New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES AND MAKE UGLY bi-chES CUTE ii
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Irv Gotti exposes 50 Cent, again.
159 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 18 - Trump business partner ‘told family he knows he and POTUS are..
60 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Im slamming this Hoe (Alexis Skyy)
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #11421
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Begley

NEW YORK -- Goran Dragic is going to consider all of his options in free agency this summer -- including the New York Knicks.

“Every team that is going to be available for me is going to be an option,” the Phoenix point guard said before Saturday’s game against the Knicks. “I think New York, they have great base of fans, [a] great basketball organization [and] in the past few years they didn’t play so well. ... That luck can change quick. It’s still too soon to think about that.”

Dragic has a $7.5 million player option for the 2015-16 season that he is expected to decline. Phoenix, according to reports, will make re-signing Dragic a priority. But between Isaiah Thomas and Eric Bledsoe, they have $14.4 million dedicated to the point guard position next season.

So Dragic may be deemed expendable. There have also been reports that Phoenix would explore its trade options with the 28-year-old Dragic.

Dragic insisted on Saturday that he’s not thinking about free agency at this point in the season.

Instead, he’s focusing on the daily grind of the NBA season with the Suns.

For what it’s worth, though, Dragic did say that he disagrees with Charles Barkley’s theory that free agents will not be attracted to the Knicks because of the Phil Jackson factor.

“Why not? He did an amazing job with the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers,” Dragic told ESPN New York. “I know right now he’s in a different situation -- he’s not coaching that team. But still, I think he has enough knowledge -- he won so many championships -- that he knows what he needs to bring to try to get the team better.”

Dragic added: “You have the great Phil Jackson on this team and then the fans are amazing. Every game is sold out.”

He also didn't think that the Knicks' poor record would be a deterrent for potential free agents.

"It can change quickly," he said.

The Knicks have started the season 5-23. So the light at the end of the tunnel for fans is New York's potential to be a big player in free agency this summer and its first-round draft pick.

The Knicks are expected to have enough cap space to sign a max free agent this summer. So they will have plenty of money to make a strong offer to one of the big names on the market.

It sounds like Dragic will be interested.
 3 years ago '04        #11422
space
space
Berman

Developing their young players soon will be the new credo of this catastrophic 5-30 Knicks’ season, and it eventually could lead to the signing of D-League point guard Langston Galloway to a 10-day contract.

The 6-foot-2 Galloway, a standout on the Knicks’ summer-league team and member of the training-camp roster after going undrafted out of St. Joseph’s, is impressing Phil Jackson as point guard for the inaugural Westchester Knicks.

According to a source, Jackson believes Galloway could be part of the future as a sharp-shooting triangle point guard. Ten-day contracts can be issued starting Jan. 5.

“He’s learning how to be a point guard,” a league source said of Galloway’s Westchester stint.

The conundrum is Galloway can be signed to a 10-day starting Jan. 5 by any NBA team because he technically is a free agent. Only Knicks draft picks, such as Greek guard Thanasis Antetokounmpo, also on Westchester, can’t be signed by other clubs.

The issue is the Knicks would have to create a roster spot for Galloway.

“I’m confident he’ll get his chance this season,” Galloway’s Philadelphia-based agent, Michael Seigel, told The Post. “Who that team is, whether it’s the Knicks or not, I don’t know.’’

The Knicks could waive undrafted forward Travis Wear, whose contract won’t become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10, and try to sign him for Westchester to keep him in the system.

Or the Knicks finally can release injury-plagued Andrea Bargnani, who made his season debut against the Clippers on New Year’s Eve but is back on the shelf after reinjuring his calf against Detroit on Friday.

Bargnani has an expiring contract.

The Knicks are concerned Galloway could be signed elsewhere before they open a roster spot. The D-League Showcase is held Jan. 15-19 in Santa Cruz, Calif., and Galloway will attend. After the preview of the top D-League players, a series of signings often take place.

The Knicks have enough point guards on their roster in veterans Jose Calderon, Pablo Prigioni and youngster Shane Larkin. But the Knicks decided against exercising the $2 million option on Larkin for next season, perhaps thinking Galloway can come cheaper.

Galloway is nowhere as speedy as Larkin but is a much-better 3-point shooter, rebounder and considered a cerebral player.

The Knicks thinking is Galloway’s smarts and 3-point ability makes up for his lack of penetration ability, which isn’t as vital in the triangle. Plus, he is rebounding better than Westchester’s bigs.

Galloway was a point guard in high school and as a freshman at St. Joe’s before being converted to a shooting guard. He is averaging 16.4. 6.2 rebounds, 2.4 a.ssists and 2.7 steals per game and shooting 44.5 percent — 35 percent from 3-point land.

Meanwhile, Antetokounmpo, selected in the second round last June, is brother of the Greek Freak, Giannis, whose Bucks play at the Garden on Sunday.

The defensive-minded Antetokounmpo still is a project, though also hoping to land on the Knicks roster by season’s end. But there is no urgency from Knicks brass.
 3 years ago '04        #11423
space
space
hearing NYK is involved in the incoming Dion Waiters, three team trade
 3 years ago '04        #11424
space
space
looks like the first casualty is Smitty, JR to Cle
 3 years ago '04        #11425
space
space
so far its

Lance Thomas & Reggie Jackson to NY
Iman Shumpert & JR Smith to Cleveland
Dion Waiters to OKC
 3 years ago '04        #11426
space
space
i think we end up with both Waiters & Jackson though
 3 years ago '04        #11427
space
space
hearing NYK will be geting waivable pieces in the process and if Dalembert involved, expect a pick or two coming our way
 3 years ago '04        #11428
space
space
so far its' basically just savings & a 2nd round pick for JR Smith in the trade
 3 years ago '04        #11429
space
space
Lance Thomas, Alex Kirk and Lou Amundson are the expected three guys to be waived by NY

nothing official yet and Reggie won't be coming to NY. the official word needs to come out already lmfao
 3 years ago '04        #11430
space
space
with 2 open spots available for sure (MAYBE a third)

captain obvious says Greek Freak & Galloway will be given them spots
 3 years ago '07        #11431
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1597 1597

I dunno how much of this I can take Whoever we get better be worth there weight in gold
 3 years ago '04        #11432
space
space
Calderon on the move now to create even more cap space for next year?

shall see what happens between now and the deadline
 3 years ago '04        #11433
space
space
Galloway will make his debut tomorrow
 3 years ago '04        #11434
space
space
Berman

With one of the roster spots opened in Monday’s roster revamp, the Knicks will sign D-League point guard Langston Galloway to a 10-day contract, according to a league source.

Galloway was on their summer-league team and training camp roster before joining the Westchester Knicks affiliate. Phil Jackson likes Galloway’s ability to run the triangle offense because of his outside shooting ability and smarts.

The Post first reported Jackson was ready to sign Galloway once he had a roster spot.

Galloway is not as speedy as reserve Shane Larkin, but is a viewed as a better 3-point shooter and rebounder.

The Knicks’ thinking is Galloway’s smarts and 3-point ability may make up for his lack of slashing skills, which isn’t as vital in the triangle.

Galloway was a point guard in high school and as a freshman at St. Joseph’s before being converted to a shooting guard. He was averaging 16.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, 2.4 a.ssists and 2.7 steals per game and shooting 44.5 percent (35 percent from 3-point land) in the offense-friendly D-League.
 3 years ago '04        #11435
space
space
Berman

WASHINGTON – London is calling for Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony says he plans to make his return from a sore left knee Jan. 15 when the Knicks play their showcase game at O2 Arena in London against the Bucks, feeling the roughly two-week break will get him close to 100 percent. But Anthony warned if he returns for a few games and still does not feel great, he could shut it down again or undergo surgery.

Anthony has called surgery “a last, last option.’’ He referred to the injury as “a pebble in his shoe,’’ a possible indication he could be dealing with loose or torn cartilage.

“As of right now I expect to be coming back in London,’’ Anthony said at the Knicks morning shootaround at Verizon Center before Wednesday’s game against the Wizards. “I thought these two weeks would really help me out to see if rest is really the issue or if I [need to] take proper precaution or get something done.’’

Anthony will miss his third straight game Wednesday since last playing on New Year’s Eve, and admitted it’s “sad’’ to miss a game near Baltimore, where he moved from Brooklyn in junior high.

“Some days are better than others, sometimes it’s not [painful],’’ Anthony said. “It’s kind of like having a little rock or pebble in the shoe. Some days it’s not.’’

President Phil Jackson blew up the Knicks roster Monday by trading J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert — probably the two players Anthony is closest with — to the Cavaliers. Jackson also waived center Samuel Dalembert.

“Cleveland is getting two good players,’’ Anthony said.

Anthony said both players were broken up over the trade, when they heard the news in the locker room 20 minutes before Monday night’s tip-off in Memphis.

“To see them guys, it was a state of confusion,’’ Anthony said. “I got a chance to talk to both of them, talk to J.R. They were really hurt. I had to try to calm them down and let them know everything will be alright. You have to move on and get past it.’’

Anthony had played with Smith dating to their Denver days. When Shumpert was a rookie, Anthony was his best friend on the club.

“That’s tough to deal with from a non-basketball standpoint,’’ Anthony said. “To lose two friends, a guy in Shump, he was my rookie when he came into this league. A guy I kind of put under my wing and talked to and got him through his darker times. J.R., we’ve been together almost 10 years. To see my like my brother, it’s more than basketball from that standpoint. Me and J.R. have been rocking with each other since our Denver days. And one day it’s over from being teammates.’’

Anthony hasn’t spoken to the Zen Master about the trade, but trusts it was the right thing, though the Knicks didn’t get any tangible a.ssets, a sentiment he first shared in a first-person video published Tuesday night.

“When I first committed back to New York, it’s something I always said I have to trust they know what they’re doing,” Anthony said Wednesday. “That was one of the reasons I wanted to come back. So here’s an opportunity with the trust. Everything starts now. ‘’

The Knicks have decided against keeping Thunder forward Lance Thomas, and will waive him along with the two other non-guaranteed players acquired in Monday’s deal. Thomas is known as a good locker-room guy with limited skills. It’s an indication the Knicks may be able to use one of their trade exceptions gained in the trade to bring in another player

The Knicks are waiting for the trade to become official with all physicals passed before signing D-League point guard Langston Galloway to a 10-day contract. He is with the Knicks in Washington, and Derek Fisher hopes to play him.
 3 years ago '04        #11436
space
space
NYK had interest in Glen Rice, Jr shall see what happens with that now that he's been waived by the Wiz
 3 years ago '08        #11437
AC_89 180 heat pts180
space
space
$37,603 | Props total: 10988 10988
When r they gonna call up giannis brother?
 3 years ago '04        #11438
Jae_Hood_354 121 heat pts121
space
space
$8,135 | Props total: 2529 2529
Right I wanna see him get some shine too
 3 years ago '04        #11439
space
space
Looks like Lou Amundson will finally play in NY, he has a 10 day contract in his future
 3 years ago '04        #11440
space
space
Lance Thomas appears to also have a 10 day in his future as well, shall see what happens with that as soon as tomorrow
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Kid fuuks Bully's mother then confesses on live radio.
22 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BX Simp Shows You How Not To Deal With Women
58 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA JJ Redick explains shooting at the line & that some players always gonna b..
51 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Awkward Jay at it again
103 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBaywatch saving drowning victims in the offseason
82 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Aug 20 - A Current Taco Bell Employee Just Dished Out 7 Secrets You Need to Know
115 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside The leaked NASA footage -- that they *CAN NOT* explain........!!
173 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The first ever school shooter..why did she do it?.. She didnt like. . .
87 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy