New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1501
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,563 | Props total: 35 35
not a nice win but i'll take it, knicks late in da game got away from giving the ball inside, curry was not even part of the offense today
 9 years ago '06        #1502
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$30,588 | Props total: 2051 2051
that was some great officiating. 38 FT attempts for the knicks to the wolves 10.
 11-05-2007, 05:20 PM         #1503
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
isnt there an "OFFICIAL HAWKS" thread u should be posting in???

jp CPalmer....we would welcome u back....

but u gotta rock a pic of Nate in ya avy
The Hawks will make the playoffs over the Knicks I guarantee it.
They have players like Al Hartford that will rebound and defend.

Only if Nate scores over 50 points in a game or dunks on a player taller then him, i'd rock his pic in an avy.
 9 years ago '06        #1504
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
 bangabi*ch said:
that was some great officiating. 38 FT attempts for the knicks to the wolves 10.
The Knicks were leaders in FTA last year...
 9 years ago '05        #1505
Ghettoquiz 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,807 | Props total: 203 203
crawford=allstar this year
 11-06-2007, 07:35 AM         #1506
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cpalmer1 said:
The Hawks will make the playoffs over the Knicks I guarantee it.
They have players like Al Hartford that will rebound and defend.

Only if Nate scores over 50 points in a game or dunks on a player taller then him, i'd rock his pic in an avy.
smh.. u moved to atlanta and became brainwashed.. if atlanta makes the playoffs ill close my boxden account
 9 years ago '06        #1507
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,047 | Props total: 0 0
Tonights Game
Time- 7:30 p.m
Venue- Madison Square Garden (The Mecca)

***WORKING ON OBTAINING A STREAM FOR THIS GAME***

(1-1)
[pic - click to view]

VS.
[pic - click to view]

(2-1)

First Game Since The Brawl

[pic - click to view]

**Vid of the Madness**
(Confirm Birth Date Required)

Knicks Projected Starting Lineup

[pic - click to view]

Nuggets Projected Starting Lineup

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

DRuNk 24/7's Key Player

[pic - click to view]

Nate Robinson- A.K.A LiL 50
 9 years ago '06        #1508
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
***GREAT READ ON DAVID LEE***

Donald Christopher
November 4, 2007

"There is in this world no such force as the force of a person determined to rise."
-W.E.B. DuBois, writer

If the outcome of a basketball game came down to one last gasp, David Lee would most likely not be the one you'd want taking a desperation jump shot. He also doesn't have a bread-and-butter post move. If his team, the New York Knicks, needed a defensive stop to a.ssure victory, chances are that Lee would not be the player to provide it. In fact, Lee may never attain the skillful perspective necessary to fulfill the grand hoop ideology that many NBA fans share. He is not a pure shooter. His defense rivals that of a criminal suspect caught at the scene of the crime. His ballhandling, footwork, and quickness are nothing to write home about, but do not allow the lack of visual excitement to sideswipe you into thinking number 42 is of minor importance. Similar to NBA gunner Michael Redd and shotblocker Marcus Camby, the hardwood fingerprints of David Lee speak of major impact. a.ssistant coach Michael Malone says, "New Yorkers will love him because he's blue collar all the way. Plays hard every possession, doesn't take any time off when he's on the floor. He can run the floor, he rebounds, does all the dirty work. He's going to be a crowd favorite because they're really going to appreciate how hard he plays."

At 6' 9" and 249 pounds, 24 year old David Lee is hardly a stiff or a bum. His play is urgent and gets right to the point. To observe the third-year player in action is comparable to the watched plight of a hero desperately trying to save innocent children trapped inside a burning building. The task must be completed. Both missions give the impression that nothing is being withheld. Everything physical, mental, and emotional is being exhausted. It is a view punctuated by Lee's outstanding Player Efficiency Rating, a formula that ESPN Insider John Hollinger developed as a complex measure of player production.

Inside fabled Madison Square Garden, home of the hailed Knickerbockers, that output carries a double message. Not only does it capture the staunch imagination of die-hard fans born from an era when another power forward by the name of Charles Oakley brought intensity and determination, but it also pays homage to the passionate soul which continuously defines the true grind of Knicks basketball. When you think of the endless history of successful players who wore the orange and blue, their success began and ended with the all-out sensibility engraved into the admirable play of Lee. In the words of a.ssistant coach Herb Williams, "David Lee is a worker. He's a guy you put in the game [to be] your blue collar worker. He's gonna rebound the basketball, he'll f!ght guys for you, he's gonna battle. He's a guy that you need on the team; you need those guys on the team who are going to f!ght every minute on the court."

Not too much was expected when the Gator from the University of Florida was selected with the 30th pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. Many New Yorkers wondered who was David Lee and what exactly could he bring to the team. One would also be hard-pressed to name the last time team president Isiah Thomas drafted a white player. What did Thomas quietly regard in Lee that allowed the adept drafter to venture beyond his normal routine? Whatever it was, that decision became one of the best that Thomas ever made.

Like participants in an AOL chat room, Knicks fans are often guilty of giving higher than deserved praise to young players. As a Knicks fan, I can admit it. We do it all the time. So much, in fact, that a fair gauge of the team's young talent can no longer be determined. But David Lee is the exception. It is a notion recently enforced when Isiah Thomas let it be known that his mother did not raise a fool by publicly a.ssuring that David Lee would not be included in any trade scenario which could possibly land Queens native and St. John's alumni Ron Artest in a Knicks uniform. Say what? You wouldn't trade David Lee for Ron Artest? This is the Ron Artest who is an All-Star caliber player specifically known for his considerable defensive ability. He addresses an area in which the team sorely needs to strongly develop. You seriously wouldn't trade David Lee for Ron Artest? And you'd still have the nerves to claim intentions on bringing a championship parade to The Big Apple? How?

It's simple. For all the positives that bad boy Artest brings, they do not outweigh the negatives. It is the complete opposite of the consummate team player in David Lee. For the sake of argument, let's say Thomas agreed to ship Lee to Sacramento, and once in New York, Ron Ron decided to flip out (again) on a boisterous Garden crowd of Knicks fans upset with the trade from Day One.

Die-hard Knicks fans. At Madison Square Garden. In New York City. Media magnet of the world New York City. Center of the universe New York City.

Both Artest and Thomas would be buried alive while David Lee would be out in clear, blue, sunny-skied California getting ready to do his next big photo shoot in a long line of big photo shoots. Everyone would wonder what could Isiah Thomas have been thinking -- a question, by the way, nobody bothers to ask Artest anymore. As bad as Thomas probably wants and needs Artest in New York, it should never be at the expense of a player who leaves it out on the court.

Not leaves the court.

Again, Mary Thomas didn't raise no fool.

Knicks fans absolutely love David Lee. Fan and media friendly, the personable young man offers a sigh of relief for a growing number of NBA aficionados discontent with overly arrogant players who act as if they are God's gift to the league. Instead of the all-too-common, seemingly-absent-of-gratitude, prima donna attitude, Lee is a genuine professional. A hard worker, he sacrifices his body in order to do whatever it takes to give his team a chance at success. Whether that self-surrender involves consistently f!ghting for the rebound, diving on the floor for the loose ball, or getting the Garden crowd exhilarated through his stellar effort, Lee possess loyal identities in an era of unprecedented turmoil and temptation when pro athletes brawl with ticket-buyers, inject steroids, and partake in other illegal and immoral activities. Meanwhile, David Lee is having fun without the baggage: "I enjoy it because I love New York and I love playing here."

Despite his stellar blue-collar approach, David Lee cannot escape the conviction of critics; the ones who are not completely sold on Lee. Critics indicate that since he has no true offensive game and average defensive presence, Lee is, and will never amount to anything more than a glorified role player. In light of their snide statements though, these non-believers are first to admit that every NBA team need such a player. Critics argue that for all the "second coming" appraisals, Lee isn't even a starter on a team with a 56-108 record over the past two seasons. They ask how good can the kid really be if there are no major minutes to be had. Certainly the team could have used him more.

Admittedly, there are weaknesses in Lee's game. Key points which must be improved upon before the comparisons to Charles Oakley can draw more than the usual subtle response. The hard-nosed rebounding is already there. Lee is an incredible rebounder who ranked amongst the league leaders at 10.4 rebounds per game last season. It is a number even more incredible when you consider he only averaged 28.7 minutes per game. In comparison, Kevin Garnett, who led the NBA in boards, grabbed 12.8 rebounds in 39.4 minutes. In games which Lee had similar minutes, he recorded rebound performances of 16, 19, and 20. No wonder the burning question heard around the league last season was, "Why isn't David Lee in the starting lineup?"

Irresistibly drawn, Knicks fans have formed an almost cult-like following towards Lee. The fans adamantly state how he is off-limits to any trade talk that doesn't include the likes of Kobe Bryant, Jesus Christ, or God. It is a pride implicit of the way hoop fanatics feel towards the franchise player of their favorite NBA team, not a reserve player. To his credit last season, Lee was a strong candidate for Sixth Man of the Year before an ankle injury sidelined him after 58 games. Lee also won MVP of the 2007 Rookie-Sophomore Challenge where he posted 30 points, 11 rebounds, and four a.ssists on perfect 14-of-14 shooting. Both are optimistic accolades which add to his quickly growing fame.

11-06-2007, 03:35 PM         #1509
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DRuNk 24/7 again.
 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM         #1510
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Knicks Get Major Test Against Nuggets Tonight
By Bobby Angel, NYKnicks.com

Nov. 6, 2007
After a thrilling win over Minnesota in their home opener on Sunday night, the Knicks will look to maintain their home-court advantage tonight at 7:30 p.m. against a dangerous Denver Nuggets team.

At 1-1, the Knicks have started a difficult stretch of games with two good performances, losing to superstar LeBron James and the Cavs in Cleveland before coming back to beat the T-Wolves at home. They will now go up against a Denver team boastin not one, but two superstars in Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony.

The quality of the opponent is no issue for the Knicks, however, who are determined to play with fire and continue make an impression on their home fans tonight.

"It is always good to win your home opener," said Knicks President, Basketball Operations, and Head Coach Isiah Thomas following Sunday's victory. "For us, here in New York, we struggled last season at home at the start (of the season). The fans were great tonight. They were really supportive."

There's no doubt that even at home, tonight's game against the Nuggets is a major test. Not only will they have to contain the high-octane offense brought by Anthony and Iverson, but New York's frontcourt will also have a lot to contend with, as the Knicks trio of Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry and David Lee do battle with Denver's Kenyon Martin, Nene and Marcus Camby.

Last year, these teams split their season series, with the Knicks winning in Denver on a stunning last-second steal and buzzer-beating three-pointer by Jamal Crawford. The teams square off this season with their rosters drastically changed. When the Knicks beat Denver, the Nuggets didn't have Iverson in their lineup. The Knicks upgraded since then too, however, with the addition of Randolph to their already strong frontcourt. Now the teams face off in what will be a battle of wits between two courtside technicians, Thomas, and Denver's George Karl.

How New York chooses to engage the Nuggets could determine the result of this game. Denver is a high-octane, run-and-gun team that consistently pushes the ball down the floor, attacks the basket and takes advantage of the potent offensive talents of AI and Carmelo, as well as Camby's ability to clean the glass. Camby, averaging an astounding 19 rebounds per game on this young season, is the key, because he is able to run the floor with his team and start fast breaks with his great shot-blocking ability.

The Knicks, meanwhile, employ a strong combination of a half-court and aggressive fast-break offense. In the half-court, players get into their sets, and the guards calmly walk the ball down the court. In this offense, the ball runs through the post and the Knicks take advantage of the extraordinary prowess of Curry and Randolph.

Two plays in Sunday's home opener demonstrated the potential of the Curry-Randolph pairing. In one, which the team employed early on, the ball went inside to Curry, who had space to operate because of the attention Randolph drew from defenders.

If Curry's shot was not there, he tossed it back outside. At that point, by swinging the ball around the perimeter quickly enough, the Knicks can get a good look from outside as the defense collapses on the paint to contain Curry and Randolph.

Another example of the Curry-Randolph potential was evident on Sunday night when Curry got the ball inside and, when the double came, he lobbed it out to Crawford on the top of the key. Crawford quickly shifted the ball to Randolph on the other low block, giving Randolph an open look in the paint for a quick bucket.

In addition to the havoc they wreak on defenses, having Curry and on the floor at the same time enables the Knicks' offense to run through either player. Plays like those just described could as easily have started with Randolph, rather than Curry.

But the deep Knicks squad has another side to its game plan. When the second unit, including Nate Robinson, Lee and Renaldo Balkman enter the game, the tone can change in a hurry. With this rotation, the Knicks push the ball down the court, flying to the basket, often getting numbers on the opposition. This unit pushes until there's no more room to push. Then they push it some more.

Lee understands the role of the second unit on this New York team.

"That second unit of ours, we just try to go out there and provide energy and change the pace of the game," he said.

Thomas and the Knicks will have a choice tonight in terms of the rotation. The Knicks could f!ght fire with fire and run the Nuggets with their second unit or try to control the pace of the game with the first unit and ride the offensive post moves of Curry and Randolph. In any case, there's no doubt that the Nuggets are an elite Western Conference team, and regardless of the game plan, Knicks fans can expect an intense, high-scoring affair.
 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM         #1511
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Our Knicks will get blown out by 30+. due to the fact the defense is horrible. I hate to sound like a hater but I don't believe in my team.

and Drunk 24/7 I like the avy comments.:applause:

Last edited by cpalmer1; 11-06-2007 at 05:10 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #1512
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
Our Knicks will get blown out by 30+. due to the fact the defense is horrible. I hate to sound like a hater but I don't believe in my team.

and Drunk 24/7 I like the avy comments.:applause:
u ma boy CPalmer....

im just hoping that this is a defining year for us as a team, and as a franchise...in moving foward not just into the playoffs, but into actual contention in the East for years to come....

i wish that for all of us....especially YOU CPalmer....i dig cuz ur a tru KNICKS fan...and i know the ripping of the knicks is outta frustration....

one day CPalmer...one day
 9 years ago '06        #1513
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
some Knicks sigs for some of ya'll if ya'd like.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

CPalmer??

[pic - click to view]

Born Loser???

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #1514
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
***SopCast bi*ches***

sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/35471
 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM         #1515
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
some Knicks sigs for some of ya'll if ya'd like.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

CPalmer??

[pic - click to view]

Born Loser???

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Hell no on the NATE one.
@ McCurry classic!!! Ho you do graphics to? Nice

Someone prop him for me, I need to spread rep around.

Last edited by cpalmer1; 11-06-2007 at 06:20 PM..
 11-06-2007, 06:29 PM         #1516
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DRuNk 24/7 said:
u ma boy CPalmer....

im just hoping that this is a defining year for us as a team, and as a franchise...in moving foward not just into the playoffs, but into actual contention in the East for years to come....

i wish that for all of us....especially YOU CPalmer....i dig cuz ur a tru KNICKS fan...and i know the ripping of the knicks is outta frustration....

one day CPalmer...one day
I've been a Knick Fan since Bernard King and Patrick Ewings rookie year.
I try to forget every lost like it was yesterday. You haven't suffered like I did.

I'm at the last stage of Grief

(1) denial,
(2) bargaining,
(3) anger,
(4) despair,
(5) acceptance.
 9 years ago '04        #1517
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
for the last time i don't hate Jerome James...i just want somebody to slit his throat in his sleep, that's all

off topic but Drunk, u got cod4 yet?

might miss the few couple of minutes cuz of this sh*t lmfao

Last edited by Born_Loser; 11-06-2007 at 06:40 PM..
 11-06-2007, 07:07 PM         #1518
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After getting ripped for thier Dfense. Why do they look like this?
 9 years ago '06        #1519
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
this really feels like watching one of last years knick games....

come on....lets see some improvement
 9 years ago '06        #1520
DRuNk 24/7 6 heat pts
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
for the last time i don't hate Jerome James...i just want somebody to slit his throat in his sleep, that's all

off topic but Drunk, u got cod4 yet?

might miss the few couple of minutes cuz of this sh*t lmfao

nah my boy Max got that shyt....says its INSANE!!!

pay day on Friday...we'll see wuts good
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy