$$$Miami Dolphins$$$

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #801
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,253 | Props total: 91 91
Cleo Lemon is the WORST dude throwing a football right now
and wat kinda fu*kin name is CLEO?!?! LEMON?!??!
 10 years ago '04        #802
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
bye week!!!

then we get to see Beck play!
 10 years ago '04        #803
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 AmerikanDesi589 said:
bye week!!!

then we get to see Beck play!
don't get your hopes up completely.

But i'll keep you guys updated
 10 years ago '05        #804
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
hey illuzionz, im dying to hear some good news. keep us updated man... other than that i think we win our next game.. i can just feel it
 10 years ago '04        #805
space
space
 ebcrew said:
hey illuzionz, im dying to hear some good news. keep us updated man... other than that i think we win our next game.. i can just feel it
Players were given off 2-3 days and the Front Office is on a small leave of absence.

Team comes back on Wednesday and I'll have more for you then.

Only thing left to say is Miami is strongly considering the start of John Beck at QB after the bye week. It's still unofficial but Wayne H. is pressuring Cameron to do so.

Also, Lance Schulters is to replace Cameron Worrell at safety after the bye week along with Jason Allen at FS.

Jason Allen has a nice interception in London, but it got over turned by a penalty. He showed signs of maturity out there.

We will see more of him.

Not much else to say, it will come when it comes. (the news)

~1~
 10 years ago '04        #806
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
don't get your hopes up completely.
dont say that man :banghead::banghead:
 10 years ago '04        #807
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
jason allen didnt play that bad, the field conidtions probably prevented the giants from really throwing a lot,

^reading that article makes me think we wont be seeing beck anytime soon
 10 years ago '04        #808
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,026 | Props total: 2973 2973
chatman didnt do too bad yesterday

but i'd like to see what lorenzo booker is working with, why hasnt he gotten any burn? having trouble with blitz protection or something?
 10 years ago '04        #809
space
space
DT Sam Rayburn was released this morning.

He was on the team's roster for about 3 weeks before getting cut.

That's about it though.

Quiet day in the office.
 10 years ago '04        #810
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
ugh...nuttin really concrete here..but this is news on my fantasy site:

"Dolphins consider starting QB Beck

John Beck, QB MIA

News: Dolphins rookie quarterback John Beck says he'll spend a good part of his four-day weekend with a laptop and a stack of videos. He won't be watching "Evan Almighty" or "Knocked Up" or even "We Are Marshall," but rather game footage of the Buffalo Bills' defense. Beck knows he might start against the Bills in Week 10. "I'm definitely going to try to study and prepare myself," he said. Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron, whose team is on a bye Week 9, said he and his staff will evaluate the quarterbacks situation during the break before deciding whether it's time for Beck's first career start. But on Wednesday, Cameron signaled the job is up for grabs by increasing Beck's share of the practice time to divide snaps about 50-50 with Cleo Lemon, who started the past three games. "You're always looking for ways to get better," Cameron said. "The quarterback position is no different."

Analysis: Beck, a second-round draft pick from Brigham Young, would become the 12th quarterback to start for the Dolphins since Dan Marino retired following the 1999 season. He would be Miami's third starting quarterback this season. Does he think he's ready? "It's tough to say, because I am a rookie," the 26-year-old Beck said. "That's why I put it into the hands of people who have been doing this a lot longer than I have. Coach has been around this a lot." Beck is the first quarterback drafted in the first or second round by Miami since Marino in 1983. The Dolphins will likely have a high draft pick next April, and giving Beck a tryout now would help determine whether they need to acquire a quarterback in 2008. Even if Beck starts the second half, he likely won't be much of a factor in Fantasy leagues. He remains a long-term keeper at this juncture."
 10 years ago '05        #811
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
newspaper says they (beck and lemon) are splitting snaps 50/50 in practice
 10 years ago '04        #812
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Dolphins' Beck, Lemon getting equal chance at QB
Rookie John Beck's chances of becoming starting quarterback grew more evident when coach Cam Cameron said he was giving the young player the same time in practice as Cleo Lemon.
Posted on Thu, Nov. 01, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY JEFF DARLINGTON

John Beck, left, and Cleo Lemon are getting equal time in practice to prove they deserve to start against the Bills on Nov. 11.
HECTOR GABINO/EL NUEVO HERALD
John Beck, left, and Cleo Lemon are getting equal time in practice to prove they deserve to start against the Bills on Nov. 11.

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron came cryptically close Wednesday to opening up a full-on quarterback competition between current starter Cleo Lemon and rookie John Beck, noting that both players are now splitting nearly equal time during practice with the first-team offense.

While Cameron still mostly bounced around the topic of potentially playing Beck on Nov. 11 -- which is the team's next game after this week's bye -- the coach made it clear that Beck will get plenty of chances to win the job before then.

Cameron said he met with both quarterbacks to notify them of his decision to ''balance the reps out,'' meaning they will each get to run 50 percent of the plays in practice. After Wednesday's workout, the team will not practice again until Monday.

''We're going to play the guy that gives us the best chance to win each week,'' Cameron said. ``That's what I believe.''

At this point, the reviews of Beck during practice have all been positive. He is performing well in practice, and he has shown the clear passion to put all of the necessary time into becoming a fixture on the team. Asked how he'll spend the next four days off, Beck said, ``I'm definitely going to try to study and prepare myself.''

LEMON'S SITUATION

Lemon isn't backing down, of course. But he also said he understands the current situation -- and he understands he needs to step up his game if Beck's seemingly inevitable rise to the starting position is going to be delayed any longer.

''It's the nature of the business,'' Lemon said. ``You come to work and try to get it done, and if you don't get it done there might be other options out there available, so you've just got to take the good with the bad and keep plugging away.''

Lemon's realization is based on the fact that he has fumbled three times while throwing four interceptions. While he has also made some solid decisions at times -- and although he has been put in very tough situations -- that might not be enough to give him a longer leash.

''I think Cleo is well aware, just like I am, that the focus when you're not winning gets placed on the head coach and the starting quarterback,'' Cameron said. ``That's a new experience for him. We aren't even 48 hours from being back from London yet. You've got to go back and then look at it. You're always looking for ways to get better, and the quarterback position is no different.''

THE IMAGE CONCERN

Still, that doesn't mean Beck will surely start against the Bills.

There's one more aspect of the season that could truly require Cameron to play the best option for the present rather than the best option for the future.

The reason: As the Dolphins begin edging closer to a potential 0-16 season (which would be the first of its kind for the team), it's surely going to become important to ownership to avoid adding such history to a franchise already recognized for accomplishing the other side of perfection.

So until the team locks up that first win, this competition at quarterback could still center around the opportunity for victory over the opportunity to groom Beck. That's not to say the coaching staff won't still decide that Beck gives the team that chance.

''When you put a quarterback out there, I think he has to have earned that right, earned the right to start and lead the team,'' Cameron said. ``That's one part of it. The part that even comes before that is, who gives you the best chance to win that week?''

NOTABLE

• Running back Samkon Gado, who was picked up last week off waivers, joined his team Wednesday after missing the trip to London. The Dolphins received a roster exemption for Gado that expired Tuesday, causing the team to cut defensive tackle Sam Rayburn to make room for Gado.

Gado, who rushed for 582 yards and six touchdowns on 143 carries with the Packers last season, most recently played for the Texans. Cameron said he added Gado because the team needs to have more than three running backs on the roster.

• Linebacker Zach Thomas (neck) and defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday (ankle) still were not able to practice Wednesday. It is not known whether either will return Monday, when the team resumes preparations for the Bills.
 10 years ago '04        #813
space
space
Both Ronnie Brown and Renaldo Hill had surgery today.

Both surgeries went fine and the players are expected to begin rehab in 2-3 weeks after the swelling of the knee is completely absent from both players' knees.

As noted already above by my companies paper (posted by KingJames), John Beck is splitting the starting snaps in practice with Cleo Lemon.

Marty Booker also took snaps under center with the 3rd string offense.

Ted Ginn is asking Coach Cameron for extended playing time in game time situations but Coach Cameron has been trying to get Derek Hagan more involved consistently.

This may also be due to an evaluation process of players now that the season is lost. If Hagan can't prove himself with the remainder of the season, Ginn may completely take over as the team's #2 WR and Derek Hagan getting released in the off-season.

I'll get back with more information when I can.
 10 years ago '04        #814
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:

Marty Booker also took snaps under center with the 3rd string offense.
:banghead:
 11-02-2007, 04:07 AM         #815
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we can't go 0-16
 10 years ago '04        #816
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 Scorp said:
we can't go 0-16
*~SIGHS DEEPLY~*

i hope ur right man, i hope ur right
 10 years ago '06        #817
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,502 | Props total: 909 909
Yo, honestly i aint think we're that bad. 4 of our loses have been by a field goal or in overtime. Noooooo way we're goin 0-16.
 10 years ago '04        #818
space
space

[pic - click to view]

11-04-2007, 04:14 AM         #819
Michael Vick  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall know im a free agent right?
 10 years ago '04        #820
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^

lol, yea...so???
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy