New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside :bugsshocked:
16 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 explains Massive Brawl at Lax J Prince called him "they aint from RA..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dave East Dressing like a Weirdo Now??
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT Canada’s Jocelyne Larocque immediately removes medal.
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10661
Born_Loser|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$42,410 | Props total: 3978 3978
Ramona Shelburne

Phil Jackson is "ready to go back to work," a source with knowledge of his thinking told ESPN.com on Friday.

The former Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls coach has spent the last couple of years working to improve his health -- which included several surgeries and a successful f!ght against prostate cancer -- and writing a book. But the itch to return to the NBA in some capacity is strong.

While Jackson has made it clear to any team that has approached him that he prefers a front-office role that would allow him to shape and mold a franchise the way Miami Heat president Pat Riley has, he is open to the possibility of coaching for a short period of time if it was necessary in a transition period for a franchise with championship aspirations, the source said.

He would not consider any coaching position that did not have a significant guarantee of personnel power as well, sources said.

Sources previously told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith that New York Knicks president and general manager Steve Mills recently met with Jackson regarding the possibility of him becoming the team's next coach. The sources said Jackson, 68, told the Knicks he was not interested in the position.

A source, meanwhile, confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley that the Knicks have offered Jackson a front-office position.

The New York Daily News earlier had reported the offer, with a league source telling the newspaper that Jackson is expected to deliver his decision sometime next week.

Jackson, who has a career record of 1,155-485 in 20 seasons with the Bulls and Lakers, has won 11 NBA championships total. He previously has said health considerations precluded him from seriously considering a return to coaching, telling NBA TV in late January that "my stock answer has been I have no intention of coaching again."

He rebuffed the Cleveland Cavaliers and Brooklyn Nets last offseason, when each team approached him about a position that only involved coaching.

He also passed on an opportunity to join the Toronto Raptors in an undefined role, later saying he preferred an opportunity to run a Seattle franchise had the Sacramento Kings been sold to Chris Hansen and relocated there.

After speaking at the Sloan Conference on sports analytics in Boston last week, Jackson told USA Today that he had several recent conversations with organizations about returning to the NBA.

"There are winners and losers in the NBA, and a lot of people are trying to reclaim their position or change their culture or whatever," Jackson told USA Today. "So yeah, there is [opportunity]. I've had conversations. Some of them are feelers. 'Are you interested?' type of thing."

The Knicks won their second straight game Friday night against the Utah Jazz but still are 17 games under .500 (23-40) with coach Mike Woodson.

"I really don't have an opinion on it," Woodson said before Friday's game when asked about the Jackson-to-New York reports. "I really don't. Again, as I sit here today, I am the coach of the New York Knicks. I am not going to entertain anything about Phil.

"I have a great deal of respect for Phil, but I am not going to entertain anything about Phil Jackson. My job is to try to get this team to play at a high level and we got a big game tonight against Utah and we got to get ready to play."

Amar'e Stoudemire hopes the Knicks can weather the current round of rumors and remain focused on trying to sneak into the playoffs.

"I guess when you're not winning, it opens the doors for a lot of rumors, you know? Our job is to win. If we win, there wouldn't be any of these distractions. The door wouldn't be open for so many rumors," Stoudemire said before the game. "As players we've got to go out there and perform and win, that's all it boils down to."
 03-07-2014, 10:24 PM         #10662
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '04        #10663
space
space
Dolan is finally using his head and is allegedly offering Phillip total control it's a beautiful day

Oh yeah muhfu*kas

We in here
 4 years ago '07        #10664
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,519 | Props total: 479 479

the takeover

8 - 3 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 79 (+6) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 16-22, Rank #607 | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '07        #10665
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,991 | Props total: 2442 2442
And it starts... bring us back to glory Phil
 4 years ago '04        #10666
space
space
4 games out the playoffs
 4 years ago '07        #10667
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
4 games out the playoffs
nah my n*gga... 3.5 after the Clips beat ATL...

and plus Phil on the way. That's a win in itself... so 3 games back
 4 years ago '04        #10668
space
space
n*ggas better move when we step in the building for one simple reason

We in here
 4 years ago '08        #10669
AC_89 214 heat pts214
space
space
$40,840 | Props total: 15810 15810
Yea thats why i brought it up that we was only 5 games back last week cuz i don't think the hawks wanna make the playoffs so 1 of those teams behind them gotta make it
 4 years ago '07        #10670
space
space
if the lakers did it last yr, why can't we??? we've made some miraculous wins before as the 8th seed (see 1999 Lockout)
 4 years ago '06        #10671
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 945 945
 I Am The Truth said:
if the lakers did it last yr, why can't we??? we've made some miraculous wins before as the 8th seed (see 1999 Lockout)
lol was that you that made this: ?
 4 years ago '07        #10672
space
space
 Parkchester said:
lol was that you that made this: ?
Haha nah I don't post on RealGM but we really do have a chance. If the Lakers did it last yr with D'Antoni & no Kobe in those last few games, then so can we...

We stumbled into the playoffs in 1999 and when ppl thought Miami was gonna sweep us, we beat them in 5 games...

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't like the look of the Pacers without Granger (as their longest tenured player & best glue guy)... if we're the 8th seed, Knicks in 6? Heaven in 7?
 4 years ago '04        #10673
space
space
Berman

The one person the Knicks should be trying to impress doesn’t seem so impressed with the Knicks’ expected hiring of legendary coach Phil Jackson to their front office.

In fact, Carmelo Anthony admitted he was in the dark regarding the team’s pursuit of Jackson and thought it would be best executed after the season.

A source told The Post the Knicks expect the Hall of Fame coach in the fold any day. The Post reported in Sunday’s editions Jackson was “real close’’ to agreeing to join the Knicks front office and return to the organization that drafted him in 1967.

There are ongoing discussions about his exact role, but The Post reported Knicks president Steve Mills would retain a similar position.

“I don’t even know what’s going on with that,’’ Anthony said late Saturday night after the Knicks beat the Cavaliers for their third straight win. “Nobody came to me about that. Until that time comes, I’m not going to know what’s going on.

“It’s hard to say at this particular moment. If anything, it’s not going to be right now. I’m pretty sure they’d try to wait for the offseason and then we’ll deal with all that stuff.’’

With Jackson living in Manhattan Beach, Calif., it’s possible he wouldn’t start the job until after the season ends. Jackson reportedly could have a title of president of basketball operations.

Anthony and the Knicks, who host the Sixers Monday, now find themselves back in a playoff race after gaining three games in four days. They trail the eighth-seeded Hawks by 3 ½ games with 18 to play.

Anthony’s failure to give Jackson an endorsement was notable, if not troublesome, considering he will be a free agent July 1. Jackson was critical of the Knicks roster in 2012 after he surprisingly wasn’t offered the team’s coaching job. The Knicks promoted Mike Woodson to interim coach and never contacted Jackson, who owns 11 championship rings as a coach.

In the interview two years ago with HBO’s “Real Sports,’’ Jackson called the roster “clumsy.’’

“Well, they don’t fit together well,’’ Jackson said at the time. “[Amar’e] Stoudemire doesn’t fit together well with Carmelo. Stoudemire’s a really good player. But he’s got to play in a certain system and a way. Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can’t stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kind of blend that group together.’’

They are blending together better now. The Knicks have dealt with enough distractions this season and now are finally showing a touch of chemistry and urgency. The Tyson Chandler-Stoudemire-Anthony frontcourt has started the past four games. Stoudemire came off the bench the last two seasons because of his minutes cap/injuries.

“It’s taken me a while,’’ Woodson said of finding the right mix. “I’ve been shuffling all season based on injuries. That’s what we do as coaches. You got to keep trying things. This lineup has been working well the last few games.’’

As for Jackson, the Garden still won’t comment on its pursuit. The club is holding a press conference Monday in Westchester to announce its new D-League team will be in White Plains next season. Some Knicks executives will be on hand, but Jackson isn’t expected.

Former Knicks coach and league disciplinarian Stu Jackson, who now works for NBA TV, said it would be a boon to land the former Bulls and Lakers coach, even if he won’t be on the sidelines. The Post has reported Jackson needs a second knee replacement, ending his coaching days.

“When you start with the Knicks, you’re looking for that wow celebrity factor that Phil Jackson obviously brings,’’ Stu Jackson said. “But he brings so much more — knowledge he has not only about what it takes in terms of winning but personnel, coaches, team culture. It’s a win-win for the Knicks and their fans.”

The Knicks will extend second 10-day contracts to Earl Clark and Shannon Brown Monday. They were signed after the Knicks bought out the contracts of Beno Udrih and Metta World Peace after the trade deadline.
 03-10-2014, 11:12 AM         #10674
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '04        #10675
space
space
bi*chBOYSARD

All indications are that Phil Jackson will accept the New York Knicks' offer to join the club's front office, according to a league source.

"The Knicks have a sense of what's going to happen," the source said. "And as of right now, it looks like Phil's taking the job. There's always the possibility of something falling apart at the last minute, but the Knicks' sense is that he's joining them."

The sides are still working out the details, including what Jackson's title will be, how much time he will spend in New York and when in the next few months he will start his job.

Jackson's answer is expected to become official within the next day or so. The Knicks have not scheduled an announcement.

The longtime former coach will not be a mere consultant for the Knicks, as he was recently for the Detroit Pistons. Whatever his title, the source said, Jackson will be an integral part of the club's basketball operations, although he will definitely not coach the team.

While Knicks owner James Dolan will pay Jackson handsomely to make basketball decisions, Dolan is still expected to maintain a voice in terms of decision-making, the source said. Bringing Jackson aboard could move the Knicks away from their ties to Creative Artists Agency, the player- and coach-representation firm that many league insiders, including some Knicks players, believe has an inordinate amount of influence within the franchise.

Assistant general manager Allan Houston, coach Mike Woodson, player personnel director Mark Warkentien and star forward Carmelo Anthony are all CAA clients.

One Knicks player recently told ESPN.com that the CAA ties were a problem in the locker room.

"You see how guys from CAA are treated differently," the player said. "How they get away with saying certain things to coaches. How coaches talk to them differently than they talk to the other guys. It's a problem."
 4 years ago '04        #10676
space
space
Chandler's not expected to play tonight but who cares, its TITANFALL DAY

gamestop bout to know 1 thing at midnight

WE IN HERE
 4 years ago '04        #10677
space
space
Zach Braziller

Knicks a.ssistant GM Allan Houston declined to discuss the Phil Jackson joining the Knicks front office, but admitted his “respect” for the Zen Master.

“Everyone has respect for one of the greatest coaches,” Houston said at a press conference in Westchester to introduce the team’s new D-League affiliate next season that will be based in White Plains. “I’ve played for wonderful coaches and I’ve learned a lot from all of them. I’ve played, worked with a lot of great people, personnel, coaches. I’m a sponge, so that anybody that I work with I’m going to learn from.”

The Knicks expect Jackson to be in the fold any day now as talks are ongoing to define his front-office role. The Post reported in Sunday’s editions Jackson was “real close” to coming aboard.

The Garden hasn’t commented on the situation, and Houston said, “I don’t have any thoughts on it,” when quizzed about talks with Jackson.

The former Knick All-Star shooting guard does have thoughts on the team’s sudden entry into a playoff race after gaining three games in the standings in four days, trailing the No. 8 spot by 3 1/2 games. They host the Sixers Monday night looking for their fourth straight victory.

“I think you’re starting to see a team that’s very urgent, hopefully the lineups can continue to be successful, and I think you just have to take one game at a time and believe in it,” Houston said.
 4 years ago '04        #10678
space
space
least it's not an injury, personal reasons will keep Chandler from playing tonight
 4 years ago '04        #10679
space
space
Clark & Brown will sign 2nd 10-day contracts
 4 years ago '07        #10680
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,519 | Props total: 479 479
Amare gets to start at center I guess...hopefully someone steps up on defense even though I think chandler is only good for rebounds

8 - 3 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 79 (+6) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 16-22, Rank #607 | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Forget Blac Chyna, This is the Best Ass Ya'll will See for a Minute
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kenyan lady found her childhood friend on the streets suffering from drug addi..
126 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Netflix Full Metal Alchemist 2/19
54 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
The O.G back at it
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Drake's run continues #1 God's Plan / Look Alive #6
53 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wilt Stories (300 pound Shaq who ran the floor like Anthony Davis)
32 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 20 - GOP staffer fired after accusing Parkland students of being ‘..
116 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside R. Kelly kills his audition at The Voice (Wow)
70 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy