New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Everyday Things You're Consistently Doing Wrong
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 22 - Ariana Grande Concert Ends in Emergency Evacuation After Explosions R..
336 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 6 phenomena that science can't explain
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Offset dissing Lil' Uzi Vert
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10621
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Berman

OKLAHOMA CITY — This was the type of afternoon Carmelo Anthony may have nightmares about, with Kevin Durant starring in them.

Maybe Sunday’s 112-100 loss to powerhouse Oklahoma City didn’t prove to be the final nail in Mike Woodson’s coffin, but it did prove the great Durant is playing on a different stratosphere than Anthony.

The final score wasn’t nearly as lopsided as the matchup between Durant and Melo. The battle of the NBA’s top two scorers was a disaster for Anthony.

In nearly posting a triple-double, Durant outscored Anthony, 41-15, as he continued his MVP-type season in overwhelming the Knicks at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Durant’s 41 came on 12-for-22 shooting, including 4-for-7 from the 3-point line. He added 10 rebounds, nine a.ssists and solid defense on Anthony.

“Something I knew he can do,’’ Anthony said. “He makes it look easy. When you get it going like that, it’s hard to stop it.’’

Durant was virtually unguardable. The usually potent Anthony struggled all game and shot just 5 of 19 from the field.

Melo was rattled from the get-go when two minutes into the contest, he pump-faked, dribbled in the lane and had his shot swatted emphatically by Durant.

“In order for us to be a good team, I have to be a two-way player,’’ Durant said. “I’ve realized that these past few years.’’

Melo said it was more than Durant keeping him down.

“They just loaded up every time I caught it,’’ Anthony said. “It was two guys, three guys. They made it tough. When I did a have a chance to knock down some shots, they didn’t go down.’’

The final indignity came with 2:30 left when Anthony got crunched on a screen by beefy center Kendrick Perkins and looked shaken up as the crowd roared in delight.

“I didn’t know it was coming,’’ Anthony said. “It was a great pick.’’

It was a symbolic moment on an afternoon gone awry after a good start.

The Knicks (20-31) have one game left before the All-Star break, playing host to Sacramento on Wednesday, and a confident Woodson said he “absolutely’’ thinks he’ll be coaching the team when play resumes in Memphis on Feb. 18.
Anthony skipped the Christmas Day game against OKC with a sprained ankle. He may have wanted to skip this one, too.

Melo was 1 of 6 after one quarter, 3 of 9 at halftime and 5 of 16 after three quarters. Then he scored just one point in the final period. In their previous loss Wednesday to Portland, Anthony was held scoreless in the fourth quarter.

“I wasn’t able to score throughout the whole game — it was a lot different than Portland,’’ Anthony said. “Today I was trying to find out different ways to deal with it, seeing two, three guys every time. It’s tough to do. KD was telling me before the game the object was not to let me touch it, not to let me sniff it. It worked.’’

“They made shots. I didn’t give anything on the offensive end. I’ll take the blame on that. They did a great job of loading up.’’

Anthony missed two 3-pointers on one possession in the third quarter, missing the rim entirely on the second launch.

He shook his head in disgust.

The Knicks were within six points early in the fourth quarter but couldn’t keep pace and their rotating defensive schemes were exposed — not good for Woodson’s cause.

On a couple of possessions in the first quarter, Durant soared in on transitions and Knicks players stepped out of the way and allowed him to dunk.

“Early in the game, the object is take away layups,’’ Anthony said. “No easy baskets. You try to make it as hard as possible. We know he’s going to score points but times we have a chance to stop it, you got to stop it. Early in the game, we didn’t do that.’’

Despite trailing just 58-53 at halftime, the Knicks had no answer for Durant, who racked up 19 points in the first half against the Knicks’ small-ball lineup that had Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith alternating on him. Anthony tried it in the fourth quarter.

The Knicks were unable to stop Durant from penetrating and he was able to score on runners, dunks or dish to open shooters all afternoon.

“It was tough to get him in positions where we could double him,’’ Woodson said. “He’s a willing passer now and he’s finding people all over the place.’’

Durant played a deadly pick-and-roll game with Serge Ibaka, who finished with 16 points on 8 of 11 shooting — mostly off dishes from Durant.

“He’s a tough cover, great scorer, makes good decisions with the ball,” Shumpert said. “You just got to be there to make tough shots. He made tough shots today.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10622
space
space
Ian Begley

Jeff Van Gundy coached the Knicks for more than six seasons, so he knows all about the pressure of running a team in the Big Apple.

As a fan of New York sports and an NBA analyst for ESPN, Van Gundy’s been following Mike Woodsons’s situation in New York very closely.

He’s been extremely supportive of Woodson amid all of the widespread media speculation over his job.

Van Gundy was asked on ESPN Radio’s “The Ian O’Connor Show” if he had any advice for Woodson.

His message was simple: ignore the outside noise.

“Just do your job and don’t feel the need to update the media on your feelings because it doesn’t matter,” Van Gundy said. “Just do your job. You know how to coach and you’ve done it very well there. I wouldn’t apologize to anyone if I was him because I think he’s handled himself very, very well in a difficult situation.”

The Knicks are 20-31 and in tenth place in the Eastern Conference, two games behind Charlotte for the eighth seed. They’ve lost four of five, leading to another round of widespread speculation that Woodson’s job is in jeopardy.

Van Gundy called the constant speculation over Woodson’s job “very, very unfair.”

If Woodson is let go, the Knicks would likely consider a big-name coach such as Van Gundy or John Calipari, among others, to bring in over the summer.

Van Gundy has said that he has no interest in taking over a team in the middle of the season.
 3 years ago '11        #10624
X_WunderKind_X 904 heat pts904
space
space
$39,622 | Props total: 9142 9142
promising words, but Amare is only year 4 right?
 3 years ago '11        #10625
King Henry 536 heat pts536
space
space
$42,737 | Props total: 7139 7139
Melo Gawd
 3 years ago '10        #10626
Agentzer0oo0 201 heat pts201
space
space
$66,532 | Props total: 14562 14562
 X_WunderKind_X said:
promising words, but Amare is only year 4 right?
Yea the plan I'm guessing is Melo is opting out this summer so he can recruit players in advance (ala 2008 Olympics) for next summer when we have cap space.
 3 years ago '11        #10627
X_WunderKind_X 904 heat pts904
space
space
$39,622 | Props total: 9142 9142
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Yea the plan I'm guessing is Melo is opting out this summer so he can recruit players in advance (ala 2008 Olympics) for next summer when we have cap space.
word word...
 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM         #10628
Kitsch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's my franchise player.
 3 years ago '04        #10629
space
space
just want it to be next season already so they can trade Amar'es expiring for some pieces
 3 years ago '07        #10630
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,442 | Props total: 341 341
 Born_Loser said:
just want it to be next season already so they can trade Amar'es expiring for some pieces
what if they dont trade him? I wouldnt be surprised cant put anything past this front office

16 - 22 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 42% 464 (-9) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '08        #10631
AC_89 171 heat pts171
space
space
$36,499 | Props total: 9094 9094
Any chance chandler gets traded?
 3 years ago '04        #10632
space
space
 dj ac said:
Any chance chandler gets traded?
would be shocked if hes traded during this season
 3 years ago '04        #10633
space
space
Woj

The Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks are discussing a deal centered around guard Iman Shumpert, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

In proposed deals, the Clippers would send the Knicks a package that includes point guard Darren Collison for Shumpert and point guard Raymond Felton, sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Knicks are shopping Shumpert hard, and the Clippers have been receptive to listening on a potential deal, league sources said.

The discussions and proposed players are still fluid, league sources said, and a deal isn't close to being reached. Nevertheless, Shumpert is an object of interest for the Clippers and the recent return of All-Star point guard Chris Paul makes Collison more expendable.

Clippers GM and coach Doc Rivers is determined to upgrade the athleticism on the wings and sees Shumpert, 23, as a player who can complement J.J. Red!ck and Jared Dudley. Red!ck, 29, is expected to miss a month with a back injury.

The Knicks are determined to upgrade at point guard, and Collison, 26, has shown an ability to be an effective playmaker in stops in New Orleans, Indiana, Dallas and now the Clippers.
 3 years ago '04        #10634
space
space
funny thing is in MyPlayer mode the Knicks and Clippers did make a Shump for Collison trade
 3 years ago '11        #10635
King Henry 536 heat pts536
space
space
$42,737 | Props total: 7139 7139

Can't let go of Shump Gawd
 3 years ago '11        #10636
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 439 439
knicks need to pursue deng, heard he was on trading block.
 3 years ago '04        #10637
space
space
yeah i would def. look at Deng but so far, the trade is Collison & Reggie Bullock for Iman & Felton
 3 years ago '11        #10638
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 439 439
to me, if we're gonna get a point guard, hes gotta have playoff experience. collison seems like a throw away that nobody want. I can't get hype for a dude like that. felton's not the reason knicks are in this position. we've got a third string point guard from spain as our starting sg. this amare contract is k!lling us.

Last edited by imtheman718; 02-19-2014 at 11:37 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #10639
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
to me, if we're gonna get a point guard, hes gotta have playoff experience. collison seems like a throw away that nobody want. I can't get hype for a dude like that. felton's not the reason knicks are in this position. we've got a third string point guard from spain as our starting sg. this amare contract is k!lling us.
just gonna be another year problem, Melo better take that pay cut and they better try and get something for both Chandler n Amar'e and maybe even Barg (if he's not gonna resign for a sh*t load less) starting in the summer when they big money expiring c's
 3 years ago '04        #10640
space
space
only way Shump is moved is either 1 of 2 ways, we either get back a 1st rounder or a team must take Felton's contract
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside That Time A Guy Sonned Every Shark In The Shark Tank.
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 11 Reasons Why you Should marry a single mother
154 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside New Dave Chappelle [5/15/17]
33 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black Panther Fans... Come In & Defend This...
23 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Teyana Taylor Twerking on IG Live
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Lavar Ball BBB Highlight Mixtape. OG Got Skills Yo!
45 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG Sydney Alexandra
12 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Former p0rnstar talks about why she went to streaming.
48 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy