New York Knicks

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
171 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #11381
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,711 | Props total: 2231 2231
yeah, team is looking to either waive or trade (i'm hoping trade to get something outta him) Outlaw in favor of Wear
 10-26-2014, 02:19 PM         #11382
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
yeah, team is looking to either waive or trade (i'm hoping trade to get something outta him) Outlaw in favor of Wear
We are waiving Outlaw.
 2 years ago '04        #11383
space
space
Capt. Obvious, appears Marc Gasol may be the top FA NYK goes after next year
 2 years ago '04        #11384
space
space
Travis Wear is our 15th man

good fu*king day so far between this news and Benedict Cumberbatch set to play Doctor Strange
 2 years ago '04        #11385
space
space
not all the details yet but it looks like NYK & Sixers are making a trade
we'd get Arnett Moultrie for Travis Outlaw, 2nd round pick and the ability to swap 2nd round picks in the future
 10-27-2014, 02:49 PM         #11386
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
we'd get Arnett Moultrie for Travis Outlaw, 2nd round pick and the ability to swap 2nd round picks in the future
Hinkie can't keep getting away with this.

2 years ago '11        #11387
King Henry 522 heat pts522
space
space
$41,178 | Props total: 4628 4628
 Born_Loser said:
 Kitsch said:
Hinkie can't keep getting away with this.

[video - click to view]

10-27-2014, 03:06 PM         #11388
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Henry said:
 2 years ago '07        #11389
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
Tonight's the night. Go Knickstape.
 2 years ago '04        #11390
space
space
George Willis

For a while Derek Fisher looked like a genius, a modern-day Zen Master. His late insertion of Amar’e Stoudemire into the starting lineup for Wednesday night’s season opener against the Bulls at the Garden was providing instant results.

Looking like he did in his All-Star days, Stoudemire dominated the first nine minutes of the game, fueling the Knicks to a fast start that would see the home team take an early 16-11 lead. Stoudemire had half of the Knicks points, sandwiching two dunks between two outside jump shots that energized the sellout crowd.

What Stoudemire had hoped before the game was becoming reality.

“It’s time to take the hard work I’ve done in practice to the game,” he had said.

Now he was doing just that. Or so it seemed.

It wasn’t long before Fisher wasn’t a genius and Stoudemire wasn’t 21 again. After Stoudemire left the game at 2:59 of the first quarter with the Knicks up by five, the Bulls bench dominated the rest of the quarter, jump-starting Chicago to an easy 104-80 win.

“The start of the game we played solid,” said Stoudemire, who finished with 12 points and eight rebounds. “Then once they started ramping up the defense we took a step back.”

It’s unclear whether Stoudemire will start Thursday’s game in Cleveland or go back to the bench. He spent almost all of the preseason coming off the bench, which is why eyebrows were raised when Fisher announced Stoudemire would start the opener at power forward.

Fisher said he looked at the matchup against the Bulls and teams in the Eastern Conference in making his decision.

“We feel good about having the two bigs out there starting the game,” he said, referring to Stoudemire and center Samuel Dalembert.

That good feeling didn’t last a quarter.

“We’re still discovering all of our possibilities,” Fisher said after the Knicks’ most one-sided loss in a season opener since losing to the Sixers 101-72 in 2000.

Fisher was a player for nearly two decades so he knows how egos can impact an NBA team. You only can hope his decision to put Stoudemire in the starting lineup was for basketball reasons and not a flip-flop by a rookie head coach to appease one player.

“He’s put himself in position where he’s out there to start,” Fisher said before the game. “He’s worked hard to be in this position.”

Stoudemire validated his start by his early impact. He played strong defense against Joakim Noah, ran the floor in transition and made his first four field goals. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau wasn’t surprised.

“People tend to forget how good Amar’e is,” he said.

But starting Stoudemire left the Knicks bench without many weapons other than the streaky J.R. Smith. As Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony watched from the bench, the Bulls claimed a 39-28 lead before they re-entered the game. It got ugly from there.

Fisher will have to figure out what works best for the Knicks and not what makes his players happy. It was just a few days ago when Stoudemire seemed annoyed at coming off the bench, saying, “I’m not sure why,” when asked why he wasn’t being considered to start. “I need to find out.”

It’s unclear if he and Fisher discussed his role.

“We have an open line of communication,” is all Stoudemire would say. “He has an open-door policy with all of his players.We feel confident to talk him about any situation.”

If Fisher changed his lineup simply to appease Stoudemire, that’s not a good sign. It’s never works when the inmates run the asylum.

Stoudemire said he would be happy starting or coming off the bench. He has always been a good soldier as a Knick, and if he twisted Fisher’s arm to get a start on opening night that might be expected. But it’s difficult to see the Knicks winning without either Stoudemire or Anthony on the floor.

Fisher promised to do what’s best for the team and that might mean Stoudemire coming off the bench. Whatever the plan, the last thing the Knicks need is an indecisive rookie head coach.
 2 years ago '04        #11391
space
space
Berman

Square, octagon, hexagon, circle.

The system may not matter. This collection of Knicks players just may not be good enough — or have enough heart.

Worse than getting outclassed, 104-80, by the co-Eastern Conference favorite Bulls in the season opener Wednesday night at the Garden, the Knicks appeared to be a spiritless, lifeless bunch that didn’t defend, rebound or grab loose balls once they fell behind in coach Derek Fisher’s debut — let alone trust the triangle offense. Some players admitted they barely put up a f!ght in the second half when it got out of hand.

“We can’t die like that,’’ Iman Shumpert said. “I think our energy died, and we can’t do that.’’

Now a salivating LeBron James and the Cavaliers await them Thursday night at Quicken Loans Arena after the Knicks suffered their largest margin of defeat for a season opener in 14 years.

It was the worst kind of debut fans were hoping to see under the reign of new team president Phil Jackson.

“Not ready for showtime, were we guys?” Jackson said on the way out of the arena, ducking into his black SUV. “I can’t tell how long it’s going to take.”

The Knicks shot just 36.5 percent, mustered 37 points in the second half and allowed Chicago to shoot 51 percent with little resistance in sealing off the paint.

“We got to learn from that,’’ Carmelo Anthony said. “When we get down in certain situations, we didn’t react well tonight. We got to get better at that.’’

Starting point guard Jose Calderon was a late scratch with a calf injury and his poise was missed. His status for Cleveland is unknown, Fisher said. He was seen limping by the locker room after the game. Inexperienced Shane Larkin (six points, three a.ssists, 2-for-6) started in Calderon’s place.

With the Bulls bench pounding the Knicks reserves into submission, Chicago ran away with a victory at what turned into a quiet Garden for much of the second half, with light booing swirling around the confines.

The triangle is off to a terrible start, and the players looked more robotic than revved up.

“We have to ask ourselves about effort,’’ Anthony said. “We got to get better bringing energy. As much as it is disappointing to lose the season opener, we have another shot at it tonight.”

Fisher said confidence is an issue.

“My a.ssessment of tonight is, we are going somewhere, but at the beginning of where we’re going it’s going to be difficult to get wins,’’ Fisher said. “We’re going to have to f!ght pretty hard to win games. It’s difficult to sustain when you’re still growing in confidence about who you are. Because of who we are, we’re still discovering our possibilities. We’re not as fully confident we can stick to what we’re learning new.’’

In the second half, it appeared they mostly stopped trying to get into formation.

“I thought Chicago did a great job taking away a lot of options, which is what the triangle is about,’’ Anthony said. “The third quarter we got in a hole and it was hard to get back. I’m not embarrassed. We didn’t play well. I’m not embarrassed. We will be better.’’

Anthony scored a quiet 14 points in 29 minutes and sat the fourth quarter with the club down 24 points after three.

“Their game plan was for me not to see any daylight,’’ Anthony said.

Bulls reserve forward Taj Gibson, a native New Yorker, ripped the Knicks, coming off the Chicago bench to score 22 points with eight rebounds on 10-of-12 shooting.

The Bulls outscored the Knicks 31-17 in the third quarter.

“When the bright lights come on, it’s easy to go back to your old ways,’’ said J.R. Smith, who finished with just six points. “We have to be mindful and focused enough to stick with the game plan.’’

Fisher pulled a surprise starting Amar’e Stoudemire (12 points, eight rebounds) at power forward after not giving him a start at that position all preseason. He got outplayed by Pau Gasol (21 points, 10 rebounds) and it left the bench weak. The Knicks bench was outscored 55-29.

Jackson was shown in a video on the scoreboard during pregame warmups, stating this era is going to be “special.’’

But it started rather ugly.

The Bulls kept piling it on in the fourth quarter, going up by 35, though Fisher surrendered by putting in Cole Aldrich and rookies Cleanthony Early and Travis Wear.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau left Gibson in the game. After rookie Doug McDermott sank a 3-pointer to put Chicago up 98-65 with 6:26 left, Fisher called a timeout and McDermott and Joakim Noah did a wild chest bump on the bench. No mercy from Thibodeau, who is beyond tired of talking about Anthony’s snub this summer when the free agent was courted by the Bulls. And Anthony must be wondering if he did the right thing by staying with the Knicks.

“He moved on and we moved on,’’ Thibodeau said.
 2 years ago '04        #11392
space
space
Begley

Pau Gasol turned down the Knicks in free agency this summer. But he told reporters on Wednesday that it's "possible" his brother could end up in the Big Apple.

Marc Gasol, Pau's younger brother, is expected to test free agency this summer. The Knicks are on track to have enough cap space to offer the Grizzlies center a maximum contract.

Pau Gasol told reporters before the Knicks-Bulls game that he's talked to his brother about Knicks president Phil Jackson, for whom Pau played with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"It's a personal decision," Pau Gasol said. "I talked to my brother enough about Phil that he knows what he brings to the table. I don't know how much he's involved with the team, really. He's in an upstairs position, management position. He's not on the court every day, so it's something that [Marc] will consider when he gets to that point."

Marc Gasol will have plenty of suitors this summer. One of the top defenders in the league, Gasol is also a strong passer who can operate out of the high post and potentially fit the Knicks' triangle offense.

"We'll see what happens next year, what he decides," Pau Gasol said. "Hopefully he'll have a strong year and all the options in the world. Because he's one of the top centers, interior players, in the league. So any team would be fortunate to have him."
 2 years ago '12        #11393
6ixth Disciple 1354 heat pts1354
space
space
$39,880 | Props total: 14446 14446

67 - 50 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 57% 33 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
 2 years ago '04        #11394
space
space
been ranting on the twitter machine and on that facetimemyspacebook site and fu*k TNT as a style, a staff and as a motherfu*king channel.

please don't ever have Barkley do "commentary" EVER again, especially for a team that swept his a.ss back in the day and he still mad about it. i'll give Reggie a pass cause he's just a d!ck rider who will do whatever to fit in with the dominating figure he's commentating with. i want my Knick games (would love to have ALL games) on MSG cuz two things i will always get from that channel, actually commentary and unbiased opinions. 2 quarters of repetitive jokes (that's been said over and over and over for OVER a decade) when the Knicks are down. Knicks take and KEEP the lead in the 2nd half and NOTHING, not even jokes, no fu*king commentary about the actual game (unless you wanna count making excuses for the star). Knicks hit bi*chboy Barkley with the Encino Man

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '07        #11395
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
 Born_Loser said:
been ranting on the twitter machine and on that facetimemyspacebook site and fu*k TNT as a style, a staff and as a motherfu*king channel.

please don't ever have Barkley do "commentary" EVER again, especially for a team that swept his a.ss back in the day and he still mad about it. i'll give Reggie a pass cause he's just a d!ck rider who will do whatever to fit in with the dominating figure he's commentating with. i want my Knick games (would love to have ALL games) on MSG cuz two things i will always get from that channel, actually commentary and unbiased opinions. 2 quarters of repetitive jokes (that's been said over and over and over for OVER a decade) when the Knicks are down. Knicks take and KEEP the lead in the 2nd half and NOTHING, not even jokes, no fu*king commentary about the actual game (unless you wanna count making excuses for the star). Knicks hit bi*chboy Barkley with the Encino Man

I feel you my g... I'm cool with TNT when it's a non-Knick game but everybody loves talkin sh*t bout us when we play on TNT... I love when we get that W and people gotta stfu. Reggie & Charles especially... Marv is cool bc he used to work for MSG.

It's not a fluke win either. Our bench completely mopped theirs, we outrebounded them, hell Melo & JR had lead our team with 6+ dimes each. Four people in double figures and another 3 with 8 or more points. Balanced attack. We just need to work on our D and not forget about the shot clock and we'll be a playoff team in April.

Just ease back and enjoy the season... You know it's KnicksTape all day homie
 2 years ago '04        #11396
space
space
Berman

CLEVELAND — It was the Miracle by Lake Erie!

The Knicks really know how to destroy a wild Northeast Ohio party and stun the basketball world.

Figuring to be sacrificial lambs to mark LeBron James’ super-hyped return to Cleveland, Derek Fisher’s Knicks stole a stunning 95-90 victory Thursday night, reducing the King to an overanxious shell of himself while quieting Quicken Loans Arena.

Fisher masterfully used an 11-man rotation, using all of his unsung guys, even the anonymous Travis Wear to guard the struggling James in the first half.

It was a shocking win considering how uninspiring the Knicks looked in their season-opening 24-point loss to Chicago when they were lousy in all phases.

James was miserable, finishing with 17 points on 5-of-15 shooting and throwing the ball all about downtown Cleveland in committing eight turnovers. He had five rebounds and four a.ssists.

Carmelo Anthony was cool all night despite foul trouble, scoring 25 points and got help in all the unexpected places.

But it was Anthony who hit the biggest shot of the game. He nailed a tough baseline jumper over James to make it 92-87 with 26 seconds to go — the kind of game-sealing shot he didn’t make all last season.

Jason Smith came off the bench and finished with 12 points, making 5-of-6 shots. It was the kind of team win the triangle is supposed to embody as the Knicks finished with 30 a.ssists — more than any game from a season ago — on 37 made field goals. A night after shooting 36.5 percent from the field, they hit 53.6 percent of their shots.

Third-string center Cole Aldrich, Quincy Acy, who started, and Wear all made contributions on offense and helped make James look ordinary. Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith, who had a team-high seven a.ssists, also reached double-digits, with 12 and 11 points, respectively. Shane Larkin started at point guard again with Jose Calderon now out two-to-three more weeks with a strained calf and had five a.ssists, five steals and nine points.

The Knicks were up 88-80 after a Shumpert bucket with 2:20 left, but the Cavs roared back to 88-85. They had a chance to tie but Kevin Love hit the front rim on a 3-pointer and J.R. Smith scored on a driving floater with 48 seconds left, putting the Knicks back up 90-85.

Thousands poured into the downtown streets all afternoon for a festival with outdoor concerts and revelry in the packed bars outside the arena. Before the game, there was a pregame ceremony marked by fans throwing white confetti into the air to mimic James’ tradition of tossing talcum powder before tipoff.

“It’s like Christmas,’’ one fan bellowed.

But the night became as frightening as Halloween for a revived fan base thinking this is the year to break Cleveland’s championship hex.

With James playing one of the worst halves of his career, the Knicks managed to be within 44-42 at halftime. Fisher used 11 players in the first 13 minutes, even playing the unsung Wear, a long shot to make the team, to defend James in the second quarter.

After a pregame ceremony that was understated but touching, with James saying on the big screen “there’s no place like home,’’ he looked very shaky, nervous and overanxious across the first 24 minutes.

James was 1-of-9 for four points, going 0-for-3 from 3-point range and committed four turnovers as he tried to get accustomed to his talented but very new teammates and where they’ll be on the floor.

The Knicks got under James’ skin. Late in the third, Jason Smith knocked the ball away from James after the whistle. James took exception and Smith didn’t back away.

James was pressing. After hauling in a rebound late in the third, he sprinted upcourt and decided on a forced fall-away from the baseline without giving up the ball.

Anthony picked up his fourth foul with 22 seconds left in the third and kept on the bench as the Knicks maintained the lead. After rapid ball movement, Acy hit an open 15-footer and the Knicks led 75-71 with 7:47 left.

Fisher finally put in Anthony back in with 6:30 left and he promptly hit a wide open 3-pointer for an 80-71 lead with 5:48 left as he scored nine points in the fourth.

Fisher brought Amar’e Stoudemire off the bench and started Acy at power forward, giving the Knicks more of the look they had during the preseason.
 2 years ago '09        #11397
59fifty 
space
space
$16,390 | Props total: 3002 3002
Word I feel u but it made last night victory that much sweeter
 2 years ago '04        #11398
space
space
Begley

The New York Knicks have declined to pick up point guard Shane Larkin's third-year option. They've also decided against offering Iman Shumpert a contract extension. Both moves are yet another indication that the organization hopes to add significant talent in free agency this summer.

The two moves became official at midnight on Friday, which was the deadline to both extend and pick up options for players on their rookie contracts. Now that his option hasn't been picked up, Larkin will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. Larkin can still re-sign with the Knicks but only for up to the amount of the option that was declined, which is $1,675,320.

Shumpert likely will become a restricted free agent, a.ssuming the Knicks make him a qualifying offer by June 30.

Deciding against extending Shumpert and declining Larkin's option are both risks. Larkin and Shumpert could have strong seasons and end up signing with other teams in free agency.

Obviously, that's a risk the Knicks are willing to take. It is also another sign that the organization is making free agency in 2015 and 2016 a top priority. Had they opted to pick up Larkin's option or extend Shumpert, the transaction would have eaten into their cap space in the summer of 2015 and, in Shumpert's case, 2016.

With the contracts for Amar'e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani set to expire, the Knicks are expected to have enough cap space to sign a max-salary player this summer.

Marc Gasol, Greg Monroe and Rajon Rondo, among others, are expected to test the market in the 2015 offseason.

Depending on how the Knicks spend their money this summer and how the new TV contract impacts the salary cap, New York might be able to chase max free agents in the summer of 2016, when Kevin Durant is expected to be available.
 2 years ago '04        #11399
space
space
Berman

Knicks president Phil Jackson stayed away from the shores of Lake Erie on a historic Thursday night in Cleveland. It was LeBron James’ Homecoming Part 2, but it also turned into the night Derek Fisher became his own man and own coach — never again to be classified as Jackson’s puppet.

From an evening dedicated to King James emerged “The Fisher King’’ and his first victory as an NBA head coach. There was so much to like about Fisher’s unconventional approach to facing the Cavaliers, using 11 different players in the first 13 minutes. Fisher loudly proclaimed through actions his rotation has no boundaries, and he made hard decisions with established players on minutes.

We all know about the flowery rhetoric that flutters from Fisher’s lips, as a player, union president and since accepting Jackson’s offer in June. The athletic director at Arkansas-Little Rock thought Fisher, as a student, would wind up as governor of Arkansas or a state senator.

Well, this budding state senator who lists Bill Clinton as one of his compadres can coach, too.

“I thought about how fortunate I am to be in this situation in life where you go to work and this many people are excited about what’s going to happen on the court,’’ Fisher said when asked about the electric night’s festivities. “It was a fun night, and obviously we feel better about getting the win, but we’ll enjoy it for a few hours and by the time we get back into the city, we’ll get ready for Charlotte.”

Fisher made all the right moves in deploying nearly his whole roster. Third-string center Cole Aldrich, who showed ruggedness in fourth-quarter garbage time in the season-opening horror against Chicago, got rotation time; undrafted free agent Travis Wear, a long shot to make the roster, was asked to defend James in the early going; Fisher rolled with Quincy Acy as starting power forward just as he rolled with him in preseason, sticking with his convictions and moving Amar’e Stoudemire back to a reserve role.

Fisher kept Anthony, who had four fouls, out for the first six minutes of the fourth quarter — a delicious move that had him springy down the stretch.

Fisher benched starting center Samuel Dalembert for the final three quarters after playing just 5:34, figuring he couldn’t affect the game with a sore left calf. He held down former rookie sensation Tim Hardaway Jr.’s minutes to 4:45 in a bold maneuver that bears watching. Hardaway was awful on both ends in the season-opening blowout loss to Chicago.

What made Fisher’s night even more special was how he started his postgame press conference. The first question: “What stood out about tonight?’’

There were dozens of different ways Fisher could have responded after the Knicks spoiled the Homecoming King’s night and quieted The Q. Fisher got contributions from all over the place.

Instead, this is how Fisher answered: “Tim Hardaway Jr. He played four minutes, and the level of support and commitment to his teammates and how involved he was in the game, although he wasn’t in, says a lot about him and who we are trying to become. It was a great team win tonight.’’

Some mocked Fisher afterward for the silliness of citing Hardaway’s cheerleading role after this stunning win. Mark it down as Fisher’s first move in attempting to massage the big egos found on every NBA roster, no matter how strange that sound bite seemed. No mention or barb at Hardaway’s recent poor play. Yes, Fisher is no Jackson, who recently published a pointed scouting report on each player, citing Hardaway doesn’t finish well with his left hand.

The triangle offense was pilloried from every angle after the season-opening 104-80 bust against Chicago. But Fisher still had his team believing the following night. J.R. Smith said when the team watched film in the Cleveland hotel, there was a lot of chatter, a lot of players voicing opinions about the viewing.

“We showed a high level of trust and confidence in each other,’’ Fisher said. “If they just execute the basic things we’ve been teaching them and working on, things will work out. We showed a lot of patience and composure and those are the things that we need as we move through this season. We won’t always play perfect and win games going away, so to be able to win a close game on the road this early in the season is a good way for us to get back to work and start looking ahead to Charlotte.’’

Fisher probably started Stoudemire on opening night for political reasons, knowing the six-time All-Star was confused by his preseason bench role. It was a mistake. Fisher grew as a coach in Cleveland. He played Wear in the first quarter to defend James in a game on national TV. That’s guts. That’s also sending out the stern message nobody’s job or role is safe.

Fisher is already an orator. Thursday in LeBron’s house, The Fisher King became a coach.
 2 years ago '04        #11400
space
space
Berman

The only thing that could have made it sweeter for Carmelo Anthony was reaching the 20,000-point milestone at Quicken Loans Arena in the process of spoiling LeBron James’ and Northeast Ohio’s party Thursday night.

As it turned out, Anthony’s 25 points left him three shy of joining the 20,000-point club. He’ll be expected to do it instead at the Garden on Sunday early in the Knicks’ game against the Hornets, becoming the eighth active player to be in that elite company and 40th overall. Current luminaries Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter and James already are there. Figure on the Garden making sure the moment is commemorated.

Thursday’s game was supposed to be James’ Cleveland coronation, but it turned into Anthony’s revenge instead, as he outdid his buddy and rival, dating back to their high-school days.

Anthony punctuated the evening with a game-sealing, left-baseline fallaway over James’ outstretched hand with 26 seconds left. It was hardly the triangle system, but Anthony is aware he must know when to freelance. The question will be when and where.

“I got to believe in it,” Anthony said after the 95-90 stunner. “Which is one of the reasons I wanted to come back. To embrace in and believe in the system. It worked for us tonight. [Wednesday’s loss to Chicago] was kind of a shocker. They threw something at us we never seen before and we’ve adjusted to that.’’

There used to be a greater buzz about Anthony always getting the best of James, all the way back to scholastic contests. That storyline disappeared last season, wiped away completely last April in Miami in their previous meeting, when Anthony refused to shoot in the fourth quarter of a must-win contest.

Anthony was ailing with a bum shoulder, out of rhythm (shooting 4-for-17) and decided to be a decoy in a stinging defeat that ended the Knicks’ late bid for a playoff spot. James, meanwhile, was a runaway freight train in racking up 38 points on 22 shots.

Anthony’s late-game heroics were missing all last season, when his final-minute numbers in close games were abhorrent. Anthony was 0-of-8 in the final 10 seconds of games that were within three points — 1-of-13 in the final 30 seconds.

It was a stunning aberration after Anthony developed a reputation as a clutch late-game shooter in Denver. The theory was coach Mike Woodson played him too many minutes and he had no legs left at the end of games.

Then came Thursday in Cleveland, when Anthony wound up owning King James’ building for one night, with coach Derek Fisher getting an a.ssist, too.

After Anthony committed his fourth foul Thursday night in the final seconds of the third quarter, Fisher used the situation to give Anthony a big break, keeping him out until there was 6:30 left. Fisher could do so because the five on the floor were functioning well.

With the extra rest, Anthony came in fresh, promptly sank a 3-pointer and scored nine fourth-quarter points, including the clincher. Anthony played a modest 34:20.

Anthony’s game-winning three-point play against Washington nine days ago in the final seconds was a confidence booster, even though it was preseason. In last season’s second game, Anthony missed a potential game-winner in Chicago and it set a bad tone.

“It was our mental strength,’’ Anthony said. “We stayed the course. We willed our way to this one.’’
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
205 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
87 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Big Boi Explains That "Record For Outkast" Gucci Mane Was Talking About
47 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
115 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
130 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
277 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
41 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy