New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '11        #11221
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,071 | Props total: 514 514
I like what Acy brings to the team. High energy, good defender, young legs. Should match up well with the scorers we have. Solid pick up
 3 years ago '07        #11222
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,895 | Props total: 2266 2266
 imtheman718 said:
I like what Acy brings to the team. High energy, good defender, young legs. Should match up well with the scorers we have. Solid pick up
I like Acy too but as much as Tyler...he's taller, somewhat defensive minded, and we can insert him into the Triangle as a big with a jumpshot. And we're his fav team growing up too. Dude wanted to be a Knick. We better be trying to sign him back. Or is this not allowed from the last CBA...

Yo Born, what's the word on signing back a player who is getting waived by the team acquiring him in the trade??
 3 years ago '04        #11223
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,284 | Props total: 3811 3811
 I Am The Truth said:
Yo Born, what's the word on signing back a player who is getting waived by the team acquiring him in the trade??
can't sign him for a whole year
 3 years ago '04        #11224
space
space
Begley

Some may question whether Carmelo Anthony gave the New York Knicks enough of a discount when he signed a contract worth $5 million less than the maximum last month. But Knicks GM Steve Mills praised Anthony on Tuesday for doing "his part" to give the franchise financial flexibility.

"He could have taken the full max or he could have taken less money to put us in position where we had flexibility in terms of what we do in the future. He did his part, we appreciate what he did, and part of what we are doing is we are being diligent in how we build the roster," Mills said. "Everything we did, even in this transaction, did not extend contracts into future years. So [Knicks president] Phil [Jackson] and I are very much focused on that."

For details on Anthony's contract and its impact on the Knicks, click here.

More trades coming?: Pablo Prigioni was almost sent away as part of Wednesday's transaction that netted Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. Stein reported on Twitter that one iteration of this deal had Prigioni going to Utah in a three-team trade. But the Jazz eventually backed out.

Prigioni's name has come up recently in trade talks, Stein reported Tuesday.

Mills said on Wednesday that the Knicks were satisfied with their backcourt situation after dealing Wayne Ellington. The Knicks have three point guards and three shooting guards on the roster.

"We feel good about the core of our backcourt right now in terms of the number of guys that we have at [shooting guard] and [point guard] and we are going to play a two-guard front," Mills said. "We have a lot of guys who are interchangeable between the 1-2, and in some cases, the 2 and the 3."

When asked if there were more moves on the horizon for the Knicks, Mills said, "I think we're always looking at ways to improve the team and we'll continue to look at opportunities to enhance our ability to be successful."

Mills was also complimentary of new F/C Jason Smith.

"He's a mobile big that can play the 4 and the 5. He's got a great midrange shot. I think he'll fit within sort of the triangle," Mills said. "He's got good hands, he can space the floor and he's got great size."
 3 years ago '08        #11225
halftime 
space
space
$6,091 | Props total: 9236 9236
 Kitsch said:

I miss Novak.
Novak & JR was lethal weapon, I feel your pain
 3 years ago '11        #11226
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
I like Acy too but as much as Tyler...he's taller, somewhat defensive minded, and we can insert him into the Triangle as a big with a jumpshot. And we're his fav team growing up too. Dude wanted to be a Knick. We better be trying to sign him back. Or is this not allowed from the last CBA...

As far as talent and skill Tyler might be better, but Acy is gonna do the dirty work. Might not be as affective as a Kenneth Faried but a similar impact. If he could give us that without us having to give Shump, thats a win/win.
 3 years ago '04        #11227
space
space
Begley

Phil Jackson didn’t make any moves on Thursday. But the Knicks’ chances of winning a title during Jackson’s tenure may have taken a hit.

According to multiple reports, the Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to trade Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for 2014 No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick.

Making matters worse for the Knicks, Yahoo! Sports reported that Love has committed to re-sign with Cleveland next summer for five years and $120 million-plus after opting out of his contract. Such an agreement would be a violation of NBA rules.

But let’s a.ssume it goes through.

Not only does Phil have to build a Knicks team that can get past a Cleveland squad that features LeBron James and Kyrie Irving. He now has to worry about a Love-LeBron-Kyrie triumvirate. (Irving is signed to a five-year deal and James can opt out of his contract after this season but is expected to remain with the Cavs long-term.)

All of this means that the next two offseasons in particular are critical for Jackson’s pursuit of a championship.

In order to compete with Cleveland, Jackson will have to spend the Knicks’ cap space wisely in free agency in 2015 and/or 2016. The challenge for Jackson will be to build a team centered around Carmelo Anthony that can compete with the LeBron-Love-Irving trio. And to do so while taking advantage of Anthony’s prime years.

(Of course, this a.ssumes that all three stars remain healthy and that the Knicks eventually have to defeat the Cavs in the Eastern Conference playoffs to reach the Finals.)

So what does Jackson have to work with?

The Knicks could have $18 million to spend in free agency in the summer of 2015. That may be enough to land a max player, such as Marc Gasol.

But Jackson said last month that the Knicks may instead look to sign multiple players with their cap space.

Again, it’s imperative to spend wisely here. The Knicks need to build a roster around Anthony that can compete with Cleveland. There are a million ways to demonstrate just how difficult that will be now that Love is a Cav.

Here’s one:

In Love and James, the Cavs have two of the NBA’s top three players in win shares, which is an estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player. (Kevin Durant led the NBA with 19.3 win shares, James had 15.9 and Love had 14.3). Irving had a 6.7 win share in 2013-14.

The Knicks leader in win shares was Anthony, who posted a 10.7 mark (13th in the NBA).

Again, this is just one way to illustrate the obvious: Love’s move to Cleveland is one more road block for Phil Jackson in his quest to bring an NBA title to New York.
 3 years ago '07        #11228
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,895 | Props total: 2266 2266
 imtheman718 said:
As far as talent and skill Tyler might be better, but Acy is gonna do the dirty work. Might not be as affective as a Kenneth Faried but a similar impact. If he could give us that without us having to give Shump, thats a win/win.
That's good rationale, I dig it
 3 years ago '06        #11229
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 I Am The Truth said:
 3 years ago '11        #11230
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '08        #11231
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,315 | Props total: 13693 13693
I liked tyler dude can ball a little offensively but acy is that energy player that every team needs and i couldn't see tyler getting that much burn anyway

Amare/early/bargs/acy
Dalembert/smith/aldrich

Not the greatest frontline in the world but with the pfs u get offense and the centers u get defense alot more height too than last years team
 3 years ago '04        #11232
space
space
going camping for the weekend so no news from me unless i get a signal, holla
 3 years ago '07        #11233
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 Born_Loser said:
going camping for the weekend so no news from me unless i get a signal, holla
Take care bro don't be a hero out there tryin to f!ght bears and sh*t

3 years ago '04        #11234
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Take care bro don't be a hero out there tryin to f!ght bears and sh*t

n*ggas trying to scare ppl out here talking about a bear on the loose
 3 years ago '04        #11235
space
space
looks like he won't be running the 4 like he used to, if at all

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '10        #11236
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298

melo looking great
 3 years ago '07        #11237
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 Born_Loser said:
looks like he won't be running the 4 like he used to, if at all

[pic - click to view]

Why not?
 3 years ago '04        #11238
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Why not?
He'll get super exposed on the defensive end against bigger 4s and probably won't be able to make n*ggas his butch muscling his way to the paint against those same dudes
 3 years ago '08        #11239
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,315 | Props total: 13693 13693
Seeing melo skinny like that motivates me no homo
 3 years ago '04        #11240
space
space
NYK vs. Pierce on X-Mas
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy