New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Well Damn lambo is about to expose LeBron?
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Toronto rapper Robin Banks shot 9 times and paralyzed from the neck down
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The RICHEST NBA player who nobody knows about...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fresh PAWG for bx to worship
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10321
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,056 | Props total: 3437 3437
Knicks said to be interested in Hamed Haddadi....god i hope not, i always trade for this dude in 2k13 when im trying to dead big contracts
 4 years ago '04        #10322
space
space
Ian Begley

The Knicks have had "conversations" with representatives for free-agent guard Delonte West, a league source confirmed. The team has not offered West a contract and, the source cautioned, there is no guarantee that an offer is coming.

The Knicks have three open roster spots, so they have room to bring West in, if they choose. GM Glen Grunwald said recently that the team is open to adding a backup guard and a big man. West could fill the void at backup guard.

The talented but troubled 30-year-old last played in the NBA in 2011-12. He suited up in eight games for the Texas Legends, the Dallas Mavericks' D-League affiliate, in 2012-13, averaging 10 points on 35 percent shooting.

The conversations between West's representatives and the Knicks, which were first reported by CSNNW.com, are believed to be preliminary.

In addition to West, the Knicks have shown interest in other young guards to fill their void on the bench. New York was impressed by the play of Toure' Murry in the summer league and has extended a training camp invite to the former D-Leaguer. They also have reportedly shown interest in Bobby Brown. Grunwald has said that he may leave one or two roster spots open to give a training camp invitee the chance to earn a spot, leaving open the possibility for a player like Murry to earn a roster spot with a strong performance in camp.

New York is also said to be in the market for a backup big man to spell Tyson Chandler. The Knicks were impressed by the play of 6-foot-10 big man Jeremy Tyler during summer league. Tyler told reporters in Las Vegas that the Knicks have extended a training camp offer to him.

A league source familiar with the team's thinking said late last week that the Knicks are "standing pat" in the free-agent market for the moment.

If the Knicks choose to add West, it wouldn't be without risk. They'd be bringing in a player who was released by the Mavericks after two locker-room incidents at the beginning of the 2011-12 season. Also, there is no guarantee that West can play at the level he showed two years ago.

Those are factors that the Knicks would have to weigh if they decided to offer West a contract.
 4 years ago '04        #10323
space
space
Berman says that this is no longer the issue, NYK not interested in this bipolar ginger with herpes
 4 years ago '04        #10324
space
space
Berman

The Knicks have decided rest is more important for Amar’e Stoudemire than “The Dream Shake’’ and wisdom of Hakeem Olajuwon.

Stoudemire will not return to the Olajuwon camp in Houston to work on his post moves again this month as had been planned, The Post has learned.

Stoudemire had planned to return to Texas to refine the post moves he learned last summer. That Olajuwon is about to be named to the Rockets staff as instructor for Dwight Howard and Omar Asik is not a factor in Stoudemire not attending.

According to a Rockets source, Houston is allowing Olajuwon to fulfill any of his prior commitments with opposing players this month before he exclusively works with Rockets big men. Hence, Stoudemire might never work with Olajuwon again.

Nevertheless, there’s still a chance forward Carmelo Anthony will fulfill his plans and work on his post moves with Olajuwon after being switched to power forward last season. But Amar’e will be a no-show.

Knicks doctors are treating their $100 million investment with heavy caution after two knee debridement surgeries last season marred his 2012-13 campaign, reducing him to 29 regular-season games. Stoudemire made his second comeback in the middle of the playoff’s second round and his rustiness hurt team chemistry in the Pacers’ debacle.

The Post reported exclusively Knicks medical director Lisa Callahan has discussed putting Stoudemire on a 20-minute restriction with the possibility of not playing in back-to-back games.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said last month the plan was for Stoudemire this summer, but he never said Stoudemire wouldn’t make it to Olajuwon’s camp. It was Woodson’s idea last summer for Stoudemire to add a low-post element and work with the coach’s former Houston teammate.

Stoudemire has been touring Israel since mid-July, exploring his Jewish roots after coaching Canada in the Maccabiah Games .

“The main thing with Amar’e is we need him to rest,’’ Woodson said at the Las Vegas summer league. “Last summer, he put in a lot of time. He had some bad luck because he worked his butt off last summer. This summer we’ll rest him and make our push to get him ready for vet camp.”

Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald echoed the need for Stoudemire to slow down. Last October, he broke down in training camp.

“He really worked hard in last offseason, maybe too hard,’’ Grunwald said. “We need to pace him and have him ready for the season so when the real games and playoffs begin, he’s there for us. We’re hopefully a little smarter this year and understand where his body is at.’’

Grunwald added he still felt Stoudemire could play at a high level, even in his reduced role.

“Amar’e can definitely return to All-Star level play,’’ Grunwald said. “If we’re going to be a championship team, every player has to make some sacrifices and take the role that gives us the best chance to win. I’m not going to predict but Amar’e can certainly come back to All-Star status. He has the talent.’’

Olajuwon said he was looking forward to Stoudemire’s return to his camp because he was very enthusiastic pupil last August.

“He put in so much work, was excited and so confident,” Olajuwon said. “To see he didn’t get a chance to really show it, I felt very bad for him.’’

* Marc Cornstein, the agent for free-agent point guard Beno Udrih, told The Post five teams are still in the mix for his client’s services.

The Knicks appear long shots because they only have the $1.4 millon veteran’s minimum to offer.

“If he signs with the Knicks the reasons will not be because of the money,’’ Cornstein said. “It would be a disservice to say they’re long shots or favorites. He’s examining the situations.’’
 4 years ago '04        #10325
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Amid their search for a young big man who could provide interior scoring, rebounding and defense, the Knicks are having discussions with free agent Ivan Johnson, a player source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played for the Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract. But with remaining attractive free agents like DeJuan Blair and Antawn Jamison in the veteran's minimum financial ballpark -- Blair signed with the Mavericks for that amount -- the free-agent market is quickly changing.

"I think the mini mid-level will be tough to get at this time," the source said.

So it's likely that the 6-8, 255-pound Johnson will be financially accessible to the Knicks. The question is: could it mutually work out?

The source said, "I think it would be a great fit for Ivan to get big minutes [in New York] and further prove he can play in this league."

Johnson is known for his high motor, finishing ability and being a tenacious defender, who has good hands and timing to deflect balls and grab rebounds. Sometimes, however, he can be a little out of control. In 2012, the Hawks fined him for "conduct detrimental to the team" and later for making an obscene gesture.

Johnson could bring versatility to the Knicks' frontcourt. Carmelo Anthony is still mostly an outside facilitator even when he's at the 4 position; Amar'e Stoudemire will play limited minutes because of his surgically-repaired knees; Tyson Chandler missed 16 games last season and is now one year older and needs more support; Andrea Bargnani only played 66 games in his past two injury-riddled seasons; and Kenyon Martin has had serious injury issues in the past and he's turning 36 this December.

Johnson can play forward and center, which would fill a need for the Knicks.

"That would be a nice get for the Knicks," another source said. "I like him."

Another big man the Knicks had "strong interest" in, according to a player source, was Kris Humphries -- if the Celtics carried out their potential plan to buy him out. Humphries was also interested in playing for the veteran's minimum in New York. But a source familiar with Humphries said a buyout is unlikely at this point, as the Celtics, who acquired Humphries in the Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry trade this summer, envision a key role for him next season.

Other bigs on the Knicks' radar include (via sources): Cole Aldrich, Hamed Haddadi, Jerome Jordan, Gani Lawal, Shavlik Randolph, who was waived by the Celtics on Thursday, and Henry Sims. Jeremy Tyler, who played on the Knicks' summer league team, has received a training camp invite.

JANNERO PARGO IN THE PICTURE: According to a player source, the Knicks are now in conversations with Pargo, a veteran point guard who played for the Wizards, Hawks and Bobcats last season.

Pargo, 33, is known for his transition playmaking and spot-up shooting, but he's not great at getting in the lane and creating his own shot. However, he works well off of pick-and-rolls, and his court vision and quick reaction time enable him to see passing lanes through traps.

The Knicks also remain interested in point guards Beno Udrih and Bobby Brown, according to a source familiar with the Knicks' thinking. The Knicks have until Aug. 15 to decide on an offer for Brown, who has an opt-clause on that date in his upcoming contract with Chinese basketball club Dongguan. Regarding Delonte West, he's unlikely to be considered, according to a player source.

The Knicks will also invite Toure Murry and "a few young developmental point guards to training camp," according to a source.

Looking ahead, the Knicks have three roster spots remaining, so even if they sign a free agent soon training camp invites, such as Murry and Tyler, could still receive guaranteed contracts at the minimum.
 4 years ago '04        #10326
space
space
Berman

Agent Marc Cornstein said he believes about five teams still have interest in PG Beno Udrih, including #Knicks. Are #Knicks longshots because they only have the $1.4M veteran's minimum to offer? Probably, though Cornstein won't say. “If he signs with the Knicks the reasons will not be because of the money,’’ Cornstein told me. “It would be a disservice to say they’re long shots or favorites. He’s examining the situations.’’ Knicks have been outbid for point guards all summer. Udrih made $7M last season and hear he's all about the money. Don't bank on this signing. Cornstein is long past wanting to shuttle guys to New York, where he is based, though he did get Metta World Peace here.
 4 years ago '04        #10327
space
space
once again NYK is said to be interested in Louis Amundson but so is every other team thats in the Greg Oden sweepstakes
 4 years ago '08        #10328
AC_89 175 heat pts175
space
space
$37,226 | Props total: 10424 10424
If melo leaves us and goes to the lakers
 4 years ago '04        #10329
space
space
 dj ac said:
If melo leaves us and goes to the lakers
I don't see that happening doe, call me naive
 4 years ago '04        #10330
space
space
Hahn

Remember what GM Glen Grunwald said last month when he discussed how the team might fill the final spots on the roster, especially the third point guard position.

If you don't recall, Grunwald suggested one option would be to bring in a few veterans and have them compete. So when you read about interest in players such as Bobby Brown, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Sebastian Telfair and Jannero Pargo, among others, consider what Grunwald said.

Rather than commit to one player, the Knicks could invite a few vets in (non-guaranteed) and let them battle for a spot. If you ask why would a veteran want to do that, recall what players such as Shawne Williams, Chris Copeland, Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak were able to do for their finances when they came to play in New York.

Sometimes it can pay off to be a role player on the Knicks. Especially if the crowd falls in love with you.

Of course it's a risk for the Knicks to go this route, too. Veteran players want a.ssurances and the right guy may take an offer elsewhere, which would leave the Knicks without an important piece.
 4 years ago '05        #10331
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,009 | Props total: 3423 3423
once a knick always a knick we bout to sabatoge the nba

9 - 3 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 100 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 4 years ago '04        #10332
space
space
Bobby Brown is flying back to NY to meet with the Knicks....he signed with a Chinese team about 2 weeks ago BUT the terms of the contract at that if he can sign with an NBA by Aug. 15, he'll be let go from the Chinese team and can play in the NBA

FYI, this is my number one guy i hope they sign
 4 years ago '07        #10333
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,467 | Props total: 374 374
i just hope melo approves

16 - 22 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 42% 508 (-3) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 4 years ago '04        #10334
space
space
Jeremy Tyler, The Basketball Player is officially a NYK
 4 years ago '07        #10335
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,380 | Props total: 1154 1154
 Born_Loser said:
 4 years ago '04        #10336
space
space
Berman

David Lee is in town this week, running his kids camp in Chappaqua. He played Monday night at Rucker Park in Harlem in an EBC Classic game, testing his surgically repaired hip.

Lee isn’t in Israel exploring his inner Moses, won’t be on a minutes restriction this season, won’t be coming off the bench like Amar’e Stoudemire. And the Warriors power forward, coming off an All-Star berth, may be closer to an NBA Finals appearance than any current Knick.

Lee rented his Westchester apartment to Stoudemire in 2010 shortly after the Knicks signed Stoudemire to a 5-year, $100 million contract as their marquee free-agent acquisition.

So Lee will never say anything bad about Stoudemire. Lee was shown the door that summer, winding up in Golden State via sign-and-trade so the Knicks could sign the Suns’ perennial All-Star.

But Lee admits the Knicks “took a chance’’. He wonders what would have happened had the Knicks valued him as a budding star, kept him as part of their long-term future when they strategized to dive well below the salary cap.

With Stoudemire and his sore knees, the Knicks have won one playoff round in his three seasons. Lee understands the Stoudemire signing was more than what he brought to the court.

“I don’t want to say I was underappreciated,’’ Lee told The Post. “The Knicks took a chance and part of getting Amar’e was to use it as bridge to get a guy like LeBron (James) and Carmelo Anthony. They got that done. Amare’s a heckuva player. It’s unfortunate what ‘s happened with some of his injuries. Hopefully he gets healthy because I know how much he loves the game and loves being in New York. Hopefully he gets healthy and has a better year next year.’’

Former Knicks president Donnie Walsh began breaking down the Knicks in November, 2008 – with the first move shipping out 2012-13 All-Star Zach Randolph and 2012 Sixth Man of the Year Jamal Crawford. The Knicks started the season 6-3 with a Mike D’Antoni-led club featuring Lee, Randolph, Crawford, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Nate Robinson and a younger Stephon Marbury.

“It is interesting to look back, to see if we went another way in the win column if they kept guys together,’’ Lee said. “Things happen for a reason. I look back at my career here and there’s nothing but positive memories. It was a little bit out of my control , the winning and losing. The first couple of years, I was a backup guy, then when I was captain of the team the last couple of years, we started breaking down the team. ‘’

The Mark Jackson-coached Warriors have added Andre Igoudala to their young, solid cast that battled the Spurs in a tough six-game second-round series despite Lee’s injury. The Spurs advanced to being within five seconds from another NBA title.

“We’ve put ourselves in a great spot, we made improvements,’’ Lee said. “We’re still not in the top-three most-talented rosters in the West. But if we can keep the same attitude and approach, I think we have a chance to be as good as anyone in the West when it’s all said and done.’’

Lee was thought to be out for the season after tearing his hip in Game 1 of the playoffs but came back for Game 6 of the first round “to show a little toughness for the team’’ and would play limited but inspiring minutes.

The Knicks should be back in rebuilding mode when Stoudemire’s and Tyson Chandler’s contract expires after the 2014-15 season, along with Lee’s. Lee said ownership told him rumors the Warriors were shopping his contract were “not true.’’

“You never know what may happen in the future,’’ Lee said. “I love New York. That’s why I choose to come back for the camps.’’

As for the New York basketball teams, “On paper, you got to think the Nets’ roster is probably name-wise better than anyone in the league right now,’’ Lee said. “If they can stay healthy, they have a chance to be pretty good – as do the Knicks.’’
 4 years ago '04        #10337
Jae_Hood_354 121 heat pts121
space
space
$8,083 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Born_Loser said:
good signing
 4 years ago '04        #10338
space
space
Berman

The first chance to gauge whether the Nets have surpassed the Knicks comes Dec. 5, when the area rivals take the floor in Brooklyn in their season’s first meeting.

For the first time in memory, both teams are considered Eastern Conference powers, with the Nets, after their wondrous summer, seemingly primed to dethrone the Knicks as Atlantic Division champs.

The NBA schedule was released last night and the Knicks open their season against the Bucks at the Garden Oct. 30. They play the following night in Chicago.

In correcting a mistake from last season’s first year in Brooklyn, the Knicks and Nets will face each other twice in April, when the Atlantic Division title could be decided. The Nets face the Knicks at the Garden April 2 and the two teams meet again in Brooklyn April 15 in the second-to-last game of the regular season. The teams also play on Martin Luther King Day, a 2:30 p.m. matinee at the Garden.

Last season the clubs had completed their season series by Jan. 21.

In other notables, Dwight Howard, Jeremy Lin and the Rockets visit the Garden Nov. 14; the first Knicks-Heat game is at the Garden Jan. 9; the Lakers make their lone Garden appearance Jan. 26; and the Pacers-Knicks rivalry resumes Nov. 20 at the Garden. Andrea Bargnani plays his first regular-season game in Toronto Dec. 28, but the two teams will meet there during the preseason.

The Knicks also will host the Thunder at 2:30 p.m. on Christmas Day.

* The Knicks finally made it official with 6-foot-10 power forward/center Jeremy Tyler, the scorcher of summer league, signing him to a minimum $727,000 contract. The first year is partially guaranteed; the second year is a team option. Now point guard Bobby Brown may be next.

With an Aug. 15 deadline looming to sign with an NBA team, The Post has learned Brown — who played in the Italian League last season — flew into town yesterday from Los Angeles to meet with the Knicks, who are desperate to sign a third point guard. They can offer Brown a minimum contract of $880,000.

Brown signed a tentative agreement last week to play for Donnguam in China, but can break the deal before Aug. 15. A league source said last week Brown’s top choice is the Knicks, who now have 13 players under contract with Tyler, the San Diego native who averaged 12.8 points and 6.4 rebounds over 17.6 minutes in five summer-league games. The Knicks needed another center-type on their roster beside Tyson Chandler. As a rookie, Tyler played with Golden State and Atlanta.
 4 years ago '04        #10339
space
space
Hahn

A big part of the Knicks' success last season was the 18-5 start. A good start can carry a team through the mid-season doldrums. So does the 2013-14 season offer another chance at a strong start?

Consider that 7 of the first 11 games are at home -- Madison Square Garden's three-year transformation, by the way, will be completed (skybridges and all) -- and allows the team to establish itself again as a strong home team. That's something Mike Woodson has stressed as head coach.

The first crack at some playoff redemption comes Nov. 20 at the Garden, when the Pacers come to town.

There is also a whopping eight-game, two-week homestand in late January. While it can look like something favorable for the team, the opponents certainly aren't walkovers. This homeestand brings in the Clippers, Nets, Lakers, Cavs and Heat.

Over a three-week span, the Knicks will play 11 of 13 games at the Garden.

All that home cooking comes to an end in mid-February. It sets up a barnstorming finish to the season where the team will play 19 road games over the final 30 games of the regular season. They'll be at the Garden only five times out of 16 games in the month of March.

And they'll end another five-game West Coast trip in Utah (remember the "Kurt Thomas Game"?) to close out the month. Will they need that game as much as they needed it last season?

Perhaps. They open April against the Nets, the first of two games against their Brooklyn rivals. The second of the two, April 15 at Barclays, is the second-to-last game of the regular season.

Could that game decide the Atlantic Division? Or will it be done by then?
 4 years ago '04        #10340
space
space
Sean May working out for the Knicks, dude just came through in the first place just to use the weight room. i guess NYK was like, u can use the weight room IF
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let me get a 2-piece succulent original recipe breast meal w/ some pot..
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside First gameplay trailer for Madden 18
49 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 22 - Trump Has Another Twitter Siezure. Doesn't Even Deny He's Try..
46 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kyrie Irving Asked For A Trade Because LeBron Hinders Teammates
402 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Krissy Taylor showcasing her skills
101 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So many quotables, this can't be my people.
42 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
How Much You'd Have If You Saved $1 A Day For The Rest Of Your Life
61 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 21 - Man who isn't father of child still owes child support
82 comments
1 day ago