New York Knicks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
31 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why she look like she just raped these kids
100 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #10101
Born_Loser|M 100 heat pts100
space
space
$42,259 | Props total: 3783 3783
Alex Kennedy is reporting that the Knicks are one of the teams interested in Telfair and it looks like the odd man out for the Raptor trade to work is Q-Rich
 4 years ago '05        #10102
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,363 | Props total: 4507 4507
Pull up them camby tweets. Still reppin the #tape, much respect to him for understanding
 4 years ago '04        #10103
space
space
i unfollowed him and Novak with the quickness lmfao

u not on my team, fu*k what you think
 4 years ago '04        #10104
space
space
Kurt Helin

Because what the Knicks really need is another volume shooter. What they lack is a guy who needs the ball in his hands and shoots a low percentage on the shots he creates, and then is disinterested on defense.

Nonetheless the Knicks have interest in Monta Ellis, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. The good news for Knicks fans is this likely does not happen.

A union of Ellis and the Knicks is viewed as a long shot, as the Knicks have only the $3.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception available. Ellis just opted out of a deal that would have paid him $11 million next season in Milwaukee.

But Ellis, 27, and his Washington, D.C.-based agent, Jeff Fried, are known to be willing to compromise in order to sign with a contending team. And the Knicks, who face the free-agent loss of sixth man of the year J.R. Smith, would provide ample opportunity for Ellis to showcase his scoring prowess deep into the playoffs.

Ellis averaged 19.2 points a game last season but on 41.6 percent shooting in Milwaukee. Paired with Brandon Jennings, then later in the season J.J. Red!ck, the Bucks backcourt was… interesting. Among the teams reportedly interested are Dallas and Atlanta (the Hawks seem an odd fit with their front office and coach, but it’s out there).

Ellis is a free agent likely in for a rude awakening about what the market will offer him. He reportedly turned down a two year, $24 million extension to get out of Milwaukee and he is not going to get anything like that on the open market. Teams are looking for efficient scorers and that is not Ellis.

Even so, the Knicks $3.2 million is low (and the reportedly want to spend part of that on Chris Copeland and Pablo Prigioni). This is a deal that just will not work out, which is good for the Knicks because Ellis is a bad fit.
 4 years ago '05        #10105
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
Lmaoooooo fu*ked up but true
But yeah he still riding with us to win a chip n he understands...hopefully he gets bought out n takes a front office or backstage position with us...I can dig that
 4 years ago '11        #10106
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 511 511
knicks trying to get another guard? unless its a pure point, Im not with it/ we need some muscle inside. pause
 4 years ago '04        #10107
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
knicks trying to get another guard? unless its a pure point, Im not with it/ we need some muscle inside. pause
i'm looking at the Ellis thing as a backup plan in case JR doesn't re-sign since they pretty much do the same thing. makes no sense to go after one when you have the other
 4 years ago '05        #10108
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
I suppose...I like jr cause he's bigger tho
 4 years ago '11        #10109
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,938 | Props total: 9805 9805
Knicks should pick up Delfino & Eric Maynor. If Prigs comes back he should get on the phone with Delfino immediately. He's a 2/3 that can shoot and plays D
 4 years ago '04        #10110
space
space
for sh*ts and giggles, since Lin is available would you fu*kers trade for his backstabbing a.ss
 4 years ago '04        #10111
space
space
damn, if Tyreke got that kinda offer i don't see how JR could turn down whatever he may get offered
 4 years ago '08        #10112
AC_89 196 heat pts196
space
space
$38,948 | Props total: 13180 13180
Jr def getting 10 mill or more he had a nice lil run here besides the playoffs
 4 years ago '04        #10113
space
space
that NBA 2016 free agent class is wack though, we truly lost

WE IN HERE
 4 years ago '05        #10114
s1eepyboy 12 heat pts12
space
space
Jr not goin anywhere man stop thinking negative. 5 mil in ny he good
 4 years ago '04        #10115
space
space
Hahn responding to random tweets

“@Ba_Silly: @alanhahn any word on what's going to happen with JR Smith? #knickstape” It's been quiet there. Curious to see what he may get.

“@I_amDonte: @alanhahn Is there any chance that Monta Ellis is on the Knicks Radar?” In my opinion, it's peripheral.

“@STUUUBOI_2: @alanhahn Do you see the Knicks sending Bargnani to the warriors for D. Lee ?” No, I don't see that. But do need rebounding.

“@DarkKent27: @alanhahn why in the world didn't we go after Korver??” He and D-Will go back to Utah days. That was over before it started.

“@Jholzer142: @alanhahn how do the nets have the full mle for korver? they are over the salary cap right?” Wasn't full. Taxpayers. $3M per.

“@DrewCasse: @alanhahn How are the Nets pulling off all these deals? Aren't they way over cap?” Blatche was just a simple raise. Korver MLE.

“@BenJamminSir: @alanhahn Why didnt the Knicks consider Mike Dunleavy?” You wanted him for the full mini MLE?

“@aroc118: @alanhahn what are the chances of the knicks signing Aaron Brooks a proven scoring guard ?” Reportedly on the radar.

Tony Allen reportedly on #Knicks radar. Tho a bit of a long shot, perimeter D (read: keeping opposing PGs out of the paint) is a major need.
Expand

“@MarkIlluzzi: @alanhahn what about dejuan blair?? we could use his rebounding and could definitely come cheap” That is for later in July.

“@kboogs05: @alanhahn I like Matt Barnes, but what bigs are out there...” Brand might be good fit. Limited $$ so have to let market set.
 4 years ago '04        #10116
space
space
Berman

The idea of a 20-minute nightly maximum with a prohibition on playing both ends of back-to-backs has been one of the ideas that has been discussed.

“I don’t think anything has been decided,’’ Walters told The Post yesterday. “The doctors are still talking about that. But he’s not going to play a ton of minutes.’’

An extra-cautious approach on Stoudemire to have him on a minutes restriction lower than last season’s was a factor in the Knicks’ willingness to trade for Bargnani, feeling they needed another scoring big man. The Knicks played 18 back-to-backs last season, so that could potentially be 18 games Stoudemire misses. It’s not all that dissimilar to the Spurs’ treatment of the aging Tim Duncan.

When Stoudemire returned from his first knee debridement surgery on Jan. 1, he was put on a 30-minute restriction, but coach Mike Woodson held him to the mid-20s.

However, in March, Woodson twice played Stoudemire slightly more than 30 minutes during a four-games-in-five-nights stretch, after which Stoudemire headed for a second debridement surgery.

When Stoudemire returned for the second round of the playoffs, doctors told Woodson not to play Stoudemire more than 15 minutes a game. When the season ended, Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald acknowledged Stoudemire could be on a minutes restriction next season after playing just 29 regular-season games.

Now it’s even more prudent with Bargnani’s presence. The Knicks were willing to give up 3-point ace Steve Novak (who is limited otherwise), oft-injured center Marcus Camby, a 2016 first-round pick and two second-rounders for Bargnani, who himself had injury issues last season with a bum elbow, playing just 34 games.

The trade upgrades the team, but underscores the notion Grunwald made two mistakes last summer in overpaying Camby and Novak, both of whom fell out of favor with Woodson during the playoffs.

Bargnani knows the feeling, having fallen out of favor with Toronto fans. He was booed his last two seasons there, failing to live up to being drafted No. 1 overall in 2006. Even former Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo, who drafted the Italian, said late in the season Bargnoni he might benefit from a change of scenery. Colangelo stepped down last week, but the trade talks began weeks ago., revisiting talks from the 2011-12 season, when the Knicks were trying to pawn off Stoudemire’s contract on the Raptors for Bargnani.

While known for his outside shooting, Bargnani, who lives in Rome, has been a subpar rebounder, charged with lacking toughness and a stronger work ethic.

One source close to the Bargnani situation said he is best when he has another European on his squad, and fell apart when Jose Calderon was traded to the Pistons two years ago. The source said Bargnani is hopeful Spanish Leaguer Pablo Prigioni is re-signed by the Knicks.

“Everyone likes his talent, I just doubted how much he loves the game,’’ one NBA GM said. “He likes the game but loves what comes with it. ‘’

The Knicks and Raptors made final revisions to the trade, which won’t become official until July 10. In order to complete the deal, the Knicks will throw in Quentin Richardson in a sign-and-trade scenario to make the math work. Richardson was signed in the final days of the regular season by the Knicks for insurance, but only played during garbage time in the playoffs.The team needed an extra contract, and Richardson signed for the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million. Because Richardson will be added as a free agent, the deal can’t be announced until the signing period begins in eight days.

The Knicks and Raptors tried to get the original package completed by Sunday night, but the NBA was unable to approve it. Because all of the salary changes that went into effect yesterday, the deal had to be altered to abide by the collective bargaining agreement trade rules.
 4 years ago '04        #10117
space
space
Hahn pt. 2

“@Piaisnumber1: @alanhahn how about getting Lin back home he's on the trading block? Need pg” You mean the contract Knicks didn't want? lol

“@JayThreeMusic: @alanhahn we have shump no need for allen” Both could be fun, at least defensively.

“@NucleoBomz: @alanhahn what are the chances of KryptoNate making his return to the Blue & Orange?” I don't see it.

“@MannersNYC: What about JJ Hickson @alanhahn or is that for later in the month?” I expect he will be out of their price range.
 4 years ago '04        #10118
space
space
JJ Hickson would be interesting since he would be playing against his fav. player Amar'e
 4 years ago '04        #10119
space
space
Berman

After the additions of 7-foot power forward Andrea Bargnani and first-round pick Tim Hardaway Jr., the Knicks are still looking to add a prototype small forward to their roster, in addition to a point guard.

According to an NBA source, the Knicks are pursuing Rockets free agent small forward Francisco Garcia and former Knick Matt Barnes. The Knicks traded small forward Steve Novak in the Bargnani deal and are not confident they can re-sign forward Chris Copeland.

The source said the 6-foot-7 Garcia, who was born in the Dominican Republic but grew up in The Bronx, has interest in joining the Knicks. He averaged 10.7 points in the playoffs for the Rockets, who didn’t renew his option. (He also played with the Kings last season).

Garcia, drafted out of Louisville, is a good 3-point shooter and defender. The Knicks have their veteran’s minimum and their $3.19 million mid-level exception. They prefer to use the mid-level on a point guard, but one target, C.J. Watson, agreed to terms with the Pacers.

Will Bynum, Aaron Brooks, Devin Harris and Sebastian Telfair are some of the point guards the Knicks reached out to on the first day of free agency. They also sent out a feeler for former Knick Nate Robinson, but a person familiar with the team’s thinking said a reunion is highly unlikely.

* The under-the-cap Pistons have been mentioned as a potential big suitor for J.R. Smith, but a league source said Detroit’s interest isn’t strong. The Bucks also have reported interest, especially after losing Monta Ellis, who has opted out of the final season of his contract, worth $11 million. The Knicks can only offer Smith a contract starting at $5.5 million. The Bucks had offered Ellis a three-year, $36 million extension, but he declined. The Knicks would be considered more than long hots to sway Ellis for the $3.19 million.

* Marcus Camby, part of the Bargnani deal, expressed his displeasure at how he was treated last season in a statement released by his agent. He also hinted at retirement.

“It’s unfortunate that I wasn’t given a meaningful opportunity to contribute last season in New York,” Camby said. “I was really looking forward to the coming year as a chance to show the organization what they missed out on last year, and pushing our team towards the Finals.’’

Camby hinted he doesn’t want to play in Toronto, where he was drafted.

“Given that my goal at this point in my career is to have a shot at a championship, however, I’ll have to evaluate my options going forward,” he said. “I’ve enjoyed a great career and under the right circumstances I hope to continue making an impact in the league.”
 4 years ago '09        #10120
59fifty 
space
space
$22,548 | Props total: 10063 10063
Actually surprised I ain't hearin anything bout jr...not even reports of teams showing interest...might get keep him after all
Home      

most viewed right now
Dat booty...prime grade
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If she fit i'm fit
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DJ Akademiks spoke to OVO 40 for 4 hours; 40 declined beats for Jay-Z; Drake/W..
125 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 21 - Tariq Nasheed embarrasses Laura Ingraham on Fox News
116 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
208 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Multiple teams are interested in DeAndre Jordan
64 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Old EA F*cks on Wall Street Claim claim gamers overreacted, and should pay MOR..
43 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside FUC-A-FAN Raffle
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy