most viewed right now
NBA Klay Thompson doesn't believe in recreational marijuana
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10781
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,656 | Props total: 2169 2169
Berman

Not only is Carmelo Anthony torn up over missing the playoffs for the first time in his career, but for the second straight season, he finished the season playing with a torn shoulder. Whether he’s finished with the Knicks is another matter.

Although not as severe as last season’s injury, Tuesday’s MRI exam revealed Anthony has a small tear in the labrum of his right shoulder but it won’t need surgery at this point, the Knicks announced. Anthony, who sat out last night’s 109-98 win over the Nets, also will miss Wednesday’s season finale against the Raptors.

The Knicks said Anthony will be reevaluated in one month, by which time he could be healed, according to Mike Woodson. The Knicks had called it a “strain,’’ which is akin to a very minor tear. It’s conceivable the injury, which happened when he became entangled with Joe Johnson in a game against the Nets on April 2, could have worsened from playing through it for four games.

Anthony had two tears in his left shoulder after last season’s playoffs — the rotator cuff and labrum. He chose to rehab it and did so successfully. The rotator cuff is considered more serious than a labrum tear.

If Anthony did have surgery, it probably would affect his free agency because the healing process is several months. That’s why he’ll follow the same path as last season and told TNT he can’t wait to begin rehab.

“It’s hard, really hard,’’ Anthony said of missing the playoffs. “I have a lot to think about.”

Presumably he was referring to his future. His chances of remaining with the Knicks were greatly lifted with the hiring of Phil Jackson as president. As Anthony said Sunday, it was “definitely a big play for our organization, for the Knicks and for me.”

Anthony showed up in Brooklyn Tuesday night before the game, entered the locker room where he went around to shake every player’s hand but declined to speak to reporters.

“I feel bad for him more than anyone,’’ Woodson said before Tuesday night’s win.“He had the kind of season where he deserves to be in the playoffs. I feel bad about that.‘’

Anthony refused to take an MRI exam when the Knicks were still in the playoff race. They were eliminated Saturday night.

“Obviously he knew it was bothering him but he hung in there with us and tried to make this last push to the playoffs,’’ Woodson said. “He’ll be good to go in a month or so and we’ll see.’’

At the morning shootaround at Barclays Center, Woodson said Anthony was finished for the season, even though the results of his MRI were unknown.

Anthony finished the season averaging 27.4 points per game on 45.2 percent shooting in 77 games, averaging 38.7 minutes. He also shot a healthy 40 percent from 3-point land and hauled in a career-high 8.2 rebounds per game. He’s the first player since Shaquille O’Neal in 2002-03 to average at least 27 points and 8 boards.

Anthony has been bothered by a shoulder since April 2 when he became entangled with Joe Johnson of the Nets.

The Lakers have cap space to pursue Anthony but that seems unlikely. The Bulls, Rockets and Clippers will also have interest but need to pull off a sign-and-trade unless they can make deals to get under the cap.

Jackson made a rare road appearance sitting in a suite at Barclays and didn’t speak to reporters as he got into his black van afterward.
 3 years ago '04        #10782
space
space
Berman

If Knicks president Phil Jackson is more concerned with 2015 free agency than the 2014-15 season, center Tyson Chandler acknowledged this may not be the right place for him.

The Knicks, after missing the playoffs, have mapped out a blueprint to keep open cap space for the summer of 2015 while trying to grind through the 2014-15 season. That could mean few upgrades this offseason when the Knicks actually own a lottery pick if they miss the playoffs again.

Chandler has one year left on his pact at $14 million and becomes a free agent in 2015, when Jackson is looking to pounce on a free-agent class that could include LeBron James and will feature Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rajon Rondo and Goran Dragic, among others.

“I definitely don’t want to waste another season,’’ Chandler said before the Knicks faced the Nets Tuesday at Barclays Center. “I don’t want to waste this season. I’m not into wasting seasons. Your time is too short in this league and I want to win a championship, another one. I’m not into wasting seasons.’’

Asked if Jackson’s plan was more about the future than present, he said: “I’ll cross that bridge when it gets to that point. I hope it’s not that situation.

“That decision isn’t going to be in my hands,’’ Chandler added.

In March in Detroit, after the Knicks had lost their seventh straight game to fall 19 games under .500, a despondent Chandler said ominously of his future: “That’s something I have to visit during the offseason. We’re all going to have a lot of decisions to make.’’

Chandler could easily be used as Jackson’s No. 1 trade chip this summer with his expiring contract and his ability still to play at a high level. Scouts, however, say Chandler saw his first sign of slippage after breaking his leg in the season’s fourth game and missing six weeks.

Chandler is one of the few players in the NBA with experience playing the triangle offense, which he did early in his career with Chicago. It didn’t work.

“I played it my first couple of years, but it was like a square because Phil wasn’t there,’’ Chandler said. “We ran it with Tim Floyd, then Bill Cartwright. It didn’t work out well, but we didn’t have the talent Phil had in Chicago.’’

Chandler still thinks this squad can succeed as constructed, but with better teamwork. When asked if he wants to be part of this new program, Chandler said: “I’m signed up to be part of this program. I think the future can definitely be bright. I think we still have positive pieces. We just have to understand how to put it together.’’

Chandler, who averaged 8.9 points and 9.8 rebounds, is still dumbfounded as to what went wrong during this non-playoff season, which ends Wednesday against the Raptors.

“I thought I had a great summer of training,’’ Chandler said. “I broke my leg early in the year, then from there it spiraled downhill.

“[The chemistry] never felt right throughout the season. We had some bright spots. Never where we were on a level where we should’ve been. I don’t have an answer for that.

“It’s definitely something we didn’t expect. We came with high expectations, high hopes. It’s definitely disappointing.”

After the lockout ended, Chandler, coming off a title in Dallas, signed as a free agent with the Knicks.

“The first year I got here, I understood it would be a building situation,’’ Chandler said. “I felt we had core pieces, just a matter of getting pieces to go along with that. Second year I thought we made strides. This year was just unexpected. I didn’t expect it.’’

Chandler doesn’t want to experience it again.

“I never want to be in a situation like this,’’ he said. “I pride myself on being a competitor and taking the team to another level.”
 3 years ago '04        #10783
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith said he can’t wait for his exit meeting Thursday with new Knicks president Phil Jackson to “pick his brain,’’ considering the Zen Master has had success with a couple of talented shooting guards in the past.

“I haven’t had conversations with him,’’ Smith said late Tuesday night after the Knicks beat the Nets at Barclays Center. “I’m excited to pick his brain a little bit, see what I need to work on, where I can get better at. He’s had the greatest at my position. It will be great to talk to him.’’

Smith was referring, of course, to Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Smith came out of high school with extraordinary physical talent, but NBA personnel men feel he’s been derailed by an immaturity that led to multiple NBA infractions, including a five-game suspension to start this season for failing three marijuana tests.

“Definitely,’’ Smith said when asked if Jackson can bring him to another level. “The way he’s challenged people mentally, it will definitely work for me. For some reason, people think I’m not a mentally tough or a strong person. It would be great. A good test for me.’’

The enigmatic Smith, who came on strong in the season’s final 1 ½ months after laboring following offseason knee surgery, is likely part of next season’s plan because he would be hard to trade. Many NBA GMs consider Smith to have too much baggage, the problems outweighing the talent.

But Jackson already knows he needs to add scoring punch to aid Carmelo Anthony, and Smith won the Sixth Man of the Year Award last season. Jackson also made a telling comment recently, saying Smith could be the X-factor if the Knicks make the playoffs. Dennis Rodman was another wild child whom Jackson eagerly accepted.

Smith said health – including his own – was the biggest factor in the Knicks’ failing to make the playoffs. Their season ends Wednesday night against the Raptors at the Garden.

“I need two checks for that,’’ Smith said when asked what the club needs for next season. “I think we need to stay healthy, get guys to be consistently healthy throughout the year. I think we have all the right pieces. It was a matter of us putting it in the right spots. We got to start off the year the way we played the last month and a half. Everything else will take care of itself.’’

Title thoughts ran through Smith’s mind in training camp, and he said the end result is “very sour.’’ Smith missed most of camp rehabbing from surgery to repair his patella tendon and meniscus, then sat out the first five games – a development Mike Woodson has blamed for the club’s failure to gain chemistry.

Smith didn’t have full strength in his left knee until around the All-Star Break, he said. Wearing a mask for four weeks to protect his broken cheekbone didn’t help. Smith’s late run raised his scoring average to 14.3 points per game, down from last season’s 18.2.

“Going into the season, I was thinking championship, we were a championship-caliber team,’’ Smith said. “We have the right pieces. We got hungry people, young kids, vets. People been there before. It’s very sour.’’

The Knicks have won three straight – the last two after getting mathematically eliminated.

“It sucks, but you play for self-pride,’’ Smith said. “I’m disappointed but we put ourselves in this position. We had a chance to nip it in the bud a long time ago, but we didn’t. It’s going to be an extremely long summer.”

As for whether he feels his longtime teammate Carmelo Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks, Smith said, “In my heart, I believe he’ll still be here.’’

Smith said he won’t talk to Anthony about it, too uncomfortable.

“I’m not going to talk about it with him at all,’’ Smith said. “He’s got to talk about it with y’all every day about it. I’m not going to talk about it with him because he’ll stop calling me and tell me not to come over no more.’’
 3 years ago '08        #10784
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,838 | Props total: 5548 5548
Trade Chandler for a point guard
 3 years ago '04        #10785
space
space
Kenyon to have surgery on his ankle and wants to come back next season
 3 years ago '04        #10786
space
space
Odom officially a Knick
 3 years ago '04        #10787
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- The Knicks have signed forward Lamar Odom, the team announced on Wednesday.

A league source told ESPN New York that Odom's contract is guaranteed for the remainder of the season and contains a non-guaranteed option for next season. It will be up to the Knicks to exercise the option.

This gives the team an opportunity to work Odom out and determine his fitness before committing to him for the 2014-15 season.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein previously reported that the Knicks, at the behest of new team president Phil Jackson, had been looking into the possibility of signing Odom for the past few weeks.

Jackson coached Odom for five seasons in Los Angeles. Odom won two championships under Jackson and the 2010-11 Sixth Man Award.

He was traded from the Lakers to the Dallas Mavericks after Jackson's final season as Lakers coach in 2010-11 and has since struggled to approach the same level of production he regularly managed under Jackson.

Odom's health is uncertain at this point. The 34-year-old's short stint playing in Spain ended due to a back injury.

The Queens native has spent time in New York since returning from Spain where he played for Laboral Kutxa Baskonia in the Spanish ACB for just two games.

Odom last stint in the NBA was in 2012-13 with the Los Angeles Clippers.

The Clippers and Lakers had expressed interest in signing Odom at various points this season after a tumultuous summer off the floor that included his eventual divorce from reality TV star Khloe Kardashian.

During the 2013 offseason, Odom also was arrested on a DUI charge and reportedly suffered from substance-abuse issues.

Both the Clippers and Lakers ultimately passed on signing Odom, leading the veteran to make his return in Spain.
 3 years ago '06        #10788
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
lets how bad Odom's back is

i think he's rinsed though.
 3 years ago '04        #10789
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith sang the praises of the Knicks’ new signee, Lamar Odom, the troubled power forward from Queens who was officially signed Wednesday for the final game of the regular season in Phil Jackson’s first personnel move as team president.

The idea is for the Knicks to try out Odom across the next couple of months to see if he’s worth bringing to training camp. Odom will make a pro-rated $8,500 for the one game — 1/170th of the league’s veteran’s minimum.

More importantly, the former Christ The King star signed for a second non-guaranteed year. If the Knicks deem Odom not worth keeping for reasons stemming from his alleged drug issues, that salary figure of $1.3 million for next season can be thrown into a summer trade if need be for salary-cap reasons to make the mathematics work.

“Lamar’s a great player,’’ Smith said after the Knicks finished their season with a 95-92 win over the Raptors at the Garden. “A championship-caliber game, brings so much intangibles to the game. He’s a glue guy to the championship teams. I’m happy to have him.’’

Odom played five seasons for Jackson with the Lakers and won two titles. Arrested for DUI last summer, he didn’t play this season, other than a brief two-game stint in Spain before he was derailed by back issues. In November, he met in November with the Clippers, with whom he played last season, but they passed.

The 6-foot-10 Odom, who recently split with his wife, Khloe Kardashian, holds career averages of 13.3 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.7 a.ssists and 33.4 minutes in 961 games (684 starts) over 14 seasons with the Clippers, Heat, Lakers and Mavericks. He appeared in two games for Baskonia (Spain) this season and last played in the NBA for the Clippers during the 2012-13 season, averaging 4.0 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.7 a.ssists over 19.7 minutes in 82 games.

As Jackson still feels out the Knicks’ landscape, he brought in a former Bulls ally in Clarence Gaines Jr. last week to be his “eyes and ears,’’ according to an NBA source.

Gaines Jr., whose father was Clarence “Big House’’ Gaines, the legendary Winston-Salem State basketball coach, does not yet have an official capacity and is just helping Jackson out for now, the source said. He could be named to the front office, but not to supplant Knicks general manager Steve Mills. Gaines could help with the expected Knicks coaching search.

Gaines was Jerry Krause’s right-hand man as a Bulls scout when Jackson coached there. Gaines has been hanging around the team for several days and with the front-office staff, including Mark Warkentien, Mark Hughes and Allan Houston.

“Phil’s not comfortable with a lot of people but he’s very comfortable with him,’’ the source said of Gaines. “There’s some good people in the front office and I don’t think he’s intending to clean house.’’’

Kenyon Martin said he will have left-ankle surgery soon, indicating it would be a “clean-up.’’

Martin missed the final two months but said he wants to return next season as a Knick.

“I’ve got a lot of basketball left and I hope it will be here,’’ he said.
 3 years ago '04        #10790
space
space
Berman

Mike Woodson said he still hopes to talk to Phil Jackson about remaining as head coach next season, but wouldn’t say if he will help the Knicks team president conduct exit meetings Thursday and Friday with the players.

Woodson said he’d like to find out his status “soon” and he likely will in the next 48 hours.

Woodson is not expected to be retained to finish the final year of his contract and almost a.ssuredly coached his final game Wednesday in a 95-92 win over Toronto, going out on a four-game winning streak. That Woodson said he “won’t comment’’ on whether he’ll join Jackson for the exit meetings spoke volumes about his tenuous status.

Despite guiding the Knicks to a 37-45 record this season, Woodson showed his swashbuckling side when he said, before Wednesday’s game, he still thinks he’s “the only guy’’ for this job.

“If they bring me back, I’m going to make damn sure this doesn’t happen again,’’ Woodson said. “I hope [I’ll know] soon. There’s been enough said about my job all year from you guys. Hopefully soon I’ll know my destination on where I’m going to be.’’

Woodson has one year left on his pact at about $3.3 million. The Knicks’ failure to make the playoffs after last season’s 54-28 gem has him on the firing line, especially with the notion Jackson wants to bring in a new coach to mold in his image.

As Jackson left the Garden Wednesday night, he waved to a small group of media waiting for him at his van but declined to answer questions.

J.R. Smith came to Woodson’s defense after the game.

“I think he’s in a tough situation, a situation he’s been in all year,’’ Smith said. “Not knowing his place or where he’s going to be, whether going to be here or not here. I hate it has to be him because he’s a great person and great coach. I don’t know what it is last year from this year. You get so many praises then so many [slights], it’s amazing.’’

Woodson thinks he should come back because of all the injuries that peppered this disastrous season.

“I said this couple of weeks ago, I’m the only guy for this job and I don’t say that in a braggadocio way,’’ Woodson said. “I’ve always said that. I feel good about what I do as a coach. I know the system works.”

Woodson was a terrific 18-6 as interim coach in 2012 taking over for Mike D’Antoni. He led the Knicks to their first Atlantic Division title since 1993-94 last season, but they fell to the Pacers in the second round of the playoffs. According to sources, Knicks owner James Dolan wasn’t pleased with Woodson’s coaching performance against Indiana.

This season, Woodson can be blamed for the spate of losses in the final minute — a predictable late-game offense that certainly didn’t allow Carmelo Anthony to become a late-game hero. Woodson was also pilloried in January for failing to call a timeout in the final seconds of a loss to Washington to set up a final possession.

“Last season was last season,’’ Woodson said when asked if his 2012-13 record should be a factor. “Totally different personnel. I don’t know how much it will play. I’m not sitting here begging, saying that it should play a major role in me staying here. I can’t make that decision. That’s got to come from the top.’’

If Jackson hires a coach with no experience such as Steve Kerr, a former Suns general manager with whom he is close, it would be a gamble. But Woodson also has not been out of the second round in his head-coaching career and his offense doesn’t resemble Jackson’s selfless attack, instead often resorting to isolation plays for Anthony and Smith.

However, credit Woodson for making Anthony a much-better rebounder and defender. At his first practice as head coach, he huddled with Anthony to read him the riot act regarding being a better all-around player, according to a league source.

“I don’t need to ask,’’ Woodson said about his future. “As a coach, I put myself in position to do the right thing and I think I have done the right thing unfortunately we had some misfortune in terms of injuries. I never used that once as an excuse. Eventually when that time comes, they’ll let me know what they want to do.’’

Woodson was asked if he’d consider staying with the franchise in a different role and said it depended what the position was.

Jackson has no pattern of dealing with coaching firings or hirings as he is in his first month as a team president. A league source familiar with Jackson’s thinking said he would be more “deliberate’’ than not.

Woodson said he doesn’t have timetable for a sit-down with Jackson, but it could come Thursday or Friday.

“We’ve had our little chats,’’ Woodson said. “Again the big chat will be my job security, where I’m going to be. That will eventually come, I’m sure.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10791
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony said after his exit meeting with Knicks president Phil Jackson he definitely “wants to stay,’’ that the “grass isn’t always greener on the other side,’’ but competing for a title is still the No. 1 priority in his free-agent decision.

Anthony said he spoke with Jackson for 12 minutes and came away extremely impressed with his communication skills, though he admitted Jackson didn’t map out the plan for the franchise yet.

“I want to come back,” Anthony said Thursday at the Tarrytown practice facility. “I want to come back. If me wanting to be here, if we can put ourselves in a position to compete at a high level over the course of five years, whatever that contract will be, I’m willing to stay here. I never once said I wanted to leave. I always said I want to explore options and see what’s out there.”

In a surprising development, Anthony also gave his strongest endorsement this season of lame duck coach Mike Woodson, saying he’d give him “a recommendation’’ if that’s what it would take for Woodson to return next season.

“Mike Woodson has become a guy I can talk to, almost a father figure, a friend, a guy I can bounce stuff off of,” Anthony said. “I’ve been a guy he’s talked to about multiple things. When that time comes, if it’s ready for me to step up and take the next step, [of answering whether] Mike Woodson needs to stay or go, I don’t think it will come down to that, but I would back him. If he needs my recommendation, here or anywhere else, I’d back him. I have nothing bad to say about Mike Woodson. For me as a player, I had some of my best years under Mike Woodson.’’

Anthony said he enjoyed immensely his conversation with Jackson.

“There was some insight,’’ Anthony said. “Phil always comes with some kind of knowledge. Which is always good. We didn’t get into detail any specifics about anything. We went on a recap of the season. We didn’t get into details about anything specific. His knowledge and wisdom is something I can sit down and listen to all day long. He’s very philosophical. He has a scenario. He has an answer for every scenario. He makes everything clear. Just the way he talks and his delivery and message for me something I can listen to all day.”

Still, Anthony said winning is the only thing.

“At this point of my career, it’s about winning — Nothing else really matters,” he said. “That’s not going to change. That’s still going to be my mindset. It is my mindset. That’s going to be my No. 1 thing.’’

Anthony is hoping Jackson’s plan is not to tank next season in preparation for 2015.

“I’m not at a point where I want to rebuild,’’ Anthony said. “If we can work with the pieces we have and Phil brings his knowledge of running a basketball program to this, we can have a lot of talk.’’

Asked about teams that could be closer to a title such as Chicago and Houston, Melo said, “Other teams that’s out there, the best situation, you never know. Sometimes the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.”

Anthony said of missing the playoffs: “It’s embarrassing. For me. I can’t even put that into words. I can’t describe the feeling.’’

He also said he began rehab for his right shoulder labrum tear on Wednesday.
 3 years ago '06        #10792
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
i'm thinking we might get a 2nd round pick this year for some cash
 3 years ago '04        #10793
space
space
 Parkchester said:
i'm thinking we might get a 2nd round pick this year for some cash
i got my money on a late 1st but yeah, 2 2nd rounders might be a better chance

Last edited by Born_Loser; 04-18-2014 at 12:42 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #10794
space
space
Marc J. Spears

LOS ANGELES – Pau Gasol felt nostalgic in what he admitted might have been his last day with the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday. He's also excited about his impending free agency and is open to a reunion with former Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who now runs the New York Knicks' front office.

"I'm happy for him and the position that he got," Gasol said. "I'm always going to be a big fan and a friend. I would listen."

Gasol completed his seventh season with the Lakers averaging 17.4 points and 9.7 rebounds in 60 games. He won two titles with the Lakers under Jackson, but the latter part of his tenure in L.A. has been clouded by constant trade speculation, including a near-deal to the Houston Rockets. He also didn't fit with coach Mike D'Antoni's offense and had two straight disappointing seasons.

Despite the struggle in recent years, Gasol seemed very much at peace during his postseason media briefing on Thursday. The main reason is because he can help decide his own future as a free agent this offseason.

"This year is a little different," Gasol said. "Every time I said [he felt sentimental] is because I didn't know if I was going to be traded. That has been kind of a theme for the last three years. But this year that possibility is out of the question. Now it's because I will be in charge of my future, my destiny and I have to listen to the different possibilities that I will have on the table."

Gasol said he would "listen closely" to the possibility of returning to the Lakers. The biggest reason he'd consider returning is to continue playing with Kobe Bryant.

Gasol, however, also said he had "misunderstandings" with D'Antoni the past two years and was uncertain if the status of the coach would affect his decision. D'Antoni has one more year and a team option remaining on his Lakers contract, but his future with the organization is in question. The Lakers might also want to part ways with Gasol to save money for better free agent classes in 2015 and 2016.

"The last few years I've kept on my mind that this could be my last day here," Gasol said. " 'Let me try to enjoy it. Let me try to make the best out of it.' That has kind of been my mindset the last couple of years. This could be my last day, maybe."

Jackson coached Gasol with the Lakers from 2007-10. Since being hired as the Knicks' president, Jackson has signed former Lakers forward Lamar Odom to a contract and met with former Lakers forward Metta World Peace. The Knicks would be interested in Gasol in free agency, a source said.

Gasol, 33, made $19.3 million in the final year of his contract and isn't expected to get anything close to the type of salary again. Joining the Knicks would likely come with a massive pay cut since the most they can offer – without a sign-and-trade deal – is the taxpayer's midlevel exception, expected to be worth about $3.2 million.

With the Knicks expected to play Jackson's triangle offense and more of a half-court, such a style of play could be attractive to Gasol. Gasol, however, also said he wanted to play on a championship-caliber team and the Knicks didn't make the playoffs this season with Carmelo Anthony.

"I want to enjoy the moment and not be too stressed about it, even though at some point I'm going to have to make a decision," said Gasol, who is improving from his recent bout with vertigo. "It will be exciting. I look at this as an opportunity. For the first, and maybe only time, I will be a free agent where I can choose. It's exciting. It's nothing that I've experienced in the NBA."

Gasol offered his polite goodbyes to the media and Lakers fans as he had in recent years at the end of the season. Thursday's, however, might have been a true farewell.

"I'm very grateful to be a part of this franchise and the city," Gasol said. "I will always be part of this franchise and this city no matter what. If I don't come back, that's how I feel about it. I'm thankful for everything I experienced in this city, the fans, the media, everyone."
 04-18-2014, 01:00 AM         #10795
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
i got my money on a late 1st but yeah, 2 2nd rounders might be a better chance
Any idea who from?
 3 years ago '04        #10796
space
space
 Kitsch said:
Any idea who from?
Just a guess but maybe Charlotte (Phil/MJ connection) or even Phoenix since they own the pacers pick
 04-18-2014, 04:06 AM         #10797
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Born_Loser said:
Just a guess but maybe Charlotte (Phil/MJ connection) or even Phoenix since they own the pacers pick
 3 years ago '07        #10798
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
Would be nice to get pau and get rid of tyson and bargs smh I really dont even know why they signed him

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '06        #10799
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
 Funeral James said:
Would be nice to get pau and get rid of tyson and bargs smh I really dont even know why they signed him

lets hope Phil can get rid of them for some picks
 3 years ago '04        #10800
space
space
Berman

Knicks coach Mike Woodson and Phil Jackson were ironing out a time to meet early next week to discuss his future, according to an NBA source familiar with the situation.

Woodson was not invited to be part of the exit meetings with the Knicks’ 14 players that occurred Thursday and Friday, with Jackson and general manager Steve Mills running them. It was a strong indicator Woodson wouldn’t be asked back.

Woodson has not been told he’s not coming back, the source said. However, The Post has reported Steve Kerr already expects to be Woodson’s successor.

Jackson has kept his distance from Woodson since taking over in March and didn’t travel with the team or attend practices. But Jackson likely would want to pick Woodson’s brain regarding the roster and what went wrong. ESPN New York reported Woodson, if he has no chance to save his job, preferred to have his agent talk with Jackson. But Woodson has been convinced otherwise, the NBA source said.

“He didn’t want to be interfering,’’ one person close to Jackson said on why Jackson stayed away. “It was too late to change anything. What was he going to do, say ‘Here’s the triangle’ for the last five games?”

Woodson has one year and $3.4M left on his pact after Mills exercised his option in training camp to ease the bitterness of GM Glen Grunwald’s firing and ensure he wasn’t viewed a lame duck.

Woodson is expected to be let go next week but the sitdown will be Woodson’s chance to state his case after the Knicks finished the season on a 16-5 run to finish 37-45 – a 17-game fall over last season.

His Knicks record in 2 ½ seasons is 109-79.

”I think it’s been enough said about my job all year with you guys,” Woodson said Wednesday before the season finale. “Hopefully, soon I’ll know my destination in terms of where I’m going to be.”

Lakers big man Pau Gasol will be a free agent this summer and said he wouldn’t mind a reunion with his former coach, Jackson. However, it seems impossible unless Gasol is willing to take the Knicks’ $3.1 million mini-midlevel exception. The Knicks, under new collective bargaining agreement policy, are in a luxury-tax bracket that doesn’t allow them to obtain a free agent through a sign-and-trade.

“I’m happy for [Jackson] and the position that he got,” Gasol said. “I’m always going to be a big fan and a friend. I would listen.”

Gasol said he’s unsure if he wants to re-sign with the Lakers, admitting Mike D’Antoni’s offense didn’t fit him
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
152 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
355 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
71 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
50 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
177 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy