Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
MMA This slam KO I just witnessed (video)
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 months ago '04        #11621
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
 I Am The Truth said:
Sweet... The Lord was looking out for Cleanthony on that one! Things could've been much worse... Can't wait til he comes back healthy, bet he'll be super motivated too

And we could use some back court competition in practice to help keep Jerian & Gallo on their toes... always like Toure, he was just inconsistent. Worth a 10 day contract

Toure was everything all y'all was trying to make Phoney Thugless to be....NYK just going after expiring contracts or cheap players to finish the season. Calderon is gonna try to get moved either this season or during the offseason
 11 months ago '07        #11622
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
 Born_Loser said:
Toure was everything all y'all was trying to make Phoney Thugless to be....NYK just going after expiring contracts or cheap players to finish the season. Calderon is gonna try to get moved either this season or during the offseason

Hold up bruh... you my dude and it's orange & blue til the end....

...But I never once supported that BUM as our PG... I knew it was gonna be a tough season with him in an D'Antoni offense... Thankfully he got benched, somehow we won games here & there, and Linsanity came in February... the rest is history

As an ACC man / UNC alum, I always knew he was overrated at FSU... 8/9 out of 10 "good bball players" from FSU are overhyped... Tony Douglas, Chris Singleton, Al Thornton, Bernard James, Von Wafer, even Charlie Ward... add Bacon, Beasley, and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (who all have talent) to that list now, Leonard Hamilton just doesn't develop strong NBA player mindsets... As a backup, TD was less serviceable than Sasha Vujacic... end of rant

Anyways, I did have hopes for Toure being a diamond in the rough, but he was super inconsistent. Let's see what he does this time around.
 11 months ago '15        #11623
0017th 3 heat pts
space
space
$973 | Props total: 167 167
So whose getting that 10-day contract?? I heard Knicks are considering a couple of D-League PGs.. one of them being DubKnick's Jimmer. I'm not sure anyone is really down with another Jose Caldron on the team even on 10-day contract, since I keep hearing Knicks want someone who can play D. Erick Green from the Reno BigHorns is whose name I keep seeing pop up.
 10 months ago '04        #11624
space
space
love how we got a million CAA runs the Knicks articles and not a single Klutch runs the Cavs article, especially after last night's strong arm firing. but that double standard is none......
 10 months ago '04        #11625
space
space
Melo out tonight, wants to rest his knee another day and return tomorrow
 10 months ago '04        #11626
space
space
I would but would anyone else make a move for the now available David Lee?
 10 months ago '04        #11627
space
space
Berman

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – In need of a morale boost, the fading Knicks brought their fallen comrade Cleanthony Early onto their road trip vs. the Pistons.

Early, suffering from a gunshot wound in his right knee, had limited participation in the morning shootaround at the Palace of Auburn Hills, lifting shots. There is no timetable for his return, but a source told The Post recently March is realistic. A Knicks spokesman said Early can only take shots standing still, but still has not been cleared for jumping. The team refused to make Early available to the media.

“It’s good for him to be back around the team, see his spirits up, being around us talking, laughing, just being back to having that basketball mindset,’’ Carmelo Anthony said. “I know it means a lot to him and us to see him back there.’’

The Knicks, who have lost six of seven games and are four games out of the last playoff seed, play a huge game vs. the Pistons on Thursday, then host Memphis on Friday when Derek Fisher antagonist Matt Barnes visits the Garden.

Fisher refuses to talk about Barnes and was not very chatty about Early, either. Despite an impressive training camp, team president Phil Jackson’s first-ever draft pick often was not made active for games.

He appeared in 10 contests this season before landing on the front page for the wrong reasons – shot and robbed after leaving a Queens strip joint at 4:15 a.m. while celebrating his girlfriend’s birthday on Dec. 30th.

“He’s with us on the trip but he won’t be playing tonight,’’ Fisher said. “It’s nice to have him back with our team. That’s why he’s here. He’s part of our group. It’s good to have him back.’’

“We’re not focused when he’s going to be back,’’ Fisher added. “We’re just happy to have him back with the group.’’

Early has been at the training facility rehabbing but Fisher declined specifics.

“He’s been around us lately, walking around, doing movement,’’ Fisher said. “Pretty soon will be back, thanks to our medical staff.’’

Early has tweeted out how blessed he was that things didn’t turn out worse. A friend of Early’s told The Post recently, “That was the beautiful thing, not needing surgery. Thank God — his knee could’ve been blown out.’’

Fisher on the club’s 23-28 record: “We’re an inconsistent team at this moment,” Fisher said. “That’s the part of getting beyond it.” …Point guard Jose Calderon is expected to return from a four-game absence with a groin stroin but Fisher declined to say whether he’d start because he may play limited minutes. The Knicks are 1-3 in his absence…. Anthony said his hurting left knee that forced him out of three games still isn’t 100 percent. “It’s still sore,” Anthony said. “I’m playing on it, .not thinking about it, not worried about it. It’s overall soreness any player would have. It’s not a concern of mine.”
 10 months ago '04        #11628
space
space
Berman

If Kristaps Porzingis made the call, he would have his Spanish League buddy, center Willy Hernangomez, on his side next season.

No, the Knicks don’t have a first-round pick this June — unless you consider the potential arrival of 6-foot-11, 255-pound Hernangomez next season as that guy.

On the night the Knicks drafted Porzingis last June, they also selected his Sevilla teammate, Hernangomez, with the 35th pick of the second round after buying the pick from the Sixers, using it as a so-called “stash pick.’’

“I hope he’s here,’’ Porzingis told The Post. “If it was in my hands, I’d obviously want him to be here. I think he really wants to be here. I’m not sure — both sides have to make a decision. I’d really love to see him here.’’

Hernangomez, 21, played in Sevilla with Porzingis for two seasons — his contract on loan from Real Madrid. Now Hernangomez, stockier than Porzingis and more of a low-post big, is back with Real Madrid.

Though he’s coming off the bench on a stronger team, Hernangomez is developing more because of Real Madrid’s facilities being better than the ones in Sevilla, according to his agent, Andy Miller.

Miller, who runs New Jersey-based ASM Sports, also reps Porzingis. He said he believes if Hernangomez were in this June’s draft: “He’d be a top-20 pick.’’

“I talk to him every day [by text],’’ Porzingis said. “The last two seasons, we were really good friends, hung out all the time outside of basketball. We have a really good connection.’’

Hernangomez’s English isn’t as strong as Porzingis’, so they communicate in Willy’s native tongue — Spanish.

“He does speak [English], but not that good,’’ Porzingis said. “I think he’s getting better, playing on Real Madrid, playing with a lot of American players. He wants to learn English more.’’

Playing sparingly early in the season, Hernangomez had a very tough adjustment to his new team. In the last month, his minutes have climbed. On the season, he has played 27 games, averaging 12 minutes, and 5.8 points per game on 68 percent shooting.

(Porzingis, too, averaged less than 20 minutes per game last year.)

“He’s big, very good hook shot with both hands,’’ Porzingis said. “He really knows how to hold his defender. He’s really good in the post. The triangle offense would fit very well.’’

Porzingis makes as good a press agent as Miller, who believes his lesser-known client has come into his own physically.

“His body filled out,’’ Miller said. “He’s not long and lanky like Kris. He’s bigger, stronger, thicker. He’s a very hard worker and [his] body transformed over last year. When we first started working with him there was a lot of baby fat. But he’s tightened. And the difference in Sevilla, he didn’t get to do a lot of individual work last season. Real Madrid has its own facility and it’s much more sophisticated with more coaches and gym time.’’

Miller said that also hurt Porzingis, too, last season.

“It was an issue with Kristaps when [coach] Scott Roth was there,’’ Miller said. “Scott couldn’t get Kris extra gym time because the owners of the gym loaned it out to another entities. Sevilla got it for two hours a day.”

The logistics of Hernangomez being on the Knicks’ roster next season is complicated.

Hernangomez made the Spanish National Team last summer and will begin Olympic training camp sometime in July — which would preclude him from playing in the Las Vegas summer league. Hernangomez’s Spanish season also runs until late June so the Knicks coaches won’t have much time to work with him before they may have to decide.

Plus the Knicks will have a lot of holes to fill and have to sign him within the constraints of the salary cap and only after July 1.

“There’s a lot of variables that have to evolve,’’ Miller said. “They have to get through free agency and the draft and he has a long season. My perspective is I’d like to get him being here to train and develop sooner than later. It’s my job to balance it as an intermediary between the parties. Will the Knicks want him only if he plays summer league? There’s a lot of factors that can’t be answered now. It will get hectic.’’

Ironically, Hernangomez’s brother, Juan, likely will be drafted in June and is getting a lot of buzz as an outside-shooting small forward who could go late in the first round.

“Unless they trade him, Willy will be a Knick some day,’’ ESPN’s European expert Fran Frascilla said. “But his brother may be a little better because he’s more athletic.’’

“It was a good investment for the Knicks in the second round,’’ NBA draft consultant Ryan Blake said. “He’s a power-forward/center. If he’s a stretch 4, he’ll still have to prove it.’’
 10 months ago '04        #11629
space
space
Begley

Will Mike Conley consider the New York Knicks this summer in free agency?

“I think everything will be on the table when that time comes,” Conley said Friday morning after the Grizzlies’ shootaround at Madison Square Garden. “I haven’t committed to anything.”

Conley will be one of the top point guards on the free agent market in the summer of 2016. The Knicks probably will be one of several teams to pursue him.

If Conley seeks a maximum contract, which starts at $25 million in Year One, it's worth noting the Knicks probably would need to shed some salary to afford him.

Here is a breakdown of the Knicks’ 2016 cap space and what needs to happen for the club to sign a max player.

Conley, who turns 29 in October, would bolster the Knicks’ back court. He has career averages of 13.5 points, 5.6 a.ssists and three rebounds.

Conley’s quote about potentially playing in New York isn’t worth overanalyzing, though. It’s standard for pending free agents to keep their options open. It provides potential leverage in negotiations.

For what it’s worth, Conley spoke highly of the Knicks’ roster when asked about it on Friday.

“They’ve got talent, obviously,” he said. “I think [Kristaps] Porzingis surprised a lot of people. He’s going to be very, very good in this league. He already is pretty good. But he’s going to grow each year, and they already have one of the best small forward in Melo [Carmelo Anthony]. They’ve got a young team, so they’ve got a lot of room to improve.”

It’s worth noting here that Conley has spent his entire career in Memphis. Teammate Zach Randolph jokingly said to members of the New York media on Friday that there was no way Conley would end up in New York.

Memphis can offer Conley a five-year max contract that starts at $25 million with annual raises as high as 7.5 percent. Other teams, such as the Knicks, can offer Conley a four-year max deal that starts at $25 million with annual raises as high as 4.5 percent.

Conley also can take advantage of the surging salary cap by signing a two-year deal with an opt out in year two, which could allow him to sign a contract worth more money annually in the summer of 2017.

Conley said none of these scenarios is on his mind at the moment.

“When the offseason comes you make the decision with your family and do what’s best for you and for the situation,” Conley said. “So I’m just going to try to keep it at that.”

The veteran added that he has no ‘pact’ with Marc Gasol to stay in Memphis after Gasol's decision to re-sign with the Grizzlies over the summer.

“Just like [Gasol] did last year, it’s something that I’m going to wait and talk about later,” Conley said. “At the end of the day, it is a business and anything can happen. But obviously they know how I feel about Marc and my teammates here.”

In other Memphis news, Matt Barnes is questionable for Friday’s game due to a hamstring injury. Barnes said he will get treatment later Friday before determining his status for the game.

In his conversation with reporters, Barnes said that he wanted to talk solely about basketball and not answer any questions about his October incident with Derek Fisher.

Barnes was fined $35,000 for comments about Fisher leading up to the Knicks-Grizzlies game last month. Fisher and Barnes were in an altercation in October at the home of Barnes’ ex-wife. Barnes was suspended two games for his role in the altercation.
 10 months ago '04        #11630
space
space
The New York Knicks have fired coach Derek Fisher after a five-game losing streak left the team 1-9 in its last 10 games.

ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Ian Begley first reported the firing.

The Knicks are 23-31 this season after going 17-65 in Fisher's first season. New York's current losing skid contributed to the timing of the move, but the team was already convinced Fisher was not transitioning from the role of player to coach effectively, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

Fisher was hired by team president Phil Jackson to rectify the struggling New York franchise. Fisher and Jackson have a history together dating back to when Jackson coached the Lakers, and Fisher was a point guard on the team that won five championships.

Fisher, who had no previous head coaching experience, took over for Mike Woodson, who went 109-79 in parts of three seasons in New York. Woodson, however, won only one playoff series. The Knicks currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.

Fisher thanked Jackson, Madison Square Garden Chairman James Dolan, along with his players and staff. "This is a very talented team with strong character and I am confident they will succeed," Fisher said in a statement. "Obviously, I'm disappointed, but have learned an immense amount from this experience and hope to grow from it."

Assistant Kurt Rambis will now serve as interim coach. Rambis played on four Lakers title teams and was a coach or executive for four others. He coached the Timberwolves to a 56-145 mark from 2009-11.

Two other former Jackson players, Brian Shaw and Luke Walton, are candidates to the full-time job, sources told ESPN. Shaw coached parts of two seasons in Denver, while Walton led the defending champion Golden State Warriors to a record start this season, filling in for injured coach Steve Kerr. Sources tell Shelburne, though, that Walton is determined to take his time before accepting a head coaching position. Much like Kerr two summers ago, Walton wants to make sure he's setting himself up for success.

The Knicks upgraded their roster during the summer with the drafting of Kristaps Porzingis and the signing of veterans Arron Afflalo and Robin Lopez. They had the look of a playoff team most of the season but are stumbling into the All-Star break, and fans loudly booed when they fell behind by 19 points Sunday during a 101-96 loss to the Denver Nuggets.

Fisher accepted some of the blame for the team's recent slow starts after the game, though All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony said that was the responsibility of the players.

The Knicks haven't won a title since the 1972-73 season.
 10 months ago '04        #11631
space
space
Knicks are still in talks with ATL about a Teague deal, another name that just came up as a possible option is Ben McLemore
 10 months ago '07        #11632
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
 Born_Loser said:
Knicks are still in talks with ATL about a Teague deal, another name that just came up as a possible option is Ben McLemore
We need a point guard, not a struggling guard... especially not Ben
 10 months ago '04        #11633
space
space
Shabazz Napier is another name that may be a possible target
 10 months ago '04        #11634
space
space
and the fact of the evening. Melo is in demand by several teams, Melo does not want to leave and Phil wants to shut all the critics up and win WITH Melo.

another possible target is Lance Stephenson who will become available if the Orlando trade him since they will buy out his contract
 10 months ago '04        #11635
space
space
The Clippers are one of the teams who want Melo and are currently trying to get NY involved in their trade with Orlando that will give them Melo and Griffin (keep him away from here) coming here. Oladipo is said to not be up for grabs so why even bother
GarySanchize24 gave props

10 months ago '15        #11636
Tw1tter Gang 53 heat pts53
space
space
$6,996 | Props total: 5541 5541
Historic
 10 months ago '04        #11637
space
space
with that being, it's possible Melo does get traded

as far as Teague goes, Splitter being injured kinda helps us in a way since we can offer them O'Quinn or Seraphin to fill that need with Calderon being the main dude we move out
 9 months ago '04        #11638
space
space
according to Berman, Jimmer Fredette will be a main roster Knick as early as later today
 9 months ago '04        #11639
space
space
The New York Knicks have been in talks with Tony Wroten.

When the current 10-day contract of Jimmer Fredette expires, the Knicks could instead sign Wroten.

Wroten was waived by the Philadelphia 76ers on Dec. 24th.

The Knicks interviewed Wroten last weekend in New York.

Ray McCallum is also a free agent candidate to replace Fredette. McCallum was recently released by the San Antonio Spurs.
 9 months ago '04        #11640
space
space
Tony Wroten 3 year deal was smart, creates competition in that position to see who staying and going and it's not a guarantee after the season

Early is back, sent down to the D-League to begin work
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
203 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
36 comments
20 hours ago