New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bruh.. LA traffic is crazy
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I got a hair tattoo and i regret it!
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside CyHi dropped the AOTY but yall wanna talk about 3 Stacks homosexual of..
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lauren London's Dm's Bout To Be Flooded
156 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10361
Jae_Hood_354 134 heat pts134
space
space
$8,440 | Props total: 3084 3084
i read on knicksnow woodson said only guaranteed starters are tyson, melo, n felton, training camp will decide the remaining 2 spots
 4 years ago '07        #10362
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,856 | Props total: 2191 2191
Barron isn't a bad look... I'd prefer Ivan to keep us deeper, but if not then Earl is a good look too... I remember that 18 rebound night
 4 years ago '04        #10363
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,259 | Props total: 3782 3782
Could Andrea Bargnani's illness cause a reason for Knicks to sweat his readiness for training camp?

Hahn

The Italian national team was already down a man at next month's Eurobasket in Slovenia, with Danilo Gallinari out while recovering from ACL surgery.

Bargnani is now almost a.ssured to miss the tournament, which runs from Sept. 4-22, after coming down with pneumonia.

"I'm home trying to get better as quickly as possible," he said on Twitter.

I wouldn't expect the Knicks would want to see Bargnani hurry back to the court, especially if he's not at full strength.

"We've got to be cautious and make sure that we nurse him back before we put him back on the basketball floor," Mike Woodson told ESPNNY.com. "We're still trying to make sure he's healthy . . . and right now he's not ready to play."

There is still six weeks before NBA training camps begin, so he has plenty of time to recover, get back in the gym and regain his strength to prepare for the coming season. And while playing for the national team is important to European players, being ready for his first year in New York -- as a key player on a contending team -- must be his only priority right now.

Bargnani has missed 82 games over the last two seasons (one being a lockout-shortened 66-game season) due to elbow and calf injuries. In recent years, the former No. 1 overall pick's durability has come into question, along with his conditioning and his desire to play at a high level.

But the Knicks see the potential for him to be a dynamic fit in their spread-the-floor offense and, with two years left on his contract, are banking on the 27-year-old flourishing in a supporting role with Carmelo Anthony.

The investment made cost little in bodies (seldom-used Marcus Camby and rotation refugee Steve Novak) but they did send a 2016 first round pick in the deal.

Bargnani can certainly help this team, but only if he can stay healthy. This is why the Knicks probably shouldn't allow Bargnani to play for Italy at all next month. They need him at full strength when training camp begins.
 4 years ago '07        #10364
Chief|m 54 heat pts54
space
space
$22,129 | Props total: 1974 1974
knicks lost
 4 years ago '04        #10365
space
space
Ian Begley

Mike Woodson said Wednesday that he's not sure who's going to start for the Knicks, which is no surprise.

It's mid-August. The Knicks open the season on Oct. 30. So there's no need for Woodson to commit to a starting lineup right now.

But Woodson did offer a glimpse into his thinking while speaking with reporters Wednesday at a Garden of Dreams event.

The coach said Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony and Raymond Felton will be in his starting five. But he was noncommittal when asked about Iman Shumpert starting at shooting guard, which is revealing.

If Shumpert doesn't start at shooting guard, it's likely Woodson would go with a two-point guard lineup, because other than Shumpert, the Knicks don't have many options at the 2. J.R. Smith is injured and may miss the beginning of the season. The Knicks have Tim Hardaway Jr., but it's highly unlikely the Knicks would ask the rookie to start.

So, based on what Woodson said Wednesday, it seems likely he will go with a starting backcourt of Pablo Prigioni and Felton. If that's the case, Shumpert will likely play small forward, leaving Anthony at power forward and Chandler at center.

The Knicks, of course, had great success with a two-point guard alignment last year. They won 13 straight games late in the regular season with Prigioni at point guard and Felton at shooting guard. They also won a playoff series against Boston with that lineup.

There could be an interesting byproduct of the two-point guard lineup with this season's team. a.ssuming the Knicks remain healthy, there will be a lot of talent on the bench.

If Woodson goes with Prigioni and Felton in the starting backcourt, it leaves Andrea Bargnani, Metta World Peace, Kenyon Martin and Amar'e Stoudemire on the bench. All of those players expect to get regular minutes this season, but it could be tricky for Woodson to find enough minutes to meet those expectations. It's likely at least one guy will play fewer minutes than he expected. The other reserves (Smith, when he's healthy, Hardaway Jr. and Beno Udrih) should fit in seamlessly.

Of course, Woodson -- and any other coach -- will tell you that having too many quality players on your roster is a good problem. And, as long as players don't snipe about minutes, it is a good problem. The depth could prove valuable if any key Knicks suffer injuries during the season.

Still, if Woodson goes with a two-point guard alignment, it's worthwhile to wonder how he'll juggle a bench that's loaded with talent.
Question: If you're Mike Woodson, what bench rotations would you go with if you have two point guards in the starting five?

RING FOR SALE: The Knicks, as you know, haven't won a title since 1972-73. If you want a piece of that last title season, Jerry Lucas, a member of the '72-'73 team, is your man. Lucas is putting his ring up for auction. Check out this video of ESPN's Michelle Steele talking to Lucas about his collection, including the ring from '72-'73.
 4 years ago '12        #10366
You Hater 1444 heat pts1444
space
space
$42,269 | Props total: 19689 19689

3 - 5 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 37% 184 (-10) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 88-75, Rank #61 | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
 4 years ago '04        #10367
space
space
Frank Isola

"Iranian center Hamed Haddadi is meeting with Knicks officials today, the Daily News has learned."
 4 years ago '07        #10368
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,856 | Props total: 2191 2191
Don't want Haddadi. No.
 4 years ago '04        #10369
space
space
Berman

What, me worry?

Iman Shumpert said whether Knicks owner James Dolan was ticked at him for allegedly balking at playing in the Las Vegas summer league in July isn’t his problem.

Shumpert played just one summer-league game before heading to China and Taiwan to help open an Adidas store and serve as NBA ambassador.

The controversy arose when an outtake from ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith’s interview with Dwight Howard surfaced on YouTube. During an off-air chat, Smith told Howard he heard Dolan was furious at Shumpert for allegedly not wanting to play summer league and he wanted him traded. Smith said later on his radio show he believed Dolan was no longer peeved because Shumpert showed up.

“That’s fine, that’s the media,’’ Shumpert said at yesterday’s Delta Open event with U.S. Open’s No. 1 seed Serena Williams at Madison Square Park. “Things get blown up in this day and age, with social media. It’s crazy. That video got out there and stuff happens. I’m happy to be a Knick. I’m worried about business.”

Asked if he knows for certain if Dolan is still irritated, Shumpert said, “I don’t know. It doesn’t concern me. I got to make sure we go out and play basketball.’’

The Post reported Knicks coach Mike Woodson also was concerned Shumpert played one game because the Knicks wanted to test him at point guard.

But now that need isn’t as severe because the Knicks signed a third point guard, veteran Beno Udrih, this month.

Last week, Woodson wouldn’t guarantee Shumpert would start. He said Raymond Felton, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler are the only guaranteed starters. Shumpert started 45 games last season.

Shumpert said playing time is Woodson’s call.

“I don’t know what they’re going to do,’’ Shumpert said. “It’s our job as players to be at the highest level we can play at. It’s up to Coach Woodie to make those decisions. He’s the guy who will be losing sleep on what guys he should play, lineups to play. I’m just going to be a piece of the puzzle.’’

The Knicks should benefit from having Shumpert, in his third season, for his first full training camp. His first season camp was abbreviated drastically because of the lockout. Last season, he was rehabbing a torn ACL in his left knee.

“It will be good this year just to have a training camp and be with the guys all year,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m so excited. Not to have a lockout, nothing going wrong this year.’’

Though Shumpert was solid last season, he has to be markedly better if the Knicks have any real hope of contending for a title. Upon his return Jan. 17, Shumpert had too many passive offensive nights, and Woodson pointed out his flaws during summer league.

Shumpert also said he wasn’t a.ssertive enough offensively.

“Sometimes I saw myself just catching the ball, catching the ball and not looking to do anything with it,’’ Shumpert said. “My first year, every time I caught the ball, I was looking to do something. Whether it was the right decision, I don’t know. But I was always aggressive. When I first came back my second year, a lot of times I wasn’t aggressive.

“I would catch the ball, I’d be on my heels instead of my toes. You got to put your defender on your heels.’’

In his lone summer-league game, Shumpert was 0-for -5, with five turnovers as starting point guard. The Knicks have sent coaches to Shumpert since he got back from China to work him out.

Shumpert said he doesn’t feel he needed more than one summer-league outing.

“I played point guard my whole rookie year except at the end,’’ Shumpert said. “I’ve been at point guard before.’’

Shumpert also is tuning out the noise from Brooklyn, with Paul Pierce touting the Nets’ superiority.

“The Knicks are worried about the Knicks,’’ Shumpert said. “We’ll talk during the season.’’
 4 years ago '04        #10370
space
space
Berman

The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to f!ght for the city.’

“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said yesterday on the new “Crowd Goes Wild’’ show hosted by Regis Philbin on FOX Sports 1.

“Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’

World Peace spoke a lot more highly of the Knicks than the Lakers, who made him an amnesty cut in July after losing Dwight Howard and after their very disappointing season.

“It wasn’t fun,’’ World Peace said. “There was no chemistry. [Deceased Lakers owner] Dr. Buss was a chemist. All his molecules had great formulas. This one didn’t match up. So we kind of had no chemistry. There was no chemistry as an organization.

“I thought we were going to win a championship. I was ready for my vacation after ring No. 2 in Turks and Caicos.’’

Asked how quickly he deleted Howard’s cell phone number after the center bolted to the Rockets, World Peace said, “Never had it.’’
 4 years ago '08        #10371
AC_89 196 heat pts196
space
space
$38,939 | Props total: 13162 13162
Didnt shump play pg in college?
 4 years ago '04        #10372
space
space
yeah he did
 4 years ago '07        #10373
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,469 | Props total: 378 378
Shump would be great at point in a couple seasons.. baby rose
 4 years ago '04        #10374
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Free-agent center Hamed Haddadi, who worked out for the Knicks on Aug. 16, might not be done with the team yet. A source close to the player says it is "still possible" that Haddadi signs with New York.

The Knicks technically have only one roster spot remaining, but C.J. Leslie and Jeremy Tyler both inked partially guaranteed contracts, which means they are not locks to make the official team.

Several sources have told ESPNNewYork.com in the past two weeks that the Knicks are focused on adding a big man before training camp starts in early October. The Knicks could really use another rebounder and shot-blocker, especially against bigger-sized teams like the Nets and Pacers, who both upgraded their frontcourt this offseason.

While there are concerns about Haddadi's mobility up and down the court, another source close to the player said the Knicks are intrigued with his size and interior presence.

"He won't wow you with his athleticism, but he's a high-volume energy guy and has good skills to be a good, solid defensive backup," the source said, who also noted that Haddadi is open to a veteran's minimum deal.

The 7-2 Iranian has been in the NBA since 2008, playing for the Grizzlies and then the Suns in the second half of last season. In about 14 minutes per game in Phoenix, he averaged 4.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.2 blocks.

Haddadi, 28, had been on the Knicks' radar for some time this summer, but he was unable to visit New York until mid-August because he was busy in the Philippines participating in the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship, of which he was named MVP. It's worth noting that Haddadi's agent, Marc Cornstein, also represents two of the latest Knicks acquisitions, Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih.

The Knicks are also still in talks with Earl Barron and Ivan Johnson, who's a tweener big at 6-8, but one player source believes the Knicks will not rush a decision.

"I'm actually getting the feeling they will stay with 14 [players], and possibly bring in non-guaranteed guys for vet camp spots," the source said.
 4 years ago '04        #10375
space
space
Source: In addition to the Knicks, the Pacers, Pelicans and Sixers are interested in Earl Barron.
 4 years ago '04        #10376
space
space
Ian Begley

NEW YORK -- Paul Pierce has sparked a war of words between the Brooklyn Nets and the New York Knicks.

Earlier this month, Pierce said that he believed that the Nets would eventually own New York.

J.R. Smith is the latest Knick to take umbrage to Pierce's comments.

"I just look at him as a bitter person just getting out of Boston. He doesn't really know what New York is all about. He's been playing in Boston his whole career," Smith told ESPN New York on Saturday.

Smith, speaking without anger in his voice, added: "He just knows, just know that his words have consequences and he's going to have to pay for them."

Pierce, an ex-Celtic, said earlier this month that his hatred for the Knicks "has grown a little" since he joined the Nets in July following a blockbuster trade.

"Everybody knows how much I disliked the Knicks when I was with the Celtics, but I think it's grown to another level," Pierce said on ESPN NewYork 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show." "I think it's time for the Nets to start running this city."

In an interview with Complex Magazine, Pierce added that he believed the Nets will eventually be the most popular team in New York.

"Oh yeah. Right now it might be like 70-30 but we're gonna push that the other way," Pierce told the magazine.

On Saturday, Smith said Pierce's comments don't necessarily rub him the wrong way, but he disagrees strongly with the idea that the Nets will eventually take over New York.

"They're in one borough, we're all over. So it's like, you're on an island and we've got the whole country. So it's nothing really to even talk about," Smith said at a PGA Foundation golf clinic at Chelsea Piers for the New York/New Jersey Boys & Girls Club.

Earlier this month, Knicks point guard Ray Felton also shot back at Pierce.

"They will never take over the city. Because we've got 'New York' on our chest," Felton said. "They've got 'Brooklyn' on their chest, and we've got 'New York.' They'll never take over the city.

"[Pierce] saying that is just him talking. At the end of the day, it's all about rivalries. We understand that -- he knows that, I know that. He's just trying to fuel it."

Felton said Pierce's headline-grabbing predictions are good for the Knicks-Nets rivalry, but he doesn't believe them to be malicious.

"He's just trying to talk, talk, talk, to fuel the rivalry, which is good. I love it," said Felton, who laughed when asked about Pierce's comments. "I think it's good for us, it's good for the whole state, it's good. So, whatever -- I love it."

The Nets and Knicks both made upgrades in the offseason. Brooklyn grabbed headlines trading for Celtics stalwarts Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Brooklyn also signed free-agent Andrei Kirilenko and hired ex-Knick Jason Kidd as its head coach.

The Knicks acquired Andrea Bargnani in a trade with Toronto and signed Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih.

The Knicks and Nets will play four times in the regular season, including twice in April. The first Knicks-Nets game is Dec. 5 at the Barclays Center.

Smith should be back on the court for that first Knicks-Nets meeting, but he may not be ready for the season-opener as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
 4 years ago '04        #10377
space
space
Berman

Beno Udrih already got a taste of New York, attending last night’s U.S. Open quarterfinals. Now he wants a taste of a championship in the Big Apple.

Udrih, the Knicks 31-year-old backup point guard who signed as a free agent last month, won two titles with the Spurs. Now he wants his new teammates thinking title from Day 1 of training camp, which begins Sept. 30.

“I believe our team can go as far as going to the Finals,’’ Udrih told The Post at Ashe Stadium in his first remarks since signing. “We have to think like that from the first practice. We can be very good. It all depends how seriously we’re going to take it.

“We all believe we can go really far. And our goal from the beginning has to be win it all because we know we’re going to be in the playoffs. Our mentality from the first practice has to be: we want to win a championship.’’

The Slovenian point guard got paid $7 million last season, but he had to ply his trade in Milwaukee and Orlando. Nevertheless, it was a surprise the Knicks got him for the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum.

“I just want to be on a winning team,’’ Udrih said. “The last couple of years I was with teams rebuilding. I was trying to bring them a winning mentality and it didn’t happen. Now I’m actually on a team where I can play basketball and help a team win instead of teaching young guys how to win.’’

San Antonio, tried to get him back, Udrih said. Memphis was also in the mix and two European teams. “I’ve been there,‘’ Udrih said of nixing the Spurs. “I know their mentality. Tony Parker’s their guard. Been there, done that. I’ve always wanted to play for the Knicks. It’s something special. ‘’

Udrih, who sat with his wife, already has a place in Manhattan. He has been working out at the Tarrytown practice facility with a handful of guys — Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert, Amar’e Stoudemire, Jeremy Tyler and Chris Smith, who has been invited to camp.

Udrih said he wants to be one of the leaders as coach Mike Woodson wants to use him in a three-point-guard-platoon with Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni.

“I know what it means how to win,’’ Udrih said. “Last year’s team got a taste of winning and had bad luck vs. Indiana [in the second round]. Tyson got sick — a lot of injury problems. We have to stay healthy all year and it’s good we have a deep team. Some guys can get time off and still get a win.’’
 4 years ago '04        #10378
space
space
Marc Stein

Free-agent guard Toure' Murry has accepted the New York Knicks' invitation to training camp after a strong late push from the Miami Heat, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Murry, following his strong summer-league showing with the Knicks, ultimately decided to try to build on his July success in a New York uniform despite receiving an offer to go to camp instead with the two-time reigning champions, who have only 13 players under contract.

Murry won raves in the Las Vegas summer league for his hard-nosed play and defensive presence at 6-foot-5, most notably from Knicks legendary broadcaster Walt Frazier. Sources say that Frazier's high praise was among the factors that convinced him to try to make the Knicks' roster even after the recent signing of free agent Beno Udrih as a third point.

The Knicks do still have a roster spot open for the regular season with only 14 guaranteed contracts on their books, one shy of the league maximum.

Murry and big man Jeremy Tyler, who signed a two-year deal with New York in early August, were known to be Knicks coach Mike Woodson's two favorites from the summer league squad.
 4 years ago '04        #10379
space
space
they got my n*gga, FINALLY
 4 years ago '05        #10380
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$36,982 | Props total: 10531 10531
ya'll seen felton with all that lost weight? UNC Felton... Point Doberman
Home      

most viewed right now
Mercedes Morr Might Be My Favorite Stripper Of All Time (@missmercedesmorr)
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Tig ol Bittie Ms. Christine Lashawn
37 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 21 - Here's What u Have to Earn to Get a Mortgage in America's 50 ..
137 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ‘Aquaman:’ Director James Wan Says His Film Won’t Use Air Bubbles Like..
26 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Other Demi In Revealing Dress Looking Right
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she too pretty to be a pornstar?
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside "Dragon Ball Super" in Classic 90's DBZ Style & Coloring
138 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see..
203 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy