New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Everyday Struggle | Addressing the Migos Situation, Big Sean Taking Shots, Saf..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA People are upset about the BBB segment last night on Raw :dead:
129 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Seems like kanye west is BACK
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Treach says biggie was a scared of the niggas around him and wasn't a s..
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10341
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Hahn

A big part of the Knicks' success last season was the 18-5 start. A good start can carry a team through the mid-season doldrums. So does the 2013-14 season offer another chance at a strong start?

Consider that 7 of the first 11 games are at home -- Madison Square Garden's three-year transformation, by the way, will be completed (skybridges and all) -- and allows the team to establish itself again as a strong home team. That's something Mike Woodson has stressed as head coach.

The first crack at some playoff redemption comes Nov. 20 at the Garden, when the Pacers come to town.

There is also a whopping eight-game, two-week homestand in late January. While it can look like something favorable for the team, the opponents certainly aren't walkovers. This homeestand brings in the Clippers, Nets, Lakers, Cavs and Heat.

Over a three-week span, the Knicks will play 11 of 13 games at the Garden.

All that home cooking comes to an end in mid-February. It sets up a barnstorming finish to the season where the team will play 19 road games over the final 30 games of the regular season. They'll be at the Garden only five times out of 16 games in the month of March.

And they'll end another five-game West Coast trip in Utah (remember the "Kurt Thomas Game"?) to close out the month. Will they need that game as much as they needed it last season?

Perhaps. They open April against the Nets, the first of two games against their Brooklyn rivals. The second of the two, April 15 at Barclays, is the second-to-last game of the regular season.

Could that game decide the Atlantic Division? Or will it be done by then?
 4 years ago '04        #10342
space
space
Sean May working out for the Knicks, dude just came through in the first place just to use the weight room. i guess NYK was like, u can use the weight room IF
 4 years ago '08        #10343
AC_89 173 heat pts173
space
space
$36,899 | Props total: 9760 9760
In correcting a mistake from last season’s first year in Brooklyn, the Knicks and Nets will face each other twice in April, when the Atlantic Division title could be decided. The Nets face the Knicks at the Garden April 2 and the two teams meet again in Brooklyn April 15 in the second-to-last game of the regular season.

lets get it
 4 years ago '04        #10344
space
space
Knicks are showing some interest according to Woj about possibly bringing back Chris Duhon
 4 years ago '04        #10345
space
space
Lester Hudson also worked out for NYK 2day
 4 years ago '08        #10346
AC_89 173 heat pts173
space
space
 Born_Loser said:
Knicks are showing some interest according to Woj about possibly bringing back Chris Duhon
 4 years ago '07        #10347
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,231 | Props total: 907 907
Huh??? Boo-hon? Doo doo-hon? You can't be serious... Knicks must be fu*king bored
 4 years ago '04        #10348
Jae_Hood_354 119 heat pts119
space
space
$8,013 | Props total: 2363 2363
 I Am The Truth said:
Huh??? Boo-hon? Doo doo-hon? You can't be serious... Knicks must be fu*king bored
hey i dont want him back either
 4 years ago '04        #10349
space
space
Berman

The Knicks have emerged as the favorite to sign 31-year-old Slovenian point guard Beno Udrih to a $1.27 million minimum contract, according to two sources. An announcement could come as soon as Thursday.

The Knicks will consider it a great value signing since Udrih made $7 million last season, leaving the Knicks long shots to land him. But the market apparently dried up for the left-handed veteran who has played on four teams, including Orlando and Milwaukee last season when he combined for 66 games.

The Knicks are looking for a third point guard to complement Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni. Being from Europe is another plus for Udrih, as Italy’s Andrea Bargnani is known to prefer hanging out with Europeans or foreign players.

Udrih averaged 8.2 points with 4.6 a.ssists last season. He has also played with San Antonio and Sacramento, mostly as a backup. In 628 games, he has made 243 starts.

Wednesday, the Knicks worked out point guard Bobby Brown of the Italian League, but he likely will finish runner-up to Udrih, whom the Knicks prefer. Brown had already signed with a Chinese team but can break the deal by Aug. 15.

If Udrih signs, that would leave the Knicks with 14 players under contract after inking big man Jeremy Tyler on Tuesday. That leaves one roster spot available and it could become a battle in training camp with several invitees with non-guaranteed deals. Point guard Toure Murry impressed in summer league, but could be the odd man out if the Knicks nab Udrih.

“If he signs with the Knicks, the reasons will not be because of the money,” Udrih’s agent, Marc Cornstein, told The Post last week. “It would be a disservice to say they’re long shots or favorites. He’s examining the situations.’’

Memphis and San Antonio were also courting Udrih. Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald said last month a third point guard was important because of the possibility of injury to Felton or Prigioni. Plus, coach Mike Woodson could elect to start Prigioni and Felton in a two-point-guard backcourt if they had someone as reliable as Udrih behind them.

Andrea Bargnani will sit out the three-game exhibition tournament for Team Italy that began Wednesday against Georgia because of lingering effects of a fever. Team Italy is prepping for September’s European Championships.
 4 years ago '04        #10350
space
space
Beno Udrih is NYK bound, said to have signed his deal last night
 4 years ago '07        #10351
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,231 | Props total: 907 907
 Born_Loser said:
Beno Udrih is NYK bound, said to have signed his deal last night

4 years ago '04        #10352
space
space
Brian Windhorst

The New York Knicks have agreed to a one-year deal with free-agent point guard Beno Udrih, sources told ESPN.com.

Udrih will sign for $1.27 million and back up starter Raymond Felton along with veteran guard Pablo Prigioni, who re-signed with the Knicks earlier this summer. He will fill the spot on the roster vacated by Jason Kidd, who retired to become the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.

The lefty Slovenian played well for the Orlando Magic at the end of last season after he was acquired from the Milwaukee Bucks. He averaged 10.2 points and 6.1 a.ssists in 27 games for the Magic. Overall in 66 games in Milwaukee and Orlando, the nine-year veteran averaged 8.2 points and 4.6 a.ssists on 44 percent shooting.

According to a league source with knowledge of the decision, Memphis was a strong suitor and Philadelphia also showed interest in Udrih, whose deciding factor was his chance to win with the Knicks.

The Knicks had limited options in free agency this summer because of their salary-cap position but have added Metta World Peace and Udrih. Earlier this week, they signed big man Jeremy Tyler to a partially guaranteed contract. The Knicks also re-signed J.R. Smith, Kenyon Martin and Prigioni. They traded for big man Andrea Bargnani.

The Knicks now have 14 players under contract, and the Udrih deal will push their luxury tax bill to more than $32 million and their total payroll to $119.8 million, including taxes.
 4 years ago '08        #10353
AC_89 173 heat pts173
space
space
udrih/felton/prigs
jr/timmy jr/shump
melo/mwp
bargs/amare
chandler/kmart/tyler

4 years ago '04        #10354
space
space
CJ DUH YUNH GAWD TU
 4 years ago '04        #10355
space
space
if this squad is not selfish, imagine this sqaud on the floor together and they have they sh*t together

Udrih, Smitty, Melo, Barg & Amar'e....all that space in the paint for n*ggas to drive
 4 years ago '07        #10356
Chief|m 53 heat pts53
space
space
$20,699 | Props total: 1487 1487
Grunwald GOT IT DONE
 4 years ago '04        #10357
space
space
Berman

Beno Udrih won titles with the Spurs in 2005 and 2007, but had since lost that exciting feeling of being in the title chase.

That’s why the Knicks got their man Thursday. The 6-foot-3 Slovenian point guard signed with the Knicks for less money, agreeing to his veterans minimum of $1.27 million as the Knicks put a solid capper to their summer maneuverings. They were desperate for a third point guard because they like to pair Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni together in the backcourt.

After seasons with the Kings, Bucks and Magic, Udrih wanted to win again. His agent, Marc Cornstein, said Udrih had “many offers,’’ including at least one for more than the minimum.

“He had been on rebuilding teams and he was ready to go back to the big stage,’’ Cornstein told The Post. “It was really important for him to go back to competing for a title.’’

The Post reported Wednesday the Knicks emerged as favorites for Udrih and were on verge of a deal. Udrih met with Mike Woodson, general manager Glen Grunwald and a.ssistant GM Allan Houston Monday night.

“He was extremely impressed,’’ Cornstein said. “They were straight forward, clear about his role, and he’s really satisfied. He likes how Woodson plays multiple guards.’’

Grunwald said in a statement Udrih brings “more depth and flexibility” and is “a talented and experienced floor general who brings championship experience to our locker room.’’

The Knicks have 14 of their 15 roster spots filled. With little money under cap rules to spend, they did well in adding Metta World Peace and Udrih for a combined $2.8 million.
 4 years ago '04        #10358
space
space
Berman

J.R. Smith said it doesn’t matter what the Nets did this summer, the Knicks still are Kings of New York.

Making his first remarks of the offseason and since his left knee surgery in mid-July, Smith praised the Knicks summer additions and said if he plays well in next season’s playoffs, it won’t matter what other clubs have done.

“It’s an unbelievable move for J-Kidd [Nets coach Jason Kidd] to have a team like that to start off his first year,’’ Smith said at his charity golf tournament in Lakewood, N.J. Thursday. “They have a great chance to compete for a title. But we’re still the marquee team in New York. A lot of people are counting us out just like last year . We have a lot to prove. We’ll come out with a lot of edge and hopefully put it to positive use on the court.’’

Smith had knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus and a chipped patella tendon last month and is expected to miss three to four months. As first reported in The Post, his play was affected in the Indiana playoff series because of fluid on his knee.

Now, Smith said he feels he is back to Sixth Man of the Year form, and the Knicks will be dangerous.

“My motivation is because how bad I played last year [in the playoffs],’’ Smith said. “I’ve seen moves the other teams made. It didn’t affect us unless I don’t play well. If I don’t play well, unfortunately we don’t win. If I play well, we won’t have to worry about anyone else.’’

Smith said he doesn’t know when he will return, but still hasn’t ruled out competing in training camp and playing in the Oct. 30 opener against the Bucks at the Garden.

The rehabbing guard had a slight limp yesterday and was unable to play in his golf event benefitting the J.R. Smith Youth Foundation.

“It’s still too early to tell from what I hear from the doctors but I hope so, I want to be there opening night,’’ Smith said. “I want to start training camp with the team.’’

Smith said he liked the Knicks offseason moves, including yesterday’s signing of point guard Beno Udrih that puts a finish to their summer moves.

“Beno is an unbelievable point guard,’’ Smith said of Udrih. “He played great against us last year versus Milwaukee. He’ll definitely help myself, Ray [Felton], Carmelo [Anthony]. He’s a pass-first point guard and can knock down an open shot.’’

Smith called Metta World Peace “an all out warrior’’ and Andrea Bargnani “one of the underrated guys in the league.’’

Smith also said he is ready to move on after his woeful series against the Pacers in the second round of the playoffs.

“I’m not going to make excuses why I played so bad,” he said. “I want to come back next year 100 percent and have a better playoffs.’’
 4 years ago '04        #10359
space
space
Jared Zwerling

"Source: Lithuanian big #Knicks worked out this week was Ovidijus Galdikas. Initial thoughts were Robertas Javtokas or Mindaugas Kuzminskas."
 4 years ago '07        #10360
influence22 
space
space
space
$496 | Props total: 129 129
 Born_Loser said:
Jared Zwerling

"Source: Lithuanian big #Knicks worked out this week was Ovidijus Galdikas. Initial thoughts were Robertas Javtokas or Mindaugas Kuzminskas."
could help on D, for those asking "who is this guy?"

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why Are So Many Female Teachers Sleeping With Students? Read more at:..
68 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I never knew coochie slaps was this entertaining
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Slim goodie got tittle litties... only 559 followers 👀
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is the ass enough to ignore the drawn on eyebrows?
22 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Oh my Damn she Stupid Thick
120 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Everything wrong with hip hop nowadays, from "an old head"
395 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jun 26 - SeaWorld is under federal investigation for statements made after 'Bl..
41 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
MMA Bodybuilder walks into UFC Champ Cody Grambrandt's Gym and gets roasted out
49 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy