New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
194 comments
@rides
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 6 - Tom Ford Thinks All Men Should Be Penetrated At Least Once
250 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside New Kanye West Interview Days B4 Exposing Beyonce, Jay-Z & Illuminati I..
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10581
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,710 | Props total: 2231 2231
Berman

On Sunday, the same night the Knicks lost their ninth straight game to plunge to 3-13, big man Jeremy Tyler finally made his season debut in the D-League for Erie after recovering from stress fracture surgery.

The Knicks are closely monitoring the situation and intend to re-sign Tyler once they think he’s sharp enough and in good enough shape to contribute. He is a free agent, meaning he can sign elsewhere.

According to a source, the Knicks intend to have Tyler play 3-5 games with Erie before re-signing him. That means he could be a Knick by mid-December.

Tyler was cut in training camp because he was still rehabbing and owner James Dolan wanted to keep J.R. Smith’s brother, Chris Smith, as the 15th man in a highly controversial move that triggered the NBA to hold internal talks about the issue.

The question will be whether the Knicks will cut Smith, who is also playing for Erie, guard Tour’e Murry, who is on the roster but almost never plays, or center Cole Aldrich, who has seen almost zero action despite Tyson Chandler’s injury.

Tyler, 22, didn’t have a good debut, picking up three fouls during a rusty first quarter. The 6-foot-10 forward/center, a summer-league sensation, played 27 minutes, scoring nine points on 4-of-10 shooting with four rebounds. But he committed five turnovers. According to one report, he lost the ball a few times after getting pressured on the low block.

Tyler pocketed $200,000 in guaranteed money despite being cut. Because of the Knicks’ luxury-tax bracket, that amounted to an almost $650,000 payout for Dolan, so an investment has been made. The Knicks expect to get back Chandler in two weeks, but they still need frontcourt depth with worries about the long-term health of Amar’e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin.
 3 years ago '04        #10582
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

GREENBURGH, N.Y. –- Jeff Van Gundy is baffled over reports and speculation that Mike Woodson’s job could be in jeopardy.

The Knicks (3-13) are riding a nine-game slide into what will feel like a must-win game against struggling Brooklyn (5-13) on Thursday night. Van Gundy, an ESPN analyst, says the Knicks’ problem is not Woodson but rather “a very limited roster.”

“Listen, Mike Woodson, I believe I have my numbers right, was 18-6 when he took over for Mike D’Antoni,” the former Knicks coach said on “The Mike Lupica Show” on ESPN New York 98.7 FM. “Then he won a division title last year. Then they made some roster moves, had some injuries and so now they are starting Kenyon Martin, Andrea Bargnani, [Carmelo] Anthony, [Raymond] Felton and [Iman] Shumpert. That is the strength of their team.

“Their depth, with some of these injuries, is non-existent,” Van Gundy continued. “Listen this isn’t a coaching issue right now. This is a roster issue. ... The last problem the Knicks have -- the very last problem -- is a coaching issue. Mike Woodson is an outstanding basketball coach who has done an outstanding job. So how can a guy that went from brilliant, be on the proverbial hot seat 16 games into the next season?”

Van Gundy says the Knicks can still make the postseason but to expect much more might be a stretch.

“To a point [the Knicks can turn things around], they can make the playoffs,” Van Gundy said. “But it is a limited roster, very limited roster, with guys who are on the downside of their career. To do it, [Tyson] Chandler has to come back and be really good.

“Carmelo Anthony has to get really efficient offensively and some of the guys who are really struggling shooting the ball are going to have to spread the floor for Anthony so he has enough room to do his work. And they are going to have to shoot the three-point shot a lot better.”

Van Gundy also shot down any notion of him returning to rescue the Knicks if things go south with Woodson.

“Some people think I am behind the scenes plotting my return,” Van Gundy said. “My goodness.”
 3 years ago '04        #10583
space
space
Marc Berman & George Willis

Carmelo Anthony didn’t exactly say he’s ready to “retire in New York,’’ but denied Thursday he has made the decision to leave the Knicks this summer, saying it would be “selfish’’ to think along those lines right now.

Stephen A. Smith, the outlandish ESPN personality, reported on air Wednesday that Anthony already has made his decision to leave the Knicks this summer after opting out of his contract and becoming a free agent. Anthony would have to take $33 million less to sign elsewhere under the collective bargaining agreement. But his comment Wednesday when he called the franchise a “laughingstock’’ continued a pattern in which he seems grossly unhappy.

“I don’t think nobody goes where [they’re] expecting to lose,’’ Anthony said after Thursday’s shootaround at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. “I’m going through it and dealing with it. As far as me leaving and thinking about it, I’d be selfish to think about it at this point. With us losing and going through the situation we’re going though, I’d be selfish on my part, to my teammates, to the organization to even have that thought come across my mind.’’

Sources have indicated if the Knicks’ collapse continues this season, Anthony is likely to take less money and avoid a losing situation. He alluded Thursday to not wanting to be in a non-winning environment. The Knicks are 3-13 entering the Brooklyn Bridge Bums Battle.

“I’m not even thinking about it at this point,’’ Anthony insisted. “I don’t know who his sources are. I’m not thinking about it at all. It’s not coming from me and it’s not coming from the people I talk to on a daily basis. I don’t talk to anybody about that on my crew, on my team, family. It’s not true.’’

Though Anthony said he has made no decision, his remarks seemed different in tone from ones he made on TNT in Chicago on Oct. 31, when he said he wanted to “retire in New York.’’ The Knicks were 1-0 at the time.

“They pulled all the strings to get me here, and I wanted to be here,” Anthony said in the TV interview. “And I want to retire in New York, let’s be quite frank. I think a lot of people jumped the gun when I said I wanted to be a free agent. And yeah, I want people to come to play in New York. I want them to want to play in New York. I want New York to be that place where guys want to come play in New York.”

Anthony has been morose this season, making comments about the club having “no chemistry,’’ having “no fun’’ and being in “a dark space.’’

“Nobody ever expected this,’’ Anthony said Thursday. “We’re going through it, dealing with it. We got to start winning some basketball games. Everything else is secondary at this point. For us, trying to stay mentally strong, doing what we got to do to win basketball games. It starts tonight, trying to get confidence back as a team.

“I’ve never dealt with anything like this. It’s definitely a challenge for me to stay positive at this time, keep my team strong mentally.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10584
space
space
Begley

NEW YORK — Carmelo Anthony didn't want to talk about a report that suggested he's recruiting Boston's Rajon Rondo to New York.

"C'mon, man. In my book, that's tampering," he said.

And he's right. NBA players aren't permitted to recruit any other player under contract to play for their team. But the suggestion that Anthony would be recruiting someone to come to New York is good news for the Knicks.

Anthony will opt out of his contract at the end of the season and test free agency. He's said that he wants to retire as a Knick. But with New York's slow start, some have speculated that he could sign elsewhere next season.

Steve Smith, who coached both players at Virginia's Oak Hill Academy, told USA Today that Anthony was recruiting the point guard to play with him in New York.

"Whether he stays in Boston or not who knows. I know, talking to Melo, he's recruiting Rajon to come to New York," Smith said in the interview. "Melo thinks he'll come too. You never know about that stuff though. I think either way, Rajon will be fine."

Rondo's contract is up after next season. With the Celtics seemingly in rebuilding mode, there is speculation that they will trade their veteran star before they risk losing him in free agency.

Knicks 'unleashed': Perhaps the Brooklyn Nets created a monster.

The inspired Knicks, who crushed the Nets by 30 on Thursday in Brooklyn, continued to look like a juggernaut as they flattened the Orlando Magic by 38 on Friday.

“At some point it was going to get unleashed,” point guard Raymond Felton said when asked if the Nets unleashed something in the Knicks. “Brooklyn is just a team that got the first wrath of it. Everybody else is going to have to feel it later on, too. But one game at a time.”

The Knicks look like a completely different team than the one that had lost nine straight going into Brooklyn. Anthony said a big part of the reason why is that he has shot and scored less on purpose.

“I wanted to do something a little different to see if it worked,” Anthony said. “Me scoring 30 wasn’t working.”

Instead, Anthony, who's averaging 25.9 points and 9.9 rebounds this season, is deftly passing out of double-teams. He has shot a combined 14-of-22 and scored a total of 39 points in the past two wins. During the Knicks’ nine-game losing streak, he averaged 28.6 points while taking 23.2 shots a game.

The Knicks have been moving the ball, and they buried 16 of 27 3-pointers against the Nets, with six players scoring in double figures. Against Orlando, the Knicks went 17-of-34 from behind the arc and had seven players in double figures.

“I knew it was going to eventually happen,” Felton said of the Knicks’ offensive explosion. “I’m glad that it did. It was a good night to happen in Brooklyn, and then we came back tonight and showed that it wasn’t a fluke.

“We came out tonight to really prove that,” he added.
 3 years ago '04        #10585
space
space
Berman

Break up the Knicks!

The Knicks have gone from “laughingstock’’ to possibly a top contender in the rotten Atlantic Division in a space of two days. As coach Mike Woodson said before Friday night’s game: “It’s crazy.’’

The Knicks are clicking again. They posted their second straight blowout by 30-plus points, winning two straight games for the first time this season, and the first time since the first round of the playoffs last season against Boston.

They recovered from a lousy start to toast the Magic, 121-83, at the Garden, where they received a standing ovation in the closing seconds. The Knicks’ seven-game home losing streak at the Garden is over after not having won here since opening night on Oct. 30.

Iman Shumpert, who said before the game he was “pissed at the world,’’ made the highlight play. He took out his recent frustrations about trade speculation and losing on the Garden rim with a vicious, right-handed slam on former St. John’s star Mo Harkless late in the third quarter that put the Knicks ahead 79-63.

When asked after the victory what he’s mad at, Shumpert said “everything,’’ mentioning the media.

“The losing, I don’t like losing,’’ Shumpert added. “I felt like people were laughing at my team and I don’t like it.’’

The Knicks may have also benefitted from a color change. The orange alternate jerseys were originally placed in the Knicks lockers before the game but were later replaced by the standard home whites. The Knicks are 0-5 in orange, but a team spokesman said the orange jerseys are supposed to be worn just for weekend home games and a mistake had been made.

The Knicks, who broke their nine-game losing streak with a win in Brooklyn on Thursday, are now 5-13. Incredibly, they are just 2 ½ games out of first place in the Atlantic Division behind Boston, which visits the Garden for a Sunday noon matinee.

“We’re trying to win every game right now,’’ Shumpert said. “We know we dug ourselves a hole. Now we’re trying to dig ourselves out.’’

Carmelo Anthony notched his 10th double-double of the season, matching his total all of 2012-13. He finished with a super-efficient 20 points on 10 shots, grabbing 11 rebounds in 30 minutes to lead seven players in double figures.

In saying he’s trying something “a little different,’’ Anthony shot 6 of 10. It is only the second time in his career he has notched 20 while taking 10 or fewer shots. Anthony was 8 of 9 from the free-throw line.

“Everybody is just doing their job and having fun doing it once again,’’ said Anthony, who called the franchise “a laughingstock’’ Wednesday. “We got tired of losing. Whether we figured everything out in two games, that’s yet to come but we’ll take these two wins the way we’ve been winning these last two. Defensively, offensively, everybody is on the same page,’’

The Knicks finished 17 of 34 from the 3-point line for their second straight bang-up outing from downtown. Woodson said before the game the prior two practices leading into the game against the Nets were dedicated to 3-point shooting.

Have the Knicks turned it around for good?

“It’s still early,’’ said J.R. Smith, who scored 17 points with six rebounds. “We won two games in a row. We’re not going to get complacent yet. We’re still trying to get back to .500 and move on from there.’’

Woodson is already talking about repeating as division champs.

“It’s crazy,’’ Woodson said. “When you look at it, it really is [crazy]. Nobody’s tearing it up. We sit here … 2 ¹/₂ games out of first place. As coach, my job is to preach to our team, we still have chance to get another division title. We got to believe it. You look at some other divisions. They’re seven, eight, nine games out of first place. That’s an uphill climb.’’

Raymond Felton had a solid game and looks healthy once again. He scored 14 points with five a.ssists and four rebounds.

Metta World Peace capped the Knicks’ late third-quarter surge with a buzzer-beating short jumper after cutting into the lane, and the Knicks took a 20-point bulge, 89-69, into the fourth quarter — a lead that grew to as many as 41.

World Peace, out of the rotation the previous two games, was inserted because Amar’e Stoudemire elected not to attempt to play his first back-to-back of the season. World Peace scored 12 points.

“It’s back to playing like I knew we could play,’’ Woodson said. “[The bench] was huge. I can’t say this loud enough.’’

Orlando got off to a 15-5 start, with the sensational rookie point guard Victor Oladipo hitting two 3-pointers and blocking an Anthony layup attempt in the opening minutes. But after allowing Orlando to hit six of its first seven shots, the Knicks rallied and weren’t to be stopped.

“We’re just getting back to our old selves, running our opponent, getting stops,’’ Smith said.
 3 years ago '04        #10586
space
space
Brian Windhorst

NEW YORK -- In the middle of a letdown start to the season with a guaranteed dose of uncertainty to follow, there is one thing the New York Knicks can count on.

Carmelo Anthony is going to do what is best for Carmelo Anthony.

Not the team he's on, not the team he's planning to be on, but himself. He isn't the first player (and won't be the last) to look out for No. 1, but it's a clear principle to constantly keep in mind when examining Anthony's future.

This week, Anthony had to deny reports that he'd already decided he was going to leave the Knicks in free agency next summer. He said he's not even thinking about next summer.

There's no reason not to take Anthony at his word; he probably hasn't made up his mind. But also realize that at some point he is going to, and those choices will not be based on what he can do to help the Knicks a.ssemble a championship roster.

This is what Anthony does.

If the Knicks do not turn around their season when Tyson Chandler returns from injury, you can expect the Anthony issue to become a monster heading toward the February trade deadline. Because if Anthony doesn't think the Knicks are best for him over the next five years, he will make it an issue and possibly force a trade again if he thinks that would be best for him.

The Knicks, sources say, have zero intention of trading Anthony no matter what he says about next summer. Not only did owner Jim Dolan personally seal the deal to bring Anthony to New York, but the front office realizes it has one of the most talented players in the league and won't be able to get fair value in return.

Dolan's Knicks have never made rebuilding trades, and they're sure as heck not going to start with the biggest star they've had since Patrick Ewing. And there's no questioning Anthony is such a star. He was the engine for their 54-win season in 2012-13 and is the biggest reason Madison Square Garden keeps selling out despite huge ticket-price hikes. Give him this: From a monetary standpoint, Anthony is an excellent return on investment. But from a championship team standpoint, that is a different conversation, and it isn't one that will take place with Anthony and the Knicks anytime soon.

The only team that can offer Anthony a five-year max contract next summer is the Knicks. That gives them about a $30 million advantage. That is the team's best chip in the negotiation.

