New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
30 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fill in the blank__________
11 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10441
Born_Loser|M 82 heat pts82
space
space
$40,714 | Props total: 2231 2231
Berman

BALTIMORE — Carmelo Anthony clarified that just because he wants to experience free agency this summer, it does not mean he wants to bolt New York.

“I don’t want to go anywhere,’’ Anthony said Thursday before scoring 22 points in a 98-89 preseason victory over the Wizards at Baltimore Arena in his return to his hometown.

However, he gave hints if there was another team to consider, the Lakers would be the franchise.

Speaking after the morning shootaround at Baltimore Arena in his return to his hometown, Anthony said of the Lakers chatter, “What other team would they say? I don’t think they’d say another team. That’s the only team they’d possibly say.’’

Then he quickly added, “I’m in New York. This is not something I want to keep going on. At the end of day, I don’t want to go anywhere. But when that time comes, I’ll deal with that situation.’’

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Anthony has to concentrate on this season and not his free agency.

“If he is going to test it, he’s got to test it,” Woodson said. “But at this point, he’s got to worry about this season and this season only. That’s what’s staring him in the face today.’’

In essence, Anthony didn’t back down from comments he said he made on Sept. 11 he wants the free-agent experience next July. It would be the first time in his career he would be a free agent.

The Lakers will have massive cap space, however they may not have enough to offer max deals to both Melo and LeBron James, who has an opt-out, too.

Anthony can opt out of his contract after the season and made it clear he has no interest in signing a contract extension in February when the Knicks can offer one. Anthony was quoted in the New York Observer Wednesday he “wants to be a free agent,’’ adding he would like a chance to “evaluate.’’ Translation: He wouldn’t mind being wined and dined by the Lakers in Los Angeles.

“This is something when that time comes, I’ll definitely explore,’’ Anthony said. “Does that mean I’m not coming back to New York? Not at all. But it’s definitely an opportunity I’m willing to explore and experience. That not whatsoever means I’m not coming back to New York or I don’t want to be in New York. I don’t want anyone to get that impression of what that story was. That question came different than what everyone is reading.’’

Indeed, it seems Anthony is heavily leaning toward staying with the Knicks, but if they take a severe step back this season, all bets are off. Woodson himself said he realizes the allure of the Lakers.

“The Lakers franchise is totally different from any other franchise — them and the Celtics based on history and what they’ve done,’’ Woodson said. “Hell, if I was a Laker, I don’t know if I’d ever left the Lakers because of what they’ve done over the years, but it has changed. Players are always looking for something better — just a sign of the times. It’s different.’’

Woodson can’t imagine Anthony saying goodbye to the Big Apple, though.

“If you ask me, absolutely [he’ll stay],’’ Woodson said. “ I don’t see him leaving. That’s my thought. Got to keep him in a Knick uniform.’’

The Knicks can pay Anthony about $33 million more on a long-term deal than the Lakers and other clubs under collective bargaining agreement rules. The Knicks are the only club that can offer him a five-year deal, worth approximately $129 million. Other clubs can only go four years.

Anthony said his comments were the result of never having been a free agent. He forced a sign-and-extend trade out of Denver in February 2011 before reaching free agency.

“It came from going through that experience of never having that before,’’ Anthony said. “As a player guys would like to explore that. Guys would like to have that situation to see what it’s about. Me leaving never came across my mind. But it’s an experience I want to experience.’’

Anthony admitted some regret he didn’t restructure past contracts to have him become a free agent during the 2010 bonanza when James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh hooked up in Miami. They all can opt out again this summer. Anthony preferred not to go into the 2011 lockout as a free agent because of all of the uncertainty.

“That time has past now,’’ Anthony said. “When that time came before, I wasn’t up to date on the situation on the CBA. The guys that did become free agents at that time [in 2010], they joke when I see them. ‘Remember that time when we told you to take a three-year deal and not five-year deal?’ For the most part, I’m not thinking about leaving. It’s just something I want to experience.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10442
space
space
Amar'e has been cleared so his prediction to play in the opener wasn't bullsh*t, legit chance now.
 3 years ago '05        #10443
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 1552 1552
 Born_Loser said:
Amar'e has been cleared so his prediction to play in the opener wasn't bullsh*t, legit chance now.
Nice. 2 more years of his contract + resign of melo and cap spaaaaaace. Can't wait

On another note, I don't see the pacers being as good as they were last year...not that it matters but that's just me. I know they'll be in the playoffs tho of course

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 121 (-7) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '07        #10444
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 182 182
 s1eepyboy said:
Nice. 2 more years of his contract + resign of melo and cap spaaaaaace. Can't wait

On another note, I don't see the pacers being as good as they were last year...not that it matters but that's just me. I know they'll be in the playoffs tho of course
I agree... something tells me that they won't be as effective... something about CJ Watson's tendencies to disappear in the playoffs and Granger taking away shots from Lance & PG has me thinking that they do good in the regular season but might get upset early in April/May
 3 years ago '04        #10445
space
space
Murry better make this fu*king roster, that's all I'm gonna say. We need his versatility, if he doesn't make the cut, Miami will sign him and he'll rot on the bench
 3 years ago '04        #10446
space
space
Berman

Woodson said he'll start PG Beno Udrih and rookie Tim Hardaway in the mixed-bag backcourt as Iman Shumpert (elbow) Raymond Felton sit out. Tonight in Toronto will be the last time Woodson experiments with the young guys trying to earn a roster spot, so it's a big night for Tour'e Murry, CDR, Chris Smith and C.J. Leslie. Wednesday in Green Bay and in the preseason finale Friday vs. Charlotte at the reopened Garden will be dress rehearsals. “Wednesday and Friday we’ll play rotation guys and burn them and get their heart rates up,’’ Woodson said. Tomorrow the Knicks are practicing in a gym near the Toronto airport before flying to Green Bay and it will be a big session. Amar’e Stoudemire and J.R. Smith likely scrimmage for the first time this preseason tomorrow. “I’m hoping Amar’e can, he’s feeling pretty good today,’’ Woodson said at the morning shootaround at AirCanada Centre. “I’m hoping both of them can, to be honest.’’ Woodson likes what he sees from Amar'e in halfcourt, contact drillwork. “The short time he’s done some of the shellwork, it’s pretty good, but it’s different halfcourt,’’ Woodson said.
 3 years ago '04        #10447
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony could only watch in bewilderment. Metta World Peace stripped the ball from him at midcourt during the Knicks’ intrasquad scrimmage Sunday at Columbia University, chased after the loose ball and finished with a fast-break slam dunk. The packed crowd at Levien Gymnasium howled. Anthony shook his head.

It wasn’t a good feeling, but Anthony will be better for it. Anthony is facing a defensive beast in practice every day of training camp. How can he not be better for it?

World Peace’s value will be seen on many levels this season and his goal is to make sure Anthony is the Knicks’ “leading guy.’’

“It’s more about we got to make each other better,’’ said World Peace, who ironically donned Anthony’s No. 7 practice jersey. “We don’t want to come out here and k!ll each other, especially in front of the media and fans. That’s not what we’re here for. This is what we do in practice.

“Melo had great days in practice, but we try to go at it. It’s the only way we can get better. If we push each other, try to make it hard on him, so when we get out on the floor [in a game], it’ll be easy and he can be the leader in scoring and be the leading guy. I want Melo to be the leading guy. But we got to do that together.”

Anthony was not made available to reporters after practice, but J.R. Smith said he sees the new practice challenge facing last season’s NBA leading scorer. It’s different than Anthony being guarded by Chris Copeland last season.

“Just to see Metta guard Melo in practice, it’s the first time I’ve seen him in the years we’ve been together, get a real challenge for him almost every day,’’ said Smith, who also was Anthony’s teammate with the Nuggets. “Melo’s taking it head on. Defense is what we preach and [taking] pride in on our team. Hopefully Metta keeps doing what he’s doing and gets guys into it.’’

World Peace hit two more 3-pointers during the scrimmage — his perimeter shooting continuing to look very smooth in training camp. Cut by the Lakers via the amnesty rule, the former Ron Artest, 33, does not look done yet. He sprained his ankle in practice last week and the Knicks had to beg him not to make the trip to Baltimore.

“I’m impressed with everything [World Peace has] done,’’ Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. “I’m going to be honest with you. He’s a guy we had to make take days off and take a game from him. He was there early. He’s go, go, go. I like that. He’s a tough kid. There’s nothing he can‘t do on the basketball court.

“All those things are great when you’re talking about trying to win at a high level. He does all the little things to help you win as well. I can’t wait to really get started when it counts and he’ll be a big part of what we do.’’

Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni gave former Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald rave reviews on World Peace in July after the Lakers cut him for financial purposes. D’Antoni was most impressed World Peace took just two weeks to heal from midseason knee surgery last season — an example of grit and dedication.

“You can’t be less than what you are,’’ World Peace said, explaining his longevity. “Be you. I work hard. I work on my body, try to stay in shape. I let people call me old. I can’t help I’m 33. God put us in this world and you’ll age. Nothing I can do about that. But what I can do is I can continue to work hard and stay in shape and I’m moving pretty well.’’

He also wants to mold the youthful batch of Knicks — not just Anthony.

“I want to help the young guys,’’ World Peace said. “Because in the playoffs, we’re going to need everybody. Not 100 percent intelligent, but [have them] at their peak intelligence in the playoffs, bringing the best they can bring mentally.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10448
space
space
Berman

TORONTO – The government shutdown is over, but the K-Mart shutdown continues.

Former Raptor Andrea Bargnani is good to go Monday night in his former haunt, but Kenyon Martin is still wondering when Knicks coach Mike Woodson will let him play this preseason.

Bargnani, whose back stiffened in practice Sunday at Columbia University, is healthy enough to play his second game in Toronto in 10 days. Bargnani hasn’t missed a single preseason game. Martin has yet to play one. Martin prefers to play and is trying to rationalize the extra cautious strategy the Knicks medical staff is taking.

Because his late-season severe ankle sprain healed slowly over the summer, a plan was devised to keep Martin off the court during most of preseason. But Martin vowed even if he doesn’t play a preseason game, he will be out there for the season opener Oct. 30 against the Bucks.

Martin said he has yet to hear if Woodson will unleash him for the preseason finale Oct. 25 at the Garden against the Bobcats.

“I’ll definitely [play] on the 30th,’’ Martin said. “I’m going to push that much harder to play. I’m not questionable. I’m fine.’’

Asked whether he would play the last preseason game, Martin snapped, “I wanted to play the first. You got to ask Woody. He’s the coach. If it was up to me, I’ll play.”

Last week, Woodson hinted Martin could play the final two preseason games, but has since backed off.

“I’m ready now,’’ Martin said on whether he would be fit for the regular-season opener. “And it’s nine days away. I’m fine, man. If he decides to play me in one of those last preseason games, he’ll let me know. If not, the real show starts and I’m ready.’

“I understand: I’m not a young guy,’’ added Martin, who turns 36 in December. “I’m not going to press the issue about playing preseason [even if] it makes no sense to me. I’m going to press the issue when it’s playing the regular season. Because I want to play. I understand the issue. We have guys f!ghting for jobs and in order for them to do that, I have to take a backseat.’’

The Knicks may not believe Martin can withstand the rigors of an 82-game schedule. The ex-Net is destined to sit out some back-to-backs. Woodson appears ready to adopt the same strategy Spurs coach Gregg Popovich uses in giving time off to Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.

“That’s how Pop handles his team,’’ Martin said. “You have to ask Woody. Whatever plan is in place – we have one – we’re not sharing it with people. There’s a plan in place. I’m going to stick to it and get ready for what it really counts in April, May and definitely trying to play in June. I’m not trying to burn myself and press the issue playing seven games in 10 nights.’’

Meanwhile, Bargnani will play his fifth preseason contest after Sunday’s scare.

“I just needed a little stretch, a little stretching,’’ said Bargnani, who also has healed fully from a summer bout with pneumonia that bounced him out of the European Championships.

Point guard Pablo Prigioni will miss Monday’s game because of flu-like symptoms, and Raymond Felton (hamstring) and Iman Shumpert (elbow sprain) will rest. Shumpert is expected to return for the next game Wednesday against the Bucks in Green Bay, Wis., according to Woodson.
 3 years ago '04        #10449
space
space
Berman

TORONTO — Kenyon Martin has become Amar’e Stoudemire without the $100 million contract.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson revealed his regular-season plan for his two backup power forwards, who are being treated as if they are as fragile as glass. Neither has played yet in the preseason, and Woodson revealed Monday night he doesn’t anticipate either playing both ends of back-to-back games in the regular season.

That’s no shocker regarding Stoudemire, as The Post reported after the Andrea Bargnani trade in late June keeping Stoudemire out of both ends of back-to-backs was under heavy consideration.

The Martin situation, however, continues a surprising narrative, as he’s suddenly being treated as a major injury risk because of chronic ankle pain. It’s no wonder the Knicks waited until late July before re-signing him to the veteran’s minimum. This new vision could have Stoudemire playing one game of a back-to-back and Martin the other.

“He and Amar’e both have to be managed to a point where they can’t play back-to-back games,’’ Woodson said before the Knicks faced the Raptors at AirCanada Centre. “Three, four games in five, six nights, we have to look at that closely as we go through the season. If it falls that way, they’ll have to miss a game or two. I got to have them for the long haul.’’

The government shutdown is over, but the Martin preseason shutdown is still on. Martin is getting antsy, and may not have a single preseason game under his belt going into the regular season.

Woodson wouldn’t guarantee Martin will play the preseason finale Friday at the Garden against the Bobcats. That puts into question whether Martin will be allowed to go in the season opener Oct. 30 against the Bucks. That won’t sit well with Martin, who claims his ankles are “fine.’’

“I think right now Kenyon has to continue to be patient and rehab,’’ Woodson said. “I’m not in a hurry in rushing him back right now. I know he wants to play. I’ll see Thursday to see where he is, but he won’t play Wednesday [in Green Bay, Wis.]’’

Asked what is holding Martin back, Woodson said, “Coach is holding him back. I’m going to continue to watch it closely. Until I think he’s ready. I’m not going to just throw him out there. These games don’t count. We need him for the long haul.’’

Bargnani hasn’t missed a single preseason game and Martin has yet to play one. Martin prefers to play and is trying to rationalize the extra-cautious strategy the Knicks medical staff is taking. Martin’s late-season ankle sprain healed slowly over the summer, putting the club in panic mode.

Martin vowed even if he doesn’t play in the preseason, he will be out there for the season opener.

“I’ll definitely [play] on the 30th,’’ Martin said. “I’m going to push that much harder to play. I’m not questionable. I’m fine.’’

Asked if he would play the last preseason game, Martin said, “I wanted to play the first. You got to ask Woody. He’s the coach. If it was up to me, I’ll play.

“I’m ready now,’’ Martin added on whether he’d be fit for the opener. “And it’s nine days away. I’m fine, man. If he decides to play me in one of those last preseason games, he’ll let me know. If not, the real show starts and I’m ready.’’

“I understand — I’m not a young guy. I’m not going to press the issue about playing preseason. Don’t make no sense to. I’m going to press the issue when it’s playing the regular season, because I want to play. I understand the issue. We have guys f!ghting for jobs and in order for them to do that, I have to take a backseat.’’

The Knicks don’t believe Martin can withstand the rigors of an 82-game schedule. Woodson appears ready to adopt the same strategy Spurs coach Gregg Popovich uses with giving time off to Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker.

“That’s how Pop handles his team,’’ Martin said. “You have to ask Woody. Whatever plan is in place — we have one — we’re not sharing it with people. There’s a plan in place. I’m going to stick to it and get ready for when it really counts in April, May and definitely trying to play in June. I’m not trying to burn myself and press the issue playing seven games in 10 nights.’’

Meanwhile, Tuesday’s practice in Toronto could be a big day for Stoudemire. He may be cleared to scrimmage for the first time and perhaps be cleared to play the preseason finale.
 3 years ago '04        #10450
space
space
Berman

TORONTO — Thankfully for the Knicks, it’s still the preseason.

Andrea Bargnani’s mid-range jumper wasn’t sharp in his second return to Canada and the Knicks dropped a wild 123-120 double-overtime contest to the Raptors Monday after blowing leads in the final ticks of regulation and the first overtime.

The offensive goat was Bargnani, and Ike Diogu was the defensive goat. Bargnani, shrugging off a stiff back, played the first three quarters at AirCanada Centre and shot just 4-of-12 for 13 points — booed whenever he touched the ball and cheered when he missed a shot. He bricked eight of his first nine shots — all from mid-range.

Bargnani was out of the game when the Knicks committed a massive late meltdown. Diogu has had a good preseason in vying for a roster spot, but allowed this night to extend too long.

The Raptors twice tied it with last-second buckets to force the overtimes. Tyler Hansbrough spun past Diogu for a layup to send the game into the first OT. Diogu left Hansbrough inexplicably to chase another player.

“I wish I knew [why],’’ Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. “You don’t switch until the guy gives the ball up.’’

Then Toronto’s Terrence Ross hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer to force a second OT — partly because of Diogu and due to what Woodson called “a bad switch’’ by Tim Hardaway Jr. and Tour’e Murry. The Raptors had maintained possession after Diogu lost a rebound out of bounds before Ross nailed the game-tying 3-pointer over a late-arriving Hardaway.

Meawhile, Bargnani’s preseason streak of 21 straight free throws without a miss ended Monday. He finished 5-of-7 from the line and is 23-of-25 overall.

“My preseason streak?’’ said Bargnani, who won’t return to Toronto until Dec. 27. “Hopefully I’ll have a regular-season free-throw streak.’’

The Knicks will practice Tuesday at Toronto’s Humber College before flying to Green Bay, Wis. — where they will face the Bucks Wednesday — and Amar’e Stoudemire and J.R. Smith may be unleashed to scrimmage for the first time this preseason. Both had workouts Monday and should be cleared. If they scrimmage well, they both could play Friday.

Metta World Peace lit it up from 3-point range (4-of-5) and finished with 16 points. He also got into a light shoving match with Hansbrough, who backed down when he saw his opponent. … Ex-Knick Steve Novak (sore thumb) didn’t play for the Raptors. … Murry all but solidified a roster spot, hitting a midcourt flip shot at the halftime buzzer and finishing with 12 points. …Center Cole Aldrich was a DNP.
 3 years ago '04        #10451
space
space
Ian Begley

The New York Knicks have less than a week to set their regular season roster.

So it's time to take a serious look at the training camp invites.

The Knicks have 12 players signed to guaranteed contracts. Two players are on partially guaranteed contracts (C.J. Leslie, Jeremy Tyler).

So the Knicks could keep as many as three of their training camp invitees.

They need to set their roster by Oct. 28 at 5 p.m. So it's time to ask the question: who would you keep? Who would you cut?

Below, we take a look at the candidates:

IKE DIOGU: Diogu has been active on offense, averaging 13.6 points over the last three preseason games. He's also grabbed 23 rebounds in that span. Mike Woodson has said that the Knicks will keep at least one of the three big men they invited to camp. Right now, it looks like Diogu is in the lead.

TOURE' MURRY: Murry's also come on strong over the last three games, averaging 14 points in that span. He's also handed out two a.ssists and grabbed nearly four rebounds a night in his last three games. Murry is stuck in a bit of a logjam because the Knicks have a glut of point guards and shooting guards. But the 23-year-old could be a young piece that the Knicks can develop. That's something that Knicks owner James Dolan has placed a premium on, according to several league sources.

JOSH POWELL: In limited minutes, Powell has been active on defense -- something Woodson appreciates. He had six rebounds in the Knicks' double-overtime loss to Toronto. He totaled six blocks in the Knicks' first four games.

With the health of Amar'e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin in question, Knicks' brass may choose to keep two training camp big men. If they choose to do so, Powell could get strong consideration.

COLE ALDRICH: It's not a good sign that Aldrich did not see the floor in the Knicks' loss to Toronto on Monday. The 7-footer also played just four minutes last Thursday in Baltimore. Aldrich was an early favorite in camp, but, based on the minutes he's played of late, it seems like he may have fallen out of favor with the coaching staff.

CHRIS SMITH: Smith, the younger brother of J.R. Smith, has played sparingly in the preseason. Woodson referred to the former Louisville guard as a young player "trying to find his way" last week. But he also said that Smith has "competed" and mentioned that he would be one of the players the Knicks would make a decision on next Monday.

C.J. LESLIE: The Knicks owe Leslie $200,000 in guaranteed money, so that may factor in in their decision to keep him or cut him. But the former North Carolina State standout has been underwhelming in the preseason. Woodson mentioned that the game may be too fast for Leslie at this point in his career. He may be better suited for the D-League at this juncture.

JEREMY TYLER: Tyler impressed the Knicks in the summer league but he hasn't been able to get on the floor in the preseason. He broke a bone in his foot before training camp and is expected to miss the entire preseason. New York has guaranteed Tyler $100,000, so that may factor in their decision to keep or cut him. Another factor to consider: Tyler, 22, could fit the mandate from upper management stating that the team should have younger players at the end of the roster.

CHRIS DOUGLAS-ROBERTS: Douglas-Roberts, a former Nets draft pick, has played sparingly in camp. He had five points in 12 minutes against Toronto on Monday. He also played 12 minutes in the Knicks' third preseason game but he did not see the floor in the other three preseason games. It seems like he's facing long odds to make the team.

UP NOW: The Knicks lost a few big men from last year's roster. Do they have enough to battle on the boards with the big teams in the Eastern Conference?
 3 years ago '04        #10452
space
space
K-Mart, Amar'e & Smitty are all scrimmaging today
 3 years ago '06        #10453
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,874 | Props total: 931 931
i thought they were supposed to unveil the orange jerseys last night?
 3 years ago '04        #10454
space
space
Berman

TORONTO — Jeremy Tyler made his first road trip of preseason Monday, traveling to Canada, still in a walking boot, still hoping the Knicks wait for him to get out of it.

The 6-foot-10 Tyler was a sensation in the Las Vegas summer league, and afterward signed a contract that contains only a small guarantee. The 22-year-old then underwent surgery on a stress fracture in his right foot in early September to make him unavailable for training camp.

Now the question is whether the Knicks, desperate for a big man off the bench when the season opens, release him when the preseason is over. Or will they bet on his potential, even if the foot could remain a question mark?

The competent but unspectacular play of the three big men the Knicks invited to camp on non-guaranteed deals – center Cole Aldrich and forwards Josh Powell and Ike Diogu – certainly enhances Tyler’s chances of sticking.

Aldrich was a DNP on Monday night in a double-overtime game in Toronto. Diogu made a defensive blunder in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime, though he has been most impressive of the trio with his high motor.

But he doesn’t have the size or gifts of Tyler, who jumped from high school to play professionally in Israel and Japan before being drafted in the second round in 2011.

“My hopes are high,’’ Tyler told The Post in his first interview of camp. “It would be great if they did. Certain circumstances, I totally understand. I’m not expecting it. I’m just here to work every day.’’

If Tyler were healthy, the Aldrich-Powell-Diogu battle would be of little consequence. Add the uncertain situations of Amar’e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin for the start of the season and the Knicks need a big body defensively to spell Tyson Chandler.

The way he dominated in summer league with his active play, Tyler, if healthy, would have fit in seamlessly in preseason.

“I wouldn’t call it frustrating,’’ Tyler said. “I definitely am getting a complete concept of the game. Like every kid, I want to play, but out of every negative you find a positive. It’s teaching me patience, teaching me a new view of the game and really understanding the game. And when the time is right, you unleash everything you’ve been holding.’’

When will that be? Tyler still doesn’t know exactly. His initial timetable would have him back around mid-November.

“It’s kind of early, hopefully a few weeks, but there’s no set date,’’ Tyler said. “The foot is getting stronger. I’m really focusing on a lot of different parts of my body, not trying to rush it and focus on my mental.’’

The Knicks have not told Tyler definitively if he will remain on the roster, but he said he’s gotten good vibes.

“Not officially, but I keep showing up, showing commitment to getting better,’’ Tyler said. “They haven’t told me anything official. If I keep working, things will work out.’’

Knicks president Steve Mills identified backup center as the lone need on the club.

“The opportunity is there,’’ Tyler said. “I just have to work and f!ght for it.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10455
space
space
Ohm Youngmisuk

Reggie Miller understands why Carmelo Anthony wants to opt out of his contract next summer to become a free agent.

But the former Indiana sharpshooter, who spent his entire career with the Pacers, also warns Melo of what could potentially happen if he leaves the Knicks for a perceived championship contender.

"Everyone wants to be wooed and go through that process," Miller, now a TNT analyst, said Tuesday on a conference call. "What I would say to Carmelo is, 'be careful what you ask for.’ We saw what happened with LeBron (James). Right now you play in the No. 1 media market in the world in terms of professional basketball. What better place to be successful and try to win a championship than in New York.

"It would be hard to imagine him leaving there," Miller continued. "The grass isn’t always greener. The grass was greener for LeBron and he’s won back-to-back (titles), but what he went through to get there was such a firestorm.”

Anthony can opt out of his contract and re-sign with the Knicks for a five-year deal worth $129.1 million. If he were to sign a max deal with another team, Anthony could earn $95.9 million over four years, according to ESPN salary-cap expert Larry ****.

Winning will certainly be important to Anthony. Miller, though, believes the Knicks will likely be the "fifth-best team in the Eastern Conference."

"I think they’ll be a better team defensively bringing in Metta (World Peace)," Miller said. "If you listen to Mike Woodson, the Knicks took a step back defensively last season, and adding Metta will help toughness-wise and defensively. That’s where this team is going to have to win anywhere from five-to-10 ballgames. ... Can they do that for an entire season? That remains to be seen.

"It would be great if they could get to that fourth spot, between them and Brooklyn, to get that home court advantage in the playoffs," Miller added. "I never want to count out a proven scorer like Carmelo Anthony. Scoring won’t be an issue, but you’ve got to be able to have a flow in your offense. But right now the flow isn’t there offensively for the Knicks.”
 3 years ago '04        #10456
space
space
"...Scoring won’t be an issue, but you’ve got to be able to have a flow in your offense. But right now the flow isn’t there offensively for the Knicks.”

yeah, reggie the preseason scoring flow where we played more of the guys who are either new or f!ghting for a roster spot represents the entire team's offensive flow....stfu
 3 years ago '04        #10457
space
space
Amar'e Stoudemire talked science after first scrimmage on decision to ban him from back-to-back games this season.

Speaking from Humber College in the Toronto outskirts, Stoudemire said of the medical staff's decision, “From a scientific standpoint, a day of recovery makes a world of difference. NBA players don’t get a lot of recovery time and injuries do occur. We’re taking a scientific method of recovery time, to sit out back-to-backs to get recovery time and be strong for the following game.’’ Woodson said K-Mart, also being limited in back-to-backs, could play one night, and Stoudemire the next in a rotating back-to-back system. Stoudemire is expected to have a minutes cap of about 20ish to save his knees. J.R. Smith, meanwhile, said he won’t have any limits on him when he starts his comeback - likely for Game 6. “No minutes restriction,’’ Smith said after his first scrimmage. “I’m coming back out to be at full strength, a full head of steam with no restrictions. If I’m on restrictions, I’m not at the best ability to help the team.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10458
space
space
according to Woody, Stat & K-Mart won't play in the finale but Smitty will
 3 years ago '04        #10459
space
space
Berman

TORONTO — Carmelo Anthony got a good chuckle at tough guy Tyler Hansbrough’s meek reaction Monday night when he realized which character he was jostling against. And Anthony commended his new teammate, Metta World Peace, for still having the juice at age 33 to play the part of enforcer and not losing his head.

On a play that became a video hit on the web, Hansbrough got rough during a scramble underneath getting entangled with World Peace.

When World Peace followed Hansbrough out of the scramble, the former UNC star turned, realized it was the former Ron Artest and patted him on the stomach, saying, “My bad. My bad.’’

When asked if he saw the play, Anthony laughed.

“I was standing right there,” Anthony said. “I had front-row, courtside seats. I saw Tyler’s apology. It was all good.”

That element will be welcomed on the Knicks, said Anthony. Former Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald just may have built the nastiest team in the league with World Peace, J.R. Smith, Kenyon Martin, Tyson Chandler and even Iman Shumpert.

“We like that over here in New York,’’ Anthony said. “I haven’t seen that from Ron in a long time. Good to see he still has that. It’s also good to see how controlled he is and he can control himself.”

World Peace learned Hansbrough took abuse on the web for backing down and came to his defense via several tweets: “Tyler Hansbrough is a tough kid. Stop being silly people!!! He is going to be a champ one day. Keep being tough Tyler!! … f!ghting doesn’t make u tough. Win n’ does.’’

Meanwhile, Anthony said he is thrilled to be going against the physical defense of World Peace in practice every day.

“I love it, I love it,’’ Anthony said. “He’s pushing me, physically pushing me on the defensive end. With him guarding me, I don’t want to see people beat up in practice but the way he plays very physical, it helps me. It makes the game that much easier when I come into a basketball game.’’

Woodson all but said he expects to keep injured summer-league sensation, 6-foot-10 big man Jeremy Tyler, on the roster.

Woodson said he won’t know for sure until roster meetings that will occur Friday with new general manager Steve Mills, the scouts, and owner James Dolan.

“We got to nurse him back and develop him and see if he can help us,’’ Woodson said. “We were high on him. Unfortunately he broke his foot. We owe him that. We got to do that. We got to wait and see.’’

Keeping Tyler would leave only two open spots with one likely being taken by guard Tour’e Murry. The other is a battle between the three big men with non-guaranteed deals — Cole Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu, who has played the most ruggedly. (C.J. Leslie and Chris Smith appear longshots after so-so camps). Tyler, who had foot surgery in early September, is still in a walking boot but has a partially guaranteed contract. Tyler said he isn’t ready for action for “a few weeks.

“My hopes are high,’’ Tyler told The Post. “It would be great if they did. Certain circumstances, I totally understand. I’m not expecting it. I’m just here to work every day.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10460
space
space
Berman

GREEN BAY, Wis. — Knicks coach Mike Woodson said point guard Chris Smith is “still in the mix’” for a roster spot, noting for the first time having older brother J.R. Smith on the team is a factor in the franchise wanting to develop the younger Smith as an NBA prospect.

Chris, who played at Louisville before tearing up his knee at training camp last October, said if he nabs one of the Knicks’ 15 roster spots, he likely will spend much of the season with the D-League affiliate in Erie.

Asked directly if J.R.’s presence factors in the decision on whether to keep Chris, Woodson said, “Sure it does.”

“I look at him just like I look at J.R., though J.R. is the guy who played in a uniform and has been very productive for us. I have a great deal of respect for that family,” Woodson said. “That’s his brother. I respect that. We got to make some decisions. What those decisions will be, I don’t know.’’

Woodson said the Knicks likely will make their first cuts Thursday night after practice. A meeting is scheduled with the coaching staff, scouts, new president/GM Steve Mills and owner James Dolan, who believes in making the superagency CAA happy because it’s good for the franchise in the long run.

Last spring, Chris Smith fired his agent, Marc Cornstein, in favor of CAA’s Leon Rose, who represents J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony. The Post reported the maneuver was seen by some in the league as “a package deal’’ as J.R. entered free agency.

Chris Smith’s chances of staying increased when rookie C.J. Leslie struggled this preseason. The Knicks still may cut Smith and he can choose to join their D-League affiliate as a free agent.

Smith has a unique non-guaranteed deal: If he is on the roster on opening night, the contract becomes fully guaranteed. Standard minimum deals do not become guaranteed until early January.

“He’s still in the mix,’’ Woodson said. “That’s something else we have to sit and talk about tomorrow in terms of the direction we want to go.’’

Smith was a DNP in Monday’s preseason game in Toronto, which seemed to suggest his roster bid was finished.

“Right now, it’s still up in the air,’’ Smith said. “I’m just competing for a spot. I’ve shown my work ethic and pretty much an ability to come back from injuries.’’

If Smith sticks, the Knicks still likely would keep combo guard Tour’e Murry, who clearly has outplayed J.R.’s brother in training camp. The Knicks then would have to cut all three big men they invited to camp on non-guaranteed deals: Ike Diogu, Josh Powell and Cole Aldrich.

Woodson reiterated he is leaning toward waiting on Jeremy Tyler, who rehabbing from a foot surgery and who may not be available until late November. The 6-foot-10 forward made a splash in the Las Vegas summer league.

“He’s still patiently going through rehab,’’ Woodson said. “I don’t think we kick him to the curb. We thought so much coming out of summer league. I think at least see it through, see what he has to offer. He’s a young big. Our thought process was to try to develop him.’’

The Knicks had hoped Aldrich adjusted to the Knicks’ style better than he has in their search for a backup center. He was a DNP on Monday, but he will get one final look Wednesday night against the Bucks in Green Bay. Woodson said Aldrich would play 20-plus minutes.

Woodson said none of the big-men invites have played with enough quickness on the pick-and-roll.

“You got play it with pace, hit screens, get off of it and roll,’’ Woodson said. “Tyson’s the only guy, and Amar’e and Kenyon, that shows pace. When they hit screens, they’re off of it and making something happen at the rim. These guys are new. We’re yelling and screaming pace.’’

Mills is in a unique situation. He wasn’t involved in putting together any component of the roster.

“We’ll all sit down and give our opinions, and we’ll come up with the right decision,’’ Woodson said. “It’s got to be a group decision. Steve will announce it, but he’ll hear my voice as well as the scouts and everyone involved and Mr. Dolan.’’

Since taking over for Glen Grunwald four days before training camp, Mills has not missed a practice or game, which is not uncommon for preseason evaluations. But Mills also has sat in on every coach’s meeting.

“It’s OK — learn about your product,’’ Woodson said. “Learn about what’s going on inside your organization. Come to practice and skull sessions. I don’t have [anything] to hide. I think it’s OK if Steve wants to hang around and watch what’s going on. I think it’s healthy.’’

Woodson said Stoudemire and Martin came out of the first scrimmage Tuesday feeling good. They will scrimmage again Thursday. Woodson wouldn’t rule out Stoudemire and Martin playing the preseason finale Friday, but said Tuesday it was unlikely. Smith is a go for Friday.

Some Knicks took a tour of Lambeau Field on Tuesday night in the franchise’s first-ever trip to Green Bay. Resch Arena, where Wednesday’s game will be played, is across the street from the famed home of the NFL’s Packers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
20 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
179 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Barely Half of 30-Year-Olds Earn More Than Their Parents
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Orlando Brown going into graphic detail on what happened with him & Raven in t..
73 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SMACK/URL Presents - Ill Will vs Charlie Clips [ANTICIPATION/DISCUSSION..
69 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
82 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy