New Orleans Saints

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '07        #301
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Yeah I saw that earlier great stuff! btw ignore my extremely gay comment on there
 05-08-2007, 10:19 PM         #302
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that kid is sick..........
 11 years ago '07        #303
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
*hopes you're talking about Bush*
 11 years ago '05        #304
K.B.  OP
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
this n*gga stay crackin me up
 05-10-2007, 01:25 AM         #305
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm just wondering why you keep making gay refernces thats like 3 times in a row you scarin me dog
 11 years ago '05        #306
K.B.  OP
space
space
Gus Kattengell Reporting

Call it “the curse of the first rounder”, but, just like rookie mini camp last year, where running back Reggie Bush tweaked a hamstring, this year's Saints top draft pick suffered an injury before the three-day workouts came to an end. Receiver Robert Meachem suffered a left ankle sprain during Sunday’s morning workout that had him wearing a boot style air cast on his ankle Sunday afternoon. For the former Volunteer, it is the latest setback in a weekend that has been less than stellar.

“Yesterday, it didn’t go as well as I wanted it to go as far as fatigue I would say. I’m doing well in spurts. I figure once I get in better shape I can show coaches what I can do.” Meachem, by his own admission, has been hurt in the workouts by how out of shape he is as he has dropped passes and struggled to leave a good impression on head coach Sean Payton.

“He struggled some. He’s had some blister issues with his feet. He’s overweight,” Payton said following Sunday morning’s practice. “He tweaked his ankle in the morning practice, so it hadn’t been all rosy for him. You know he’s been on that first round tour these guys go on where they visit all these teams and eat a lot of fun dinners, and it looks like it. He’s got a ways to go.”

Meachem says he visited as many as nine teams before the draft, and that, without question, hurt his conditioning. “Every visit they give you a big old meal and things of that nature. I tried to workout when I could, but I don’t think I got enough workouts in,” said Meachem. “As for the ankle injury, I took a wrong step. I stuck outside of my body instead of sticking inside of my body.”

A very contrite Meachem felt disappointed that this weekend’s camp will end without him accomplishing his pre-camp goal of leaving Payton happy they selected him in the first round. “They drafted me as a first round draft pick, and I can’t show them why they got a first round pick out of me. You have a lot of people back home wanting to see you do good, and for me to come in and not be in the shape I was supposed to be in,” said Meachem. “For me it’s frustrating because I’m hurting them I think as well.”

Meachem says he has received some words of advice from receiver Marques Colston. “He told me that he probably got in his best shape during OTAs, and, for me, I’m going to try and get in my best shape during OTAs as well.”

The ankle injury shouldn’t keep the Saints first round pick from participating in June’s team mini camp.

BIG DT THOMAS CUT

“He had a brief career,” is how Saints head coach Sean Payton referred to the 6-4, 375 pound mammoth Walt Thomas a day after cutting him early into the team’s first practice on Saturday. Thomas had become a bit of folk hero for Saints fans primarily based on stats like his size, speed and shoe size (16), but when it came down to playing football on the field, he wasn’t worth the time. “From a conditioning standpoint, he had a long way to go. He was 12-13 minutes into practice and struggled,” said Payton. “He went into the training room to get some treatment, and we had just gotten into the second or third period of practice. That’s basically where it was at.”

When asked what was the quickest cut he had ever seen in his career Payton said, “I don’t know. I don’t know, maybe this one is up there.”

@ big walt bein cut in less than 15 minutes
 11 years ago '05        #307
WestbankThugBoy 23 heat pts23
space
space
$13,478 | Props total: 2826 2826
 K.B. said:
Thanks to matt at saintsreport for this enjoy bi*ches.....

best fu*kin highlight film you can see from anybody EVER!!!! and that was only his rookie season, damn!!!! :wow: :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #308
K.B.  OP
space
space
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WestbankThugBoy again.

gotta spread some rep im get u later fam
 11 years ago '07        #309
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Well the Walter era ended pretty fast lol
 11 years ago '07        #310
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
I went to my first Saints game last year against the Skins. Man was that a bad choice
 11 years ago '07        #311
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
 lilt9484 said:
i'm just wondering why you keep making gay refernces thats like 3 times in a row you scarin me dog
Sorry its carrying over from the general discussion board. I'll try to stop it
 11 years ago '05        #312
K.B.  OP
space
space
IN MANY WAYS, BIRDS' FOCUS IS ON NEW ORLEANS

BACK IN THE day, back when the Boston Celtics
acquired Dennis Johnson just so they could have somebody to try to put the handcuffs on the Sixers' Andrew Toney, you could build your team that way. In that sport, in that time, the notion that you would construct yourself to counter a specific opponent made sense because the sporting world was more orderly and predictable.

The NFL is not like that, and 2007 is not like that. So the notion that the Eagles have just spent the offseason retooling in response to the way they were beaten by the New Orleans Saints in the playoffs is probably too simplistic. For all any of us knows, the Saints will stumble this season after breaking out under coach Sean Payton in 2006. In the salary-capped world of the NFL, there are too many moving parts, too many variables, too much parity. Keeping your eye on the ball means keeping your eyes moving constantly. To fixate on one team, on one spot, a.ssures that you will miss the next move.

That said, the Saints do kind of hang over everything on NovaCare Way - even acknowledging that the Bears ended up winning the NFC, and the Colts ended up winning the Super Bowl, and the Patriots still scare everybody most of all. The Saints look like the team that has a chance to be there for a long time in the NFC, and they are on the Eagles' schedule again this season, just before Christmas.

"I've got that game circled on the calendar about three or four times," All-Pro guard Shawn Andrews was saying the other day. His reasons are more personal, though. He suffered a scary neck injury in the playoff loss, a contusion that sent him to the hospital, and while he won't talk about it, there is some kind of personal issue that he seems to feel needs settling. Whatever.

Andrews is fine now, same as always, all full of personality, showing off a new haircut in the locker room at the Eagles' minicamp, a mohawk kind of thing that he insists you refer to as a "bro-hawk." But when you ask him about the Saints - who ran all over the Eagles' defense, who prevented the Eagles from scoring down near the goal line in a crucial fourth-quarter sequence, who played shootout football and played ball-control football and did them both simultaneously - he turns serious.

"If you want to focus on that game, if that's your personal opinion, you're not alone," Andrews said. "A lot of people do and I can't say that you're wrong. We know what we have to do as a team, and we know what we have to do to better ourselves. We take from that what we can but we also move on."

You ask the same question to coach Andy Reid and he says that, ultimately, you can't fixate on the one game, the one loss.

At the same time, he said, "As far as making yourself into a good football team, I would say it's the freshest one on your mind, in particular when you're in the playoffs and you get beat by a team."

It is impossible not to see the influence that game had on the ensuing months - or, maybe more accurately, it might just be that the Saints playoff loss merely crystallized on one January evening the months of flaws and frustrations that the Eagles had been gradually uncovering all along.

You cannot say the result has been a revolution, but we are seeing a fast philosophical evolution taking place.

People in the organization scoffed when linebacker Jeremiah Trotter, in his frustration after the Eagles were run over during a regular-season game in Indianapolis, made the observation that the defense was just too small. But they have gotten bigger almost everywhere on defense in the offseason.

Run defense didn't used to matter to defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, provided some unspoken tipping point was not reached. Well, the Saints apparently tipped it. Now, run defense matters. Now, the Eagles even have deigned to sign Ian Scott, a defensive tackle described as a run stopper.

Run offense. The transformation began in the middle of last season, and there is now a vow to continue balancing this thing out, even after Donovan McNabb returns at quarterback. The drafting of Penn State running back Tony Hunt, the kind of between-the-tackles runner who has so often been an afterthought for the Eagles, seems to have provided some emphatic punctuation - and remind everyone of the touchdown that got away near the end of that Saints game.

But it is even more subtle than those points. When nickel linebacker Shawn Barber left the Saints game with an ankle injury, it did two things: mark the now-departed Barber as too much of an injury risk, once and for all, and mark Trotter as a guy who can never again be put in a position to play a ton of pass coverage. And, so, you see the remaking of the linebacking corps.

There are other things, too - maybe even including the arrival of Australian punter Saverio Rocca to compete with Dirk Johnson. That Saints game really does loom large around here, be it as Exhibit A or as a window to the Eagles' soul.

Source:

I thought this was an interestin article. nice to see a team worried bout us instead of tha other way around.
 11 years ago '04        #313
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,646 | Props total: 2885 2885
Congressman wants strong action against Vick
NFL.com wire reports

(May 18, 2007) -- A California congressman has joined the cause against Michael Vick, firing off a letter that urged NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to "act swiftly and forcefully" if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in dog f!ghting on his former property.

U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) pointed out that he's a senior member of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which two years ago held highly publicized hearings on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.

Lantos raised the prospect of government intervention if the NFL fails to discipline Vick.

"I am outraged that one of the National Football League's superstars is affiliated with such a heinous enterprise," Lantos wrote.

Last month, police raised a Virginia home owned by Vick and allegedly found evidence of a major dog-f!ghting operation, including dozens off malnourished and injured dogs. The quarterback has denied any wrongdoing, and no criminal charges have been filed against him.

Vick has since sold the home.

"The level of cruelty involved in exploiting animals to the point that 60 malnourished and injured dogs were removed from Mr. Vick's property is mind boggling," Lantos said. "I will view anything less than the strongest repudiation of Mr. Vick's involvement as tacit support for this atrocious activity."

The NFL has said repeatedly it is investigating the case to determine if Vick violated the commissioner's tougher standards for players who run afoul of the law. Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts reiterated the team's policy of not commenting until the investigation is completed.

Calling himself a longtime advocate of animal welfare, Lantos joined two prominent animal-rights groups that have called on Goodell to suspend or ban any players involved in dog f!ghting.

"As evidence of Mr. Vick's involvement mounts, I implore you to act swiftly and forcefully," the congressman wrote. "Your strong rebuke of dog f!ghting -- and those who promote it -- will send the message that this all-too-prevalent practice has no place in a civilized society."

In a not-so-subtle threat of possible congressional action, Lantos reminded the commissioner of his committee's efforts to weed out those who use performance-enhancing drugs.

"I also suggest you educate your players on the illegality and cruelty of dog f!ghting to prevent this from happening again," Lantos wrote. "It is my hope that the issue of animal f!ghting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes."

AP NEWS
The a.ssociated Press News Service

Copyright 2007, The a.ssociated Press, All Rights Reserved

11 years ago '07        #314
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Down with Vick
 11 years ago '07        #315
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
OTA started today and I think they said Brees looked to be in mid-season form. Unfortunately Saintsreport gave me a 7-day ban:(
 11 years ago '07        #316
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
As the New Orleans Saints got back on the practice field Tuesday for the first of their OTA sessions, second-year safety Roman Harper was probably one of the happiest players wearing a gold helmet.

After winning a starting position in the secondary during his rookie training camp last summer, Harper saw his 2006 campaign cut short with a knee injury suffered against Tampa Bay in the fifth game of the season.

Tuesday morning's practice marked Harper's return to the field, and he stepped in where he left off - playing with the first-string defense.

"That was good," Harper replied when asked how he felt to be put back out with the starters. "It felt really good and it shows the confidence that they have in me even though I got hurt last year. I guess they believe in what I did early and I showed them that I can still play a little bit. I'm pretty confident on how I'm coming along."

The former University of Alabama defensive back said that he felt good about his performance on his first day back and felt that the hard work he and the training staff had put in over the months he missed had paid off.

"No, not from what I noticed today," Harper answered when asked if he was concerned that his knee would hold up. "Today was a good learning day and we weren't trying to do too much on it, but as we go on through the OTAs we'll see. It's all mental really, how my confidence comes to jump or plant. You've got to be mentally strong and believe that you're going to make that play when you come out of the break."

One thing that being forced to watch from the sidelines taught Harper was just how much he loves to play the game he's played all of his life.

"It made me hungry. It made me miss it so much more. I've never been hurt before and this was the longest I've ever been away from football so it seems like I've been gone for 12 years, but it's coming along and I'm happy to be back running around out there. It felt good to put on my jersey again."

Really like this guy so thats great to hear.
 11 years ago '05        #317
K.B.  OP
space
space
i seen about tha ota's on tha news tonight harper was lookin good in tha drills. wat tha fu*k u do to get a 7 day ban on there lmao
 11 years ago '07        #318
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
I dissed Talman Gardner's cousin
 11 years ago '05        #319
K.B.  OP
space
space
Taking that concept across the league, we present our All-Shorts Team: 12 rookies who caught the attention of their teams.

Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings. What popped out most were his receiving skills, which he rarely had a chance to display at Oklahoma. Running a lot of swing routes and checkdowns, Peterson wowed the Vikings with his ability to extend his arms and catch the call,

Usama Young, CB, Saints. New Orleans may have landed another small-school gem. Young, a Kent State product, drew praise from coach Sean Payton after showing up in excellent shape and making good breaks on the ball. He intercepted one pass and broke up several others. Not bad for a guy who didn't get invited to the Scouting Combine.

Steve Smith, WR, Giants. He looked polished, ran good routes and made a leaping one-handed catch during a 7-on-7 drill. Just about what you'd expect from a prospect out of Southern California.

Trent Edwards, QB, Bills. Edwards exceeded the team's expectations in the windy conditions at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He showed a quick release and a strong arm -- and he was accurate.

Adam Carriker, DT, Rams. He took most of his snaps inside and displayed the same characteristics -- stoutness, hand explosiveness, ability to collapse the pocket -- that made him the Big 12's defensive lineman of the year in 2006 as an end at Nebraska. The Rams are hoping Carriker will be able to play both the 3 technique and nose tackle positions. If he can, he will relieve a longtime headache for the team.

Buster Davis, LB, Cardinals. The 5-9 Davis was like a water bug, covering a lot of ground and making a lot of plays -- just like he did at Florida State.

James Jones, WR, Packers. The third-round pick from San Jose State was quick and explosive in and out of his cuts, and he plucked every pass thrown his direction.

Kevin Kolb, QB, Eagles. Donovan McNabb won't like hearing it, but Kolb showed a strong arm and mobility.

Mike Walker, WR, Jaguars. A third-round pick from Central Florida, Walker did enough good things to elicit positive reactions from coach Jack Del Rio and quarterback Byron Leftwich.

Scott Chandler, TE, Chargers. Chandler, a 6-7 target, regularly got open down the seam and on corner routes.

Johnny Baldwin, LB, Lions. A fifth-round pick from Alabama A&M -- and another player whose invitation to the Combine got lost in the mail -- Baldwin worked out at middle linebacker. He displayed what defensive coaches desire most in their players -- speed.

Kenny Irons, RB, Bengals. He impressed coach Marvin Lewis with his cutting ability on the field and his resolve off it. After missing his flight to Cincinnati, Irons flew to Dayton, arranged his own transportation and arrived at the Bengals' complex in time for a mandatory team meeting.
 11 years ago '05        #320
K.B.  OP
space
space
1. New Orleans: This is more than helping a reeling region regain its big-event mojo; it's about restoring the nation's biggest sporting spectacle to its rightful home, the glorious city where music, nightlife, logistical convenience and unparalleled food so blessedly collide.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago