most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #841
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
I just got word when I woke up this morning that Coach Cameron changed his mind on the QB situation.

I don't get this man anymore, I'll be back this afternoon on my lunch break with some updates following the Press Conference.

Looks like we will be seeing John Beck finally after all.
 10 years ago '04        #842
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
guess whos back guess whos back

Sources: Ricky Williams reinstated after 18-month suspension

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has decided to reinstate Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams after a suspension that lasted 18 months because of Williams' violation of the league's substance abuse policy, sources told ESPN.

SportsNation

The Dolphins have been notified of the commissioner's decision. It is unknown if the team will welcome him back but it is expected they will have a two-week roster exemption to make that decision.

Williams met last week with league administrators who had raised concerns even though doctors at a Boston-area treament center where Williams spent a good portion of four months were very supportive for his reinstatement, sources said.

The administrators of the substance abuse policy were satisfied with Williams' response to their concerns, sources said, clearing the path for Goodell to reinstate him.

Williams also had written Goodell a personal letter of appeal that accompanied the medical data regarding his treatment since he had a positive test in April, which extended his one-year suspension.
 10 years ago '04        #843
space
space
Beck to start Sunday for Dolphins

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO AND JEFF DARLINGTON

The future has arrived.

Rookie quarterback John Beck will start Sunday's game against the Eagles, making his debut as the Dolphins quarterback in Philadelphia, two sources said Wednesday morning.

Coach Cam Cameron advised both Cleo Lemon and Beck of the move during meetings with each. The team believes Beck, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft, is now prepared for the promotion.

During Sunday's home loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Miami crowd chanted, ''We want Beck'' during the game. Cameron has until now resisted putting Beck in his first regular-season action, saying instead he would play the quarterback ``who gives us the best chance to win.''

But Lemon is winless in four starts at quarterback. He has three touchdown passes but four interceptions so far this season.

The highly anticipated move at quarterback was made in time to give seven more opportunities for Beck to land the Dolphins' first win of the season. Beck will now have two opportunities to gain experience before facing the 1-8 New York Jets at home.

The Dec. 2 game against the AFC rivals should become the most anticipated of the Dolphins' season, as Beck will be making his debut at Dolphin Stadium between two teams with one combined win.

The Jets' only win this season was against the Dolphins on Sept. 23.

Cameron will announce his decision to start Beck after Wednesday's practice during his regular news conference with local media.
 10 years ago '06        #844
One Less Reason 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,394 | Props total: 804 804
Finally! Something to be a little excited about this season!!! John Beck FINALLY getting to play!!! I wanna see Ricky back on the field and maybe he'll have a decent 2nd half of this season.
 10 years ago '04        #845
space
space
changed my avatar, i'm ready to support through thick and thin.

for those who want to support Beck here are some pics you can use in your avys if you desire.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 11-14-2007 at 09:54 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #846
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
im really looking foward to this sunday and watching the game.. lets go dolphins!
 10 years ago '06        #847
jj01 
space
space
$44,988 | Props total: 4711 4711
how is it ignorance? dude is bitter as hell every time somebody starts off the season on a roll, and makes an a.ss of himself, and just basically adds fuel to the fire of folks callin that team grumpy old men. if the pats werent undefeated nobody would be talkin to him, if nobody was talkin to him.....he wouldnt be in the news. why is it not worth talkin about on here?
 10 years ago '04        #848
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
^^^

ugh...i missed it

ok, im thinkin about startin beck this week in fantasy i have ginn too, or david garrard & northcutt

i understand beck is playin the eagles....i have to cut the one im not gonna play

garrard has no ints, but he throws 1 td per game(6 tds, in 6 games but he got 3 in one game)

what do yall think??
 11-15-2007, 11:26 AM         #849
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
With the first pick in the 2008 nfl draft the Miami Dolphins select....

who u guys taking?
 10 years ago '04        #850
space
space
 casper said:
^^^

ugh...i missed it

ok, im thinkin about startin beck this week in fantasy i have ginn too, or david garrard & northcutt

i understand beck is playin the eagles....i have to cut the one im not gonna play

garrard has no ints, but he throws 1 td per game(6 tds, in 6 games but he got 3 in one game)

what do yall think??

no way in this world would I start John Beck this season

if David Garrard is your only hope in fantasy then take him.
 10 years ago '04        #851
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 Joey Porter said:
"I mean, right now I'd do anything for a victory."
how about we start off small and see you actually make some plays you fu*king ghost
 10 years ago '04        #852
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
no way in this world would I start John Beck this season

if David Garrard is your only hope in fantasy then take him.
well, we start 2 qbs, palmer is my #1
 10 years ago '04        #853
space
space
Tillman Placed on IR

[pic - click to view]

Safety Travares Tillman was placed on injured reserve after it was determined that he would not be able to return from his knee injury and safety Tuff Harris was activated off of the practice squad to replace him on the 53-man roster.
John Beck Speaks Out On Being The Starter:

"The best thing was how comfortable I feel with Coach. I feel like I'm in a great situation here in Miami. I really like our coaching staff and I think the way that Coach Cameron is treating the situation is the correct way, the right way," said Beck, who trails only Ty Detmer in career completions (885), attempts (1,418) and passing yards (11,021) at BYU. "He told his quarterbacks a long time ago that you're not going to be on the field until he feels that you've earned it and I've really tried to step up my game in practice the past couple of weeks, especially since I had the opportunity to get half the snaps. I tried to work as hard as I can to prepare myself.

Now it's a day-to-day thing. I can't right now start looking at Sunday, I can't do that. Right now I've got to look at today's practice on film and when I wake up tomorrow morning I've got to be thinking about tomorrow."
 10 years ago '04        #854
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
DAVIE, Fla. -- Ricky Williams' reinstatement is complete, with the Miami Dolphins saying they'll welcome him back on the field beginning Monday.

First-year coach Cam Cameron decided to let Williams rejoin the team after they met Thursday. The NFL lifted Williams' 1 1/2-year suspension Wednesday.

"The meeting was positive," Cameron said. "He'll be a member of this team and will start with us Monday. He's a Miami Dolphin."

For months, Cameron had been mum regarding whether he would want Williams. In May, when discussing Williams' latest relapse, the coach said it's difficult to salvage the careers of troubled players.

Cameron said his players supported the decision to welcome the 2002 NFL rushing leader -- perhaps in large part because the Dolphins are desperate for help. They're 0-9 heading into Sunday's game at Philadelphia.

"Circumstances have changed," Cameron said. "However, you still rely on the leadership of your locker room and quality professionals like we have, and you get their input, and that was the major part of the decision."

Williams could play as soon as the game at Pittsburgh on Monday, Nov. 26.

Williams, 30, was suspended in April 2006 after violating the league drug policy for the fourth time. His return was delayed when he tested positive again for marijuana last spring.

After meeting with Cameron, Williams watched the start of practice from behind a window in the players' lounge as he ate an apple. Later, during a brief news conference, he struggled to answer the first question.

"My motivation for coming back to the NFL? Could we start with an easier question?" he said with a chuckle.

"My motivation is to get my life going again. Being out of football in the situation I was in makes it difficult, you know? I want to create a better life for myself and for my family, and being a football player, for me, is a big part of that."

Williams has played in only 12 games since the summer of 2004, when his sudden retirement helped sabotage the Dolphins' season. They haven't been to the playoffs since acquiring him in a trade with New Orleans in 2002.

As part of the NFL drug program, Williams underwent therapy for the past 5 1/2 months in Boston and benefited from the treatment, said his agent, Leigh Steinberg.

"This is the program working exactly as it should -- treating a player for an underlying life problem in a positive and sophisticated way, and returning him to health," Steinberg said. "The Dolphins, or whatever team, is getting a highly motivated player with a new lease on life."

: blunt:
 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM         #855
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k ricky williams
 10 years ago '04        #856
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
hey, im wit ya scorp, somewhat...lets hope hes good tho so we got tradebait

plus hes cheap
 10 years ago '04        #857
space
space
he isnot really costing us much money, plus last tiem he was here he ran real god, the R&R express will be abck

and with this o-line, ricky can get back to the 02 form
 10 years ago '04        #858
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^that'd be great

he didnt seem so great in the cfl tho, i thought he would destroy that league...he wasnt great even before he broke his arm
 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM         #859
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ thats what i mean

plus i can't forgive him for what he did...twice

only way to redeem himself would be to get us to the superbowl final

but thats about as likely as him never smoking weed for the rest of his life
 10 years ago '04        #860
space
space
I was able to attend player interviews today and get a feel of the locker room.

Let me be the first to say though, the only players on the team who are enthusiastic are the rookies and back up defensive players.

There wasn't one single person on offense or defense that is starting or a veteran on this team that isn't worried about 0-16. You can tell in the air these players want a win more then anything.

Marty Booker is always looking like he's going to cry, Zach Thomas has no energy left and looks like a dear in headlights, Jason Taylor is about as mum as a turtle trying to cross the road.

Depressing in Dolphin nation right now, that's about all I can say.

Let's hope John Beck can bring some spark to this team. I must say today in practice he didn't look too sharp. He looked a bit off target at times and threw a pair of interceptions both to Jason Allen (which isn't good but also good at the same time to see Jason stepping up at safety.)
Mixed reactions by coaches today, but Cameron was motivational and supportive of the rookie QB from BYU.

I'll keep you updated when I can, I'll be traveling to Pennsylvania on Saturday evening for the game.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy