New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Soulja Boy:"I was real heavy in the streets before I got famous" (GOAT ducktal..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A: I'm Not Giving The Promoter His $33,000 Back, Take That Up W..
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shia LaBeouf Victim Drake Dragged For Weed Plate 'Views' Inexplicable ..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The bible has 66 books, subtract your age, and add 50. Did you get you..
95 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10461
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,670 | Props total: 2177 2177
Berman

Jared Jeffries sitting baseline as new director of personnel for Nuggets. #Knicks offered him a scouting job.
 3 years ago '04        #10462
space
space
Berman

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Because Mike Woodson is not thrilled with how the big men invited to camp has fit into his system, the Knicks coach reiterated injured 6-foot-10 Jeremy Tyler is expected to land a roster spot.

“He’s still patiently going through rehab,’’ Woodson said. “I don’t think we kick him to the curb. We thought so much [of him] coming out of summer league. I think at least we see it through and see what he has to offer. He’s a young big. Our thought process was to try to develop him.’’

Meanwhile, the Knicks had hoped center Cole Aldrich would have adjusted to the team’s style better. That would have prompted the Knicks to waive Tyler, who is in a walking boot after undergoing foot surgery in early September. He may not be back until late November.

Aldrich hasn’t been impressive enough as the Knicks’ search for a backup center is in flux.

Interestingly, ex-Knick Jared Jeffries was on hand in his new role as personnel director with the Nuggets and had dinner at the arena with Knicks president/general manager Steve Mills. Denver reportedly is shopping power forward Kenneth Faried, who would be an incredible fit.

Aldrich did not play in Toronto Monday, but Woodson promised he would play Wednesday night at Green Bay’s Resch Center. The former Kansas standout logged 18 minutes, finishing with zero points and eight rebounds in the Knicks’ 105-95 loss to the Bucks, as they fell to 2-4.

Woodson has been disappointed with the trio of bigs, Aldrich, Ike Diogu and Josh Powell.

“I’m looking at pace and how we want our bigs to play when we play our pick-and-roll basketball,’’ Woodson said. “You got play it with pace, hit screens, get off of it and roll. [Tyson Chandler is] the only guy — and Amar’e [Stoudemire] and Kenyon [Martin] — that show pace. When they hit screens, they’re off of it and making something happen at the rim. These guys are new. We’re yelling and screaming ‘pace.’ ’’

Carmelo Anthony played 37 minutes, finished with 22 points on 8-of- 23 shooting with nine rebounds and seven a.ssists. He also picked up a technical foul for harassing a referee after a travel call.

About 25 Packers players were on hand, including Aaron Rodgers and Rockville Centre native Greg Van Roten, who wore a blue Patrick Ewing jersey. The Chaminade grad gave the Knicks staffers, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Aldrich a tour of Lambeau Field Tuesday night.

Woodson said Stoudemire and Martin came out of the first scrimmage Tuesday feeling good. They will scrimmage again Thursday. Woodson wouldn’t rule out Stoudemire and Martin playing the preseason finale Friday versus Charlotte at the reopened Garden.

“They both felt good today,’’ Woodson said. “There wasn’t a setback. That’s been positive. [Thursday] we’ll do a tough practice and scrimmage. We’ll see how they feel Friday.’’

J.R. Smith was said to have drawn interest from Milwaukee during free agency, but Bucks new coach Larry Drew denied it.

“Not to my knowledge,’’ Drew said. “There could’ve been some interest before I took the job, but his name didn’t come up.’’

The Knicks face the Bucks for real next week — Oct. 30 in the season opener at MSG.
 3 years ago '05        #10463
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,233 | Props total: 1550 1550
I heard Chris smith made the roster

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10464
space
space
 s1eepyboy said:
I heard Chris smith made the roster
just a rumor for now but god help us if he eventually does, he needs the most help
 3 years ago '04        #10465
space
space
Chris Smith made the roster
 3 years ago '04        #10466
space
space
NEW YORK, October 25, 2013 – New York Knickerbockers President and General Manager Steve Mills announced today that the team has waived forwards Ike Diogu, C.J. Leslie, Josh Powell and Jeremy Tyler and guard Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Diogu, 6-8, 255-pounds, averaged 7.2 points, on 56.7-percent shooting, and 4.0 rebounds over 16.2 minutes in six preseason games after signing as a free agent on Sep. 27.

Leslie, 6-9, 210-pounds, recorded 12 points and seven rebounds over 36 minutes in five preseason games after signing as an undrafted free agent on Jul. 8.

Powell, 6-9, 240-pounds, averaged 3.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 18.6 minutes in five preseason games after signing as a free agent on Sep. 30.

Tyler, 6-10, 250-pounds, signed as a free agent on Aug. 6, but did not appeared in the preseason due to injury.

Douglas-Roberts, 6-7, 210-pounds, recorded seven points and three a.ssists over 24 minutes in two preseason games after signing as a free agent on Oct. 2.
 3 years ago '11        #10467
King Henry 522 heat pts522
space
space
$41,171 | Props total: 4608 4608
Aldrich & Murry made it atleast
 3 years ago '04        #10468
space
space
Berman

Oh, brother.

The Knicks retained J.R. Smith’s brother Chris Smith on their 15-man roster, but in a surprise, released injured 6-foot-10 forward Jeremy Tyler.

Tyler had foot surgery in early September, and is not expected back until late November — at the earliest. Despite Mike Woodson’s sentiments, he was waived Friday along with four other players.

On Wednesday in Green Bay, Wis., Woodson said “respect” for J.R. Smith would be a factor in weighing whether to keep Chris Smith, who played just 20 minutes during the preseason. Also this week, Woodson indicated Tyler was a keeper, saying at one point he did not think the Knicks would “kick him to the curb.”

Center Cole Aldrich, a former lottery pick, survived the cut despite an up-and-down preseason, as did combo guard Toure’ Murry, who had a brilliant preseason.

In addition to Tyler, the Knicks cut forwards Ike Diogu and Josh Powell, disappointing undrafted rookie C.J. Leslie and ex-Nets swingman Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Tyler’s agent, John Baker, said he hopes Tyler will rehab his foot at the Knicks’ facilities and remain in play to rejoin the roster. Tyler would not be allowed to work out with the team and could sign with another team at any time. Chris Smith rehabbed with the Knicks last season after tearing his patella tendon and being cut.

Smith is expected to spend much of the season getting playing time in the D-League. When Tyler is healthy enough to return, the Knicks could choose to cut Aldrich or Chris Smith, whose $470,000 contract becomes guaranteed on opening night. When Smith hired his brother’s agent, CAA’s Leon Rose, in the spring, The Post reported the brothers’ free agency was seen in some league circles as a “package deal.”
 3 years ago '07        #10469
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,886 | Props total: 171 171
Jesus... lets just cut him after opening night and resign Tyler after he passes thru waivers... sigh... I guess it could be worse. At least we got to keep Toure
 3 years ago '04        #10470
space
space
 I Am The Truth said:
Jesus... lets just cut him after opening night and resign Tyler after he passes thru waivers... sigh... I guess it could be worse. At least we got to keep Toure
Tyler is hoping he can be in a similar situation as Chris was last season where the team still kept him around and put him in the D-League and sh*t but another team owns his d-league rights, shall see what happens with that
 3 years ago '04        #10471
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,465 | Props total: 1192 1192
hardaway better not chuck up 30 3's tonight that sh*t was sad the other day
 3 years ago '04        #10472
space
space
Berman

Amar’e Stoudemire and J.R. Smith were back, full of hope, and the Knicks were back at a newly transformed Garden ,full of glitter.

But the preseason ended on a dampening note as Carmelo Anthony missed a final, potential game-tying shot in the last ticks and the Knicks, who blew a 19-point first-half lead, lost to the Bobcats, 85-83. They went stone-cold in the second half, scoring just 28 points and finished 2-5 on the preseason.

Anthony finished a woeful 4 of 17 for 13 points. In his Garden debut as a Knick, Andrea Bargnani was a listless 2 of 10 and struggled on defense.

“I wasn’t in a good rhythm all night,’’ Anthony said. “I missed it. I’ll take it again. That was the play — try to get the ball up top and find an open spot and hopefully the ball goes in.’’

But it didn’t, and the Knicks have four days off to prepare for their season opener against the Bucks at the Garden on Wednesday.

The good news is Stoudemire and Smith looked fine in their limited preseason debuts coming off knee surgeries. Kenyon Martin also made his preseason debut after resting his chronic ankle issue.

Stoudemire was 3 of 4 from the field and finished with six points in 12 minutes, scoring all of his buckets on powerful low-post moves he learned from Hakeem Olajuwon in the summer of 2012.

“It’s a great feeling to be out there,” he said. “My total body is much stronger than it was.’’

Stoudemire’s scheduled stint with Olajuwon this past summer was dashed when he had minor knee surgery in July and the team chose to shut him down until training camp. Nevertheless, he looked sharp.

“I was very impressed with what Amar’e was able to do on the court,’’ Anthony said. “It was good to see them guys healthy. Our health is always a big key to our success. Those three will be big piece to the puzzle.’’

Smith’s highlight came when he sank a 35-footer at the third-quarter buzzer just past halfcourt and windmilled his right arm. Smith scored 11 points in 12:56 — on a minutes restriction.

“I wanted to play more minutes,’’ Smith said. “Unfortunately I couldn’t. I was on restrictions. They told me they’d play me 10, 15 minutes. It was hard to comprehend. It’s telling the pitbull not to bite the burger.’’

Anthony played for 34:22 and his shooting declined as the preseason wore on. He shot just 36 of 96 in the preseason.

Before his last-second miss from the left of the key off an inbounds pass, Anthony missed a final-minute baseline fadeaway. On the next possession, Iman Shumpert was in and out on a corner 3-pointer after Bargnani passed up shooting an open look with 28 seconds remaining.

Before his last-second miss from the left of the key off an inbounds, Anthony missed a final-minute baseline fadeaway. On the next possession, Iman Shumpert was in and out on a corner 3-pointer after Bargnani passed up shooting an open look with 28 seconds remaining.

“I thought we played in spurts,’’ Woodson said. “You’re up 19 and you get comfortable and relaxed and not play the way you got the 19-point lead.’’

Because of the frequent road trips to places such as Providence, R.I., Manchester, N.H., and Green Bay, Wis., Anthony said the preseason was disjointed.

“It was different,’’ Anthony said. “We’ve been on the road this whole preseason. To finally be on our homecourt and have just one preseason game, believe it or not, it was tough for us. Throughout the whole preseason, we had only five days here. We never had chance to adjust here. But that’s over now. The real deal starts and this new journey begins.’’

Unfortunately for the Knicks, the journey starts without Smith, who will start serving his five-game marijuana suspension, and without any momentum after blowing a 19-point lead to lowly Charlotte.
 3 years ago '04        #10473
space
space
MSG from 2-4

Melo, Smitty, Chandler & Iman will be there and signing autographs to the first 150 ppl who buy the new orange jersey
 3 years ago '04        #10474
space
space
Ama're & Metta will be at the Footlocker on 34th from 2:30-4:30
 3 years ago '04        #10475
space
space
Can meet LJ, Starks and the NY dancers tomorrow from 11-1
 3 years ago '08        #10476
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,878 | Props total: 5600 5600

[video - click to view]

I dont understand how everybody slobbing the nets and bulls nets added 40 yr old kg and slow a.ss pierce with a rookie coach i do like the Kirilenko move their bench is a lil better but still they didnt do enough to say oh this team has a legit shot to win a championship and yes the bulls have rose back but dude is coming off acl surgery everybody seems to forget that tho i think they'll miss nate rob a little too he helped them out alot off the bench last year but whatever its probably better for the knicks to fly under the radar

Last edited by AC_89; 10-26-2013 at 11:08 PM..
 3 years ago '05        #10477
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,233 | Props total: 1550 1550
@dj ac

Do not underestimate the bulls. They played great without him and he's had a year to heal...acl repairs get better every year so I don't expect him to injure it again. We will see tho, barring injuries...I expect bulls to be #1 seed or 2

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10478
space
space
Berman

Injured center Jeremy Tyler, cut controversially by the Knicks Friday to make room for J.R. Smith’s brother, Chris Smith, is still rehabbing at the Knicks’ Westchester training facility as the club engages Golden State in talks to obtain his D-League rights, The Post has learned.

The 6-10 Tyler, who had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his left foot in early September, is not expected to be able to play until December. The Knicks are hoping when he gets healthy, the Las Vegas summer-league sensation can play for the Knicks’ D-League affiliate, Erie, then possibly be re-signed if his foot hasn’t hampered him.

But Tyler’s rights are owned by the Warriors’ affiliate, Santa Cruz. The Knicks and Warriors have to work out a deal to transfer Tyler’s rights. If they don’t, Tyler cannot continue to rehab with the Knicks and would have to play in Santa Cruz if he signs a D-League deal.

The Knicks can still re-sign Tyler in December if he’s playing for Santa Cruz, but they prefer to keep tabs on him closer to home and in their D-League system. Tyler has already made $200,000 from the Knicks because his deal was partially guaranteed.

If Tyler is re-signed in December, the Knicks may cut either Smith or center Cole Aldrich. Smith will have already made all of his $492,000 minimum contract – which becomes fully guaranteed Monday night at 5 p.m. when rosters are finalized because of an odd quirk in his pact.

Smith is expected to play most of the season in Erie. If the Knicks cut him in December, he can still play with Erie as an NBA free agent, but he can’t practice or work out with the Knicks.
 3 years ago '04        #10479
space
space
Berman

After Saturday’s Knicks practice at the Garden, a reporter looking for a story asked players if they felt slighted or motivated by the club being a consensus pick as fifth seed in the Eastern Conference.

As former Suns general manager Steve Kerr said on last week’s TNT conference call, “I think they are a significant step below the four teams ahead of them: Miami, Chicago, Indiana and Brooklyn.’’

Significant? The players gave vanilla responses, Tyson Chandler saying he “couldn’t care less where people have us.’’

What Chandler should have said was he’s not surprised at falling expectations because the Knicks’ owner, James Dolan, four days before training camp, fired the general manager, Glen Grunwald, who had built the roster top to bottom. Of course, that response would have gotten Chandler exiled to Sacramento.

When Carmelo Anthony was asked what he thought of the “so-called experts,” he said “So-called. Great title.’’

And that brings us to the GM survey the NBA website distributed last week. All 30 league GMs were polled in 56 categories. Either the executives boycotted the Knicks for their mishandling of the popular Grunwald or they just don’t think the club that finished 54-28 last season is in the championship conversation any longer.

The results, down to all the minor categories, were stunning in the lack of a Knicks presence. Even coach Mike Woodson was shut out.

Perhaps the new, young GMs are clinging to their beloved computer analytics — with ESPN’s simulation having the Knicks at a laughable 37 victories.

“I really don’t know,’’ Anthony said of fifth-place predictions. “Maybe they see something we don’t see.”

This can’t be totally shocking to Dolan, although getting shunned in one category had to rile him up. Dolan’s $1 billion, newly transformed Garden didn’t rate.

In the category “Best Homecourt Advantage,’’ seven arenas got votes. Nobody picked the Garden, where the Knicks posted a 31-10 record last season, winning their first 10 home games and their last 10. Do the GMs not know the Garden now has bridges?

None of the 30 GMs picked either the Knicks or Nets to win the NBA title or Eastern Conference title. Six teams got championship votes. Only three clubs — the Heat, Bulls and Pacers — were picked to win the East.

But Brooklyn did much better in the GM survey as a whole. The unproven Nets were overwhelming picks to win the Atlantic Division — with 76 percent of the vote versus 24 percent for the Knicks. Apparently, the GMs all clamored to trade for ancient Paul Pierce and hire Jason Kidd as head coach, too.

Anthony, meanwhile, didn’t fare nearly as well for a guy who finished third in the MVP voting last season and won a scoring title.

Yes, one GM did give him an MVP vote (Steve Mills?), but in revealing categories such as “Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments,” Anthony got stiffed. Six players — including Stephen Curry — got votes.

Anthony finished third in two categories — one of which, “Getting off his own shot,” is a mixed-bag tribute. Anthony’s best honor was being tied for third with LeBron James for “Who do you want taking the last shot?’’ although you wouldn’t vote him in if you saw his last-second clanker in Friday’s preseason finale.

Chandler, who won the Defensive Player of the Year Award in 2012, also got the shaft. He didn’t get a single vote for league’s best defender, best center or best leader. Nine players received votes in the best-defender category and Roy Hibbert was fourth for best center.

Rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. also was ignored in the rookie categories. Surprisingly, he got no votes in “Best rookie steal when selected.’’ Hardway was taken 24th, considered an excellent value pick. Thirteen rookies received votes.

Andrea Bargnani, who has yet to stand out in preseason, was not named as one of the “International players ready for a breakout.’’ Thirteen foreigners were tabbed, including fellow Italian Marco Belinelli.

But the biggest diss went to Woodson. There are five coaching categories in this survey — from “best head coach’’ to “head coach who runs the best defense” to “best coach for in-game adjustments.” In the five categories, 12 coaches were mentioned at least once, including George Karl, and he isn’t even coaching this season.

Woodson? Nothing. That was the biggest travesty. When you list reasons the Knicks won 54 games last season, Woodson is atop the list.

So when the Knicks dismiss the predictions from “so-called experts’’ with the opener Wednesday, just show them a printout of the GM survey — or the architectural blueprints of Dolan’s bridges.
 3 years ago '04        #10480
space
space
Hahn

Ready or not, Andrea Bargnani, the regular season demands arrive Wednesday. More:

It's been an underwhelming preseason for the Knicks' headline acquisition of the past summer. In fact, one could argue that the team's other heralded pick-up, the amnestied Metta World Peace, has looked far more impressive.

Bargnani has some built-in excuses, starting with the bout with pneumonia in August, which caused him to miss playing for Italy in the Eurobasket tournament and led to weeks of lost offseason training just before camp opened. So perhaps the legs aren't there yet and, as a result, the shot isn't there, either.

Bargnani in seven preseason games shot just 38.1% from the field. He was brought here to help pull opposing bigs out of the paint with his perimeter game, but at 20% from three-point range (3 for 15), that will hardly make Roy Hibbert and Joakim Noah flinch.

"When the shot doesn't fall," he said, "you've got to try to be aggressive on defense and to rebound the ball." He didn't do much of either, as well, in the preseason, with just 3.3 rebounds in 24.3 minutes per game (that's 4.9 per 36 minutes). One area he did provide on defense was in blocked shots, where he posted a per-36 average of 1.5. Plus-minus was awful, but in the preseason, with some weird lineups, that's a statistic you can throw away....until Wednesday night, when the lineups are real and the games count.

"The main focus is defense and rebounding," Bargnani said. "The offense is going to come . . . It's a process, but I'm learning quickly."

Carmelo Anthony has made an effort to get Bargnani involved in the offense, especially in playing off him in the sets. Melo's consistent message to the big Italian: be aggressive.

In his best seasons, Bargnani, an excellent free throw shooter, learned how to get to the line. In 2010-11, when he averaged a career-best 21.4 points per game, he shot 5.3 free throws per game. The following season, limited to 31 games by injury, he averaged 19.5 points and took 5.6 free throws per game.

In the preseason, Bargnani went 28-for-31 (90.3%) from the line. Per 36 minutes, he averaged 6.6 FTAs, which is a top-10 pace among NBA players by last season's standards. Carmelo Anthony averaged 7.3 FTAs per game last season.

For Bargnani to succeed, it's not as much about his skill as it is his motor. If he puts the urgency into his game - similar to how Melo did last season - he could be an excellent complement.

If not, Mike Woodson may have to reconsider his lineup.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 12 Parties So Epic They Left A Mark On History
51 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12/5/16 struggle wwf raw - how long will thot queen sasha banks be the womens..
648 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
260 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" OFFICIAL TRACKLIST
64 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fabolous: I Gotta Put My Foot On A Few Rappers Necks!
73 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Half Indian Half Puerto Rican All Fire
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy