New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10381
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
yeah he did
 3 years ago '07        #10382
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
Shump would be great at point in a couple seasons.. baby rose

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10383
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Free-agent center Hamed Haddadi, who worked out for the Knicks on Aug. 16, might not be done with the team yet. A source close to the player says it is "still possible" that Haddadi signs with New York.

The Knicks technically have only one roster spot remaining, but C.J. Leslie and Jeremy Tyler both inked partially guaranteed contracts, which means they are not locks to make the official team.

Several sources have told ESPNNewYork.com in the past two weeks that the Knicks are focused on adding a big man before training camp starts in early October. The Knicks could really use another rebounder and shot-blocker, especially against bigger-sized teams like the Nets and Pacers, who both upgraded their frontcourt this offseason.

While there are concerns about Haddadi's mobility up and down the court, another source close to the player said the Knicks are intrigued with his size and interior presence.

"He won't wow you with his athleticism, but he's a high-volume energy guy and has good skills to be a good, solid defensive backup," the source said, who also noted that Haddadi is open to a veteran's minimum deal.

The 7-2 Iranian has been in the NBA since 2008, playing for the Grizzlies and then the Suns in the second half of last season. In about 14 minutes per game in Phoenix, he averaged 4.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.2 blocks.

Haddadi, 28, had been on the Knicks' radar for some time this summer, but he was unable to visit New York until mid-August because he was busy in the Philippines participating in the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship, of which he was named MVP. It's worth noting that Haddadi's agent, Marc Cornstein, also represents two of the latest Knicks acquisitions, Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih.

The Knicks are also still in talks with Earl Barron and Ivan Johnson, who's a tweener big at 6-8, but one player source believes the Knicks will not rush a decision.

"I'm actually getting the feeling they will stay with 14 [players], and possibly bring in non-guaranteed guys for vet camp spots," the source said.
 3 years ago '04        #10384
space
space
Source: In addition to the Knicks, the Pacers, Pelicans and Sixers are interested in Earl Barron.
 3 years ago '04        #10385
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- Paul Pierce has sparked a war of words between the Brooklyn Nets and the New York Knicks.

Earlier this month, Pierce said that he believed that the Nets would eventually own New York.

J.R. Smith is the latest Knick to take umbrage to Pierce's comments.

"I just look at him as a bitter person just getting out of Boston. He doesn't really know what New York is all about. He's been playing in Boston his whole career," Smith told ESPN New York on Saturday.

Smith, speaking without anger in his voice, added: "He just knows, just know that his words have consequences and he's going to have to pay for them."

Pierce, an ex-Celtic, said earlier this month that his hatred for the Knicks "has grown a little" since he joined the Nets in July following a blockbuster trade.

"Everybody knows how much I disliked the Knicks when I was with the Celtics, but I think it's grown to another level," Pierce said on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show." "I think it's time for the Nets to start running this city."

In an interview with Complex Magazine, Pierce added that he believed the Nets will eventually be the most popular team in New York.

"Oh yeah. Right now it might be like 70-30 but we're gonna push that the other way," Pierce told the magazine.

On Saturday, Smith said Pierce's comments don't necessarily rub him the wrong way, but he disagrees strongly with the idea that the Nets will eventually take over New York.

"They're in one borough, we're all over. So it's like, you're on an island and we've got the whole country. So it's nothing really to even talk about," Smith said at a PGA Foundation golf clinic at Chelsea Piers for the New York/New Jersey Boys & Girls Club.

Earlier this month, Knicks point guard Ray Felton also shot back at Pierce.

"They will never take over the city. Because we've got 'New York' on our chest," Felton said. "They've got 'Brooklyn' on their chest, and we've got 'New York.' They'll never take over the city.

"[Pierce] saying that is just him talking. At the end of the day, it's all about rivalries. We understand that -- he knows that, I know that. He's just trying to fuel it."

Felton said Pierce's headline-grabbing predictions are good for the Knicks-Nets rivalry, but he doesn't believe them to be malicious.

"He's just trying to talk, talk, talk, to fuel the rivalry, which is good. I love it," said Felton, who laughed when asked about Pierce's comments. "I think it's good for us, it's good for the whole state, it's good. So, whatever -- I love it."

The Nets and Knicks both made upgrades in the offseason. Brooklyn grabbed headlines trading for Celtics stalwarts Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Brooklyn also signed free-agent Andrei Kirilenko and hired ex-Knick Jason Kidd as its head coach.

The Knicks acquired Andrea Bargnani in a trade with Toronto and signed Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih.

The Knicks and Nets will play four times in the regular season, including twice in April. The first Knicks-Nets game is Dec. 5 at the Barclays Center.

Smith should be back on the court for that first Knicks-Nets meeting, but he may not be ready for the season-opener as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
 3 years ago '04        #10386
space
space
Berman

Beno Udrih already got a taste of New York, attending last night’s U.S. Open quarterfinals. Now he wants a taste of a championship in the Big Apple.

Udrih, the Knicks 31-year-old backup point guard who signed as a free agent last month, won two titles with the Spurs. Now he wants his new teammates thinking title from Day 1 of training camp, which begins Sept. 30.

“I believe our team can go as far as going to the Finals,’’ Udrih told The Post at Ashe Stadium in his first remarks since signing. “We have to think like that from the first practice. We can be very good. It all depends how seriously we’re going to take it.

“We all believe we can go really far. And our goal from the beginning has to be win it all because we know we’re going to be in the playoffs. Our mentality from the first practice has to be: we want to win a championship.’’

The Slovenian point guard got paid $7 million last season, but he had to ply his trade in Milwaukee and Orlando. Nevertheless, it was a surprise the Knicks got him for the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum.

“I just want to be on a winning team,’’ Udrih said. “The last couple of years I was with teams rebuilding. I was trying to bring them a winning mentality and it didn’t happen. Now I’m actually on a team where I can play basketball and help a team win instead of teaching young guys how to win.’’

San Antonio, tried to get him back, Udrih said. Memphis was also in the mix and two European teams. “I’ve been there,‘’ Udrih said of nixing the Spurs. “I know their mentality. Tony Parker’s their guard. Been there, done that. I’ve always wanted to play for the Knicks. It’s something special. ‘’

Udrih, who sat with his wife, already has a place in Manhattan. He has been working out at the Tarrytown practice facility with a handful of guys — Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Amar’e Stoudemire, Jeremy Tyler and Chris Smith, who has been invited to camp.

Udrih said he wants to be one of the leaders as coach Mike Woodson wants to use him in a three-point-guard-platoon with Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni.

“I know what it means how to win,’’ Udrih said. “Last year’s team got a taste of winning and had bad luck vs. Indiana [in the second round]. Tyson got sick — a lot of injury problems. We have to stay healthy all year and it’s good we have a deep team. Some guys can get time off and still get a win.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10387
space
space
Marc Stein

Free-agent guard Toure' Murry has accepted the New York Knicks' invitation to training camp after a strong late push from the Miami Heat, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Murry, following his strong summer-league showing with the Knicks, ultimately decided to try to build on his July success in a New York uniform despite receiving an offer to go to camp instead with the two-time reigning champions, who have only 13 players under contract.

Murry won raves in the Las Vegas summer league for his hard-nosed play and defensive presence at 6-foot-5, most notably from Knicks legendary broadcaster Walt Frazier. Sources say that Frazier's high praise was among the factors that convinced him to try to make the Knicks' roster even after the recent signing of free agent Beno Udrih as a third point.

The Knicks do still have a roster spot open for the regular season with only 14 guaranteed contracts on their books, one shy of the league maximum.

Murry and big man Jeremy Tyler, who signed a two-year deal with New York in early August, were known to be Knicks coach Mike Woodson's two favorites from the summer league squad.
 3 years ago '04        #10388
space
space
they got my n*gga, FINALLY
 3 years ago '05        #10389
P-Hill|M 25 heat pts25
space
space
$33,827 | Props total: 3097 3097
ya'll seen felton with all that lost weight? UNC Felton... Point Doberman
 3 years ago '04        #10390
space
space
Berman

Already starting. Jeremy Tyler surgery on stress fracture out eight weeks at least.
 3 years ago '04        #10391
space
space
Berman

The injuries are already starting.

Knicks power forward/center, Jeremy Tyler, signed this summer to give them big-man depth, had surgery today to repair a stress fracture of his right fifth metatarsal, the Knicks announced. He will be out eight to 10 weeks, missing the entire preseason. Tyler was very impressive during the Las Vegas summer league, earning him a contract.

Tyler had been working out informally in scrimmages at the Knicks practice facility, with camp starting Sept. 30. The procedure was performed at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan by Dr. Martin O’Malley. The Knicks have had a handful of players working out in Tarrytown that could be invited to camp. The Knicks only have one roster spot open. Tyler is signed to a guaranteed minimum but they could always decide to cut him if he proves injury-prone. The Knicks could re-sign center Earl Barron, who finished last season with the Knicks.

Tyler played with Golden State and Atlanta as a rookie last season.
 3 years ago '08        #10392
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
Jr getting suspended for 5 games
 3 years ago '04        #10393
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- Knicks guard J.R. Smith has been suspended without pay for five games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program, the league announced Friday.

Smith is recovering from offseason knee surgery and might not be ready for the beginning of the regular season.

The NBA says Smith's suspension will begin with the first game of the season for which he is eligible and physically able to play.

The Knicks re-signed Smith in July to a three-year contract worth approximately $18 million with a player option for the third year.

The 27-year-old averaged 18.1 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season, in which he won the league's Sixth Man of the Year award. He played an integral role in the Knicks' regular-season success but struggled mightily in the playoffs, making just 33 percent of his field goal attempts.
 3 years ago '04        #10394
space
space
Ian Begley

Training camp is still a few weeks away, but some Knicks have shown up early at the team's practice facility in Greenburgh to work out together.

Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, C.J. Leslie, Amar'e Stoudemire and Beno Udrih, among others, were at the the facility this past week, according to two people with knowledge of the workouts.

It is common for players to get together on their own to work out. Some Brooklyn Nets worked out together in Los Angeles recently.

Last season, the Knicks worked out together at the team's practice facility before training camp.

Attendance at this year's workouts should pick up a bit next week.

Raymond Felton is expected to join, as is Metta World Peace. Tour'e Murry, who last week agreed to accept an invite to Knicks training camp, should join the workouts next week as well.

It is unclear when Carmelo Anthony will join. Another question mark is Andrea Bargnani. Bargnani was forced to sit out of Italy's participation in EuroBasket 2013 due to pneumonia. His availability for training camp is unknown at this point.

CUT TYLER? Jeremy Tyler, 22, underwent surgery earlier this week to repair a fracture in his fifth metatarsal of his right foot.

Tyler signed a two-year deal with the Knicks but it is only partially guaranteed. So I saw a few tweets from Knicks fans wondering if the team will cut ties with Tyler and add another big to fill the roster spot. I think that would be a bit shortsighted.

Tyler is a young player the Knicks can develop, something that is in short supply on this roster.

The Knicks also have some money invested in him, meaning they'd have to pay Tyler a certain amount of money if they decided to cut him.

So it makes sense, I think, for the Knicks to keep Tyler around and take a look at him after he heals from the surgery. He is expected to be out 8-10 weeks.
 3 years ago '04        #10395
space
space
Berman

Carmelo Anthony said Tuesday he believes the Knicks are a better team than they were last season and called the Nets rivalry now the best in the NBA.

Anthony, a guest speaker at the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit in Midtown, also indicated he would have even more of a scoring mentality than he did last season, when he won the scoring title. Anthony also cracked up the audience by joking about rumors he would sign with the Lakers as a free agent.

“We were the top two seed last year,’’ Anthony said. “I think nobody expected that. This year we expect to do the same thing. I actually see this team be better than last year’s team. I won’t get into all the details [why]. But we feel that. We feel we have improved as a unit.”

The Knicks went 54-28, winning the Atlantic Division, but petered out in the second round, losing in six games to the Pacers. The Knicks drafted Tim Hardaway Jr. and added Metta World Peace, Andrea Bargnani and point guard Beno Udrih. Their losses were Jason Kidd, Steve Novak and Marcus Camby, all three of whom barely played in the playoffs. Still, some are predicting the Knicks to drop to fifth in the East.

The restocked Nets, with Kidd as their coach, are getting all the hype, and Anthony, a Brooklyn native, is savoring it.

“I love it,” Anthony said. “I think it’s a great for sports. I think it’s great for us as a Knicks organization. To have somebody we can compete with on a consistent basis four times a year, I think it’s going to be the best rivalry in basketball for a long, long time.’’

That Anthony, who can opt out of his contract after this season, was talking in the long term appeared a good sign for Knicks fans, though the Lakers surely will try to woo Anthony next summer with their cap space.

Anthony was on the panel to talk about building a “billion-dollar brand’’ and spent time promoting his companies such as PowerCoco — a coconut water sports drink. The panel’s interviewer, Matt Miller of Bloomberg TV, teased Anthony that Los Angeles was a good place for coconut-water drinkers and the Lakers were “a strong brand.’’

Anthony shot back, “I would love to sign the Lakers up to be one of the sole teams in the West that drinks PowerCoco.’’

The crowd of sports business executives erupted in laughter.

The Knicks being training camp Sept. 30 and kick off the season Oct. 30 against the Bucks. On opening day of last year’s training camp, Anthony declared he wanted to be less of a scorer and more of an all-around player. He sang a different tune Tuesday after leading the NBA in scoring last season (28.6), perhaps realizing his output is even more vital this season.

“When you can do something so great, that’s the only thing people see you as,’’ Anthony said. “When you do something good, people don’t see that. People expect me to go out and score 30. If I score 15 points and we still win the basketball game, people look at that and say, ‘Oh, he’s not on his game today.’

“There’s a fine line. My thing is to go out there and be great. If I score the basketball and can be one of the best scorers in the world … Yeah, I can do other things and I do other things. But when you do something so well, people overlook everything else.’’

But Anthony said scoring titles mean nothing compared to his first NBA title. His playoff resume is rocky, having gotten out of the first round twice in 10 seasons.

“For me now, the only thing I need is a championship,’’ Anthony said. “I think I proved to everybody the type of basketball player I am. Everyone in the world knows I can score the basketball — to separate myself is a championship. I can count on one hand the amount of people that won a national championship in college, a gold medal and an NBA title. If I can do that, that kind of separates me from some others.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10396
space
space
RealGM

The New York Knicks have signed Toure’ Murry and Chris Smith.

Murry, 6-5, 190-pounds, averaged 7.6 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 a.ssists and 1.20 steals over 20.8 minutes in five games for New York’s entry at the 2013 NBA Summer League.

Smith, 6-2, 195-pounds, averaged 5.0 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.8 a.ssists over 19.9 minutes in five games for New York’s entry at the 2013 NBA Summer League.
 3 years ago '04        #10397
space
space
Al Iannazzone

Carmelo Anthony can become a free agent after the upcoming season, but he gave the strongest indication yet that his plan is to re-sign with the Knicks.

"I'm not going nowhere," Anthony said during an interview Tuesday with Bloomberg Television's "Market Markers."

Anthony is due to make $23.3 million in the 2014-15 season. If he were to opt out, the Lakers likely would pursue him, but the Knicks can offer him significantly more. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the most the Lakers could offer is four years and roughly $96 million. Anthony could get a maximum five-year contract worth about $129 million from the Knicks, who can start negotiating with him in February.

Money aside, Anthony pushed for the February 2011 trade from Denver to be in the spotlight and try to help the Knicks win their first championship since 1973. He led them to 54 wins last season and their first Atlantic Division title in 19 years, but they lost to Indiana in the second round.

Anthony, 29, remains hungry to carry the Knicks to a title.

"That is one of the reasons why I wanted to come here to New York, just so I could take on those pressures and those challenges,'' Anthony said. "A lot of people do not like to deal with the pressure. A lot of people do not know how to deal with the challenges they face. To me, it is everyday life.''

But Anthony doesn't want his future or free agency to be an everyday discussion. He told The a.ssociated Press at a Sept. 11 charity event Wednesday that he would not address either issue during the season. "I'm just not going to do it,'' he said. "I'm going to let everybody know the first day that I'm not going to talk about it.''

The Knicks were the No. 2 seed in the East last season behind eventual NBA champion Miami, but they lost leaders Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace. Their big offseason pickups were Andrea Bargnani, Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih.

The Knicks could take a step backward, especially with the Nets, Bulls and Pacers improved, but Anthony doesn't think so.

"I actually see this team being better than last year,'' he said Tuesday at the Bloomberg Sports Business Summit. "That's just my opinion, that's the way that we feel. And if we feel that way as a unit, then there's nothing that can come between us.''

Notes & quotes: The Knicks signed guards Toure' Murry and Chris Smith (J.R.'s brother) to non-guaranteed deals. They want to add another big man because Jeremy Tyler is out 8-10 weeks after foot surgery last week.
 3 years ago '05        #10398
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 1546 1546
Oh look somebody posted in the bulls thread

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10399
space
space
Ian Begley

Over the past two days, the New York Knicks have worked out Ricky Davis, Cole Aldrich, Justin Brownlee, Ike Diogu and Josh Powell.

The workouts are part of a free agent minicamp this week.

The Knicks recently signed guards Toure Murry and Chris Smith.
 3 years ago '08        #10400
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
Ricky davis
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
12 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Food Stamp Addicts Killing Dollar Stores
149 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A -"EAT" video 🔥🔥
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
59 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy