Jan 23 - 50 Cent Producer Commits Suicide

most viewed right now
Video inside Eye witnesses tell what happened, XXX refused to give up car
259 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Bleacher Report: Spurs Could Acquire Kevin Love & Kemba Walker In 3-Team B..
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA A Delusional Carmelo Anthony Getting Roasted For His Bootleg Championship ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Drake: “June 28th at Midnight”
181 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #41
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
damn whats goin on w/ every1 man. R.I.P.
 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM         #42
phayze514 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bang 0n Em said:
lol @ just read when sh*t came out in 05

its 07 now...
I actually have every issue of Scratch. and when I saw dude's name I remember they did a feature on him..so I went back to that issue and re-read it..duhhh sorry should of made that clearer for some of y'all..
 01-23-2007, 05:18 PM         #43
BeYonCe_K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rip..ski Mask Way Was A Sick a.ss Beat..
 01-23-2007, 05:20 PM         #44
51/50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats pretty fu*ked up really, he was producin' some tracks for some groups here in Brasil, it was a mixtape released last year with a lot of tracks produced by him, God bless his tormented soul
 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM         #45
Da Playboy13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P, all I can say now
 01-23-2007, 05:28 PM         #46
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f*cked up man, Detroit does that to your spirit! This sh*t got my mind kinda off right now. Sad sh*t!
 11 years ago '05        #47
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,057 | Props total: 1 1
r.i.p
 01-23-2007, 05:40 PM         #48
phayze514 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
..from an article in the Montreal Mirror

Disco D on flame wars, freaking out the favelas and funking up Kevin Federline

by RAF KATIGBAK

A conversation with Dave Shayman, aka Disco D, is like one of his early ghettotech mixtapes—dirty, raw, fast and full of surprises. “I’ve been hated on for my entire fu*kin’ career, I still get hated on,” enthuses Shayman. “Lil’ kids on these hip hop message boards going, ‘Disco D has a tranny Brazilian girlfriend,’ and ‘He’s a fu*kin’ Jewish f*g**t’ and all this—I don’t care! fu*k you, I make the best beats like, kiss my a.ss, so what.”

While outspoken in person, Shayman’s track record speaks louder than any punk-ass 13-year-old with Internet access ever could. At 17, he became one of the youngest Michigan DJs to champion the hyperactive regional hybrid known as ghettotech, culminating in his A Night at the b00ty Bar Vol. 1 mix on Tommy Boy. His early ghettotech productions and connects later helped pave the way for his getting a beat on 50 Cent’s platinum-selling album The Massacre (on “Ski Mask Way”). Since then, he’s been blowing up something fierce. Now, splitting his time between Brazil and Brooklyn, Shayman is adding the up-and-coming baile funk sound to his repertoire. The Mirror caught up with Shayman at his home in Brooklyn to talk beats, Brazil and working with Britney’s babydaddy.

Mirror: Did you grow up in Detroit, or more outside the city?

Disco D: Are you kidding? Definitely outside the city. The city’s crazy, man. I grew up in Ann Arbour, a college town. It’s far enough away to have a cool, calm upbringing, but close enough to have a mad diverse racial and musical mix, access to Detroit radios and clubs, know what I’m sayin’?

M: Did that affect your street cred in Detroit? I know you caught flack from DJs like Godfather and a.ssault when you started.

DD: Godfather ain’t from the city either, man! He’s fu*kin’ from the northern suburbs, I’m from the western side—what’s the difference?! All I gotta say to that is, yeah, I caught flack, but those guys are all my boys now—c’mon, they’re all my boys. I’ve done just as much for that music as they did. They’re haters, man

M: I gotta ask you about Kevin Federline—you’re producing five tracks on his new album, you’re catching a lot of heat for that online.

DD: I don’t give a fu*k. I went to the University of Michigan, got a bachelor’s in business marketing and corporate strategy, you know? It’s all about number of impressions, man. When I reply to keep those threads going, and let people think I care, it’s just to keep it at the top of the page. It’s all fu*king marketing, dude. I have a guaranteed five songs on that album, that’s gonna be worth so much money, dude. Not only that, some of his sh*t’s really good. He’s working with Game now, all the Black Wall Street dudes, he’s got mad co-signs gong on, you guys don’t know anything about Federline. Federline is the ultimate pimp, he’s the number-one pimp in the world. Anyone that talks sh*t about him is just fu*kin’ jealous, ’cause look, he fu*kin’ split with his girl that was two months pregnant with his kid, to fu*kin’ go off on tour with Britney Spears, made her fall in love with him, fu*kin’ like, made her propose to him, video-taped the whole damn thing, got her to pay for the engagement ring, got married, sold the damn tape with her to MTV, made 30 per cent of the money, and got her pregnant. He’s the most talked-about man in the paparazzi. So dude, that dude is absolutely brilliant. Whether he can rap or not, you gotta respect that dude.

Funky and fearless

M: You cover a lot of territory in the studio—baile funk, ghettotech, hip hop. Is it hard to switch up production styles sometimes?

DD: It’s the same sh*t, but infused with a different regional sound. It all stems from Miami bass, really. So being the fact that I don’t consider myself Brazilian, but [rambles on in Portuguese]. You understand Portuguese?

M: Ummmm... no.

DD: You see what I’m saying, though? It’s the same sh*t, now that I live there. For me, it’s no stress to do a song like “Ski Mask Way” ’cause I was living in a grimy-ass basement with no natural light, and rats chewing holes in the ceiling and sh*t. It wasn’t a stretch, emotionally. Of course, now I’m living in a pimp-ass sixth-floor place. Then there’s the baile funk stuff ’cause, fu*k, you know, I just spent two weeks running around the favelas in Rio, shooting two music videos and an EPK documentary, with more fu*kin’ machine guns and grenades than I seen in my fu*kin’ life.

M: Sounds pretty safe.

DD: At this point, I’m already so down with these guys [rambles on in Portuguese again]. Dude, two of the biggest funk artists made a song about me called “Gringo Luoco,” about how I go into the hood with no bulletproofing and everyone respects me. sh*t, I ran around Detroit since I was 15, I ran around Kingston. I mean, dude, I’m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I’m not scared of anything, know what I’m sayin’? I don’t give a fu*k, dude—to me, life’s a big video game.

source:
 11 years ago '05        #49
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,888 | Props total: 297 297
dang r.i.p
 11 years ago '07        #50
Golden 
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
Thats crazy mad tragic. Danm
 01-23-2007, 06:48 PM         #51
miguelakatuto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
being around 50 made him do it
 01-23-2007, 06:58 PM         #52
yanboyz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ski mask way was the sh*t

RIP another fallen souljah
 11 years ago '06        #53
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,129 | Props total: 476 476
RIP Disco D
 01-23-2007, 07:12 PM         #54
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh well
 11 years ago '05        #55
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 167 167
ski mask way is my song............ rip...
 01-23-2007, 08:58 PM         #56
The Most $hady 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
payin respects. RIP. nowadays it seems like someone important dies almost every day. sh*t's depressing
 11 years ago '04        #57
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
space
$44,463 | Props total: 15532 15532
The Pressure Most Have Gotten To Him

RIP
 01-23-2007, 09:16 PM         #58
CoSmiX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P., D. He was my boy & helped my website out when I first got it started. He was just on AIM a few nights ago. I don't know what happened, but much love.
 11 years ago '04        #59
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 286 286
ski mask way was crack
 01-23-2007, 09:17 PM         #60
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ski mask way? one of the hottest beats on the cd!!! dude was talented. r.i.p
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacion’s Ex-Girlfriend Reacts To His Untimely Death, "Y’all Don’..
61 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phatty But She Doesn't Model or Thot it Out
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Rio Chapo (XXXTENTACIONS KILLER) talks about killing him on instagram l..
197 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The ass that got away
37 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Highly respected street rappers that you think are soft?
228 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pics From The Terminator Reboot Set Reveal "The New Face Of The Franchise"
71 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 6 MENU ITEMS McDonalds WORKERS say to NEVER ORDER :mjdamn:
168 comments
23 hours ago