New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fill in the blank__________
11 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10681
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
n*ggas better move when we step in the building for one simple reason

We in here
 3 years ago '08        #10682
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,912 | Props total: 5670 5670
Yea thats why i brought it up that we was only 5 games back last week cuz i don't think the hawks wanna make the playoffs so 1 of those teams behind them gotta make it
 3 years ago '07        #10683
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 182 182
if the lakers did it last yr, why can't we??? we've made some miraculous wins before as the 8th seed (see 1999 Lockout)
 3 years ago '06        #10684
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
 I Am The Truth said:
if the lakers did it last yr, why can't we??? we've made some miraculous wins before as the 8th seed (see 1999 Lockout)
lol was that you that made this: ?
 3 years ago '07        #10685
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 182 182
 Parkchester said:
lol was that you that made this: ?
Haha nah I don't post on RealGM but we really do have a chance. If the Lakers did it last yr with D'Antoni & no Kobe in those last few games, then so can we...

We stumbled into the playoffs in 1999 and when ppl thought Miami was gonna sweep us, we beat them in 5 games...

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't like the look of the Pacers without Granger (as their longest tenured player & best glue guy)... if we're the 8th seed, Knicks in 6? Heaven in 7?
 3 years ago '04        #10686
space
space
Berman

The one person the Knicks should be trying to impress doesn’t seem so impressed with the Knicks’ expected hiring of legendary coach Phil Jackson to their front office.

In fact, Carmelo Anthony admitted he was in the dark regarding the team’s pursuit of Jackson and thought it would be best executed after the season.

A source told The Post the Knicks expect the Hall of Fame coach in the fold any day. The Post reported in Sunday’s editions Jackson was “real close’’ to agreeing to join the Knicks front office and return to the organization that drafted him in 1967.

There are ongoing discussions about his exact role, but The Post reported Knicks president Steve Mills would retain a similar position.

“I don’t even know what’s going on with that,’’ Anthony said late Saturday night after the Knicks beat the Cavaliers for their third straight win. “Nobody came to me about that. Until that time comes, I’m not going to know what’s going on.

“It’s hard to say at this particular moment. If anything, it’s not going to be right now. I’m pretty sure they’d try to wait for the offseason and then we’ll deal with all that stuff.’’

With Jackson living in Manhattan Beach, Calif., it’s possible he wouldn’t start the job until after the season ends. Jackson reportedly could have a title of president of basketball operations.

Anthony and the Knicks, who host the Sixers Monday, now find themselves back in a playoff race after gaining three games in four days. They trail the eighth-seeded Hawks by 3 ½ games with 18 to play.

Anthony’s failure to give Jackson an endorsement was notable, if not troublesome, considering he will be a free agent July 1. Jackson was critical of the Knicks roster in 2012 after he surprisingly wasn’t offered the team’s coaching job. The Knicks promoted Mike Woodson to interim coach and never contacted Jackson, who owns 11 championship rings as a coach.

In the interview two years ago with HBO’s “Real Sports,’’ Jackson called the roster “clumsy.’’

“Well, they don’t fit together well,’’ Jackson said at the time. “[Amar’e] Stoudemire doesn’t fit together well with Carmelo. Stoudemire’s a really good player. But he’s got to play in a certain system and a way. Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can’t stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kind of blend that group together.’’

They are blending together better now. The Knicks have dealt with enough distractions this season and now are finally showing a touch of chemistry and urgency. The Tyson Chandler-Stoudemire-Anthony frontcourt has started the past four games. Stoudemire came off the bench the last two seasons because of his minutes cap/injuries.

“It’s taken me a while,’’ Woodson said of finding the right mix. “I’ve been shuffling all season based on injuries. That’s what we do as coaches. You got to keep trying things. This lineup has been working well the last few games.’’

As for Jackson, the Garden still won’t comment on its pursuit. The club is holding a press conference Monday in Westchester to announce its new D-League team will be in White Plains next season. Some Knicks executives will be on hand, but Jackson isn’t expected.

Former Knicks coach and league disciplinarian Stu Jackson, who now works for NBA TV, said it would be a boon to land the former Bulls and Lakers coach, even if he won’t be on the sidelines. The Post has reported Jackson needs a second knee replacement, ending his coaching days.

“When you start with the Knicks, you’re looking for that wow celebrity factor that Phil Jackson obviously brings,’’ Stu Jackson said. “But he brings so much more — knowledge he has not only about what it takes in terms of winning but personnel, coaches, team culture. It’s a win-win for the Knicks and their fans.”

The Knicks will extend second 10-day contracts to Earl Clark and Shannon Brown Monday. They were signed after the Knicks bought out the contracts of Beno Udrih and Metta World Peace after the trade deadline.
 03-10-2014, 11:12 AM         #10687
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 3 years ago '04        #10688
space
space
bi*chBOYSARD

All indications are that Phil Jackson will accept the New York Knicks' offer to join the club's front office, according to a league source.

"The Knicks have a sense of what's going to happen," the source said. "And as of right now, it looks like Phil's taking the job. There's always the possibility of something falling apart at the last minute, but the Knicks' sense is that he's joining them."

The sides are still working out the details, including what Jackson's title will be, how much time he will spend in New York and when in the next few months he will start his job.

Jackson's answer is expected to become official within the next day or so. The Knicks have not scheduled an announcement.

The longtime former coach will not be a mere consultant for the Knicks, as he was recently for the Detroit Pistons. Whatever his title, the source said, Jackson will be an integral part of the club's basketball operations, although he will definitely not coach the team.

While Knicks owner James Dolan will pay Jackson handsomely to make basketball decisions, Dolan is still expected to maintain a voice in terms of decision-making, the source said. Bringing Jackson aboard could move the Knicks away from their ties to Creative Artists Agency, the player- and coach-representation firm that many league insiders, including some Knicks players, believe has an inordinate amount of influence within the franchise.

Assistant general manager Allan Houston, coach Mike Woodson, player personnel director Mark Warkentien and star forward Carmelo Anthony are all CAA clients.

One Knicks player recently told ESPN.com that the CAA ties were a problem in the locker room.

"You see how guys from CAA are treated differently," the player said. "How they get away with saying certain things to coaches. How coaches talk to them differently than they talk to the other guys. It's a problem."
 3 years ago '04        #10689
space
space
Chandler's not expected to play tonight but who cares, its TITANFALL DAY

gamestop bout to know 1 thing at midnight

WE IN HERE
 3 years ago '04        #10690
space
space
Zach Braziller

Knicks a.ssistant GM Allan Houston declined to discuss the Phil Jackson joining the Knicks front office, but admitted his “respect” for the Zen Master.

“Everyone has respect for one of the greatest coaches,” Houston said at a press conference in Westchester to introduce the team’s new D-League affiliate next season that will be based in White Plains. “I’ve played for wonderful coaches and I’ve learned a lot from all of them. I’ve played, worked with a lot of great people, personnel, coaches. I’m a sponge, so that anybody that I work with I’m going to learn from.”

The Knicks expect Jackson to be in the fold any day now as talks are ongoing to define his front-office role. The Post reported in Sunday’s editions Jackson was “real close” to coming aboard.

The Garden hasn’t commented on the situation, and Houston said, “I don’t have any thoughts on it,” when quizzed about talks with Jackson.

The former Knick All-Star shooting guard does have thoughts on the team’s sudden entry into a playoff race after gaining three games in the standings in four days, trailing the No. 8 spot by 3 1/2 games. They host the Sixers Monday night looking for their fourth straight victory.

“I think you’re starting to see a team that’s very urgent, hopefully the lineups can continue to be successful, and I think you just have to take one game at a time and believe in it,” Houston said.
 3 years ago '04        #10691
space
space
least it's not an injury, personal reasons will keep Chandler from playing tonight
 3 years ago '04        #10692
space
space
Clark & Brown will sign 2nd 10-day contracts
 3 years ago '07        #10693
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,384 | Props total: 277 277
Amare gets to start at center I guess...hopefully someone steps up on defense even though I think chandler is only good for rebounds

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10694
space
space
starting 5

Felton
Shump
Smitty
Melo
Stat
 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM         #10695
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Melo at the 4.
 3 years ago '06        #10696
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
i think we'll win tonight but i ain't hyping nothing up

who's making the game thread for tonight?
 3 years ago '04        #10697
space
space
Woj

Before the New York Knicks' hiring of Donnie Walsh six years ago, the commissioner of the NBA wanted to broker a deal to make Jerry Colangelo the franchise's basketball czar. David Stern wanted owner James Dolan to detach himself of his basketball meddling and meet Colangelo's conditions of the franchise's full autonomy.

The embarrassments were endless, the NBA's flagship franchise a smoldering heap of humiliation. Colangelo wanted major money and peerless power, with perhaps a provision that his son, Bryan, could someday replace him as the Knicks president, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Colangelo knew that the Knicks' culture and final word would always belong to the owner – never him, league sources said. As the managing director of USA Basketball, Colangelo had control, the best players and a far less traumatic path to chasing a championship legacy. Walsh had a soft spot for bringing a title to his New York roots and worked the job with capability, grace and honesty. There was never a hustle with Walsh, never an angle.

Now, the Knicks are negotiating a front-office deal with Phil Jackson. He's pushing for a monumental salary, understanding the leverage his Knicks championship roots and 11 NBA titles as a coach give him in a courtship gone public. One more famous name punches the code into Dolan's Garden ATM, with full understanding the transaction fee is a guarantee of a most unhappy ending.

"Nobody will ever have full autonomy," a high-ranking league official told Yahoo Sports. "Donnie had it in his deal, and when he questioned it, it was, 'See you later.' "

History tells us the Jackson-Dolan dynamic will end horribly for everyone. Dolan will declare a betrayal, and Jackson will walk away with tens of millions of Cablevision's dollars and a fistful more on a publishing advance to ridicule Dolan's meddling ways and distance himself from whatever failures occurred on his watch.

Far less accomplished people have been hired to run franchises, thus there's no arguing Jackson isn't worthy of an opportunity. Nevertheless, there are significant doubts about Jackson's ability to translate his coaching genius to front-office organization and tenacity. Respected officials doubt his desire to spend the necessary time evaluating talent, constructing a staff beyond those indebted cronies forever at his NBA side. They wonder about his commitment to investing time into the small, mundane a.ssignments that are necessary to turning a loser into a contender. How much time will Jackson even spend in New York?

The Knicks are low on draft picks and a.ssets, long on bad contracts and bad knees. For even the most elite of front-office executives, this is a challenging job – never mind a 68-year-old who'll find little of the adulation of championship-level coaching, and far more the criticism and second-guessing that comes with a rebuild.

Dolan believes Jackson's star power can trump Pat Riley's on the free-agent market, but make no mistake: Before a general manager can chase free-agents star, there needs to be an infrastructure of good, young and inexpensive talent born of savvy scouting and creativity deal-making. Jackson can't snap his fingers and expedite talent to his roster.

Looking back, Dolan delivered broad autonomy to Isiah Thomas – only to watch the excesses of wasteful spending, dysfunction and losing reverberate over a decade. Thomas had almost a mystical ability to work over Dolan, to be the owner's buddy and basketball authority. Isiah worked Dolan in a way that would be beneath Jackson, that his personality and ego will never allow.

For Dolan, Thomas is still the executive with whom everyone else pales. Well beyond Thomas' firing in 2008, Dolan made multiple bids to convince underlings that Thomas needed to be rehired. In one episode described to Yahoo Sports, Dolan had become exasperated with team officials who didn't want a second Garden act for Thomas. With overwhelming evidence to the contrary being presented to Dolan, he finally blurted out: "Isiah is a basketball genius!"

Dolan will never feel so good about Jackson, because Jackson will never let Dolan think he feels so good about him. Divide and conquer has always been Jackson's game plan – from Jerry Krause to Jerry West – and that's unlikely to change now.

Eventually, Jackson will want to explain himself – defend his mistakes, revel in his successes, whatever – and that'll be the beginning of the end for him. Won't matter if he's winning, or losing: The wall of silence at the Garden trumps everything – sellouts, stars and playoffs. In the end, this tells you so much about the pathology of the owner, so much about the trail of clues that a.ssures of a doomed Jackson-Dolan partnership.

"The biggest issue for [Dolan] is the no-talk policy with the media," a high-ranking league official said. "Everybody signs on, except for Walsh. And after that [Dolan] said, "Never again.' "

The saviors come and go for these New York Knicks, and Phil Jackson is still exploring the possibility that he could take his turn restoring glory to the Garden. They'll let Jackson make a lot of decisions there, let him make a lot of money, but as long as he understands the truth he'll never be confused. The Knicks' culture and values belong to James Dolan, and there are no executives – no forces of nature – that will change it.
 3 years ago '07        #10698
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,384 | Props total: 277 277
I honestly don't care if Phil accepts the offer, he just wants tot take all the glory for the Knicks turnaround coming soon..

I say we stick with coach Woodson

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 03-10-2014, 05:55 PM         #10699
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Funeral James said:
I honestly don't care if Phil accepts the offer, he just wants tot take all the glory for the Knicks turnaround coming soon..

I say we stick with coach Woodson

We 'gon sneak up on them like the 03-04 Pistons.

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '04        #10700
space
space
The New York Knicks and Phil Jackson continue to discuss a deal for him to run the front office.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that no one in Jackson's camp thinks a deal is "close."

Bill Simmons of ESPN reported on Sunday that Steve Kerr would be the leading candidate to become head coach if Jackson is hired. Frank Isola of the New York Daily News also reports Kerr could be strongly considered.

Kerr is currently an analyst with TNT and was previously general manager of the Phoenix Suns
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
20 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
179 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Orlando Brown going into graphic detail on what happened with him & Raven in t..
75 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
82 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside SMACK/URL Presents - Ill Will vs Charlie Clips [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION..
69 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy