New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Nov 15 - Terry Crews names his molester live
59 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
140 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
186 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10681
Born_Loser|M 99 heat pts99
space
space
$42,212 | Props total: 3701 3701
Zach Braziller

Knicks a.ssistant GM Allan Houston declined to discuss the Phil Jackson joining the Knicks front office, but admitted his “respect” for the Zen Master.

“Everyone has respect for one of the greatest coaches,” Houston said at a press conference in Westchester to introduce the team’s new D-League affiliate next season that will be based in White Plains. “I’ve played for wonderful coaches and I’ve learned a lot from all of them. I’ve played, worked with a lot of great people, personnel, coaches. I’m a sponge, so that anybody that I work with I’m going to learn from.”

The Knicks expect Jackson to be in the fold any day now as talks are ongoing to define his front-office role. The Post reported in Sunday’s editions Jackson was “real close” to coming aboard.

The Garden hasn’t commented on the situation, and Houston said, “I don’t have any thoughts on it,” when quizzed about talks with Jackson.

The former Knick All-Star shooting guard does have thoughts on the team’s sudden entry into a playoff race after gaining three games in the standings in four days, trailing the No. 8 spot by 3 1/2 games. They host the Sixers Monday night looking for their fourth straight victory.

“I think you’re starting to see a team that’s very urgent, hopefully the lineups can continue to be successful, and I think you just have to take one game at a time and believe in it,” Houston said.
 4 years ago '04        #10682
space
space
least it's not an injury, personal reasons will keep Chandler from playing tonight
 4 years ago '04        #10683
space
space
Clark & Brown will sign 2nd 10-day contracts
 4 years ago '07        #10684
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,469 | Props total: 378 378
Amare gets to start at center I guess...hopefully someone steps up on defense even though I think chandler is only good for rebounds
 4 years ago '04        #10685
space
space
starting 5

Felton
Shump
Smitty
Melo
Stat
 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM         #10686
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Melo at the 4.
 4 years ago '06        #10687
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
i think we'll win tonight but i ain't hyping nothing up

who's making the game thread for tonight?
 4 years ago '04        #10688
space
space
Woj

Before the New York Knicks' hiring of Donnie Walsh six years ago, the commissioner of the NBA wanted to broker a deal to make Jerry Colangelo the franchise's basketball czar. David Stern wanted owner James Dolan to detach himself of his basketball meddling and meet Colangelo's conditions of the franchise's full autonomy.

The embarrassments were endless, the NBA's flagship franchise a smoldering heap of humiliation. Colangelo wanted major money and peerless power, with perhaps a provision that his son, Bryan, could someday replace him as the Knicks president, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Colangelo knew that the Knicks' culture and final word would always belong to the owner – never him, league sources said. As the managing director of USA Basketball, Colangelo had control, the best players and a far less traumatic path to chasing a championship legacy. Walsh had a soft spot for bringing a title to his New York roots and worked the job with capability, grace and honesty. There was never a hustle with Walsh, never an angle.

Now, the Knicks are negotiating a front-office deal with Phil Jackson. He's pushing for a monumental salary, understanding the leverage his Knicks championship roots and 11 NBA titles as a coach give him in a courtship gone public. One more famous name punches the code into Dolan's Garden ATM, with full understanding the transaction fee is a guarantee of a most unhappy ending.

"Nobody will ever have full autonomy," a high-ranking league official told Yahoo Sports. "Donnie had it in his deal, and when he questioned it, it was, 'See you later.' "

History tells us the Jackson-Dolan dynamic will end horribly for everyone. Dolan will declare a betrayal, and Jackson will walk away with tens of millions of Cablevision's dollars and a fistful more on a publishing advance to ridicule Dolan's meddling ways and distance himself from whatever failures occurred on his watch.

Far less accomplished people have been hired to run franchises, thus there's no arguing Jackson isn't worthy of an opportunity. Nevertheless, there are significant doubts about Jackson's ability to translate his coaching genius to front-office organization and tenacity. Respected officials doubt his desire to spend the necessary time evaluating talent, constructing a staff beyond those indebted cronies forever at his NBA side. They wonder about his commitment to investing time into the small, mundane a.ssignments that are necessary to turning a loser into a contender. How much time will Jackson even spend in New York?

The Knicks are low on draft picks and a.ssets, long on bad contracts and bad knees. For even the most elite of front-office executives, this is a challenging job – never mind a 68-year-old who'll find little of the adulation of championship-level coaching, and far more the criticism and second-guessing that comes with a rebuild.

Dolan believes Jackson's star power can trump Pat Riley's on the free-agent market, but make no mistake: Before a general manager can chase free-agents star, there needs to be an infrastructure of good, young and inexpensive talent born of savvy scouting and creativity deal-making. Jackson can't snap his fingers and expedite talent to his roster.

Looking back, Dolan delivered broad autonomy to Isiah Thomas – only to watch the excesses of wasteful spending, dysfunction and losing reverberate over a decade. Thomas had almost a mystical ability to work over Dolan, to be the owner's buddy and basketball authority. Isiah worked Dolan in a way that would be beneath Jackson, that his personality and ego will never allow.

For Dolan, Thomas is still the executive with whom everyone else pales. Well beyond Thomas' firing in 2008, Dolan made multiple bids to convince underlings that Thomas needed to be rehired. In one episode described to Yahoo Sports, Dolan had become exasperated with team officials who didn't want a second Garden act for Thomas. With overwhelming evidence to the contrary being presented to Dolan, he finally blurted out: "Isiah is a basketball genius!"

Dolan will never feel so good about Jackson, because Jackson will never let Dolan think he feels so good about him. Divide and conquer has always been Jackson's game plan – from Jerry Krause to Jerry West – and that's unlikely to change now.

Eventually, Jackson will want to explain himself – defend his mistakes, revel in his successes, whatever – and that'll be the beginning of the end for him. Won't matter if he's winning, or losing: The wall of silence at the Garden trumps everything – sellouts, stars and playoffs. In the end, this tells you so much about the pathology of the owner, so much about the trail of clues that a.ssures of a doomed Jackson-Dolan partnership.

"The biggest issue for [Dolan] is the no-talk policy with the media," a high-ranking league official said. "Everybody signs on, except for Walsh. And after that [Dolan] said, "Never again.' "

The saviors come and go for these New York Knicks, and Phil Jackson is still exploring the possibility that he could take his turn restoring glory to the Garden. They'll let Jackson make a lot of decisions there, let him make a lot of money, but as long as he understands the truth he'll never be confused. The Knicks' culture and values belong to James Dolan, and there are no executives – no forces of nature – that will change it.
 4 years ago '07        #10689
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,469 | Props total: 378 378
I honestly don't care if Phil accepts the offer, he just wants tot take all the glory for the Knicks turnaround coming soon..

I say we stick with coach Woodson

03-10-2014, 05:55 PM         #10690
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Funeral James said:
I honestly don't care if Phil accepts the offer, he just wants tot take all the glory for the Knicks turnaround coming soon..

I say we stick with coach Woodson

We 'gon sneak up on them like the 03-04 Pistons.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #10691
space
space
The New York Knicks and Phil Jackson continue to discuss a deal for him to run the front office.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that no one in Jackson's camp thinks a deal is "close."

Bill Simmons of ESPN reported on Sunday that Steve Kerr would be the leading candidate to become head coach if Jackson is hired. Frank Isola of the New York Daily News also reports Kerr could be strongly considered.

Kerr is currently an analyst with TNT and was previously general manager of the Phoenix Suns
 4 years ago '04        #10692
space
space
only analyst NYK need is the GOD, Van GODdy
 4 years ago '06        #10693
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
damn i fell asleep i missed the game

cliff notes?
 4 years ago '04        #10694
space
space
 Parkchester said:
damn i fell asleep i missed the game

cliff notes?
Four players with over 22 pts, stat n baby Hardaway carried us to victory.... Oh and fu*k Philly
 4 years ago '04        #10695
space
space
bi*chBOY w/ SARS

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks are expected to finalize a deal that will give the legendary coach control of the club's front office by the end of the week, according to a league source.

"Everything is pretty much done," the source said. "There are just some little things here and there that need to be worked out, but the Knicks are very confident that this is essentially done."

An official announcement may not come until next week, the source said.

There has been speculation that Jackson is using the Knicks to get a top-flight job with another franchise, particularly the Los Angeles Lakers, but the source said the Knicks have no fear of Jackson leaving them at the altar for another team.

Jackson will take over the Knicks' basketball operations department from president and general manager Steve Mills. Mills, however, will remain an integral part of the organization, according to the source.

While Jackson will certainly spend plenty of time in New York, it is not clear exactly how much, the source said.
 4 years ago '04        #10696
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

Few know Carmelo Anthony as well as George Karl does.

And Melo’s former coach wonders if Phil Jackson would keep Anthony if the Zen Master takes over the Knicks’ front office. ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd asked Karl if the Knicks keep Anthony while discussing Jackson potentially taking over the Knicks.

“To me, when you ask me that question, I don’t think Melo is a Phil Jackson type of player,” Karl said on “The Herd.” “That would be my answer to that.”

Karl, who coached Anthony from 2005-11, says Anthony is just one of many major decisions Jackson would have to make if he joins the Knicks. Cowherd asked Karl if Anthony and Kobe Bryant have similar traits as prolific scorers.

“Yeah, but Kobe has an ability to lift a team on his shoulders on a yearly basis, [on] the playoff basis,” Karl said. “Melo has done it over three months or four months. He will be the best player in basketball for six weeks. Kobe has been the best player in basketball for all year and been the best player in basketball in a playoff series, in a championship, winning a championship ring.

“There’s a little difference there,” Karl continued. “There is a different stage of regular season and playoffs. [But] Kobe at times has selfish basketball play and has a tough ego and attitude to handle.”

If Jackson joins the Knicks, Karl says the former Lakers and Bulls coach should be committed to being in New York a lot initially.

“I think he’s got to be there for it to be successful,” Karl said. “At least the first year he has to be there 75-80 percent of the time. You are the face. You are winning the press conference because of Phil Jackson, you are exciting your fans because of Phil Jackson.

“And if he’s not there, the people will know that,” Karl added. “The people will feel that he is not in the building enough, the players will feel that he is not in the locker room… the thing I like about the decision if they hire him would be I think he understands team. He understands a unity of an organization is important to be successful. He understands that there is a chemistry and character to a championship team as much as there is a lot of talent to a championship basketball team.”

But Jackson will also have some major decisions to make such as whether to re-sign Anthony and build around him.

“The thing I don’t like about the situation for him is they got some big-time decisions,” Karl said. “[Hiring a] coach, Carmelo, salary cap, how you’re going to change the team, what’s the philosophy going to be.

“And New York doesn’t want a three or four-year plan. They want maybe a one-and-a-half-year plan.”
 4 years ago '08        #10697
AC_89 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,852 | Props total: 13006 13006
George karl stay on melos nuts let it go my dude
 4 years ago '04        #10698
space
space
 dj ac said:
George karl stay on melos nuts let it go my dude
like for real
 4 years ago '04        #10699
space
space
Isola

James Dolan and Bill Bradley could not be any different in terms of education, background and career paths. But the billionaire Knicks owner and the Hall of Fame player known as “Dollar Bill” do share a common goal: bringing Phil Jackson to New York.

The Daily News has learned that Dolan has solicited the help of Bradley, Jackson’s former Knicks teammate and longtime friend, to serve as an intermediary in the club’s negotiations with the Hall of Fame coach, who is contemplating a lucrative deal to run the Knicks.

According to a person close to Jackson, Dolan and Bradley have been working together to finalize an agreement that would make Jackson the highest-paid basketball executive in NBA history.

The source claims that reports of Jackson being offered an annual salary of $12 million are erroneous and that Jackson could be looking at a deal that pays him in excess of $15 million. The person close to Jackson also indicated that the two sides have had preliminary discussions about Jackson possibly owning a minority stake in the team.

The pairing of Princeton-educated Bradley, who was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, and Dolan may seem unlikely, but their paths have crossed before. Bradley, a former U.S. Senator and Presidential candidate, has been managing director of Allen & Company, an investment bank, since 2001. Each summer, the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference features business leaders, political figures and media tycoons, including Warren Buffett, Tony Blair and Mark Zuckerberg.

One year, LeBron James attended the conference, as did Dolan and Bradley. Coincidentally, Bradley once served as the chief outside adviser to McKinsey & Company, a management consulting firm that Dolan hired to help with the Knicks and Rangers.

Neither Dolan nor Jackson has commented publicly since the Daily News first reported last Friday that the Knicks had offered the former Bulls and Lakers coach a front office position. There are also conflicting reports over whether Jackson, who has won an NBA record 11 championships as a coach, was offered the Knicks’ head coaching job, as ESPN first reported. The source claims that Dolan and team president Steve Mills met with Jackson to specifically to gauge his interest in running the team.

Jackson has made it known for more than a year that he is not interested in coaching. He was set to become a top executive in Seattle had the Sacramento Kings relocated there. Instead, he mostly recently served as a consultant with the Detroit Pistons.

Over the past month, Jackson has told close friends that his ideal job would be similar to one Jerry West holds with the Golden State Warriors. West serves as a consultant and takes approximately two trips each month from his home in the Los Angeles area to Oakland.

Jackson is said to have little interest in moving to New York full-time and running the day-to-day operations of the club. Jackson spends most of the year in Playa Del Rey in Southern California and on his ranch in Montana. It is unclear if Dolan will insist that Jackson live in the New York area during the season and whether Jackson would be amenable to such an agreement.

“To be an executive it’s 24-7, 12 months a year,” said ESPN’s Doug Collins, a former player and coach who more than 14 years ago nearly joined the Knicks front office, “you’ve got to live where you are going to work. You’ve got to mentor coaches. You’ve got to mentor players.”

Jackson’s plan could include him hiring a general manager to run the day-to-day business while Jackson serves as the final decision maker — along with Dolan, of course. Mills would maintain a role with the club if Jackson joins the Knicks, the source indicated.

Jackson would likely want to bring in his own coach to replace Mike Woodson and run the system Jackson used with the Bulls and Lakers. TNT broadcaster Steve Kerr has been mentioned as a possible candidate. Kerr has never been a head coach before but he has remained close to Jackson over the years, and his resume — he played under Jackson and the Spurs’ Gregg Popovich — makes him an attractive candidate.

Former Knicks broadcaster Marv Albert, who works with Kerr on TNT’s telecasts, questioned whether Jackson and Dolan could peacefully co-exist.

“There will be a honeymoon, but I just don’t see Phil working in that type of environment,” Albert told The News. “And I’m not sure he’d want to live full-time in New York, which is what he would need to do.”

Even though Jackson has no front-office experience, Dolan is willing to pay top dollar to make him the face of the franchise. Dolan believes that Jackson’s presence will help the Knicks recruit top-tier free agents. There have been reports of Jackson being close to an agreement with the Knicks, but there is also a belief that Jackson is trying to get the Lakers to make a play for his services, too. Jackson spent most of his career with the club, and his girlfriend, Jeanie Buss, is a top executive with the Lakers.
 4 years ago '04        #10700
space
space
once again Chanlder won't play for personal issues and Stat will rest his knees (giggity)

Cole Aldrich will get the start tonight
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
367 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
389 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
149 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
42 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
55 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
16 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Another married thot teacher gets sexually assaults youngin
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Official Justice League Thread.
332 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy