New York Knicks

most viewed right now
audio inside Remy Ma – Shether (Nicki Minaj Diss)
440 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
JAY Z x Nas x Jadakiss x DMX - "Untitled" (Prod Swizz Beatz
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
[[VIDEO]] MEEK doesnt take pic wit fans they RETALIATE by playing BACK TO BACK..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This segment caused Javale to snap at Shaq (video)
28 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10801
Born_Loser|M 96 heat pts96
space
space
$41,867 | Props total: 3277 3277
 Kitsch said:
I want Tyson gone, I'm sure the Mavs would want him.
yeah, Tyson needs to go for an upgrade at the PG position and Felton needs to go for a more suitable role player
 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM         #10802
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
yeah, Tyson needs to go for an upgrade at the PG position and Felton needs to go for a more suitable role player
The Mavs only have $26,556,235 committed in salary going into 2014/2015, we shall see.
 3 years ago '04        #10803
space
space
Tommy Dee

Since the Melo trade, the #Knicks have more playoff wins (7) than the Nuggets (6) and the Raptors (0) combined. #whodoesntlovenarratives
 3 years ago '07        #10804
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,408 | Props total: 294 294
What if Felton gets jail time can the team amnesty him or some crazy sh*t

12 - 18 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 40% 344 (-4) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10805
space
space
 Funeral James said:
What if Felton gets jail time can the team amnesty him or some crazy sh*t
i was wondering too, i think they'll get him off the books for the season
 3 years ago '04        #10806
space
space
Isola

Phil Jackson vowed to make changes to the roster during an impromptu speech to the Knicks players immediately following Wednesday’s season finale against the Toronto Raptors.

The Daily News has learned that both Jackson and Garden chairman James Dolan addressed the team in the locker room at Madison Square Garden late Wednesday, and the message from the club’s two highest-ranking officials was the same — a 37-45 record is unacceptable.

“Phil was honest; he said it was a disappointing season,” one Knick told The News. “He told us that there will be changes in the locker room and that not all of us will be back.”

Jackson wants to re-sign Carmelo Anthony, while the future of several players, including Raymond Felton, Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Amar’e Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin and Pablo Prigioni remain unclear. Jackson could look to trade Felton and Chandler, while Martin is a free agent headed for ankle surgery, and Prigioni may decide to return to Spain to finish his playing career.

The players were receptive to what both Jackson and Dolan said. In fact, Mike Woodson was in the room during both speeches, listening as Jackson praised his job performance.

According to one player, Jackson said that the players should be grateful to Woodson for the work he has done over the past several seasons.

Woodson’s job status has not been determined. He is under contract through the 2014-15 season, but the feeling around the league is that Jackson will clean house, starting with a coaching change. Woodson and Jackson have not held any formal discussions regarding the coach’s future, and according to a source, the two did not speak on Friday. In fact, the Knicks hinted that they will not be making any major announcements during the holiday weekend.

Following Wednesday’s victory over Toronto, Dolan addressed the team first and thanked the players for f!ghting over the final six weeks of the regular season and for not giving up. The Knicks went 16-5 in their last 21 games and finished one game behind eighth-place Atlanta in the Eastern Conference. They missed the playoffs for the first time in four years.

In October, The News reported that Dolan had met with Woodson and told the head coach that he believed the Knicks were good enough to win an NBA championship. Instead, the Knicks spent the final 80 games of the season under .500 one year after winning 54 games as well as a playoff series.

“He said we left the fans wanting more,” the player added. “He was very good. Mr. Dolan said he was disappointed with how the season played out and that we have to begin working on being a winner again right away. He said we all have to get back to work (Thursday). He said he wants to be able to say that we’re a championship contender next season.”

Dolan last met with the players on Dec. 26, not too long after having informal talks with Jackson about joining the organization. At the time, Dolan informed the players and coaches that no major changes would take place, and indeed the Knicks, despite internal discussions about firing Woodson and pulling off a trade for a point guard, decided to stand pat.

On Wednesday, Dolan, according to the source, thanked the players, and Jackson briefly addressed the team afterward. Jackson has had minimal contact with the players since he was hired last month, but it is obvious that he is going to become more active now that the season is over. On Thursday, Jackson met each player individually during exit interviews.

Jackson’s most pressing issues are deciding Woodson’s fate, which could be resolved at some point next week. Broadcaster Steve Kerr, who played for Jackson in Chicago, has been the leading candidate to coach the Knicks since last month. If — when — Woodson is dismissed, the Knicks will move quickly to get Kerr under contract.

Jackson is also trying to build a relationship with Anthony, who is expected to become a free agent on July 1. Anthony reiterated on Thursday that he intends to explore his free agent options. He also talked about wanting to return to the Knicks but that he wants to be convinced that the franchise is moving in the right direction.
 3 years ago '04        #10807
space
space
Berman

The stars are starting to align for an eventual reunion of Phil Jackson and Jim Cleamons in New York.

Cleamons, the former Knicks starting point guard, and Jackson were teammates in New York in the late 1970’s. From there, Cleamons became Jackson’s right-hand man on the bench for nine of the Zen Master’s 11 coaching titles — four with the Bulls and all five with the Lakers.

Cleamons, now a Bucks a.ssistant coach, would seem a perfect fit as top a.ssistant — a veteran and master of the triangle who could help potential new head coach Steve Kerr. Kerr has emerged as Jackson’s leading head-coaching candidate.

According to an NBA source, Cleamons is interested in rejoining Jackson’s Knicks in any capacity. Already, former Bulls personnel man, Clarence Gaines Jr. is on board with the Knicks in an unnamed front-office job and was in Portsmouth, Va. with team brass this week for the second day of an important pre-draft camp.

Gaines is a family friend of Cleamons — both with places in L.A. In fact, Gaines introduced Cleamons to his wife when all three worked together for the Bulls.

The NBA source said Cleamons also would have interest in anything Jackson has to offer, including a personnel gig.

The NBA source also said Cleamons is a big fan of his former player, Kerr, and his ability to be a head coach because of his “quick learning curve.’’

There probably isn’t another a.ssistant coach as well-versed in the triangle offense as Cleamons.

Cleamons could be on shaky ground with the Bucks. Things in Milwaukee for Larry Drew’s coaching staff, is uncertain after Herb Kohl sold the club to two billionaire investors last week.

“Anytime there’s new ownership, there’s a chance they can bring their own group in,” Drew said earlier this week. “That’s always a possibility. So we don’t know what the situation is.’’

It’s clear Jackson wants to surround himself with familiar faces he trusts, meaning the statuses of a.ssistant general manager Allan Houston and personnel directors Mark Warkentien are unclear.

As The Post reported earlier this week, Gaines is Jackson’s “eyes and ears’’ as he joined the Knicks’ staff last week.
“He’s a really good personnel guy, sees guys others have given up on,’’ one league general manager said.

Meanwhile, Woodson still has the title of head coach and he and Jackson were trying to meet early this week to discuss his future.
 3 years ago '11        #10808
King Henry 530 heat pts530
space
space
$41,968 | Props total: 5974 5974
Excited for our future

I think Kerr's gonna be a great coach with whatever roster he's given. But I wonder what changes will be made to our roster
 3 years ago '07        #10809
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,270 | Props total: 1570 1570
So when's Woodson getting canned??
 3 years ago '07        #10810
space
space
 KnicksLost said:
So when's Woodson getting canned??
Probably in a few days when him and phil have a meeting

Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '11        #10811
King Henry 530 heat pts530
space
space
$41,968 | Props total: 5974 5974
 Funeral James said:
Probably in a few days when him and phil have a meeting
Woody said he didn't want to meet with Phil. He said if Phil has a decision he could give it to his agent
 3 years ago '07        #10812
space
space
 King Henry said:
Woody said he didn't want to meet with Phil. He said if Phil has a decision he could give it to his agent
Woodson actin like a ho sometimes you just gotta man up and take your L

04-20-2014, 04:56 PM         #10813
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The future is bright.
 3 years ago '04        #10814
space
space
My immediate reaction to the entire coaching staff getting fired is... least Herb Williams is done collecting a check for doing nothing
 3 years ago '08        #10815
AC_89 162 heat pts162
space
space
$35,187 | Props total: 7226 7226
People were more mad about herb getting fired ny post says he may come back tho
 3 years ago '07        #10816
space
space
Boss don philip makin moves b.

I hope tour'e and cole get to start eventually tho

3 years ago '04        #10817
space
space
Berman

The old Jets general manager has a chance to lend a helping hand to the new Knicks president.

The worlds of former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and Phil Jackson are about to collide in an odd twist to the Knicks coaching search.

Tannenbaum became an agent one year ago, joining Priority Sports and Entertainment. Tannenbaum represents Knicks head-coaching candidate Steve Kerr, now with TNT and the heavy favorite to be Jackson’s next head coach.

Tannenbaum, who was with the Jets for 15 years, the last seven as GM, now runs the New York branch of Mark Bartelstein’s Chicago-based agency.

Bartelstein, one of the NBA’s top agents, represented Kerr as a player when he won five titles, three with Jackson in Chicago. In the NBA, however, player agents can’t represent coaches and GMs.

Tannenbaum represents coaches, GMs and TV/radio talent. Kerr is currently working the playoffs for TNT as a longtime partner of Marv Albert.

Tannenbaum knew Bartelstein from NFL negotiations, though Bartelstein specializes in the NBA. Bartelstein reached out to Tannenbaum after he was fired by the Jets after the 2012 season to see if he wanted to change careers. Tannenbaum started with the Jets in 1997 as director of player contract negotiations and is considered a top-flight negotiator.

“It’s a really unique opportunity, and I’ll be working with good people,” Tannenbaum said last April. “I’m hoping to bring a different perspective to the job. Nobody knows better than me the ups and downs of running a team, and I think I’ll be able to share those experiences in my new role.”

Tannenbaum, who has a law degree from Tulane, had done some TV work with NFL Network before going to the other side.

“I went through three head-coaching searches,” Tannenbaum recently said, “so that gives me a unique perspective.”
 3 years ago '04        #10818
space
space
Berman

Jason Kidd saluted Mike Woodson on Monday hours after he lost his job as Knicks head coach. Kidd finished out his playing career under Woodson last season.

“That’s part of the job, and it’s unfortunate,” the Nets rookie coach said as he prepared for Game 2 versus the Raptors. “He’s a great coach, and a great person, and I wish him the best of luck.”

Nets guard Joe Johnson, who played for Woodson in Atlanta, added Woodson thrives with isolation players such as himself.

“I’m sure he’ll get another job somewhere. I wish him the best,’’ Johnson said. “He was a great guy for me, who really brought out the best in me. I had some great years under Coach Woodson, and he was a guy who really put the ball in my hands and told me to make plays, so he means a lot to me.”

Steve Novak, who played for Woodson last season before being traded by the Knicks to Toronto, said Phil Jackson had to make a move to justify his existence.

“I don’t think they’d hire Phil and bring him in unless there were going to be major changes,’’ Novak said. “I think his salary indicates he’s going to be in charge of making things very different than they were.

“I don’t think anybody’s shocked but I think Coach Woodson did a good job there. We won 54 games last year and made it to the second round of the playoffs and then this year, had a down year but when you trade me away, what do you expect?’’

Novak said he “just joking.’’ But he added in a serious tone, “To be honest as a coach he was someone who was very in touch with the guys, knew what it took to motivate them. I feel he got the best out of a lot of people.’’

J.R. Smith told ESPN the firing was “sad’’ saying, “I think I got a fair shake for the first time in awhile under him. He treated me how he wanted to be treated. It sucks, but there’s nothing I can do about it.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10819
space
space
Mike Vaccaro

TORONTO — Just about every aspect of Phil Jackson, basketball executive, is still a vast unknown. The Knicks are essentially paying him $60 million on spec, and on the reputation he earned as the most successful coach in NBA history, with the extra bonus that he spent his most productive years as a player at Madison Square Garden.

All of that is fabulous.

All of that was splendidly exploited during his brief honeymoon, beginning with his introductory press conference, continuing through his rare public pronouncements since, mostly encircling the times he would quietly come to the Garden and watch the remains of the 2014 Knicks chase a playoff pipe dream.

And none of it tells us as much about Jackson as this first order of business, conducted Monday, when he fired Mike Woodson and his army of a.ssistant coaches, made a clean break with all of them including (at least for the time being) Herb Williams, who’s survived so many palace coups at the Garden, it was a.ssumed he was on permanent retainer.

Firing Woodson isn’t exactly an original thought, and it’s something most Knicks fans have been waiting for since December. By the end, Woodson’s only real supporters were those who blindly looked at his win-loss record and never actually bothered to watch a game in person this year, to see just how terribly coached this team was.

What’s more useful is seeing the way Jackson went about this: coolly — almost coldly — with little emotion and zero sentiment. He sent Woodson and his men on their way with a brushstroke of kindness — “I have a tremendous amount of respect for Mike Woodson and his entire staff,” Jackson said in a statement released by the team — but didn’t feel the need to go overboard, either.

“The time has come,” Jackson said, “for change throughout the franchise as we start the journey to a.ssess and build this team for next season and beyond.”

And that time, in this instance, was right now.

Immediately.

And if that’s a signal of how Jackson is going to be for as long as he sits at the helm of this franchise and this journey, then it is a positive first step. It is decisive, it is BS-free, it is business first, it is resounding.

So much of succeeding in the role Jackson has a.ssumed is about how you go about your business, every bit as much as the results of that business. There can be no half-measures. There can be no halfway. When Frank Cashen ran the Mets, he said, “One of the tricks to this job is balancing what seems to be two irreconcilable realities: patience and impatience.”

That’s exactly right. Knicks fans won’t sit still for the kind of elaborate, time-consuming rebuilding program that, for instance, Sandy Alderson has brought the Mets, where progress is measured in millimeters rather than miles — and Jackson is, frankly, too old for that kind of deliberate process.

But the Knicks have been burned for decades by the impetuousness that a right-now culture fosters, and that goes not only for Andrea Bargnani of the latter-day Knicks but every other impulse buy going back to Spencer Haywood, the first dim-bulb bright idea that ransomed the franchise’s health for its ego.

Next up will be finding Woodson’s replacement, and all indications are Jackson has already given serious thought to that, has already identified Steve Kerr as his man, and it will be interesting to see how quickly he tries to close that.

Again, it will take some decisiveness on Jackson’s part, starting with the need to inform Kerr he would have to give up his sweet broadcasting gig if he says yes. Remember: no half-measures.

The tough part is still beyond that: identifying the right players and then having the skill to draft, sign or acquire them. Still so much of Jackson’s game is to be defined and determined. But if he’s going to do the rest of the job as decisively as his first act? He really might have a f!ghting chance after all.
 3 years ago '04        #10820
space
space
Ian O'Connor

Steve Kerr understands big league pressure and what it means to work in the looming shadow of greatness. In the 1997 NBA Finals, with the Chicago Bulls on the verge of putting away the Utah Jazz, Michael Jordan would wave off Phil Jackson's designed play and draw it up instead for his struggling teammate.

"This is your chance," Jordan told Kerr.

Sure enough, after John Stockton abandoned his man to provide help defense on Jordan, the one and only threw a pass to an open Kerr, who drained the Game 6 shot that gave the Bulls their second consecutive title and gave the reserve guard a platform to thank Jordan for his unbending faith. "I owe him everything," Kerr said.

Someday in the not-too-distant future, Kerr might be saying the same thing about Jackson. The president of the New York Knicks just fired Mike Woodson and started a search for a replacement that might begin and end with Kerr, the TNT broadcaster and former Phoenix Suns GM who meets at least two of Jackson's apparent requirements for serious consideration: He has a burning desire to coach, and he can tell you more about the triangle than your average high school geometry teacher.

Truth is, Jackson should take his time and open up the search. He should wait and see if any interesting people get fired after losing in the first round of the playoffs. The draft is two months away, so what's the rush? Should a rookie president really hire a rookie head coach? Why consider only those who live and breathe the triangle offense when it would shrink the pool of candidates to a precious few and eliminate some highly qualified coaches who run similar systems based on the same ball-sharing concepts?

Aren't Zen Masters often celebrated as broad thinkers who never allow themselves to be boxed in?

In the end, we all know Jackson is going to do what Jackson is going to do. James Dolan, the Knicks' owner, handed him $60 million to build something worthy of comparison to the 11 championship teams Jackson coached in Chicago and Los Angeles, and nobody, not even Dolan, will tell the new president how to pick his players or the professionals hired to develop them. Though it would seem to make more sense to move Kerr into the front office, where he has some experience, and hire a veteran head coach who would ease Jackson's transition into a new role, Phil believes he's smarter than the rest of us when it comes to basketball, and his track record walks the talk.

But here's one thing Kerr or whoever replaces Woodson needs to accept before walking through that Madison Square Garden door, one thing that Jackson might not mention in the official job interview: That coach had better be strong enough to handle Jackson as his boss and, of greater consequence, as his permanent replacement-in-waiting.

That will be his toughest challenge by far. It won't be the New York market, the New York media or the New York championship drought that dates back to 1973. It will be the calls from the fans, and credentialed commentators, during the inevitable losing streak or three for Jackson to come down from the mount and coach the Knicks all the way to a parade.

"New York is famous for chants, and you know you'll hear 'We want Phil' in the Garden after they lose four in a row," said one longtime league official with ties to the Knicks. "If the head coach is Steve Kerr or someone else, he'll have to be strong and understand that something like that is going to happen. He'll have to understand that it's not a knock on him, but a testament to Phil's greatness. And then it's up to Phil to protect his coach from that."

There's something of a natural line to be drawn here to Pat Riley's decision in 2005 to leave the Miami Heat's front office and replace Stan Van Gundy on the bench. At 60, the 2005 Riley was eight years younger than Jackson is now, and he didn't have the health issues that Jackson has cited as a reason to keep his coaching days behind him.

But still, Jackson considered returning to the Lakers' sideline before being passed over -- shockingly enough -- for Mike D'Antoni, and he hasn't completely ruled out one last go on the bench. What if a re-signed Carmelo Anthony or the major free agent the Knicks sign in July 2015 ultimately decide to push behind the scenes for a Jackson comeback, much like Shaquille O'Neal and Alonzo Mourning were said to have favored a Riley return in 2005?

"That's where Phil would have to protect his guy," the official said, "and come out and tell the fans, 'Stop it. You're hurting our guy. You're hurting us. I'm not doing it, and he's the best coach for us.'

"Phil will have to stand with him and support him. He'll also have to let his coach be a little different. Maybe he won't burn incense in the locker room or hand out books for his players to read. Maybe he'll use some of the triangle principles instead of using only the triangle all of the time. Either way, that coach will need to be protected by strong leadership."

Once upon a time, a new head coach named Bill Belichick ran away from the New York Jets because, among other things, he wasn't comfortable with the specter of Bill Parcells as his front-office overlord. Parcells had two championship rings at the time, or nine fewer than Jackson has right now, playing days not included.

If Kerr turns out to be Jackson's guy, so be it. He was once tough enough to accept the mother of all endgame challenges from Michael Jordan, who, deep down, wasn't sure Kerr was up to it.

But Jordan wasn't Kerr's boss or his permanent replacement-in-waiting in Chicago. Phil Jackson will be both in New York, and it's going to take one hell of a coach to deal with that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Self Defense or no? Macon, GA shooting caught on camera; possibly over ..
323 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside After dumping a clip on REMY, NICKI MINAJ drops new pics reminding her..
83 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Swiss Beats VS Just Blaze Beat Battle Tonite Instagram Live
1023 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside These Barber's/Salon's Are Gettin' Out Of Hand With This Shyt Now...
106 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
r.i.p. the legendary taco bell naked chicken calupa
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The disrespect!
129 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Snitching To TNT About Shaq
190 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Married Teacher Gives Student Sneakers, Food, Liquor & Credit Card In ..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy