New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
132 comments
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
213 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
81 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #10961
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
 King Henry said:
Been saying since that Amare will thrive in the Triangle

Tyson needs to work on his post moves if he's gonna be here next year
Tyson needs to work on getting his a.ss out of NY and bring in a PG
 2 years ago '04        #10962
space
space
Begley

Despite efforts from New York Knicks president Phil Jackson to convince him to remain under contract, forward Carmelo Anthony hasn't changed his mind and plans to opt out of his contract and test free agency this summer, according to a league source familiar with the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com earlier this week that Jackson is continuing to urge Anthony to exercise next season's $23.3 million player option and put off unrestricted free agency for one more year. Anthony, according to sources, has until June 23 to inform the Knicks if he plans to opt out of his contract.

Jackson first said late last month that he hoped Anthony would consider opting in to the final year of his contract. Anthony had said publicly during the season that he planned to test free agency.

"I told him it might be a good idea to hang in here and see what it's like for a year and go out the next year," Jackson said. "But that's his option, that's what he's earned, and that's what's part of his contractual agreement. He has the right to do that. But I just offered that as, 'Look, this gives you an opportunity to see how this is going to change, see how we're going to get going, your relationship to the team and the coach and the system or whatever, the system we impose."

Jackson said when he first broached the subject with Anthony during a dinner meeting in late April, the All-Star forward was receptive to the idea, Jackson said. ESPN.com reported that Jackson has delivered the pitch to Anthony on multiple occasions over the past month.

According to reports, Jackson was set to talk to Anthony about opting in again during a meeting on Thursday with general manager Steve Mills and coach Derek Fisher. A league source said late Thursday night, though, that Anthony remains committed to opting out at this point.

The New York Daily News reported earlier Thursday that Anthony intends to test free agency barring a "dramatic change of heart."

The Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are all teams Anthony would consider starting July 1, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, provided Anthony remains steadfast in his decision to opt out between now and June 23. Miami Heat officials have also started to explore their options in trying to create enough financial flexibility to land Anthony in free agency, ESPN.com reported earlier this week.

Anthony would have to make a monetary sacrifice if he decides to leave New York. With the Knicks, Anthony can ink a maximum five-year contract worth $129,135,806. If he signs with another team, the maximum he can earn is $95,897,372 over four years. Anthony would likely have to sign for significantly less to join the Heat.

Jackson hoped to convince Anthony to opt in to the final year of his contract and test free agency next season to give the Knicks a better idea of the free agency landscape in 2015. The Knicks are expected to have plenty of cap space in 2015 to try to reel in a big-name free agent to pair with Anthony.

Jackson said late last month that he "wasn't losing sleep" over Anthony's free agency but was "definitely concerned" that Anthony may sign with another team.

"It only takes one bidder out there that has the ability and can ruin your hopes and your chances," Jackson said.

Both Jackson and Fisher have made it clear that they hope Anthony re-signs with the Knicks.

"I want to be extremely clear that I would love to have the opportunity to work [with] and coach Carmelo Anthony," Fisher said in an interview earlier this week on ESPN 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show." "I want him to be back with the New York Knicks and to remain a part of what we're trying to do here and what we will do. So I don't think anyone has expressed a lukewarm feeling about wanting him back. I think we're all trying to be respectful as people. Carmelo is a great person. He's a family guy and they have decisions that are sometimes independent of what is best for everybody else. So you respect that process.

"So I would think Phil [Jackson], Steve Mills, myself, we're trying hard not to turn this into a 'Carmelo please stay' type of process. At the same time, we have no problem expressing that we do want him as part of this team. We feel we can win a championship with him as our core and centerpiece."
 2 years ago '07        #10963
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,382 | Props total: 277 277
 Born_Loser said:
Tyson needs to work on getting his a.ss out of NY and bring in a PG
I think Aldrich is ready to fill that spot I always had faith in him

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 06-13-2014, 12:06 PM         #10964
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aldrich >>> Chandler.
 2 years ago '04        #10965
space
space
Woj

The New York Knicks are sending a high-level delegation – including president Phil Jackson and owner James Dolan – to Los Angeles this weekend to sell All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony on a future with the franchise, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

For Anthony, who plans to become a free agent July 1, this meeting will likely include his first chance for a face-to-face with new Knicks coach Derek Fisher, sources said.

Fisher is expected to be part of a small Knicks management contingent traveling to Los Angeles, where Anthony has been living and working out this month, league sources said.

Jackson has met with Anthony, 30, to discuss his future with the Knicks, but this will likely be an opportunity for Jackson to finally let a coach sell his vision for a long-term partnership with the Knicks.

Anthony will exercise the Early Termination Option on his contract later this month, becoming an immediate priority target for several teams, including Chicago, Houston, Dallas and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Jackson has publicly and privately pushed for Anthony to resist using his ETO and play the 2014-15 season for his $23.3 million salary. The Knicks will have the salary cap space in 2015 to pursue star talent to join the team. Nevertheless, the New York Daily News has reported that Anthony still plans to opt out. If Anthony does decide to re-sign with New York on a long-term deal, Jackson will try to sell him on doing so at a discount price to allow the Knicks salary-cap flexibility.
 2 years ago '06        #10966
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
 Funeral James said:
I think Aldrich is ready to fill that spot I always had faith in him

Kitsch said:
Aldrich >>> Chandler.
 2 years ago '07        #10967
space
space
fu*k melo bruh let that n*gga walk and keep amare..loyalty over money

Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 2 years ago '14        #10968
#NotRambis 106 heat pts106
space
space
$9,405 | Props total: 6509 6509
 Funeral James said:
That's some real sh*t right there man, hated the last few seasons n*ggas were bashing stat glad to see he's back
 2 years ago '07        #10969
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 180 180
 Funeral James said:
Melo will sign back for less. He's going thru the process, but I trust Phil & Fish. He'll be back, and we'll get a couple of pieces for next yr too...

If he leaves, you can't blame him after Dolan meddled around and fu*ked up a good thing by firing Donnie, Grunwald, and letting Lin walk (for no pieces), trading for Bargs, and of course other things... if Melo wants to be a true New Yorker & lead us, he'll see through that, trust Phil, and stay
 2 years ago '04        #10970
space
space
Woj

New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony is leaning toward leaving in pursuit of immediate championship contention, and awaits the Chicago Bulls and Houston Rockets to clear the necessary salary-cap space to sign him in free agency, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

As re-signing with the Knicks continues to fade as his priority, Chicago and Houston have emerged as the clear frontrunners to acquire Anthony, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Anthony's meeting with Knicks officials on Friday night had little impact on his state of mind, league sources said, because there remain too many uncertainties about how quickly president Phil Jackson can reshape the team into a championship contender.

Chicago and Houston front-office executives are working diligently on contingencies to clear the space to sign Anthony outright – or engage sign-and-trade scenarios with New York, sources said.

"His heart is in New York," one source familiar with Anthony's thinking told Yahoo Sports, "but he wants a chance to win now."

Jackson has turned off Anthony with his public proclamations of wanting the seven-time All-Star forward to take less money to stay with New York, league sources said.

Around Anthony and the NBA, there's some doubt about whether Jackson truly wants to keep him on a five-year, $120 million-plus extension, or simply is giving the appearance for public relations' sake. Jackson has been somewhat cavalier in his public declarations of wanting Anthony to stay, and it's been noticed.

Anthony has said he's willing to take less than the maximum-allowable contract, but league sources said that involves situations where he can be shown how his financial concessions can result in the immediate acquisition or retention of talent. Anthony hasn't expressed interest in taking less for hypothetical signings in 2015 or '16, as New York wants him to do, sources said.

Anthony isn't as concerned over a novice head coach in Derek Fisher as he is a roster barren of a.ssets and talent to move toward contention.

Anthony, 30, has been intrigued with the chance to join the Bulls for several months, but Houston has gathered significant momentum as a preferred destination for him, league sources said.

For Chicago to make its bid for Anthony, it will need to amnesty the contract of Carlos Boozer and unload forward Taj Gibson and at least one more player. The Bulls could enjoy an easier path to the NBA Finals than Houston, which competes in the much stronger Western Conference. Anthony has an affinity for Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau, but ultimately Anthony must also weigh in his decision the future health of guard Derrick Rose.

Houston has Dwight Howard and James Harden prepared to recruit Anthony as the third star in a championship chase. The Rockets need to shed the contracts of Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin to clear most of the space to sign Anthony to a max contract. Because those players are moving into the expiring year of their contracts, they could potentially appeal to New York in sign-and-trade scenarios that would deliver Anthony his full max contract of four years, $90 million-plus.

In trade talks, New York has told teams it doesn't want to take on contracts beyond the summer of 2015, although Asik, a center, could ultimately be a player the Knicks would want to sign long-term. There's a market for Asik to be traded into salary-cap space elsewhere for draft considerations, but Houston may have to package a draft pick to move Lin.

The Rockets have the flexibility to sell Anthony on a full-max contract in the range of $22 million-$23 million per year, or can offer him the chance to keep teammates like Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley and Terrence Jones on the roster by accepting less money on the deal. Nevertheless, most scenarios that would hold the Rockets' nucleus together would still find Anthony with a starting annually salary in the range of $19 million, league sources said.

Anthony plans to opt out of the final year of his contract – which would've paid him $23 million for next season – and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. He averaged 27.4 points and 8.1 rebounds on 45 percent shooting for the Knicks last season.
 2 years ago '07        #10971
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Melo will sign back for less. He's going thru the process, but I trust Phil & Fish. He'll be back, and we'll get a couple of pieces for next yr too...

If he leaves, you can't blame him after Dolan meddled around and fu*ked up a good thing by firing Donnie, Grunwald, and letting Lin walk (for no pieces), trading for Bargs, and of course other things... if Melo wants to be a true New Yorker & lead us, he'll see through that, trust Phil, and stay
It's not even about players trustin Phil fam we all see the potential for this team has no ceiling but Dolan is scaring people off he's what's stopping the franchise from makin progress

He admitted he knows nothin about ball but he keeps making decisions and blockin moves into the right direction

2 years ago '07        #10972
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 180 180
 Funeral James said:
It's not even about players trustin Phil fam we all see the potential for this team has no ceiling but Dolan is scaring people off he's what's stopping the franchise from makin progress

He admitted he knows nothin about ball but he keeps making decisions and blockin moves into the right direction

I feel you fam, but have faith that Melo will trust in Phil like any players that come in the future.

Fish came over without ANY Dolan input (supposedly), so that has to be one step in the right direction.... And for what it's worth, I prefer Fish to Kerr, since he's more of a contemporary player, well respected, and has played in the Triangle more recently.

Let's all collectively pray for Melo to trust Phil... who knows, maybe he does opt in this yr. sh*t, Dwight Howard did it, so why not Melo? He can always sign back for more, so who knows? We'll see.
 2 years ago '04        #10973
space
space
Berman

The Knicks still like their odds of keeping Carmelo Anthony following their meeting in Los Angeles with Anthony and his agent Leon Rose on Friday night.

Despite a report Anthony was “leaning’’ toward leaving the Knicks because of interest from the Bulls and Rockets, Knicks officials did not seem alarmed, according to NBA sources.

According to a source close to president Phil Jackson, “The meeting went well — [Anthony] will still most likely opt out — but all in all, a good meeting.’’

The Knicks were informed about two weeks ago Anthony likely would opt out at the June 23 deadline and become a free agent July 1, despite Jackson’s suggestion he wait a year for free agency.

The Knicks are well aware Anthony wants to explore his options, but wonder if the Bulls and Rockets are capable of getting under the salary cap to make a real play. A Yahoo! Sports report branded the Bulls and Rockets as the front-runners, but both teams are over the salary cap.

However, they are more finished products than the Knicks, and Jackson’s blueprint of signing free agents with cap space in 2015 and 2016 is based on hope. The Knicks still want Anthony to take a pay cut despite no guarantee of signing star players, and Anthony’s agent could be putting the pressure on Jackson to up the ante.

Still, the Rockets and Bulls have their work cut out for them. Chicago would have to amnesty starting power forward Carlos Boozer, probably trade Taj Gibson without taking anyone back then not be able to sign their 2011 draft pick from Europe, Nikola Mirotic.

The Rockets would have to trade former Knick Jeremy Lin and power forward Omer Asik without taking anyone back.

“It’s doable but very hard,’’ one league source said of the Bulls’ and Rockets’ scenarios.

The Rockets could engage the Knicks in sign-and-trade talks, but it’s unlikely Jackson would agree to that unless he could lose Anthony without compensation, say, to the Lakers, who are under the cap. However, the Lakers don’t appear interested unless they get a cut rate on an Anthony-LeBron James package.

Interestingly, last week on Huffington Post Live, Lin suggested he wouldn’t mind playing for the Knicks again, and praised new coach Derek Fisher.

“I’ve always said the New York fan base has embraced me like no other,’’ Lin said. “I definitely haven’t forgotten about it. I’m still extremely grateful for it and I’ve always said, if there’s a right opportunity, I definitely wouldn’t be like, ‘No, never.’ I for sure would be open to anything.”

Lin added about Fisher: “I think I could [play for him]. To be honest, I think anybody could. I think he just immediately commands your respect. He’s a great, great player, a proven winner. He’s very successful and he’s very knowledgeable. He’s been a point guard, he’s been a leader all his career.’’

The Yahoo! report said Anthony has no problems with Fisher, but just is not 100 percent sold on the Knicks’ plan.

Two weeks ago, Jackson admitted he preferred Anthony not hit the market.

“I’m not losing sleep over it, but I’m definitely concerned about the idea of a guy going into free agency,” Jackson said. “It only takes one bidder out there that has the ability and can ruin your hopes and your chances.”

The Heat also reportedly have emerged as potential suitors. Miami’s Big Three may opt-out and reorganize — with James pining to play with Anthony.
 2 years ago '07        #10974
space
space
Any update on felton? And patty mills might be a good look but unlikely he would leave the spurs doesnt make sense

2 years ago '04        #10975
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Any update on felton? And patty mills might be a good look but unlikely he would leave the spurs doesnt make sense
no news at all and yeah, Patty Mills doubt it....they should have went on Boxden 3 years ago and listened to Drunk and me when we were on the Patty Mills bandwagon since then and drafted him lol
 2 years ago '04        #10976
space
space

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '07        #10977
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
no news at all and yeah, Patty Mills doubt it....they should have went on Boxden 3 years ago and listened to Drunk and me when we were on the Patty Mills bandwagon since then and drafted him lol
Knicks should have drafted alot of people smh, did phil fire the previous scouts or did dolan save them?

2 years ago '04        #10978
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Knicks should have drafted alot of people smh, did phil fire the previous scouts or did dolan save them?
as far as i know, he let them go
 2 years ago '04        #10979
space
space
Marcus Thompson

The report out today is the Warriors are willing to part with forwards David Lee and Harrison Barnes for New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler.

This would be an excellent trade — if Warriors general manager Bob Myers sees the end of his tenure under Joe Lacob coming and wants to start preparing for his next move.

This trade would go along way to establishing a relationship with Phil Jackson. As Steve Kerr just proved, that’s a good thing to have.

Outside of helping Myers buddy up to Phil Jackson, this deal does nothing for the Warriors. In the short term and likely not in the long term.

For the record, a precursory look into this with my sources revealed this won’t happen. But it doesn’t take an inside source to see this would be a very backwards move from Golden State.

The only purpose for doing this deal is to get rid of Lee’s contract, which has two years and about $30 million left. In return, the Warriors would get Chandler’s contract, which has one year left at just shy of $15 million. So, at the end of the coming season, in essence, the Warriors would be free of Lee’s burdensome deal.

However, if you’re thinking that means mountains of cap space to go play with … maybe to woo LeBron James … I should warn you not to pipe-dream and drive.

This trade would net about $3 million off the Warriors salary cap. They are currently at about $64.6 million for 2014-15. Even if the salary cap takes the $5 million jump everyone expects (to about $63M), the Warriors would still be over the cap. Which means after pulling off the move, the Warriors would be in the same situation: over-the-cap, only armed with the mid-level exception.

And there is no guarantee having the space means the Warriors will use it right or get who they want. They’ve had max contract offers spurned by LeBron James and Dwight Howard, plus a sizable overture (Warriors maintain it never got that far) from Chandler. They also passed on spending money on Jarrett Jack and gave it to Marreese Speights and Toney Douglas.

Having cap space alone isn’t the answer. Which is why you don’t sell the farm to get it (unless your farm sucks already). a.ssets are better than space: draft picks, young talent, attractive contracts … that’s what opposing GMs prefer. And it removes player choice from the question, for the most part.

On top of not actually getting cap space from the Lee and Barnes-for-Chandler deal, the Warriors would be losing a very productive starting power forward and replacing him with a non-offensive center in Chandler — who played in fewer games last season than current starting center Andrew Bogut.

This move would also deplete the bench. Not only would Barnes and his potential be gone. But Draymond Green would probably have to start at power forward. That would leave the Warriors’ bench even worse off than last year. And remember, they’d only have the mid-level exception to fill it.

What’s more, that would be drastic undervaluing of Barnes. You don’t give up young talent for cap space. That’s a bad practice. You give up young talent for proven talent, to upgrade the roster. Not to clear the way so you can possibly upgrade the roster.

Giving away Barnes takes the Warriors out of the mix for Kevin Love and whatever other roster upgrades they desire. All to save Lacob $3 million, who’s not even interested in saving money for the sake of just saving money.

The Warriors would be much better off using their trade chips for the big fish or just keeping the same roster while using the mid-level and other exceptions to bolster the bench.

The time to cut salary and get ready for this free agency period was last offseason and last year’s trade deadline. The Warriors stood pat and now this is what they have.

One more year of Lee’s deal isn’t a death sentence. It’s not like he sucks. He’s a good player, even with his flaws. If you can’t upgrade the roster immediately by moving him, you might as well keep him. He has more value to the Warriors on the roster than he does as a trade piece.

Next year, Lee will be an expiring contract. That’s when he’ll have his highest value on the market. If the Warriors want to move him, maybe there will be a not-smart team out there dangling a productive starter and young talent in exchange for future cap space.
 2 years ago '04        #10980
space
space
def. an upgrade over Tyson but that extra year ruins our goal (unless we can convince Melo & whoever they plan to get next season if this happens to take less money the first year and raise it year 2 and up)
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
44 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
MMA UFC finally gives Cyborg her title shot
60 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
92 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL RUMOR: Cam Newton's Benching on Sunday Night Actually Due to Strip Club In..
72 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 😍😍😍😍
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
152 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A: I'm Not Giving The Promoter His $33,000 Back, Take That Up W..
69 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 6 - Gun-wielding Alabama Mannequin Challenge leads to arrest; weapo..
96 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy