New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
94 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '07        #10541
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,893 | Props total: 181 181
yo wtf are we doing at home???
 3 years ago '05        #10542
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 1552 1552
Trade JR Felton and THJr. Get bargnani more mins in the 4th. Hire an offensive a.ssistant please. This no. Ball movement is fu*kin retarted n*ggas just take jumpshots every possession and sh*t expecting to win...what da fu*k

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '07        #10543
space
space
on the reals though, i'm a big Felton advocate but he's missing something this yr... JR and Ray are lacking big time... Shump is being Shump, Amare & KMart can only play so much cuz of restrictions... Time to give Beno, Timmy Jr, Bargs, Artest, Pablo, Cole, and maybe Toure some minutes cuz Melo can't do it all
 3 years ago '04        #10544
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,712 | Props total: 2231 2231
Frank Isola

Iman Shumpert had a second left knee operation over the summer, the Daily News has learned, and it is unclear if the unreported surgery could affect his trade value — with the desperate Knicks trying to package Shumpert in a number of proposed deals, including one for Boston’s Rajon Rondo.

According to a source, Shumpert had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee last July that the Knicks never reported. In September, the Daily News reported that Amar’e Stoudemire had knee surgery over the summer, which the Knicks also elected not to make public.

Shumpert originally tore the ACL and meniscus in his left knee against the Miami Heat during Game 1 of the 2012 playoffs. Shumpert didn’t return until Jan. 17, 2013, and has felt soreness on several occasions, including the Knicks’ second-round playoff series against Indiana. In October, Mike Woodson cryptically said that Shumpert had “battled this summer with some of his injuries” and added that Shumpert had experienced knee pain but left it at that.

Despite missing a few days of training camp due to what the Knicks claimed was a shoulder injury, Shumpert has been available for all nine games this season but has clearly fallen out of favor with Garden chairman James Dolan and Woodson.

The Daily News reported last Wednesday that the Knicks were trying to work a deal with the Denver Nuggets that would include Shumpert and Denver power forward Kenneth Faried. There are also reports of the Knicks talking to the Sacramento Kings about a deal for Shumpert. Coincidentally, Kings forward Jason Thompson is represented by Leon Rose, the agent for Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith and Chris Smith.

The Knicks’ primary target is Rondo, Boston’s All-Star point guard who is recovering from knee surgery. The Knicks have been trying to trade Shumpert, Raymond Felton and Stoudemire in a complicated deal for Rondo but the Celtics haven’t shown much interest.

Unless the Celtics are blown away with an offer, it’s hard to imagine GM Danny Ainge trading his best player, Rondo, to the rival Knicks. When Isiah Thomas was in charge of the Knicks he tried for months to acquire Kevin Garnett from Minnesota — only to have then-T-Wolves GM Kevin McHale trade Garnett to Ainge, McHale’s former Celtics teammate.

A similar scenario involving Rondo could unfold in the coming weeks and months with the Rockets amenable to trading unhappy backup center Omer Asik. Houston could enhance its championship credentials by adding Rondo to a lineup that includes Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons. In return, the Celtics may have interest in both the 7-foot Asik and Jeremy Lin. McHale is now Houston’s head coach and Rockets GM Daryl Morey started his career in the Celtics’ front office.

The general feeling around the league is that Shumpert will be traded sooner than later, especially with Smith now starting and the Knicks looking to develop first-round pick Tim Hardaway Jr. The Knicks are off to a 3-6 start and Dolan is growing more impatient by the hour.

It’s no secret that the Knicks want to deal Stoudemire, whose bloated contract doesn’t expire until after next season. Felton’s value has never been lower, with the point guard underperforming this season. Felton has been playing with a hamstring injury.
 3 years ago '08        #10545
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,903 | Props total: 5653 5653
^i this team is a mess right now
 3 years ago '04        #10546
space
space
RealGM

The New York Knicks have a.ssigned Chris Smith to the Erie BayHawks, the team’s NBA Development League affiliate.

Smith is the eighth NBA player to be a.ssigned to his NBA D-League affiliate the season.

The a.ssignment is the first for Smith.

The Knicks do not pick up an extra roster spot with Smith in the D-League.
 3 years ago '04        #10547
space
space
Al Iannazzone

Mike Woodson is planning to change his starting lineup tomorrow night against the Pistons.

The Pistons start a Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond frontline so Woodson said he “might match to their bigness.”

It’s a safe bet that Carmelo Anthony, Andrea Bargnani and Kenyon Martin will start up front with Raymond Felton and either J.R. Smith or Iman Shumpert.

Woodson said he hasn’t decided who will be his shooting guard yet, but in all likelihood the Knicks will start their fifth lineup in the first 10 games.

Shumpert, the subject of trade rumors, doesn’t seem to be a part of the Knicks’ plans but he’s better equipped to start because of his defense. Smith hasn’t played well as a starter – he’s 7-for-34 in his last two games – and has shown he can inject life and scoring with the second unit. The Knicks need that right now.

Actually they need a lot of things because they’re 3-6 and a lack of effort – particularly after a 20-point home loss to the Hawks Saturday – was a major topic of discussion at practice today.

“Not good enough,” Woodson said. “Not good enough. And everybody’s held accountable, got to be held accountable. The effort is not where it should be because if it was we would be in a better position than we are right now and we’re not. We’ve got to all give better effort. From a coaching standpoint, from a players standpoint we’ve got to give more effort.

“I’m not here to teach effort and I think our players understand that I’m a little irritated by that because that’s something in the past that we haven’t had. Everybody can give effort. Every night that you step out on the floor, practice floor, you’ve got to be able to give effort and I’ve got to see that. And right not I’m not seeing it.”

Metta World Peace is not traveling to Detroit. Woodson said it was due to the death of World Peace’s sister. But the Knicks said World Peace is dealing with a left-knee soreness. It’s the same he knee he had surgery on with the Lakers last year. The Knicks said World Peace didn’t play Saturday because of his knee.

The Knicks sent Chris Smith down to the D-League. He’s still on the roster so they can’t add a player unless they cut someone.
 3 years ago '04        #10548
space
space
Al Iannazzone

Carmelo Anthony was asked on Monday about what he's thinking in regards to his future with the New York Knicks amid their frustrating start to the 13-14 season.

"No one should worry about me," said Anthony.

Anthony can become a free agent this offseason.
 3 years ago '07        #10549
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,384 | Props total: 277 277
start shump at the point its not rocket science

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 217 (-134) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10550
space
space
Berman

The more Carmelo Anthony rambled Saturday night, the glummer and graver he sounded. This postgame session was not made for James Dolan’s MSG Network.

Anthony may sound gloomy because he senses he wants it more than anyone else in the Knicks’ locker room. That is a problem now, going forward and this summer.

Melo had always sounded optimistic across his career before this season. In the summer of 2012 in London, Michelle Obama attended Team USA’s opener, hugged Anthony after the game and told him she loves that he always looks happy. “Keep on smiling,’’ the first lady told Anthony that afternoon.

Anthony is not smiling anymore. He has been grim and grimmer as the Knicks have dug a 3-6 hole, lowlighted by an absurd five-game home losing streak. After the Knicks were Saturday Night Dead against Atlanta in a 20-point loss, Anthony dropped the bomb he feels like the team isn’t even trying.

There’s a lot eating at Anthony and one issue eating at a lot of the players is Dolan’s medical staff’s minutes restrictions on certain guys. The Amar’e Stoudemire/Kenyon Martin conundrum is handcuffing Mike Woodson and the two players.

Dolan might as well buy Woodson a calculator for the sidelines so he can tabulate the seconds.

Rugged play off the bench from their power forward tandem of Martin and Stoudemire is desperately needed now that center Tyson Chandler, still on crutches, is out at least three more weeks. As it stands in the latest revision, Stoudemire isn’t supposed to play more than 10 minutes a night and no back-to-backs.

Stoudemire is hoping that number increases soon.

Martin’s situation eased a bit after a recent meeting between Martin’s agent, Andy Miller, and Knicks GM Steve Mills. Martin can now play in every game, with Martin making the call if he feels his ankles are too sore to play. However, Martin’s minutes restriction of 15-20 minutes is still in place.

It’s no way to run a basketball team as the Knicks medical staff tries to reinvent the wheel. Stoudemire doesn’t have a chance to get any rhythm or enough playing time to get back to close to his old form.

He’s better than he has shown. He needs a chance, and so does Martin. Both played just one preseason game, so this is almost still like the exhibition season for them.

“It’s hard for myself, hard for him to coach,’’ Stoudemire said Saturday. “By the time you get up and down and get adjusted to the speed of the game, it’s already three minutes, and then in two minutes you’re out. And if you miss a shot, it feels the world is collapsing on you because you’re expected to do so much and somewhat win the game in five minutes.”

They both need to play more because this way isn’t working. The heavy-handedness of Dolan’s medical people is not exactly the best recruiting tool for Anthony, who seems baffled by the team’s shifting starting lineups and chaotic rotations.

Anthony’s panicky remarks Saturday just may be aimed at the restrictions. Remember, Anthony came to New York to play with Stoudemire. Let them play. If Stoudemire and Martin break down, so be it. But this way isn’t working.

“There’s a nasty feeling in here,’’ Anthony said.

J.R. Smith, who also came back to a brief restriction of 30 minutes, said repeatedly if it continued, he’d just as soon not come back. That’s how much players hate the system.

There, too, is undeniably a leadership vacuum. Smith recently alluded to missing the voices of their grizzled veterans — Rasheed Wallace, Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas — from last season when the Knicks began 18-5 on the way to 54-28.

Without Chandler, Smith has been told to be “a voice’’ in the locker room. But he’s struggling so badly on Twitter and with his jumper, it’s tough to lead. Same with Raymond Felton, who has looked lousy through nine games, still not over a nagging hamstring injury.

Anthony is worried by the time Chandler returns, the Knicks not only may have lost a chance to get home-court advantage in the first round, but could find themselves f!ghting just to get into the playoffs.

Melo hasn’t found a rhythm on his jumper, but is playing his butt off every night, grinding and banging for boards. After the Knicks lost the 109-106 Houston heartbreaker and Anthony notched 25 points, an NBA personnel man on hand said, “Melo almost single-handedly beat the Rockets. That was the hardest I’ve ever seen him play. It was impressive.’’

Anthony needs help up front and there’s no reason to wait. Stoudemire and Martin need to be unleashed.
 3 years ago '04        #10551
space
space
SCOTT CACCIOLA

GREENBURGH, N.Y. — Raymond Felton was a spectator for most of Monday’s practice. He sat on a training table next to Tyson Chandler, whose fractured right leg was no longer encased in a protective boot. This counted as progress for the Knicks, whose training facility has doubled as a sanitarium this season.

Felton, the starting point guard, took the day off from contact drills as he continued to recover from a strained left hamstring. The injury has hindered him since the preseason. His shooting touch has been jagged. His defense has been worse, with opposing guards treating him like a bright orange traffic cone.

“There are certain shots that I’m used to taking and making that just aren’t falling,” Felton said. “And there are certain lateral movements that I can’t make on defense. It’s just not there. And it’s frustrating. I’m f!ghting through it.”

Felton, who is averaging 11.1 points a game and shooting 37.6 percent from the field, has also been dealing with what he described as a pinched nerve in his hip, which sends a “sharp pain” shooting down his legs, he said. He has taken medication in an attempt to ease some of the symptoms.

“Nobody’s known about that, because I don’t like making excuses,” he said. “But hopefully, the treatment kicks in, and we’ll see how it goes.”

With trade talk swirling and the pressure to win mounting, the Knicks (3-6) might be leaving town at an opportune time. Five of their next six games will be on the road, starting Tuesday night against the Detroit Pistons. The Knicks have been dreadful at Madison Square Garden, where they have lost five straight.

On Monday, Coach Mike Woodson again questioned his team’s effort. He can excuse missed shots, he said. He cannot justify an absence of focus.

“Not good enough,” he said. “I’m not here to teach effort, and I think our players understand that.”

For Felton, 29, the opening weeks of the season have been a slog. He injured his hamstring in a preseason game against the Washington Wizards on Oct. 17, and then had the muscle tighten in the regular-season opener against the Milwaukee Bucks on Oct. 30.

His play has suffered. His points per possession, a measure of offensive efficiency, are .746 over all and an anemic .672 in half-court sets, which ranks in the league’s 17th percentile, according to Synergy Sports. He is shooting 22.7 percent in fourth quarters, an indication of fatigue.

Felton has never been mistaken for the second coming of Bill Bradley. For his career, Felton is a 41.3 percent shooter. His conditioning has occasionally been cause for concern, particularly when he played for the Portland Trail Blazers in 2011-12.

Still, Felton has seldom been quite so ineffective as a scorer — or as a defender. Opposing guards are scoring 25.3 points per 48 minutes against him, according to 82games.com. Last Thursday, he was outplayed by the Houston Rockets’ Jeremy Lin, who collected 21 points, 5 rebounds and 3 a.ssists in a 109-106 win. Felton finished with 8 points and 7 a.ssists in 41 minutes. The game underscored the Knicks’ decision to let the 25-year-old Lin leave as a free agent two summers ago.

Felton has acknowledged that he has not played well. But unless Woodson gives more minutes to Pablo Prigioni or Beno Udrih, Felton will continue to play — and play a lot.

Woodson voiced his support for Felton last week when he was asked if there was an ideal type of point guard to bring out the best in Carmelo Anthony. “Raymond Felton,” Woodson said.

Ivorie Manning, a Las Vegas-based shooting coach who has worked with Felton, said he called Felton last week to see if he wanted to meet. Manning said he could sense that Felton was playing under stress.

“He just said, ‘I’m not making any excuses, but my hamstring is k!lling me,’ ” Manning said in a telephone interview. “I can tell. With me being here in town, and us not going to the gym last night, that tells me what kind of state he’s in. I know how much he likes to work, but he just wants to rest at this point. Ray is not one to rest.”

A large part of Felton’s game, Manning said, is predicated on his ability to get into the lane. Once there, Felton has two options. If he draws defenders, he can pass the ball to an open teammate under the basket. Or, if he has the space, he can come to a jump stop and launch a short floater.

In recent weeks, though, both options have been limited, Manning said. With Chandler sidelined, Felton has been operating without a reliable post presence if he penetrates and the defense collapses. And because his plant leg is injured, Felton is missing his usual explosion when he does shoot. He has converted only half his attempts within five feet of the basket.

“The last thing you want to do when you have a hamstring injury is come to a quick stop and shoot,” Manning said.

As a result, Felton has settled for more outside jumpers, with 34 of his 109 field-goal attempts coming from 3-point range.

This has not been an especially sound strategy for Felton, who has made seven of them, or 20.6 percent.

“The lift is not there,” Felton said. “But no excuses. I’ve got to figure it out.”

REBOUNDS

Metta World Peace, who did not practice Monday because of a sore left knee, will not make the trip. He was also mourning the death of a family member, Mike Woodson said. ... Center Jeremy Tyler could join the Erie BayHawks, the Knicks’ Development League affiliate, by Wednesday, according to Ivorie Manning, who has been working with him.
 3 years ago '04        #10552
space
space
Berman

DETROIT — The NBA held internal discussions about the Knicks’ decision to keep J.R. Smith’s brother, Chris Smith, on their 15-man roster and ultimately decided it was not in violation of circumventing the salary cap, The Post has learned.

On Monday, the Knicks sent Smith to their D-League affiliate in Erie, Pa. as planned, but he still is part of the 15-man roster. It has caused consternation with the fan base because the Knicks have five point guards on the roster, but were lacking in healthy big men even before Tyson Chandler’s leg injury.

The NBA began discussing the issue internally after coach Mike Woodson said before the preseason cut deadline J.R.’s presence was a factor in whether the team kept Chris Smith.

J.R. Smith was a free agent over the summer and talked about taking less money to stay with the Knicks, who could offer only the early-Bird exception that, under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, started at $5.5 million. When the undrafted Chris Smith changed agents to J.R.’s rep, Leon Rose, last spring, some in the league saw it as a “package deal.’’

But, according to a league official, the league decided Chris Smith was enough of a bona fide NBA prospect to justify the club keeping him.

“Chris has enough talent,’’ the official told The Post. “He could become an NBA player one day. Some teams do keep projects instead of players who can help right away, and Chris is one of those projects.”

Chris Smith, who played at Louisville, joined Erie’s training camp Monday after essentially being a practice player for the Knicks. He was inactive for eight games and dressed for one but didn’t play. During preseason, Chris Smith, coming off knee surgery, shot 1-of-7 from the field in 20 minutes.

While Chris Smith makes the league minimum $491,000, he is actually costing the Knicks $2.1 million when factoring in the Knicks’ luxury-tax bracket. Worse, his contract, because of a quirky addendum, became fully guaranteed on opening night.

Late last month, Woodson said J.R. Smith’s presence gave his brother a better chance of making the team.

“Sure, it does,” Woodson said at the time. “I look at [Chris] just like I look at J.R., though J.R. is the guy who played in a uniform and has been very productive for us. I have a great deal of respect for that family. That’s his brother. I respect that.’’

Smith’s inclusion on the Knicks roster led to a Twitter feud between J.R. Smith and guard Brandon Jennings of the Pistons, whom the Knicks face Tuesday in Detroit. Jennings tweeted he can’t believe Chris Smith had an NBA roster spot while his friends, Bobby Brown and Pooh Jeter, are playing in China.

J.R. Smith responded he’d send his “street homies’’ to Detroit and the NBA fined him $25,000. A league official told The Post the league viewed the tweet as “an implied threat.’’

Over the weekend, Jennings told Detroit reporters the initial tweet was meant to support his two friends, not denigrate Smith.

“Regardless if the tweet was accurate or not, sometimes maybe there are things I should discuss with the homies rather than let the world know about it,” Jennings said.
 3 years ago '04        #10553
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks forward Metta World Peace had fluid drained from his left knee Monday, league sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

World Peace will miss Tuesday's game against the Detroit Pistons. His status for Wednesday's game against the Indiana Pacers is uncertain.

World Peace missed Saturday's game against the Atlanta Hawks with left knee soreness. When the discomfort didn't subside, the team recommended that World Peace get fluid drained from his knee, sources said.

The procedure is believed to be a minor one. World Peace, 34, is expected to return to the floor by the end of the week at the latest.

It's worth noting, though, that World Peace underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus in the same knee in late March while with the Los Angeles Lakers.

He was originally expected to miss at least six weeks but returned to the court just 12 days later.

On Monday, Knicks coach Mike Woodson said World Peace would not travel with the team to Detroit due to a death in the family. His sister, Shalice Holmes-Taylor, died earlier this month.

"Our condolences goes out to his family and Metta. But he'll return soon," Woodson said.

Woodson was asked whether World Peace's knee was part of the reason for his absence, but he did not give a direct answer.

With World Peace and Tyson Chandler (fractured right fibula) out, the Knicks (3-6) figure to be compromised on defense, particularly on the interior. The Pistons feature a front line of Josh Smith (6-foot-9), Andre Drummond (6-10) and Greg Monroe (6-11). Woodson said Monday that he would consider inserting power forward Kenyon Martin into the starting lineup to give the Knicks a chance to compete with Detroit's big front line.

In other injury news, point guard Raymond Felton has been playing through hamstring soreness and, according to a report, a pinched nerve in his hip.

Felton told The New York Times that he has been taking medicine for the pinched nerve, which he said sends a shooting pain down his leg. His status for Tuesday's game against Detroit is uncertain.

If Felton can't play, backup point guard Pablo Prigioni likely will start in his place.
 3 years ago '08        #10554
AC_89 148 heat pts148
space
space
$33,903 | Props total: 5653 5653
Y does it seem like everybody on the roster is banged up or coming off a surgery
 3 years ago '04        #10555
space
space
starting 5

Udrih, Shump, Melo, K-Mart, Barg
 3 years ago '04        #10556
space
space
Berman

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Carmelo Anthony sounded as confused and dejected in Motown after this latest debacle Tuesday, but didn’t attack the team’s effort as he did after Saturday night’s loss to the Hawks. Instead, he took his aggravation out on the officiating.

Anthony heated up in the fourth quarter after a brutal first three periods. But as with this sorry season, it was too little, too late.

Anthony suffered another wayward performance as he shot 8-of-20 with seven turnovers and one technical foul. He wound up with 25 points as the Knicks lost their third straight and fell to 3-7 after a 92-86 loss to the struggling Pistons at The Palace.

“I thought effort was there at times,’’ Anthony said. “We’re losing. It’s a messed-up feeling, hurt feeling. We got to figure this out quick.’’

He then added, “As the leader of this team, I feel I could do more.”

A foul-plagued Anthony showed his frustration on the court, picking up a third-quarter technical as the game slipped away and yapped nonstop at the referees over non-calls.

“It’s kind of hard dealing with that when you think things should be going your way and they’re not,’’ Anthony said. “When you think something should be called and they’re not. I got to f!ght through that.’’

The undermanned Knicks were outclassed in the second half by the lousy Pistons (4-6). Detroit took a 15-point lead early in the fourth before Anthony led a rally, getting them within four points in the final minute.

“It’s hard to take anything positive out of anything the way we’ve been playing these games,’’ he said. “It’s not really making sense to me right now what’s really going on. Why we’re not in sync with one another. We’re losing basketball games. We’re playing in spurts as far as playing hard.’’

It was the ninth anniversary of the “Malice at the Palace” brawl and the Knicks didn’t show enough f!ght without Malice villain Metta World Peace (sore left knee), starting point guard Raymond Felton (hip) and center Tyson Chandler (broken leg).

Anthony said after the Atlanta loss Saturday, “It was like we weren’t even trying.’’

The Knicks tried in Motown. They aren’t talented enough when this undermanned, even against Detroit.

And it’s only going to get worse Wednesday when the Knicks host the 9-1 Pacers, who eliminated the Knicks in the second round of the playoffs last May. The Knicks have yet to recover. The ”Fire Woodson’’ chants could start early.

“It’s a matter of wanting it more [Wednesday],’’ Anthony said. “There’s bitter feelings. Hopefully that gives us some momentum, energy, confidence, anger.’’

Without three key pieces of the rotation and Anthony shooting 5-of-15 through three quarters, the Knicks were cooked. Anthony scored 11 points in the fourth quarter, but Detroit’s big frontcourt of Greg Monroe (16 points), Josh Smith (19) and Andre Drummond (13) was too much to handle for the Knicks, who started Kenyon Martin at center.

“We had effort, we had defense,’’ Martin said. “But sometimes you make shots, sometimes you miss.’’

Anthony shot 3-of-12 in the first half with four turnovers. His frustration boiled over in the third during a 11-3 Pistons run that broke the game open. Anthony bricked a jumper over an outstretched Josh Smith and picked up a technical foul, arguing he was fouled.

Anthony was ticked again moments later, as he drove to the hole, got fouled, and made the layup. It looked like a potential three-point play. But it was waved off and called a non-shooting foul. Anthony exited the game in a huff.

Amar’e Stoudemire also picked up a technical in the third after missing twice inside and not getting a call.

“We lost our composure a little,’’ Mike Woodson said. “Melo thought he had a three-point play, which I went back and looked at and he did.’’

Woodson declined to intentional foul Drummond during the fiourth quarter. Drummond, an inept free-throw shooter, was 1-of-5 in the game and 2-of-12 for the season.

Instead, the Knicks let Drummond hurt them on the glass with two straight putbacks. Ronald Stuckey also added 21 points.

The Knicks shot just 43.4 percent. Stoudemire blamed “a stagnant offense,’’ poor ball movement and spacing.

J.R. Smith, back to his sixth-man role, scored 18 points.

“We just have to get back to running and it’s easier for everybody,’’ Smith said. “We just have to do a better job when guys get the ball, pushing it.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10557
space
space
Berman

UBURN HILLS, Mich. — Knicks legend Walt Frazier sees once-confident Iman Shumpert now looking as if he’s not having fun.

Shumpert, who was often compared to Frazier during his rookie season because of his defense-first approach and quick hands, has fallen onto the trading block, and Frazier sees it affecting him.

“He’s always been a very confident guy,’’ Frazier told The Post before the Knicks’ 92-86 loss to the Pistons. “I think he just has to find his role. Sometimes he doesn’t look like he’s happy out here. Maybe that’s because he heard the rumors he’s being traded. But he’s very stern in his face. It doesn’t look like he’s having fun.’’

Frazier, whose documentary on his Atlanta upbringing debuted Tuesday night on MSG Network, said he could see why Knicks president Steve Mills would look to see what he can get for Shumpert, who scored 11 points and grabbed two rebounds against the Pistons.

“You look at team, he’s a valuable a.sset,’’ Frazier said. “One of the few guys they can trade. Not surprised by that.’’

“It has to be a breakout year for him. He was there as a rookie. The injury set him back, but he came back strong last year. This has to be the year he shows something.’’

As for the documentary, it was highlighted by Frazier getting emotional when talking about the segregation he grew up with in the South.

“It was my motivation, brought up like that,’’ Frazier said. “It was in my work ethic. You can’t rest on your laurels. If I scored 30 points [in high school], the next day my coach would bring me the paper where a white guy scored 40. I still had to work harder. That was the kind of way where you can never rest on what you were doing. [People] never knew how good I was because I was never in the white papers, only in the black papers.’’

Kenyon Martin has gone from a platoon system, playing every other game with a minutes restriction to starting center with no-holds barred.

Martin, who started at center down the stretch last season when the Knicks reeled off 13 straight wins, started against the Pistons and scored five points and grabbed seven rebounds in 29 minutes.

Martin, one of the grittier players in the league, said he thinks he can help the Knicks’ woeful starts defensively, and as long as his ankle holds up, could remain the starting center until Tyson Chandler (broken leg) returns in three-to-four weeks.

“We got to be more aggressive on the defensive end,’’ Martin said. “We realize we haven’t gotten off to a good start as a team. I’m hoping I can add that spark.’’

Martin can’t believe effort has been an issue with the team.

“For that to be a conversation around here, it’s a shame,’’ Martin said. “You can’t teach effort. It has to be a part of you.’’

Coach Mike Woodson said he is hoping Metta World Peace, who missed his second straight game Tuesday, returns Wednesday against the Pacers. Woodson confirmed World Peace had fluid drained from his left knee Monday.

Asked if he’s worried because World Peace had surgery on the knee last season, Woodson said, “There’s a lot of concerns right now. Again we got to coach the guys able to play.’’
 3 years ago '10        #10558
ARosary 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,846 | Props total: 1122 1122
just wanted to say

fu*k Dolan

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100%  (0) 
  Career:
 3 years ago '07        #10559
space
space
 ARosary said:
just wanted to say

fu*k Dolan
I agree... like every other Knicks fan in the world
 3 years ago '04        #10560
space
space
word the fu*k up

n*ggas like Dolan, Jerry Jones needs to just be owners and just cash the check. hire ppl in ur respective sport and let the n*ggas who KNOW the sport do their job
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wasabi thot
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
279 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 7 - Japanese Youth Have Found a Way To Marry a Person Without Dating
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - ‘Scumbag’: Internet attacks Santorum for telling Dreamer to lea..
124 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Just got the 2016 Escalade
289 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Article inside iPhones are catching fire, Apple responds
20 comments
1 day ago