most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #441
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Some Quick Training Camp Notes Thus Far:

* Ted Ginn Jr. has been taking snaps under center. Ginn used to be a decent QB in high school and has a good arm. Coach Cameron maybe considering some tricks plays involving Ginn taking direct snaps...

* Trent Green is by far the best QB Miami has seen since the days of Dan Marino. Which is great news for fans who've had to deal with the likes of Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerrote, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper etc. Green's comfort level and knowledge of Cameron's offense is beyond evident.

[pic - click to view]

Ted Ginn is still struggling with the heat.

* Like ever year, the defense is still dominating the offense on 7 vs 7 drills. Will Allen has had a couple int's. Roth is stepping up and getting into the backfield quite often.

[pic - click to view]

Weather has been horrible in Miami at times. They used the practice bubble yesterday to avoid the rain.

[pic - click to view]

Ronnie Brown has gained up to 10-15 lbs. He's bulked up and put on some mass to help him hit the holes with more authority. This could be a great year for Ronnie.

* Vernon Carey has bulked up to 341 lbs. Since being moved to LT, he wants to be "more nasty" according to his own words. He wants to be nasty and it looks like it with his size. It could be a turnaround season for this line. We just need to address the LG spot.

* Offensive Line changes here and there. Not sure if it's any sign of the future, but Drew Mormino has been working exclusively at RG and Rex Hadnot has been working with the 2nd group of guys.

* Andre Goodman and Travis Daniels have swapped jersey numbers. Travis is now 29 and Andre is 21.

* Lorenzo Booker has been impressing coaches continuously throughout camps. His speed and awareness level has not gone unnoticed in this offense. With the exception of punt returns, (which Booker has been horrible at while Ginn was away) Booker has been all over the field catching well and running with authority.

* Jason Allen is still struggling at CB. Actually I think struggling is a little too harsh, because he's always neck and neck with the WR. He just can't prevent the catch. He needs to work on his swatting awareness and catching abilities. He's a hard hitter but has many other things to work on.

I'll get back to you all with more....

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 07-30-2007 at 02:57 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #442
space
space
New TE Courtney Anderson

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #443
space
space
Afternoon Training Camp Notes 07-30-07

* Punter Brandon Fields is turning heads with his leg strength. He's booming 50 and 60 yard punts with the wind and shockingly in contrast to his college years, his accuracy is been above average. One memorable punt, Fields punted a 56-yard punt and had the ball bounce and land on the 2 yard line....

* Ted Ginn the physical WR??? Ok we all know Ted Ginn is considered soft or not strong enough to push off of press coverage. Well.... it might be true, but Ginn today was all over Michael Lehan physically. He even got flagged for offensive pass interference twice. He was real aggressive all day and really showed signs of strength. Maybe things are looking up for him.

* The defense dominated all day long. Tipped passes, interceptions, sacks and stops in the backfield. However look at it this way, for the past 10 years the offense has never outdone the defense in camp... I've also been curious to wonder if the reason Miami's offense has been so ineffective every season is due to the fact they're over powered in the offseason by the defense?

[pic - click to view]

* John Beck continues to excel with the 2nd team. Beck has found his new favorite target... WR Kerry Reed. They look like Manning and Harrison out there. I understand it's only the 2nd string offense but it's great for him to build up chemistry early in his career like this. He's been accurate mainly in 5-15 yard plays. He still has some polishing to do, however his instinct for leading the receiver is excellent. Definitely looking like a steal in the 2nd round.

* Trent Green is getting abused by his receivers. He's been throwing pin-point accurate throws all day long and his receivers look like deers in the headlights. Maybe they're used to bad QB's I don't know, but they're running wrong routes and dropping very catchable balls. Chris Chambers has been standing out the most in dropped passes.

[pic - click to view]

* Zach Thomas, Joey Porter look so fluid. It's like they're ready for the season it's remarkable. Whoever said Porter is old and lost a step needs to quit their job. Porter and Channing Crowder split an INT and Porter returned it for 15 yards. Zach Thomas had two stops on Ronnie Brown in the backfield. Easily the top LB corps in the AFC East.

* Vernon Carey and Jason Taylor are going at it. Vernon Carey held his surprisingly. His added weight seems to be helping tremendously.

* 1st & 2nd String offensive line was the following:
LT - Vernon Carey/Mike Rosenthal
LG - Chris Lewinski/Tala Esera
C - Samson Satele/Johnathan Ingram
RG - Drew Mormino/Rex Hadnot
RT - Anthony Alabi/L.J. Schelton

I have to give props where it's due. As much as the defense is dominating, the offensive line already looks better then last year's.

* Jason Taylor is struggling with 2-a-day practices. He even announced today in his press conference that it wears him down and he's hating it.

* Ted Ginn did not look nearly as quick today as normal. He seemed very fatigued by the heat and him and Chris Chambers were sluggish all day. Derek Hagan and Marty Booker stood out today in a positive. They were catching everything thrown their way.

* Ronnie Brown has been off and on. He's clearly exhausted by the heat and is just too consistently sluggish to deny it. He's working though. Glad to see him pushing to finish plays.

[pic - click to view]

Training Camp Stars (so far):

RB Lorenzo Booker
WR Kerry Reed
WR David Sutton
QB John Beck
P Brandon Fields
The Whole Defense

Training Camp Busts (so far):
RG Rex Hadnot
WR Chris Chambers
QB Cleo Lemon
CB Jason Allen

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 07-30-2007 at 07:31 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #444
space
space
I'm also going to create a Photobucket account for BX users just like my blog site for those of you interested in Dolphin wallpapers, avatars, photos & signatures.

I will have it up to date no later then this coming weekend but for right now it's just been created.

I will store everything you'd want as fans on that page.

I will also have both links at the bottom of my sig at all times.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 07-30-2007 at 08:08 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #445
space
space
Interesting Facts Going Into The Season:

* Last year Miami threw the ball 591 times. Only Green Bay, Detroit and St. Louis had more passing attempts.

* In comparison, the Dolphins only ran the ball 402 times. Only three teams ran the ball less: Oakland, Cleveland & Detroit.

I hated Murlarkey.

Trent Green Stats vs. the Dolphins Previous QB's combined

Pass YPG:
Trent Green - 249.8
Dolphins QB's - 209.8

TDS:
Trent Green - 75
Dolphins QB's - 74

INTs:
Trent Green - 48
Dolphins QB's - 80

QB Rating:
Trent Green - 90.7
Dolphins QB's - 69.5

Trent Green is the best QB this team has had since Dan Marino.
 10 years ago '04        #446
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
keep bringin that hotness, illuzionz!:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #447
space
space
RB Jesse Chatman has impressed coaches so much he was bumped up to #2 on the official depth chart today.

As of this afternoon the following is the current depth chart:

QB - Trent Green, Cleo Lemon, John Beck, Gibran Hamdan
RB - Ronnie Brown, Jesse Chatman, Lorenzo Booker, Patrick Cobbs
FB - Cory Schlesinger, Reagan Mauia, Kyle Eckel
TE - David Martin, Courtney Anderson, Justin Peelle, Jason Rader
WR1 - Chris Chambers, Derek Hagen, Ted Ginn Jr,
WR2 - Marty Booker, Az-Hakim, David Sutton, Kerry Reed

LT - Vernon Carey, Mike Rosenthal
LG - Chris Lewienski, Tala Esera
C - Samson Satele, Johnathan Ingram
RG - Drew Mormino, Rex Hadnot, Dan Stevenson
RT - L.J. Schelton, Anthony Alabi

LOLB - Joey Porter, Donnie Spragan, Kelvin Smith
MLB - Zach Thomas, Derrick Pope, Jim Maxwell
ROLB - Channing Crowder, Robert McCune, Abraham Wright

LE - Jason Taylor, Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
RE - Matt Roth, Mkristo Bruce, Chase Page
DT - Keith Traylor, Paul Soliai, Steve Fifita, Brian Soi
NT - Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Vickerson, Rodrique Wright

CB1 - Will Allen, Andre Goodman, Michael Lehan
CB2 - Travis Daniels, Jason Allen, Shirdonya Micthell, Derrick Johnson

FS - Renaldo Hill, Cameron Worrell, Chris Harrell
SS - Yeremiah Bell, Travares Tillman

K - Jay Feely, Matt Prater
P - Brandon Fields, Ryan Flinn

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 07-31-2007 at 11:23 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #448
space
space
 Unkleluc said:
Illusionz for mod:applause:
In progress....
 10 years ago '04        #449
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 iLLuZiOnZ1313 said:
WR1 - Chris Chambers, Derek Hagen, Ted Ginn Jr,
WR2 - Marty Booker, Az-Hakim, David Sutton, Kerry Reed
man our wideouts look suspect as hell outside of chambers and booker...
 10 years ago '04        #450
space
space
 madness said:
man our wideouts look suspect as hell outside of chambers and booker...
Derek Hagen will surprise all this year.
 10 years ago '04        #451
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
Trent Green is by far the best QB Miami has seen since the days of Dan Marino. Which is great news for fans who've had to deal with the likes of Ray Lucas, Jay Fiedler, Gus Frerrote, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper etc. Green's comfort level and knowledge of Cameron's offense is beyond evident.

notice how Sage Rosenfels wasnt included in that list. so what if he didnt start?? he had potential and we let him go :(
 10 years ago '04        #452
space
space

[pic - click to view]

:applause: :applause:
 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM         #453
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I always draft Chambers I hope a new QB means he will beast. On talent alone hes a top 5-7 WR
 10 years ago '04        #454
space
space
Hey I just flew into Naples, FL today and I've been crazy with work, so sorry I haven't been on BX for a day or so. I'll get the tread uptodate with Miami info.

A few things went down today at Training Camp that I'll report later.

I'll get back to it.
 10 years ago '04        #455
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
 08-02-2007, 04:33 AM         #456
Scorp  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AmerikanDesi589 said:

notice how Sage Rosenfels wasnt included in that list. so what if he didnt start?? he had potential and we let him go :(
haha i noticed that too

rosenfals was the 4th quarter king
 10 years ago '04        #457
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
ok, this may sound crazy, but im usually onpoint...but im wonderin...who the fu*k is jesse chatman
 10 years ago '04        #458
space
space
 casper said:
ok, this may sound crazy, but im usually onpoint...but im wonderin...who the fu*k is jesse chatman
Jesse Chatman started his career back in San Diego as LT's backup and special teams KR. He's a very powerful back. Some have even compared his strength (not his size) to Jerome Bettis. Ths guy will knock you over in a one on one tackling session.

He's surprisingly very elusive as well. He's turned heads in camp and is making an impression, thus why he's #2 on the depth chart. Doesn't mean he'll remain there though.
 10 years ago '07        #459
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
these images, the clips, reading, everything already has me going nuts i cant wait for that Sunday when its time to see some head cracking i am so excited
 10 years ago '04        #460
space
space
 AmerikanDesi589 said:

I intentionally kept him off the list seeing that he didn't fall into the ranks of a losing QB. His comeback against Buffalo was amazing 2 seasons ago.

Jay Fiedler technically is the best QB this team has had since Marino as far as stats go. However Trent Green obviously is in a whole new category.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy