New York Knicks

most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kylie Jenner Calls 21 Savage A B**ch
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
80 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
76 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #10241
Born_Loser|M 81 heat pts81
space
space
$40,638 | Props total: 2138 2138
Berman

LAS VEGAS – While Glen Grunwald said he’ll likely sign a third point guard to the roster, the Knicks GM said he’s eyeing Iman Shumpert during the summer league to see if he can pick up the ballhandling slack this season.

Shumpert played a lot of point guard at Georgia Tech but was turned mostly into a 2/3 with the Knicks.

“We need another player to play point guard,’’ Grunwald said Thursday on a conference call introducing Andrea Bargnani. “We’ll see how Shump does in the summer league. It’s always a possibility. We’ll probably add a third point guard to our team.’’

The Knicks have missed out on a lot of PG targets already but Sebastian Telfair, Aaron Brooks and even Nate Robinson are still out there. The Knicks only have the $1.7 million remaining from their mini-midlevel exception and also can offer the minimum contracts, pending years of service.

Mike Woodson said Wednesday he’d like to see Shumpert extend his game and improve his ballhanding. Shumpert will participate in his first summer-league practice today after being excused for the first two days. The Post has reported Shumpert will likely only play the first three games.

“I want to see him mature a little more,’’ Woodson said of Shumpert. “He needs to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Defensively he’s figured it out. Offensively he has to add more to his game and be more of a focal point offensively .We’ll put him in position to run the team a little bit and also where he plays off that person. Let him play. That’s what he needs to do.’’

The Knicks will consider starting Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni in an all-point-guard backcourt. That was their most successful tandem last season. Hence, they’ll need another point guard and Chris Smith isn’t deemed ready for a rotation.

Grunwald has to date struck out on the free-agent market but remains optimistic. He said he hopes more teams will waive their players because of the new luxury-tax structure – seemingly a reference to Metta World Peace’s situation with the Lakers.

“We have a number of players interested in playing for us,’’ Grunwald said. “We are a pretty good team. Playing in New York is enticing for a lot of people. I’m pretty optimistic we’re going to add good players to our team in the not-so-distant future.’’

Grunwald said he hoped to re-sign power forward Kenyon Martin to add to their frontcourt depth, commending him for "a great year.''
 3 years ago '07        #10242
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
Coach woodson is a smart man..and if shumpert dont work out they have hardaway jr

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '04        #10243
space
space
Berman

After suffering through years of losing with the Toronto Raptors, former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani is looking forward to a fresh start with the New York Knicks.

"I had a weird experience in Toronto. I had good years and the last couple of years were bad. When you lose there's going to be frustration. I'm just very excited to be here. I can't wait to start," Bargnani said on a conference call Thursday. "I really want to help this team to win... I'm starving to win."

The Knicks sent Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Quentin Richardson, a 2016 first-round pick and second-rounders in 2014 and 2017 to Toronto to acquire Bargnani in a trade that was officially announced on Wednesday.

Bargnani fell out of favor in Toronto, failing to live up to the expectations of a No. 1 pick. Last season, he averaged just 12.7 points on 40 percent shooting and missed 47 games due mostly to elbow injuries.

Bargnani was booed for long stretches last season by a fed-up Raptors fan base.

"When you lose, it's never easy. Everybody is frustrated. There was a lot of frustration in Toronto because we've been losing the last five years," Bargnani said. "We didn't go to the playoffs. When you're the leading scorer and the leader of the team you get all the pressure. The fans have their right to express their feelings. I really loved Toronto. It was a great city, great fans, great organization. No regrets. I wish them the best."

Bargnani said his elbow injury was a "huge factor" in his struggles last season but a.ssured the Knicks that he is "100 percent" healthy going into the season.

"It's all resolved," said Bargnani, 27. "I'm going to play with the national team this summer. I'm going to play with them and get back in shape so when I get back here I'm going to be ready to go."

Bargnani is widely viewed as a talented scorer but some have questioned his effort on defense and as a rebounder.

"I'll focus a lot on that. I got to get better in many aspects of the game," Bargnani said. "I really look forward to a healthy season and help the team in many ways, all of the different ways."

Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald is optimistic that Bargnani will get back "on track" in New York.

"We're very hopeful that Andrea is still young and now healthy and will have a very bright future with us. The injuries can take its toll and wear on you," Grunwald said. "I think the opportunity to have a fresh start here in New York; he's very excited about that opportunity, (that it) will lead to him getting on track (to be the) player we all hoped he would be."

The Knicks also announced the re-signing of J.R. Smith on Thursday.

Smith's re-signing had been reported last week but could not be announced until July 10 at the earliest, due to the NBA's moratorium on signings and trades.

The team did not disclose the terms of the contract, but Smith's agent, Leon Rose, said last week his client had agreed to a four-year pact worth $24.7 million.

The Knicks have also re-signed Pablo Prigioni and have added Tim Hardaway Jr. and undrafted free agent C.J. Leslie. Grunwald and the front office have five roster spots to fill before the season opens in late October.

"We have a number of players that are interested in playing for us," Grunwald said. "We are obviously going to have a pretty good team and playing in New York is enticing to a lot of people. I'm pretty optimistic that we're going to add some good players to our team in the not too distant future."
 3 years ago '05        #10244
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 1546 1546
Just started my internship 2 days ago, I'm leaving early for this game

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '04        #10245
space
space
Berman

LAS VEGAS — Mike Woodson said Knicks fans should preach patience as they wait for Peace.

It’s official! Metta World Peace, the former Ron Artest, was waived via the amnesty rule Thursday night by the Lakers, partially paving the way for him to finally come home and become a Knick.

A lot of chips have to fall James Dolan’s way for this Big Apple dream to happen, but World Peace’s father, Ron Artest Sr., believes ultimately it will. Though World Peace has told his father he would retire if he got amnestied by the Lakers, Artest Sr. doesn’t believe it.

“I feel it’s a big, big possibility,’’ Artest Sr. told The Post Thursday night of his son joining the Knicks. “If the Knicks go after Ron, I can’t see him turning them down.’’

The Lakers saved World Peace’s $7.7 million in salary plus luxury taxes. However, the Queensbridge product now has to clear amnesty waivers in which under-the-cap teams can put a bid on him.

Eleven teams under the cap who can block his move to the Knicks, who received another blow yesterday when the Nets signed forward Andrei Kirilenko. Michael Jordan’s Bobcats, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit, Orlando, Sacramento, Dallas, Utah, Cleveland and Phoenix can now bid on World Peace in the next 48 hours.

If nobody bids on the controversial 33-year-old small forward, he becomes an outright free agent available for the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million.

Asked at Thursday’s summer-league practice about the team’s interest if World Peace becomes available, Woodson said: “[General manager] Glen [Grunwald] is coming up and we’ll sit and talk more about him. We don’t have to rush to do anything. The core group is intact that won 54 games last year. That player, or two, could slip through the cracks with amnesty or someone waived or bought out. It can happen. We got to sit patiently and wait and keep roster spots open to see if that may happen.”

World Peace has told his father he doesn’t want to uproot his family by going to another city. He told his father he especially has no interest in playing for a non-contender. However, by retiring, World Peace would forfeit the $7.7 million. If he clears without being bid on, he becomes a free agent and can make $7.7 million plus a portion of the $1.4 million veteran’s minimum (some money is rerouted to the Lakers).

“My gut feels like if the Knicks want him now, my gut tells me it will happen,’’ said Artest Sr., who runs his own kids foundation in New York City. “I haven’t spoken to him yet tonight. I think he could be a prized possession for the Knicks. He wanted to play for the Knicks for so long, since childhood.’’

World Peace had a fun time on Twitter Thursday night, writing he would play for the L.A. Kings or Yao Ming’s team in Shanghai.

In a statement, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said: “It’s tough to say goodbye to a player such as Metta. For anyone who’s had the opportunity to get to know him, it’s impossible not to love him.’’

The Knicks have failed to sign an outside free agent because of the lack of money they can spend under the new collective bargaining agreement. They have been searching for a small forward who can defend and hit the 3-point shot.

On a conference call to introduce Andrea Bargnani, Grunwald said he’s confident the Knicks’ free-agent slump will end soon and believes more players will be waived because of the oppressive luxury-tax penalties.

Grunwald also said he will keep two of the 15 roster spots open for training camp in case more stuff shakes out.

Grunwald said he has liked his summer, adding Bargnani via trade and re-signing Pablo Prigioni and J.R. Smith. The Knicks have 10 players under contract and Grunwald indicated they are in good position to re-sign Kenyon Martin, too.

“All our core rotation players from last year are back with the exception of Steve [Novak],’’ Grunwald said. “We need to add depth to our bench. We have some good ideas. We’re optimistic we’ll add good players to our team.’’

Grunwald said he realizes the club has to do more tinkering.

“Speculation is the Eastern Conference will be better, not just Brooklyn,’’ he said. “We felt Andrea was a step forward. We’re obviously not satisfied and we need to continue to move this organization forward.’’

Grunwald omitted Chris Copeland’s name as a “core rotation player.’’ His departure to the Pacers seems more disappointing to the fans than Knicks’ brass which made Prigioni the priority.

“Only time will tell how good Chris will be with the Pacers,’’ Woodson said. “For us he was a guy who we didn’t think could make our ballclub [out of camp].’’

They also want to add a third point guard to give them the option of starting a two-point-guard-alignment of Raymond Felton and Prigioni. Their latest failure was trying to woo Gary Neal, a source said.
 3 years ago '04        #10246
space
space
Berman

LAS VEGAS — Andrea Bargnani is thrilled to get out of a “weird’’ situation in Toronto with a chance at new life as a Knick.

Saying he is “really starving to win,’’ the enigmatic 7-foot center from Rome believes he is joining a franchise destined to go far in the playoffs — something that never materialized in Canada.

During Thursday’s introductory conference call, Bargnani sounded relieved to now make his basketball home in the U.S.

“I had a weird experience in Toronto,’’ Bargnani said. “I had good years and the last couple of years were bad. When you lose there’s going to be frustration. I’m going to do as much as possible and everything I can to help this team win.’’

Though Bargnani faced tons of pressure in Toronto as the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, he will be under the microscope here too. Unless the Knicks net Metta World Peace, he’s essentially the Knicks’ marquee summer addition. At least he has Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith and Raymond Felton to take the load off. When Chris Bosh departed for Miami three years ago, Bargnani couldn’t handle being No. 1 with the Raptors.

“I’m not worried about second, third option,’’ Bargnani said. “It’s all about winning here. Doing as much as possible. I’m really starving to win.

“I think we can play against anybody,’’ Bargnani added. “This team can go very far. I’m glad to be here. I just can’t wait to start.’’

Iman Shumpert, in Vegas for the Knicks summer league, raved about the team’s new big man. Bargnani is a dangerous 3-point threat and has post-up ability.

“I know he can score the ball, man,’’ Shumpert said. “God, he k!lled us when we played. He can play basketball. I like how he plays the game. He’s a big threat offensively. I think he will stretch the floor a lot.’’

Bargnani played just 35 games last season because of wrist/elbow injuries. Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Bargnani needs to become a better rebounder after averaging just 4.5 boards in his career.

“I got to get better in many aspects of the game,’’ Bargnani said. “I had so many injuries. Last year was tough for me. I’m looking forward to helping the team in many ways.’’

Bargnani was booed in Toronto the past two seasons.

“It wasn’t easy,’’ he said. “Everyone was frustrated. There was a lot of frustration in Toronto because of the losing. When you’re the leading scorer of the team, you got all the pressure. They have their right to express their feelings.’’

Bargnani has no ill effects from last season’s ailments. He will begin training with the Italian National Team in August as it prepares for the European Championships Sept. 4.

“I’m 100 percent healthy now,’’ Bargnani said. “I’ll play with the national team this summer, training with the team and getting into shape.’’

* While the Knicks want to sign a third point guard, Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald has visions of Shumpert playing some point guard this season and wants to evaluate him in that role during summer-league that begins today when the Knicks face New Orleans.

“We need another player to play point guard,’’ Grunwald said. “We’ll see how Shump does in the summer league. It’s always a possibility.’’

The Knicks will want to see how Shumpert and rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. work together as a backcourt tandem. Shumpert was drafted as a combo guard but when he returned from ACL surgery in January, he was kept strictly as a wing player.

“They didn’t want to throw me in the fire,’’ Shumpert said.
 3 years ago '04        #10247
space
space
Hearing that Jeremy Tyler might get the start over Jerome Jordan who just finished playing with Orlando's summer league team...

Guessing the starting 5 is

PG - Shump
SG - Hardaway
SF - Mitchell
PF - Leslie
C - Tyler
 3 years ago '04        #10248
space
space
Berman

LAS VEGAS – Point guard Chris Smith has to now prove he’s more than J.R.’s younger brother.

That Smith is a lock for the 15-man roster as part of a package deal with J.R. is likely the case. But even Smith said there’s no guarantees. He’s got to perform.

“Nothing,’’ Smith said, “is etched in stone. I have to play my cards right.’’

Smith is expected to come off the bench in Friday’s Knicks Summer League opener vs. New Orleans at Thomas Mack Center at UNLV. It appears the coaching staff desperately wants to see Iman Shumpert at the point in a starting backcourt pairing with their first-round pick, shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr.

Shumpert probably won’t play more than three games so Smith will slide back to starting PG when he leaves Vegas.

“I’ll get my chance to prove what I can do on court in the next couple of weeks,’’ said Smith, who played at the University of Louisville. “If they want me to come to training camp, great. If not, I’m playing for 30 other teams. My goal is to make the team and have the brotherly tandem everyone’s talking about.’’

Smith was a fixture around the Knicks last season. He had a partially guaranteed contract entering training camp after having a nice Summer League. He was a favorite to make the team.

After tearing his knee patella tendon in preseason, Smith was waived but the Knicks didn’t wave goodbye. He spent all year rehabbing at the Tarrytown practice facility and showed up at almost all the home games, as much a part of the locker room as Jason Kidd.

J.R. is here in Vegas to watch his brother after signing a four-year, $24.7 million deal with the Knicks. Chris fired his agent Marc Cornstein recently, and hired J.R.’s agent, Leon Rose.

“I’m very excited,’’ Smith said. “It’s the first time playing in nine, 10 months. I’m overly excited.’’

Smith said just being around the Knicks last season was a terrific experience in helping his game.

“I’m more focused now,’’ Smith said. “It’s different. I watched Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni and Raymond. I have a better mindset as a point guard on how to run a team.’’

The Knicks likely will start Shumpert-Hardaway-C.J. Leslie as their trio. The Knicks have yet to sign a third PG to the roster so Knicks GM Glen Grunwald said he wants to see Shumpert at the point after playing there occasionally as a rookie.

Knicks fans believe Shumpert is taking a risk playing in Vegas because of his surgically repaired knee. But that’s a silly sentiment, especially because he has never played in summer league. The lockout robbed him of summer league as a rookie and last July he was rehabbing a torn ACL.

“I’m here with a smile,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m not here with angry eyes. I can get hurt working out by myself in the gym. I’m not thinking about me getting hurt. The worst has already happened to me. I don’ think God has it out for me (again). I’ll be alright.’’
 3 years ago '04        #10249
space
space
Berman suggesting that Leslie might get the 3 and Tyler the 4...if Jordan ain't starting, that leaves the either Eloy Vargas or my personal choice AJ Matthews
 3 years ago '11        #10250
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 240 240
i like what im hearing with this tyrus thomas talk. young athletic big with fairly young legs + experience. im all for it.
 3 years ago '04        #10251
space
space
Toure' Murry > Baby Smitty
 3 years ago '04        #10252
space
space
Berman

LAS VEGAS – Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said today the decision to amnesty Metta World Peace was purely financial and he wanted to keep the defensive small forward from Queensbridge.

The Knicks have targeted World Peace, who has to clear through amnesty waivers for the Knicks to have a shot at him. The 48-hour process began tonight at 5 p.m. as 11 under-the-cap teams are allowed to make bids.

“Obviously it’s a byproduct of the CBA,’’ D’Antoni told The Post today at the Las Vegas summer league at UNLV. “As a person and player, I couldn’t find anyone better. He’s great. I enjoyed coaching him. I hope he finds something great. He deserves it. It’s not the coaches. It’s management. They have to manage the cap.’’

D’Antoni, the ex-Knicks pilot, coached World Peace for one season. The Lakers, gearing for a 2014 free-agent windfall, saved $15M in luxury taxes by saying goodbye to Peace.

“He averaged 14 points,’’ D’Antoni said. “He can play. He came back from an injury (meniscus) in 10 days that no human can do and he shouldn’t have. He wanted to help the team.’’

The Lakers coach praised Glen Grunwald’s decision to trade for Italian center Andrea Bargnani, whom D’Antoni had tried to acquire when he was with the Knicks.

D’Antoni, former Italian League star coach and player, has always admired the Italian 7-footer and thought he’d be a good fit in the Knicks frontcourt. D’Antoni is close to former Toronto GM Bryant Colangelo, who drafted Bargnani No. 1 overall in 2006. D’Antoni and Colengelo worked together in Phoenix and think alike.

“I’ve known him for a while,’’ D’Antoni said. “I like what he can do. It’s a real good addition up front with Tyson (Chandler) and Melo, him spacing the floor. That’s his niche. It didn’t work out but we explored the possibility. It wasn’t possible at the time.’’

--

The Knicks were beaten, 77-72, in their first summer-league game by New Orleans despite 13 points from rookie Tim Hardaway Jr.

Hardaway scored 8 of his points in the opening six minutes but cooled off in the second half, shooting 1 of 5. He finished 4 of 12 but looked comfortable and aggressive. Iman Shumpert, in an experimental start at point guard alongside Hardaway, notched just 2 points, missing all 5 of his shots. He had 4 a.ssists and 4 turnovers.
 3 years ago '04        #10253
space
space
Tommy Dee

There were some positives to take away from this first game starting with the strong start of first round pick Tim Hardaway, JR. Hardaway showed pretty effortless scoring prowess early and showed a variety of ways to put the ball in the basket. He struggled with shot selection as the team as a whole struggled in the second half, but this kid is an NBA caliber scorer.

With the Knicks desperate for a big body who can rebound, it was great to see Jeremy Tyler yank down 11 boards including 5 on the offensive end. Tyler, the former high school star who traveled overseas to play professionally before being drafted to the NBA, is still incredibly raw offensively but you have to really like his activeness. I think he’s someone the Knicks have to continue to take a long look at.

Who is Eloy Vargas? A three year player at Kentucky who left after the 11-12 season, Vargas showed decent range, but didn’t help much on the boards.

I was impressed with C.J. Leslie’s ability to attack the basket off the bounce. He showed some athleticism but you’d like to see better shot selection and more production from the super-talented swingman. Hopefully at his size he isn’t in NBA forward purgatory that finds him in between positions and not effective at either the 3 or the 4.

Toure’ Murray did his best Nate Robinson instant offense impersonation, no? Four FGs in 12 minutes including a 3 pointer was very impressive. Looking forward to seeing more of the former Wichita State star.

I know it was just one summer league game but I was disappointed by Iman Shumpert’s effort yesterday. I thought he could have shown more leadership and take over ability. He was completely outplayed by Austin Rivers all game long. Obviously, you’d like to see Shump get better handling the ball and attacking the basket and job number 1 for him is to stay healthy. But sooner or later the knee injury can no longer be viewed as a crutch and we’re going to have to see much more consistency offensively. I’d like to see him prove, like Rivers, that he is by far one of the best players on the floor.

I was annoyed at the rotation in thinking that the coaching staff went too early to the second unit in the first half, but that’s being nitpicky.

All in all it wasn’t pretty but there were some good signs. Looking forward to the next game tomorrow at 4.
 3 years ago '04        #10254
space
space
Berman

LAS VEGAS — It was a good omen. Rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. banged in his first shot in a Knicks uniform, a tough 18-footer from the right baseline in the opening seconds of his first summer league game.

Minutes later, newly minted point guard Iman Shumpert tossed an alley-oop Hardaway threw down.

A fearless Hardaway racked up eight points in the first six minutes of his debut Friday at UNLV’s Cox Pavilion, showing glimpses of why the Knicks brass was thrilled he was available in the draft at No. 24.

Though Hardaway tailed off in the second half, he finished with 13 points on 4-of-12 shooting, was 4-of-5 from the free-throw line and had five rebounds and three a.ssists in the Knicks’ 77-72 loss to the Pelicans.

The rookie displayed enough tenacious knowhow to envision a Shumpert-Hardaway backcourt at the Garden for years to come.

Shumpert started at point guard as the Knicks experiment whether he will play there occasionally, as he did as a rookie and at Georgia Tech.

“We got great chemistry going,’’ said Hardaway, whose father, Tim Sr., was on hand. “We’re doing a great job reading and playing off each other. It’s great having a veteran to get through the process.’’

Hardaway, out of Michigan, had no jitters, playing in front of the 2,400 fans.

“I was very comfortable,’’ he said. “The shots in the second half were there. I just need to knock them down. I’ll get better as this continues. I played in front of 75,000 people [in Indianapolis in the NCAA championship game ] not many months ago. No big deal.

“It was a good showing. I need to be a lot better. I know that. It’s the first game, playing with guys for the first time for three days.’’

Shumpert had a tough day, though his goal was to spotlight Hardaway. Shumpert was 0-for-5 with four a.ssists and four turnovers. A source said Shumpert might not play another summer league game.

“They encouraged me to come out here and make sure I worked on point guard and facilitate more,’’ he said.

Shumpert beamed when talking about Hardaway.

“I love the way he plays,” Shumpert said. “He knows how to play in a system. He plays both sides of the ball. Anytime you tell him of a problem, he applies it right there.’’

Summer league head coach Jim Todd started Shumpert, Hardaway and C.J. Leslie — the young trio of the future. Leslie fell out of the draft and the Knicks signed him to a two-year deal — the first year guaranteed. Leslie shot just 2-of-9 for seven points, and was admittedly rusty. but showed athleticism in moving beautifully up and down the court, once scoring in transition off a Hardaway feed.

“It was the first time I played 5-on-5 in a while,’’ said Leslie, who injured his hip during pre-draft workouts and shut it down. “I played all right.’’

Point guard Chris Smith, J.R. Smith’s brother, came off the bench to score nine points but combo guard Toure Murry, whom the Knicks are considering for camp after winning a D-League title with Rio Grande, looked solid. He was 4-of-6 for 11 points in 12 minutes.
 3 years ago '04        #10255
space
space
Tommy Dee

I’ve been very critical of Iman Shumpert over his first two seasons as a Knick and I’m fully comfortable in saying he was my favorite player during the playoffs last year with his intensity and quick scoring ability at times. His put back dunk against the Pacers was legendary as was his performance in the 3rd quarter of game 6. He was exceptional at times against Boston.

But with the great moments come increased expectations and with expectations there must comes criticism.

Shumpert is an easy player to root for. He’s engaging and he plays hard during the regular season. He’s shown flashes that he can help offensively, but as he moves forward there are many questions that just need to be asked.

Forget yesterday. I’m bothered that he allowed Austin Rivers to literally tear him up on both sides of the floor and that I hoped he had more natural ability with the ball in making decisions, but let’s a.ssume he will be better in the next few games.

What’s his real position? We know it’s not the 3, because his agents reportedly aren’t cool with the lack of touches even though it makes him more “efficient” and that gets metric folks all giddy. I think in an ideal world fans would just a.ssume the guy be a 25 minute a night, cheap player who doesn’t need to be near the ball. Sort of what we’ve seen when he’s healthy.

Speaking of that, the knee thing is no longer a crutch. Not after what we saw in the playoffs. Now it’s about confidences and improving skills. People used that as an excuse often, and that was fine, but heading into this year I hope to hear it less and less. The guy made exceptional plays and played exceptionally hard. He’s almost 100%.

Anyway, the problem with that fan thinking is that Shumpert and his camp want more minutes, and with more minutes come more opportunity to put the ball in the basket. And let’s face it, his handle is weak, he’s not a upper echelon shooter and he’s really not that great of a finisher off the dribble. You saw Tim Hardaway Jr. smoothly come in and score in a variety of ways: catch and shoot, mid range pull, above the rim and off the bounce for an and one. That’s natural scoring ability and that ability isn’t possessed by Shumpert. He’s learned to catch and shoot and effectively make threes and that would be great, but will it satisfy him and his ability to develop?

The fact is, and it’s why he’s getting reps in the summer, he NEEDS to develop with the ball and he NEEDS to be able to find ways to score. It’s a critical thing that the Knicks need from him EVERY game, not just quarters here and there. The talent is there and I was very disappointed with his game yesterday. He should be their go to guy when they needed hoops and they needed them often down the stretch.

It’s going to be interesting to see the progression of Shumpert’s game as his contract approaches and how he improves offensively. He’s not going to be the wonder kid defensive wiz who plays 20-25 minutes a night forever. At some point he’s going to have to learn to score with the ball not off of it.

All fair criticisms.
 3 years ago '04        #10256
space
space
NYK have spoken to both Nate The Greats and Dalembert agents
 3 years ago '04        #10257
Jae_Hood_354 91 heat pts91
space
space
$7,462 | Props total: 1189 1189
 Born_Loser said:
NYK have spoken to both Nate The Greats and Dalembert agents
grab nate he wants back in ny
 3 years ago '05        #10258
s1eepyboy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,230 | Props total: 1546 1546
Yall better be talkin about nate wolters or mcmillan...sh*t even nate dogg

3 - 1 STRK: 2 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 114 (-2) 
  Career: | Aug 13: 94-60, Rank #50 | Aug 12: 34-21, Rank #101 | Aug 11: 41-32, Rank #129 | Aug 10: 89-44, Rank #86 *
 3 years ago '07        #10259
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,380 | Props total: 277 277
 s1eepyboy said:
Yall better be talkin about nate wolters or mcmillan...sh*t even nate dogg

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 83 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 47-24, Rank #82 | Aug 15: 53-44, Rank #135 | Aug 14: 155-91, Rank #48 | Aug 13: 64-32, Rank #54 | Aug 12: 212-123, Rank #30 | Aug 11: 333-187, Rank #38 | Aug 10: 1090-567, Rank #11 | Aug 09: 2-1, Rank #328 | Aug 08: 3-1, Rank #625 *
 3 years ago '08        #10260
AC_89 147 heat pts147
space
space
$33,795 | Props total: 5530 5530
Three hours until the Metta World Peace deadline for unrestricted free agency. No team has informed Peace that they've made a claim yet.

@dolphinrxpe my guess is that he ends up here if he clears waivers

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
13 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Well Damn Wale - Groundhog's Day (J Cole response)
167 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
25 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Post Ya Pick Ups December 2016
20 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
336 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy