New York Knicks

most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
80 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
76 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10321
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
 I Am The Truth said:
I think in a couple yrs B Jennings would be nice in NY, he wanted to come here anyways
hand me some cyanide pills if that happens please
 3 years ago '08        #10322
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
What if lebron comes here in 2015?
 3 years ago '04        #10323
space
space
Marc Stein

Hearing: Knicks can only offer minimum, but I'm told they're trying hard to convince free-agent PG Beno Udrih to take it and come to NYC
 3 years ago '05        #10324
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 1546 1546
Beno nice that's my dude. Mad ppl forgot bout him he had nice games with the kings

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '07        #10325
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 161 161
Would love Beno on the Knicks... I like him even better than Delonte. Beno is mad underrated, can score and dish. And I think he has international experience too...

I wanted him instead of Duhon's bum a.ss damn Antoni days
 3 years ago '04        #10326
space
space
Berman

While Carmelo Anthony praised the Knicks offseason moves, saying the Andrea Bargnani trade was a “steal for us,’’ he stopped short of predicting he and the Knicks would have a long marriage.

Anthony can opt out of his contract after the 2013-14 season, so the Knicks’ success in the coming season could be pivotal to whether he re-signs or looks for greener, warmer pastures — perhaps in Los Angeles. The Lakers already are eyeing an Anthony/LeBron James tandem with their cap space.

When asked if this season was major for him in terms of making a decision, Anthony demurred.

“I can’t do that,’’ he told ESPN.com while coaching at his summer basketball camp in Las Vegas. “It’s too tough right now.

“It’s a big year,” said Anthony, who just came back from China for his Jordan Brand trip. “A huge upcoming season for me, as a team and as an organization.”

It could be a bigger year for the Nets, and Anthony gave them more lavish praise for their offseason moves, calling it “special.’’

The Nets are widely considered having surpassed the defending Atlantic Division-champion Knicks because of their summer additions of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and Andre Kirilenko.

“We’ll see whether we have enough,” Anthony said. “We haven’t even stepped on the court yet.

“It’s special what [the Nets) did,” Anthony added. “J-Kidd [Jason] will have four or five future Hall of Famers. I played with him for a year and also with USA Basketball and I know his mentality. He knows the game. It won’t be hard for him to deal with those guys because he’ll put them in position and only have to tell them things one time.’’

Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald said this month he expected Anthony to re-sign, and Anthony said in China he “doubts it’’ when asked if he will be a Laker in 2014-15.

“We obviously love Carmelo,’’ Grunwald said. “We think he’s great for New York and New York is great for him. We see a long-term successful partnership with him as we go forward.’’

The Post reported soon after the season ended Anthony hoped the Knicks would add a secondary scorer to help him. Maybe the big Italian, Bargnani, who is training with Italy’s National Team, becomes that guy.

“I’ve been staying under the radar,” Anthony said. “I let them do what they do. We got [Metta World Peace], and I think Bargnani was really a steal for us. He’ll help us spread the floor. We got J.R. [Smith] back and we kept the core guys together.”

* John Baker, the agent for 6-foot-11 center/power forward Jeremy Tyler, said he believes his client will be at the team’s training camp.

The Knicks are desperate for a backup center to Tyson Chandler after shipping out Marcus Camby.

Tyler excelled at the Vegas summer league as the team’s starting power forward.

“From all indications, they want him in training camp but no formal negotiations have taken place,’’ Baker said.

Tyler said in Las Vegas the Knicks were his favorite team growing up in San Diego.

“Who wouldn’t want to be a Knick?,’’ Baker said.

Tyler is expected to receive a partially guaranteed minimum contract. He jumped from high school to Israel and the Philippines before playing last season for Golden State and Atlanta. The Knicks have three open roster spots and are trying to sign a third point guard.
 3 years ago '04        #10327
space
space
Knicks said to be interested in Hamed Haddadi....god i hope not, i always trade for this dude in 2k13 when im trying to dead big contracts
 3 years ago '04        #10328
space
space
Ian Begley

The Knicks have had "conversations" with representatives for free-agent guard Delonte West, a league source confirmed. The team has not offered West a contract and, the source cautioned, there is no guarantee that an offer is coming.

The Knicks have three open roster spots, so they have room to bring West in, if they choose. GM Glen Grunwald said recently that the team is open to adding a backup guard and a big man. West could fill the void at backup guard.

The talented but troubled 30-year-old last played in the NBA in 2011-12. He suited up in eight games for the Texas Legends, the Dallas Mavericks' D-League affiliate, in 2012-13, averaging 10 points on 35 percent shooting.

The conversations between West's representatives and the Knicks, which were first reported by CSNNW.com, are believed to be preliminary.

In addition to West, the Knicks have shown interest in other young guards to fill their void on the bench. New York was impressed by the play of Toure' Murry in the summer league and has extended a training camp invite to the former D-Leaguer. They also have reportedly shown interest in Bobby Brown. Grunwald has said that he may leave one or two roster spots open to give a training camp invitee the chance to earn a spot, leaving open the possibility for a player like Murry to earn a roster spot with a strong performance in camp.

New York is also said to be in the market for a backup big man to spell Tyson Chandler. The Knicks were impressed by the play of 6-foot-10 big man Jeremy Tyler during summer league. Tyler told reporters in Las Vegas that the Knicks have extended a training camp offer to him.

A league source familiar with the team's thinking said late last week that the Knicks are "standing pat" in the free-agent market for the moment.

If the Knicks choose to add West, it wouldn't be without risk. They'd be bringing in a player who was released by the Mavericks after two locker-room incidents at the beginning of the 2011-12 season. Also, there is no guarantee that West can play at the level he showed two years ago.

Those are factors that the Knicks would have to weigh if they decided to offer West a contract.
 3 years ago '04        #10329
space
space
Berman says that this is no longer the issue, NYK not interested in this bipolar ginger with herpes
 3 years ago '04        #10330
space
space
Berman

The Knicks have decided rest is more important for Amar’e Stoudemire than “The Dream Shake’’ and wisdom of Hakeem Olajuwon.

Stoudemire will not return to the Olajuwon camp in Houston to work on his post moves again this month as had been planned, The Post has learned.

Stoudemire had planned to return to Texas to refine the post moves he learned last summer. That Olajuwon is about to be named to the Rockets staff as instructor for Dwight Howard and Omar Asik is not a factor in Stoudemire not attending.

According to a Rockets source, Houston is allowing Olajuwon to fulfill any of his prior commitments with opposing players this month before he exclusively works with Rockets big men. Hence, Stoudemire might never work with Olajuwon again.

Nevertheless, there’s still a chance forward Carmelo Anthony will fulfill his plans and work on his post moves with Olajuwon after being switched to power forward last season. But Amar’e will be a no-show.

Knicks doctors are treating their $100 million investment with heavy caution after two knee debridement surgeries last season marred his 2012-13 campaign, reducing him to 29 regular-season games. Stoudemire made his second comeback in the middle of the playoff’s second round and his rustiness hurt team chemistry in the Pacers’ debacle.

The Post reported exclusively Knicks medical director Lisa Callahan has discussed putting Stoudemire on a 20-minute restriction with the possibility of not playing in back-to-back games.

Knicks coach Mike Woodson said last month the plan was for Stoudemire this summer, but he never said Stoudemire wouldn’t make it to Olajuwon’s camp. It was Woodson’s idea last summer for Stoudemire to add a low-post element and work with the coach’s former Houston teammate.

Stoudemire has been touring Israel since mid-July, exploring his Jewish roots after coaching Canada in the Maccabiah Games .

“The main thing with Amar’e is we need him to rest,’’ Woodson said at the Las Vegas summer league. “Last summer, he put in a lot of time. He had some bad luck because he worked his butt off last summer. This summer we’ll rest him and make our push to get him ready for vet camp.”

Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald echoed the need for Stoudemire to slow down. Last October, he broke down in training camp.

“He really worked hard in last offseason, maybe too hard,’’ Grunwald said. “We need to pace him and have him ready for the season so when the real games and playoffs begin, he’s there for us. We’re hopefully a little smarter this year and understand where his body is at.’’

Grunwald added he still felt Stoudemire could play at a high level, even in his reduced role.

“Amar’e can definitely return to All-Star level play,’’ Grunwald said. “If we’re going to be a championship team, every player has to make some sacrifices and take the role that gives us the best chance to win. I’m not going to predict but Amar’e can certainly come back to All-Star status. He has the talent.’’

Olajuwon said he was looking forward to Stoudemire’s return to his camp because he was very enthusiastic pupil last August.

“He put in so much work, was excited and so confident,” Olajuwon said. “To see he didn’t get a chance to really show it, I felt very bad for him.’’

* Marc Cornstein, the agent for free-agent point guard Beno Udrih, told The Post five teams are still in the mix for his client’s services.

The Knicks appear long shots because they only have the $1.4 millon veteran’s minimum to offer.

“If he signs with the Knicks the reasons will not be because of the money,’’ Cornstein said. “It would be a disservice to say they’re long shots or favorites. He’s examining the situations.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10331
space
space
Jared Zwerling

Amid their search for a young big man who could provide interior scoring, rebounding and defense, the Knicks are having discussions with free agent Ivan Johnson, a player source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played for the Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract. But with remaining attractive free agents like DeJuan Blair and Antawn Jamison in the veteran's minimum financial ballpark -- Blair signed with the Mavericks for that amount -- the free-agent market is quickly changing.

"I think the mini mid-level will be tough to get at this time," the source said.

So it's likely that the 6-8, 255-pound Johnson will be financially accessible to the Knicks. The question is: could it mutually work out?

The source said, "I think it would be a great fit for Ivan to get big minutes [in New York] and further prove he can play in this league."

Johnson is known for his high motor, finishing ability and being a tenacious defender, who has good hands and timing to deflect balls and grab rebounds. Sometimes, however, he can be a little out of control. In 2012, the Hawks fined him for "conduct detrimental to the team" and later for making an obscene gesture.

Johnson could bring versatility to the Knicks' frontcourt. Carmelo Anthony is still mostly an outside facilitator even when he's at the 4 position; Amar'e Stoudemire will play limited minutes because of his surgically-repaired knees; Tyson Chandler missed 16 games last season and is now one year older and needs more support; Andrea Bargnani only played 66 games in his past two injury-riddled seasons; and Kenyon Martin has had serious injury issues in the past and he's turning 36 this December.

Johnson can play forward and center, which would fill a need for the Knicks.

"That would be a nice get for the Knicks," another source said. "I like him."

Another big man the Knicks had "strong interest" in, according to a player source, was Kris Humphries -- if the Celtics carried out their potential plan to buy him out. Humphries was also interested in playing for the veteran's minimum in New York. But a source familiar with Humphries said a buyout is unlikely at this point, as the Celtics, who acquired Humphries in the Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry trade this summer, envision a key role for him next season.

Other bigs on the Knicks' radar include (via sources): Cole Aldrich, Hamed Haddadi, Jerome Jordan, Gani Lawal, Shavlik Randolph, who was waived by the Celtics on Thursday, and Henry Sims. Jeremy Tyler, who played on the Knicks' summer league team, has received a training camp invite.

JANNERO PARGO IN THE PICTURE: According to a player source, the Knicks are now in conversations with Pargo, a veteran point guard who played for the Wizards, Hawks and Bobcats last season.

Pargo, 33, is known for his transition playmaking and spot-up shooting, but he's not great at getting in the lane and creating his own shot. However, he works well off of pick-and-rolls, and his court vision and quick reaction time enable him to see passing lanes through traps.

The Knicks also remain interested in point guards Beno Udrih and Bobby Brown, according to a source familiar with the Knicks' thinking. The Knicks have until Aug. 15 to decide on an offer for Brown, who has an opt-clause on that date in his upcoming contract with Chinese basketball club Dongguan. Regarding Delonte West, he's unlikely to be considered, according to a player source.

The Knicks will also invite Toure Murry and "a few young developmental point guards to training camp," according to a source.

Looking ahead, the Knicks have three roster spots remaining, so even if they sign a free agent soon training camp invites, such as Murry and Tyler, could still receive guaranteed contracts at the minimum.
 3 years ago '04        #10332
space
space
Berman

Agent Marc Cornstein said he believes about five teams still have interest in PG Beno Udrih, including #Knicks. Are #Knicks longshots because they only have the $1.4M veteran's minimum to offer? Probably, though Cornstein won't say. “If he signs with the Knicks the reasons will not be because of the money,’’ Cornstein told me. “It would be a disservice to say they’re long shots or favorites. He’s examining the situations.’’ Knicks have been outbid for point guards all summer. Udrih made $7M last season and hear he's all about the money. Don't bank on this signing. Cornstein is long past wanting to shuttle guys to New York, where he is based, though he did get Metta World Peace here.
 3 years ago '04        #10333
space
space
once again NYK is said to be interested in Louis Amundson but so is every other team thats in the Greg Oden sweepstakes
 3 years ago '08        #10334
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
If melo leaves us and goes to the lakers
 3 years ago '04        #10335
space
space
 dj ac said:
If melo leaves us and goes to the lakers
I don't see that happening doe, call me naive
 3 years ago '04        #10336
space
space
Hahn

Remember what GM Glen Grunwald said last month when he discussed how the team might fill the final spots on the roster, especially the third point guard position.

If you don't recall, Grunwald suggested one option would be to bring in a few veterans and have them compete. So when you read about interest in players such as Bobby Brown, Mo Williams, Delonte West, Sebastian Telfair and Jannero Pargo, among others, consider what Grunwald said.

Rather than commit to one player, the Knicks could invite a few vets in (non-guaranteed) and let them battle for a spot. If you ask why would a veteran want to do that, recall what players such as Shawne Williams, Chris Copeland, Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak were able to do for their finances when they came to play in New York.

Sometimes it can pay off to be a role player on the Knicks. Especially if the crowd falls in love with you.

Of course it's a risk for the Knicks to go this route, too. Veteran players want a.ssurances and the right guy may take an offer elsewhere, which would leave the Knicks without an important piece.
 3 years ago '05        #10337
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 1546 1546
once a knick always a knick we bout to sabatoge the nba

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10338
space
space
Bobby Brown is flying back to NY to meet with the Knicks....he signed with a Chinese team about 2 weeks ago BUT the terms of the contract at that if he can sign with an NBA by Aug. 15, he'll be let go from the Chinese team and can play in the NBA

FYI, this is my number one guy i hope they sign
 3 years ago '07        #10339
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
i just hope melo approves

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10340
space
space
Jeremy Tyler, The Basketball Player is officially a NYK
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Well Damn Wale - Groundhog's Day (J Cole response)
167 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Post Ya Pick Ups December 2016
20 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
336 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy