice cb.

11 years ago '07        #770
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Yeah I think he has areally good chance. I'd love to see him,Reis, & Marvin on PS. Maybe even Pittman, unlikely though.

11 years ago '05        #771
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea i dont think pittman gonna clear waivers. he might land a spot somewhere. alot of teams are desprate for rb depth right now.

11 years ago '07        #772
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
David Jones signed with the Bengals. Damn

11 years ago '05        #773
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea i was readin that on the bengals site

11 years ago '07        #774
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
players signed to PS were guard Tim Duckworth, fullback Kevin Dudley, defensive end Willie Evans, linebacker Marvin Mitchell, quarterback Tyler Palko, cornerback Anwar Phillips and safety Chris Reis.

Not bad

11 years ago '05        #775
K.B.  OP
space
space
"RB Antonio Pittman, who was waived yesterday, was claimed off of waivers by the St. Louis Rams … RB Jamaal Branch was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers"

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  45
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
138 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+66online now  38
Image(s) inside Biggest drug bust in us history!!!
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  36
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
73 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-109online now  23
NBA NASA RESPONDS with PURE ETHER to STEPHEN CURRY SAYING the MOON LANDING was..
290 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+104online now  21
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
47 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+18online now  17
Video inside Dec 11 - Build my wall or I'll shutdown the Government