New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brother photoshops sister with Chief Keef and sends out Christmas cards
36 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
144 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #11341
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Berman

WEST POINT — Never mind.

Carmelo Anthony said after Thursday’s Knicks practice at Christl Arena that his reported remark about being an “underrated superstar’’ was taken out of context.

“I don’t feel like that,’’ Anthony said. “I think it was the way the course of the conversation was going. They took it and ran with it. It’s not something — I don’t get into that. I’ll let you guys write about if I’m underrated or not. I know what I can do on the basketball court. I know what I can get better at. But as self-proclaiming as me being underrated, it’s not what I believe.’’

In a television interview with ESPN at Monday’s Media Day that has yet to air, Anthony was asked if he felt he’s an underrated superstar. He laughed and said, “I think I’m the most underrated superstar that’s out there, but that doesn’t matter to me.”

On Thursday, Anthony said the question was “a setup.’’ He did not seem angry, but said he just wanted to clear up that he doesn’t feel “slighted.’’

“At the end of the day, you get what you deserve,’’ Anthony said Thursday. “Last year we didn’t make the playoffs. We took a step backwards. Regardless of what kind of season I had statistically, it doesn’t matter. The year before it was a different year. We did have team success. At end of the day, I want to win. Whatever comes with that, I accept it.”

Anthony has been out of the first round of the playoffs just twice in 11 seasons. He missed the playoffs for the first time in his career last season and struggled in clutch spots as the Knicks lost 15 games by 5 points or less. Anthony was heavily recruited as a free agent. He visited four teams, all willing to give him a max deal. The Knicks offered him the max, but Anthony took less — a five-year, $124 million package.

“I’m good,’’ Anthony said. “I know my capabilities. I know what I’m bringing to the table with the Knicks. I don’t even think about [being underrated]. If I start thinking about that, I’m losing focus on the task at hand.’’

In the TV interview, Anthony reportedly said he believes he’s on a similar level to LeBron James and Kevin Durant.

“I know personally I’m there,’’ Anthony said.
 2 years ago '04        #11342
space
space
Begley

If things work out well for the Knicks, Derek Fisher hopes to have the same starting lineup for the entire season.

“I do believe in having consistency in your starting lineup,” Fisher said. “... It’s my belief that players respond better to consistency. So hopefully we’ll be able to keep it that way once we settle into it and that we can remain relatively healthy, which is always the key to having a consistent starting rotation."

Last season, Mike Woodson switched his lineups all year, going with 21 different starting units.

Woodson was forced into lineup changes due to injury at times. He also vacillated between playing bigger and smaller lineups.

You can make a strong argument that the lineup inconsistencies were one reason why those Knicks finished with just 37 wins.

Fisher said on Thursday that he has been on teams that change starting lineups and teams that play with consistent starting fives.

“I’ve seen it work both ways. I’ve seen great coaches not necessarily adjust to the team they were playing but adjust based on the way their guys were playing,” Fisher said. “Sometimes guys are not playing as well during certain stretches of the season, a guy has an injury, he’s in and out of the lineup etcetera, but I do believe in having consistency.”

Carmelo Anthony will definitely be in the Knicks' starting lineup, but Fisher has left the other four spots up for grabs.

One particular position of interest is shooting guard. Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr. and J.R. Smith are vying for minutes at the position.

“I think I’ve been pretty frank with our 2-guard position being deepest in terms of three guys that have played minutes that have been out on the floor a lot,” Fisher said. “All three guys are capable of starting or coming off of the bench. It’s just going to more so depend on how our team rounds out, how the balance of five guys on the floor at the same time in our starting group as well as the guys coming off the bench how it fits into the team. So I didn’t come into training camp with a decision made on the front end and I’m not coming in really looking at as though I’m trying to decide on that position.”

Fisher is looking for a starting unit that “can play well together on both ends of the floor."

"That will become obvious to us as we go along," he said. "And it won’t be about singling out individual guys to plug in. it’s about five guys that play as a team.”

The first-year coach has also emphasized defense early on in camp. If he’s looking for a defensive-minded shooting guard, Shumpert may have an edge.

Shumpert's defensive real plus-minus, which measures his impact through the prism of points allowed per 100 defensive possessions, was quite strong -- he ranked first among shooting guards last year who played at least 25 minutes per game (and fourth among all shooting guards).

Hardaway Jr. struggled on defense in his rookie season, but Fisher praised the second-year guard on Thursday.

“We’re going to continue to focus on the defensive end. So whether it’s Tim or anybody else on our team, that’s going to be the end of the floor that separates you from others in terms of how we fill out the roster, how we’re deciding how to build a great team,” Fisher said. “We have a ton of guys that can put the ball in the basket so we have to continue to make sure that defense is a priority and Tim has responded excellently. He’s been active on the defensive end from start to finish every practice.”
 2 years ago '04        #11343
space
space
Begley

The New York Knicks have only had three days of practice together, but Carmelo Anthony already feels a connection with new point guard Jose Calderon.

"We got it," Anthony said when asked about developing chemistry with Calderon. "It’s not hard. Jose is a vet. He knows what he’s doing. He knows how to play. It’s not hard to connect with somebody like that."

Those words will be soothing to fans who were frustrated with Raymond Felton's play last season. Felton was dealt to Dallas along with Tyson Chandler for a package centered around Calderon and Samuel Dalembert.

Anthony and Calderon are expected to be a part of Derek Fisher's starting lineup. The Knicks hope that Calderon's steady hand and accurate shot can help spur the new triangle offense.

Anthony said on Thursday that he expects to be able to exploit defenses all over the floor in the new offense.

“It’s going to be a lot different in a good way with me just picking spots on the basketball court and kind of nobody knowing where I’m going to be on the basketball court,” Anthony said. “It’s just a matter of me learning it a lot more and us as a team learning each other in this system.”

FISH CONFIDENT IN JOSE’S D: Calderon has been labeled as a poor defender by some. But Fisher on Thursday said he isn’t concerned about Calderon being a weak link on defense.

“Defense is about five guys on the team. I was personally persecuted in a sense in L.A. for many years that I couldn’t play defense individually and it’s always about how five guys play defense,” Fisher said. “In the NBA there’s really not the same level of one on one just cover your man type of defense so I think Jose will be fine. He competes hard. So I’m not concerned about whether or not he can play defense. It’s whether or not we can play defense.”

FISH SATISFIED WITH CONDITIONING, TRIANGLE PROGRESS: Fisher is encouraged by his players’ conditioning early in camp. According to a league source, Phil Jackson wasn’t happy with some of the players’ conditioning when he took over as president.

“I’m more than satisfied with the level of conditioning and the base level to start with that all of our guys have,” Fisher said. “I think the game has changed a lot over the years where guys know the potential for injury is much higher if you come into camp trying to get into shape."

Fisher also said it may take veterans a little longer to pick up the triangle than it will younger players.

“It’s not that the system is complicated or difficult to learn but just like anything else it takes a bit longer to undo something and learn something,” the coach said. ... Anthony said the Knicks had a “team-bonding session” at the team hotel on Wednesday night. ... Fisher is appreciative of the level of respect he’s gotten from Anthony and the players so far. “I see it and I sense it. And it’s allowed me to gain more confidence every day that I’m out here with him,” he said. ... Fisher also said being at West Point has had a big impact on the team. “Even though we’ve only been here a few days it doesn’t take long for this atmosphere to kind of permeate and become part of who you are,” he said.
 2 years ago '04        #11344
space
space
Berman

WEST POINT — Nobody is happier to have a coach not named Mike Woodson than Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, who spent last season looking like an angry man with an angry jump shot.

Whether he was angry at former coach Woodson, who rode him hard and criticized him often, wasn’t always clear. Shumpert once said during last season’s misery he was “angry at the world.’’ But he sure isn’t angry at rookie coach Derek Fisher. Shumpert has the utmost respect for Fisher, especially since he buried a 3-pointer in Shumpert’s face last season while playing for the Thunder.

“I love it,’’ Shumpert said. “He sort of seems like he did it before. I didn’t think he’d be that good [as a coach] off the bat. He speaks as if he’s been coaching for years. You forget he played, at times. Until he goes out here, does an example and does it way better than most coaches do it. … He’s professional through and through, on and off the court.’’

Shumpert said Fisher and the new staff are “reteaching fundamentals, like even how to pass. It’s refreshing.”

Earlier this week, Shumpert said his family got on him for looking so visibly upset last season. Shumpert said he has nothing to be angry about now, but admitted circumstances weren’t perfect entering last season’s training camp after owner James Dolan fired general manager Glen Grunwald four days before the first practice and replaced him with Steve Mills, who tried to ship out the former Georgia Tech product.

“There was a lot of other stuff going on,’’ Shumpert said. “We had to do team meetings before practices to sort of explain what’s going on. I think this year it’s more straightforward, a positive energy and positive from [the media] and New York fans.’’

Shumpert, in the final year of his rookie contract, thinks part of the new energy is also being at West Point for training camp.

“You’re more appreciative of the time spent with teammates,’’ he said. “You come to the training facility every day, you lose sight of what’s going on. You never want it to become a job.

“We thought it would be more militant and job-oriented, but it’s more family-oriented. We had run to together in one line. With whatever we do we want to do it together, just because we’ve been on the campus. We just hopes it carries on to throughout the season.’’

Amar’e Stoudemire, who observes Jewish customs, will fast Saturday for Yom Kippur and still practice. Stoudemire said it’s the fourth year he will have fasted.

While legend Willis Reed spent three days at West Point, Walt Frazier stopped by for Thursday night’s practice, but didn’t work with the players. Frazier has expressed interest in doing some instructing during the preseason.

“He’s always working with players on fashion tips but no on-court work this week,’’ Fisher said.

Spike Lee has directed a new special for MSG Network entitled “What is the Triangle Offense?’’ to premiere Oct. 24.
 2 years ago '04        #11345
space
space
Berman

WEST POINT – It hasn’t been easy for Phil Jackson to sit, watch and not speak during practices, presiding over his first training camp in his role as Knicks president.

With the Knicks breaking training camp at West Point on Friday, Jackson managed to get through it without once interrupting Derek Fisher’s practices with his own lecture.

“Sitting there a couple of hours, you attentively stay in tune with what’s going on out there,’’ Jackson said. “But there are times you want to get up and want to say something and you resist. Let them feel their way out there.”

Did he f!ght the urge?

“I didn’t f!ght it,’’ Jackson said. “At times I actually got up. I just got up and walked it out [without talking].’’

Surprisingly, Jackson gave only tepid praise for Fisher’s performance in his first camp. He seems particularly sensitive to not stepping on Fisher’s toes and ensuring everyone knows who the coach is. It’s so touchy that when a reporter asked him if it’s important Fisher is viewed as his own man, Jackson evaded the query.

“Not going to discuss that,’’ Jackson said. “It’s not worth talking about it.”

Jackson’s first choice for coach was Steve Kerr, but Kerr accepted a more lucrative offer from Golden State. Fisher could be a better fit despite going from the court to the sidelines in a matter of months. Fisher is also surrounded by two of Jackson’s top former a.ssistants in Kurt Rambis, who appeared very vocal during camp, and Jim Cleamons.

“[Derek] did a good job including the staff,’’ Jackson said. “Guys had their voice. The players were attentive and enthusiastic.’’

Asked to talk further about Fisher’s leadership in his first week, Jackson declined: “I’ve covered it.’’

Jackson wasn’t his usual glib self, even walking away in the middle of a reporter’s question, abruptly finishing his impromptu press gathering. But he seemed pleased enough with the first week.

“You never get everything done,’’ Jackson said. “The morale of the team, what we’re trying to establish as a direction we want to go. The guys got that message loud and clear.”

Fisher has said a challenge is establishing the boundaries between himself and his boss. After conducting his first practice, Fisher said it was “a good thing’’ Jackson has not interrupted practice. But Fisher wants the greatest-ever coach around, even at age 69 and not very mobile.

“It helps all of us,’’ Fisher said. “Coaches, players, staff is positively impacted whenever there’s great leadership around. Whether offering advice or not, when you’re around great leaders, great people, it’s a positive thing. I think we’ve all benefited.’’

Jackson said the triangle offense Fisher is teaching won’t be learned overnight.

“No one can tell how long it takes,’’ Jackson said. “It’s all receptivity, familiarity, ability for players to learn instinctively. It takes quite a while. You keep it simple to start, then bring complexity into it. Fortunately for us, we had teams [with the Bulls and Lakerrs] that played together. This team hasn’t played together a lot. It’s a learning curve for all of them. They’ll figure out how to get the ball to Carmelo when they need to score. I think that will be a big help for them.’’

Jackson wasn’t specific on players.

“Everyone’s in evaluation,” he said. “We’re just six practices in. This is way too early to get into anything but getting organized and a concerted effort. I see the team starting to focus on defense, learning capabilities offensively so they understand how to play with each other.’’

Jackson also declined to comment on Anthony’s remark he felt he was “an underrated superstar’’ – something he later backed away from.

“I think he discounted that, I don’t think it’s his remark,’’ Jackson said. “It’s the question he answered. I’ll just disregard that part of it.’’
 2 years ago '04        #11346
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony believes the triangle system will alleviate some of the pressure on him to carry the New York Knicks, but he admits he will have to wait until team president Phil Jackson can find the team more help.

While Anthony believes he will benefit from Jackson and coach Derek Fisher's system, the Knicks' star knows that this current roster can use more talent.

"For this season, right now, we have what we have," Anthony said when asked if he feels he has the help he is looking for. "We're going to deal with that. That was a big discussion with me and Phil -- that was one of my things."

During free agency, Anthony told Jackson that he wanted and needed help. Anthony spurned the Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers to re-sign with the Knicks to the tune of five years, $124 million.

He put his trust in Jackson that the Knicks president will be able to find him more help when the team has cap space next summer.

"I didn't want to have to do it night in and night out," Anthony said. "I wanted some nights when somebody else can pick up the load. Right now, with the way we're playing [in training camp], I don't have to do everything. But we haven't played one game. ... So we'll see what happens."

Anthony does think that the triangle will help him win while alleviating the burden of carrying the load like he has in the past.

"It will be less pressure on me," Anthony said of playing in the system. "I can see that now in training camp. I feel that. I can see what we're able to do with the little bit of time we've been together this week. I see other guys' roles and how they're implemented into the system and what they're capable of doing.

"I think it'll be easier. It's still going to be a dogf!ght [this season], but I think it'll be a little bit easier where everybody is not keying in and focusing on me every single time down the court. Now you put the pressure on everybody else, have to guard their man and there's movement. It's a good thing."

Anthony does think the Knicks' current roster has enough power forwards and that he will play small forward this season in the triangle after playing a lot at the 4 in the last two seasons.

"We got too many," he said of the power forwards on the Knicks roster. "I don't need to go down there and battle. For what?

"If it comes down to it, I'll go back there, but I doubt it. They're going to move me down there. ... I think in this system more than anything playing on the wing is where I like to be -- playing in the post is where I like to be -- and the way we play we're all over the court, so you never know where you're going to get the ball."
 2 years ago '04        #11347
space
space
as far as making moves, capt. obvious says don't expect NYK to make ANY move that will jeopardize next offseason in which NYK will attempt to go HAM for Durant to pair him with Melo
 2 years ago '04        #11348
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony says LeBron James can have his two-year free-agent contract that now looks like a genius financial investment in the wake of the NBA’s new multi-billion-dollar television package.

Anthony is content with the five-year, $124 million contract he signed with the Knicks. The new maximum contract for superstars could go up as much as $30 million for 2016 free agents such as Kevin Durant and James. But Anthony said he doesn’t want to do the free-agent thing again so soon, if ever.

“I never thought about it,’’ Anthony said after practice Monday. “I didn’t want to go back and do what I did this summer [as a free agent]. There was stuff on the table, [but] wasn’t a two-year deal discussed.”

Anthony seemed uncomfortable having to discuss his decision again not to do a short-term pact, though word was out the new TV package would be mammoth.

“I’m good, man. Five years,’’ Anthony said. “I’m good. I don’t want to speak on a two-year deal right now. I don’t even know I’m sitting here talking about a two-year deal. I’m good. The organization is good. Everybody is in a good place.’’

This wasn’t the first time Anthony discussed the decision not to do a LeBron-like contract. A a Bloomberg business summit last month, Anthony said, “I plan on ending my career here, so it wasn’t for me to go out there and try to strike a two-year deal and then have to go through this situation in two years. I’m not doing that ever again. I would never do that again. I would advise no one to ever do that. I experienced it and it’s behind me.”

Anthony took less than the maximum allowable. He could have made $129 million in the five-year package but took approximately $5 million less to give the Knicks more cap space in 2015 and 2016.

“We discussed it internally about what the opportunity and options of what that $6 million can do,” Anthony said. “We did it. We moved on. Both parties were happy. It will help us out in the future. I was happy to do it when the option came on the table. It’s something I thought about extremely hard – a lot of nights. We figured it out.’’

The Knicks will need all of that cap space in 2015. Commissioner Adam Silver said, contrary to speculation, the cap next summer will not bloat because of the landmark TV deal. The 2016 cap could go up significantly.

That would help the Knicks tremendously. There’s no a.ssurance they will be able to sign a bonanza free agent in 2015, though center Marc Gasol is a priority. Durant would be a great consolation prize in 2016.

“That’s a big deal,’’ Anthony said of the ESPN/TNT investment,. “Congratulations to Adam Silver and NBA for making that deal happen. The cap space, it opens it up tremendously. I don’t know what the numbers are. It gives team room now to make moves [in 2016] and go from there. I’m pretty sure the front office is is looking forward to it – all front offices.’’
 2 years ago '08        #11349
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,912 | Props total: 5669 5669
Not gonna be able to watch the game tonight I'll try to catch the replay tho
 10-10-2014, 04:41 PM         #11350
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '04        #11351
space
space
tonights starting 5

Calderon, Shumpert, Melo, Acy, Dalembert.
 2 years ago '11        #11352
King Henry 522 heat pts522
space
space
$41,183 | Props total: 4631 4631
 Born_Loser said:
tonights starting 5

Calderon, Shumpert, Melo, Acy, Dalembert.
Acy?

Gonna have to watch on a stream. Don't have MSG 2
 2 years ago '04        #11353
space
space
with Beal being injured, opened up a possible trading partner for our SG situation
 10-11-2014, 06:24 PM         #11354
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
with Beal being injured, opened up a possible trading partner for our SG situation
 10-11-2014, 06:26 PM         #11355
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who do y'all think will be cut?

I like Wear.
 2 years ago '04        #11356
space
space
 Kitsch said:
Who do y'all think will be cut?

I like Wear.
we need more great white hopes

and does Aldrich remind anyone else of Big Country? (least in the last game) lmfao
 2 years ago '04        #11357
space
space
Acy looking like NBA 2k slam dunk contest attempts with that failed alley oop
 2 years ago '04        #11358
space
space
Berman

UNCASVILLE, Conn.— Andrea Bargnani is hurt again, but his absence didn’t slow the Knicks’ triangle offense. The impact of Bargnani’s buddy, new point guard Jose Calderon, was finally felt in a big way Saturday night at Mohegan Sun Arena.

Calderon put on a show in the first half, scoring seven straight points — all from long range — to ignite the Knicks after a slow start in a 96-80 preseason victory over the Celtics to even their record at 1-1.

Calderon was 4-of-8 in 16 minutes of the first half, scoring all nine of his points to go with four rebounds. Calderon only played the first few minutes of the second half and finished with zero turnovers and was a plus-11. After committing 28 turnovers in their hellish opener Wednesday in Hartford, the Knicks had just 18 Saturday.

Displaying what Phil Jackson envisioned when he traded for Calderon in late June, the Spaniard was throwing crisp outlet passes and getting the fans out of their seats with one wonderful pump fake that had Brandon Bass of the Celtics flying into the air. Calderon then calmly sank the jumper with Bass out of the play.

Before the game, Calderon was asked if he could be the difference-maker following last season’s misery now that alleged weak link Raymond Felton plies his trade in Dallas.

“I don’t know if it’s going to be because of me,’’ Calderon said. “I’m trying to do my best for this team to do the best we can to get as far as we can go. It’s not only one thing [from last year].’’

Carmelo Anthony scored 16 points and got hot during the second quarter when the Knicks went on a 13-2 run. Anthony had 10 points by halftime, hitting two straight 3-pointers. He also whipped a bullet pass to Quincy Acy on a fast break for an easy dunk as the Knicks took a 53-47 halftime lead.

“We haven’t broken the tip of the iceberg with this offense for me,” Anthony said. “It was day and night from the first game to tonight.”

The Knicks didn’t have Bargnani, who missed the game with a hamstring strain, and their offense actually looked better. Bargnani had started the opener, but coach Derek Fisher went with Quincy Acy over Amar’e Stoudemire on Saturday.

Calderon believes he can be the Italian’s healer this season. Calderon said he envisions the 7-foot Italian. his teammate in Toronto, having his career year in 2014-15.

Bargnani had started at power forward in the preseason opener, his first game action since late January when he suffered a season-ending torn elbow ligament.

“If you’re talented, know how to play basketball, I think this system will find the right spots for him,’’ Calderon said. “He’ll be able to be more comfortable and able to play hopefully the best basketball of his career.’’

Knicks coach Derek Fisher doesn’t expect Bargnani, who was injured in Friday’s practice, to miss much time.

“A little bit of tightness in the hamstring,’’ Fisher said. “Practice was pretty intense. I think waking up this morning a little tightness in the hamstring. Our medical staff thought it would be good to get him extra day’s rest.’’

Calderon and Bargnani played nearly seven seasons together with the Raptors

“We talk all the time, text each other all the time,’’ Calderon said. “When you play with a guy seven years, he’s more than a teammate. You start getting closer. He was one of first to text me [after the Knicks trade], ‘Hey amigo, happy for you to be with me here again.’ ’’

As a former first overall pick, Bargani has been under heavy scrutiny since his rookie year.

“It doesn’t matter what they say,’’ Calderon said. “It’s what you say about yourself.’’

Calderon was asked if Bargnani is similar in style to Dirk Nowitzki, his Dallas running mate.

“Similar moves, kind of,’’ Calderon said. “Both can shoot from high up there. They’re always open … and shoot from way out. Tough to contest those shots.’’
 2 years ago '04        #11359
space
space
Berman

UNCASVILLE, Conn. — Iman Shumpert, after missing the first preseason game with a hamstring injury, made his debut Saturday and did so in the starting lineup at shooting guard over J.R. Smith.

Oh, the shooting guard battle is on. Shumpert was a spark on defense and finished with six points in 15 minutes with two a.ssists.

But Smith caught fire, making a lot of tough jumpers, finishing with 14 points on 6-of-9 shooting.

Shumpert had his best moments coming off the bench late last season while Smith excelled in the starting lineup. Tim Hardaway Jr. started at shooting guard to open the second half.

“It’s tough to use that as a way to gauge what’s best for this team with a new way of playing offense and defense but for sure this is what preseason is about,’’ coach Derek Fisher said before the game. “I think Shumpert can be in either situation because he’s a hard worker with a great attitude.’

Backup center Jason Smith was back with the team after missing the opener and last two practices as his wife gave birth to a girl on Thursday. Smith said he wasn’t expecting to play, however.

“We had agreement to have a couple of practices under my belt,’’ Smith said. “Being away from team, make sure it’s far to the guys to miss practice and expect to play in the game.’’

Point guard Pablo Prigioni was given the night off as a “rest’’ day while Shane Larkin logged 26 minutes (two turnovers).

Former Knicks center Tyson Chandler figured his new club in Dallas had little chance of signing Carmelo Anthony during July’s free agency, but gave his pitch anyway. It wasn’t a heavy one.

Chandler had enough conversations with Anthony as teammates for three seasons to realize Anthony wasn’t leaving New York. Anthony met with Dallas officials July 2 and Chandler followed it up with a phone call.

“It wasn’t strong,” Chandler told the Washington Post of his sales pitch. “I didn’t ever think he was coming. I didn’t think Carmelo was ever leaving New York. I talked to him because it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t. But I never thought he was going anywhere. I thought if anywhere he was going it was to the Lakers. But the Lakers didn’t have a strong enough roster to tempt him.”
 2 years ago '04        #11360
space
space
Begley

UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Carmelo Anthony says he will have to adapt his offensive approach in order to be successful in the triangle.

"It's an adjustment," Anthony said, after the Knicks' preseason win over the Celtics on Saturday. "it's an adjustment because I'm used to taking my time and seeing where the defense is coming from. And even now, it's a medium that you've got to play with. Sometimes you can hold it a little, sometimes you don't have it, (you have to) get it out quickly. So it's an adjustment for me."

Based on what he did Saturday, he seems to be adjusting well. Anthony had 16 points on 7-for-14 shooting. He also found his teammates for several quality shot attempts. He ended up with one a.ssist, but coach Derek Fisher was happy with the way the Knicks' $124 million man looked for his teammates.

"His understanding is continuing to grow in terms of how to find shots for himself, (and) how to create opportunities to create shots for his teammates," Fisher said.

Anthony thrived in isolation the past two seasons under former coach Mike Woodson, with the offense flowing primarily through him. He was among the league leaders in plays run in isolation the past two years.

This year is different, though.

In the triangle Anthony is expected to move the ball continually, in an attempt to find an open shot. He passed on a consistent basis Saturday, and after the game talked about the new approach that's necessary.

"If you don't have nothing in a second, second and a half, the ball is out," Anthony said. "There's no holding, there's a lot of ball movement. So your [teammates] have got to be ready for it."

Fisher seems pleased with Anthony's progress thus far. He also complimented Anthony's effort on the defensive end against the Celtics.

"His defensive activity on the weak side was really great tonight," Fisher said. "That's something we've talked about -- not leaving the two or three guys (defending) the pick-and-roll to do all the work. The players on the weak side have to join the party and come play defense. Tonight Carmelo had several of those plays."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
101 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
170 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
40 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
79 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
186 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
166 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy