most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 2 - LEAN thieves caught with GPS enabled bottle of SIZZURP
32 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10361
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Berman

Beno Udrih won titles with the Spurs in 2005 and 2007, but had since lost that exciting feeling of being in the title chase.

That’s why the Knicks got their man Thursday. The 6-foot-3 Slovenian point guard signed with the Knicks for less money, agreeing to his veterans minimum of $1.27 million as the Knicks put a solid capper to their summer maneuverings. They were desperate for a third point guard because they like to pair Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni together in the backcourt.

After seasons with the Kings, Bucks and Magic, Udrih wanted to win again. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said Udrih had “many offers,’’ including at least one for more than the minimum.

“He had been on rebuilding teams and he was ready to go back to the big stage,’’ Cornstein told The Post. “It was really important for him to go back to competing for a title.’’

The Post reported Wednesday the Knicks emerged as favorites for Udrih and were on verge of a deal. Udrih met with Mike Woodson, general manager Glen Grunwald and a.ssistant GM Allan Houston Monday night.

“He was extremely impressed,’’ Cornstein said. “They were straight forward, clear about his role, and he’s really satisfied. He likes how Woodson plays multiple guards.’’

Grunwald said in a statement Udrih brings “more depth and flexibility” and is “a talented and experienced floor general who brings championship experience to our locker room.’’

The Knicks have 14 of their 15 roster spots filled. With little money under cap rules to spend, they did well in adding Metta World Peace and Udrih for a combined $2.8 million.
 3 years ago '04        #10362
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith said it doesn’t matter what the Nets did this summer, the Knicks still are Kings of New York.

Making his first remarks of the offseason and since his left knee surgery in mid-July, Smith praised the Knicks summer additions and said if he plays well in next season’s playoffs, it won’t matter what other clubs have done.

“It’s an unbelievable move for J-Kidd [Nets coach Jason Kidd] to have a team like that to start off his first year,’’ Smith said at his charity golf tournament in Lakewood, N.J. Thursday. “They have a great chance to compete for a title. But we’re still the marquee team in New York. A lot of people are counting us out just like last year . We have a lot to prove. We’ll come out with a lot of edge and hopefully put it to positive use on the court.’’

Smith had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and a chipped patella tendon last month and is expected to miss three to four months. As first reported in The Post, his play was affected in the Indiana playoff series because of fluid on his knee.

Now, Smith said he feels he is back to Sixth Man of the Year form, and the Knicks will be dangerous.

“My motivation is because how bad I played last year [in the playoffs],’’ Smith said. “I’ve seen moves the other teams made. It didn’t affect us unless I don’t play well. If I don’t play well, unfortunately we don’t win. If I play well, we won’t have to worry about anyone else.’’

Smith said he doesn’t know when he will return, but still hasn’t ruled out competing in training camp and playing in the Oct. 30 opener against the Bucks at the Garden.

The rehabbing guard had a slight limp yesterday and was unable to play in his golf event benefitting the J.R. Smith Youth Foundation.

“It’s still too early to tell from what I hear from the doctors but I hope so, I want to be there opening night,’’ Smith said. “I want to start training camp with the team.’’

Smith said he liked the Knicks offseason moves, including yesterday’s signing of point guard Beno Udrih that puts a finish to their summer moves.

“Beno is an unbelievable point guard,’’ Smith said of Udrih. “He played great against us last year versus Milwaukee. He’ll definitely help myself, Ray [Felton], Carmelo [Anthony]. He’s a pass-first point guard and can knock down an open shot.’’

Smith called Metta World Peace “an all out warrior’’ and Andrea Bargnani “one of the underrated guys in the league.’’

Smith also said he is ready to move on after his woeful series against the Pacers in the second round of the playoffs.

“I’m not going to make excuses why I played so bad,” he said. “I want to come back next year 100 percent and have a better playoffs.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10363
space
space
Jared Zwerling

"Source: Lithuanian big #Knicks worked out this week was Ovidijus Galdikas. Initial thoughts were Robertas Javtokas or Mindaugas Kuzminskas."
 3 years ago '07        #10364
influence22 
space
space
space
$480 | Props total: 118 118
 Born_Loser said:
Jared Zwerling

"Source: Lithuanian big #Knicks worked out this week was Ovidijus Galdikas. Initial thoughts were Robertas Javtokas or Mindaugas Kuzminskas."
could help on D, for those asking "who is this guy?"

[video - click to view]

3 years ago '04        #10365
space
space
In the top-heavy East, ESPN experts predict #Knicks will finish 5th. Why they are right, why they could be wrong:

Hahn

Last season, when the Knicks clinched their first Atlantic Division since 1994, there was vindication in the lack of validation. Last season not one member of the ESPN panel picked the Knicks to win the division.

This season, after the Knicks finished second in the East, the ESPN panel predicts the Knicks will drop to fifth. But it's not necessarily a sign of disrespect or an indication that the team got worse.

It's that the East got better and the Knicks, the experts say, didn't.

As long as LeBron James is physically invincible, the Heat remain the favorites. Derrick Rose's return makes the Bulls a favorite again and the Indiana Pacers got tougher, which didn't seem possible.

Then there's the Nets, who added two Hall of Famers in Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierece, to form an all-star starting five with a strong bench.

The Knicks made some notable changes, too, with the additions of Andrea Bargnani, Metta World Peace and Beno Udrih. But they're still lacking in rebounding and the core of the team is still made of up players that members of the basketball media just can't trust or embrace. And then there's Amar'e Stoudemire and the fact that he takes up $20M in payroll and may only be able to play 20 minutes a night. Not to mention JR Smith, arguably the team's second-most important offensive player, coming off knee surgery.

So while the Knicks didn't make any dramatic improvements or directly address issues from last season (passing, rebounding), it's still fair to say they didn't get worse. In fact, you could argue that, by getting younger, they have better potential. But it may not be enough to maintain the No. 2 spot in the East.

However, that's also a.ssuming Rose, after a full season off, can go right back to being the MVP-caliber dynamo he was before the knee injury. It's a.ssuming Danny Granger and Paul George can coexist in the Pacers' offense while Roy Hibbert still feels involved. It's also a.ssuming that KG and Pierce, who looked out of gas at the end of last season, have enough left to make a difference through 82 games.

It's a.ssuming Bargnani isn't rejuvenated playing off Melo and MWP doesn't provide the ruggedness this team lacked last season. It's a.ssuming Tyson Chandler won't go back to being a defensive stalwart.

Oh and let's not forget the emerging Iman Shumpert, who will have a full season.

Don't get mad at predictions, read them to get a better understanding. This wil be an interesting season on many levels for the Knicks.
 3 years ago '04        #10366
space
space
Jorge Sierra

Gary Forbes is working out for the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, according to a source.

Forbes will also have a workout for the New York Knicks next week.

Forbes played in China last season with the Zhejiang Lions.
 3 years ago '05        #10367
xOuttAconTrolx 
space
space
$352 | Props total: 11 11
Thanks for always keeping me informed born_loser
 3 years ago '04        #10368
space
space
Jared Zwerling

The Knicks and free-agent center Earl Barron, who joined the team late last season, have strong mutual interest, according to a source close to the player.

"He wants to be back in New York. There has been a lot of interest, and that's with them and with them to us," the source said. "I think it's just going to be one of those wait situations, where I think the signing of Jeremy Tyler didn't really knock [Barron] out of it, but it slowed the process up for him for sure."

"But Earl wants to be a Knick. He's waiting for the Knicks to pull the trigger. He thinks that the Knicks will have a chance to win a championship, and he wants to be a part of it."

While the Knicks signed Tyler, 22, to a two-year, non-guaranteed contract, they still could use a seasoned backup center like the 7-0 Barron, a solid rebounder and rim protector who could play key minutes off the bench depending on the matchup. That's especially true for when the Knicks face the Nets and Pacers, who both upgraded their frontcourt. Overall, the group of serviceable big men available is slim.

The source said five other NBA teams have invited Barron to training camp this fall, but the Knicks remain the priority. In fact, both sides have met "a couple of times already" this summer, according to the source.

Barron, 32, appeared in seven games (six starts) for the Knicks in 2009-10, averaging 11.7 points and 11.0 rebounds over 33.1 minutes. Last season, while he only played in one regular-season game for the Knicks -- an 11-point, 18-rebound performance on April 17 against the Hawks -- the source said he impressed Mike Woodson during his short stint.

"I think Mike Woodson likes him a lot because of the professionalism he showed this year," the source said. "He went from a vacation -- a weekend trip with his family -- to flying into D.C., drove to the airport and flew to New York and got in at midnight. He worked out for the coaches at 6 o'clock that morning, took the physical after that and then played 36 minutes that same night, and he had almost 20 boards. Earl kept his body right."

The source said it's "hard to tell" what move the Knicks will make next.

"I don't know what they're searching for," he said. "I do know that a lot of the Knicks' brass wants Earl there."

On Wednesday at the Knicks' training facility, Woodson commented on how the team might fill the remaining roster spot, saying, "I don't know. Most teams kind of wait late. ... If somebody falls through the cracks, it might give us an opportunity to snatch another body."

For most of the summer, Barron has been working out in Washington, D.C., with Dan Connelly, the younger brother of NBA executives Pat and Tim who is an advance scout for the Jazz. Barron has been in the gym a few times with Wizards center Emeka Okafor.

The source said Barron will not pursue another deal, including overseas, until he has clear direction from the Knicks. Barron is open to the veteran's minimum, which is all the team can offer.

"Earl just wants to play," the source said. "He just wants to be a part of a winning situation. He was on a championship team with the Miami Heat. He's been around. He's a serviceable veteran, but he's more of a great locker-room guy."
 3 years ago '08        #10369
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,790 | Props total: 5523 5523
What yall think the starting lineup should be?

felt
shump
melo
artest
chandler
 3 years ago '04        #10370
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
i read on knicksnow woodson said only guaranteed starters are tyson, melo, n felton, training camp will decide the remaining 2 spots
 3 years ago '07        #10371
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
Barron isn't a bad look... I'd prefer Ivan to keep us deeper, but if not then Earl is a good look too... I remember that 18 rebound night
 3 years ago '04        #10372
space
space
Could Andrea Bargnani's illness cause a reason for Knicks to sweat his readiness for training camp?

Hahn

The Italian national team was already down a man at next month's Eurobasket in Slovenia, with Danilo Gallinari out while recovering from ACL surgery.

Bargnani is now almost a.ssured to miss the tournament, which runs from Sept. 4-22, after coming down with pneumonia.

"I'm home trying to get better as quickly as possible," he said on Twitter.

I wouldn't expect the Knicks would want to see Bargnani hurry back to the court, especially if he's not at full strength.

"We've got to be cautious and make sure that we nurse him back before we put him back on the basketball floor," Mike Woodson told ESPNNY.com. "We're still trying to make sure he's healthy . . . and right now he's not ready to play."

There is still six weeks before NBA training camps begin, so he has plenty of time to recover, get back in the gym and regain his strength to prepare for the coming season. And while playing for the national team is important to European players, being ready for his first year in New York -- as a key player on a contending team -- must be his only priority right now.

Bargnani has missed 82 games over the last two seasons (one being a lockout-shortened 66-game season) due to elbow and calf injuries. In recent years, the former No. 1 overall pick's durability has come into question, along with his conditioning and his desire to play at a high level.

But the Knicks see the potential for him to be a dynamic fit in their spread-the-floor offense and, with two years left on his contract, are banking on the 27-year-old flourishing in a supporting role with Carmelo Anthony.

The investment made cost little in bodies (seldom-used Marcus Camby and rotation refugee Steve Novak) but they did send a 2016 first round pick in the deal.

Bargnani can certainly help this team, but only if he can stay healthy. This is why the Knicks probably shouldn't allow Bargnani to play for Italy at all next month. They need him at full strength when training camp begins.
 3 years ago '07        #10373
Chief|m 51 heat pts51
space
space
$18,888 | Props total: 973 973
knicks lost
 3 years ago '04        #10374
space
space
Ian Begley

Mike Woodson said Wednesday that he's not sure who's going to start for the Knicks, which is no surprise.

It's mid-August. The Knicks open the season on Oct. 30. So there's no need for Woodson to commit to a starting lineup right now.

But Woodson did offer a glimpse into his thinking while speaking with reporters Wednesday at a Garden of Dreams event.

The coach said Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony and Raymond Felton will be in his starting five. But he was noncommittal when asked about Iman Shumpert starting at shooting guard, which is revealing.

If Shumpert doesn't start at shooting guard, it's likely Woodson would go with a two-point guard lineup, because other than Shumpert, the Knicks don't have many options at the 2. J.R. Smith is injured and may miss the beginning of the season. The Knicks have Tim Hardaway Jr., but it's highly unlikely the Knicks would ask the rookie to start.

So, based on what Woodson said Wednesday, it seems likely he will go with a starting backcourt of Pablo Prigioni and Felton. If that's the case, Shumpert will likely play small forward, leaving Anthony at power forward and Chandler at center.

The Knicks, of course, had great success with a two-point guard alignment last year. They won 13 straight games late in the regular season with Prigioni at point guard and Felton at shooting guard. They also won a playoff series against Boston with that lineup.

There could be an interesting byproduct of the two-point guard lineup with this season's team. a.ssuming the Knicks remain healthy, there will be a lot of talent on the bench.

If Woodson goes with Prigioni and Felton in the starting backcourt, it leaves Andrea Bargnani, Metta World Peace, Kenyon Martin and Amar'e Stoudemire on the bench. All of those players expect to get regular minutes this season, but it could be tricky for Woodson to find enough minutes to meet those expectations. It's likely at least one guy will play fewer minutes than he expected. The other reserves (Smith, when he's healthy, Hardaway Jr. and Beno Udrih) should fit in seamlessly.

Of course, Woodson -- and any other coach -- will tell you that having too many quality players on your roster is a good problem. And, as long as players don't snipe about minutes, it is a good problem. The depth could prove valuable if any key Knicks suffer injuries during the season.

Still, if Woodson goes with a two-point guard alignment, it's worthwhile to wonder how he'll juggle a bench that's loaded with talent.
Question: If you're Mike Woodson, what bench rotations would you go with if you have two point guards in the starting five?

RING FOR SALE: The Knicks, as you know, haven't won a title since 1972-73. If you want a piece of that last title season, Jerry Lucas, a member of the '72-'73 team, is your man. Lucas is putting his ring up for auction. Check out this video of ESPN's Michelle Steele talking to Lucas about his collection, including the ring from '72-'73.
 3 years ago '12        #10375
6ixth Disciple 1351 heat pts1351
space
space
$39,781 | Props total: 14274 14274

62 - 43 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 59% 35 (+16) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
 3 years ago '04        #10376
space
space
Frank Isola

"Iranian center Hamed Haddadi is meeting with Knicks officials today, the Daily News has learned."
 3 years ago '07        #10377
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,876 | Props total: 161 161
Don't want Haddadi. No.
 3 years ago '04        #10378
space
space
Berman

What, me worry?

Iman Shumpert said whether Knicks owner James Dolan was ticked at him for allegedly balking at playing in the Las Vegas summer league in July isn’t his problem.

Shumpert played just one summer-league game before heading to China and Taiwan to help open an Adidas store and serve as NBA ambassador.

The controversy arose when an outtake from ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith’s interview with Dwight Howard surfaced on YouTube. During an off-air chat, Smith told Howard he heard Dolan was furious at Shumpert for allegedly not wanting to play summer league and he wanted him traded. Smith said later on his radio show he believed Dolan was no longer peeved because Shumpert showed up.

“That’s fine, that’s the media,’’ Shumpert said at yesterday’s Delta Open event with U.S. Open’s No. 1 seed Serena Williams at Madison Square Park. “Things get blown up in this day and age, with social media. It’s crazy. That video got out there and stuff happens. I’m happy to be a Knick. I’m worried about business.”

Asked if he knows for certain if Dolan is still irritated, Shumpert said, “I don’t know. It doesn’t concern me. I got to make sure we go out and play basketball.’’

The Post reported Knicks coach Mike Woodson also was concerned Shumpert played one game because the Knicks wanted to test him at point guard.

But now that need isn’t as severe because the Knicks signed a third point guard, veteran Beno Udrih, this month.

Last week, Woodson wouldn’t guarantee Shumpert would start. He said Raymond Felton, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler are the only guaranteed starters. Shumpert started 45 games last season.

Shumpert said playing time is Woodson’s call.

“I don’t know what they’re going to do,’’ Shumpert said. “It’s our job as players to be at the highest level we can play at. It’s up to Coach Woodie to make those decisions. He’s the guy who will be losing sleep on what guys he should play, lineups to play. I’m just going to be a piece of the puzzle.’’

The Knicks should benefit from having Shumpert, in his third season, for his first full training camp. His first season camp was abbreviated drastically because of the lockout. Last season, he was rehabbing a torn ACL in his left knee.

“It will be good this year just to have a training camp and be with the guys all year,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m so excited. Not to have a lockout, nothing going wrong this year.’’

Though Shumpert was solid last season, he has to be markedly better if the Knicks have any real hope of contending for a title. Upon his return Jan. 17, Shumpert had too many passive offensive nights, and Woodson pointed out his flaws during summer league.

Shumpert also said he wasn’t a.ssertive enough offensively.

“Sometimes I saw myself just catching the ball, catching the ball and not looking to do anything with it,’’ Shumpert said. “My first year, every time I caught the ball, I was looking to do something. Whether it was the right decision, I don’t know. But I was always aggressive. When I first came back my second year, a lot of times I wasn’t aggressive.

“I would catch the ball, I’d be on my heels instead of my toes. You got to put your defender on your heels.’’

In his lone summer-league game, Shumpert was 0-for -5, with five turnovers as starting point guard. The Knicks have sent coaches to Shumpert since he got back from China to work him out.

Shumpert said he doesn’t feel he needed more than one summer-league outing.

“I played point guard my whole rookie year except at the end,’’ Shumpert said. “I’ve been at point guard before.’’

Shumpert also is tuning out the noise from Brooklyn, with Paul Pierce touting the Nets’ superiority.

“The Knicks are worried about the Knicks,’’ Shumpert said. “We’ll talk during the season.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10379
space
space
Berman

The always colorful and controversial Metta World Peace promised he will have no problems fitting in quietly with the Knicks because he wants a ring and promised, “I’m going to f!ght for the city.’

“It’s easy when playing on a team to do exactly what the coach asks of you and do what it takes to win,’’ World Peace said yesterday on the new “Crowd Goes Wild’’ show hosted by Regis Philbin on FOX Sports 1.

“Don’t fall into the category of egos or ‘I want to be the superstar or I should get more shots.’ We need a ring. That’s all that matters.’’

World Peace spoke a lot more highly of the Knicks than the Lakers, who made him an amnesty cut in July after losing Dwight Howard and after their very disappointing season.

“It wasn’t fun,’’ World Peace said. “There was no chemistry. [Deceased Lakers owner] Dr. Buss was a chemist. All his molecules had great formulas. This one didn’t match up. So we kind of had no chemistry. There was no chemistry as an organization.

“I thought we were going to win a championship. I was ready for my vacation after ring No. 2 in Turks and Caicos.’’

Asked how quickly he deleted Howard’s cell phone number after the center bolted to the Rockets, World Peace said, “Never had it.’’
 3 years ago '08        #10380
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,790 | Props total: 5523 5523
Didnt shump play pg in college?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
138 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
56 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole ethers Lil Yatchy
278 comments
1 day ago