New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Video inside Lil B JUMPED by A Boogie & PNB Rock Crew at Rolling Loud says they stol..
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Sensitive Kevin Durant tells Grizz crowd after ejection "I got a ring tho"
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Oct 21 - Gold Star Widow Releases Trump’s Call After Husband Was Killed In Afg..
42 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rick Ross is SCARED to mention 50 Cent’s name
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10281
Born_Loser|M 98 heat pts98
space
space
$42,101 | Props total: 3525 3525
 I Am The Truth said:
Ivan Johnson? Goon of all goons? Ivan & Ron Ron??? I'll take him.. plus he was the one who originally aggravated Melo's shoulder
gotta wait and see how the market plays, still got like 5 roster spots left and he's a name i haven't heard mentioned till today about ANY team having interest
 4 years ago '06        #10282
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,219 | Props total: 6059 6059

Ivan the goon would be dope in a Knicks jersey
 4 years ago '07        #10283
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,468 | Props total: 377 377
Ivan got potential...goon squad lookin nice b

4 years ago '04        #10284
space
space
Hahn

We're nearing that point in free agency where it's kind of like Last Call at the bar. This is just before the house lights come on and reality sets in.

The Knicks have been conspicuously inactive, despite four roster spots left to be filled and two obvious needs still to address: 1. front court depth (paging Kenyon Martin) and 2. a third point guard to join Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni.

Glen Grunwald, himself, acknowledged a need for a third guard and hinted to the potential of bringing in several veterans to compete for that position. You may also see summer league standout Toure Murry in the mix, as well.

The news of the Spurs rescinding their qualifying offer to Gary Neal, however, could change things. Neal had a strong postseason for the Spurs in their NBA Finals run and his game fits perfect into how the Knicks play. Would he be willing to take a veteran's minimum to play in New York? He might get more to play elsewhere, such as in Milwaukee, where it seems they'd prefer any alternative to Brandon Jennings.

The Knicks recently worked out Bobby Brown, who had a stellar season in Italy, and he and his reps have been predicting to reporters that the Knicks will sign Brown. Seems like that was premature, though it doesn't mean he won't get a camp invite.

But Grunwald may consider inviting others, such as Sebastian Telfair and Mo Williams, to the party, as well, and see who emerges with the job.

The team also took a look at Darius Morris, recently. They could also consider Andrew Goudelock, the D-League MVP who had a terrific summer league, or former Hofstra standout Charles Jenkins.

So there are options, though none seem exciting right now. The hope was to find a young point guard, perhaps in the draft, and try to develop him behind Felton and Prigioni. That still could happen, with Murry, Brown, Goudelock or Jenkins as options.

Felton and Prigioni will get the bulk of the reps at point guard anyway, but Woodson often used the two together late in the season, with Felton playing a scoring role. That may be necessary early on with JR Smith's injury. If that's the case, a veteran third guard -- here's where Neal or Williams would fit best -- is more critical.
 4 years ago '04        #10285
space
space
was hoping we could land Charles Jenkins in the 2nd round 2 years ago
 4 years ago '05        #10286
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,255 | Props total: 4330 4330
If Gary comes here
 4 years ago '04        #10287
space
space
Attention K-Mart Shoppers, we have a return on aisle 1, i repeat a return on aisle 1

GOONIN' AND COONIN'
 4 years ago '04        #10288
Jae_Hood_354 127 heat pts127
space
space
$8,265 | Props total: 2766 2766
 Born_Loser said:
Attention K-Mart Shoppers, we have a return on aisle 1, i repeat a return on aisle 1

GOONIN' AND COONIN'
i just read this on realgm goons on deck
 4 years ago '08        #10289
AC_89 190 heat pts190
space
space
$38,420 | Props total: 12352 12352
Kmart back
 4 years ago '11        #10290
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 494 494
don't know about no "coonin" sh*t but resigning kmart is a solid move
 4 years ago '08        #10291
AC_89 190 heat pts190
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
don't know about no "coonin" sh*t but resigning kmart is a solid move
 4 years ago '05        #10292
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
Another pg and a mid season trade?
 4 years ago '04        #10293
space
space
MY TEAM IS THE GOONIES

WE IN HERE
 4 years ago '07        #10294
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,468 | Props total: 377 377
I hope melo is influencing the new pickups

Thats my forward
 4 years ago '04        #10295
space
space
Jonah Bellow

The goals for Sin City visitors are fairly simple: relax, shop, eat at buffets, party, gamble, and throw caution to the wind.

For Jeremy Tyler, the objectives were entirely different in Las Vegas.

Tyler’s facial expressions scared small children as the aggressive power forward was in desperate pursuit of a highly coveted position on an NBA squad. He attacked the glass with a disregard for his opponents, he nailed the perimeter jumper, he showcased his impressive handle for a big man, and treated each Summer League outing like Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Tyler was on a specific mission.

“Every game is a game to help build who you are as a professional. This is a business and you come out here to perform and show what you work on all summer, “a much calmer Tyler stated after his final Summer League contest.

The beauty of the late July exhibition games is the opportunity to watch athletes with everything on the line. You can also discover the diamond in the rough (see Chris Copeland). Unlike LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, or Carmelo Anthony, these professional basketball players are navigating a windy road to the NBA.

Speaking of that windy road, Tyler took an uncommon path to reach the league in 2011. After posting a sparkling 28.7 points per game during his junior year at San Diego High School, the five-star recruit opted to forgo his senior campaign and signed a six-figure deal with Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Super League.

Tyler spent time in Japan playing for Tokoyo Apache the following season, needing another year to meet the NBA draft requirements. In 2011, he was selected 39th overall by the Charlotte Bobcats before the Warriors traded for his rights. Over the course of the following two years, Tyler logged minutes in the D-League and for the Atlanta Hawks. Tyler has played a total of 63 games in the NBA for two different teams but he’s only 22 years old with a wealth of experience and a whole new outlook on the basketball landscape.

“Totally different,” Tyler explained his mental state. “You get a totally different perspective of everything when you’ve been somewhere and it’s taken away from you and you leave the situation saying you could have did more. It’s not a good feeling. That was my thing. I never want to leave a situation saying I could have done more. I could have done more in Golden State but things happen and struggles make you stronger.”

From the jump, Tyler hit the double-double in his first game in Vegas. In a route over the Wizards, the versatile forward dropped 13 points and eight boards in just 13 minutes of action. He finished strong by combining for 38 points and 11 boards in the final two contests while shooting 66.6 percent from the floor.

“I got sent down to the D-League and just got my swag back and I try to keep that chip on my shoulder, keep that edge, and try to come out here at Summer League and have a good performance,” described his five-game output for the Knicks.

At 6-10 and 260 pounds, Tyler possesses all the physical tools to excel at the next level. He can operate at both the power forward spot and at the 5 as a stretch big man. However, we all know there’s more to the equation than just an NBA-ready body. Most of the players in the league need a mix of maturity, the right perspective, work ethic, and fortuitous circumstances.

Tyler was a trailblazer in 2009 but admittedly not quite ready for the big show. In the smoldering heat of Las Vegas where people flock to escape responsibility, Tyler displayed a sense of purpose and extreme focus on the basketball floor as he searches for another opportunity at NBA success in 2013.
 4 years ago '04        #10296
space
space
Hahn

When the Knicks signed Martin in late February, no one had any idea how important he would prove to be to the season. K-Mart appeared in just 18 regular season games, but he made 11 starts mainly in place of injured Tyson Chandler.

Martin brought a needed toughness and defensive mentality to the team. He averaged 7.2 points and 5.3 rebounds in 23.9 minutes per game. The Knicks were 13-5 in the 18 regular season games he played.

Martin posted a +59 rating in his limited time, further accentuating his impact on the court. His Per 36 numbers were solid for a player who was not a focal point, with 10.8 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.4 blocks and 1.3 steals per 36 minutes.

"Kenyon did a fantastic job for us once he signed in February," Knicks GM Glen Grunwald said. "He strengthened our frontline going into an important stretch of the season with some very impressive performances. We are happy to have him back."

Now that he is back, Martin bolsters a Knicks frontline that will include Chandler, Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani. Is that strong enough to take on the size of the Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls, plus the Miami Heat and Brooklyn Nets?
 4 years ago '04        #10297
space
space
Knicks are one of two teams to be interested in signing the red head herpes imprint having ginger ninja bipolar mother fu*ker known as Delonte West
 4 years ago '08        #10298
AC_89 190 heat pts190
space
space
We always giving dudes a chance
 4 years ago '05        #10299
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
I still want reke on the squad...sigh :(
 4 years ago '12        #10300
You Hater 1427 heat pts1427
space
space
$41,759 | Props total: 18699 18699
Where's Chris smith?
Where's flight white?

2 - 5 STRK: 3 l in a row WIN PCT: 28% 128 (-5) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 88-75, Rank #61 | Aug 16: 395-308, Rank #44 | Aug 15: 901-538, Rank #23 | Aug 14: 7-3, Rank #244 | Aug 13: 133-80, Rank #40 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Quentin Tarantino Admits He Knew About Harvey Weinstein And Still Worked With ..
111 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Calling All Detectives
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jae Crowder Checks Reporter For Saying He Intentionally Injured Gordon Hay..
13 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look At the Yeezy 350 V2 "Semi-Frozen Yellow"
20 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Dogs make cute facial expressions to humans on purpose, study..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Mass Appeal's The 25 Most Underrated Rappers of the Past 25 Years
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Future & Young Thug - Super Slimey (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thr..
301 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Pinky counting up ones by the hundred!!
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy