most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ranking The Top 25 MCs Of All-Time
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXtentacion Goes Albino? with new Look.... smh
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #11261
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Pre-Season Schedule
Oct. 8....... @ Boston Celtics.............. XL Center, Hartford, CT.................................. 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 11..... @ Boston Celtics.............. Mohegan Sun Arena, Mohegan, CT.................. 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 13..... vs. Toronto Raptors.......... Madison Square Garden, New York, NY............. 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 14..... at Philadelphia 76ers........ Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY............................ 7:00 p.m.

Oct. 20..... vs. Milwaukee Bucks......... Madison Square Garden, New York, NY............. 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 22..... vs. Washington Wizards.... Madison Square Garden, New York, NY............. 7:30 p.m.

Oct. 24..... @ Toronto Raptors........... Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec........................ 7:30 p.m.
 3 years ago '07        #11262
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,468 | Props total: 375 375
We have enough big men need another pg, prigioni ain't it I'm sorry
 3 years ago '08        #11263
AC_89 185 heat pts185
space
space
$37,917 | Props total: 11596 11596
I wonder if melo starts at the 3 or 4 now
 3 years ago '04        #11264
space
space
 Funeral James said:
We have enough big men need another pg, prigioni ain't it I'm sorry
So u prefer a 4th PG?
 3 years ago '04        #11265
space
space
 AC_89 said:
I wonder if melo starts at the 3 or 4 now
Easily a 3
 3 years ago '07        #11266
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,468 | Props total: 375 375
 Born_Loser said:
So u prefer a 4th PG?
Is tour'e still on the squad?
 3 years ago '04        #11267
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Is tour'e still on the squad?
nope, last i heard, Knicks told him to be patient till they find a way to clear space for him
 3 years ago '08        #11268
AC_89 185 heat pts185
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Easily a 3
So then who starts at the 4 amare or bargnani
 08-26-2014, 06:53 AM         #11269
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AC_89 said:
So then who starts at the 4 amare or bargnani
n*ggas out here hating on Godnani.
 3 years ago '06        #11270
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 943 943
melo is def starting at the 3 this year. he'll play some 4 in spurts when we run a quick lineup
 3 years ago '04        #11271
space
space
Barg off the bench with Smitty, deadly if healthy
 3 years ago '08        #11272
AC_89 185 heat pts185
space
space
 Kitsch said:
n*ggas out here hating on Godnani.
27% from three
 08-26-2014, 04:18 PM         #11273
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AC_89 said:
27% from three

3 years ago '04        #11274
space
space
Tour'e taking his talents to the mormons
 3 years ago '04        #11275
space
space
Howie Kussoy

Iman Shumpert has spent the summer working on a lot of little things, honing different elements of his offensive arsenal, in preparation for what he expects to be a bigger role in the Knicks offense.

Having spent the majority of his young career playing in Mike Woodson’s perimeter-heavy attack, Shumpert said he believes the switch to Derek Fisher’s triangle offense finally will allow him to be properly utilized on the offensive end.

“There’s constant action going on,” Shumpert said. “I think I’ll be able to capitalize off that and I’ll be able to use my athleticism a lot more than standing in the corner.”

After tearing his ACL during the 2012 playoffs, missing much of the following season and spraining his MCL in the same knee last season, Shumpert said the biggest focus of his offseason training has been strengthening his left knee back to the level it was during his breakout rookie season.

“All I’ve been working on is just getting that trust back in my left leg, to take off from further, to take off earlier and use it a lot more, cutting and slashing to the basket,” Shumpert said at his Basketball ProCamp in Westchester. “I know this year, this offense, I’ll have a lot more opportunities to cut and get to the basket, so I just want to work on the strength in my leg and be able to jump off and be comfortable.”

Last season, Shumpert struggled as the team struggled, resulting in the 24-year-old facing non-stop trade rumors, which caused him to stop using social media. Though Shumpert said he still can’t figure out what caused the Knicks to fall from the No. 2 seed to eight games below .500, he believes the difficulties they faced last season only will help them avoid a similar outcome in the upcoming season.

“I think we’ll be great,” Shumpert said. “This year, I think we’ll be able to clean up a lot of the stuff that we went through last year. I think it’s going to help us this year a lot, what we had to go through last year. I think it’ll give everybody that chip on their shoulder.”
 3 years ago '04        #11276
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

With training camp less than two months away, we’re examining the burning questions facing the New York Knicks.

Today’s question: Do the Knicks have enough size to compete?

When Phil Jackson traded Tyson Chandler earlier this summer, the Zen Master was lauded for not only being able to ship Chandler and Raymond Felton out of town but also for bringing in Jose Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin and two second-round picks, which helped land Cleanthony Early.

While Chandler was looking for a fresh start elsewhere, the Knicks parted with their best rebounder and interior defender. When healthy, he provided the Knicks with an active big man who was the last line of defense.

Now, the Knicks start the Derek Fisher era with uncertainty inside the paint. Yes, Carmelo Anthony can be a force on the boards. But does he have enough help inside?

Let’s start with Dalembert, who could be the starter. When given steady minutes, he can rebound and certainly can block shots. The 6-foot-11 center has career averages of 7.8 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game over his 12-year career.

Dalembert is probably at his most effective within a 20- to 25-minute range. Over the past six years, he has averaged no more than 25.9 minutes per game during a season. Last season, Dalembert played 20.2 minutes a game and averaged 6.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks for the Mavericks.

At 33, Dalembert should be able to provide the Knicks with rebounding and blocked shots but not heavy minutes.

The wild card for the Knicks could be 7-footer Jason Smith. He provides the Knicks with a center capable of burying the midrange jumper, rebounding and blocking shots. Smith, 28, averaged 9.7 points, 5.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game in 31 games last season before missing time with a knee injury.

Smith has had trouble staying healthy, playing more than 50 games in a season only once in the past three years. But he could be a good fit in the triangle if he avoids injury.

Speaking of health, the Knicks would benefit if Amar'e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani can stay on the court. Stoudemire showed flashes last season of the old Amar'e, averaging 11.9 points and 4.9 rebounds in 22.6 minutes a game. It remains to be seen how he will fit in the triangle, but his ability to hit shots from the outside helps. Fisher shouldn’t use Stoudemire for a ton of minutes, obviously, due to his knees. But Stoudemire has said he feels better, and he is entering a contract year.

Bargnani, the 7-foot offensive-minded big man, might like playing in the triangle with his ability to shoot from the outside. He averaged 13.3 points, 5.3 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 42 games, missing time with an elbow injury. Bargnani is also entering a contract year, so he should be motivated. Being reunited with Calderon also should help.

The Knicks acquired the 6-9 Travis Outlaw and 6-7 Quincy Acy, and backup center Cole Aldrich adds depth. Early is thin, but at 6-8 he adds some length.

In the East, Cleveland boasts Kevin Love, LeBron James, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao. Chicago now has Pau Gasol to go with Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson.

The Raptors still have a rising Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson. The Wizards re-signed Marcin Gortat and added Kris Humphries and DeJuan Blair to go with Nene. The Heat still have Chris Bosh, and the Hornets still have Al Jefferson.

The Knicks may not have the offensive firepower inside like some of these other East playoff contenders. They don’t have one athletic big man who can log 30-plus minutes and be a surefire double-double guy. They will likely have to rely on Melo to be that force on the boards.

Fisher will have to go with size by committee. Where I see the biggest concern inside is defensively for the Knicks. There are some shot-blockers, but can they defend in the post? Will they be able to win the battle on the defensive boards?

Much of the answer rests with their health. If their bigs can remain active, the Knicks should have just enough size to be in contention for a playoff spot in the East.
 3 years ago '08        #11277
AC_89 185 heat pts185
space
space
Yeah we enough they just aren't the most talented bigs tho
 3 years ago '04        #11278
space
space
Kevin Armstrong

Shortly after 11 p.m. on Thursday inside Brooklyn’s 40/40 Club, a group of 15 family members and friends celebrated the Knicks’ selection of former Wichita State small forward Cleanthony Early with the No. 34 pick of the NBA draft.

At the same time, more than 1,300 miles west in Wichita, Greg Heiar, the Wichita State a.ssistant coach who recruited Early from a Division III junior college in Loch Sheldrake, N.Y., processed the pick. A Knicks scout visited Wichita before Phil Jackson a.ssumed the role as team president, and Early never worked out for the Knicks in the pre-draft process. Still, Heiar believed Jackson’s approach suited Early’s abilities.

“Perfect fit,” Heiar said. “Cleanthony’s perfect for the triangle offense.”

Whether it was knocking down 3-pointers on pick-and-pop possessions or throwing touch passes from the high post, Early excelled in the areas of the game Jackson prizes. He will bring an interesting outlook to the Knicks locker room, as well, engaging anyone and everyone in conversation, quoting Buddha, reading “The Art of Seduction” and embracing the challenging positions of yoga. Once an immature student with a Steven Seagal ponytail at Pine Bush High in Orange County, Early kept an open mind on his journeys through prep school, junior college and a Final Four run at Wichita State. There are elements to his life that dovetail with Jackson’s spiritual ways.

“I’d love to be a fly on the wall for their conversation,” said Bob Rahn, who coached Early with the B.C. Eagles AAU team in high school.

Several experiences in New York helped shape Early’s worldview. He grew up on 188th St. in the Bronx and moved with his mother to Middletown, N.Y., when he was nearing high school after his cousin, Ezekiel, was shot dead on the street. In July 2010, he learned that his brother, Jamel, the one who introduced Early to basketball, had suffered a heart attack while swimming in the Schoharie Creek outside Schenectady. He drowned, and Early decided to attend Sullivan County Community College close to home rather than leave his mother, Sandra Glover, alone in grieving.

“The divine is working repeatedly in people’s lives,” Early said. “Always be willing to tell others how you feel.”

Early never shied from showing opponents his talents. He scored more than a thousand points in two seasons at Sullivan County and another thousand in two years at Wichita State. He was the electric swingman who sparked the Shockers to the Final Four in 2013 and a 35-1 record last season, proving to be the best player on the court in the NCAA Tournament loss to Kentucky. His ability to outrun Kentucky’s future lottery picks in the open floor and outscore them all punctuated his development in the Midwest.

Before that run, Early spoke about drawing closer to his dreams. He discussed the need to strengthen his legs and stretch his talent. He was open to all growth.

“I like when I dream and I realize I am dreaming, then I can do whatever I want,” Early said after a practice. “That happened a week ago, then I could fly and it’s the most random dream.”

His strength and conditioning coach at Wichita, Kerry Rosenboom, noted the willingness that Early had for incorporating all kinds of workouts into his development process.

The most important step for the Wichita State basketball program last summer was the introduction of yoga. Rosenboom’s evaluation of Early seemed to fit Jackson’s methods.

“We had guys who looked like the mighty oak tree trying to do it. It looked like a bad game of Twister,” Rosenboom said. “Cle was the one perfectionist.”
 09-03-2014, 04:23 PM         #11279
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 3 years ago '04        #11280
space
space
#Knicks announce that they will hold training camp at the United States Military Academy in West Point, NY from Sept. 30 - Oct. 4.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Roselyn Sánchez Milf
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Light Has Been Stored as Sound For The First Time
19 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 18 - Rapture is coming on Sept. 23, conspiracy theorist claims
104 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Harlem Kingpin/DonDiva CEO Kevin Chiles Hot97 Intv Alpo & Azie Snitchin..
97 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside New Jumanji Trailer Teaser
10 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside DROP THE ONLINE STORES WITH BEST sh-t (NEED GEMS)
78 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rihanna Busts Out
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 18 - Obama Goes From White House to Wall Street in Less Than One Year
104 comments
1 day ago