Anthony's history is simple; he does not leave money on the table. When Dwight Howard had the same choice last summer, he left the Los Angeles Lakers and took a four-year deal for less with the Houston Rockets because he felt they were a better team. As Howard put it: "I'm betting $30 million on it." Anthony has never been a betting man.

In 2006, when contemporaries LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh signed three-year contract extensions so they could be free agents in 2010, Anthony was unwilling to take the risk of leaving nearly $20 million in guaranteed money on the table. He took the full five-year maximum salary, thank you.

In 2011, when he was frustrated he hadn't been a free agent in 2010, Anthony demanded a trade from the Denver Nuggets and essentially demanded that the trade be to the Knicks. He could have easily waited until he became a free agent the following summer and signed with the Knicks, but he was concerned that potential changes in the new collective bargaining agreement might cost him money. There was the risk that by waiting until he became a free agent, Anthony might lose a few million in guaranteed money. He was not interested in that, and his agents did a good job of forcing the trade to get him what he wanted.

If you need to be reminded, the Knicks traded the bulk of their roster and a major chunk of their future flexibility to get Anthony in February 2011 instead of signing him outright in December after the lockout ended. Essentially, that's why they're stuck with Amar'e Stoudemire's contract now and why their draft pick this year is headed to Denver no matter where it falls.

Anthony did it so he could sign a contract extension under those more favorable terms with the Knicks immediately after the trade. For their willingness to break off half their roster to acquire Anthony, what did the Knicks get? Two extra years. That's it. And that time frame is nearing its end.

This season always promised to be intriguing for Anthony because he only promised the Knicks those two extra seasons. But instead of at least playing it out, Anthony announced in the preseason that he intends to opt out of his contract next summer no matter what. It wasn't helpful to the team, but that has never been Anthony's prerogative when it comes to the business aspect.

He knows that by maximizing what will probably be his last big contract, he will set himself up to be the NBA's highest-paid player once Kobe Bryant's newly minted deal expires in 2016. Anthony may not have the rings that his 2003 draft-class brethren have, but among them, he's gotten the biggest paychecks from his teams.

Bottom line on all of this: Don't expect Anthony to change his stripes. It has always been all personal business -- whether it's getting the Knicks to get rid of a player who cramps his style (read Jeremy Lin) or forcing a trade to best suit his earning potential, you can count on Anthony.

In a way, such transparency is refreshing.
 3 years ago '04        #10587
space
space
Looks like the rumors might be a reality... Raptors are working on a package that'll send Kyle Lowry to NYK
 3 years ago '08        #10588
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,885 | Props total: 5636 5636
So we gonna end up giving up another 1st round pick for this dude
 3 years ago '07        #10589
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,892 | Props total: 181 181
we better not give up no one... I'd rather keep Felton, hold him out for a month, and let him get 110% healthy with that pinched nerve. We need to give Toure some spins like Jeremy Lin. What's the worst that can happen? We win some, lose some? Better than giving up another pick or Timmy Jr or Iman or Ron Ron
 3 years ago '04        #10590
space
space
Berman

Mike Woodson said Amar’e Stoudemire will be out “a while’’ because of knee swelling. Stoudemire denied the a.ssertion and tweeted he’s not even injured and his “knees feel great.’’

The Knicks are such a certifiable mess nobody can agree on anything. It is clear Stoudemire and the Knicks medical staff have conflicting agendas.

The day after a gut-wrenching home loss to the Wizards, Woodson revealed unsolicited Tuesday and at the end of his post-practice press conference Stoudemire “is going to be out awhile, he won’t play tomorrow.’’ Woodson began to walk away when The Post asked what was wrong and the Knicks coach said Stoudemire’s “knee swelled a little bit.’’

According to a source, Stoudemire was angered there was speculation about a future surgery and unleashed a defiant tweet to claim he doesn’t consider himself injured.

All this on the eve of the return of center Tyson Chandler, an event Woodson has been pointing to as he tries to save his job. Stoudemire didn’t fly with the team to Milwaukee, but Chandler is gearing up to play his first game since Nov. 5.

“Fans, IM NOT INJURED,” Stoudemire tweeted. “Just wanted u to know I’m ONLY stay’n back bc of 6 games n 9 days with bk2-bks. Body & Knees feel great!’’

That seems to indicate this will be one-game absence, that he was not going to Milwaukee but could return Saturday against Memphis. That is, if the medical staff allows it. Woodson’s “awhile,” though, seems to indicate otherwise.

The Knicks did not put Stoudemire on their injury report and would not give a timetable for his return, but said Stoudemire was not undergoing tests. Stoudemire has undergone three knee surgeries in the past 14 months.

He appeared to be limping in the second half Monday night during a brutal performance in which he shot 1-of-7 in 19 minutes

If the Knicks were trying to deflect attention from Woodson’s boneheaded decision not to call a timeout before the Knicks’ final possession in Monday night’s 102-101 loss to the Wizards, a gaffe that has him on thin ice again, they succeeded — at least temporarily.

Stoudemire already overrode the medical staff’s decision he sit out last Saturday’s game against Atlanta, which was the Knicks’ fourth game in five nights. Stoudemire was told he couldn’t play, but later convinced the medical staff to let him go.

Stoudemire had played six games in the previous nine days and went through a four-games-in-five-nights stretch ending Saturday. Last March he needed his second knee debridement surgery of the season after a stretch of four games in five nights.

The Post had reported Stoudemire was shut down all summer by the medical staff. It was subsequently reported he had a minor cleanup procedure in July. The team did not announce it, at Stoudemire’s request.

Stoudemire has always been super optimistic about his health and earlier this week he said he had “more faith’’ this season than last season.

Woodson likely would have already been canned if the Knicks weren’t in such injury chaos. The team officially announced Kenyon Martin would be lost at least two weeks with an abdominal strain. They are missing their top two point guards in Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni, who broke his toe in Monday’s loss.

Their point guards are Beno Udrih and rookie Toure’ Murry, and a rusty Chandler is expected to suit up Wednesday without much backup help.

Because of his troubled knees, Stoudemire began the season on a 10-minute restriction and playing every other game. He wasn’t cleared to play back-to-back games until last week.

Woodson has never been a fan of the minutes restrictions and clearly wasn’t happy to learn he wouldn’t have Stoudemire in Milwaukee and perhaps longer.
 3 years ago '04        #10591
space
space
Berman

Knicks coach Mike Woodson was hoping Carmelo Anthony would turn into Joe Johnson, the current Nets guard who has a reputation for taking and making game-winning shots.

Woodson, who coached Johnson in Atlanta, denied he had a brain freeze after Bradley Beal scored on a layup to put the Wizards ahead of the Knicks by a point with 6.9 seconds Monday night, providing another rationale for not calling a timeout. Part of him was hoping Anthony could stun the Wizards defense and win the game. But Anthony slowly brought the ball upcourt and had to force a 3-point heave at the buzzer that smacked off the side glass.

Woodson admitted after the 102-101 heartbreaker Monday night he should’ve called timeout, but on Tuesday he explained a bit more why he hadn’t.

Though some speculated the mishandling of the end of the game could have led to Woodson’s firing Tuesday, the club is in too much of an injury crisis for that to take place. Management clearly wants to see what the team does with center Tyson Chandler back in the lineup.

“I’m going to be honest,’’ Woodson said. “I’ve let games go like that. In Atlanta, I let a couple of games where I didn’t call a timeout because they weren’t set. We threw it in and Joe Johnson was able to dribble down and hit a winning shot. Was I thinking that at the time? Well, when Beno [Udrih] stepped out and Melo begged for it and he threw it to him, I didn’t stop the play. I let it go on. I should’ve called a timeout, taking it out of their hands and advance the basketball [to halfcourt], but I didn’t.’’

Woodson’s preference was to call timeout the moment the ball sailed through the net to advance it to halfcourt. But even after Anthony touched it, Woodson could have called a timeout. A second timeout would then have advanced it to halfcourt. The Knicks had three timeouts left.

Anthony’s late-game confidence has been lacking this season. Anthony had made just one of his past 17 shots on game-tying or game-winning shots in the final 30 seconds. Anthony was once known as one of the best closers in the game, but Johnson, now with the Nets, has surpassed him.

Woodson said the club watched film of the final 24 seconds that doomed it.

“Bad coaching, we made a lot of bad mistakes coming down the stretch,” Woodson said. “Happens sometimes. I don’t mean it in a blowoff way. We didn’t take a foul like I should’ve. I didn’t call time out. I can’t go back and get it. I got to learn from it and we got to learn from it as a team.’’

Woodson never considered not showing the awful tape that became national news and an example of his team’s dysfunction.

“Good or bad, we are always going to watch tape,’’ Woodson said. “I never let anything go unnoticed. There was enough blame to go around for everybody.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10592
space
space
Berman

The Knicks made a foray into the Omer Asik sweepstakes and had discussions with the Rockets and a third team about a three-way swap, an NBA source told The Post. But the source said the Knicks are likely to fall short of obtaining the Houston 7-footer who has asked to be traded.

Asik, who makes $5.5 million this season, is an obvious fit as the Knicks are thin and injury-wracked up front with Kenyon Martin and Amar’e Stoudemire both risks, but have a glut of shooting guards. The Knicks are willing to deal Iman Shumpert — whose stock has fallen a bit in recent weeks — and Metta World Peace. J.R. Smith is the lone prominent Knick who can’t be traded until Jan. 15 under a quirk in the collective bargaining agreement.

The Rockets want to move Asik by Thursday, the deadline when players obtained in a trade can still be moved again at February’s trade deadline. Yahoo! Sports has reported Philadelphia, Atlanta, Boston and Cleveland are frontrunners for Asik.
 3 years ago '04        #10593
space
space
Berman

Welcome to New York, Andrea!

The Knicks won, but Bargnani lost Wednesday in Milwaukee. His reputation as a robotic player with a low basketball IQ has now come south across the Canadian border courtesy of the last two games.

Bargnani is not the reason the Knicks are 8-17. J.R. Smith, Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert have had significantly worse seasons. Bargnani has at least stayed healthy. But there is nothing more frustrating and bitter than watching him play on a daily basis — a 7-foot walking, talking enigma. The Italian Scallion, if you will.

Some nights his jumper is pure as gold, looking like the finesse secondary scorer Carmelo Anthony desperately hoped to add in the offseason. Sometimes his post defense is solid, with contested and blocked shots.

And then there were the last two games against Washington and Milwaukee. That’s when you want to pull the hair out of your head as some guys on the Knicks bench looked to want to do Wednesday night in the final seconds of the first overtime.

Mike Woodson, coaching to save his job, would have torn out the hair in his head, too, if he had any. Woodson said on his ESPN New York radio show Thursday he didn’t say a word to Bargnani after the play, but planned on discussing the matter soon.

“I think you can feel his frustrations walking off the floor,’’ Woodson said. “The timing wasn’t right. The kid feels bad enough, me beating him over the head, I’m going to have a conversation with him sometime [Thursday] about what was you’re thinking.’’

After 25 games in New York, it’s no surprise to see why Bargnani became the poster boy for Toronto’s failures the last five seasons. The Knicks, knowing Amar’e Stoudemire was hit and miss, were desperate this offseason to give Anthony some major scoring help in Melo’s contract year.

A desperate James Dolan took a gamble, with the blessing of CAA, the superagency that represents Anthony, J.R. Smith, Chris Smith and Mike Woodson. It’s not as if the Knicks gave up a king’s ransom: Steve Novak has fallen off the map in Canada; Marcus Camby is all but retired; Dolan can buy back two second-round picks if he wants. And it will be three years before Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri knows what he’s got with the Knicks’ 2016 first-round pick.

But Dolan wants to know what they have and still doesn’t. The Knicks are trying to exorcise the demons from Bargnani’s Toronto stint and this week proved they haven’t.

Woodson, who bragged over the summer he would turn Bargnani’s career around, has a ways to go. a.ssistant coaches Jim Todd, Herb Williams and Darrell Walker have been in Bargnani’s ear as well.

Bargnani got a free pass for Monday’s timeout fiasco. Woodson got raked over the coals, but if Bargnani had executed the defensive rotation and trapped a driving Bradley Beal, there may have been no need for a timeout.

There was no escaping the wrath from fans after Wednesday’s miscue, despite the double-OT win. After Tyson Chandler grabbed that offensive rebound off Anthony’s miss and flung it back to the big Italian with the Knicks up two, Bargnani, his mind in Milan and not Milwaukee, mindlessly launched a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left despite a new 24-second clock.

Chandler ran over and barked at him before realizing that wasn’t the best strategy for the sensitive big man. Then he told him his teammates they will get the win for him.

Bargnani called it “a mistake’’ three times after the game but didn’t expand. It’s not in his reserved nature.

The display showed Bargnani’s head is not in the game entirely. He’s not a thinking man’s basketball player. His quotes to the press usually lack any insight. There are nights he can’t get his jumper to fall and he passes up open looks to drive into traffic, but he’s not a finisher around the rim. After Bargnani misses an open look, his teammates sag on defense in the ensuing possession. The Wall Street Journal found 60.3 percent of Bargnani’s misses outside the paint result in scores on the other end — third-highest in the NBA.

Bargnani’s standard offensive numbers — 14.8 points per game on 44.8 percent shooting — are not bad. He hasn’t missed a game. But there’s something missing, and Woodson’s coaching staff can’t figure it out.

Chandler has already made a big difference in one night with an outstanding return in Milwaukee — making every key defensive play in the first overtime before Bargnani’s goof. This column should be about Chandler and the impact he has already made. Instead, it’s about Bargnani, who in eight days visits Toronto for his first regular-season game there as a Knick. Those Raptors fans can tell you he may forever leave you wanting for more.
 3 years ago '04        #10594
space
space
Nate Taylor

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Noon games on weekends are a rarity for the Knicks. This season, they have also been a disaster. When the Knicks played the San Antonio Spurs on Nov. 10 at that early starting time, they lost by 31 points. When they tried again a month later against the Boston Celtics, they lost by 41.

Adding to the embarrassment, both games were played at Madison Square Garden, before a lot of speechless fans and a very bewildered-looking Mike Woodson. With a third noon start at the Garden looming on Saturday, this time against the Memphis Grizzlies, Woodson planned to have the entire team spend Friday night in a hotel in the hope that everyone would get a good night’s sleep.

The goal is for the Knicks to play with more focus and energy Saturday than they did against the Spurs and the Celtics.

“I’m not going to let them hang out,” Woodson, who has faced growing criticism, said of his players at the team’s practice on Friday. “We’re going to be together.”

That Woodson felt compelled to take such a step and institute what amounted to a bed check of sorts for his woebegone 8-17 team could hardly be seen in a positive light. But even worse, Woodson tried the same tactic before the Boston blowout, to no avail.

Carmelo Anthony was the one who disclosed to reporters Friday that the Knicks had bunked down in a hotel on Saturday night, Dec. 7, only to fall behind the Celtics, 34-11, after one quarter the next afternoon.

“Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t,” Anthony said about the hotel strategy. “We’ll see about that tomorrow. I don’t think it will have anything to do with whether we stay in a hotel or not, but that’s what Coach wants us to do.”

In the game against San Antonio, the Spurs scored 10 points before the Knicks made a single basket. In the Boston game, the Celtics began the first quarter with an 18-1 run. Both the Spurs and the Celtics moved the ball on offense, scored in transition and played consistent defense for long stretches, none of which the Knicks did. In both games, plenty of fans fled the Garden in the second half, looking to do something else with their afternoon.

Even in a season in which the Knicks have so often been disappointing, the two matinee fiascos were hard to explain. On Friday, Anthony tried. “When you have them early morning games, you start thinking too much,” he said. “Should you go to sleep early? Should you get this amount of rest? I think it’s all mental.”

Usually, it is the other 29 N.B.A. teams that would seem vulnerable to an early weekend start at the Garden; it is their players who would seemingly be tempted into staying out late and sampling New York’s night life. Coincidence or not, the Knicks went 12-3 last season in weekend afternoon games at home.

But nothing about this season has gone quite right. The Knicks are 0-6 in their orange alternate jerseys — which they happened to wear in the Celtics and Spurs games — and it is not clear when, and if, they will dare to put them on again. And then there are the mental miscues.

In a loss at the Garden on Monday, the Knicks allowed an easy layup that put the Washington Wizards ahead by 1 point with seven seconds to go and then failed to call a timeout to set up a final play. On Wednesday, the Knicks nearly lost to the woeful Milwaukee Bucks because Andrea Bargnani fired up a 3-point attempt even though the Knicks had a 2-point lead, the ball and a chance to run out the clock.

Woodson acknowledged on Friday that it was not just lack of sleep that had caused the Knicks’ problems this season. Still, he said, he would put everyone under one roof Friday night and see if it helped.

And what time would be bedtime?

“I think 10,” Anthony said with a laugh. “That’s what I’m hearing.”

REBOUNDS

Perhaps now, looking back, Mike Woodson used the wrong phrase Tuesday when he said Amar’e Stoudemire would “be out a while” after it was revealed that Stoudemire had a swollen knee. Stoudemire, who did not play in Wednesday’s game against Milwaukee, said Friday that he would play in Saturday’s game and that he was not opposed to sitting out periodically.
 3 years ago '04        #10595
space
space
hypothetical

if ur the GM do you try and acquire Bynum using Amar'e to either keep him for the season or buy him out or u don't even bother since u don't need another knucklehead in the locker room? i hate Bynum with a passion but i could fu*k with that contract
 3 years ago '07        #10596
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,382 | Props total: 277 277
 Born_Loser said:
hypothetical

if ur the GM do you try and acquire Bynum using Amar'e to either keep him for the season or buy him out or u don't even bother since u don't need another knucklehead in the locker room? i hate Bynum with a passion but i could fu*k with that contract
knicks need a point guard more than anything, woodson made some great decisions last year it seems like somethings changed about him idk what it is but shumpert or hard way should have been tried at the point a long time ago we have nothing to lose now

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10597
space
space
 Funeral James said:
knicks need a point guard more than anything, woodson made some great decisions last year it seems like somethings changed about him idk what it is but shumpert or hard way should have been tried at the point a long time ago we have nothing to lose now
Yeah I know we need a pg, I'm just asking for both a roster spot and some extra pocket change
 3 years ago '04        #10598
space
space
Berman

Metta World Peace said one of the reasons he has decided on a blood-spinning therapy known as platelet-rich-plasma Jan. 6 is because it was recommended by a handful of players, including Amar’e Stoudemire.

Stoudemire never has publicly revealed he had PRP on his knees, but World Peace said it’s true.

World Peace also said Kenyon Martin has had a similar procedure. World Peace won’t play on the Texas triangle trip and said he will sit out two weeks after the procedure. meaning he should be back around Jan. 20.

Kobe Bryant and Alex Rodriguez are the two most famous athletes to recently undergo the therapy, which can help with arthritis. World Peace, according to a source, has an arthritic left knee that needed to be drained Monday for the fourth time since the regular season began.

“I spoke to Kenyon and Amar’e about it, and they’re still playing,” World Peace said. “Ama’re played a good game in Toronto [Saturday] and everybody expected him to not have a good season. I think he’s playing well when he gets minutes. Who knows, maybe the PRP did work for him.”

According to a source, Stoudemire had the PRP two years ago and not in July, when he said in training camp he had a “minor procedure” on his knee but didn’t specify.

The PRP procedure, mostly done outside the U.S., is not considered standard practice. Experts say too little medical evidence exists. But World Peace sounded desperate after his knee swelled up again after playing just five minutes vs. Toronto on Friday because the club was shorthanded. He has missed four of the past five games.

“If you think about it, those medical people are kind of weird,” World Peace said. “If they don’t make money on something, you know how those medical people are.

“Some people believe in it. Some players say they like it. That’s my only option here. I could either do that or still sit out. I’m sitting out anyway. I might as well get it done. It’s been two weeks I haven’t been playing, for the most part. Another week, then two weeks after that. Either time off helps heal or that PRP helps heal, we’ll never know. I don’t want to leave any options on the table.’’

Coach Mike Woodson ruled out point guards Raymond Felton (groin) and Pablo Prigioni (broken toe) for the three-game Texas trip that starts Thursday in San Antonio. Woodson said they would have needed one practice. Beno Udrih and impressive youngster Tour’e Murry will man the point guard position. Prigioni had hoped to be back Thursday. … Carmelo Anthony (sprained ankle) is progressing. He did “a little contact” at Tuesday’s practice, Woodson said. Anthony may decide to play just one of the two games in the upcoming Spurs-Rockets back-to-back.
 3 years ago '04        #10599
space
space
Berman

The Chris Smith Era ended Tuesday, Jeremy Tyler practiced and coach Mike Woodson promised there would be no friction between J.R. Smith and the Knicks’ new 6-foot-10 big man.

The Knicks announced Tyler, who was the last cut of training camp, re-signed with the club after averaging 18 points, 10 rebounds on 48 percent shooting in six games with Erie of the D-League.

Chris Smith, J.R.’s brother, was cut to make room on the 15-man roster. In a controversial move that raised eyebrows across the league, the unproven point guard was kept as 15th man on the roster in late October with Tyler rehabbing from a broken left foot.

But the controversy continued as Smith was about to be waived. J.R. posted an Instragram message in which he quoted a mob movie: “You know the sad thing about betrayal? It never comes from an enemy.”

That was an inauspicious greeting for Tyler, the vibrant big who impressed brass during the Las Vegas Summer League and figures to get a crack at energizing the Knicks’ lackluster rebounding unit.

The mercurial struggling shooting guard probably didn’t realize his message could be seen as anti-team. The locker room already isn’t as tight as last season, and the Knicks have fallen to 9-21.

It remained a sensitive topic Tuesday. J.R. Smith walked off the gym floor toward a side exit, avoiding reporters moments after a Knicks public-relations executive whispered in his ear. Smith is not eligible to be traded until Jan. 15 under a quirky bylaw in the CBA.

Smith had spent 30 minutes extra as the last man on the court, doing drills with shooting coach Dave Hopla and a.ssistants Jim Todd and Herb Williams.

Asked if Tyler’s presence could cause friction with J.R., Mike Woodson said, “I’m not even going to address that. Bottom line within our clique, we’re on the same page. We appreciated again the work Chris put in for our ballclub. He’ll land on his feet. He’s young enough if he continues to work hard.’’

According to a source close to the situation, Chris Smith is undecided about his future. The source said he may sit out a while to “weigh his options.’’ He will need to be picked up by a D-League team off the waiver wire to resume action. Smith had played on the Knicks D-League affiliate, Erie, before being recalled Dec. 17.

In preseason, Woodson admitted J.R. Smith’s presence and respect for the Smith family of Freehold, N.J., would be a factor in keeping Chris. Last June Chris signed up with agent Leon Rose, who also is the agent for J.R. and Carmelo Anthony, fueling rumors this could be a package deal.

Asked Tuesday at practice if it was tough to cut Smith considering his ties, Woodson said, “I got a fondness for everybody’s family on this team. I like our players, I like their families. Chris will get another opportunity if he continues to work, possibly somewhere else, possibly back here. You just never know. It’s not like he’s done.’’

The Post first reported Sunday the Knicks, looking for a youthful big man off the bench, were seriously considering signing Tyler before the Texas triangle trip, which starts Thursday in San Antonio. The Post reported Monday Chris Smith was expected to be sacrificed as a result.

“I feel I can help in the rebounding, knowing the offense, defensive rotations. Just being an all-around team player,’’ Tyler said.

After practice, Woodson said Tyler will have to earn playing time, with Kenyon Martin and Amar’e Stoudemire healthy as backup bigs. But the Knicks have plans for Tyler, otherwise they wouldn’t have gone to such an expense in bringing him back.

Though he signed for the minimum for second-year players at a prorated $775,000, with the Knicks’ luxury-tax situation, it will cost them a prorated $3.3 million.

“He’s an active kid,’’ Woodson said of Tyler’s first practice with the team. “Same things we saw in summer league. That’s why we were anxious to get him to vet camp, but unfortunately he had an injury. We got to continue to get him up to speed on what we’re doing. When he’s put in the game, he’s got to be ready to play.’’

Tyler has played part of two seasons with the Warriors and Hawks, holdings career averages of 3.6 point and 2.5 rebounds in 63 games (23 starts).
After his junior year at San Diego High School, Tyler took a circuitous route to the NBA, playing professionally in Israel (Maccabi Haifa) and Japan (Tokyo Apache) for two seasons.

“Just got [to] develop my game on and off the court, become a professional and learn how to live that lifestyle as a professional and play with guys almost at the highest level ,’’ Tyler said after practice. “It was to go learn, live in another country. I learned so much, even off the court. It was a pretty unique experience.’’
 3 years ago '07        #10600
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,382 | Props total: 277 277
Hey born what happened to that 6'9" sf that played well in camp? is he injured

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
84 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
57 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
MMA UFC finally gives Cyborg her title shot
76 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
77 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
154 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
91 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
45 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL RUMOR: Cam Newton's Benching on Sunday Night Actually Due to Strip Club In..
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy