New Orleans Saints

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #361
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
the way i heard copper and henderson stepping up, even jamaal jones been lookin impressive, he is in danger of maybe gettin into #4 spot which isnt a bad thing cuz we were quite fine with our set from last season.
 11 years ago '07        #362
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Man we have so much depth

Colston
Meachem
Patten
Henderson
Lewis
Jones
Moore
Copper

I think Beerman is pretty much gone since we have younger faster guys. It will suck to see him go but eh its a business
 11 years ago '05        #363
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea looks like brees gonna have alot of weapons this year and years to come.
 11 years ago '07        #364
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
When does Training Camp start?
 11 years ago '05        #365
K.B.  OP
space
space
 11 years ago '05        #366
K.B.  OP
space
space
Saints expect Meachem back for training camp
Posted by Jimmy Smith June 06, 2007 11:47AM
By Jimmy Smith
Staff writer

Saints rookie wide receiver Robert Meachem should be back for the beginning of training camp when the team holds its first workout July 26 after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a damaged medial meniscus cartilage in his right knee.

The news wasn't as good for safety/special teamer Steve Gleason, who underwent a microfracture procedure on his right knee in Birmingham, Ala., Tuesday afternoon that will sideline him for at least eight weeks, Coach Sean Payton said Wednesday.

Team orthopedist Tim Finney performed Meachem's surgery Tuesday morning while Gleason's was performed by Dr. James Andrews.

"They repaired some meniscus and the procedure went real well," Payton said of Meachem's surgery. "The approach we've taken, and I mentioned this two days ago, was to be smart about it and it was something we felt like we could have managed it. At the same time, with the soreness he had, we felt it would be better to go in and clean it up. Coming away from that scope, the doctors felt real good about it.

"From a rehabilitation standpoint, the time frame we're looking at is real conducive to getting him back for camp so he doesn't miss any time at all."

Meachem's time with the Saints since the late April draft has been marked by injury. He sprained his left ankle in the first practice of rookie camp in mid-May after arriving admittedly out of shape. He was held out of the final two minicamp practices over the weekend because of the cartilage problem in his right knee.

Gleason's surgery, a procedure generally described on Andrews' Web site as an arthroscopic, removed unstable cartilage from the bone and thoroughly cleaned the knee so that the cartilage can heal optimally.

Andrews' Web site indicates that patients who undergo this procedure can begin placing weight on the knee in eight weeks. That would put the Saints nearly a month into their summer camp.

"Steve's is a little more complicated and longer from the rehab standpoint," Payton said. "He's meant a lot. He's a guy who understands his (special teams) role. He's been real important to our team and organization. I'm sure it's frustrating to him to have this setback. And hopefully it's just a setback.

"There have been a number of plays he's been instrumental in our success on special teams, the obvious is the first home game last year. He's a guy who understands his role and works hard at it. We'll see how he comes back off this and remain optimistic and go from there. That's all we can do."

11 years ago '05        #367
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
thats good to hear.
 11 years ago '04        #368
Balla B 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,192 | Props total: 81 81
i don't think i've ever been as excited for a Saints season to start as I am for this one...that first game against the Colts is gonna be a whopper
 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM         #369
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think i can easily say that as long as we have brees, reggie, and a healthy o line we are a lock to make the playoffs every year from here on out i never thought i would be able to type this sentence about the saints..............................

O yeah what do ya'll think about us getting rid of Duece after this season.....Personaly i dont want him to go i think him and reggie together are the best running back duo since marcus allen and bo jackson in my opinion better, but it does make sense financialy

Last edited by lilt9484; 06-06-2007 at 07:29 PM..
 11 years ago '07        #370
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
I remember reading somewhere that getting rid of Deuce would actually be a bad cap move.
 11 years ago '05        #371
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea i remember hearin that it would be a bad cap move but u never know wat is workin on tha inside of payton's mind we just gonna have to wait until this season over.
 11 years ago '04        #372
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
i dont see any reason why they would let Deuce go....Reggie, IMO, isn't yet ready to be a 30-35 touch per game guy just yet....that tandem just works PERFECTLY the way it is now...
 06-07-2007, 08:15 AM         #373
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man brew breez is that n*gga

i had him and brett favre in my fantasy football....and tha sh*t was MAJOR

brett favre 1 n breez 2 in my books
 11 years ago '05        #374
K.B.  OP
space
space
Thanks to Matt at saintsreport.com for producing another great highlight vid.

11 years ago '07        #375
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Saints sign DT Clancy from the Cardinals. I dont really know much about him but everyone on SR seems pretty pumped up about him.
 11 years ago '07        #376
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
 K.B. said:
Thanks to Matt at saintsreport.com for producing another great highlight vid.

I knew the block was gonna be #1 Nice top 10
 11 years ago '05        #377
K.B.  OP
space
space
yea they signed dude from the cardinals im guessin to rotate with thomas.
 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM         #378
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who yall think gona shine from yall team this year ?
 11 years ago '07        #379
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
I dunno its usually hard to pick just one player from a super bowl bound team.
 06-08-2007, 11:54 AM         #380
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sonof504 said:
I dunno its usually hard to pick just one player from a super bowl bound team.
yea i fell yuh man...saint did they thing this year

and surprisingly mike mckenzie was shuttin it down ....would you say that the saint has a no name D????

and the wrs core is dope colston and henderson straight speed and agility...and breez knows how to place that ball right in there hands

and duce...well hes duce he do his thing......i been watchin him truck people when they drafted him in 01......and when arron brooks was decent
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy