New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dumbest meme I've ever seen smh sh-t is retarded
18 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '07        #11221
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
 I Am The Truth said:
If we can ship a guard or 2 (like Wayne Ellington & JR) in a trade, then maybe we can pull it off.

Still a lot of guards to sign on Toure, and I'd rather have JTyler than Toure
Maybe I'm biased I think a 6'5" pg has more uprise than a 6'9" pf and melo can play that position plus amare is back we don't NEED a full 15 man roster

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 2 years ago '07        #11222
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,882 | Props total: 164 164
 Funeral James said:
Maybe I'm biased I think a 6'5" pg has more uprise than a 6'9" pf and melo can play that position plus amare is back we don't NEED a full 15 man roster
I hear ya but it's about development... I love Toure' but we already got Shump (6'5'' PG/SG/SF) and Toure isn't necessarily better than Shane even on D (more lateral quickness than all our guards, even though he's the shortest)...

After this year, we could have 2 young big men to develop in Cole & Tyler, and they play both sides of the ball. We need youth.

Plus, if anyone goes down for a couple weeks, our bigs aren't as easy to replace as our guards. Would be nice if we could sign em both.
 2 years ago '04        #11223
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
only news i can find is the Knicks ARE trying to move Ellington but no one is interested so to make a roster spot become available (which is why they wanna move Ellington) they are considering adding my dude, P-Body n*ggas to any deal involving Ellington
 2 years ago '07        #11224
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
only news i can find is the Knicks ARE trying to move Ellington but no one is interested so to make a roster spot become available (which is why they wanna move Ellington) they are considering adding my dude, P-Body n*ggas to any deal involving Ellington
Ugh, I prefer they don't trade Prigs, he's been classy for us
 2 years ago '04        #11225
space
space
like i said, they were trying to move Ellington and have no choice but to package him with someone of value....not sure if they'll try to move one of these out or someone else since they are trying to have at least 1 spot open
 2 years ago '04        #11226
space
space
Sam Amick

The New York Knicks will trade guard Wayne Ellington, forward Jeremy Tyler and a 2016 second-round pick to the Sacramento Kings for forwards Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw, people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal was not yet announced.

As part of the deal, the Knicks agreed to remove the protection (picks 31-37) on the 2016 second-round draft pick they sent to Sacramento in 2013.

The Kings are expected to waive Tyler and could use the stretch provision on Ellington, who is owed $2.77 million next season, to improve their salary cap situation. But that final decision has not been made.

Acy, a 6-7 small forward from Baylor, has played two seasons in the NBA with the Toronto Raptors and Kings, averaging 3.1 points and 3.2 rebounds a game. He averaged 2.7 points in 14.0 minutes a game with the Kings last season.

Ellington has been in the league for five seasons. The shooting guard from North Carolina has a career average of 6.4 points and shot 39 percent from three-point range. He has played for four teams and came to the Knicks as part of a multiplayer trade with the Dallas Mavericks in June.
 2 years ago '07        #11227
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,898 | Props total: 981 981
Tyler my n*gga i hate it had to be him
 2 years ago '07        #11228
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
 Chief said:
Tyler my n*gga i hate it had to be him

[video - click to view]

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 2 years ago '04        #11229
space
space
i like how Tyler, The Basketball Player is becoming the new Earl Barron
 2 years ago '11        #11230
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 240 240
I like what Acy brings to the team. High energy, good defender, young legs. Should match up well with the scorers we have. Solid pick up
 2 years ago '07        #11231
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
I like what Acy brings to the team. High energy, good defender, young legs. Should match up well with the scorers we have. Solid pick up
I like Acy too but as much as Tyler...he's taller, somewhat defensive minded, and we can insert him into the Triangle as a big with a jumpshot. And we're his fav team growing up too. Dude wanted to be a Knick. We better be trying to sign him back. Or is this not allowed from the last CBA...

Yo Born, what's the word on signing back a player who is getting waived by the team acquiring him in the trade??
 2 years ago '04        #11232
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Yo Born, what's the word on signing back a player who is getting waived by the team acquiring him in the trade??
can't sign him for a whole year
 2 years ago '04        #11233
space
space
Begley

Some may question whether Carmelo Anthony gave the New York Knicks enough of a discount when he signed a contract worth $5 million less than the maximum last month. But Knicks GM Steve Mills praised Anthony on Tuesday for doing "his part" to give the franchise financial flexibility.

"He could have taken the full max or he could have taken less money to put us in position where we had flexibility in terms of what we do in the future. He did his part, we appreciate what he did, and part of what we are doing is we are being diligent in how we build the roster," Mills said. "Everything we did, even in this transaction, did not extend contracts into future years. So [Knicks president] Phil [Jackson] and I are very much focused on that."

For details on Anthony's contract and its impact on the Knicks, click here.

More trades coming?: Pablo Prigioni was almost sent away as part of Wednesday's transaction that netted Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. Stein reported on Twitter that one iteration of this deal had Prigioni going to Utah in a three-team trade. But the Jazz eventually backed out.

Prigioni's name has come up recently in trade talks, Stein reported Tuesday.

Mills said on Wednesday that the Knicks were satisfied with their backcourt situation after dealing Wayne Ellington. The Knicks have three point guards and three shooting guards on the roster.

"We feel good about the core of our backcourt right now in terms of the number of guys that we have at [shooting guard] and [point guard] and we are going to play a two-guard front," Mills said. "We have a lot of guys who are interchangeable between the 1-2, and in some cases, the 2 and the 3."

When asked if there were more moves on the horizon for the Knicks, Mills said, "I think we're always looking at ways to improve the team and we'll continue to look at opportunities to enhance our ability to be successful."

Mills was also complimentary of new F/C Jason Smith.

"He's a mobile big that can play the 4 and the 5. He's got a great midrange shot. I think he'll fit within sort of the triangle," Mills said. "He's got good hands, he can space the floor and he's got great size."
 2 years ago '08        #11234
halftime 
space
space
$4,326 | Props total: 4387 4387
 Kitsch said:

I miss Novak.
Novak & JR was lethal weapon, I feel your pain
 2 years ago '11        #11235
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
I like Acy too but as much as Tyler...he's taller, somewhat defensive minded, and we can insert him into the Triangle as a big with a jumpshot. And we're his fav team growing up too. Dude wanted to be a Knick. We better be trying to sign him back. Or is this not allowed from the last CBA...

As far as talent and skill Tyler might be better, but Acy is gonna do the dirty work. Might not be as affective as a Kenneth Faried but a similar impact. If he could give us that without us having to give Shump, thats a win/win.
 2 years ago '04        #11236
space
space
Begley

Phil Jackson didn’t make any moves on Thursday. But the Knicks’ chances of winning a title during Jackson’s tenure may have taken a hit.

According to multiple reports, the Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for 2014 No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick.

Making matters worse for the Knicks, Yahoo! Sports reported that Love has committed to re-sign with Cleveland next summer for five years and $120 million-plus after opting out of his contract. Such an agreement would be a violation of NBA rules.

But let’s a.ssume it goes through.

Not only does Phil have to build a Knicks team that can get past a Cleveland squad that features LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. He now has to worry about a Love-LeBron-Kyrie triumvirate. (Irving is signed to a five-year deal and James can opt out of his contract after this season but is expected to remain with the Cavs long-term.)

All of this means that the next two offseasons in particular are critical for Jackson’s pursuit of a championship.

In order to compete with Cleveland, Jackson will have to spend the Knicks’ cap space wisely in free agency in 2015 and/or 2016. The challenge for Jackson will be to build a team centered around Carmelo Anthony that can compete with the LeBron-Love-Irving trio. And to do so while taking advantage of Anthony’s prime years.

(Of course, this a.ssumes that all three stars remain healthy and that the Knicks eventually have to defeat the Cavs in the Eastern Conference playoffs to reach the Finals.)

So what does Jackson have to work with?

The Knicks could have $18 million to spend in free agency in the summer of 2015. That may be enough to land a max player, such as Marc Gasol.

But Jackson said last month that the Knicks may instead look to sign multiple players with their cap space.

Again, it’s imperative to spend wisely here. The Knicks need to build a roster around Anthony that can compete with Cleveland. There are a million ways to demonstrate just how difficult that will be now that Love is a Cav.

Here’s one:

In Love and James, the Cavs have two of the NBA’s top three players in win shares, which is an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player. (Kevin Durant led the NBA with 19.3 win shares, James had 15.9 and Love had 14.3). Irving had a 6.7 win share in 2013-14.

The Knicks leader in win shares was Anthony, who posted a 10.7 mark (13th in the NBA).

Again, this is just one way to illustrate the obvious: Love’s move to Cleveland is one more road block for Phil Jackson in his quest to bring an NBA title to New York.
 2 years ago '07        #11237
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
As far as talent and skill Tyler might be better, but Acy is gonna do the dirty work. Might not be as affective as a Kenneth Faried but a similar impact. If he could give us that without us having to give Shump, thats a win/win.
That's good rationale, I dig it
 2 years ago '06        #11238
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
 I Am The Truth said:
 2 years ago '11        #11239
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #11240
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,839 | Props total: 5550 5550
I liked tyler dude can ball a little offensively but acy is that energy player that every team needs and i couldn't see tyler getting that much burn anyway

Amare/early/bargs/acy
Dalembert/smith/aldrich

Not the greatest frontline in the world but with the pfs u get offense and the centers u get defense alot more height too than last years team
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Soulja Boy tell Shia LeBouf to pull up in the streets !!!!
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy