Jan 23 - 50 Cent Producer Commits Suicide

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinxís Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #41
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
damn whats goin on w/ every1 man. R.I.P.
 01-23-2007, 06:11 PM         #42
phayze514 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bang 0n Em said:
lol @ just read when sh*t came out in 05

its 07 now...
I actually have every issue of Scratch. and when I saw dude's name I remember they did a feature on him..so I went back to that issue and re-read it..duhhh sorry should of made that clearer for some of y'all..
 01-23-2007, 06:18 PM         #43
BeYonCe_K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rip..ski Mask Way Was A Sick a.ss Beat..
 01-23-2007, 06:20 PM         #44
51/50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats pretty fu*ked up really, he was producin' some tracks for some groups here in Brasil, it was a mixtape released last year with a lot of tracks produced by him, God bless his tormented soul
 01-23-2007, 06:24 PM         #45
Da Playboy13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P, all I can say now
 01-23-2007, 06:28 PM         #46
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f*cked up man, Detroit does that to your spirit! This sh*t got my mind kinda off right now. Sad sh*t!
 11 years ago '05        #47
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,056 | Props total: 0 0
r.i.p
 01-23-2007, 06:40 PM         #48
phayze514 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
..from an article in the Montreal Mirror

Disco D on flame wars, freaking out the favelas and funking up Kevin Federline

by RAF KATIGBAK

A conversation with Dave Shayman, aka Disco D, is like one of his early ghettotech mixtapesódirty, raw, fast and full of surprises. ďIíve been hated on for my entire fu*kiní career, I still get hated on,Ē enthuses Shayman. ďLilí kids on these hip hop message boards going, ĎDisco D has a tranny Brazilian girlfriend,í and ĎHeís a fu*kiní Jewish f*g**tí and all thisóI donít care! fu*k you, I make the best beats like, kiss my a.ss, so what.Ē

While outspoken in person, Shaymanís track record speaks louder than any punk-ass 13-year-old with Internet access ever could. At 17, he became one of the youngest Michigan DJs to champion the hyperactive regional hybrid known as ghettotech, culminating in his A Night at the b00ty Bar Vol. 1 mix on Tommy Boy. His early ghettotech productions and connects later helped pave the way for his getting a beat on 50 Centís platinum-selling album The Massacre (on ďSki Mask WayĒ). Since then, heís been blowing up something fierce. Now, splitting his time between Brazil and Brooklyn, Shayman is adding the up-and-coming baile funk sound to his repertoire. The Mirror caught up with Shayman at his home in Brooklyn to talk beats, Brazil and working with Britneyís babydaddy.

Mirror: Did you grow up in Detroit, or more outside the city?

Disco D: Are you kidding? Definitely outside the city. The cityís crazy, man. I grew up in Ann Arbour, a college town. Itís far enough away to have a cool, calm upbringing, but close enough to have a mad diverse racial and musical mix, access to Detroit radios and clubs, know what Iím sayiní?

M: Did that affect your street cred in Detroit? I know you caught flack from DJs like Godfather and a.ssault when you started.

DD: Godfather ainít from the city either, man! Heís fu*kiní from the northern suburbs, Iím from the western sideówhatís the difference?! All I gotta say to that is, yeah, I caught flack, but those guys are all my boys nowócímon, theyíre all my boys. Iíve done just as much for that music as they did. Theyíre haters, man

M: I gotta ask you about Kevin Federlineóyouíre producing five tracks on his new album, youíre catching a lot of heat for that online.

DD: I donít give a fu*k. I went to the University of Michigan, got a bachelorís in business marketing and corporate strategy, you know? Itís all about number of impressions, man. When I reply to keep those threads going, and let people think I care, itís just to keep it at the top of the page. Itís all fu*king marketing, dude. I have a guaranteed five songs on that album, thatís gonna be worth so much money, dude. Not only that, some of his sh*tís really good. Heís working with Game now, all the Black Wall Street dudes, heís got mad co-signs gong on, you guys donít know anything about Federline. Federline is the ultimate pimp, heís the number-one pimp in the world. Anyone that talks sh*t about him is just fu*kiní jealous, ícause look, he fu*kiní split with his girl that was two months pregnant with his kid, to fu*kiní go off on tour with Britney Spears, made her fall in love with him, fu*kiní like, made her propose to him, video-taped the whole damn thing, got her to pay for the engagement ring, got married, sold the damn tape with her to MTV, made 30 per cent of the money, and got her pregnant. Heís the most talked-about man in the paparazzi. So dude, that dude is absolutely brilliant. Whether he can rap or not, you gotta respect that dude.

Funky and fearless

M: You cover a lot of territory in the studioóbaile funk, ghettotech, hip hop. Is it hard to switch up production styles sometimes?

DD: Itís the same sh*t, but infused with a different regional sound. It all stems from Miami bass, really. So being the fact that I donít consider myself Brazilian, but [rambles on in Portuguese]. You understand Portuguese?

M: Ummmm... no.

DD: You see what Iím saying, though? Itís the same sh*t, now that I live there. For me, itís no stress to do a song like ďSki Mask WayĒ ícause I was living in a grimy-ass basement with no natural light, and rats chewing holes in the ceiling and sh*t. It wasnít a stretch, emotionally. Of course, now Iím living in a pimp-ass sixth-floor place. Then thereís the baile funk stuff ícause, fu*k, you know, I just spent two weeks running around the favelas in Rio, shooting two music videos and an EPK documentary, with more fu*kiní machine guns and grenades than I seen in my fu*kiní life.

M: Sounds pretty safe.

DD: At this point, Iím already so down with these guys [rambles on in Portuguese again]. Dude, two of the biggest funk artists made a song about me called ďGringo Luoco,Ē about how I go into the hood with no bulletproofing and everyone respects me. sh*t, I ran around Detroit since I was 15, I ran around Kingston. I mean, dude, Iím bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, Iím not scared of anything, know what Iím sayiní? I donít give a fu*k, dudeóto me, lifeís a big video game.

source:
 11 years ago '05        #49
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
dang r.i.p
 11 years ago '07        #50
Golden 
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
Thats crazy mad tragic. Danm
 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM         #51
miguelakatuto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
being around 50 made him do it
 01-23-2007, 07:58 PM         #52
yanboyz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ski mask way was the sh*t

RIP another fallen souljah
 11 years ago '06        #53
J Money B&W 
space
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 374 374
RIP Disco D
 01-23-2007, 08:12 PM         #54
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh well
 11 years ago '05        #55
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 166 166
ski mask way is my song............ rip...
 01-23-2007, 09:58 PM         #56
The Most $hady 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
payin respects. RIP. nowadays it seems like someone important dies almost every day. sh*t's depressing
 11 years ago '04        #57
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11746 11746
The Pressure Most Have Gotten To Him

RIP
 01-23-2007, 10:16 PM         #58
CoSmiX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P., D. He was my boy & helped my website out when I first got it started. He was just on AIM a few nights ago. I don't know what happened, but much love.
 11 years ago '04        #59
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
ski mask way was crack
 01-23-2007, 10:17 PM         #60
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ski mask way? one of the hottest beats on the cd!!! dude was talented. r.i.p
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago