New Orleans Saints

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Joel Embiid ends Karl Anthony Towns' life
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-15-2007, 07:15 PM         #441
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn.............. i really dont care that they gone but it still kinda sucks they been on the squad for a long time
 10 years ago '05        #442
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
Bringing the first of their draft picks under contract, the New Orleans Saints announced Monday that they have signed both of their 2007 third-round draft choices, cornerback Usama Young and guard Andy Alleman to three-year contracts. The announcement was made by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

"I'm glad we were able to get these deals done quickly," Loomis said. "These players have been working hard in our offseason program and it's great to know that we will have them ready to go when training camp opens next month."

Young, a 6-foot, 194-pound cornerback out of Kent State University, was the Saints' second pick of the April draft and the first of their two third-round selections. Taken with the 66th overall pick, Young was a four-year starter for Kent State, opening 37 of the 45 games he played in his collegiate career.

The native of Largo, Md. amassed 198 tackles for the Golden Flashes along with nine interceptions, 21 pass defenses, three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and a blocked kick. Young was a second-team All-Mid American Conference selection as a senior.

Alleman is a powerful athlete who has made a seamless transition from playing defensive line in his first two collegiate seasons to the interior of the offensive line after transferring from Pittsburgh to the University of Akron. The Saints made the 6-foot-4, 302-pound guard their second pick of the third round and the 88th overall selection of the draft.

Hailing from Greentown, Ohio, Alleman started both seasons he played at Akron after sitting out a transfer year in 2004. He played in 25 games for the Zips, starting 24 of them at right guard. Formerly a defensive tackle, Alleman brings knowledge of both sides of the ball to his blocking responsibilities.

In another personnel announcement, the team released fullback Keith Greer and tight end Robert Johnson. Greer was a rookie who had signed with the club as a free agent in late April. Johnson originally joined the team as a member of the practice squad in late 2006.
 10 years ago '05        #443
K.B.  OP
space
space
im really glad that they signed these two guys, they both seem to have bright futures.
 10 years ago '07        #444
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
David Jones was signed too. He is a great kick returner and might be the Beerman's replacement.
 06-16-2007, 08:50 PM         #445
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Top 50 players in the league:

15. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints: He showed a lot skeptics -- including this writer -- that he wasn't just a product of the San Diego offense. He really fits with Saints coach Sean Payton's offense.

24. Jammal Brown, T, New Orleans Saints: His move from the right side to the left side was a smooth one. It earned him his first trip to the Pro Bowl. He will be there for a lot of years.

27. Will Smith, DE, New Orleans Saints: Without him, the Saints defense would be in big trouble. When the opposing offense puts up points, he pins his ears and attacks. He's a force off the edge.

Just missed: Deuce McAllister, RB, Saints; Reggie Bush, RB, Saints;

Source:
 10 years ago '05        #446
K.B.  OP
space
space
brees was too low on that list and palmer was too high
 06-16-2007, 11:40 PM         #447
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K.B. said:
brees was too low on that list and palmer was too high
true story i didnt think they would put will smith that high he should but i didnt think they would have him or jamal brown
 10 years ago '05        #448
HotboylilT 
space
space
$367 | Props total: 0 0
maaan the saints need to sign another CB...they need all the help they can get in the secondary...i know there has to be a good CB thats a free agent right now
 10 years ago '07        #449
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Na CB is actually looking pretty solid right now. Mike Mckenzie looks like he is back to his old form(which is good),Jason David looks fantastic, and the rookue Usama Young is getting a lot of good hype in camp
 10 years ago '05        #450
K.B.  OP
space
space
the secondary might be a strength on defense this season, i hope so.
 10 years ago '05        #451
K.B.  OP
space
space
Seventh-Round Pick
Marvin Mitchell Signed
by Dave Lawrence, NewOrleansSaints.com
Jun 18, 2007 – 3:00 pm

The New Orleans Saints have signed their 2007 seventh-round draft choice linebacker Marvin Mitchell to a three-year contract, it was announced today by Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. With the signing, the Saints now have four of their seven picks from the April draft under contract.

"Marvin is a strong young player and he's adapted well to our system through the minicamps and OTAs," Loomis said. "He's a real competitor who will push hard for a spot in our linebacker corps during training camp."

Mitchell was taken by the Saints with the 220th overall selection in the draft following a solid college career at the University of Tennessee. The 6-foot-3-inch, 249-pound linebacker was a team captain for the Volunteers during his senior season where he served as the team's starting middle linebacker, opening all 13 games in the 2006 season.

For his career, Mitchell started 15 of the 40 games he played and registered 154 tackles (120 solo), one sack, an interception, four pass defenses and three forced fumbles. The Norfolk, Va. native led UT in tackles as a senior, making 104 stops and forcing two fumbles.
 10 years ago '07        #452
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Good to see us signing these guys so quickly.
 10 years ago '07        #453
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Man Kenny WIlkerson says Patten is a lock to make the team(probably as our #2) I didn't know the coaches liked him that much. Makes sense I guess.. I like Devery as the #3 making the big down the field catches
 10 years ago '05        #454
K.B.  OP
space
space
idk if devery is ready to be a #2 dude has some confidence issues. how is patten anyway
 10 years ago '05        #455
K.B.  OP
space
space
Saints Sign Fourth-Round Pick
Jermon Bushrod
by Dave Lawrence, NewOrleansSaints.com
Jun 20, 2007 – 4:15 pm

The New Orleans Saints have signed offensive tackle Jermon Bushrod, one of their two 2007 fourth-round draft choices, to a three-year contract, Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Wednesday.

"Jermon is a talented young player and we're glad to have him signed with plenty of time before training camp," Loomis said. "He is someone who will bring added depth to an area of our team that is already strong and will play a role in our success this season."

Bushrod fits the bill as an NFL offensive tackle with quick feet and ideal size, standing 6-feet-5-inches and weighing 315 pounds. He was the Saints' second pick of the fourth round and the 125th overall selection in the draft.

A native of King George, Va., Bushrod was a four-year starter at Towson. He took over the starting duties at left tackle midway through his redshirt freshman season in 2003 and opened each of the final 38 games of his collegiate career, earning All-Atlantic 10 Conference honors as a senior in 2006.

Last edited by K.B.; 06-20-2007 at 05:58 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #456
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
DAMN!!!!!! START THE SEASON ALREADY!!!!!!! :banghead:
 10 years ago '07        #457
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Just signed Pittman(3-year deal) Meachem is the only pick left to sign! Great job by loomis with the picks this year
 10 years ago '05        #458
K.B.  OP
space
space
man i just hope meachem dont turn out like that other tenn. wr we drafted.....
 10 years ago '04        #459
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
 K.B. said:
man i just hope meachem dont turn out like that other tenn. wr we drafted.....
Stallworth was developing into an OK receiver....unfortunately he had Brooks as his QB...i think he woulda been ok with Brees honestly.....he woulda been a better version of Devery Henderson IMO.....
 10 years ago '05        #460
K.B.  OP
space
space
idk he was kinda iffy about goin over tha middle and hangin on to that ball. devery and him both have questionable hands at time tho.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy