New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Oct 18 - cable cartel strikes back - internet only price headed to at least $8..
81 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Comedian Godfrey is a SAVAGE!!!!!!!
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Demi Rose Busts Out
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Video of Jeremy Lin knee injury
161 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10881
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,070 | Props total: 3467 3467
just read this in some article that i don't believe for a sec but i'll put it on here for sh*ts and giggles

Klay Thompson & David Lee for Melo
 3 years ago '14        #10882
#MaybeNextYear 111 heat pts111
space
space
$11,385 | Props total: 11841 11841
 Born_Loser said:
just read this in some article that i don't believe for a sec but i'll put it on here for sh*ts and giggles

Klay Thompson & David Lee for Melo
if melo was guaranteed to leave and they include barnes I say do it

3 years ago '14        #10883
#MaybeNextYear 111 heat pts111
space
space
$11,385 | Props total: 11841 11841
 Born_Loser said:
just putting this out there, Kings are willing to give up the 8th pick for a veteran player
please lord let them take jr

3 years ago '04        #10884
space
space
Begley

LeBron James can opt out of his contract at the end of this season to test free agency. He can do the same thing after next season.

The New York Knicks, of course, are well aware of this.

In a perfect world for Phil Jackson & Co., LeBron opt outs out his contract after next season and tests free agency in the summer of 2015.

New York is expected to be well under the cap at that point and should have the money to make a serious play for James.

But money alone won't be enough to lure James to New York, according to ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst. The Knicks will also need to prove that they're ready to contend for a title.

Writes Windhorst:

When James looks at his menu of options next month he will focus on being with a team that is built to contend for championships right now. Not in two years. Not after new teammates get their first taste of the playoffs. Now.

At age 29 and in his prime, James is not in the business of playing for a team that is still developing. He wouldn't have much interest in losing a season while a coach is learning the ropes, either. James is very focused on adding titles and being on a team that has the expectation to be a yearly contender, essentially a situation like he has been in for the past four seasons.

Windhorst later adds:

If he were to make a dramatic jump again at this point in his career, it would almost certainly take a situation like he chose in 2010, when the Heat offered an incomparable package of star power and title readiness. It likely would take some sort of dream scenario again to get James to even think about moving on.

It's hard to see the Knicks putting themselves in position to contend year in and year out by the summer of 2015.

If they re-sign Carmelo Anthony, maybe they can sell James on a tandem of he and Anthony (and a first-round pick, J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr., Iman Shumpert) being surrounded by accomplished veterans willing to accept veteran's minimum contracts.

If you're James, would you be interested in that situation?

Woody "proud" of Knicks record: Ex-Knicks coach Mike Woodson reflected on his time with the team earlier this week on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" show.

"I feel good about what my staff and I did in New York. We took a team that was struggling, got them into the playoffs," Woodson said. "The next year we went with some old heads like Jason Kidd and Kurt Thomas and Rasheed and Camby and an unknown guy like Pablo Prigioni and we put a helluva team together. Glen Grunwald, along with Mr. Dolan and the front office people, and we were able to win 54 games. … I was proud of that team."

Woodson, who is holding a golf tournament in Las Vegas in late July, also reiterated that he hopes to get back into coaching next season.

"Extremely quick. I would like to get back as soon as possible," the coach said.
 3 years ago '04        #10885
space
space
Berman

Mallory Edens, the NBA Draft lottery sensation and 18-year old daughter of the Bucks new owner, is actually a diehard Knicks fan. She attended about 15 to 20 games at the Garden this season and according to a close friend she possesses a trove of Knicks apparel.

Edens, who sat on the dais representing the Bucks at Tuesday’s lottery, is a senior at Trevor Day School on the Upper West Side, graduating next month and is in her fifth season on the girls’ basketball team. She also runs track and plans to compete for the cross-country team at Princeton next fall, according to the friend.

Edens sat next to Sixers’ legend Julius Erving at the lottery when the Bucks landed the second pick and became an overnight Internet sensation.

Wesley Edens, a Manhattan hedge-fund investor, bought the Bucks last month and has said he will keep the team in Milwaukee. The family has had Knicks’ season tickets in recent years. Edens said jokingly to his children he would make them “burn’’ their Knicks gear, but never went through with the threat. Edens has three older siblings. Two brothers and a sister.

“The family are huge Knicks fans, so they’re not making the kids give that up,’’ the friend said. “She has tons of Knicks stuff. She’s allowed to own it and wear it. The dad is not in any way stopping them from being Knicks fans also.’’

However, the friend added, “Since her father bought the team her heart is also now in Milwaukee and will cheer hard for the Bucks.”

Edens’ Twitter following rose from 250 followers to more than 45,000 in two days.

“It’s like obviously weird for her, but she’s not like panicking,’’ the friend said. “She’s not like an attention seeker so it’s a bit weird, but she’s generally pretty well-composed.’’

Her two favorite Knicks are Tim Hardaway Jr. and Carmelo Anthony, the friend said. The Bucks finished with the league’s worst record but now have a shot at adding either Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins or Joel Embiid with the draft’s second pick.

As for how she was selected to represent the Bucks, Mallory said after the lottery ended, “[My father] sort of brought it up in passing one time and I thought he was joking and then here I am so I suppose it wasn’t a joke.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10886
space
space
Begley

Mike Dunleavy Sr. acknowledges that he’s probably on the “outside” looking in when it comes to the Knicks coaching search. But he still believes he has a good shot at landing the job, partially due to his knowledge of the triangle offense.

“I hope so,” he said earlier this week on ESPN Radio’s “The Herd with Colin Cowherd.” “One of the things for me, as a player, I played in the triangle system down in Houston. It was kind of left over from when Tex Winter coached there. All my teams, I’ve run it for us as a transition set for us. Like, ‘Hey on misses we’re going to run out of this into the triangle.' And part of that was also the fact that I was thinking at some point in the playoffs we’re going to run into Phil’s teams. And by the time we get there my guys will know the triangle very well to be prepared to play them. So maybe I’m the outside guy from the other guys that he’ll talk to: former players for him who have played in the system and other guys who have coached under him in the system. But at least I do know the system.”

Dunleavy Sr. talked to Jackson last week about the coaching job, sources confirmed to ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard. A source told Broussard that Dunleavy is not at the top of Jackson's list, but is indeed a candidate.

Dunleavy, who has coached four NBA teams over 17 years, is also a candidate for the Los Angeles Lakers' open job.

Jackson would prefer a younger coach who he can mold in the same manner that Pat Riley developed Erik Spoelstra in Miami, sources have told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein and Ramona Shelburne.

So Dunleavy doesn’t fit that mold, which is why he himself acknowledged that he’s an “outside guy.” But Dunleavy and Jackson have a relationship having coached against one another for years. According to Broussard, the two stayed in touch frequently while both were in Los Angeles.

Dunleavy told Cowherd that he thinks Jackson will “gravitate” toward running the triangle but that there is room for the pick and roll and other traditional basketball sets in Jackson’s playbook.

“Even for Phil’s teams, late in games, a lot of times, he ran his plays “52” “53” which is Kobe Bryant pick and roll or Michael Jordan. Or “32, 33” elbow catches for Pippen and Jordan. So he mixes other things into the triangle as well,” Dunleavy said. “As a point of reference or basic flow offense, it’s a great offense.”

Dunleavy admitted to being a little surprised that guys without coaching experience such as Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher were considered leading candidates (at different times) for the Knicks job.

"A little bit, sometimes," Dunleavy said when asked if he was surprised by the influx of inexperienced coaching candidates. "But again, guys who are point guards are the closest thing to being coaches on the floor. So it depends on what your expectations are of those guys. Typically I still think there is a learning curve. And the other tough thing, of course, is depending on what market you’re starting out in media-wise and how tough that might be. So it just depends. If you’re going into a program where they say we’re going to give you a couple years to have that learning curve that maybe you would have gotten if you were an a.ssistant coach some place, you make mistakes on the run, that type of thing. It depends on the expectations and what you’re supposed to deliver in your first year."
 3 years ago '04        #10887
space
space
word is Thibs would leave Chicago if he could get his dream job....and i'm posting this here so take a fu*king guess what team would that be
 05-23-2014, 04:03 PM         #10888
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
word is Thibs would leave Chicago if he could get his dream job....and i'm posting this here so take a fu*king guess what team would that be
 3 years ago '07        #10889
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 1737 1737
 Born_Loser said:
yo I'd roll up to Chicago & drive Thibs to NYC my damn self if he wants the Knicks job.
 3 years ago '04        #10890
space
space
Begley

He hasn’t been offered the job, but Rick Fox said he’d welcome the opportunity to coach the Knicks. Still, he believes, like many Knicks fans, that Phil Jackson is “the best guy” to be head coach.

"I'm hoping -- I keep saying to Phil Jackson -- he needs to coach the team. He's the best guy for it. He's the holy grail of coaches,” Fox said in an interview with Bloomberg Television. “If he needed my support in some way, it'd be hard to turn him down. Or if he needed me to step in and do the job myself, I'd definitely welcome that."

Fox played under Jackson in Los Angeles and won three titles with him. The two dined in Manhattan last week, though it is unclear what they spoke about. Fox is currently an analyst for NBA TV and has never coached before.

Jackson is believed to be looking for a young coach who he can mold, comparable to what Pat Riley did in Miami when he hired Erik Spoelstra. Jackson would also like a coach with a strong knowledge of the triangle offense.

Fox knows the offense well. Another ex-Laker, Derek Fisher is a leading candidate for the job. Jackson and Fisher are expected to talk after the conclusion of the Oklahoma City Thunder's season. Oklahoma City trails San Antonio, 2-0, in the best-of-seven Western Conference Finals.

Luke Walton, Tyronn Lue, Jim Cleamons, Kurt Rambis and Mike Dunleavy Sr. are also candidates for the opening.
 3 years ago '08        #10891
AC_89 189 heat pts189
space
space
$38,335 | Props total: 12229 12229
Luke Walton lol
 05-24-2014, 10:07 PM         #10892
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spencer Hawes is a poor man's Kevin Love, I like him.

Get it done Phil.
 3 years ago '04        #10893
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony staged a dinner meeting with his entourage Friday night to discuss his free-agent future, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Anthony, his Creative Artists Agency agent Leon Rose, and CAA advisor William Wesley were in the group of six at a well-known haunt on 28th Street called Pergola in a strategy session discussing their options. The source said the group sat in a private back room.

Anthony has kept an extremely low profile since the regular season ended in mid-April unlike past offseasons.

On April 29, Anthony met secretly for two hours at a Tribeca steakhouse with Knicks president Phil Jackson, who told him at the time Steve Kerr was going to be the new Knicks coach.

Things have changed significantly since Anthony and Jackson met. Kerr passed on Knicks after initially being lowballed on a three-year, $13.2 million offer. Kerr’s reluctance to sign allowed the Warriors to rejoin the fray after Kerr initially declined to interview with them.

Jackson is now back to square one and Anthony could have been getting updates on the Knicks coaching search which has been at a standstill. Jackson prefers Brian Shaw over Derek Fisher but it doesn’t appear the Nuggets would allow Shaw, who just completed his first season as their coach, to interview with the Knicks.

Jackson is waiting on Fisher’s season to end with the Oklahoma City Thunder. That could occur later this week.

That Jackson was unable to recruit his buddy Kerr had to be an alarming development for Anthony, considering Jackson’s primary presence is to be a recruiter for the 2015 free-agent class.

Jackson is not familiar with the CAA agency and has talked about ending the perception the superagency has undue influence on the Knicks. However, Knicks general manager Steve Mills and a.ssistant GM Allan Houston are close with Wesley.

Jackson, in no uncertain terms, said soon after the season he will need Anthony to take a pay cut — less than the maximum salary — to re-sign. That would give the Knicks greater flexibility in adding to the roster in 2015.

It was Anthony’s original suggestion he would take less than the maximum, but Jackson’s comments raised eyebrows. However, it is believed Anthony was not offended.

“I like to appeal to his better nature of winning,’’ Jackson told reporters in late April. “There’s some obvious examples that everyone can point to.’’

Jackson referred to the Miami trio of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and San Antonio’s Tim Duncan. “A precedent has been set,’’ Jackson said.

Anthony’s potential decision to re-sign with the Knicks may be by default. Two of his prime candidates, Houston and Chicago, still have to get far enough under the salary cap to make it worth it for Anthony. The Bulls may have to rid themselves of Mike Dunleavy, Carlos Boozer and Taj Gibson on a squad that was knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. Plus, Anthony would be banking on the uncertain future of the oft-injured Derrick Rose.

The Rockets were also knocked out in the first round and need to get rid of Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik to get under the salary cap. Meanwhile, the Lakers have cap space but sources maintain they aren’t too interested in Anthony as a fit with Kobe Bryant. Nor is Lakers president Jeanie Buss enthralled with stealing Anthony from Jackson, her fiancé.

Dallas is also said to be interested in Anthony but also has to get under the salary cap. The Knicks still remain strong favorites, even if Jackson isn’t off to a sizzling start.
 3 years ago '04        #10894
space
space
Begley

The name of one somewhat surprising New York Knicks player keeps coming in conversations around the league as the draft and free agency draw near.

Combo guard Toure' Murry, coming off his rookie season, is said to be on the radar of a handful of teams -- Chicago and Golden State among them -- that are hoping the shift in power in New York from the Knicks' previous administration to Phil Jackson leads to Murry becoming an unrestricted free agent.

ESPNNewYork.com reported last week that the Brooklyn Nets also have interest in Murry.

The Knicks can make Murry a restricted free agent and obviously increase their chances of keeping him by extending the Wichita State product a qualifying offer before June 29. In that scenario, New York could match any offer Murry received in free agency.

But if they decline to extend Murry a qualifying offer, he'll become an unrestricted free agent.

At 6-foot-5, Murry would figure to appeal to Jackson, who has always favored big guards not only in his triangle offense but for the physicality they can bring to the position.

Murry, 24, averaged a mere 2.7 points and 1.0 a.ssists in 7.3 minutes per game last season but showed a glimpse of what he can do in the season's final two games, scoring 12.5 points per game and handing out 3.5 a.ssists in 25.5 minutes in those appearances.
 3 years ago '07        #10895
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,468 | Props total: 377 377
Murry is the best pg on the team hope they don't trade him, has potential.
 3 years ago '07        #10896
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 1737 1737
 Funeral James said:
Murry is the best pg on the team hope they don't trade him, has potential.
exatly... he's a rookie but if Avery Bradley can get a shot, so can Toure'
 3 years ago '04        #10897
space
space
Begley

The Knicks’ top priority this summer, as we all know, is to re-sign Carmelo Anthony.

If they fail to do so, Phil Jackson & Co. will likely use the summer of 2015 to rebuild with a stockpile of cash to spend on free agents and a first-round draft pick.

One of their targets in 2015 could be Timberwolves forward Kevin Love.

So here’s a hypothetical for you: How would a Knicks team built around Love compare with a team built around Melo?

One writer sees Love as the better building block.

ESPN NBA Insider Bradford Doolittle makes the case here that Love is a better fit for the Chicago Bulls than Anthony. In doing so, he surmises that Love is the better player to build around.

As Doolittle points out, this is a classic sports debate, and one that doesn’t have much relevance in future projections for the Knicks.

For one, losing out on Anthony this summer will be seen as a setback for many reasons, so it’s impossible to judge that development through the prism of “Love vs. Melo.”

Also, the Knicks will have plenty of competition for Love in 2015 -- with or without Melo. So the question of “who’s better” isn’t likely to be pertinent to the Knicks.

Still, on a macro level, it’s an interesting premise for Knicks fans to consider.

Here are some of the points Doolittle makes to support his argument:

Doolittle argues that Love is already a better player than Anthony based on the WARP statistic, which measures how much value a player adds when compared to a player who would replace him (generally a second-unit player). And he argues that Love, if healthy, will be a better long-term investment because he is a full four years younger than Anthony.

Writes Doolittle:

Over the past three seasons, Love has a 39.2 to 33.6 edge in WARP over Anthony even though he missed 64 games in 2012-13. Love's winning percentage -- the per-possession component of WARP -- was over .700 for the third time in four years. Anthony's .643 mark last season was the best he's ever done. Both are high volume players, but Love is a more efficient shooter, draws more fouls, hands out more a.ssists and, even after accounting for position, he laps Anthony in terms of board work. Neither is a great defender, but at the bottom line, Love's Real Plus-Minus of plus-5.10 is elite, while Anthony's plus-2.73 is merely very good.
 3 years ago '04        #10898
space
space
Begley

Phil Jackson is considering several factors as he searches for the Knicks' next coach.

Age is one; Phil would prefer a young coach over a retread.

Offensive philosophy is another; Phil is believed to be searching for someone with a strong knowledge of the triangle.

But there’s another factor Phil may be considering during his coaching search: Carmelo Anthony's free agency.

Anthony is expected to opt out of the final season of his contract and test free agency this summer. The Knicks can pay him $33 million more than any other suitor. But Anthony has said his top priority is competing for an NBA title. So the Knicks’ next coach -- whomever he is -- will likely factor in Anthony’s decision.

We haven’t heard from Anthony since shortly after the regular season. So we don’t know how he felt about Mike Woodson's firing or the failed Steve Kerr courtship. And we haven’t yet heard his thoughts on Derek Fisher, the odds-on favorite to land the Knicks job.

But here's what we do know: One source familiar with Anthony’s thinking on the matter said recently that the star forward would “embrace” the opportunity to play for Mark Jackson.

In no way, the source stressed, does that mean Anthony wants to play only for Mark Jackson. It also doesn’t mean he would be uncomfortable playing for Fisher or any other candidate Jackson chooses to hire.

But he would be content with the idea of playing for Jackson, who led Golden State to back-to-back playoff appearances.

In talking to people around the NBA about Jackson and the Knicks, one point that’s been made again and again is the idea that Jackson would handle the Knicks’ locker room well.

The Knicks are coming off a 37-win season in which players at times questioned the coaching staff's approach. Some players also questioned their teammates' commitment to winning. Jackson gained a tremendous amount of respect from the players in the Warriors' locker room, many of whom publicly questioned the treatment of their coach while his job was in jeopardy.

So what does that mean for Jackson's candidacy for the Knicks job? Not much, it appears.

There has been no indication Phil Jackson has any plans to interview Mark Jackson at this point. ESPN.com’s Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein reported this month that the Zen Master would be "open" to talking to the ex-Warriors coach about the job, but it is unknown if there has been any contact between them yet.

Jackson would like to hire someone he can mold, similar to the path Pat Riley took with Erik Spoelstra in Miami. He’d also like someone with a strong knowledge of the triangle offense. Mark Jackson doesn’t fit either of those categories.

But if Phil Jackson is taking Anthony’s free agency into account while searching for the next Knicks coach, should he take a stronger look at Mark Jackson?

Question: Do you think Phil Jackson should consider Mark Jackson as the Knicks' next head coach? Should Phil, while searching for his coach, take into account whom Carmelo would be comfortable playing for?

Happy B-Day: Thursday is Anthony's 30th birthday. Anthony needs just 42 points to reach the 20,000-point plateau. In NBA history, only LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan scored more points before their 30th birthday, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. ... The Knicks and Bucks will play in London at the O2 on Jan. 15, the NBA announced Thursday. The game is part of NBA Global Games for the 2014-15 season. The Houston Rockets and Minnesota Timberwolves will play at the Mexico City Arena on Nov. 12.
 3 years ago '04        #10899
space
space
Berman

Phil Jackson said Steve Kerr had given him “a commitment’’ to coach the Knicks and he had to “release’’ Kerr to take the Warriors’ job.

Jackson, in a meeting with the Knicks beat writers on Friday, said it was a verbal commitment, but indicated contracts were being drawn up. Jackson acknowledged Kerr ultimately made the right choice, though it has left Jackson in the lurch, waiting to speak to top candidate Derek Fisher after he finishes up his playoff run with Oklahoma City.

“For Steve, his family is really important,’’ Jackson said. “Unfortunately for him, he committed to me the day before the job opened with Golden State. I had to kind of release him to go to this job. You have to do what’s right for yourself. I understand entirely. We’re happy for him.’’

Jackson likely was speaking in generalities on the timing of Kerr backing out. Kerr initially rebuffed the Warriors on their attempt to interview him, according to Golden State GM Bob Meyers, because they told Kerr it could be a protracted search. But once Golden State was rebuffed by Stan Van Gundy, the Warriors went back to Kerr and gave him a firm offer. An NBA source told The Post the offer he accepted was for five years and $22 million. The Knicks’ initial offer was for three years and $13.2 million — the same $4.4 million per year.

Jackson said the amount of their initial offer wasn’t a factor in Kerr’s decision to renege.

“There’s plenty of things in the contract that if he came, he would’ve been very satisfied,’’ Jackson said. “That wasn’t the issue.’’

Jackson admitted a conversation with Kerr a year ago came back to haunt him. Jackson was involved with the group that wanted to move the Sacramento Kings franchise to Seattle. Jackson reached out to Kerr as a potential coach, and Kerr told him during their talks that Golden State would be the best team to run the triangle offense because of their shooters and passing big men.

“To be perfectly honest with you, it’s a better job for him,’’ Jackson said. “He’s a California guy and they have a group of guys who are formed, been in the playoffs, been there and have a good, good operating team right now. We’re still a team that didn’t make the playoffs and have to put together a roster. Not saying we have to rebuild, but build a competitive team.’’

Jackson, who won 11 titles coaching the Bulls and Lakers, said he still would like to hire a coach he’s familiar with from his past.

“I have a big circle,’’ Jackson said. “I like to have a prior relationship with a coach. We’ve gone through some kind of issues together. We’ve dealt with battle situations. We’ve had conflicts and disagreements and know how to work things out. That’s part and parcel of having a relationship with people that can work together and still disagree and come to terms.’’

Jackson referenced Fisher and Denver coach Brian Shaw, whom The Post has reported Jackson prefers. However, he’s realizes he’s not going to get him.

“I’ve had a series of interviews with people,’’ Jackson said. “Have not talked to Derek Fisher or Brian Shaw. Brian’s under contract with Denver. Denver has everything we owned the last few years. There’s nothing else I want to give them. Brian’s a well-respected guy, but he’s under contract.’’

Jackson has interviewed Mike Dunleavy, but it’s unclear whether he has spoken to Mark Jackson. A person in Mark Jackson’s inner circle said he is leery of working in a situation where the president has great influence on the coaching.
 3 years ago '04        #10900
space
space
Berman

Knicks president Phil Jackson said he’s tried to convince Carmelo Anthony to opt into his contract, forgoing free agency for another year, and reports Anthony said he is mulling it.

In a 45-minute meeting with beat writers at the Tarrytown facility, Jackson also said Derek Fisher is on his list of coaching candidates, but he is not sure Fisher is ready to move from LA to New York. Jackson added Steve Kerr, the previous front-runner for the job, gave him a verbal “commitment’’ before the Warriors job opened.

During his late-April dinner with Anthony, Jackson suggested the scenario of opting in, rather than becoming a free agent July 1 as expected. According to an NBA source, Anthony has until June 23 to inform the Knicks if he’s opting in. Jackson said he still could offer Anthony an extension after an opt-in under CBA rules.

“I’ve told him it might be a good idea to hang in here and see what it’s like for a year,’’ Jackson said. “Go out the next year. That’s his option. That’s what he’s earned. It’s part of his contractual agreement. I just offered that this gives you an opportunity to see how this is going to change, how we’re going to get it going.

“He thought about it. He said, ‘I’ll think about it.’”

Jackson admitted he is worried that another team could swoop in and spoil the Knicks’ plans with Anthony if he becomes a free agent.

“I’m not losing sleep over it, but I’m definitely concerned about the idea of a guy going into free agency,” Jackson said. “It only takes one bidder out there who has availability who can ruin your hopes and chances. We will survive it. That’s what I said and we’ll go forward. This a guy we recognize has the talent and skill that gets you through playoff game when things get sticky and grind-out. You need a guy capable of scoring with someone hanging on him in a situation that’s critical, and he’s one of the few players who can do that.’’

The dialogue between Jackson and Anthony also has touched upon the Knicks’ next coach.

“We have a communication that’s going on, and I like it,’’ Jackson said. “I like the direction. Unfortunately I told him Steve Kerr was going to coach the team and had to back off that. We haven’t talked about coaches since.’’

Jackson said he will talk to Fisher after the veteran guard’s playoff run with the Oklahoma City Thunder ends.

“The last two summers Derek and I have talked about the next step in his career and he’s gone back to playing,’’ Jackson said. “I kind of know what he wants to do and his feelings. He’s got a family in LA. He’s got little kids in LA. I have no idea if he wants to move his family and come here. There’s so many unknowns. He’s definitely a person on my list who could be very good candidate for this job.

“He was a lead guard who has a vision and real good concept of the game and liked doing the drill and skill work necessary to hold guys to premises of execution,’’ Jackson added.

In regards to Kerr, Jackson conceded the Warriors’ position may be a better situation for Kerr. He said he spoke with Kerr last year, ironically, about how the triangle offense would work best with the Golden State roster.

Jackson explained why he hasn’t asked the Nuggets for permission to speak to their coach, Brian Shaw.

“I saw [Denver President Josh] Kroenke made a statement they’re not willing to let Brian Shaw go — I respect that,” Jackson said. “It’s intrusive to approach another organization to ask for their coach. If you’re asking to speak to an a.ssistant coach or moving up from scout to personnel director, organizations respect that. I would feel badly for someone to ask to speak to my coach.”

Jackson said he’s still unwilling to coach despite suggestions from the organization because of his physical inability.
Home      

most viewed right now
Legendary Nickelodeon Pedophile Dan Schneider was/is a savage(in a bad way)
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Butlers reaction to the bulls fight is hilarious
31 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lena Chase
15 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Diddy, Ross, Big Sean, Jhene Aiko, 2Chainz, Lil Yachty & Tay600 at Guc..
94 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 17 - Tesla fired hundreds of workers after bad performance reviews
35 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Tiddies is hella ignant
46 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Remember to love a girl for her mind
18 comments
2 days ago