New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rough prison sex with one a cast member from ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK. ..
160 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apparently J. Cole Album Is TRASH - From Honest Fans At The Listening ..
148 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside RaloFamGoon Update: Charges Possibly Dropped or Picked up By 3 Other Ag..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shannon Sharpe warned yall what the GOAT was going to do to the Pacers ton..
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #10961
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,563 | Props total: 534 534
Any update on felton? And patty mills might be a good look but unlikely he would leave the spurs doesnt make sense

8 - 4 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 66% 97 (-14) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 16-22, Rank #607 | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '04        #10962
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3979 3979
 Funeral James said:
Any update on felton? And patty mills might be a good look but unlikely he would leave the spurs doesnt make sense
no news at all and yeah, Patty Mills doubt it....they should have went on Boxden 3 years ago and listened to Drunk and me when we were on the Patty Mills bandwagon since then and drafted him lol
 4 years ago '04        #10963
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #10964
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
no news at all and yeah, Patty Mills doubt it....they should have went on Boxden 3 years ago and listened to Drunk and me when we were on the Patty Mills bandwagon since then and drafted him lol
Knicks should have drafted alot of people smh, did phil fire the previous scouts or did dolan save them?

Career: | Aug 17: 16-22, Rank #607 | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '04        #10965
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Knicks should have drafted alot of people smh, did phil fire the previous scouts or did dolan save them?
as far as i know, he let them go
 4 years ago '04        #10966
space
space
Marcus Thompson

The report out today is the Warriors are willing to part with forwards David Lee and Harrison Barnes for New York Knicks center Tyson Chandler.

This would be an excellent trade — if Warriors general manager Bob Myers sees the end of his tenure under Joe Lacob coming and wants to start preparing for his next move.

This trade would go along way to establishing a relationship with Phil Jackson. As Steve Kerr just proved, that’s a good thing to have.

Outside of helping Myers buddy up to Phil Jackson, this deal does nothing for the Warriors. In the short term and likely not in the long term.

For the record, a precursory look into this with my sources revealed this won’t happen. But it doesn’t take an inside source to see this would be a very backwards move from Golden State.

The only purpose for doing this deal is to get rid of Lee’s contract, which has two years and about $30 million left. In return, the Warriors would get Chandler’s contract, which has one year left at just shy of $15 million. So, at the end of the coming season, in essence, the Warriors would be free of Lee’s burdensome deal.

However, if you’re thinking that means mountains of cap space to go play with … maybe to woo LeBron James … I should warn you not to pipe-dream and drive.

This trade would net about $3 million off the Warriors salary cap. They are currently at about $64.6 million for 2014-15. Even if the salary cap takes the $5 million jump everyone expects (to about $63M), the Warriors would still be over the cap. Which means after pulling off the move, the Warriors would be in the same situation: over-the-cap, only armed with the mid-level exception.

And there is no guarantee having the space means the Warriors will use it right or get who they want. They’ve had max contract offers spurned by LeBron James and Dwight Howard, plus a sizable overture (Warriors maintain it never got that far) from Chandler. They also passed on spending money on Jarrett Jack and gave it to Marreese Speights and Toney Douglas.

Having cap space alone isn’t the answer. Which is why you don’t sell the farm to get it (unless your farm sucks already). a.ssets are better than space: draft picks, young talent, attractive contracts … that’s what opposing GMs prefer. And it removes player choice from the question, for the most part.

On top of not actually getting cap space from the Lee and Barnes-for-Chandler deal, the Warriors would be losing a very productive starting power forward and replacing him with a non-offensive center in Chandler — who played in fewer games last season than current starting center Andrew Bogut.

This move would also deplete the bench. Not only would Barnes and his potential be gone. But Draymond Green would probably have to start at power forward. That would leave the Warriors’ bench even worse off than last year. And remember, they’d only have the mid-level exception to fill it.

What’s more, that would be drastic undervaluing of Barnes. You don’t give up young talent for cap space. That’s a bad practice. You give up young talent for proven talent, to upgrade the roster. Not to clear the way so you can possibly upgrade the roster.

Giving away Barnes takes the Warriors out of the mix for Kevin Love and whatever other roster upgrades they desire. All to save Lacob $3 million, who’s not even interested in saving money for the sake of just saving money.

The Warriors would be much better off using their trade chips for the big fish or just keeping the same roster while using the mid-level and other exceptions to bolster the bench.

The time to cut salary and get ready for this free agency period was last offseason and last year’s trade deadline. The Warriors stood pat and now this is what they have.

One more year of Lee’s deal isn’t a death sentence. It’s not like he sucks. He’s a good player, even with his flaws. If you can’t upgrade the roster immediately by moving him, you might as well keep him. He has more value to the Warriors on the roster than he does as a trade piece.

Next year, Lee will be an expiring contract. That’s when he’ll have his highest value on the market. If the Warriors want to move him, maybe there will be a not-smart team out there dangling a productive starter and young talent in exchange for future cap space.
 4 years ago '04        #10967
space
space
def. an upgrade over Tyson but that extra year ruins our goal (unless we can convince Melo & whoever they plan to get next season if this happens to take less money the first year and raise it year 2 and up)
 4 years ago '07        #10968
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,040 | Props total: 2524 2524
Idk man... for what it's worth, I'd be open to that trade. Barnes still has the potential to be a star, and Lee can rebound and space things out a little better. Now if we got Jermaine O'Neal too, I'm down
 4 years ago '04        #10969
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Idk man... for what it's worth, I'd be open to that trade. Barnes still has the potential to be a star, and Lee can rebound and space things out a little better. Now if we got Jermaine O'Neal too, I'm down
for Jermaine, had to give up about another 1.5 mil (so Prig or Iman)
 4 years ago '04        #10970
Jae_Hood_354 148 heat pts148
space
space
$9,020 | Props total: 4272 4272
 I Am The Truth said:
seriously? isnt o'neal washed up
 4 years ago '04        #10971
space
space
Begley

New York -- Carmelo Anthony said he had a "great" meeting with Knicks president Phil Jackson, general manager Steve Mills and head coach Derek Fisher in Los Angeles last week. He also commended Jackson for his decision to hire Fisher, a first-year head coach.

"It was great meeting with Phil, it went well," Anthony told two reporters at an event on Wednesday in Manhattan to promote his partnership with 50 Cent and SMS Audio headphones.

On Fisher's hiring, Anthony added: "I like what Phil is doing."

Anthony met with Jackson, Fisher and Mills in Los Angeles last Friday to discuss his pending free agency. Anthony has said throughout the season that he plans to opt out of the final year of his contract and test free agency this summer.

Jackson has said publicly, though, that he'd like Anthony to opt in to the final year of his deal with the Knicks and become a free agent next summer.

A source close to Anthony said late last week that Anthony hadn't changed his mind on free agency and still plans to opt out and become a free agent this summer.

Anthony, according to sources, has until June 23 to inform the Knicks if he plans to opt out of his contract.

The All Star forward politely declined to discuss his future on Wednesday night. He said he is spending the majority of his offseason in Los Angeles.

The Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks are all teams Anthony would consider in free agency, sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein. Free agency begins July 1.

Miami Heat officials have also started to explore their options in trying to create enough financial flexibility to land Anthony in free agency, ESPN.com reported last week.

Anthony can sign a maximum contract for $129 million over five years with the Knicks. If he signs with another team, Anthony can sign a maximum contract of $96 million over four years
 4 years ago '07        #10972
space
space
I'm not feeling lee and Barnes, already been there with lee and Barnes is a bust..we can get better for Tyson golden state would be the winners in the trade scenario because bogut is injury prone

4 years ago '07        #10973
space
space
 Funeral James said:
I'm not feeling lee and Barnes, already been there with lee and Barnes is a bust..we can get better for Tyson golden state would be the winners in the trade scenario because bogut is injury prone

I can understand that, but I'm looking at Barnes being the key guy not Lee. Barnes is a great role player who will start stepping up as the year goes on, he just needs the right system. He'd be great in the Triangle, trust me. Having Iggy on GSW last year set him back after he had such a great playoffs against the Nuggets & Spurs.
 4 years ago '04        #10974
space
space
Pat Riley on his John Cena HYPOCRISY MATTERS sh*t

don't tell LBJ to not run away from adversary when sh*t gets tough when that's EXACTLY what he did when he was with NYK, quit when sh*t got tough
 4 years ago '04        #10975
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

Amar'e Stoudemire’s goal for next season is simple.

He wants to get back to being a dominant player.

“My goal next year is to have an All-Star caliber year to get back in the All-Star Game,” Stoudemire said recently on ESPN radio’s “Mike and Mike.” “And then be a great team player for my teammates in addition to contending for a championship.”

If Stoudemire does that, Derek Fisher will be a very happy man. Fisher needs to maximize what he has on the Knicks roster knowing that Phil Jackson probably won't make significant upgrades until 2015. So that means the Knicks will need help from what they already got.

Stoudemire played in 65 games this past season, averaging 11.9 points and 4.9 rebounds. Mike Woodson had Stoudemire start the season cautiously on a minutes restriction to preserve his knees.

Stoudemire came on strong toward the end of the season. He averaged 16.9 points and 6.6 rebounds in March.

If Stoudemire can come close to those numbers and play 60 or more games again this coming season, that would be a nice bonus for Fisher’s squad. How the first-year coach will use and rest the power forward remains to be seen.

Stoudemire believes he will improve on last season based on the fact that he can concentrate on improving his game this offseason as opposed to spending most of his time rehabbing.

The Knicks will need somebody to be an inside presence to go along with Carmelo Anthony, provided Anthony returns, and Stoudemire believes he can be a force again.

“My focus is at a high level right now,” Stoudemire said. “My body feels great and I’m out to prove the doubters wrong.”
 4 years ago '04        #10976
space
space
Ken Berger

The New York Knicks are attempting to purchase a first round pick in Thursday's NBA Draft.

Phil Jackson is targeting Tyler Ennis or P.J. Hairston if the Knicks successfully acquire a first rounder.
 4 years ago '07        #10977
space
space
So they not resigning tour'e? And I thought this was amare last year whose not on the roster other than melo

4 years ago '07        #10978
space
space
I'm cool with either Ennis or Hairston, but want us to resign Toure too... if Melo leaves, we need scoring, so I'd go with Hairston
 4 years ago '11        #10979
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 10692 10692
 Born_Loser said:
Ken Berger

The New York Knicks are attempting to purchase a first round pick in Thursday's NBA Draft.

Phil Jackson is targeting Tyler Ennis or P.J. Hairston if the Knicks successfully acquire a first rounder.
Ennis
 4 years ago '04        #10980
space
space
Begley & Stein

Carmelo Anthony has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract with the New York Knicks and become an unrestricted free agent, according to multiple sources.

Anthony has until Monday to officially inform the team of his plans.

Knicks president Phil Jackson said recently that he hoped Anthony would consider opting into the final year of his contract and testing free agency in the summer of 2015. Jackson has privately expressed that hope to Anthony several times since the end of the regular season.

The Chicago Bulls are one of several teams with whom Anthony would consider signing, according to sources.

According to league sources, Anthony has talked to at least one high-profile person who lives in Chicago about what it's like to be famous in the Windy City.

The Bulls also have reportedly done their due diligence on Anthony in recent days. According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau has reached out to some of Anthony's former coaches to inquire about the seven-time All-Star.

Anthony can sign a maximum contract worth $129 million over five years with the Knicks. He can ink a maximum deal worth $96 million over four years with another team.

Anthony has discussed the possibility of accepting less than a maximum contract to help the team that he signs with attract additional free agents.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Evolution of Cardi B
29 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS has CANCELLED ALL PUBLIC EVENTS DUE TO THE 69 vs ..
20 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside This is fu-king disgusting on all levels b :imout:
77 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING/SHOCKING !! VIDEO of Tekashi 6ix9ine SEXUAL CONTACT with 17 YE..
188 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J. Cole KOD Album Art & Tracklist
161 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TAKE A LOOK AT HOW FAR iOS HAS COME IN 11 YEARS
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lord, please grant me the power to choose wisely!
54 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Devin the Dude got swole
126 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy