Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10701
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
only analyst NYK need is the GOD, Van GODdy
 3 years ago '06        #10702
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
damn i fell asleep i missed the game

cliff notes?
 3 years ago '04        #10703
space
space
 Parkchester said:
damn i fell asleep i missed the game

cliff notes?
Four players with over 22 pts, stat n baby Hardaway carried us to victory.... Oh and fu*k Philly
 3 years ago '04        #10704
space
space
bi*chBOY w/ SARS

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are expected to finalize a deal that will give the legendary coach control of the club's front office by the end of the week, according to a league source.

"Everything is pretty much done," the source said. "There are just some little things here and there that need to be worked out, but the Knicks are very confident that this is essentially done."

An official announcement may not come until next week, the source said.

There has been speculation that Jackson is using the Knicks to get a top-flight job with another franchise, particularly the Los Angeles Lakers, but the source said the Knicks have no fear of Jackson leaving them at the altar for another team.

Jackson will take over the Knicks' basketball operations department from president and general manager Steve Mills. Mills, however, will remain an integral part of the organization, according to the source.

While Jackson will certainly spend plenty of time in New York, it is not clear exactly how much, the source said.
 3 years ago '04        #10705
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

Few know Carmelo Anthony as well as George Karl does.

And Melo’s former coach wonders if Phil Jackson would keep Anthony if the Zen Master takes over the Knicks’ front office. ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd asked Karl if the Knicks keep Anthony while discussing Jackson potentially taking over the Knicks.

“To me, when you ask me that question, I don’t think Melo is a Phil Jackson type of player,” Karl said on “The Herd.” “That would be my answer to that.”

Karl, who coached Anthony from 2005-11, says Anthony is just one of many major decisions Jackson would have to make if he joins the Knicks. Cowherd asked Karl if Anthony and Kobe Bryant have similar traits as prolific scorers.

“Yeah, but Kobe has an ability to lift a team on his shoulders on a yearly basis, [on] the playoff basis,” Karl said. “Melo has done it over three months or four months. He will be the best player in basketball for six weeks. Kobe has been the best player in basketball for all year and been the best player in basketball in a playoff series, in a championship, winning a championship ring.

“There’s a little difference there,” Karl continued. “There is a different stage of regular season and playoffs. [But] Kobe at times has selfish basketball play and has a tough ego and attitude to handle.”

If Jackson joins the Knicks, Karl says the former Lakers and Bulls coach should be committed to being in New York a lot initially.

“I think he’s got to be there for it to be successful,” Karl said. “At least the first year he has to be there 75-80 percent of the time. You are the face. You are winning the press conference because of Phil Jackson, you are exciting your fans because of Phil Jackson.

“And if he’s not there, the people will know that,” Karl added. “The people will feel that he is not in the building enough, the players will feel that he is not in the locker room… the thing I like about the decision if they hire him would be I think he understands team. He understands a unity of an organization is important to be successful. He understands that there is a chemistry and character to a championship team as much as there is a lot of talent to a championship basketball team.”

But Jackson will also have some major decisions to make such as whether to re-sign Anthony and build around him.

“The thing I don’t like about the situation for him is they got some big-time decisions,” Karl said. “[Hiring a] coach, Carmelo, salary cap, how you’re going to change the team, what’s the philosophy going to be.

“And New York doesn’t want a three or four-year plan. They want maybe a one-and-a-half-year plan.”
 3 years ago '08        #10706
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,891 | Props total: 5638 5638
George karl stay on melos nuts let it go my dude
 3 years ago '04        #10707
space
space
 dj ac said:
George karl stay on melos nuts let it go my dude
like for real
 3 years ago '04        #10708
space
space
Isola

James Dolan and Bill Bradley could not be any different in terms of education, background and career paths. But the billionaire Knicks owner and the Hall of Fame player known as “Dollar Bill” do share a common goal: bringing Phil Jackson to New York.

The Daily News has learned that Dolan has solicited the help of Bradley, Jackson’s former Knicks teammate and longtime friend, to serve as an intermediary in the club’s negotiations with the Hall of Fame coach, who is contemplating a lucrative deal to run the Knicks.

According to a person close to Jackson, Dolan and Bradley have been working together to finalize an agreement that would make Jackson the highest-paid basketball executive in NBA history.

The source claims that reports of Jackson being offered an annual salary of $12 million are erroneous and that Jackson could be looking at a deal that pays him in excess of $15 million. The person close to Jackson also indicated that the two sides have had preliminary discussions about Jackson possibly owning a minority stake in the team.

The pairing of Princeton-educated Bradley, who was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, and Dolan may seem unlikely, but their paths have crossed before. Bradley, a former U.S. Senator and Presidential candidate, has been managing director of Allen & Company, an investment bank, since 2001. Each summer, the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference features business leaders, political figures and media tycoons, including Warren Buffett, Tony Blair and Mark Zuckerberg.

One year, LeBron James attended the conference, as did Dolan and Bradley. Coincidentally, Bradley once served as the chief outside adviser to McKinsey & Company, a management consulting firm that Dolan hired to help with the Knicks and Rangers.

Neither Dolan nor Jackson has commented publicly since the Daily News first reported last Friday that the Knicks had offered the former Bulls and Lakers coach a front office position. There are also conflicting reports over whether Jackson, who has won an NBA record 11 championships as a coach, was offered the Knicks’ head coaching job, as ESPN first reported. The source claims that Dolan and team president Steve Mills met with Jackson to specifically to gauge his interest in running the team.

Jackson has made it known for more than a year that he is not interested in coaching. He was set to become a top executive in Seattle had the Sacramento Kings relocated there. Instead, he mostly recently served as a consultant with the Detroit Pistons.

Over the past month, Jackson has told close friends that his ideal job would be similar to one Jerry West holds with the Golden State Warriors. West serves as a consultant and takes approximately two trips each month from his home in the Los Angeles area to Oakland.

Jackson is said to have little interest in moving to New York full-time and running the day-to-day operations of the club. Jackson spends most of the year in Playa Del Rey in Southern California and on his ranch in Montana. It is unclear if Dolan will insist that Jackson live in the New York area during the season and whether Jackson would be amenable to such an agreement.

“To be an executive it’s 24-7, 12 months a year,” said ESPN’s Doug Collins, a former player and coach who more than 14 years ago nearly joined the Knicks front office, “you’ve got to live where you are going to work. You’ve got to mentor coaches. You’ve got to mentor players.”

Jackson’s plan could include him hiring a general manager to run the day-to-day business while Jackson serves as the final decision maker — along with Dolan, of course. Mills would maintain a role with the club if Jackson joins the Knicks, the source indicated.

Jackson would likely want to bring in his own coach to replace Mike Woodson and run the system Jackson used with the Bulls and Lakers. TNT broadcaster Steve Kerr has been mentioned as a possible candidate. Kerr has never been a head coach before but he has remained close to Jackson over the years, and his resume — he played under Jackson and the Spurs’ Gregg Popovich — makes him an attractive candidate.

Former Knicks broadcaster Marv Albert, who works with Kerr on TNT’s telecasts, questioned whether Jackson and Dolan could peacefully co-exist.

“There will be a honeymoon, but I just don’t see Phil working in that type of environment,” Albert told The News. “And I’m not sure he’d want to live full-time in New York, which is what he would need to do.”

Even though Jackson has no front-office experience, Dolan is willing to pay top dollar to make him the face of the franchise. Dolan believes that Jackson’s presence will help the Knicks recruit top-tier free agents. There have been reports of Jackson being close to an agreement with the Knicks, but there is also a belief that Jackson is trying to get the Lakers to make a play for his services, too. Jackson spent most of his career with the club, and his girlfriend, Jeanie Buss, is a top executive with the Lakers.
 3 years ago '04        #10709
space
space
once again Chanlder won't play for personal issues and Stat will rest his knees (giggity)

Cole Aldrich will get the start tonight
 3 years ago '04        #10710
space
space
Peter Botte

BOSTON – Carmelo Anthony said the Knicks told him in recent days that Phil Jackson indeed will be joining their front office, and the pending free agent spoke highly of the Hall of Fame coach before Wednesday’s game against the Celtics.

“I still don’t have a lot of the details, all the details. Have I heard? Yeah, I heard he will be coming on board, not official yet,” Anthony said. “You can always use Phil Jackson inside an organization, his philosophy, his mindset, his resume, what he brings to a team, what he brings to an organization. That goes without even saying, so we’ll see how that plays out.

“You can’t take for granted what he knows about the game of basketball, whether he’s on the sideline or in the front office. I’m sure he will try to his best to do what he has to do to try to build a championship team. He knows how to put guys together, put a team together. We’ll see what happens, but I haven’t talked to him, haven’t talked to anyone about the front office about their plans or anything like that.”

The seven-time All-Star did added that Jackson – who won 11 NBA titles as a coach with Bulls and the Lakers, and two more as a player with the Knicks in the 1970s – is “definitely going to be (joining) the front office, not coaching, so that’s a big difference.”

Anthony also said the Zen Master’s pending return to the organization won’t greatly impact his decision to re-sign with the Knicks as a free agent this summer.

“I don’t think it’ll have any effect on me, just as far as what I’m thinking or my decision or anything like that,” Anthony said. “Like I said, I haven’t talked to Phil yet, just to get his insight on a lot of things, what’s his plan, what’s his future plan, because everything’s in his hands now.”

Meanwhile in Los Angeles, Jeanie Buss, Jackson’s finacee and the Executive VP of Business Operations for the Lakers, told the Daily News, “I don’t comment on another team’s business. It's not appropriate for me to talk about that.”

Buss, wearing a sweatshirt with NEW YORK across the front while walking her diabetic 11-year old Maltese in a stroller outside her house, said “of course, I wouldn’t stop” Jackson if we went to the Knicks. “It’s his decision to make. They have to make ... He’s a popular guy.”

Buss laughed when it was suggested the sweatshirt was a sign of where Jackson was heading.

“It’s my favorite sweatshirt. No, it’s not my business to comment on this.”
 3 years ago '04        #10711
space
space
Berman

BOSTON — Carmelo Anthony confirmed Phil Jackson will be joining the Knicks imminently and said Jackson’s “insight and knowledge’’ will be a benefit to the franchise.

The Post reported in Wednesday’s editions Jackson has an agreement in principle to lead the Knicks’ basketball operations with the title of president — with the last details of the pact being finalized by lawyers.However, Anthony stopped short of saying Jackson’s hiring will keep him in a Knicks uniform. They have never spoken before, and Anthony — who is set to become a free agent after the season — is waiting to hear Jackson’s plan for the franchise.

“I still don’t have all the details,’’ Anthony said at TD North Garden on Wednesday morning as the Knicks prepared to face the Celtics. “I heard he will be coming aboard. It’s not official yet. You can always use Phil Jackson’s insight on whatever. His philosophy. His mindset. His resume, what he brings to a team, organization, that goes without even saying.’’

Melo added: “You can’t take for granted what he knows about basketball, whether he’s on the sideline or in the front office. I’m pretty sure he’ll try his best to do what he has to do to build a championship here, a championship team, put guys together. He knows how to put guys together, a team together.

“It’s different that’s it the front office and not coaching,’’ Anthony continued. “It’s a big difference. We’ll see how it plays out.’’

Asked if they have ever had a conversation, Anthony said, “I’ve never once talked to Phil Jackson since I’ve been in the NBA.’’

Anthony said he wants to know Jackson’s reloading plan. Anthony sounded ambivalent when asked Saturday about Jackson, saying the front office hadn’t debriefed him and he thought the hiring could wait until after the season. Anthony said this morning Knicks brass finally told him two days ago.

“I don’t think it’ll have an effect on me as far what I’m thinking,’’ Anthony said. “I haven’t talked to Phil yet just to get his insight on a lot of things, what’s his plan, what’s his future plan.

“I don’t want to jump the gun as far as being consulted. They have to do what they have to do in the front office and make the moves. They brought it to me a couple of days ago. It wasn’t something [where] it was do or die based on my decision. Them guys were going to make the decision regardless of what I said. I kind of let the guys handle the situation, and I focus on basketball and hope and pray we all do the right thing to try to build a team here.’’

Anthony repeated he didn’t have specifics on how much Jackson will be around the players.

“I don’t know exactly what his role will be,’’ Anthony said. ‘But I’m pretty sure anytime Phil Jackson is involved, he’ll be heavily involved, whether on the bench or in the front office. The knowledge will still be there, sitting on bench, sitting in front office. That’s never going to change.”

Anthony saw a lot of Jackson when he was a member of the Nuggets.

“The only thing I know is playing against him when he was out in L.A.,’’ Anthony said. “You could just see the teams put together and how much confidence he gave them guys out there — what he was able to create.’’

Tyson Chandler (personal reasons) and Amar’e Stoudemire (recovery) will miss Wednesday’s game, and Cole Aldrich will get the start.
 3 years ago '04        #10712
space
space
ESPN

Carmelo Anthony doesn't think Phil Jackson's presence will have an impact on his free agency, according to multiple reports.

"I don't think it'll have any effect on me, just as far as what I'm thinking or my decision or anything like that," Anthony said after the New York Knicks' shootaround in Boston on Wednesday morning. "Like I said, I haven't talked to Phil yet, just to get his insight on a lot of things, what's his plan, what's his future plan, because everything's in his hands now."

Anthony said the Knicks told him earlier this week that Jackson would be joining the team's front office.

Jackson and the Knicks are expected to finalize a deal that will give the legendary coach control of the club's front office by the end of this week, a league source previously told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

"Everything is pretty much done," the source told Broussard. "There are just some little things here and there that need to be worked out, but the Knicks are very confident that this is essentially done."

An official announcement might not come until next week, the source said.

Anthony said on Wednesday that the Knicks will benefit from Jackson's presence. Jackson, 68, is expected to serve as president of basketball operations.

"I still don't have a lot of the details, all the details. Have I heard? Yeah, I heard he will be coming on board, not official yet," Anthony said.

"You can always use Phil Jackson inside an organization, his philosophy, his mindset, his resume, what he brings to a team, what he brings to an organization. That goes without even saying, so we'll see how that plays out.

"You can't take for granted what he knows about the game of basketball, whether he's on the sideline or in the front office."

Jackson won 11 NBA titles as a coach and two as a Knicks forward.

"I'm sure he will try to his best to do what he has to do to try to build a championship team," Anthony said. "He knows how to put guys together, put a team together. We'll see what happens, but I haven't talked to him, haven't talked to anyone about the front office about their plans or anything like that."

Anthony plans to opt out of the final year of his contract and test free agency this summer. He can sign a max contract worth $129 million over five years with the Knicks. With another team, Anthony can ink a deal worth four years and $96 million.

He has said that his top priority is to re-sign with the Knicks, but he wants to hear the front office's plan for building a championship contender around him before making a decision.

He's also said that he's open to signing a contract worth less than maximum money if it helps the team that he signs with -- whether it's the Knicks or another team -- pursue other free agents.
 3 years ago '04        #10713
space
space
it's a new day
 3 years ago '04        #10714
space
space
Andrew Perna

The New York Knicks won their fifth straight game on Wednesday night, defeating the Boston Celtics 116-92 at TD Garden. The streak has put them at 26-40, the closest they’ve been to .500 since a Feb. 22 loss to the Atlanta Hawks. The Knicks moved to within three games of those Hawks for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference with the victory.

A win is a win, but it’s worth noting that the Knicks haven’t faced the toughest competition during their weeklong streak. The Minnesota Timberwolves, who they topped to end a seven-game losing skid on March 5, are the only club among the five that have a winning record.

"Regardless of who we play, we are just taking it one game at a time," Carmelo Anthony said after the win in Boston. "These are the teams we have to play on the schedule, we don’t control that. The only thing we can control is whether we win or not.”

Anthony pointed to the team’s 118-106 win over the Timberwolves as a turning point. The Knicks have an average margin of victory of 16.6 points during the five-game streak.

"[Our] confidence and mindset right now is a lot different than it was before," Anthony said. "When you’re losing games, you trying to search to figure out what’s going on, what’s happening. Nobody really knows the reason, exactly what’s the reason you’re losing games. Now guys are just playing ball. It took that one game in Minnesota to get us back to playing the way we want to."

Anthony has played well over the five-game surge, averaging 28.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.8 a.ssists and two steals per game, but those numbers are down what he was producing during New York’s recent seven-game slid -- 32 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.8 a.ssists on 48.2 percent shooting.

"Throughout the season you have your ups-and-downs," explained Anthony. “We've had more downs than ups this season, but right now it seems like we are playing great basketball. On the defensive end, guys are trustworthy and we are helping each other out. Offensively, everything seems to be in sync."

Anthony spoke with the media just minutes before news broke that the Knicks had agreed to terms with Phil Jackson to run the front office. Anthony maintained that while players can’t avoid the endless rumors and reports that surround them, they let those in charge make the decisions.

"We don’t really look at that as a distraction," he explained. "We hear a lot and we read it, we see it, there’s no way to get away from it. There’s no way to hide from it. We're just focused on playing basketball. We leave that to Mr. Dolan, Steve Mills and those guys to do their job and we do ours. That’s not something for us to worry about."
 3 years ago '07        #10715
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
we out cheaaaaaaa
 3 years ago '04        #10716
space
space
Berman

Mike Woodson wants a chance to state his case to Phil Jackson why he should remain the Knicks coach. He could get his chance as early as Tuesday.

The Knicks are making preliminary arrangements to hold their Phil Jackson introductory press conference Tuesday on the Garden floor, according to an NBA source.

While the Knicks are on a late playoff push, Jackson’s first major order of business will be deciding on a coach. Thursday, Woodson said on his ESPN Radio appearance he hopes Jackson doesn’t look at him as simply a babysitter and gives him full consideration to finish the final year of his contract in 2014-15.

“I would want him to view me as a coach,’’ Woodson said. “If and when that time comes, I would just love the chance to sit with him and talk basketball. He’s a basketball guy, I’m a basketball guy. This is 30 years I’ve spent in this league so that’s what we’ll do, but until that happens my focus is strictly on trying to get this team in the playoffs. That’s it.’’

Working in Woodson’s favor is their mutual admiration for former Knicks legendary coach Red Holzman, who coached both of them. When Woodson first joined the Knicks as a defensive a.ssistant, he sang the praises of Holzman, who drafted Woodson.

Woodson wouldn’t say how much he’s been debriefed about the Jackson hiring.

“We know it’s out there and like I said I’ve got a great deal of respect for Phil and if the Knicks decide to go that route I think he can’t do nothing but enhance the organization,’’ Woodson said.

It’s possible the Knicks won’t officially announce the hiring of Jackson, who will have the title of team president, until Monday.

Though Jackson and the Knicks have reached an agreement in principle, the Garden has continued to issue no comments. It is believed the contracts have not been signed.

One belief on why the Knicks didn’t rush a press conference is because the Big East Tournament is being held there through Saturday at the Garden and the Rangers play at home on Sunday.

It is expected Knicks owner James Dolan will look to invite some of Jackson’s former Knicks teammates on the club’s two championship teams, including Bill Bradley and Willis Reed, to Tuesday’s ceremony. In April, the 1973 Knicks title team was honored during a 40-year anniversary ceremony, which Jackson attended.

Jackson is expected to want to bring in his own coach who knows the triangle offense well. However, despite his record 11 coaching titles, he has a short coaching tree, unlike Pat Riley or even Jeff Van Gundy. Jackson was forever linked with his legendary a.ssistant Tex Winter, who is credited with all but inventing the triangle offense.

That’s why former Suns general manager Steve Kerr, who has coaching aspirations, is a likely candidate. Brian Shaw, a former Lakers guard and longtime Jackson a.ssistant, could be another, even though he signed on with Denver last spring for his first head coaching job. The Nuggets are struggling — 8 games under .500 and there are rumors he has lost some of the locker room.

Jim Cleamons, a former Knick, is another former Jackson a.ssistant who was a head coach in Dallas, where he was dealt a bad hand. Cleamons is a Milwaukee a.ssistant and will be at the Garden when the Bucks play the Knicks at noon Saturday.

Nate McMillan is a strong possibility to be considered. As far as Jeff Van Gundy, he and Jackson have exchanged verbal darts across the years with Van Gundy once calling Jackson “Big Chief Triangle.’’

“I think [Shaw] could be a perfect fit with Phil,’’ said one NBA source who worked with Jackson. “He’s not afraid to speak his mind.’’

Meanwhile, despite the potential Tuesday press conference, a fan protest against James Dolan scheduled for Wednesday in front of the Garden is still expected to go on, according to one of the organizers.
 3 years ago '07        #10717
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,383 | Props total: 277 277
That's my coach

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10718
space
space
Stat n Tyson Chicken Chandler Bing will play tomorrow

And Woodson could be a candidate for the Georgetown coaching position if fired
 3 years ago '04        #10719
space
space
WE

IN

HERE

3 years ago '04        #10720
space
space
we should threaten to protest more often LMFAO
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
58 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
64 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
187 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
86 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
73 comments
21 hours ago