New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #11481
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
Fisher

Knicks coach Derek Fisher said it’s out of his hands whether to fill the open roster spot but admitted their unsigned second-round pick, shooting guard Thanasis Antetokounmpo, continues to be discussed as an option.

Antetokounmpo, brother of Bucks star Giannis, is playing for the Westchester Knicks and earning $25,000 this season after declining a $500,0000 package from an Italian League squad. The Knicks have had an open roster spot since buying out Amar’e Stoudemire during All-Star Weekend.

Though this is a time to audition young players for next season as the club has been out of the playoff race since well before Christmas, Knicks brass has yet to make a move.

“Ask Phil [Jackson], Steve [Mills], Allan [Houston] in terms of the philosophy of leaving it open,’’ Fisher said. “I don’t factor into the equation if we should fill it or not. I’ve stated my opinion who it may or may not be. It hasn’t been brought to me that it’s being heavily considered.

“I’m not really involved in those daily discussions if we’ll stay at 14 or 15. It’s not on my radar as a priority. Obviously all our guys on the D-League team are being evaluated. Thanasis’ name has come up in different discussions.’’

One factor in keeping Antetokounmpo in the D-League is if he signs a contract, he will count as a second-year player next season and his salary would be $850,000. That’s $300,000 more than if he were just a rookie.

The 6-foot-6 Greek-born defensive stopper is considered a project. As The Post first reported, he was drafted by Jackson as “a stash player.’’ But nobody figured the Knicks would be on pace for the franchise’s worst record and spending March and April developing the young players.

The Knicks have been monitoring players who are being bought out as well as Westchester prospects, Orlando Sanchez, a St. John’s product who was on their training-camp roster, and shooting guard Doron Lamb, a recent pickup who played for the Bucks and Orlando and hails from Queens.

“In terms of [Antetokounmpo’s] future, he determines that in how hard he continues to work,’’ Fisher said. “I enjoyed working with him when I had the opportunity in the summer. He’s a hard-working young man and passionate about the game and loves to play defense. There’s few of those guys left in this business. I think his potential is whatever he wants it to be. Whether he gets to play on our team or NBA team now, I don’t think that will give us an indication if he’s ready.”

PG Jose Calderon missed his fifth straight game with a strained Achilles tendon. He said he may play on the upcoming five-game West Coast trip and will fly with the team to Denver. The Knicks feared in Boston that Calderon had torn his Achilles, which is why he was given an MRI exam after the recent road trip. Calderon had battled pain there for a couple of weeks and it intensified in Boston after getting hit on a layup attempt.

Free-agent-to-be Wesley Matthews of Portland was diagnosed Friday with a torn Achilles after racing upcourt in Thursday’s game. He could miss eight months, making his free-agent foray even more intriguing. Perhaps the Blazers may not be willing to pay him his skyrocketing market value while the desperate Knicks will as he fits the triangle to a tee — a 3-point shooting, big defensive shooting guard.

“That is the worst,’’ Calderon said of Matthews’ injury. “That was what we were making sure of.’’
 2 years ago '08        #11482
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,839 | Props total: 5550 5550
I mean i would like to see how dude is cuz i doubt he gets alot of burn next year when we have a better roster
 2 years ago '04        #11483
space
space
Begley

The New York Knicks are hopeful that Carmelo Anthony will be healthy for the start of the 2015-16 season.

Team president Phil Jackson told reporters in Los Angeles that Anthony is at the practice facility getting treatment on his surgically-repaired knee and is feeling “positive” about the surgery. Jackson expects Anthony to begin workouts in June.

Anthony underwent season-ending surgery to repair a tendon issue -- and possibly other knee damage -- shortly after the All-Star game.

His timetable for return is 4-6 months.

“We hope at some point in June he’s able to start really training again ... so that he's really ready for the year,” Jackson told reporters in Los Angeles. “I think he’s positive about it. We hope the rehab goes great. He’s a guy we want to get back to something like he was a few years ago. This season he played on one leg it seemed like to me from the start it looked like he was favoring that.”

Zen sense of humor: Jackson had a funny line when asked about any joy he’s taken out of the job this season.

“It’s not something I really wanted to do. It’s something that my partner said, ‘You’re sitting on all this information, come on out and destroy a basketball team that you love,’” Jackson said.

Not sure how that joke will play with owner James Dolan, who is paying Jackson $60 million to run his team.

Familiar faces: Jackson said several players on this season’s team who are not under contract this season will be back next season.

“We’re going to ask them to come back and they're going to fill out a good part of our roster. We can’t bring in eight guys and expect them to play together, that’s not a part of our plan,” Jackson said. “We have guys that are going to be really good team members that are participating on this team right now. That part of it is important for us. It also says something about how we’re going to play.”

Anthony, Jose Calderon, Cleanthony Early and Tim Hardaway Jr. are under contract for next season. Langston Galloway has a partially guaranteed deal.

All other players on the roster will be free agents this summer.
 2 years ago '04        #11484
space
space
Begley

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks president Phil Jackson will have a ton of money to offer free agents this summer. He'll also have nearly a dozen championship rings to show them.

But the way Jackson made it sound Thursday, the Knicks' big lure in free agency will be the triangle offense.

"It's not about who is going to have to have the most money anymore. That playing field has pretty much evened out, especially with the amount of money that's coming into the league. It's going to be who's attractive enough to get the people they want to play their style of play," Jackson told reporters in Los Angeles. "So establishing how you want to play basketball is important."

Essentially, Jackson is betting big that free agents will be drawn to New York by his triangle offense. So this summer will be a referendum of sorts on how the offense is viewed by today's players.

If you listen to what some of the Knicks (and ex-Knicks) have said this season, the triangle may have a bit of a popularity problem.

Here's ex-Knick J.R. Smith on the triangle last month:

"If you're a freelancing player and you like to play up and down, it's not going to suit your game. If you like to play in the half court, move the ball and stuff like that and sacrifice, then it is your situation. It just depends."

Smith may have a credibility issue when it comes to the triangle. But Knicks coach Derek Fisher raised similar questions about the triangle's Q rating earlier this season:

"These current players, they don't necessarily have something to say, 'This team won the championship last year or two years ago doing this; let's try to do it that way,'" Fisher said of the triangle offense. "We're having to create belief that actually you can organize and run this system along with being able to just play basketball in a way that will allow you to win and be one of the best teams in the league."

Speaking Thursday, Fisher told reporters in Los Angeles that he didn't believe the triangle would deter free agents from coming to the Big Apple.

"In free agency, the money tends to say a lot to guys. And guys make decisions based on what's best for them and for their families," he said. "We're selling who we are. The triangle is a part of who we are, but I don't think that a guy who knows how to play basketball will be afraid of having an opportunity to come and play [in New York]."

That may be true. But it's fair to point out this hasn't been a great showcase season for the triangle. New York entered play Thursday with the NBA's 29th-ranked offense.

Triangle supporters may point out that the Knicks would be one of the worst teams in the league no matter what offense they run.

Talent -- not offensive philosophy -- is the club's biggest issue.

But the question going forward for the Knicks is this: Will today's stars be attracted to the triangle?

The answer to that question will become clear in July, when the top-name free agents decide on their future home.

The Knicks, of course, have bet $60 million (Jackson's salary) that players will want to play in Jackson's offense.

Still, some longtime league observers wonder if the triangle has a place in today's NBA.

Earlier this season, when the Knicks had their full complement of players,
the triangle produced a statistical profile that seemed to be the polar opposite of most of the NBA's top offenses.

The Knicks led the league in midrange jump shots attempted and were among the bottom-dwellers in the league in points off drives.

So will today's free agents be attracted to that system, or will they want to play in a modern, pick-and-roll offense?

That's one of the biggest questions facing Jackson this summer.
 2 years ago '04        #11485
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,463 | Props total: 1189 1189
Sounds like since jr got traded he's trying to sway people not to come here
 2 years ago '12        #11486
6ixth Disciple 1353 heat pts1353
space
space
$39,814 | Props total: 14363 14363
So who yall want in the draft?

This off season determins if the Knicks will continue to be failures

63 - 44 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 58% 33 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
 2 years ago '04        #11487
space
space
 Most Hated said:

if no chance in hell for Gasol signing, Okafor...just gonna wait we know what pick NYK gets, wouldn't be shocked if NY somehow ended up with the last pick overall since the NBA is rigged...i mean has no agenda
 2 years ago '07        #11488
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
 Most Hated said:

Karl. Anthony. Towns.

End of discussion. Plays both sides of the ball, better post passer, better shooting range for the pick & pop, and he has potential to be better in the post than Okafor. Towns is like Anthony Davis 2.0. Okafor is like Roy Hibbert 2.0
 2 years ago '04        #11489
space
space
something you won't see on ESPN because it's not part of the agenda

"Knicks: 1st team in NBA history to enter a game with a sub-.200 win pct at least 60 games into season & beat the defending champs (ELIAS)"
 2 years ago '08        #11490
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
Our bench next year looked good against the spurs
 2 years ago '04        #11491
space
space
Ricky Ledo signed a 10 day, was kinda hoping he was included in the Calderon trade but whatever, he still here
 2 years ago '10        #11492
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$13,441 | Props total: 3039 3039
Is Ledo any good?
 2 years ago '04        #11493
space
space
 Blkboipurp said:
Is Ledo any good?
best way to describe him is, "upside". he's basically just like Shved in the sense that more effort he puts on his game, the better. he def. fits the system and with his size, he can play multiple positions. a 6'7, 22 year old scoring PG? that's a good look, especially with what's being done now which is just evaluating talent to see who fits. on paper, he can work with a Melo, especially if you surround him with shooters.
 2 years ago '04        #11494
space
space
funny part is that the Mavericks waived Ledo to give Amar'e a spot on the roster and the Knicks are using the spot Amar'e left behind for Ledo
 2 years ago '11        #11495
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 240 240
 I Am The Truth said:
Karl. Anthony. Towns.

End of discussion. Plays both sides of the ball, better post passer, better shooting range for the pick & pop, and he has potential to be better in the post than Okafor. Towns is like Anthony Davis 2.0. Okafor is like Roy Hibbert 2.0
You're underselling Okafor my dude.
 2 years ago '08        #11496
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
What yall think about cauley stein? he looks like rudy gobert 2.0 imo
 03-25-2015, 07:33 PM         #11497
Peewee Longway 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How y'all feeling about Mudiay(sp)?
 2 years ago '04        #11498
space
space
 QuavoYRN said:
How y'all feeling about Mudiay(sp)?
right now, i'm feeling drafting a big and signing a vet PG to help Melo would benefit more but that's my RIGHT NOW thinking
 2 years ago '04        #11499
space
space
thoughts on the rumor of Greg Monroe signing with Towns being our guy? and the other of possibly training TIMMY! Jr for a 2nd 1st round pick?
 2 years ago '07        #11500
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
 Born_Loser said:
thoughts on the rumor of Greg Monroe signing with Towns being our guy? and the other of possibly training TIMMY! Jr for a 2nd 1st round pick?
If we got Monroe, cool but I'm not ecstatic. Def wouldn't want to overpay him. I'd rather go after Aldridge, but there's a low chance that happens too. So yeah... Monroe is whatever I guess.

Now if we had Towns and Monroe, then I'd be a happy camper.

And yes, Timmy can get traded today if we have another 1st rounder on deck for him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
164 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy