New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
94 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10761
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,712 | Props total: 2231 2231
Ian Begley

Not that you needed any hints, but earlier this week Phil Jackson made it clear that the Knicks plan to be major players in free agency when he said the organization is "in a talent hunt."

Naturally, one of the players the Knicks will try to pursue is Kevin Love.

Love will be a free agent in the 2015 offseason.

Zach Lowe reported recently that the Wolves -- at this point -- have no plans to trade Love before he hits free agency. The Timberwolves' stance could change, though, if they get the inclination that Love is ready to sign elsewhere.

Marc Stein also reported that the Los Angeles Lakers, which have long been rumored as a prime destination for Love, would be willing to deal their 2014 first-round pick to obtain Love. The Lakers also could save cap space for the following offseason and make a run at Love in the summer of 2015.

The 25-year-old Love has ties to Los Angeles. He went to UCLA for one season before entering the NBA Draft. His father, Stan, also played for the Lakers.

But, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com' Dave McMenamin, Los Angeles isn't the only big market that has a chance to land Love.

A source familiar with Love's thinking told McMenamin that Love is "enamored with the idea of being 'big time in a big city,' and that list of potential places he’d seek includes New York and Chicago, as well."

So how would Love fit into the Knicks' plans?

If they sign Carmelo Anthony to a max deal ($24,142,7891), the Knicks are expected to have five players under contract at a total salary of $39,492,533 entering the 2015 offseason.

So, in theory, they will have enough room to sign Love in the summer of 2015 if he makes it to free agency.

When thinking about Love-to-the-Knicks in 2015, it’s worthwhile to consider the following issues:

1. Would the Knicks be better suited going after a point guard? Or is a top-flight PG less necessary in Jackson’s triangle offense?

2. a.ssuming Anthony re-signs with the Knicks, would he and Love being able to play off of one another? Both players have a comfort zone on the left side of the floor? Is this another issue that can be worked out via the triangle offense?

These are issues that the Knicks won’t have to face for a while. Plenty can change between now and the summer of 2015. In the meantime, they can take comfort in the idea that Love is looking to play in a big market.
 3 years ago '04        #10762
space
space
tied for the 8th seed BUT Hawks still own the tiebreaker

but who cares, WE IN HERE
 3 years ago '08        #10763
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,903 | Props total: 5653 5653
Hope indy ends up in that 1st spot
 3 years ago '04        #10764
space
space
Based Hahn

#Knicks have won 12 of their last 15 games. They’re 12-4 since Woodson moved Amare Stoudemire and JR Smith into the starting lineup.
 3 years ago '04        #10765
space
space
Jonah Ballow

We all know Carmelo Anthony is a supremely gifted scorer and arguably the most prolific isolation player in the league. After a season primarily suiting up at the power forward spot, Anthony knew he needed to add another dimension to his game amongst the big boys in the painted area.

One aspect to the box score Anthony rarely receives credit is for his work on the glass. This season, the 29-year old is averaging almost two more rebounds than his career average and a career-best 8.2 boards per game.

“After last year, I knew we played small. So, in order for us to get out in transition and get easy baskets, I had to rebound the basketball, so that was an emphasis of mine coming into the season,” Anthony revealed.

Anthony is the top rebounder when examining the small forwards in the NBA and second to P.J. Tucker in the offensive rebounds per game category. As a power forward, Anthony is tied with Paul Millsap for 12th in the league. On a team that has dealt with major injuries to frontcourt players, the significant rebounding production from Anthony is a necessary component, especially for a New York squad that ranks 27th in rebounds per game.

“It’s been great. It’s something that he has wanted to do ever since last year. He said he was going to come in and be a more aggressive rebounder. You know, he can score with the best of them, if not the best, he’s just adding a couple more things to his game that he always has but just adding a little more effort to his rebounding,” Raymond Felton acknowledged.

SportsVU data tells us that Anthony grabs 71.9 percent of rebounds per chance. This impressive number is slightly above the league leader in rebounds, DeAndre Jordan.

“It really helps because he generates extra shots; he’s a big body and a force down there, which opens it up for a guy like myself,” Tyson Chandler stated.

In a relatively injury free season, Anthony has played 73 games while enduring the physical rigors of playing on the frontline. He’s the second-best scorer in the league this season next to Kevin Durant, hits at a 41percent clip from the 3-point line, and snatches over eight rebounds per game, three metrics rarely accomplished by elite NBA players.

“It helps us tremendously, especially when he can play the 3 or the 4,” Iman Shumpert explained. “He’s rebounding from either position; it’s a big help for us.”

A clear indication of Anthony’s focus on the rebounding aspect of the game is the dramatic increase in double-doubles this season. Through 73 games, the 7-time All-Star has registered 22 double-doubles, a staggering jump from the 10 he posted during the 2012-13 campaign.

As much attention as Anthony receives for his spectacular offensive skill set, he should earn some praise for his work on the glass.
 3 years ago '04        #10766
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- Tyson Chandler raised some eyebrows earlier in the week when he said that the Knicks could cause “trouble” in the playoffs ... if they get in.

"I always thought that we'd have a chance to really make it to the playoffs. And I still believe that if we get in there somebody is going to be in trouble," Chandler told reporters in Utah on Monday night.

After Wednesday’s win over Brooklyn, Chandler and the Knicks may have a few more believers.

“Without a doubt,” J.R. Smith said when asked if others in the locker room agree with Chandler. “The way we’re playing, especially on the defensive end -- making plays, moving the ball, making shots -- we definitely feel that way.”

For those who have been paying attention for most of the season, the idea that the Knicks can make noise in the postseason seems like a longshot.

Afterall, we’re talking about a team that started the season 3-13 and was 6 & #189; games out of eighth place as recently as March 3.

But the Knicks have reeled off 12 wins in the past 15 games, surging into sole possession of eighth place in the East. That run has coincided with Mike Woodson inserting J.R. Smith and Amar'e Stoudemire into the starting lineup.

Over that 15-game span, the Knicks have averaged 112.8 points per 100 possessions. That’s seven points higher than their season mark. Extrapolated over a full season, it would give the Knicks the top offense in the NBA.

On defense, New York is allowing 106.2 points per game. That’s right around its rate for the season and would rank in the bottom third league-wide. But the Knicks’ differential of +6.7 is nearly eight points higher than their season average.

In other words, they’re playing extremely well over the past 15 games.

Given what you’ve seen from the Knicks over that span, do you agree with Chandler? Can the Knicks be “trouble” for their first-round opponent, whether it’s Miami or Indiana?

Up Now: The Knicks beat the Nets by 29 points to take over sole possession of eighth place in the Eastern Conference.

Carmelo Anthony says the Knicks can control their own destiny if they continue to play the way they've been playing over the past three weeks.

Raymond Felton vows to play on Friday despite a contused rib and back bruise.

What's next: The Knicks will play the Wizards on Friday.

Question: Given what you’ve seen from the Knicks over the last 15 games, do you think they can be “trouble” for their first-round opponent, whether it’s Miami or Indiana?
 3 years ago '04        #10767
space
space
and i agree with Berman, if Timmy doesn't have a spot on the 1st NBA All Rookie Team
 3 years ago '04        #10768
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Knicks president Phil Jackson said Thursday that Carmelo Anthony has been bearing a lot of pressure on his shoulders -- and it doesn't have to do with the star player's future.

Jackson said he has had discussions with Anthony over the past two weeks and noticed Anthony feeling the bulk of the burden of the team's topsy-turvy season.

"We've had a couple occasions to talk," Jackson said at the team's practice facility. "We haven't really delved into the future as much as what's gone on, getting to know each other type of thing. Trying to see how he's feeling about playing.

"He's had to carry a big load. It's been a tough year for him. But it's been a tough year for everyone. It's not just isolated with him. But I think he feels the weight of it a lot more on himself."

Jackson has been a.ssessing the Knicks (33-43) and he's seen them go on a tear of late, winning 12 of their past 15 games and climbing into the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot by percentage points ahead of the Atlanta Hawks (32-42).

Center Tyson Chandler has repeatedly said that if the Knicks make the playoffs, teams won't want to face them in the first round. Jackson agreed.

"Well, with J.R. [Smith] playing at the level he's playing at now, yes," Jackson said. "When Carmelo had to carry the load in scoring, a lot of times on his own back, and other people weren't stepping into helping him carry that load, which Amar'e [Stoudemire] and J.R. have done, it could be a struggle. But now they have more than one option out there on the floor, and I think that we'll give teams trouble."

Jackson said he plans to be at every playoff game if the Knicks qualify.

As far as Anthony is concerned, Jackson already has made it clear he wants the prolific scorer back. Anthony plans to opt out of his contract and become a free agent after the season. Dealing with the All-Star's future will be Jackson's first major decision as team president. Anthony has expressed his excitement of having Jackson rebuild and lead the franchise.

Jackson is slowly immersing himself in his role. He has spent his first couple of weeks on the job talking daily with general manager Steve Mills and having occasional conversations with players. Jackson said he also recently met with the scouts in the organization to discuss future prospects and what they've seen from the NCAA and NIT tournaments.

"Well, yes, it's on the docket," Jackson said when asked how much he has been involved with the Knicks on a daily basis. "Having to check in and see what the team's doing and see what's the health situation with the players.

"I think you're always a.ssessing the team and the players and how they fit together and what's the mood," Jackson later added. "Who's not playing up to the level you want to see them play at, and who can produce more if they get an opportunity. So those are ongoing things. But we have an a.ssessment at the end of the year that kind of synthesizes all that and then we can go forward from there."

Team owner James Dolan said after hiring Jackson that fans should not be surprised if Jackson is able to make some moves for next season despite the Knicks' lack of salary-cap flexibility. The team is expected to have cap space to make significant moves after next season.

Jackson also said that the franchise's strong ties to Creative Artists Agency -- which represents Anthony and several other Knicks players and executives -- will not restrict him from making moves to improve the roster.

Pointing out a play made by Anthony during a recent game against Sacramento, when he drew the defense in and found Stoudemire for a dunk, Jackson intimated that Anthony has a chance to emerge as a leader.

"Carmelo's really stepped into another level of trying to help players," Jackson said. "I think that's one of the things that we see that Carmelo can do and that he's grown as he's gone along. Those are issues that are not only on the basketball court. They're off the basketball court, they're in practices, they're in the training room, in the locker room, where players learn to lead and push the team forward with their energy.

"And I've been fortunate to have coached two of the great ones who have been able to do that in Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant," Jackson added. "But there have been other players, too. There's not just those players that do that. There are other players that have to be leaders on your team, and that's what we have to a.ssess as we go forward."
 3 years ago '08        #10769
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
Now all of a sudden the hawks wanna make the playoffs
 3 years ago '04        #10770
space
space
Berman

Knicks team president Phil Jackson referred to himself as “a magician’’ in his latest leadership book, “Eleven Rings,’’ for magically blending big egos into one unified team. But he’s not ready to sprinkle pixie dust on the rudderless 2013-14 squad f!ghting for its playoff life.

Jackson was at the Knicks’ Tarrytown facility Wednesday, but when the club resumed practice after a two-day hiatus, the Zen Master declined to watch. It likely is the last practice Woodson will conduct this season.

The Knicks cancelled Thursday’s practice in advance of Friday’s showdown in Toronto, and they might not practice again in the season’s final week because of a lack of healthy bodies.

Meanwhile, the greatest basketball mind/leader/coach of all time has yet to give Woodson any advice or input on what he has seen. Woodson said Jackson’s strategy appears to be to stay out of his way.

It also looks as if Jackson isn’t looking to create a bond with a coach he’s ready to fire after season’s end and bring in a coach who can institute his triangle offense such as Steve Kerr, Jim Cleamons, Brian Shaw or Kurt Rambis.

“I’m sure Phil is just — I gather he’s kind of staying out of the way and letting me do my thing in terms of trying to get this team in the playoffs,’’ Woodson said. “That’s OK. I’m sure when the time comes we’ll have a chance to sit down and talk and see where we are. But first things first. We’re in the playoff race trying to get this eighth spot. That’s where everybody’s focus should be.’’

Evidently, Jackson is trying to distance himself from this season’s 33-45 club — whose playoff chances hang by a thread.

The Hawks’ 105-97 win over the Celtics Wednesday night cut the Knicks’ tragic number to two. There’s a chance the Knicks can be eliminated Friday with a loss in Toronto and an Atlanta victory in Brooklyn. Nets coach Jason Kidd has already said he will rest some of his regulars against the Hawks. It looks like the Knicks will need to go 4-0 the rest of the way and hope Atlanta goes 1-3.

Woodson said Jackson is more intent with meeting with their scouts, though the Knicks don’t have a first- or second-round pick in June’s highly touted draft. Knicks general manager Steve Mills did watch practice.

As a coach, Jackson never was enamored by meddling general managers. Jackson feuded with former Bulls GM Jerry Krause and Lakers GM Jerry West — once cursing at West for entering the locker room while he was talking to the players after a game.

“He’s here conducting business, meeting with scouts and Steve, doing things he’s supposed to be doing,’’ Woodson said. “And he’s letting me coach. That’s all you can ask at this point. At the end of the day, we’re trying to get this team in the playoffs. And I’m sure when that time comes for Phil and I to talk, we’ll talk.’’

Woodson’s buddy, the apparently still-bitter Larry Brown, went off on his former team during a radio interview this week.

Brown said Mills has “no clue,’’ and Woodson was put in an unfair situation with Jackson being hired to clean house. Brown did not leave the Knicks on good terms, fired after one season and having a legal dispute over his contract.

“Larry’s his own guy,’’ Woodson said. “I have a great deal of respect for Larry. But Mike Woodson is his own guy as well. For me, it’s been a rollercoaster year for all of us. I’ve never shied away from taking responsibility of this team.’’

Later, during his weekly appearance on ESPN Radio, Woodson took responsibility for the Knicks’ disappointing season.

“I could’ve been better as a coach,” he said. “You can point the finger there as well. As a coach I take pride in what I do. I’ll never pass the buck on anybody. This season’s been tough for a lot of people. I take full responsibility.’’

Atlanta has put the Knicks on the brink.

“It’s hard,’’ Woodson said. “When it’s 20 games, you’re locked in on your own team and worry about what you’re doing. Now we got to keep a close eye on what Atlanta’s doing. Everything is triggered off what we do, but sure we’re watching.’’

“I think it’s going to be tough,’’ Amar’e Stoudemire said. “We put ourselves in this predicament.’’
 3 years ago '06        #10771
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
the knicks have been officially eliminated

3 years ago '07        #10772
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,893 | Props total: 181 181
Welp... it was fun folks... let's hope we can do something in the off-season
 3 years ago '04        #10773
space
space
Berman

The Knicks were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs Saturday, rendering their old, 2010-inspired plan an official failure, clearing the slate for a brand new blueprint to unfold.
That is, the plan new president Phil Jackson will present to Carmelo Anthony — perhaps during exit interviews later this week — in hopes of ensuring he re-signs.
When Steve Mills was hired as general manager by owner James Dolan four days before training camp, he came in to implement the next plan of attack, to take advantage of cap flexibility for 2015 and possibly 2016 that would entice Anthony to stay put.
Mills and Dolan sold Jackson on the plan during their four-month courtship. But as a person close to the situation says, Jackson is in charge now and has the right to take a detour anytime he wishes.
Jackson appears committed, however, to the notion of grinding through next season, allowing the Knicks’ multitude of expiring contracts to come off the books and going full bore at the heady free-agent class of 2015 that could feature Anthony’s buddy, LeBron James, whom they lost out on in 2010. James has yet to decide whether to opt out this summer.
The contracts of Amare Stoudemire ($23 million), Tyson Chandler ($14 million) and Andrea Bargnani ($11.5 million) all come off the books after next season.
The Knicks stand to possess a load of 2015 cap space — even more if Anthony acts on his own suggestion of taking a “paycut’’ to give the franchise more flexibility.
“There’s a lot of unknowns,’’ one NBA personnel director said regarding the new plan.
What’s known is the 2015 free-agent class is deep and rich — including Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Goran Dragic, Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Roy Hibbert, Paul Millsap, DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol. Even Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could be free agents in 2015 if they also don’t opt out this summer. If the Knicks don’t hit a home run in 2015, Kevin Durant is free in 2016.
“There’s no doubt that projecting ahead, this year’s free agent crew, we’re not particularly in the running,’’ Jackson said recently. “Not a great crop coming this particular year. But [2015] does have a group of guys together. Steve and I are going to work to manage the roster, our financials, so we can have an impact in that area.’’
Dolan believes Jackson’s 11 coaching rings will be a magnet to lure superstars to New York and convince Anthony to stick and watch the Zen Master try to build his 14th championship team — including two as a Knicks forward.
“I do think Phil’s recruiting ability factors in, but keep in mind when Pat Riley was recruiting LeBron, he already had Wade and Bosh committed,’’ an Eastern Conference GM said. “I’m not so sure Riley gets LeBron without that.’’
Some in the league think Jackson should do what so many other presidents did in 2013-14 — tank. The Knicks could fall into the lottery in 2014-15 when they actually have a first-round pick — a strategy that makes more sense if Duke’s Jabari Parker stays in school.
“They may want to wait a year and bite the bullet,’’ one Western Conference GM said.
It may not be in Jackson’s nature to do so. And Anthony may not want to hear such talk after missing the postseason for the first time.
Jackson, indicating he still wants to win next season, said, “We’re not losing sight of the fact that we’re in a game-to-game basis in this business. And we want to provide a team that’s talented, a team people want to come to watch, and a team that’s truly competitive.’’
However, Jackson’s pitch to Anthony for next season isn’t clear-cut, other than hiring a new coach such as Steve Kerr — who possibly would install Jackson’s Triangle offense — or a more selfless system than Mike Woodson’s predictable scheme. Since Anthony hasn’t come close to a championship in 11 seasons, the thinking is he will buy into anything Jackson says when it comes to systems.
The Knicks will have one big trade chip in Chandler, who isn’t the type of space-eating, post-up, Triangle-type center Jackson likes. Jackson also could try to see if he can revive trade talks with the Clippers and upgrade the point-guard position with Darren Collison, but the Zen Master is said to like Iman Shumpert.
The Knicks have a trove of expiring contracts to deal this summer, but they aren’t as valuable under the new collective bargaining agreement. For one, the new CBA calls for shorter-term contracts across the board. However, at next year’s trading deadline, teams in fear of losing a prominent free agent could be game.
The Knicks don’t have a first- or second-round pick in June’s draft. However, they are willing to buy a second-round selection and also believe the draft is so stocked, a rotation player could fall out of the draft.
Jackson, meanwhile, said he believes there are diamonds in the rough presently sitting on benches with other NBA clubs, and hasn’t excluded Lamar Odom from making his comeback next season as a Knick.
“We’re going to have to go out and work the bushes for players this next year,’’ Jackson said. “We’re going to have to work the coming years as we go forward when we do get draft picks and we have a chance to build this team. We want to also ferret out players who really want to play the type of ball that we want them to play at Madison Square Garden.’’
Indeed, Jackson’s pitch to Anthony can’t all be about new personnel, but a new culture and a basketball philosophy that has a track record.
However, TNT’s Kenny Smith isn’t buying the Riley comparison, wondering about Jackson’s commitment.
“A lot of people are comparing him coming to the Knicks with Pat Riley coming to the Heat,’’ Smith said recently. “But the difference with Pat Riley is he’s there every day, at every practice, at every game. That’s what attracts free agents to Miami, that he knows he’s going to be there if there’s an issue.’’
Former Heat coach Stan Van Gundy scoffed at the notion Jackson will be a master recruiter.
“I definitely don’t think a player makes a decision based on a front-office guy he’s going to have limited contact with,” Van Gundy told the Miami Herald.
If the solid organizations such as the Bulls and Rockets pull off a coup and generate major cap space, it’s not out of the realm Jackson’s plan will fall on deaf ears.
“Will Carmelo be persuaded on what Phil is saying they’re ‘going’ to do?’’ one personnel director said. “That’s a leap of faith.”
A $60 million leap of faith.

Staying or going?
Here’s a look at how the Knicks’ current roster may shake out:

Carmelo Anthony: Was leaning toward leaving before Phil Jackson came aboard.
J.R. Smith: Jackson must determine if his talent is worth more than his baggage.
Iman Shumpert: Found new life as Sixth Man and defensive-minded attitude scores points.
Raymond Felton: Big push to move him and upgrade PG position.
Andrea Bargnani: Could be a buyout candidate, damaged goods in any deal.
Tyson Chandler: No. 1 trade pawn of summer, even amiable center may want out.
Tim Hardaway Jr: Will be first-team All-Rookie, only would go in major deal for star.
Kenyon Martin: It’s time to retire and join Jason Kidd’s Nets’ staff.
Pablo Prigioni: Has long-term deal and is selfless player Jackson likes.
Amar’e Stoudemire: Why not ride him and see if big finish can be sustained?
Cole Aldrich: Team player who always should find a roster spot but is free agent.
Jeremy Tyler: Team option on contract and could be thrown into a trade.
Tour’e Murry: Why not try to develop some youth?
Shannon Brown: Knows Jackson and Triangle and is good in locker room.
 3 years ago '04        #10774
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony is out of the playoffs for the first time in his career and the Nuggets get the Knicks’ lottery pick from the Melo trade. Yes, this was a 2013-14 disaster for the Knicks and an unthinkable conclusion when training camp opened.
Anthony had hoped the club could somehow sneak into the playoffs but his playoff dream ended, and now the talk turns to his future when July 1 — the first day of free agency — rolls around.
The idle Knicks were mathematically eliminated from the playoff race when the Hawks upset the visiting Heat, 98-85, Saturday night to nail down the eighth seed. The Knicks will go into their 42nd year without a title.
The Knicks (34-45) will take the court against the Bulls Sunday night at the Garden with nothing to play for but pride.
Anthony has said he would suit up regardless despite his strained right shoulder, but conceivably this could be the last game he plays this season. It also could be his last game as a Knick.
After Sunday, the Knicks face the Nets on Tuesday and Raptors on Wednesday. Anthony is likely to rest, making sure his shoulder injury is not serious with more tests.
Though there has been plenty of talk that Anthony would bolt the Knicks, the smart money is that he will stay put because of the addition of Phil Jackson as president and the fact he can get paid the most money if he stay in New York.
Nevertheless, Chicago, Houston or the Clippers also will attempt to romance him.
Anthony called Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau “a great coach’’ in a.ssessing how Chicago has reeled off seven straight games despite their roster upheaval and look close to locking up the third seed.
“[The Bulls] have a great coach and system,’’ Anthony said Friday night after the Knicks temporarily escaped elimination by beating the Raptors. “It’s like Gregg Popovich’s system. You can put anyone in the system and it’s going to work. Guys been in and out of the lineup and they still get it done. ’’
Despite losing Derrick Rose again for the season and peddling Luol Deng in a salary dump, Thibodeau’s team carried on and Thibodeau again is in consideration for his second Coach of the Year Award. The former Knicks a.ssistant would be a perfect hire for Jackson if he wasn’t still bound to the Bulls.
It’s all but certain Mike Woodson is coaching his last three games. He said this week he could have coached better this season and certainly the raft of games the club lost in the final minute and regression of Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith are black marks.
But it shouldn’t be forgotten Woodson got the Knicks to overachieve last season at 54-28, but he couldn’t do it again with this injury-riddled roster.
The good news for Knicks fans is Shumpert found a new life as sixth man and Smith rallied as the starting shooting guard, but it was too little too late. The best story of the season was Amar’e Stoudemire’s late emergence, back as the starting power forward once March rolled around. But the front office babied him in training camp and the first two months, wanting him health for the playoffs. But there will be no playoffs.
The Knicks trail the Hawks by 2 ½ games but would lose the tiebreaker. Their playoff picture could have been totally different had they hung onto a 17-point third-quarter lead in Atlanta days after the All-Star break. If they hadn’t choked in a miserable fourth quarter, they would have won the tiebreaker.
Knicks owner James Dolan already has stated he won’t raise ticket prices next season, sticking to his tradition of a price freeze if they don’t make the playoffs. The Knicks had made the postseason three straight years.
Dolan said he thought the Knicks were a title contender this season and once he realized how wrong he was, he forked over $60 million to Jackson to try to bail out the franchise.
 3 years ago '08        #10775
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
Out of those 3 teams chicago would be the best fit for dude if he does leave
 3 years ago '05        #10776
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 212 212
 3 years ago '07        #10777
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,384 | Props total: 277 277
Good read.

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10778
space
space
Marc Stein

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are progressing toward a deal to sign veteran free agent Lamar Odom before the NBA regular season ends Wednesday, according to sources briefed on the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Knicks are on course, barring an unforeseen snag, to formally sign Odom this week in a move that would put him on their roster immediately and, more importantly, include an unguaranteed second year for next season.

Structuring the deal this way, after a tumultuous 12 months for one of Jackson's favorite players when they worked together with the Los Angeles Lakers, would give the Knicks two months before free agency begins July 1 to get the 34-year-old into their program and start working with him.

The Knicks, sources say, would want to use the extra time to see if they can get Odom to the point, physically and mentally, where the talented but enigmatic lefty is worthy of a roster spot next season.

Still recovering from a back injury that curtailed his recent stint in the Spanish League after just two games, Odom is not believed to be healthy enough to play in the Knicks' season finale Wednesday night in Toronto even if he signs Wednesday.

Sources say this is viewed as a long-range play for the Knicks, who are banking on the notion that Jackson -- in his new role as New York's team president -- can provide the guidance to get Odom's career back on track.

Since joining the Knicks in March, Jackson has acknowledged that he'll have to be creative in trying to upgrade the team's talent, given its lack of salary-cap flexibility before the summer of 2015. This would be a low-cost, low-risk gamble that New York presumably wouldn't be looking at if not for Jackson's arrival.
 3 years ago '04        #10779
space
space
Berman

It looks like Carmelo Anthony is out for the season.

Mike Woodson said Anthony likely has played his last game of the season, which is perhaps his last game as a Knick.

Anthony was getting his strained right shoulder re-evaluated with an MRI exam Tuesday morning and did not go to Brooklyn for the Knicks’ shootaround at Barclays Center.
Woodson said Anthony is expected to miss the Nets game Tuesday night, and the Knicks’ lame-duck coach said there’s no reason to play Anthony when this disappointing season ends Wednesday against Toronto at the Garden without a playoff berth or lottery pick.
“I would probably shut him down, even if he could play,’’ Woodson said. “I’m going to tell him I’m not going to play him. That’s what I’m going to do.’’

Anthony has said he will opt out of his contract after the season to become a free agent. The Knicks’ hiring of president Phil Jackson has greatly enhanced their chances of keeping him. Anthony called the Jackson hire “a big move for me’’ Sunday night.
Anthony would finish the season with a 27.4 scoring average on 45.2 percent shooting in 77 games, averaging 38.7 minutes. He shot a healthy 40 percent from 3-point land and hauled in a career-high 8.2 rebounds.

He has been bothered by a shoulder since the last Nets game, when he got entangled with Joe Johnson.

The Lakers have the salary cap space to pursue Anthony, but that seems unlikely. The Bulls, Rockets and Clippers will have interest, but need to pull off a sign-and-trade unless they make deals to get under the cap.
 3 years ago '04        #10780
space
space
Berman

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said he hasn’t been kept abrea$t of the Lamar Odom negotiations, but wishes they had signed the forward for this season. Odom is expected to sign with the Knicks before the season finale on a deal with a second, non-guaranteed year.
Odom would not play this season, but would begin to work out under the auspices of the team during the offseason.

If things don’t work out with the troubled big man/reality TV star, who allegedly dealt with drug issues while sitting out this NBA season, Phil Jackson can use the non-guaranteed pact as a cap filler in a trade this summer. The Knicks have one open roster spot.

“His name came up, but nothing ever materialized,’’ Woodson said of Odom. “But his name did come up.

“I like him,’’ Woodson added. “I like Lamar. I don’t know much about it, but from what I hear from [the media]. I think he’s a talent. He could’ve been good for us earlier. He does a lot of things on the floor that help you win basketball games, that’s for sure.’’
The Knicks have carried 14 men since opting not to re-sign Earl Clark after his two 10-day contracts expired. Though the Knicks were in a playoff race and were battered, Jackson decided against using the roster spot to help Woodson.

The Knicks would have been unable to use a released player on the playoff roster, but could’ve signed a D-League big man.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
279 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 7 - Japanese Youth Have Found a Way To Marry a Person Without Dating
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - ‘Scumbag’: Internet attacks Santorum for telling Dreamer to lea..
124 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
289 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Article inside iPhones are catching fire, Apple responds
20 comments
1 day ago