New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Drake - talk is cheap feat aaliyah (leaked) fire!!!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors Coach Steve Kerr admits to smoking marijuana in the past year
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I imagine these being the best b0obs, ever
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '08        #10621
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,785 | Props total: 5521 5521
 Blkboipurp said:
Raymond Felton is the worst PG in the league....not just starting PG....THE WORST
 3 years ago '04        #10622
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,636 | Props total: 2138 2138
Ohm Youngmisuk

GREENBURGH, N.Y. –- As we near the Feb. 20 NBA trade deadline, discussion about Carmelo Anthony's future will intensify.

The Knicks aren’t getting any better, fans are growing frustrated, and Anthony is the Knicks’ biggest trade chip. But unless Anthony does something I don’t see happening -- namely, informing New York brass he has zero plans of re-signing later this summer -- the Knicks shouldn’t trade him.

And some of the reasons not to deal Anthony are outlined by Michael Wilbon, who writes why the Bulls should make a run at Melo.

Here’s part of Wilbon’s argument for Chicago to make a move for Melo:

So, it's a legitimate, full-fledged dilemma stuffed with risk. Yet if Anthony waves goodbye to the Knicks and wants to come to Chicago, I would depart from the Bulls' traditional conservative approach to free agency and try to get him (easy for me to say). It's a delicate balance to strike. John Paxson and Gar Forman knew as they accumulated those a.ssets there would come a time to actually use them. They can't simply add Anthony to the team as we know it, so a couple of players are going to have to be dealt. But big stars win in the NBA and moving role players to make room for an All-Star of Anthony's impact is the way to go, unless a star of similar magnitude becomes available out of thin air.

There are scouts in the NBA who believe Anthony will be the same player going forward he's been the past 11 years, which is to say a professional scorer who has never been committed to defense or the nuances of being a great teammate, which just happen to be the obsessions of the coach Anthony would be playing for in Chicago. But there are others who believe that while the above a.ssessment is undeniable, the Bulls are in desperate need of what Anthony still does as well as anybody in the NBA not named Kevin Durant: score.

My take? The very reasons Wilbon argues the Bulls should go after Melo are the very reasons the Knicks should hold on tight. As Wilbon says, big stars win in the NBA. You can argue all you want about whether Melo is a "superstar." But any perennial All-Star who can win a scoring title against the likes of Durant, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James is the kind of legitimate star that doesn’t come around often.

Melo might not make others around him better the way Michael Jordan did. That’s fine. There have been only a handful of stars like that over the past couple of decades. The Knicks have to understand what Melo is and find a way to put the right pieces around him. He needs a better point guard, a consistent second scorer and an inside presence.

Sure, acquiring the right pieces while signing Anthony to a maximum contract worth $129 million over five years will be difficult. But trading Anthony and starting over with draft picks is a risky proposition. Drafting prospects today is the furthest thing from a sure thing. And the Knicks don’t exactly have the best track record in that department. Besides, is there a team willing to give up high-round picks in this upcoming, tantalizing draft?

I’ll take my chances with a guy I know can score 62 on any given night and electrify the Garden like no other Knick has since Bernard King.

Can you get a young player on the cusp of superstardom like Kyrie Irving for Melo? That isn't likely to happen. The Knicks would probably need a three- or four-team deal to get a young star like him.

The Knicks can't afford to let Anthony get away for nothing. So does he want to remain a Knick? Considering Anthony can earn more here in New York -- barring a sign-and-trade, other teams can offer Anthony only a maximum of $96 million over four years -- I’ll take La La's word that Melo is staying. It'll be hard for him to resist being the man in New York, while getting paid max dollars.

Perhaps there are other teams out there thinking the same thing Wilbon is thinking for the Bulls. The Knicks should listen, since you never know what kind of offers may come.

But for all the reasons Melo makes sense in a place like Chicago, that’s why he makes sense in New York.

The Knicks should hold on to their star.
 3 years ago '04        #10623
space
space
Steve Popper

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — When the door to the Knicks practice session opened Tuesday afternoon, a stream of players scurried out of the locker room before the media could ask a question.

You know what they say about a sinking ship? The rats desert the ship and the captain goes down with it — and coach Mike Woodson may be on his last days afloat.

Left behind to explain the team’s latest round of troubles were Woodson and a pair of veterans, Tyson Chandler and Amar’e Stoudemire.

And what they had to say wasn’t exactly reassuring — Woodson’s words not encouraging for the team’s fading chances and in particular, the usually positive Stoudemire’s words not encouraging for Woodson, whom one league source said could be removed before the Feb. 20 trade deadline.

Stoudemire joined what has been a chorus of players with little to say that sounds as if it is backing Woodson. With bad losses mounting and the season running down, earlier a.ssurances from Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan that no changes were going to be made may be as hollow as Woodson’s insistence that the Knicks still can be a power in the Eastern Conference.

The Knicks enter tonight’s game against the Portland Trailblazers with a 19-29 record and if they hoped that the Miami Heat would be a measuring stick Saturday, perhaps the real measuring stick was Monday in Milwaukee when they dropped a game to a Bucks’ squad that has won just nine games. In measuring themselves, the Knicks are closer to the bottom than the top.

A year ago the Knicks believed they could beat any team, winning 54 games and an Atlantic Division title. They coasted past the Celtics in the first round of the playoffs and after three wins in four regular-season meetings, believed they could beat the Miami Heat if they faced them.

But now, the Knicks sit in 10th place in the conference, seven games behind the Toronto Raptors for the top spot in the Atlantic and 1½ games behind the Charlotte Bobcats for the final playoff berth.

“If things had gotten off to the way we thought they should have at the beginning of the year we probably wouldn’t be having this conversation,” Woodson said. “Again, we’ve had our struggles. With the injuries and inconsistent play in terms of our different rotations it’s just been a combination of things.

“My job as the coach is to get these guys over the hump. We’re still in position. It’s not like it’s the last week or two weeks of the season where we don’t have a shot in making the playoffs.
 3 years ago '04        #10624
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks are in the midst of yet another losing streak that could potentially put their coach’s job in jeopardy if things don’t turn around.

After falling to Portland for their third straight loss, Carmelo Anthony said any changes made by management, whether a potential trade or Mike Woodson’s status, isn't his decision.

“At this point, I don’t really know what’s going to happen, if something’s going to happen,” Anthony said. “If something was to happen then it’s out of my hands.”

J.R. Smith backed Woodson, but the shooter also knows anything could happen with the Knicks' current play.

“I love Coach Woodson,” Smith said. “I think he’s done a great job. But it’s out of my hands. So I would hope not (if management opts to make a change), but if it does then we have to live with it.”

Woodson certainly tried whatever he could to shake the Knicks out of their latest slump, even benching Raymond Felton in favor of Pablo Prigioni for the entire fourth quarter. He also played Amar'e Stoudemire (18 points) 21 minutes after the veteran vented about his lack of playing time.

But the Knicks (19-30) continue to put their coach in a precarious situation. Despite the fact that Portland (35-14) gave the Knicks all the chances to win in the fourth quarter by shooting 4-for-17, missing five free throws and turning the ball over seven times, Woodson’s team simply couldn’t capitalize.

Two nights after pouring in 36 points, Anthony had 26 points but failed to score a point in the fourth quarter. The Knicks couldn’t buy a 3-pointer, missing their first 16 of 18 from behind the arc, before knocking in consecutive 3-balls late to pull within 89-87 with 50 seconds remaining.

After LaMarcus Aldridge buried a difficult 13-foot turnaround fadeaway over Tyson Chandler, Anthony missed a driving layup, but Woodson was sure his star was fouled.

“I thought there were times where I thought we got hit but there was no call,” Woodson said. “... I go back in and look at the tape and I thought it was clearly a foul.”

“It wasn’t like he wasn’t getting good looks,” Woodson added. “And it wasn’t like he wasn’t trying to create something to get to the free-throw line."

The Knicks and Woodson are running out of games to turn the season around. They remain just 2 1/2 games back of Charlotte for eighth place in the East. But the Knicks are about to enter a brutal stretch in their schedule, which will send them on the road for 17 of their next 26 games.

And they just let several opportunities to upset the Blazers slip out of their hands.

"You are down four with 35 seconds on the clock and you put the ball in your best player’s hands and he comes up short," Woodson said.
 3 years ago '04        #10625
space
space
Berman

OKLAHOMA CITY — This was the type of afternoon Carmelo Anthony may have nightmares about, with Kevin Durant starring in them.

Maybe Sunday’s 112-100 loss to powerhouse Oklahoma City didn’t prove to be the final nail in Mike Woodson’s coffin, but it did prove the great Durant is playing on a different stratosphere than Anthony.

The final score wasn’t nearly as lopsided as the matchup between Durant and Melo. The battle of the NBA’s top two scorers was a disaster for Anthony.

In nearly posting a triple-double, Durant outscored Anthony, 41-15, as he continued his MVP-type season in overwhelming the Knicks at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Durant’s 41 came on 12-for-22 shooting, including 4-for-7 from the 3-point line. He added 10 rebounds, nine a.ssists and solid defense on Anthony.

“Something I knew he can do,’’ Anthony said. “He makes it look easy. When you get it going like that, it’s hard to stop it.’’

Durant was virtually unguardable. The usually potent Anthony struggled all game and shot just 5 of 19 from the field.

Melo was rattled from the get-go when two minutes into the contest, he pump-faked, dribbled in the lane and had his shot swatted emphatically by Durant.

“In order for us to be a good team, I have to be a two-way player,’’ Durant said. “I’ve realized that these past few years.’’

Melo said it was more than Durant keeping him down.

“They just loaded up every time I caught it,’’ Anthony said. “It was two guys, three guys. They made it tough. When I did a have a chance to knock down some shots, they didn’t go down.’’

The final indignity came with 2:30 left when Anthony got crunched on a screen by beefy center Kendrick Perkins and looked shaken up as the crowd roared in delight.

“I didn’t know it was coming,’’ Anthony said. “It was a great pick.’’

It was a symbolic moment on an afternoon gone awry after a good start.

The Knicks (20-31) have one game left before the All-Star break, playing host to Sacramento on Wednesday, and a confident Woodson said he “absolutely’’ thinks he’ll be coaching the team when play resumes in Memphis on Feb. 18.
Anthony skipped the Christmas Day game against OKC with a sprained ankle. He may have wanted to skip this one, too.

Melo was 1 of 6 after one quarter, 3 of 9 at halftime and 5 of 16 after three quarters. Then he scored just one point in the final period. In their previous loss Wednesday to Portland, Anthony was held scoreless in the fourth quarter.

“I wasn’t able to score throughout the whole game — it was a lot different than Portland,’’ Anthony said. “Today I was trying to find out different ways to deal with it, seeing two, three guys every time. It’s tough to do. KD was telling me before the game the object was not to let me touch it, not to let me sniff it. It worked.’’

“They made shots. I didn’t give anything on the offensive end. I’ll take the blame on that. They did a great job of loading up.’’

Anthony missed two 3-pointers on one possession in the third quarter, missing the rim entirely on the second launch.

He shook his head in disgust.

The Knicks were within six points early in the fourth quarter but couldn’t keep pace and their rotating defensive schemes were exposed — not good for Woodson’s cause.

On a couple of possessions in the first quarter, Durant soared in on transitions and Knicks players stepped out of the way and allowed him to dunk.

“Early in the game, the object is take away layups,’’ Anthony said. “No easy baskets. You try to make it as hard as possible. We know he’s going to score points but times we have a chance to stop it, you got to stop it. Early in the game, we didn’t do that.’’

Despite trailing just 58-53 at halftime, the Knicks had no answer for Durant, who racked up 19 points in the first half against the Knicks’ small-ball lineup that had Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith alternating on him. Anthony tried it in the fourth quarter.

The Knicks were unable to stop Durant from penetrating and he was able to score on runners, dunks or dish to open shooters all afternoon.

“It was tough to get him in positions where we could double him,’’ Woodson said. “He’s a willing passer now and he’s finding people all over the place.’’

Durant played a deadly pick-and-roll game with Serge Ibaka, who finished with 16 points on 8 of 11 shooting — mostly off dishes from Durant.

“He’s a tough cover, great scorer, makes good decisions with the ball,” Shumpert said. “You just got to be there to make tough shots. He made tough shots today.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10626
space
space
Ian Begley

Jeff Van Gundy coached the Knicks for more than six seasons, so he knows all about the pressure of running a team in the Big Apple.

As a fan of New York sports and an NBA analyst for ESPN, Van Gundy’s been following Mike Woodsons’s situation in New York very closely.

He’s been extremely supportive of Woodson amid all of the widespread media speculation over his job.

Van Gundy was asked on ESPN Radio’s “The Ian O’Connor Show” if he had any advice for Woodson.

His message was simple: ignore the outside noise.

“Just do your job and don’t feel the need to update the media on your feelings because it doesn’t matter,” Van Gundy said. “Just do your job. You know how to coach and you’ve done it very well there. I wouldn’t apologize to anyone if I was him because I think he’s handled himself very, very well in a difficult situation.”

The Knicks are 20-31 and in tenth place in the Eastern Conference, two games behind Charlotte for the eighth seed. They’ve lost four of five, leading to another round of widespread speculation that Woodson’s job is in jeopardy.

Van Gundy called the constant speculation over Woodson’s job “very, very unfair.”

If Woodson is let go, the Knicks would likely consider a big-name coach such as Van Gundy or John Calipari, among others, to bring in over the summer.

Van Gundy has said that he has no interest in taking over a team in the middle of the season.
 3 years ago '11        #10628
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
space
$37,689 | Props total: 4525 4525
promising words, but Amare is only year 4 right?
 3 years ago '11        #10629
King Henry 522 heat pts522
space
space
$41,113 | Props total: 4584 4584
Melo Gawd
 3 years ago '10        #10630
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,271 | Props total: 10354 10354
 X_WunderKind_X said:
promising words, but Amare is only year 4 right?
Yea the plan I'm guessing is Melo is opting out this summer so he can recruit players in advance (ala 2008 Olympics) for next summer when we have cap space.
 3 years ago '11        #10631
X_WunderKind_X 902 heat pts902
space
space
$37,689 | Props total: 4525 4525
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Yea the plan I'm guessing is Melo is opting out this summer so he can recruit players in advance (ala 2008 Olympics) for next summer when we have cap space.
word word...
 02-14-2014, 04:08 PM         #10632
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's my franchise player.
 3 years ago '04        #10633
space
space
just want it to be next season already so they can trade Amar'es expiring for some pieces
 3 years ago '07        #10634
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
 Born_Loser said:
just want it to be next season already so they can trade Amar'es expiring for some pieces
what if they dont trade him? I wouldnt be surprised cant put anything past this front office
 3 years ago '08        #10635
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,785 | Props total: 5521 5521
Any chance chandler gets traded?
 3 years ago '04        #10636
space
space
 dj ac said:
Any chance chandler gets traded?
would be shocked if hes traded during this season
 3 years ago '04        #10637
space
space
Woj

The Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks are discussing a deal centered around guard Iman Shumpert, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

In proposed deals, the Clippers would send the Knicks a package that includes point guard Darren Collison for Shumpert and point guard Raymond Felton, sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Knicks are shopping Shumpert hard, and the Clippers have been receptive to listening on a potential deal, league sources said.

The discussions and proposed players are still fluid, league sources said, and a deal isn't close to being reached. Nevertheless, Shumpert is an object of interest for the Clippers and the recent return of All-Star point guard Chris Paul makes Collison more expendable.

Clippers GM and coach Doc Rivers is determined to upgrade the athleticism on the wings and sees Shumpert, 23, as a player who can complement J.J. Red!ck and Jared Dudley. Red!ck, 29, is expected to miss a month with a back injury.

The Knicks are determined to upgrade at point guard, and Collison, 26, has shown an ability to be an effective playmaker in stops in New Orleans, Indiana, Dallas and now the Clippers.
 3 years ago '04        #10638
space
space
funny thing is in MyPlayer mode the Knicks and Clippers did make a Shump for Collison trade
 3 years ago '11        #10639
King Henry 522 heat pts522
space
space
$41,113 | Props total: 4584 4584

Can't let go of Shump Gawd
 3 years ago '11        #10640
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,682 | Props total: 239 239
knicks need to pursue deng, heard he was on trading block.
Home      

most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
178 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
116 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chef Sharpens $1 Knife Making It As Good As A $1000 Knife
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Was Born Ready. I'm Sure you can Guess What for
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside I Watched The Funniest Standup Special Since Dave Chappelle's Killing E..
189 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 GS “Red Velvet” Official Images
19 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
49 comments
24 hours ago